Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Passport & Visa Application, Validity, & related issues. Discuss here

views

post Dec 23 2008, 11:13 AM

Getting Started
137 posts

Hi Guys,

icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif

My passport spoilt. As mistaken put inside the washing machine.
I went to Subang Airport to request for re-apply a new copy. .(I m from East Malaysia.)However, first time forgot to bring birth cert. I went again yesterday with my original copy of birth cert and relevant docs like nric,photos and etc .But... when got interviewed by the officers, she told me that what are you doing here in KL. I said working and i rents apartment sharing with friends. Then she asked me for electric bills/ water bills which is under my name? I only rent it. How can it be under my name. shakehead.gif SHe asked how bout the tenant agreement, I've told her that it's not under my name. Next, she asked for my employment letters. As I m only freelance and my company is based on SG. In MY only sales offices and not part of us. Sorry it's quite complicated those office branches.

icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif
Is that really sucks Malaysian can't make Malaysian Passport? vmad.gif
What kind of rules?? cry.gif

post Feb 6 2009, 01:30 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(dvlzplayground @ Jan 29 2009, 10:24 PM)
Guys, I have a question:

My girlfriend, from KL (now in KL), has to renew her passport as her passport will expire around May. the problem is, by that time she has to be in Miri and will only return to KL at the and of June.

If her passport expires when she's in Miri, she can't return to KL is it? She has to go to Miri soon and doesn't have time to renew her passport. Can she renew her passport in Miri?

Thank you
She can renew her passport at Miri. Renewal is anywhere inside Malaysia.Hmm.. if not mistaken currently west Malaysian only need to show NRIC instead of Passport for tour to East Malaysia. Cause my friend he didn't have passport yet he been to Miri.
post Feb 27 2009, 11:21 AM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(toto4d @ Feb 13 2009, 11:22 PM)
For west malaysian who work in Miri (or East malaysia), they need to have work permit and enter the state with passport.
Enter east malaysia with IC will only allow you to stay at maximun 30 days.

Anyway, there is no prob to make a new passport in Miri. The imigresen here is friendly and doing nothing cos not much ppl go apply passport everyday. The new passport can be obtained in the next day.
Oh.. Thanks for the extra info so next time acknowledge working permit needed for working east malaysia
Agreed their Immigresen is much more friendly and more relaxing compared KL. hehe..

QUOTE(maxcruiver @ Feb 22 2009, 06:45 PM)
I've mistakenly put my passport into a washing machine. I heard one of my friends said he had a same case like me, and when he went back to redo a new passport, the immigration officer asked him to wait for 3 months to collect his passport because of his carelessness of spoiling the passport. I want to know is there really such thing or the officer juz wan to minum kopi? I've bought May air ticket to Hong Kong and yesterday I heard ppl said like this. I thought want to redo my passport on April but after hearing that case, I think I better do it tomorrow. Anyone has any same case (spoilt passport renewal), pls share. Thank you.
I suggest to redo is asap with proper documentations like photocopy the damaged copy, nric,photo and birth cert. If you can try get some authorise letter maybe will help to boost the speed of redo.

wink.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0848sec    0.72    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:28 PM