93 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Taobao Global Direct Shipping - experiences?, The good and the bad

myching
post Sep 10 2015, 08:59 AM, updated 6 months ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Anyone tried the Taobao Global Direct Shipping service here - what was your experience like?

My items are currently stuck in the warehouse and I don't know why! icon_question.gif

Some links:
http://www.lowyat.net/2015/73709/taobao-pu...ng-experiences/
https://youtu.be/wAdSUkndEjc?list=PLWR_zQYf...S9yc7_YmCbka243 (this guy got his item like 6 days post reaching the warehouse)

RESOURCES
Online Taobao Customer Service chat function- http://goo.gl/hylXVC, spoke to someone (me in English and the Taobao rep in Chinese - lol)
If you're using Taobao Direct - you can use https://www.dpex.com/ to track the local package status
If you're using one of the consolidators - you can use https://world.taobao.com/markets/all/contac...080302.2.RkoVrb to chat/ track the package status
Special thanks to kingkingyyk (24th Oct '16, 10:45 AM) who also added "For those who are using DEX-I + lazy to check from time to time for the status, I would like to share this snippet to you. Repository : https://github.com/kingkingyyk/DEX-I-Auto-Tracking
It does automatic update and tell you when new status is available"

This post has been edited by myching: Jun 6 2017, 09:56 AM
marcus_bread
post Sep 10 2015, 09:07 AM

Casual

i places my order on last saturday night.as of yesterday, all the items reach the warehouse n i contacted the shipping company n they said will push the operation staff to delivery it soon.

btw this is the first time i use this taobao global direct shipping services also... hopefully everything is OK.
andrekua2
post Sep 10 2015, 01:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

Expect chaos because its their first operation. I also experience some delay this time around because a stupid seller key in the wrong tracking id which result in untrackable. I had to contact the courier to ammend the info.

Normally it would take 7-10days for it to reach here once you consolidate the goods and paid the shipping. It could take longer if they are doing some promo stuffs or whenever China has lengthy holidays.
Ieyasu
post Sep 10 2015, 02:30 PM

I've tried the global direct shipping two weeks ago, quite Okay no problem.

Placed the order and the item shipped from seller after like 2-3 hours, next day the item arrived at the warehouse and then took 3 days to shipped out from China.

After three days I checked the status on the taobao app it said my parcel still at the China custom but when I check it on SKYNET, it already arrived at Malaysia but couldn't deliver to me because of bad address. So I got my parcel at day 9.

Now I'm trying its consolidate and ship service, I think the shipping fee is slightly higher than any taobao agent offer...

This post has been edited by Ieyasu: Sep 10 2015, 02:33 PM
gingerlysnow
post Sep 10 2015, 10:26 PM

I usually control the shipments myself from A-Z but I find it a hassle as I have to track my parcel to warehouse, before asking them to send them to me. So I was immediately happy when I saw the direct shipping option. However, my unadventurous self decided to wait for feedbacks from people who use the service. Does that mean you guys paid using Maybank2u or CIMB clicks?
myching
post Sep 11 2015, 10:08 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(marcus_bread @ Sep 10 2015, 09:07 AM)
i places my order on last saturday night.as of yesterday, all the items reach the warehouse n i contacted the shipping company n they said will push the operation staff to delivery it soon.

btw this is the first time i use this taobao global direct shipping services also... hopefully everything is OK.
Hi Marcus

How did you manage to get the shipping company's contact #?

Thanks!
myching
post Sep 11 2015, 10:17 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ Sep 10 2015, 01:56 PM)
Expect chaos because its their first operation. I also experience some delay this time around because a stupid seller key in the wrong tracking id which result in untrackable. I had to contact the courier to ammend the info.

Normally it would take 7-10days for it to reach here once you consolidate the goods and paid the shipping. It could take longer if they are doing some promo stuffs or whenever China has lengthy holidays.
Hey Andre

I thought the whole point of this service is that you sit back and relax (not worrying about all that consolidation nonsense) >.<

The annoying thing is that both of my items are from the same seller, so how messed up can it get -.-
myching
post Sep 11 2015, 10:20 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Ieyasu @ Sep 10 2015, 02:30 PM)
I've tried the global direct shipping two weeks ago, quite Okay no problem.

Placed the order and the item shipped from seller after like 2-3 hours, next day the item arrived at the warehouse and then took 3 days to shipped out from China.

After three days I checked the status on the taobao app it said my parcel still at the China custom but when I check it on SKYNET, it already arrived at Malaysia but couldn't deliver to me because of bad address. So I got my parcel at day 9.

Now I'm trying its consolidate and ship service, I think the shipping fee is slightly higher than any taobao agent offer...
Happy to hear it went well for you. Any tips on whom/ what I can contact (and in English language, if possible?)

Cheers
myching
post Sep 11 2015, 10:21 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(gingerlysnow @ Sep 10 2015, 10:26 PM)
I usually control the shipments myself from A-Z but I find it a hassle as I have to track my parcel to warehouse, before asking them to send them to me. So I was immediately happy when I saw the direct shipping option. However, my unadventurous self decided to wait for feedbacks from people who use the service. Does that mean you guys paid using Maybank2u or CIMB clicks?
Yes you will have that option, either credit cards or Malaysian online banking (some minimal charge applies to the latter)
marcus_bread
post Sep 11 2015, 11:36 AM

Casual

QUOTE(myching @ Sep 11 2015, 10:08 AM)
Hi Marcus

How did you manage to get the shipping company's contact #?

Thanks!
I use the app to contact them, AliWang
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBVjpocEwNs...Cbka243&index=4
Watch this youtube and it will teach how to contact the seller
myching
post Sep 11 2015, 12:08 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(marcus_bread @ Sep 11 2015, 11:36 AM)
I use the app to contact them, AliWang
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBVjpocEwNs...Cbka243&index=4
Watch this youtube and it will teach how to contact the seller
Thank you, appreciate it!
hZa23
post Sep 13 2015, 09:57 AM

Getting Started

I use 4px for shipping from china..so far no issue..within 1 week can get my item.
ncool15
post Sep 14 2015, 04:36 PM

Hazardous

Guys how about sensitive items?How do they classics which items are sensitive/special? Are fans included as special item?Glass made product?
WinkyJr
post Sep 15 2015, 02:25 PM

Getting Started

how is this better than using lowyat agent?
K.I.T.T
post Sep 16 2015, 12:36 AM

Casual

QUOTE(WinkyJr @ Sep 15 2015, 02:25 PM)
how is this better than using lowyat agent?
lowyat agent markup atas currency.
shin_daria
post Sep 17 2015, 01:00 AM

I use both 4px (consolidate) and also direct shipping. To me direct shipping slower, they sit in the warehouse for 2-3 days dunno why then ship. Consolidate as soon as you pay, the next working day it straight go to customs. Sometimes within the same day!
Xccess
post Sep 17 2015, 10:39 AM

Twinkle lil Stars

Purchased from Taobao few times, my Chinese sucks so I use only 65daigou as agent. https://www.65daigou.com/

All I need is to copy TB link into 65Daigou then work it out from there. Happy with them so far, they will check the goods and repack them nicely.

This post has been edited by Xccess: Sep 17 2015, 10:39 AM
kennykong85
post Sep 17 2015, 11:04 AM

Getting Started

how do I direct purchase with taobao direct shipping?
I am stuck in the process of verification, as I would like to pay thru credit card...
myasiahobby
post Sep 17 2015, 11:30 AM

Casual

QUOTE(kennykong85 @ Sep 17 2015, 11:04 AM)
how do I direct purchase with taobao direct shipping?
I am stuck in the process of verification, as I would like to pay thru credit card...
after u click pay for the items u will ask to key in your address and select the shipping type. then select direct shipping
atrocitines
post Sep 17 2015, 12:14 PM

Casual

Hi guys will I get taxed for getting in air purifier?

93 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0958sec    3.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 07:14 PM