Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Passport & Visa Application, Validity, & related issues. Discuss here

views

new~b0y
post Sep 21 2006, 08:56 PM

Casual
456 posts

QUOTE(leslie_julius @ Aug 7 2006, 08:28 AM)
im a sabahan, living this side of da world.i went over to have my passport made the other day but this officer said BCOZ im a sabahan i'll have to wait at least 2 months.coz the passport will hv to go all the way to sabah to be verified and back here...i personally think its a whole load of crap.but if there's anyone out there who went to the same thing, hw did u get thru it?thnx.
Dude, that's not crap... Being a Sabahan is like a Malaysian but with different nationality. The same goes to those Sarawakians. That's because of the population control policy implemented by Sabah & Sarawak state government.

If you said that's crap, let me tell you what the real crap is....

People from Peninsula going to Sabah & Sarawak need immigration control. People from there coming to Peninsula no control at all. I need a work permit when I'm working in Sabah & Sarawak. And the stupid work permit occupy one whole page in my passport. I've been asked by many immigrations officer in other countries, why do I need a work permit to work in malaysia when I'm a MALAYSIAN!!! And I have to tell them about the stupid policy.

I get 3 months social visit visa when I go to east Malaysia. I get SIX months social visit visa when I go to UK!!!
new~b0y
post Jul 29 2008, 07:10 PM

Casual
456 posts

QUOTE(kitloon @ Jul 11 2008, 07:37 PM)
my passport gonna to expired at 19 March 2009. can i still using the passport goin to macau at jan 2009??? going there for holiday about a week onli....
Definitely not. When traveling overseas, your passport has to be valid for at least 6 months on the day you travel. Or else you will be denied entry.

QUOTE(elan @ Jul 27 2008, 11:31 PM)
Hie, i got a question.

My passport has expired in the year 1998. I was 12 years old back then. Now , i wanna go holiday overseas, but some people told me i can't renew while people said can.

So, can a passport which has already expired for 10 years be renewed or have to apply new one?
Doesn't matter you are renewing or applying a new one, you are still paying the same amount. At the end, you will get a new passport (with new passport no.) and the immigration officer will ask for your old passport, and cut a corner of the cover.

This post has been edited by new~b0y: Jul 29 2008, 07:14 PM
new~b0y
post Sep 7 2008, 04:27 AM

Casual
456 posts

QUOTE(KayDknighT @ Sep 6 2008, 03:31 AM)
Hi, I have a few questions:

- I have an old passport in which the validity died on 21st sept 1996. So if I want to get a new passport, am I actually applying for new passport or just doing passport renewal. Seems a little bit unclear to me.

- Second, I figure this are the documents I need to bring:
- Original and 2x photocopies of IC (Front and back in 1 A4 paper) YES
- Original and 2x photocopies of Birth Cert
- 2 passport sized photo 3.5cm x 5.0cm YES

As for the birth certificate, it only applies to those under 12, where they don't have IC yet, and also for those who were born outside Malaysia.

now...
regarding the photo, I read in the FAQ about the issue below:
Is this actually true? Just for confirmation.

No problem for my case. I got mine at the photograph shop near my house. Worst case scenario, just take new photos at the immigration department.

- Next, it is sort of urgent for me to get the passport. Say, can my wife and I actually get my passport on the same day I apply for it? For info, my wife is to apply for a passport which she never applied before.

Can't comment on that, but there's no reason she can't get it the same day.

- Also, I looked under Forms section of the Immigration website --> http://www.imi.gov.my/eng/Forms/im_forms.asp and saw a form called "Marriage Declaration Letter". Since my wife and I are both applying, do we need to fill it up for our passport application?

Passport is like an international identity card. As long as your wife is Malaysian, the "Marriage Declaration Letter" is not necessary. I guess that is for foreigners. I've never seen my parents filling out that form whey they applied.

- Finally, I'm thinking of heading to Subang for passport application, reading from posts above, I guess I have to head out early in the morning, question is, can I get my passport done on the same day (including collection of the passport itself)?

If you're going to go to Subang, why not spend another 15 mins to go to Shah Alam? Me and my gf got ours within a day, ie submission, then wait for 3 hours.

Sorry for the many-many questions tongue.gif

No problem, happy to help.
new~b0y
post Oct 9 2008, 06:40 PM

Casual
456 posts

Anyone know if it is possible to apply for a second passport in Malaysia? Purpose is while I'm travelling with my first passport, my company can apply visa for me on my 2nd passport.
new~b0y
post Oct 23 2008, 10:37 PM

Casual
456 posts

QUOTE(clausman @ Oct 23 2008, 06:19 PM)
hi all...

i am in london travelling now..
am thinkin of goin paris for a short trip (2-3 days) thru eurostar...

when i come to london, i dont need a visa...
however, my question is do i need a visa when i go to paris from london?
You will get a visa on arrival at the passport control in Paris.
new~b0y
post Jan 26 2009, 03:57 PM

Casual
456 posts

QUOTE(ken6828 @ Jan 8 2009, 03:35 PM)
Malaysian r not required any VISA to enter Spore, jus show ur passport only!!!
Probably drrimshaker[I] got a friend who is NOT Malaysian and wants to visit Singapore.
new~b0y
post Jan 28 2009, 04:51 AM

Casual
456 posts

At the moment, short term visa to UK for Malaysians is still not required. But of course you will be asked a lot of questions and have to show some documentations at the passport control.

Anyway, if applying for visa is a requirement, I'm sure your college (I presume TARC?) will inform you.
new~b0y
post Feb 6 2009, 06:07 AM

Casual
456 posts

QUOTE(Wai @ Feb 5 2009, 02:41 PM)
hi, may i ask what is the shortest period to go for holiday visa ? can we go just for one month?
because cannot go too long , so hope can know from u guy.thank
Where do you want to go? Every country has different regulations for visas.
new~b0y
post Apr 29 2009, 04:21 AM

Casual
456 posts

QUOTE(Gametaipan @ Apr 29 2009, 01:34 AM)
Anyone know where to apply for international driving license? i want to be able to drive in other country like usa, australia when i go there. thanks
I think any JPJ branch will have this service.
new~b0y
post Jul 25 2009, 03:52 PM

Casual
456 posts

X-Zen,

1) would the immigration stop me from boarding the plane when i pass trough their checkpoint (technically my passport still valid and i paid for the 6 months already)

Not sure, I have never done it before. You might be lucky at Malaysian checkpoint, you won't be so lucky at your final destination. Worst case, you might be deported back to Malaysia and got blacklisted.

2) if i need to apply new passport, wouldn't it be unfair as i'll lost the last 6 months validity of my old passport?

No! You'll get a maximum of 6 months extra if you apply before the passport expired.

This post has been edited by new~b0y: Jul 25 2009, 03:53 PM
new~b0y
post Feb 23 2010, 07:02 AM

Casual
456 posts

QUOTE(yiivei @ Feb 21 2010, 06:49 PM)
does any1 apply the e-passport ald?

i read the news, it usable for 78 countries.. i wander which countries are included and which are not..
Doesn't really matter, if you need a visa to go that country, with the latest e-passport, you still need to apply for a visa anyway.

I think you can get the info from Wikipedia.
new~b0y
post Mar 21 2010, 09:06 AM

Casual
456 posts

QUOTE(Lester1987 @ Mar 19 2010, 02:11 PM)
Just 1 quick question, For Malaysian Passport, which country before we visit needs to apply for a Visa? as i know, Singaporean doesn't need to apply for any Visa when they wanna go to other country. anyone have the complete list?
Not sure how accurate it is, here's the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirem...aysian_citizens
new~b0y
post Jun 24 2010, 12:20 AM

Casual
456 posts

QUOTE(clivengu @ Jun 23 2010, 08:44 PM)
Where Can I renew passport in KL, without going to Putrajaya? I heard there is one in Damansara Help Institute but was no longer operating.. is it true?

Btw, the new Passport has chip in it? Mine was done 2 years ago... i dont find any chip in there.. does it mean i have to REDO instead of Renew?
Yes, your two-year old passport has a chip in it. It should be on the back of the passport. You should be able to notice the small rectangular impression on it. Mine was issued back in 2008, it does have a chip in it.
new~b0y
post Jun 24 2010, 03:30 PM

Casual
456 posts

QUOTE(satellitegadget @ Jun 24 2010, 01:27 PM)
Nowaday this chinese visa cost rm58 for 1 single entry valid for 3 months

Last time was oni rm30

Any reason they jack up the price so much??

Really unreasonable...it will only discourage ppl to visit china

Or anyone knows other places to apply visa cheaper? currently i know oni in osk plaza ampang klcc
Maybe because RMB is appreciating against Ringgit? But anyway, RM58 is still a small amount compared with the hundreds and thousands that you're going to spend visiting China.
new~b0y
post Oct 7 2010, 09:50 AM

Casual
456 posts

Hi,

I was wondering anyone ever come across cases of Malaysian having a second valid passport for business travel?

Let say my passport is being held at an embassy of a certain African country for 3 to 4 weeks for visa application, and in the mean time I required to travel out of the country for business travel, I can still do that with the second passport.

Thanks.
new~b0y
post Nov 23 2010, 07:41 PM

Casual
456 posts

QUOTE(june_c21 @ Nov 23 2010, 06:29 PM)
US visa  - u can apply online then choose the date of interview . once done , within 3 days u can get your visa d . they can give like 10 yrs of visa.

Added on November 23, 2010, 6:32 pmhi , go macau / hong kong need visa ?
So the 10-year visa is for multiple entry? What's the maximum staying time for each visit?

Thanks.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0314sec    0.54    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:30 PM