Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Passport & Visa Application, Validity, & related issues. Discuss here (Travel)

views

xue
post Jun 5 2006, 08:52 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(sugarbaby @ Jun 5 2006, 03:43 PM)
Hi all, I need to get advise here...I'm going to Hong Kong next month to visit my relative, all alone...so, pls advise me on the following  icon_question.gif :

1. I want to apply passport. The nearest place for me is Damansara, near HELP college. Where exactly is the location? My friend told me to take Putra LRT, then feeder bus and stop at Menara Millennium. Then how? I heard over there got a machine to insert all your documents and money, which means u dont have to queue up for number. Issit true?

2. My flight to HK is 7.30am, which means I need to be at airport by 5.00am. Once I reach the airport, what's the procedures? How do I check in? After check in, then go where?

Hope all the frequent travellers can help me....thanks!  rclxms.gif
I think machine autorenewal is only for renewing passport, if you are applying for the first time, then you need to go to counter. I heard the old Subang airport (?terminal 2) is the least crowded, Wilayah kompleks should still be functioning for passport application, provided you go early, not on school hoiliday, should be fast. Passport will be ready in 3 days, RM300 for 32 pages.
you can download the form here
http://www.imi.gov.my/eng/Forms/im_forms.asp
othewise first thing is got o the form counter to buy the form and get to the queque, which can be loooong..
need 2 passsport size photo (make sure is the correct size), original and photocopied IC, and pay money on the same day.

HK might have lots of passenger, which mean you better go early, check from the display which counter are you suppose to check in (MAS has a common counter, which mean any flight on MAS can be checked in there).

Then go to the international departure gate, you need to go down the escalator and reach immigration check point, malaysian passport is simple, just go to one of the autogate and insert ur passport as instructed, then u are done. After that take the aerotrain (just follow people) and you will be brought to the gate, look for ur gate, usually u have time to hang around, nowadys there is an internet booth (still around?) that u can surf for free. Fast food there is burger king, rest are all cafes, bring something to eat then u can save money.

sign boards are everywhere so you wont miss ur way

that is it, hope it help..
xue
post Jun 6 2006, 06:54 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(socratesman @ Jun 6 2006, 04:19 PM)
the photocopied IC for passport application, does it need to be certified as a true copy ?
no need

for bit of additional cost
you can get photo and IC photostated on the spot (in Kompleks Wilayah)

BTW
those people from Sabah and Sarawak need to bring birth cert along iif yopu apply in Peninsular Malaysia
and it wil probably takes like 6-8 weeks vmad.gif
xue
post Jun 7 2006, 10:11 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(AnimeAsia @ Jun 7 2006, 09:25 PM)
You mean if want to renew passport just go to the machine and renew? No need to fill in forms? What about payment?
pay to the machine
need to use MyKad

I think can only be done at Damansara
maybe putrajaya as well

need to go and collect the next working day if i am not mistaken
xue
post Jun 8 2006, 02:52 AM

22 posts

QUOTE(kambing @ Jun 8 2006, 01:29 AM)
New international passport RM300 cannot renew.Valid 5 years
There is one imigresen at Dang Wangi nearby police station.
New Passport take 1 day to get it.Normally you will get next day.
But for a weird reason old passport holder will get after next 2 day.
If you have special letter you will get on the spot.Like medical and etc.
Last time I go 10am no queue like last time(maybe my luck).Just take half hour and then finish.Just pay RM10 to get passport photo at nearby shop.And 1 photostat IC and fill up the form.Buy the form RM1 if not mistaken.
Total cost RM311+RM10 to drink and petrol at pposite mamak stall hehe..GOOD LUCK
that Dang Wangi place is in Wilayah Kompleks tongue.gif

suggest park at the opposite private carpark

btw, Yuk Kee opposite Kompleks Wilayah is famous for makan rclxms.gif
off peak season e.g. school holiday should have not too long queque.
xue
post Jun 8 2006, 02:56 AM

22 posts

QUOTE(AnimeAsia @ Jun 7 2006, 11:09 PM)
Had the old version of passport RM 150, can be used to travel to S'pore. It can't be used anymore due to change of law and have to change to the International version RM 300.

What type of application is this? New application? What documents are needed? Photocopy of IC and passport size photo only?

Which place to make passport is nearer to SS 15, Subang Jaya? Any public transport to get there? Thanks.
subang airport, terminal 2

xue
post Jun 12 2006, 07:20 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(atah @ Jun 12 2006, 04:49 PM)
really? the picture on my current passport was taken outside 5 yrs ago, & i planned to use it for the renewal. if it's ok on this passport, they should accept it, rite? sweat.gif  sweat.gif
you sure still look like 5 years ago meh?? tongue.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0676sec    0.78    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th July 2021 - 07:06 PM