9 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Taobao Global Direct Shipping - experiences?, The good and the bad

views

lyc1982
post May 10 2016, 02:29 AM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(alucard89 @ Apr 15 2016, 02:12 PM)
Nope, that's the total cost
TGDS can reduce the shipping cost depending on the item weight/type
Last time I bought a Hulkbuster iron man figure and it only cost me 32 yuan for the shipping. The actual parcel weights around 4kg and would've cost me more if I used consolidate
hi bro...
based on your experience here...if i buy a single item which weighs 6kg and dimension of 62*52*12 CM, is it advisable to use TGDS instead of consolidating and shipping option ?
TIA
lyc1982
post May 10 2016, 02:58 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

hi sifus sekalian...need you guys' advice

based on your experience here...if i buy a single item which weighs 6kg and dimension of 62*52*12 CM, is it advisable to use TGDS instead of consolidating and shipping option ?

TIA
lyc1982
post May 11 2016, 12:46 AM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(alucard89 @ May 10 2016, 11:24 PM)
Depends on which option saves you most on deliver charges
It helps a lot knowing the exact details of the parcel if you're going for consolidate so you can estimate shipping frees

If tgds fees is lower than estimated charges for consolidate, then you should go for that and vice versa
Might I add sometimes tgds can overcharge based on your item. Recently I bought a stand for 25 yuan but tgds fees was ridiculous at 160 yuan, so I went for consolidate option instead.
thanks for the reply...
i figured my item weighs 6kg...which will incur more shipping fee via consolidation option compared to tgds...haha
lyc1982
post May 13 2016, 07:10 AM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(uwnats2 @ May 13 2016, 12:56 AM)
your Item dimension already exceeded tgds limit,
Tgds limit
l + w + h must less than 120cm and max 60kg.
i checked this post by alucard"
"So if still within 120cm for each side, you're still only charged 32 yuan then? That's definitely a much lower shipping cost than taobao agent charges

For example (40cm x 40cm x 40cm / 6000) = 10kg
And normally they'll charge rm10-13/kg depending on seller of course.

What's the limit for the parcel weight?"

---> so it's total or each side can't exceed 120cm ?

anyhow...my item current status after reaching the warehouse - 商家正通知快递公司揽件...what does it mean ?
lyc1982
post May 13 2016, 09:58 AM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(ycs @ May 13 2016, 09:24 AM)
=Businesses are courier companies embrace the pieces notification  rclxub.gif  sweat.gif
lol...it's ok

i got this notification dy --->【海外】您的包裹已被中通集运仓正常出库
it means my parcel is in delivery process...which means the dimension thing refers to each side not exceeding 120cm, not total dimension (phew!)
lyc1982
post May 17 2016, 03:47 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(KuzumiTaiga @ May 13 2016, 10:29 AM)
but 商家正通知快递公司揽件 means seller requested the courier to withhold your item, keep yourself updated to it.
just an update...my item arrived safely without issues in...7 days !
lyc1982
post May 30 2016, 03:15 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(raidonymous @ May 25 2016, 10:49 PM)
Mine arrived in the afternoon, early morning taobao notify me and I check ABX tracking said shipment out for delivery.  I paid consolidate on THRUSDAY morning, received item today. Still reasonable cause there is weekend.

Did you know taobao consolidate got the 五日达, looks like very promising that's why I try it out (abx-consolidate instead of Direct). But how it works, totally no idea!
五日达 starts from the warehouse right ?
lyc1982
post Jun 8 2016, 04:27 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

sifus sekalian...

prior to payment page...when i checked the dimension/weight requirement for TGDS...it states:
重量限制:限重15.0 kg
体积限制:三边之和不超过130cm

so...i am confused, it's 130cm or 120cm ?
lyc1982
post Jun 9 2016, 01:06 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

anyone bought sony PSP from taobao before ?
is it classified as sensitive item to malaysia ?

please advise...thanks
lyc1982
post Jun 17 2016, 04:31 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

just for clarification...

if i opt for TGDS...weight limit is 15kg and dimension limit is 120 or 130 cm correct ?
if i ordered 2 items (A and B) from different sellers, the weight/dimension limit applies on single item or the total items (e.g: A weight + B weight < 15kg; A dimension + B dimension < 120 or 130 cm) to be shipped ?

appreciate the advice...thanks
lyc1982
post Jun 20 2016, 02:06 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(ycs @ Jun 20 2016, 10:31 AM)
2 days promo at ezybuy
user posted image
agent fee actually not that much..
it's the shipping fee / weight that is killing me
lyc1982
post Jun 22 2016, 02:14 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(alucard89 @ Jun 22 2016, 01:56 PM)
Thanks for the tip
If they agreed to forward your parcel unofficially
Then how would you be able to track your items on taobao?
you need to get the tracking info from taobao seller...and start tracking from there
lyc1982
post Jun 22 2016, 02:15 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Jun 17 2016, 04:31 PM)
just for clarification...

if i opt for TGDS...weight limit is 15kg and dimension limit is 120 or 130 cm correct ?
if i ordered 2 items (A and B) from different sellers, the weight/dimension limit applies on single item or the total items (e.g: A weight + B weight < 15kg; A dimension + B dimension < 120 or 130 cm) to be shipped ?

appreciate the advice...thanks
nobody kind enough to shed lights on this...?
cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif
lyc1982
post Jun 22 2016, 03:13 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(alucard89 @ Jun 22 2016, 02:28 PM)
Ok, then how do you arrange with warehouse Dex/Prouter once your item arrived?
Do you need to contact them thru online chat or something?
i never tried this before...but i think online chat can assist you on that matter
lyc1982
post Jun 22 2016, 10:04 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(evilhomura89 @ Jun 22 2016, 08:58 PM)
(1) and (2): Technically, seller will not have any problem forwarding it to the warehouse, it's more of the warehouse knowing what to do upon receiving the parcel on your behalf and whether will they forward it to your Malaysian home address.
Yes, you'll need your forwarder's permission and agreement to provide you their service. And you'll need to send your forwarder (Prouter/Dex) the link of the item for them to check if it's okay or to check for any special shipping requirement.
Different forwarder might have different ways of working things out, eg, different warehouse address, the format of shipping address have to indicate some special instruction and so on... I'm only familiar with Prouter and what I've told you so far are based on my experience with them. Do note that this is my first time arranging for an unofficial forwarding service with them.

(3) I'm not sure if you can see your 7 characters unique code if you have never use their official consolidator before. And I'm not sure how important is that 7 characters unique code if you're not using their official consolidate option. Check and see what's your forwarder's requirement.

(4) Nope, it won't appear in Taobao's system as this is arranged separately with your forwarder. The reason is, Taobao's has a list of item that they forbid for international shippping even though your local custom allows it (such item could be bulky items like furniture or stuff like handphones). So when that item that you're buying is on their own restricted list, there's no way of using their internal consolidate option to send your stuff to Malaysia.

So, the unofficial way can be quite troublesome and scary if it is your first time and you're unable to communicate efficiently in Mandarin. Hence we have agents out there who will help you deal with all these issues. I can give you a list of sentences that you can use to ask if they are able to offer forwarding services without going through Taobao, let me know.

For yeslogicstic, personally I haven't try it myself but my sister and her friends have been using it.

So far the stuff that I've bought are shipped into Malaysia thru Taobao's official consolidate option. The only time that my shipment was listed under sensitive item is because I bought a car 12v USB charger with bluetooth FM transmitter - the system will automatically put them for sensitive air shipping which is way more expensive.
I also had an experience where the international power adapter i bought got listed as sensitive item, I had to contact the forwarder to get it clarified. In the end, they changed it and place it under normal shippping.
This time I had to do it unofficially is because I'm buying a fish pond filtration system which is quite bulky.
sorry for asking noob question, i still need some understanding:
by using Taobao's official consolidate option...does that mean they consolidate the items at the warehouse...and charge per kg (e.g: RMB 21/kg) shipment to msia ?
In that case...isn't cheaper to go with TGDS with 15kg as limit instead of RMB 21/kg x 15kg = RMB 315 ?

lyc1982
post Jun 23 2016, 10:40 AM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(alucard89 @ Jun 23 2016, 10:22 AM)
What TGDS does is they estimate the volume/weight of the item that you purchased.
Sometimes you get to buy item with lower shipping fees.

For example, I've bought a Hulkbuster armor figure and tgds quoted only 32yuan for the shipping when the actual parcel itself is around 5kg.
That would've been more expensive with consolidate option

However TGDS could also overestimate the fees as well.
Last time I bought camera stand, tgds quoted 85 yuan which was quite ridiculous. I went for consolidate option and only had to pay 24 yuan.

So really, it helps when you have the actual item weight/volume info. Makes it easier to compare between TGDS and consolidate fees.
thnx for the advice...i have always opted for TGDS for all my purchases as each of them weights approximately 4-5kg...so RMB41 is cheaper option for me
so conclusion is...heavier item better go for TGDS option...haha

This post has been edited by lyc1982: Jun 23 2016, 10:58 AM
lyc1982
post Jul 1 2016, 11:34 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(TXSim @ Jul 1 2016, 04:33 PM)
I don't want to ask about that.
then he probably barked up the wrong tree...
lyc1982
post Jul 4 2016, 10:36 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(evilhomura89 @ Jul 4 2016, 05:02 PM)
See my replies below:

1) 淘宝直送 Taobao Global Direct Shipping5日达 ¥32.00 (中国大陆段运费:¥0.00 海外段运费:¥32.00;附加费及限重体积信息)

a) This option means I can buy a few items from different seller. And then they will pack for me and send is it? Just pay 1 time RMb 32? (as long total weight below 60kg and 130cm)?
or is it actually
each item/each seller + rmb 32

Firstly there are several shipping option, but there's only two officially from taobao -
1. TGDS (直运 aka 淘宝直送)- which is the one you saw as mentioned above, most hassle free method, click pay and wait for item to be delivered.
2. Consolidate 集运 - good if you are doing multiple separate orders. You'll need to navigate through Taobao website to check if your item has arrive warehouse, then click "Consolidate" and pay for shipping depending on the total weight of your item. This service for Malaysian route is offered by 4 taobao appointed agent - 4PX, PRouter, 中通秀驿 and 递壹时. Their rates differ so do their customer service. Their local delivery partner differs as well. Personally I go for PRouter due to their cheaper rate and never had problems with them.

This 32RMB only applies to your current TGDS checkout. Anything that you have added into the cart before this are all under this order.
If you place another separate order, it is considered as a separate shipment.
It is not fixed to 32RMB, the more stuff you have, the higher the price goes.
32RMB is the minimum that you'll have to pay for TGDS. We are not sure about how the system calculate the cost, but if you read a few pages back, some members had shipped heavy stuff for lower price using TGDS.
Personally I kinda suspected the more you buy per order, the cheaper it is (in terms of shipping cost per item).

b) What happen if above 60kg and 130cm?
For TGDS, the limit is 15kg per order, and the box size shouldn't exceed 80cm at any side and shouldn't exceed 120cm L,W and H combined.
Again, if you use their official forwarder, different company different limits.
More info here
- https://world.taobao.com/helper/knowledge.htm?kid=6551700

c) actually the rmb 32 is using what service company?
TGDS for Malaysia is handled by 中通秀驿, their partner in Malaysia is Skynet. 中通秀驿 themselves also offer 集运

2) If want buy things that is fragile.like vase.teapot.. is it ok to use global direct shipping?
It doesn't really matter which shipping method you use as their job is just to consolidate and ship them here. Your main concern here is how the seller pack your fragile stuff. But most of them rely on courier service to deliver their goods across China, so no doubt on their packing skills.
It's how the airport staff/courier staff handles your package that I'm more worried of and these are usually beyond our control.

3) If I want to buy sensitive how ah? Any idea? how much extra charges?
Sensitive item usually have extra charges, different forwarder different charges.
Some you might not be able to buy thru official shipping method even though it is not illegal to import them.
In such cases, you'll have to rely on 3rd party agent such as ezbuy, sgshop, yeslogistics etc to help you.

4) I am trying to find "subang jaya" in address section. cannot find.. Only petaling jaya...correct moh?
Yup, that's right. As long as you type your full address and it's in the correct region with correct postcode, it shouldn't be a problem.

5) I read here there.. I should install Aliwangwang? to talk to taobao admin? Any other important app i should install?
I don't know if they'll be able to communicate with you in English effectively but you can install the taobao app, and the wangxin app. Useful if you need to contact your seller, your forwarder etc.
good explanations there...

For this i still have some query ----->For TGDS, the limit is 15kg per order, and the box size shouldn't exceed 80cm at any side and shouldn't exceed 120cm L,W and H combined.
I can understand 15kg per order limitation...what about the box size let say for 2 same items with each having 40x40x40cm ? Can I still ship these 2 same items (total 2 boxes weight < 15kg) under the same TGDS order with only RMB32 (this is what i observed by trying to combine 2 items together under 1 order, and it is still showing RMB32 only) shipping fee ?

This post has been edited by lyc1982: Jul 4 2016, 10:44 PM
lyc1982
post Jul 5 2016, 10:23 AM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(evilhomura89 @ Jul 5 2016, 10:03 AM)
Well usually the system won't be able to detect box size and the weight, so I suppose luck does play a part here. We have no idea how the amount is calculated, maybe it based on an estimated weight provided by the seller. Whatever amount that was shown to you for TGDS during checkout is what you'll have to pay. After that, it shouldn't be your problem anymore whether if it's overweight or oversized. That's why TGDS are not always available for bulky items, sensitive items etc. They can't risk having oversized/overweight/sensitive shipment without incurring extra charges. Even if it's available, it would cost a bomb and you're better off using the official forwarder which goes by the actual weight and size.
thanks for the reply...
guess i have to try my luck then, i wanna buy 2 sets of UCS Bat Tumbler under same TGDS order...lol

p/s: yes...i used TGDS before for my first UCS Bat Tumbler without any issue

This post has been edited by lyc1982: Jul 5 2016, 10:49 AM
lyc1982
post Jul 5 2016, 11:19 AM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(alucard89 @ Jul 5 2016, 11:14 AM)
Btw, try checkout your items using taobao mobile app
Might get lower item price and shipping fees
really...?
haha...gonna try

9 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top