Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Passport & Visa Application, Validity, & related issues. Discuss here

views

hamster9
post Dec 25 2006, 06:40 PM

CFP
2,251 posts

QUOTE(heterosapiens @ Dec 23 2006, 01:08 PM)
Hi all, I did my passport in Subang. Here is a review of it.

I've arrived at 8.45am and queue up until 11.30 only to get the numbers, luckily manage to get the 330th number for Passport Application/Renewal counter. Thus, I'll get my turn on that afternoon itself. Get to submit my form around 3.15pm and to pay for the passport at 3.45pm. Here some of the pics.

There are 13 counters.

Counter 1 = To get the queue number for passport application/renewal
Counter 2,3,4,5,6,7, and 9 = Submission of passport application/renewal
Counter 8 & 11 = To pay for the application
Counter 10,12, and 13 = Passport collection (Queue number can be taken at counter 13)

*Please correct me if I'm wrong, cause I was not to sure about the order of the counters.

Note : This picture may only apply for festive and holiday season.
You have to be there at 7am. To be one of the few. I've been there a few times at 8am (only took half day off) also cannot make it until one fine day I was there at 7am.

Oh, if u plan to collect it also pls be early too. U have to bring the slip and pass it to Counter 13. Have to wait till ur number called. I was there around 8am also already 75 people number in front of me sweat.gif
hamster9
post Dec 29 2006, 12:33 PM

CFP
2,251 posts

i just came back from chinese embassy to make my visa. Here's some tips

1. The Embassy only opens from 9.45am -11.45am only. (i've been there like 3pm once and it was closed, only to found out they have such leisure at closing early)

2. But if it's closed you can still take the forms

3. Fill up the forms, you need 1 passport size photo and your passport

4. single entry RM30, double entry RM50 (pay only when u collect)

5. You need to hand in the passport.

It takes 4 working days to process it. I'll be going back there on thurs. laugh.gif

hamster9
post Mar 8 2007, 10:48 PM

CFP
2,251 posts

QUOTE(tong1774 @ Mar 6 2007, 12:18 PM)
Going to China this 16 for the first time. Need to apply for a Visa, but is it enough time even though they said 4 to 5 days? Scared that the emphassy will give me hard time since i do not have the flight comfirmation with me, because i am joining the travelling agency in Singapore and documents are not ready yet. And can i summit the visa application form in behalf of my wife since its hard for her to apply for halfday leave to go all the way there?

Another question, i am taking LRT to Jalan Ampang and which station is the nearest to the Chinese emphassy? The Ampang Part Station or the next one? Thank you...
reminder : u have to be there by 10.45am..else they close. sweat.gif

It takes 3 working days. Erm.. I think just passport will do. I dun think need flight confirmation coz I went there without airtickets. Just passport and photo.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0802sec    0.22    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:28 PM