Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Passport & Visa Application, Validity, & related issues. Discuss here (Travel)

views

TSsugarbaby
post Jun 5 2006, 03:43 PM, updated 16y ago

Getting Started
136 posts

Hi all, I need to get advise here...I'm going to Hong Kong next month to visit my relative, all alone...so, pls advise me on the following icon_question.gif :

1. I want to apply passport. The nearest place for me is Damansara, near HELP college. Where exactly is the location? My friend told me to take Putra LRT, then feeder bus and stop at Menara Millennium. Then how? I heard over there got a machine to insert all your documents and money, which means u dont have to queue up for number. Issit true?

2. My flight to HK is 7.30am, which means I need to be at airport by 5.00am. Once I reach the airport, what's the procedures? How do I check in? After check in, then go where?

Hope all the frequent travellers can help me....thanks! rclxms.gif

Tumpang post-juichuan

quoted from this site:

http://www.imi.gov.my/eng/perkhidmatan/im_PasportMsia.asp

Malaysian Passport

Purpose

This passport is issued to Malaysian Citizen for the purpose of travelling abroad.

Validity

Valid for five (5) years from the date of issue and cannot be renewed.

Conditions

Form A - IM.42 - Pin 1/1997 (Download)

Form A1/B1 (father's permission if relevant)

2 photographs of applicant measuring 3.5 cm X 5.0 cm

Old Passport (if any)

Payment
32 pages - RM300
64 pages - RM600

Applicant If Conditions
18 years and above -
Identity Card

Police / Army Identity Card

Below 18 years for those whose are married -
Identity Card

Marriage Certificate

Below 18 years Have parents
Identity Card (12 years old and above)

Birth Certificate

Father's or Mother's Identity Card

Below 18 years Parents (deceased)

Birth Certificate

Parents' Death Certificate

Statutory Declaration of Guardianship

Below 18 years Parents Divorced

Birth Certificate

Mother's Identity card

Court's Order For Custody of Child

Below 18 years Adopted Child

Birth Certificate

Identity Card of Legal Guardian

Certificate of Adoption certifying child's citizenship status

Passport application are not available in Immigration Headquaters, Putrajaya.

Malaysian Passport for Children and Students

For children and students who intend to study overseas will have the privilege of paying the passport half of the normal price with conditions:-

For children, must be below 12 years old on the date of submission.

For students below 21 years old on the date of submission with the offer letter from the overseas institution or letter from the respective sponsor.

Note: For situations not stated here, please contact the nearest Immigration Department for further clarification.
This post has been edited by juichuan: Sep 3 2006, 11:39 PM
fookinell
post Jun 5 2006, 03:49 PM

Getting Started
110 posts

QUOTE(sugarbaby @ Jun 5 2006, 03:43 PM)
Hi all, I need to get advise here...I'm going to Hong Kong next month to visit my relative, all alone...so, pls advise me on the following  icon_question.gif :

1. I want to apply passport. The nearest place for me is Damansara, near HELP college. Where exactly is the location? My friend told me to take Putra LRT, then feeder bus and stop at Menara Millennium. Then how? I heard over there got a machine to insert all your documents and money, which means u dont have to queue up for number. Issit true?

2. My flight to HK is 7.30am, which means I need to be at airport by 5.00am. Once I reach the airport, what's the procedures? How do I check in? After check in, then go where?

Hope all the frequent travellers can help me....thanks!  rclxms.gif
I think you better do your passport fast if you plan to travel next month. I believe it takes a minimum 2 weeks for the Immigration Department to get the passport ready from the date of application.

Depending on where you live, there is an Immigration Department at Kompleks Wilayah and at the old Subang Airport. The one at Pusta Bandar Damansara is normally packed with people. My best advice is to be there early i.e. before 7 a.m. to get queque for a number.

As for international flight, you need to check-in at least 2 hours from the flight departure. After you check in just go to the departure gate that is stated on your ticket and waiting for boarding.

Hope this helps smile.gif

xue
post Jun 5 2006, 08:52 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(sugarbaby @ Jun 5 2006, 03:43 PM)
Hi all, I need to get advise here...I'm going to Hong Kong next month to visit my relative, all alone...so, pls advise me on the following  icon_question.gif :

Hope all the frequent travellers can help me....thanks!  rclxms.gif
I think machine autorenewal is only for renewing passport, if you are applying for the first time, then you need to go to counter. I heard the old Subang airport (?terminal 2) is the least crowded, Wilayah kompleks should still be functioning for passport application, provided you go early, not on school hoiliday, should be fast. Passport will be ready in 3 days, RM300 for 32 pages.
you can download the form here
http://www.imi.gov.my/eng/Forms/im_forms.asp
othewise first thing is got o the form counter to buy the form and get to the queque, which can be loooong..
need 2 passsport size photo (make sure is the correct size), original and photocopied IC, and pay money on the same day.

HK might have lots of passenger, which mean you better go early, check from the display which counter are you suppose to check in (MAS has a common counter, which mean any flight on MAS can be checked in there).

Then go to the international departure gate, you need to go down the escalator and reach immigration check point, malaysian passport is simple, just go to one of the autogate and insert ur passport as instructed, then u are done. After that take the aerotrain (just follow people) and you will be brought to the gate, look for ur gate, usually u have time to hang around, nowadys there is an internet booth (still around?) that u can surf for free. Fast food there is burger king, rest are all cafes, bring something to eat then u can save money.

sign boards are everywhere so you wont miss ur way

that is it, hope it help..
db07mufan
post Jun 6 2006, 02:50 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,679 posts

they preety much said it all.

First time travelling?

Have fun!
socratesman
post Jun 6 2006, 04:19 PM

Regular
1,686 posts

the photocopied IC for passport application, does it need to be certified as a true copy ?
darkages
post Jun 6 2006, 05:11 PM

Jam Bumi
Group Icon
VIP
4,206 posts

QUOTE(socratesman @ Jun 6 2006, 04:19 PM)
the photocopied IC for passport application, does it need to be certified as a true copy ?
Just pass the photocopied IC together with the original to the officer at the counter.
xue
post Jun 6 2006, 06:54 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(socratesman @ Jun 6 2006, 04:19 PM)
no need

for bit of additional cost
you can get photo and IC photostated on the spot (in Kompleks Wilayah)

BTW
those people from Sabah and Sarawak need to bring birth cert along iif yopu apply in Peninsular Malaysia
and it wil probably takes like 6-8 weeks vmad.gif
TSsugarbaby
post Jun 6 2006, 08:27 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

i thot i heard people said wilayah complex already closed down? which means only got 2 places in klang valley to make passport...at Dsara and Subang...correct?
darkages
post Jun 6 2006, 09:08 PM

Jam Bumi
Group Icon
VIP
4,206 posts

QUOTE(sugarbaby @ Jun 6 2006, 08:27 PM)
i thot i heard people said wilayah complex already closed down? which means only got 2 places in klang valley to make passport...at Dsara and Subang...correct?
I renewed mine at PKNS Shah Alam just a few months back.
AnimeAsia
post Jun 7 2006, 09:25 PM

Casual
358 posts

QUOTE(xue @ Jun 5 2006, 08:52 PM)
I think machine autorenewal is only for renewing passport,
You mean if want to renew passport just go to the machine and renew? No need to fill in forms? What about payment?
xue
post Jun 7 2006, 10:11 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(AnimeAsia @ Jun 7 2006, 09:25 PM)
You mean if want to renew passport just go to the machine and renew? No need to fill in forms? What about payment?
pay to the machine
need to use MyKad

I think can only be done at Damansara
maybe putrajaya as well

need to go and collect the next working day if i am not mistaken
Sinque
post Jun 7 2006, 10:15 PM

Evertonian
1,199 posts

QUOTE(sugarbaby @ Jun 6 2006, 08:27 PM)
There is one at Pelabuhan Klang which is normally quite empty.

Also it just takes 1 day to get a passport ready nowadays.
Sinque
post Jun 7 2006, 10:16 PM

Evertonian
1,199 posts

QUOTE(fookinell @ Jun 5 2006, 03:49 PM)
I think you better do your passport fast if you plan to travel next month. I believe it takes a minimum 2 weeks for the Immigration Department to get the passport ready from the date of application.
It will be ready the next day actually.
elaineliew88
post Jun 7 2006, 10:30 PM

MCKY girl
1,230 posts

how much applying for new passport???rm300???
AnimeAsia
post Jun 7 2006, 11:09 PM

Casual
358 posts

Had the old version of passport RM 150, can be used to travel to S'pore. It can't be used anymore due to change of law and have to change to the International version RM 300.

What type of application is this? New application? What documents are needed? Photocopy of IC and passport size photo only?

Which place to make passport is nearer to SS 15, Subang Jaya? Any public transport to get there? Thanks.
Sinque
post Jun 7 2006, 11:57 PM

Evertonian
1,199 posts

QUOTE(elaineliew88 @ Jun 7 2006, 10:30 PM)
how much applying for new passport???rm300???
Should be able to get the info at Immigration website.
elaineliew88
post Jun 8 2006, 01:09 AM

MCKY girl
1,230 posts

QUOTE(Sinque @ Jun 7 2006, 11:57 PM)
Should be able to get the info at Immigration website.
no info oso??? icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif
kambing
post Jun 8 2006, 01:29 AM

Getting Started
174 posts

New international passport RM300 cannot renew.Valid 5 years
There is one imigresen at Dang Wangi nearby police station.
New Passport take 1 day to get it.Normally you will get next day.
But for a weird reason old passport holder will get after next 2 day.
If you have special letter you will get on the spot.Like medical and etc.
Last time I go 10am no queue like last time(maybe my luck).Just take half hour and then finish.Just pay RM10 to get passport photo at nearby shop.And 1 photostat IC and fill up the form.Buy the form RM1 if not mistaken.
Total cost RM311+RM10 to drink and petrol at pposite mamak stall hehe..GOOD LUCK

xue
post Jun 8 2006, 02:52 AM

22 posts

QUOTE(kambing @ Jun 8 2006, 01:29 AM)
New international passport RM300 cannot renew.Valid 5 years
There is one imigresen at Dang Wangi nearby police station.
New Passport take 1 day to get it.Normally you will get next day.
But for a weird reason old passport holder will get after next 2 day.
If you have special letter you will get on the spot.Like medical and etc.
Last time I go 10am no queue like last time(maybe my luck).Just take half hour and then finish.Just pay RM10 to get passport photo at nearby shop.And 1 photostat IC and fill up the form.Buy the form RM1 if not mistaken.
Total cost RM311+RM10 to drink and petrol at pposite mamak stall hehe..GOOD LUCK
that Dang Wangi place is in Wilayah Kompleks tongue.gif

suggest park at the opposite private carpark

btw, Yuk Kee opposite Kompleks Wilayah is famous for makan rclxms.gif
off peak season e.g. school holiday should have not too long queque.
xue
post Jun 8 2006, 02:56 AM

22 posts

QUOTE(AnimeAsia @ Jun 7 2006, 11:09 PM)
Had the old version of passport RM 150, can be used to travel to S'pore. It can't be used anymore due to change of law and have to change to the International version RM 300.

What type of application is this? New application? What documents are needed? Photocopy of IC and passport size photo only?

Which place to make passport is nearer to SS 15, Subang Jaya? Any public transport to get there? Thanks.
subang airport, terminal 2

koochy_rat
post Jun 8 2006, 08:58 AM

Getting Started
278 posts

Immigration in wilayah complex has closed! Don't go there. They moved to damansara already.
AnimeAsia
post Jun 8 2006, 10:29 AM

Casual
358 posts

QUOTE(AnimeAsia @ Jun 7 2006, 11:09 PM)

Anybody able to answer my question? Thanks.
atah
post Jun 9 2006, 01:46 AM

On my way
623 posts

can we renew passport with the machine? thought that it is not renewable as mentioned in the website. pls advise...
koochy_rat
post Jun 9 2006, 09:07 AM

Getting Started
278 posts

QUOTE(AnimeAsia @ Jun 8 2006, 10:29 AM)
Anybody able to answer my question? Thanks.
New application and renewal are the same nowadays. You fill up the same form and submit the same things.. photocopy i/c and 2 passport size photo.

Not sure if there is any bus going there.. cos practically no one goes that way nowadays. Best is just take a taxi.

QUOTE(atah @ Jun 9 2006, 01:46 AM)
can we renew passport with the machine? thought that it is not renewable as mentioned in the website. pls advise...
It is not renewable.. you get a new passport the next day. Not renewed on the spot. It's more of a deposit machine rather than a renewing machine.
atah
post Jun 9 2006, 10:32 AM

On my way
623 posts

QUOTE(koochy_rat @ Jun 9 2006, 09:07 AM)
It is not renewable.. you get a new passport the next day. Not renewed on the spot. It's more of a deposit machine rather than a renewing machine.
does it meant that i can just go to the machine and get it done without the need to queue up with those who are applying new passport?
koochy_rat
post Jun 9 2006, 11:14 AM

Getting Started
278 posts

QUOTE(atah @ Jun 9 2006, 10:32 AM)
does it meant that i can just go to the machine and get it done without the need to queue up with those who are applying new passport?
Yes, that's the purpose of having the machine.. to beat the queue. Don't need to go so early thumbup.gif Just hope the machine doesn't break down doh.gif
atah
post Jun 9 2006, 06:55 PM

On my way
623 posts

QUOTE(koochy_rat @ Jun 9 2006, 11:14 AM)
Yes, that's the purpose of having the machine.. to beat the queue. Don't need to go so early thumbup.gif Just hope the machine doesn't break down  doh.gif
thx... so where are the branches that have this machine in klang valley?
koochy_rat
post Jun 12 2006, 09:06 AM

Getting Started
278 posts

Only the damansara office has the machine.
areankim
post Jun 12 2006, 02:55 PM

"Live Life Cool"
3,678 posts

i heard that they dont accept those picture taken outside? the picture has to be taken on the spot wor....
atah
post Jun 12 2006, 04:49 PM

On my way
623 posts

QUOTE(areankim @ Jun 12 2006, 02:55 PM)
i heard that they dont accept those picture taken outside? the picture has to be taken on the spot wor....
really? the picture on my current passport was taken outside 5 yrs ago, & i planned to use it for the renewal. if it's ok on this passport, they should accept it, rite? sweat.gif sweat.gif

xue
post Jun 12 2006, 07:20 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(atah @ Jun 12 2006, 04:49 PM)
really? the picture on my current passport was taken outside 5 yrs ago, & i planned to use it for the renewal. if it's ok on this passport, they should accept it, rite? sweat.gif  sweat.gif
you sure still look like 5 years ago meh?? tongue.gif

KambengAngkasa
post Jun 13 2006, 10:45 AM

47 posts

i've a question...

1) how to get to subang terminal 2 from seri kembangan ?
2) is it open on saturdays ?
koochy_rat
post Jun 13 2006, 10:48 AM

Getting Started
278 posts

QUOTE(areankim @ Jun 12 2006, 02:55 PM)
Not true. You can do it outside and they will accept it. All photo shops will know how to take a correct passport size photo. You can even diy if you can. Besides the instant photo taken on the spot has horrible quality but they still accept it tongue.gif
woopypooky
post Jun 21 2006, 04:04 PM

Regular
1,292 posts

wanna ask...i live in penang, wanna go Singapore, but i dun hv any passport. Havent apply yet, so i wanna ask can get temporary passport (validity a few days)
cos i hear ppl go overseas like thailand on temporary passport right?

if can, how much is the total processing fee and which building?

I'm just a student studying abroad in penang here

This post has been edited by woopypooky: Jun 21 2006, 04:05 PM
hornetEJ
post Jun 21 2006, 05:02 PM

On my way
648 posts

Check here
rpg
post Jun 22 2006, 02:03 PM

Casual
317 posts

i know go jhabatan imigresen to apply right?
i want to know wat are the procedure:-
1. how much is the fee
2. how long should i wait to get it
3. need father's ic / photostated can?
4. how much need to pay every year
5. need to provide home address? as i am moving house soon
goliath
post Jun 22 2006, 02:06 PM

5,485 posts

1) RM300 for 32 pages (IIRC, it is for 5 years. Correct me if I'm wrong)
2) 3 working days
3) How old are you? above 12 years old, parent's IC is not required. Just need your birth certificate and your IC.
4) Refer to no. 1
5) Refer to the IC's address. Ask them for more info.

This post has been edited by goliath: Jun 22 2006, 02:06 PM
loki
post Jun 22 2006, 02:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,017 posts

http://www.imi.gov.my/eng/Forms/im_forms.asp

If i remember, if you are below 18 or 21, you need your parents to accompany you there coz you are not of legal age yet...

This post has been edited by loki: Jun 22 2006, 02:18 PM
theodore_kh
post Jun 22 2006, 02:30 PM

It's me again !
1,293 posts

Why do you need to apply the passport for?

If it is for overseas study, you'll get a 50% rebate if show them your offer letter as a proof

Brotherjoe
post Jun 24 2006, 05:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,001 posts

What you need to bring
1. a photocopy of your IC
2. two piece of passport size photo with blue background
3. RM300 cash.
4. Last but no least.. yourself..

When you reach the immigration department.. Pay RM1 to buy the passport application form there..
monakhoo
post Jul 11 2006, 06:43 PM

14 posts

can anyone help?i will be taking public transport. when is less crowded?
rayfoo
post Jul 11 2006, 06:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,506 posts

passport is not at menara millenium..passport is pusat bandar damansara opposite of menara millenium
monakhoo
post Jul 11 2006, 06:56 PM

14 posts

oh, thanksss

is it crowded there... i hate to wait till 3 hours for making at
Tehmh
post Jul 11 2006, 08:02 PM

Getting Started
233 posts

i think can do it in subang airport as well
maxguy
post Jul 11 2006, 08:06 PM

Enthusiast
809 posts

Pejabat Imigresen KLIA
Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa
Kuala Lumpur (KLIA) Tingkat Bawah
Bangunan Airport Management Centre (AMC)
64000 Sepang
Fax: 03-87874190

Name Telephone Email
1. Tuan Haji Fison b. Haji Yahaya
(Head of Immigration) 03-87768001 [email protected]
2. En. Saravana Kumar a/l Marimuthu
(Deputy Head of Immigration) 03-87768003 [email protected]

maxguy
post Jul 11 2006, 08:06 PM

Enthusiast
809 posts

Selangor Immigration Office
Tingkat 2, Kompleks PKNS
40550 Shah Alam
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: 03-55190653
Fax: 03-55190414

maxguy
post Jul 11 2006, 08:07 PM

Enthusiast
809 posts

Pejabat Imigresen Subang
Terminal 2 03-78471678
Lapangan Terbang SAAS 03-78471851
47200 Subang
Fax: 03-78472049

Name Telephone Email
1. TPPI Hj. Ariffin b. Mohd Ramli
(Head of Office) 03-78472004
2. TPPI Basri b. Othman 03-78476276

maxguy
post Jul 11 2006, 08:24 PM

Enthusiast
809 posts

Days Working Hours Break Hours Working Hours
Monday -
Thursday 8.00am - 1.00pm 1.00pm - 2.00pm 2.00pm - 5.00pm
Friday 8.00am - 12.15pm 12.15pm - 2.45pm 2.45pm - 5.00pm

SUSflamer
post Jul 11 2006, 08:41 PM

On my way
615 posts

To go to Menara Millenium, stop at Bangsar LRT station. Take one of those feeder busses that go around that area (Pusat Bandar Damansara). Settled. smile.gif
monakhoo
post Jul 11 2006, 09:25 PM

14 posts

thanks so much
newbi3s
post Jul 12 2006, 01:56 AM

FALIQ
4,325 posts

i think putrajaya not crowded as others
SUSlauyah
post Jul 12 2006, 05:55 PM

ViSiToR
811 posts

I did my passport in Subang, only took 30 minutes. Dont have to go early, coz its not crowded. My friend went to Pusat Damansara and said its pretty crowded, took him more than an hour.
repusez
post Jul 12 2006, 11:27 PM

On my way
669 posts

the last time i go subang also quite crowded, waited around 1 hour plus. but i reach there around 10 something. remember to bring new passport photos, last time my fren went there with some old photos they force him to get new photos taken at those instant photo booth at the immigration.
panasonic88
post Jul 12 2006, 11:50 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
VIP
37,027 posts

I just did my passport yesterday at Subang Terminal 2. Very fast I would say, but it required you to come back on the next day *personally* to collect your ready passport.

So make sure you arrange your schedule wisely.

juichuan
post Jul 16 2006, 12:04 AM

LA-Little Angel
Group Icon
VIP
1,634 posts

all passport related topics merged
newbi3s
post Jul 24 2006, 11:01 PM

FALIQ
4,325 posts

QUOTE(panasonic88 @ Jul 12 2006, 11:50 PM)
I just did my passport yesterday at Subang Terminal 2. Very fast I would say, but it required you to come back on the next day *personally* to collect your ready passport.

So make sure you arrange your schedule wisely.
passport renew within 1 day? blink.gif
Corn24
post Jul 25 2006, 12:50 AM

Getting Started
294 posts

my passport will expire in 07 Feb 07. do u think i can enter singapore if i go there next month?
desho!
post Jul 26 2006, 08:31 PM

26 posts

WHO [FONT=Impact]has done his/her passport renewal in Australia?

i heard from the news (in year 2005)that students abroad must come back to malaysia , and physically be there to renew their passports. blink.gif
is it still applied?? unsure.gif

can anyone refer me to a reference for proof?
thanks. icon_question.gif
newbi3s
post Jul 27 2006, 10:30 AM

FALIQ
4,325 posts

the terminal 2 subang
24 hours only
H3dg3h0g
post Aug 3 2006, 04:50 PM

33 posts

Isn't there anymore restricted passports to Singapore ??
leslie_julius
post Aug 7 2006, 08:28 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

im a sabahan, living this side of da world.i went over to have my passport made the other day but this officer said BCOZ im a sabahan i'll have to wait at least 2 months.coz the passport will hv to go all the way to sabah to be verified and back here...i personally think its a whole load of crap.but if there's anyone out there who went to the same thing, hw did u get thru it?thnx.
ky_khor
post Aug 14 2006, 03:54 PM

No.22
894 posts

question:

1. wat time is the best i shud go subang immigresen office?
2. normally how long does it take if there's not much ppl there? (first time make passport and collect passport)
3. will the office stop giving out queueing number?
boringpig
post Aug 15 2006, 10:14 AM

Regular
1,339 posts

kajang.. in the afternoon, saw only 3 persons applying.. 30 minutes..

QUOTE(H3dg3h0g @ Aug 3 2006, 04:50 PM)
Isn't there anymore restricted passports to Singapore ??
no more restricted passport already..
boringpig
post Aug 15 2006, 10:17 AM

Regular
1,339 posts

QUOTE(ky_khor @ Aug 14 2006, 03:54 PM)
question:

1. wat time is the best i shud go subang immigresen office?
2. normally how long does it take if there's not much ppl there? (first time make passport and collect passport)
3. will the office stop giving out queueing number?
1. not sure, never been there.. if possible, better go the early.. just in case..
2. less than an hour provided that there are not many people and more counters are opened.. heard said can collect in 24 hours or 3 days.. last time i did was 3 months..
3. once the numbers are given out.. they will.. they have a certain so-called quota of the day..

hope these helps.. laugh.gif
juichuan
post Aug 15 2006, 11:45 AM

LA-Little Angel
Group Icon
VIP
1,634 posts

I lost my IC and am now holding a temporary IC. can i still renew my passport?

This post has been edited by juichuan: Aug 15 2006, 03:06 PM
hackwire
post Sep 3 2006, 10:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,256 posts

where can i get my passport renew at the fastest center? I wonder if putrajaya have a center?
jooku1
post Sep 3 2006, 10:22 PM

Enthusiast
704 posts

Most if not all centers can renew passports in 24 hours.
But if you're asking about the queue, then your best bet would be Putrajaya.
juichuan
post Sep 3 2006, 11:37 PM

LA-Little Angel
Group Icon
VIP
1,634 posts

Quoted from this site:

http://www.imi.gov.my/eng/perkhidmatan/im_PasportMsia.asp

I will also update this on the first post.

Malaysian Passport 

Purpose

This passport is issued to Malaysian Citizen for the purpose of travelling abroad. 

Validity 

Valid for five (5) years from the date of issue and cannot be renewed. 

Conditions 

Form A - IM.42 - Pin 1/1997 (Download) 

Form A1/B1 (father's permission if relevant) 

2 photographs of applicant measuring 3.5 cm X 5.0 cm 

Old Passport (if any) 

Payment
  32 pages - RM300
  64 pages - RM600 

Applicant If Conditions
18 years and above  - 
Identity Card 

Police / Army Identity Card 

Below 18 years for those whose are married  - 
Identity Card 

Marriage Certificate 

Below 18 years  Have parents 

Birth Certificate 

Father's or Mother's Identity Card 

Below 18 years  Parents (deceased) 

Birth Certificate 

Parents' Death Certificate 

Statutory Declaration of Guardianship 

Below 18 years  Parents Divorced 

Birth Certificate 

Mother's Identity card 

Court's Order For Custody of Child 

Below 18 years  Adopted Child 

Birth Certificate 

Identity Card of Legal Guardian 

Certificate of Adoption certifying child's citizenship status 

Passport application are not available in Immigration Headquaters, Putrajaya.

Malaysian Passport for Children and Students

For children and students who intend to study overseas will have the privilege of paying the passport half of the normal price with conditions:-

For children, must be below 12 years old on the date of submission. 

For students below 21 years old on the date of submission with the offer letter from the overseas institution or letter from the respective sponsor. 

Note: For situations not stated here, please contact the nearest Immigration Department for further clarification. 

hackwire
post Sep 3 2006, 11:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,256 posts

i have heard the renewal of old passport is now RM 500 instead of RM300, is this a true fact?

What documents should i bring to renew my passport.

I have read some of the earlier threads and I need the latest update of info now.

thanks
nugget
post Sep 21 2006, 12:31 AM

Regular
1,001 posts

malaysia authority is all bunch of just crab n bullshit...
I m working in changi airport singapore...
as a malaysian I am ashame....
how many sri lankan n chinese PRC using malaysia genuine passport...
but all are under table passport...a big booo to imigration
slacx
post Sep 21 2006, 12:37 AM

Casual
396 posts

Want to know, how can I apply for Visa to USA? Can Travel Agent do it for me or I must do it myself? If normal person apply for travelling, easy to get or not?
juichuan
post Sep 21 2006, 09:14 AM

LA-Little Angel
Group Icon
VIP
1,634 posts

QUOTE(slacx @ Sep 21 2006, 12:37 AM)
Want to know, how can I apply for Visa to USA? Can Travel Agent do it for me or I must do it myself? If normal person apply for travelling, easy to get or not?
travel agents can apply but they still need you to go to the embassy for interview. Go there must have a valid reason, like studying (u need a letter from the uni) or travelling (u need relevant prove) something like that

slacx
post Sep 21 2006, 02:44 PM

Casual
396 posts

QUOTE(juichuan @ Sep 21 2006, 09:14 AM)
travel agents can apply but they still need you to go to the embassy for interview. Go there must have a valid reason, like studying (u need a letter from the uni) or travelling (u need relevant prove) something like that
Relevant prove like what? I want to go to Disneyland, Universal Studios, NYC etc. for one month
babylabbit
post Sep 21 2006, 03:49 PM

4,337 posts

QUOTE(hackwire @ Sep 3 2006, 11:49 PM)
i have heard the renewal of old passport is now RM 500 instead of RM300, is this a true fact?

What documents should i bring to renew my passport.

I have read some of the earlier threads and I need the latest update of info now.

thanks
Rm300 tongue.gif

renew go online download the form n fill in tongue.gif
get ic photocopy n pic n bring IC n old passport

n ready to queue long long
new~b0y
post Sep 21 2006, 08:56 PM

Casual
456 posts

QUOTE(leslie_julius @ Aug 7 2006, 08:28 AM)
im a sabahan, living this side of da world.i went over to have my passport made the other day but this officer said BCOZ im a sabahan i'll have to wait at least 2 months.coz the passport will hv to go all the way to sabah to be verified and back here...i personally think its a whole load of crap.but if there's anyone out there who went to the same thing, hw did u get thru it?thnx.
Dude, that's not crap... Being a Sabahan is like a Malaysian but with different nationality. The same goes to those Sarawakians. That's because of the population control policy implemented by Sabah & Sarawak state government.

If you said that's crap, let me tell you what the real crap is....

People from Peninsula going to Sabah & Sarawak need immigration control. People from there coming to Peninsula no control at all. I need a work permit when I'm working in Sabah & Sarawak. And the stupid work permit occupy one whole page in my passport. I've been asked by many immigrations officer in other countries, why do I need a work permit to work in malaysia when I'm a MALAYSIAN!!! And I have to tell them about the stupid policy.

I get 3 months social visit visa when I go to east Malaysia. I get SIX months social visit visa when I go to UK!!!
nugget
post Sep 22 2006, 04:42 PM

Regular
1,001 posts

QUOTE(slacx @ Sep 21 2006, 12:37 AM)
be prepared with document prove for travel to US,included
purpos of visit,period of visit,place to stay,d conctact number n adress the person
u will visit if any.
US visa have lotz of type(too many type) smile.gif ..you will apply for tourist visa.malaysian is ok

if your are visiting as a tourist...u should b with the tour group,then sure they will approve u lar...unless u have an account like osama did...

This post has been edited by nugget: Sep 22 2006, 04:44 PM
incognito
post Sep 22 2006, 07:56 PM

i've got a hunger, twisting my stomach into knots
2,402 posts

hi everyone,

a friend of mine wants to apply for a new passport as well, but i think he lost his birth cert. wats the proper procedure to renew his birth cert? i hear he needs to make a police report, am i right?

the JPN website gave conflicting info:
one says to fill up the LM01 form => http://www.jpn.gov.my/lahir4.htm
but another says to fill up the LM12 form => http://www.jpn.gov.my/FAQ-lahir.htm

the LM12 form is for 'PERMOHON CARIAN/CABUTAN DAFTAR KELAHIRAN', which i have no idea wat it means sweat.gif appreciate ur help!
slacx
post Sep 23 2006, 03:48 AM

Casual
396 posts

QUOTE(nugget @ Sep 22 2006, 04:42 PM)
be prepared with document prove for travel to US,included
purpos of visit,period of visit,place to stay,d conctact number n adress the person
u will visit if any.
US visa have lotz of type(too many type) smile.gif ..you will apply for tourist visa.malaysian is ok

if your are visiting as a tourist...u should b with the tour group,then sure they will approve u lar...unless u have an account like osama did...
If i want to travel alone, can get or not? I have friends over there.
nugget
post Sep 23 2006, 10:37 AM

Regular
1,001 posts

QUOTE(slacx @ Sep 23 2006, 03:48 AM)
If i want to travel alone, can get or not? I have friends over there.
get all your friends info.I don't know bout malaysia klia how they did the us bound flight.
but in singapore for both american airline...you will be profile even b4 u check in for the flight.same for united airline or northwest airline.
as you arrive at US all asian will be separate a side...wait again for being question...travel alone will require 1 main thing...how much your bring...
they might call up your friend and ask him bout u...roughly like that lah.
liew_jls
post Oct 3 2006, 11:22 PM

On my way
557 posts

QUOTE(incognito @ Sep 22 2006, 07:56 PM)
hi everyone,

a friend of mine wants to apply for a new passport as well, but i think he lost his birth cert. wats the proper procedure to renew his birth cert? i hear he needs to make a police report, am i right?

lost the birth cert? if i not mistaken, u can go to jpn in putrajaya and the copy of ur birth cert. i don't think need to reapply again. why don't u call the jpn and check it out. coz last time i heard everyone's birth cert will have a copy in the putrajaya's jpn. i don't sure la but the best is call the jpn and get more details.

nugget
post Oct 8 2006, 03:30 AM

Regular
1,001 posts

hi all forumers...

incase u need any info regarding visa n passport requirement when u travel abroad...post here...maybe I can help u with...

cheers....travel genuine
owenwong84
post Oct 16 2006, 06:41 PM

Zin zin
1,041 posts

hi nugget..
I stay at KL rigt now. I orginally from Sabah..
If i register passport at kl? need how long? 1 day can receive?
My birth cert left at Sabah, can i use IC only to register?
nugget
post Oct 19 2006, 04:33 PM

Regular
1,001 posts

QUOTE(owenwong84 @ Oct 16 2006, 06:41 PM)
hi nugget..
I stay at KL rigt now. I orginally from Sabah..
If i register passport at kl? need how long? 1 day can receive?
My birth cert left at Sabah, can i use IC only to register?
I m not so sure bout loal malaysia law lar....wht I are good is when u travel abroad...overseas...

but as my passport kena snacth last two year...they require my birth cert.
u can go reapply at G hospital...coz now everything are computerize...if not mistaken my fren applied it in kedah b4.

or u have to currier it to kl lar from sabah.

all the best wink.gif
spacepilot
post Oct 27 2006, 02:27 PM

Enthusiast
886 posts

QUOTE(nugget @ Oct 8 2006, 03:30 AM)
hi all forumers...

incase u need any info regarding visa n passport requirement when u travel abroad...post here...maybe I can help u with...

cheers....travel genuine
I need to apply for a US Visa and have completed most of the process including an appointmet on next week and paid US100 to RHB.
The only things that I am not sure is about the Issuance Fee. I have no idea what is the Issuance Fee is all about and how should it be done, also can I take my photograph at other location instead of only at the recommended US Visa photograph shop which is at Ampang Park?

nugget
post Oct 28 2006, 09:39 PM

Regular
1,001 posts

QUOTE(spacepilot @ Oct 27 2006, 02:27 PM)
I need to apply for a US Visa and have completed most of the process including an appointmet on next week and paid US100 to RHB.
The only things that I am not sure is about the Issuance Fee. I have no idea what is the Issuance Fee is all about and how should it be done, also can I take my photograph at other location instead of only at the recommended US Visa photograph shop which is at Ampang Park?
issuance fee is the fee tht u need to pay for the visa lar.and if u don't mind to travel again to the us embassy...u can try other shop ma.actually,photo for visa require your face.which ears are not covered by hair,white background if posible...my opinion is go to ampang n take lar.since u live in kl.
all other visa are ok..only US are so MA huan...
spacepilot
post Oct 29 2006, 10:23 AM

Enthusiast
886 posts

QUOTE(nugget @ Oct 28 2006, 09:39 PM)
issuance fee is the fee tht u need to pay for the visa lar.and if u don't mind to travel again to the us embassy...u can try other shop ma.actually,photo for visa require your face.which ears are not covered by hair,white background if posible...my opinion is go to ampang n take lar.since u live in kl.
all other visa are ok..only US are so MA huan...
Have you been to an US visa interview? what will they ask you?
I thought Issuance Fee is only paid after the application is successfull isn't it ?
SUSsanook
post Oct 29 2006, 10:35 AM

Enthusiast
880 posts

TAKE NOTE, THE USD100 IS NOT AN ISSUANCE FEE. IT IS AN APPLICATION FEE FOR US VISA. SO, THE AMOUNT IS NOT REFUNDABLE EVEN IF YOUR VISA APPLICATION IS UNSUCCESSFUL.

why do they have such policy? your guess is as good as mine but I am pretty certain that their desire to stop frivolous application and unwanted people from making countless application for VISA has a lot to do with it.

but generally, if you are young; in your teen or 20 something, you really should have enough supporting documents in your application. it is important to present to the embassy a valid reason for your trip, including academic study, business trip or company assignments, or if it is a for holiday purpose, sufficient documentary evidence to show you are capable of surviving in America and have a decent, well-paid job or solid properties in Malaysia that you will not abandon. it helps if you are working in a major local companies or multinationals and you have a letter from your employer testifying that you are working for them in a sufficiently important position.

This post has been edited by sanook: Oct 29 2006, 10:43 AM
theodore_kh
post Oct 29 2006, 11:26 AM

It's me again !
1,293 posts

The time taken to apply a passport is much shorter now.
It took me one week to apply few months ago at Damansara Height

Besides, if your passport has a 'chip' inside, you don't have to queue up long. There is a machine downstairs which you can do it there.

And, the application for passport form is FREE. I went there to get it last time and the Reception wanted to charge me RM2.

This post has been edited by theodore_kh: Oct 29 2006, 11:26 AM
spacepilot
post Oct 29 2006, 05:45 PM

Enthusiast
886 posts

QUOTE(sanook @ Oct 29 2006, 10:35 AM)
TAKE NOTE, THE USD100 IS NOT AN ISSUANCE FEE. IT IS AN APPLICATION FEE FOR US VISA. SO, THE AMOUNT IS NOT REFUNDABLE EVEN IF YOUR VISA APPLICATION IS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Issuance Fee is defineitely not the USD100 fee, its called Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee and my question was "What is an Issuance fee and how much?"
Anyone here who have the experienced in applying a US Visa and what to expect during the interview?
BTW, thanks for the long story sanook.
nugget
post Oct 30 2006, 11:59 PM

Regular
1,001 posts

QUOTE(spacepilot @ Oct 29 2006, 05:45 PM)
Issuance Fee is defineitely not the USD100 fee, its called Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee and my question was "What is an Issuance fee and how much?"
Anyone here who have the experienced in applying a US Visa and what to expect during the interview?
BTW, thanks for the long story sanook.
as I do not have much contact with the US embassy..I do not know wht they will interview u...
from my xpirience its more to security question will impose to u ....
such as...
1.how long your stay in us
2.purpose of visit
3.whre u stay..
4.who what when where why
thts all I can help u
owenwong84
post Oct 31 2006, 08:31 AM

Zin zin
1,041 posts

Alright, here is for Sabahan make passport at KL.
The officer told me that the fastest is 1 month- 3 month can complete.
They also look my birth cert. Photocopy 1. The others remain same.
spacepilot
post Nov 3 2006, 02:54 PM

Enthusiast
886 posts

QUOTE(nugget @ Oct 30 2006, 11:59 PM)
as I do not have much contact with the US embassy..I do not know wht they will interview u...
from my xpirience its more to security question will impose to u ....
such as...
1.how long your stay in us
2.purpose of visit
3.whre u stay..
4.who what when where why
thts all I  can help u
I thought you say you know any regarding visa application..nvm, its more like it anyway.
SUSSeLrAhC
post Nov 4 2006, 11:01 PM

★★★7Star★General★★★
5,227 posts

yeap... basically is that... d guy asked me a few extra... coz mine is special J-1 visa

pls remember 2 bring all ur forms n documents b4 hand

1) are u gonna over stay?
2) how are ur grades in uni
3) do u have any relatives in d states

if u get d officer on d left... with d mic... gluck 2 u tongue.gif
nugget
post Nov 5 2006, 11:41 PM

Regular
1,001 posts

QUOTE(spacepilot @ Nov 3 2006, 02:54 PM)
I thought you say you know any regarding visa application..nvm, its more like it anyway.
I did say visa n passport requirement.(means 4 those who will travel to any foreign country) not all visa application....
if I work as travel agent runner then I know all lar....cheers....
SpectacularButter
post Nov 9 2006, 12:22 AM

Getting Started
229 posts

Hi, this might sound silly but my passport expired many years ago and i want to make a new passport. Where do i go to do it? staying in pj..heard can do in subang airport?

What must i prepare and how much?
juichuan
post Nov 9 2006, 08:36 AM

LA-Little Angel
Group Icon
VIP
1,634 posts

thread merge with passport thread in pinned section
kevlim7
post Nov 11 2006, 05:09 PM

ได้ยินไหม
781 posts

i'm quite confusing here,
do we need valid passport if wana travel to Sarawak or Sabah?

nugget
post Nov 12 2006, 04:35 PM

Regular
1,001 posts

ya u need even u are a malaysian....reason I dunno y...

kevlim7
post Nov 13 2006, 01:51 AM

ได้ยินไหม
781 posts

QUOTE(nugget @ Nov 12 2006, 04:35 PM)
ya u need even u are a malaysian....reason I dunno y...
oh? blink.gif how come my friend ( KL people )
just bring along IC only without any passport
when he traveled to Sarawak recently.. sweat.gif
spacepilot
post Nov 13 2006, 06:23 AM

Enthusiast
886 posts

QUOTE(kevlim7 @ Nov 13 2006, 01:51 AM)
oh? blink.gif  how come my friend ( KL people )
just bring along IC only without any passport
when he traveled to Sarawak recently.. sweat.gif
Well...if I could remember last time my friend a Sarawakian no need passport to go to Sarawak. biggrin.gif
yobabe
post Nov 13 2006, 05:32 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(spacepilot @ Nov 13 2006, 06:23 AM)
Well...if I could remember last time my friend a Sarawakian no need passport to go to Sarawak. biggrin.gif
We can use either passport or IC when travelling to Sabah / Sarawak... if we using IC, then need to fill up a form before entering the imigresen check point over there.
joanalooidog
post Nov 14 2006, 10:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,823 posts

anyone can provide map to go to subang airport terminal 2?? from federal.....or from hospital UM, thanks....
juichuan
post Nov 14 2006, 01:51 PM

LA-Little Angel
Group Icon
VIP
1,634 posts

QUOTE(joanalooidog @ Nov 14 2006, 10:47 AM)
anyone can provide map to go to subang airport terminal 2?? from federal.....or from hospital UM, thanks....
it's quite easy from federal, From UM, make a turn towards the direction of shah alam, go straight for another 10 km, passing by hilton/armada, sunway bridge (double decker bridge) and the next junction on your left will be the one to subang airport (look at the sign board with subang + plane). go up the flyover, crossing the federal highway beneath u and into subang airport road., from there just go straight for another 10 km or so... u will reach there. smile.gif
alvinlim84
post Nov 16 2006, 04:27 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

QUOTE(owenwong84 @ Oct 31 2006, 08:31 AM)
Alright, here is for Sabahan make passport at KL.
The officer told me that the fastest is 1 month- 3 month can complete.
They also look my birth cert. Photocopy 1. The others remain same.
My cousin also said like that. They said they need to take documents from Sabah back to KL. But I will give it a try. Sigh.. I am planning to go HK next month but I guess impossible to make it on time.

This post has been edited by alvinlim84: Nov 16 2006, 04:31 PM
fraulein
post Nov 18 2006, 07:06 PM

On my way
510 posts

The last and only passport I have is the restricted passport to Singapore. Do I need to bring along that when I apply for Malaysian Passport? If yes, means I have to go all the way back to hometown to get it sad.gif
juichuan
post Nov 25 2006, 10:55 PM

LA-Little Angel
Group Icon
VIP
1,634 posts

QUOTE(fraulein @ Nov 18 2006, 07:06 PM)
The last and only passport I have is the restricted passport to Singapore. Do I need to bring along that when I apply for Malaysian Passport? If yes, means I have to go all the way back to hometown to get it sad.gif
i think so~ ask someone from ur hometown to send it via pos?
minde
post Nov 26 2006, 09:01 PM

dreamt a king, woke up still king
2,911 posts

hi , i tried to search this whole page . But recently , i applied my Australian Travel Visa thru MSL Travel SDN BHD. And i have received my flight tickets . However for the Visa, all i get was a Slip Paper with information of The Aus. Visa . Now this is my first time applying for Aus.Visa but from my past 1 time experience ,wouldnt they will stick the visa on the passport ? So if this is normal , how do pass the check point? Anyone with experience care to enlighten me please....will be leaving this thursday and hope everything is according to plan .
QuackSilver
post Nov 27 2006, 12:43 AM

O-ha!
Group Icon
VIP
3,258 posts

QUOTE(minde @ Nov 26 2006, 09:01 PM)
hi , i tried to search this whole page . But recently , i applied my Australian Travel Visa thru MSL Travel SDN BHD. And i have received my flight tickets . However for the Visa, all i get was a Slip Paper with information of The Aus. Visa . Now this is my first time applying for Aus.Visa but from my past 1 time experience ,wouldnt they will stick the visa on the passport  ? So if this is normal , how do pass the check point? Anyone with experience care to enlighten me please....will be leaving this thursday and hope everything is according to plan .
i believe i answered you here smile.gif

morgan
post Nov 28 2006, 09:56 PM

Perfumeries
520 posts

QUOTE(spacepilot @ Nov 13 2006, 06:23 AM)
True, no need password, just show your IC that will do, but Sabah, KK does require passport sometimes, so bring the passport along always when you away from penisular tongue.gif save more trouble!
morgan
post Nov 29 2006, 12:05 AM

Perfumeries
520 posts

QUOTE(morgan @ Nov 28 2006, 09:56 PM)
True, no need password, just show your IC that will do, but Sabah, KK does require passport sometimes, so bring the passport along always when you away from penisular tongue.gif save more trouble!
btw, i am going to kuching next mth, anyone will be over there for vacation during christmas day? smile.gif
nugget
post Dec 3 2006, 10:40 AM

Regular
1,001 posts

QUOTE(minde @ Nov 26 2006, 09:01 PM)
hi , i tried to search this whole page . But recently , i applied my Australian Travel Visa thru MSL Travel SDN BHD. And i have received my flight tickets . However for the Visa, all i get was a Slip Paper with information of The Aus. Visa . Now this is my first time applying for Aus.Visa but from my past 1 time experience ,wouldnt they will stick the visa on the passport  ? So if this is normal , how do pass the check point? Anyone with experience care to enlighten me please....will be leaving this thursday and hope everything is according to plan .
this is a cost savings travel security for Oz. as selected country only are allowed on E-visa which means by u pre apply d visa n the E-visa is not a visible visa...not like those US or schengen visa sticker.As your name had already appear in the system of the authority of OZ...they just swipe your passport(machine readable zone)at the machine...all is there.get it ?

good bout E-visa...cost savings n
prevent counter feit visa

bad bout e-visa...authority of the departing port to OZ will have a hard time...as anybody from the selected country can say...hey I hav a e-visa....u will have to counter check it in the system...if for 1 pax its ok....lets say 100 pax in the flight ?

si beh charm....
Waachaaa
post Dec 4 2006, 12:44 PM

Casual
475 posts

Do we need to come if collect passport?
Need to arrive by 7 to get number also?
morgan
post Dec 4 2006, 03:00 PM

Perfumeries
520 posts

QUOTE(Waachaaa @ Dec 4 2006, 12:44 PM)
Do we need to come if collect passport?
Need to arrive by 7 to get number also?
You mean to collect passport at imigration? Of course you have to, no to collect passpord you dont have to go there earlier, just come in and get the number, you will soon be informed to collect, no longer than 30 mins, this is the simple procedure. Cheers smile.gif
edison92133
post Dec 4 2006, 03:12 PM

Myvi SE - It's a passion
3,097 posts

i plan to go Pusat Bandar Damansara there do a new passport tomorrow, anyone know what time should i go there and Q up ?

icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif
nugget
post Dec 12 2006, 06:57 PM

Regular
1,001 posts

QUOTE(fraulein @ Nov 18 2006, 07:06 PM)
thts really really two difrent thing..between restricted ppt n intl ptt
no need what to bring the ppt along lar...

when I got snacth theft last year..my restrcited ppt was gone..I apply the intl ppt with no diificulties
hackwire
post Dec 13 2006, 12:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,256 posts

do we need to apply visa in japanese embassy for travelling .. how much is the fees if necessary? thkls
heterosapiens
post Dec 23 2006, 01:08 PM

--capoeira--
1,379 posts

Hi all, I did my passport in Subang. Here is a review of it.

I've arrived at 8.45am and queue up until 11.30 only to get the numbers, luckily manage to get the 330th number for Passport Application/Renewal counter. Thus, I'll get my turn on that afternoon itself. Get to submit my form around 3.15pm and to pay for the passport at 3.45pm. Here some of the pics.

There are 13 counters.

Counter 1 = To get the queue number for passport application/renewal
Counter 2,3,4,5,6,7, and 9 = Submission of passport application/renewal
Counter 8 & 11 = To pay for the application
Counter 10,12, and 13 = Passport collection (Queue number can be taken at counter 13)

*Please correct me if I'm wrong, cause I was not to sure about the order of the counters.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Note : This picture may only apply for festive and holiday season.

This post has been edited by heterosapiens: Dec 23 2006, 01:10 PM
nugget
post Dec 25 2006, 04:53 PM

Regular
1,001 posts

QUOTE(hackwire @ Dec 13 2006, 12:27 PM)
do we need to apply visa in japanese embassy for travelling .. how much is the fees if necessary? thkls
malaysian need visa to enter japan.fees I m not sure.ussually is settle for u if yuo travel by tour group

hamster9
post Dec 25 2006, 06:40 PM

CFP
2,249 posts

QUOTE(heterosapiens @ Dec 23 2006, 01:08 PM)
Hi all, I did my passport in Subang. Here is a review of it.

I've arrived at 8.45am and queue up until 11.30 only to get the numbers, luckily manage to get the 330th number for Passport Application/Renewal counter. Thus, I'll get my turn on that afternoon itself. Get to submit my form around 3.15pm and to pay for the passport at 3.45pm. Here some of the pics.

There are 13 counters.

Counter 1 = To get the queue number for passport application/renewal
Counter 2,3,4,5,6,7, and 9 = Submission of passport application/renewal
Counter 8 & 11 = To pay for the application
Counter 10,12, and 13 = Passport collection (Queue number can be taken at counter 13)

*Please correct me if I'm wrong, cause I was not to sure about the order of the counters.

Note : This picture may only apply for festive and holiday season.
You have to be there at 7am. To be one of the few. I've been there a few times at 8am (only took half day off) also cannot make it until one fine day I was there at 7am.

Oh, if u plan to collect it also pls be early too. U have to bring the slip and pass it to Counter 13. Have to wait till ur number called. I was there around 8am also already 75 people number in front of me sweat.gif
nugget
post Dec 28 2006, 10:53 PM

Regular
1,001 posts

u kow why our country's goverment worker are slow ?

their mentality...sucks..I should say...

1 day...I produce 10 passport or 1 day I produce 100 passport
end of month my salary is the same...

hamster9...I also kena b4 @jb...sigh
hamster9
post Dec 29 2006, 12:33 PM

CFP
2,249 posts

i just came back from chinese embassy to make my visa. Here's some tips

1. The Embassy only opens from 9.45am -11.45am only. (i've been there like 3pm once and it was closed, only to found out they have such leisure at closing early)

2. But if it's closed you can still take the forms

3. Fill up the forms, you need 1 passport size photo and your passport

4. single entry RM30, double entry RM50 (pay only when u collect)

5. You need to hand in the passport.

It takes 4 working days to process it. I'll be going back there on thurs. laugh.gif

yitjuan
post Dec 29 2006, 04:22 PM

arc reactor
688 posts

extended my passport yesterday. arrived at 9:30 am at Pusat Bandar Damansara. took 2 minutes with the KiPPas system. Collection today was a b**** though , took roughly 45 minutes waiting in line.

Lesson learnt : don't go too early to to passport. sucks to be caught up in a loooong queue when there's nobody at 9:30am

of course , might be just the festive season and there's no one around nowadays.
minde
post Jan 1 2007, 10:15 PM

dreamt a king, woke up still king
2,911 posts

Ok. here i need serious help .

I was actually filling up an appointment for my dad's VISA . So i wrote his pasport and email and his contact number. But then i did a shyt mistake . I duno what happen but i put my name instead of HIS . and when i hit enter only did i saw the confirmation was under my name.

Even worst was ,

I quickly hit the back button to see whether can change it or not.So i came across the cancel appointment , they say they neeed a confirmation code .ok . But when i hit forward again, THE CONFIRMATION LETTER INCLUDING THE ID cannot be found anymore cry.gif cry.gif .

But since i know what day and time. Including the passport and everything. Can i ask my dad to call the embassy b4 the date and time and try to cancel the appointment there and try to register another time?

If yes, can gimme a contact number or some extention bcos i think it would be nearly impossible that they pass u to the interview ppl . Help !! >.< Thanks.1

god23
post Jan 8 2007, 02:28 PM

48 posts

i got 1 question. My passport will expire in Aug 2008. I am planning to apply for Australian PR and the requirement is that my passport has to be valid for at least 2 years. So, am I allowed to renew now and will I lose my balance 1.5 years on my old passport? Anyone can help me on this?
adriankhoo153
post Jan 10 2007, 11:01 AM

So many star for what?
4,650 posts

It seems that it's quite troublesome for applying Visa for Japan. What do they meant for Cover letter from applicants? and the need company letter..
pppooo
post Jan 10 2007, 07:12 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

QUOTE(adriankhoo153 @ Jan 10 2007, 11:01 AM)
It seems that it's quite troublesome for applying Visa for Japan. What do they meant for Cover letter from applicants? and the need company letter..
cos many Msian jump aeroplane at Japan la.
I din give company letter as was not working that time. I oni presented letter explaning my trip purpose, hotel info, contacts at Japan if any etc..., flight details and if possible, copy of return air ticket.

http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/05.html

Good Luck.
pangping1510
post Jan 10 2007, 09:26 PM

Regular
1,007 posts

sorry...in a rush...pls guide me to do student visa to australia =) i have passport dy =)
CalvinL
post Jan 15 2007, 05:31 PM

5 posts

Going to macau and hong kong for 7d6n, to enter macau or hong kong, passport must have minimum of 6 months validity?
jasontmh
post Jan 16 2007, 06:44 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

CalvinL: That's correct. 6 month validity.
Duh
post Jan 16 2007, 11:29 PM

Getting Started
290 posts

I need to ask about the medical examination and chest x-ray for applying for Australian student visa. I have lodged an application about a week ago, but to date, no case officer has contacted me via email.

But I once read on their website that the medical examination and x-ray can only be done after a case officer officially ask me to do so. Can I go for a medical examination and chest x-ray now? Because I'm afraid time is running out as I need to leave on 14/2/07. Got my electronic Confirmation of Enrolment late no thanks to stupid University. Group of Eight quality, huh?

I have read up whatever relevant to my application but it seems that there's no way I can contact the Australian Immigration department via email on this matter. They keep giving stupid Australian High Commission in KL, which doesn't even give a damn.

So any advice from sifus out there? Thanks.
nugget
post Jan 17 2007, 02:07 AM

Regular
1,001 posts

u need to leave on 14th but you haven't obtain an visa ?

last minutes case right ?

u wanna gamble on the med test then go ahead...and make sure is there any specific clinics.

but for me I would not do so...as it only wasting time...

*u can't enter Oz without a visa...touch wood if they do not grant your visa..then waste time lar..just my opinion.

Duh
post Jan 17 2007, 11:45 AM

Getting Started
290 posts

I know it's last minute, but it wasn't my fault, stupid M Uni.....got my eCoE after I sent my email 5 times.......worse than a local uni.....M Material or Group of Eight quality? There u have it. Some more stupid Australian Immi Dept is also so inefficient......no reply no nothing.....developed nation huh???

Chen Bee Hansern
post Jan 17 2007, 12:15 PM

Getting Started
79 posts

Are you applied by yourself or through education agency like IDP education Australia? Although you applied by yourself, you may contact idp any branches nearby and ask them for advice. They might be able to help you to answer your question.

This post has been edited by Chen Bee Hansern: Jan 17 2007, 12:16 PM
Duh
post Jan 17 2007, 01:55 PM

Getting Started
290 posts

I applied for it myself over the internet as the Australian High Commission in KL no longer handles student visa. Another example of stupid Australian administration....I went to their embassy and read forms saying Malaysian students are eligible for online application....not compulsory....then I went up to the woman counter only to be told they no longer do it!!!!!!! doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif
Australian, first world? Kiss my ass
But heck, if I could go to other country to complete my degree, I would be pleased. So right now, I'm stuck with Oz crapshit.

@Chen Bee Hansern,
I'll give it a try. I have already arranged medical check up without waiting for the stupid Oz case officer...... rclxub.gif rclxub.gif

Any other ideas ppl?
Chen Bee Hansern
post Jan 17 2007, 02:38 PM

Getting Started
79 posts

QUOTE(Duh @ Jan 17 2007, 12:55 PM)
I applied for it myself over the internet as the Australian High Commission in KL no longer handles student visa. Another example of stupid Australian administration....I went to their embassy and read forms saying Malaysian students are eligible for online application....not compulsory....then I went up to the woman counter only to be told they no longer do it!!!!!!! doh.gif  doh.gif  doh.gif  doh.gif
Australian, first world? Kiss my ass
But heck, if I could go to other country to complete my degree, I would be pleased. So right now, I'm stuck with Oz crapshit.

@Chen Bee Hansern,
I'll give it a try. I have already arranged medical check up without waiting for the stupid Oz case officer...... rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif

Any other ideas ppl?
Alrite, Just try to call them for help. Saying that it is urgency matter. Just google for IDP and search for contact in malaysia.
|1tt|3D3V1|z
post Jan 18 2007, 02:37 AM

Casual
343 posts

hi guys...need some help here... i have applied the student visa on9 and it has been approved...but the weird thing is i dun receive any email abt it and when i clicked on the link "applicant approved", it came up with the usual info such as the visa validity and terms and condition. But it doesnt include a visa number on it. Anyone here wit a similar experience sad.gif
pangping1510
post Jan 19 2007, 04:48 PM

Regular
1,007 posts

QUOTE(Duh @ Jan 16 2007, 11:29 PM)
I need to ask about the medical examination and chest x-ray for applying for Australian student visa. I have lodged an application about a week ago, but to date, no case officer has contacted me via email.

But I once read on their website that the medical examination and x-ray can only be done after a case officer officially ask me to do so. Can I go for a medical examination and chest x-ray now? Because I'm afraid time is running out as I need to leave on 14/2/07. Got my electronic Confirmation of Enrolment late no thanks to stupid University. Group of Eight quality, huh?

I have read up whatever relevant to my application but it seems that there's no way I can contact the Australian Immigration department via email on this matter. They keep giving stupid Australian High Commission in KL, which doesn't even give a damn.

So any advice from sifus out there? Thanks.
after applying online, just download the 2 forms and go to do those medical check ups...within 10 days u can get the visa done dy...why make it so complicated? rclxub.gif
Duh
post Jan 21 2007, 12:46 AM

Getting Started
290 posts

@pangping1510,

I thought it was simple too, but their website is confusing since they didn't clarify whether the official request to do medical examination is by email or through the application status page.

Anyway, already done my medical examination and thanks for your reply.
clausman
post Jan 22 2007, 10:09 AM

Enthusiast
708 posts

I heard that passport photo cannot see teeth. Else need to retake again (means more money goin out). Is this true???

ncs_malaysia
post Jan 31 2007, 10:01 AM

All we need to do is slowing our pace a bit, lowering down our e
581 posts

Got my New passport yesterday.

- Arrive at Damansara, 7.15am
- Go photostat IC and take photo
- Get the application form and pay RM1.00
- Get the queue number: No.47 and wait for half an hour before my turn.
- Wait another half an hour to make payment: RM300
- Collect my passport at 11.30

Now, i can fly!!
juichuan
post Jan 31 2007, 10:54 AM

LA-Little Angel
Group Icon
VIP
1,634 posts

QUOTE(ncs_malaysia @ Jan 31 2007, 10:01 AM)

Now, i can fly!!
collect passport within one day?? ohmy.gif
titanmelvin
post Jan 31 2007, 04:05 PM

Getting Started
113 posts

Applied for working holiday maker visa for UK ,, went for interview yesterday ,, not approved ...
jAs0N-.-"
post Feb 3 2007, 12:23 AM

25 posts

QUOTE(titanmelvin @ Jan 31 2007, 04:05 PM)
Applied for working holiday maker visa for UK ,, went for interview yesterday ,, not approved ...
Working holiday maker already being restored back at MAlaysia? i thought that being suspended 2 years ago.

Added on February 3, 2007, 12:25 amWana ask, my passport going to expired on sept 2007. But i am going for my vacation on May 2007, shud i renew my passport be4 depart?

Cause as i knoe, we are not able to depart from malaysia within 6 months of expired..anyone can clairfy this?

This post has been edited by jAs0N-.-": Feb 3 2007, 12:25 AM
Felice821
post Feb 5 2007, 07:55 AM

Enthusiast
960 posts

I m going for vacation to Cambodia this coming May 2007, but my passport expire on Sept 2007. Is that require i renew my passport before going cause i do heard that 6 months before expired of the passport we are not allowed to travelled outside Malaysia.

Anyone can clairfy this?
No1n$anE
post Feb 5 2007, 07:58 AM

Casual
365 posts

QUOTE(Felice821 @ Feb 5 2007, 07:55 AM)
I m going for vacation to Cambodia this coming May 2007, but my passport expire on Sept 2007. Is that require i renew my passport before going cause i do heard that 6 months before expired of the passport we are not allowed to travelled outside Malaysia.

Anyone can clairfy this?
yes..get it renewed! wink.gif
comawhite
post Feb 5 2007, 07:58 AM

Getting Started
162 posts

you are right. minimum 6 months.

Hurry renew it.

It only takes 1 day to renew biggrin.gif very fast
cloud9_lee
post Feb 5 2007, 09:12 AM

Casual
367 posts

Go to Subang Old Airport branch for renewal. Veri fast.

Pusat Damansara HQ is veri veri slow when u collect the passport. I waited 3 hours just to collect the passport.
zencymru
post Feb 5 2007, 09:30 AM

48 posts

Adviseable to have 6 mths before expiry of the passport.

But just to share my experienced.

On my first business trip to UK.

I had 3 mths before my passport expired and only notice it by check in time at klia.

The officer let me check in but inform me about the problem that i might not allowed to enter UK. Since too late to cancelled everything i accept what the officer inform me and pray for my luck.

Luckily, upon arrival at heathrow the only question the immigration officer asked me is the purpose of visit, i said business and she welcome me to UK. sweat.gif

clemong_888
post Feb 5 2007, 11:38 AM

どんど晴れ
2,502 posts

yea, renew it. summore i think they'll add on the 6 months on your renewal unlike previously where u start with only 5 years.
juichuan
post Feb 9 2007, 12:28 AM

LA-Little Angel
Group Icon
VIP
1,634 posts

thread merged with passport thread in pinned section
highflier
post Feb 10 2007, 12:14 AM

Getting Started
59 posts

QUOTE(ncs_malaysia @ Jan 31 2007, 10:01 AM)

Now, i can fly!!
Went to renew passport today.
Arrived at Damansara, 9am
Got the envelop at Kippas and put in a photo
Went for the machine (total got 4 machines there), scanned my passport and mykad, deposited RM300 into machine and dropped the envelop into special box.
On 11:15am got my new passport already. rclxms.gif
SUSmxxuang
post Feb 21 2007, 12:04 PM

Retired Ah Long
2,041 posts

Guys,

My passport just expired last year, can I renew my passport within 1 day or re-apply again?

For renewal, what must I bring?

thx
annielee
post Feb 23 2007, 09:39 AM

Getting Started
294 posts

QUOTE(mxxuang @ Feb 21 2007, 12:04 PM)
Guys,

My passport just expired last year, can I renew my passport within 1 day or re-apply again?

For renewal, what must I bring?

thx
yes, you can do it within one day..

you've 2 option :
1) Manual
- get number and wait for number to be called (they will process your application)
- wait for your number again for the payment (it's random)
- wait for another 2 hours to get a new number for passport collection
- wait for your number, and finally you can begin to fly with your new passport.

2) Kippas (Passport must be chip-enabled)
- goto the machine (Ground Floor and 1st Floor)
- follow the instructions on the machine
- it will dispensed a receipt for your passport collection time
- go to the collection counter to get a number
- wait for your passport..then you are done..

just make sure, you bring all the necessary.
- Current Passport
- Mykad
- Photostate copy of Mykad
- Money

This post has been edited by annielee: Feb 25 2007, 12:44 PM
vergas
post Mar 1 2007, 05:09 PM

Regular
1,483 posts

Arrived at 7.03am today at Damansara to make a new passport (my old one expired years ago), I was number 22 there.
Collected Passport at 10.40 am on the same day.

New record?

rclxms.gif Immegration has improved a lot since the last time.!! thumbup.gif

Tips:
1. Download form from the internet, print in 1 page (double sided). Don't worry if most other people's form is green in colour and have barcode. The counter people will stick a barcode sticker in yours.
2. Don't have breakfast yet, since you can have 2 hours breakfast after you have paid RM300. Can bring lappy as well since Starbuck is nearby.
3. Bring your Birth Cert, incase your IC got problem (but may not be necessary).

This post has been edited by vergas: Mar 1 2007, 05:31 PM
tong1774
post Mar 6 2007, 12:18 PM

Regular
1,065 posts

Going to China this 16 for the first time. Need to apply for a Visa, but is it enough time even though they said 4 to 5 days? Scared that the emphassy will give me hard time since i do not have the flight comfirmation with me, because i am joining the travelling agency in Singapore and documents are not ready yet. And can i summit the visa application form in behalf of my wife since its hard for her to apply for halfday leave to go all the way there?

Another question, i am taking LRT to Jalan Ampang and which station is the nearest to the Chinese emphassy? The Ampang Part Station or the next one? Thank you...
hamster9
post Mar 8 2007, 10:48 PM

CFP
2,249 posts

QUOTE(tong1774 @ Mar 6 2007, 12:18 PM)
Going to China this 16 for the first time. Need to apply for a Visa, but is it enough time even though they said 4 to 5 days? Scared that the emphassy will give me hard time since i do not have the flight comfirmation with me, because i am joining the travelling agency in Singapore and documents are not ready yet. And can i summit the visa application form in behalf of my wife since its hard for her to apply for halfday leave to go all the way there?

Another question, i am taking LRT to Jalan Ampang and which station is the nearest to the Chinese emphassy? The Ampang Part Station or the next one? Thank you...
reminder : u have to be there by 10.45am..else they close. sweat.gif

It takes 3 working days. Erm.. I think just passport will do. I dun think need flight confirmation coz I went there without airtickets. Just passport and photo.
Dr. Miranda Bailey
post Apr 3 2007, 03:25 AM

Poliglot Niqabist AB(-) = a rare breed
619 posts

If anyone wants to know about travel requirements (whether u need passport, visa, letter etc), check this website:

http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations...ation/index.jsp
Futura
post Apr 6 2007, 04:57 PM

Regular
1,895 posts

Just curious, renew passport no need to bring passport photo along? After I read through the posts I heard many different stories.. rclxub.gif
god23
post Apr 6 2007, 05:11 PM

48 posts

for those using the new passport machine, do we still need to fill up the same form or is it using a different form? And can we use the form downloaded from internet?
casablanca2
post Apr 12 2007, 07:00 PM

Casual
354 posts

i am from sarawak, currently i am staying at KL. i dont own a passport before and i thinking to go apply one. but i heard my fren said if we, sarawakian do it here, peninsular malaysia, it will take months!! better to fly back and make it at sarawak. Is this true? unsure:
rourou
post Apr 12 2007, 07:06 PM

Ho~ Ho~ Ho~
972 posts

QUOTE(Futura @ Apr 6 2007, 04:57 PM)
Just curious, renew passport no need to bring passport photo along? After I read through the posts I heard many different stories..  rclxub.gif
yes you need... but no worries you can take your photo directly at the immigration smile.gif

if it's just for renewal, the wangsa maju branch is highly recommended... my colleague went there last week and it took her less than 1 hour to finish the whole procedure smile.gif
saimatkong
post Apr 17 2007, 06:06 PM

1,934 posts

Hi all,

i need to know if we go to Canada for work less than 1week, do we need Visa ? if yes what's the details ?

thanks.
sukkimi
post May 16 2007, 10:14 PM

14 posts

I am using those passport u put in machine.
Can i renew in 1 day ?
What doc should i bring ?
Pls help

Thanks
adriankhoo153
post Jun 15 2007, 05:48 PM

So many star for what?
4,650 posts

Eh i need visa for HK?
bravobronzo
post Jun 15 2007, 11:19 PM

MALAYSIAN
547 posts

i dont think HK required visa..please check hongkong or china embassy website at malaysia..u may see the requirements how to enter the country
ying_ying0510
post Jun 18 2007, 10:16 PM

2 posts

hi,
im working at travel agents..
travel to HK donit any visa unless u going to Shenzhen.. Consider China area... and to Canada, Yes.... u need to apply for visa~
hasyim803
post Jun 18 2007, 10:22 PM

38 posts

hi there.. i wanna ask.. is there a discount for a student to do a passport? my fren said 50% off.. true or not?? plz tell me
deadman8836
post Jun 19 2007, 01:30 AM

Casual
460 posts

QUOTE(hasyim803 @ Jun 18 2007, 10:22 PM)
hi there.. i wanna ask.. is there a discount for a student to do a passport? my fren said 50% off.. true or not?? plz tell me
really? i just renewed my passport 3weeks ago, stating that i'm renewing my passport for studies, but i received no discount.. well, i might be wrong though.. haha...
No0KieF
post Jun 20 2007, 12:36 AM

Getting Started
235 posts

if im not mistaken. the 50% price cut is only applicable
when you are sponsored under any scholarships.
u need to bring letter from your sponsorship as proof!
linkokkeen
post Jun 26 2007, 08:12 PM

Getting Started
278 posts

want to ask here, if i have a baby only is 9 month old so is it baby need to apply the passport for going to singapore or oversea ah ? thanks
alextee1881
post Jun 27 2007, 10:36 AM

Tell Me Why
707 posts

wanna ask if anybody apply visa to Japan before? Basically I need to know how tedious the procedure are & what are the requirements to apply for travel purpose.
DreamChaser
post Jul 2 2007, 09:30 AM

Dreamer
2,160 posts

Going to Vietnam for 3 days 2 night. Do I need to apply for visa? Or passport is more than enough? unsure.gif
keii-kun
post Jul 3 2007, 11:45 PM

Regular
1,120 posts

QUOTE(alextee1881 @ Jun 27 2007, 10:36 AM)
wanna ask if anybody apply visa to Japan before? Basically I need to know how tedious the procedure are & what are the requirements to apply for travel purpose.
very easy....

basically there is three method of entering Japan (i've used two of them)

1. Visiting relatives/friends
u need letter from your friend, Alien registration card (IC Japan), Passport, Address of your friend. Through this method, u can get 3 month visa, without any confirmed hotel itinerary, but confirmed flight ticket is a must
2. Holiday
- confirmed hotel stay
- confirmed flight
- account statement to ensure you don't go begging for money in Japan
3. Business trips
- business trips lah.

further info, go the Japan Embassy at Stonor street (near Jalan Tun Razak) or go to their website, use Google smile.gif

visa application will take 2-3 days, and would have no problem for u to pick it up after that period if no one from embassy call u.
Tsubasa66
post Jul 15 2007, 10:02 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

Thinking 2 visit Jpn end of this year 2 visit my GF there but i heard that 2 get a visa or 2 travel in jpn is hard cuz they ll not allow u go enter to their country anyhow did anyone have exprience plz share with me
aLaStIaR
post Jul 27 2007, 02:37 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

Am wondering if i want to renew my passport @ Damansara, do u think i can get it on that day itself? cos i dowan to take 2days leave just for passport..
4agze
post Jul 27 2007, 10:44 PM

SwaggeR
783 posts

Renew passport only took 2 hours, so you can do it in 1 day.
Garfie
post Jul 28 2007, 08:33 AM

= Teh Retired Buaya Master =
3,950 posts

QUOTE(hasyim803 @ Jun 18 2007, 10:22 PM)
there is a discount for students, but you must prove that you are going overseas for furthering studies, therefore you'll need a letter from your universities stating that you are a student there, taking what degree etc etc. Personally, i didn't really bother to care about the discount as getting the letters from the college would take weeks, and by the time i waited for it, might as well just pay and get it done.

QUOTE(aLaStIaR @ Jul 27 2007, 02:37 PM)
Am wondering if i want to renew my passport @ Damansara, do u think i can get it on that day itself? cos i dowan to take 2days leave just for passport..
QUOTE(4agze @ Jul 27 2007, 10:44 PM)
Renew passport only took 2 hours, so you can do it in 1 day.
Renew passport in a day only available at selected branches, not applicable to all branches. About Pusat Bandar Damansara, i have quite lost faith in them as their systems are usually down on Mondays, and the day i went there to do my passport, the whole immigration system was down, and as usual they were promising expediate repairs and that passport processing will resume soon. what a blatant lie, because later they had to shoot themselves in the leg when they announced that the whole system there was down.

Another alternative would be the Subang immigration office. If you'd get there early before 8 (e.g.730) u'd be in about a line of 10 ppl there, and if you want faster, prepare all the documents beforehand (e.g. passport photo, forms etc). most of the people who go there early, somehow is lacking either in picture or incomplete form, and so, your queue is being reduced from less than 10 ppl.
keii-kun
post Jul 31 2007, 07:09 PM

Regular
1,120 posts

QUOTE(Tsubasa66 @ Jul 15 2007, 10:02 AM)
Thinking 2 visit Jpn end of this year 2 visit my GF there but i heard that 2 get a visa or 2 travel in jpn is hard cuz they ll not allow u go enter to their country anyhow did anyone have exprience plz share with me
very easy....refer to my previous post.

if u're going for an indefinite period (less than 3 months) use the method 1 - visiting friends.

if u have confirmed flight and hotel itinerary, then use method 2 - holiday

further info refer to http://www.my.emb-japan.go.jp/nhomepg.htm

or PM me smile.gif

P/S : I'm going to Japan again~!!! yatta~ yatta~~ rclxm9.gif
- L e O -
post Aug 4 2007, 07:30 PM

No Music No Life
1,994 posts

eh my passport expires liao..i'm going thailand end of this month...how much i need to prepare to renew my passport? do i need to bring anything along with me?

thanks!
dopodplaya
post Aug 4 2007, 08:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,280 posts

RM300 and just bring your passport and Mykad, four passport size photos (latest). and ask for passport renewal form. that's about it.

Ah, you can bring the whole kampung with you if you want.

This post has been edited by dopodplaya: Aug 4 2007, 08:33 PM
aLaStIaR
post Aug 6 2007, 04:03 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

4 passport size photo? i thought 2 enough?

photocopy i/c, 2 photos, form and expired passport

do u guys have the address for Subang Imigresen?
diablo2
post Aug 12 2007, 07:26 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(aLaStIaR @ Aug 6 2007, 04:03 PM)
4 passport size photo? i thought 2 enough?

photocopy i/c, 2 photos, form and expired passport

do u guys have the address for Subang Imigresen?
If you go to Immigration at Damansara Town Centre and use the KIPPAS machines located on the Ground Floor,
all u need is the following:

1. One passport size photo;
2. Old passport (machine readable)
3. Mykad
4. RM300

Machine is very user friendly and steps are shown clearly. And also there's someone around to provide guidance if needed.

Basically, the machine will prompt u to insert the passport to be read, followed by yr Mykad, and then scan yr thumbprints. You will need to place yr passport photo in an envelope provided, and deposit it into the machine. Then the last step is to feed money into the machine...RM300 for 32 pages or RM600 for 64 pages. A receipt will be printed out with the time of the application, with instructions to go to Counter 16 upstairs after 2 hours. When u go to Counter 16, you will be given a number and a short wait to collect yr passport.

The operating hours of the machines is from 8:30am - 3:45pm Mondays to Fridays.

Did mine last Friday....application time on receipt was 8:16am, collected new passport before 10:30am!! thumbup.gif

Very impressed with the new efficiency of the Immigration Dept after all those previous experiences having to start queueing early in the morning, filling forms, photostating Mykad, forced to take photo again cos the officer think you look different from yr photos....are all things of the past with this new system.

rclxms.gif

cupz
post Aug 26 2007, 01:56 AM

Getting Started
248 posts

I'm planning to be going into Singapore as a group.
Anyone has info on the group passport?
Also, if international students want to enter Singapore, will it be difficult for them?
xyngfei
post Aug 27 2007, 01:26 PM

Casual
366 posts

can anyone help?

how about the if my passport photo's background is not blue, let said is gray,
isnt acceptable?
4agze
post Aug 28 2007, 01:11 AM

SwaggeR
783 posts

xyngfei, not acceptable, must be blue background
Kennyv
post Aug 28 2007, 08:06 PM

37 posts

hey i need to renew my passport and would like to ask is it possible for my parents to collect the passport for me when it is done?
4agze
post Aug 28 2007, 09:53 PM

SwaggeR
783 posts

kennyyv you cant cos u need to sign behind the passport at the counter upon collection
hanissyazwan
post Aug 29 2007, 04:10 AM

DARK ULTIMATE
1,179 posts

QUOTE(maxguy @ Jul 11 2006, 09:06 PM)
Pejabat Imigresen KLIA
Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa
Kuala Lumpur (KLIA) Tingkat Bawah
Bangunan Airport Management Centre (AMC)
64000 Sepang
Fax: 03-87874190

Name Telephone Email
1. Tuan Haji Fison b. Haji Yahaya
(Head of Immigration) 03-87768001 [email protected] 
2. En. Saravana Kumar a/l Marimuthu
(Deputy Head of Immigration) 03-87768003 [email protected]
thanks!
rpires1978
post Aug 31 2007, 01:56 AM

11 posts

i plan to go hat yai tomolo but my passport left 5 month , anyone can give a advice ? do u think i able to pass the custome ?
danmooncake
post Sep 1 2007, 09:36 PM

Market Up, Market Down...Wheee..
9,687 posts

My passport has 2 years left but i will be going to oversea to study for 3 years (not sure i can I renew overseas).
Can I renew now or apply for new brand one ?

slacx
post Sep 4 2007, 05:24 PM

Casual
396 posts

is it too difficult to get the visa to go to US? I'm planning to get the visa in the next few weeks.

anyone successfully with their application can give me some tips here?

nvm..got it already rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by slacx: Sep 7 2007, 10:01 PM
WhitE LighteR
post Sep 6 2007, 07:14 PM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~
All Stars
10,218 posts

Im applaying a passport for the first time. Base on my location the nearest should be in Subang Air Port rite? Can i do it there? I also have few other question. I got a passport size picture. But its just in a normal t-shirt with a blue background. Is it ok?
HMMaster
post Sep 14 2007, 12:06 AM

10K Club
Group Icon
10,308 posts

is it possible to renew passport at KLIA or Putrajaya? If it is putrajaya, anyone know the location? Imigration open till Saturday?
bit_bit
post Sep 16 2007, 01:49 AM

22 posts

Do i need to bring my old passport for renewing a passport?Or i should apply for a new passport?Is it a must to bring together my old passport?Coz i left in my hometown..And i need the passport in one week time..
raist86
post Sep 18 2007, 07:41 PM

Regular
1,569 posts

you need your old one.
inotqiqi
post Sep 29 2007, 03:17 AM

Getting Started
241 posts

Can I apply Student Visa to travel around the world - work at each stop(country) to earn money to continue to another country and repeat the same thing?
youngkies
post Oct 1 2007, 12:41 AM

Monday <--> Friday
Group Icon
VIP
9,511 posts

QUOTE(danmooncake @ Sep 1 2007, 09:36 PM)
My passport has 2 years left but i will be going to oversea to study for 3 years (not sure i can I renew overseas).
Can I renew now or apply for new brand one ?
you can renew it from malaysia embassy in other country.

but the best is renew your passport here, get another new copy of 5 years, so that you wil be given a full period length of study leave to remain / visa from the immigration officer.

else they will only give u til the expiry of ur passport, and u have to leave that country by that time, and come back, go through all over again for your 3rd year.

QUOTE(inotqiqi @ Sep 29 2007, 03:17 AM)
Can I apply Student Visa to travel around the world - work at each stop(country) to earn money to continue to another country and repeat the same thing?
i dont think there is such an visa.
dazzywazzy
post Oct 1 2007, 12:44 PM

Casual
421 posts

guys.. i dunno if this is the right place to post this question.. but its the closest i can find

i've been in australia for 2 years from 2004.. til end of 2005.. and i was stupid enough not to apply for a PR which i truly regret now.. yes.. its abit too late.. but i wanna apply for the PR now.. can anyone advise me wat to do?

should i just take a month or 2 holiday in aussie and apply onshore? or just apply it offshore? i know i can get faster results onshore compared to offshore which will take ages due to the amount of time wasting on mailing stuff here and there..

anyone who has done this b4.. please advise. thanks
NaiveLady
post Oct 2 2007, 08:40 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

I'm planning to go apply for passport tomolo.
1) My passport already expired in 2001. Do i need to bring my old passport?
2) I haven't take photo yet. If I take in the imigresen Dept tomolo. How much is it? Is it more expensive than to take outside?
3) I will go to Damansara branch. Confirmed can get on that day itself? If cannot, can I go later (about a week later) to collect when I'm on leave?