Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

124 Pages « < 38 39 40 41 42 > »  
RSS feedBump TopicClosed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Official Maxis FTTH Thread | v2, Maxis Home Fibre Internet, from RM138 (Maxis)

jeremy05
post Jul 11 2012, 10:59 PM

web developer
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(barca96 @ Jul 11 2012, 10:57 PM)
i should've added, i lived in my parents house. biggrin.gif

but even though im a rich guy, i would still opt for the best deal.
you're right, rich guy rclxms.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
alonso33
post Jul 11 2012, 11:01 PM

Group: Junior Member

Yup, It depends how big is your semi-d. When is your installation and Which area you live hmm.gif

For me, The wifi signal is quite weak when i'm at first floor. Just buy a wireless repeater to solve it.

This post has been edited by alonso33: Jul 11 2012, 11:01 PM
+Quote Post
bobtahar
post Jul 11 2012, 11:02 PM

Getting Started

Hi guys... been using Maxis home fibre for 2 weeks now... so far so good... touchwood thumbup.gif

Regarding the wifi... the Thompson wifi router do have a weak signal... my router locater is in my room at the rear side of the house... I have 1 to none bar wifi signal at my living room.

The only solution that I can think off and an advice from the TM contractor is to use back my wifi router that I have for streamyx to create a wifi extender. Since I already have installed aztech homeplug to connect the internet to my bluray player... I think I'm going to connect the LAN from homeplug to the wifi router & from wifi router to BD player.

I'm going to try it this weekend... hopefully it can provide a well balance wifi signal to all area of my house. By the way... the homeplug works flawlessly.
+Quote Post
danieltay
post Jul 11 2012, 11:27 PM

Group: New Member

QUOTE(kenjixx @ Jul 11 2012, 07:41 PM)
laugh.gif thomson router?? it's on tong sampah d...  whistling.gif
Then u use what router now? How bout ur VoIP?
+Quote Post
HappyGuy
post Jul 11 2012, 11:31 PM

Getting Started

I had my maxis fibre optic installed as well. So far so good, I had same issue whereby the thompson wifi signal is very weak. Have to use another wifi router as Access point.

The tm installer charged me Rm150, just to climb the roof at ground floor to put in the fibre optic cable into the conceal pipe. sad.gif

I tried to flash the linksys router (wrt54g2) to use DD-WRT and make it as repeater, but failed. So only can use the router as access point.

Anyone have use this before? Is it reliable?
Wall-Plugged Wireless-N Extender
http://www.aztech.com/my/wireless_wl556e.html

+Quote Post
jeremy05
post Jul 11 2012, 11:32 PM

web developer

shit shit shit........i am doing my work, suddenly can't access ftp server, any1 have this problems???
+Quote Post
peacelover1990
post Jul 12 2012, 12:22 AM

Do anyone experience disconnect problem? PPPoE shows connected, but unable to surf the net, have to reconnect again. It happens occasionally
+Quote Post
azizul9736
post Jul 12 2012, 12:27 AM

Casual

Mine ftth still good since last month no restart or anything till tiday router never off, speed good in torrent depend on seed , gaming , etc...Been using about 4month only call cs maxis once .
+Quote Post
aeiou228
post Jul 12 2012, 12:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(peacelover1990 @ Jul 12 2012, 12:22 AM)
Do anyone experience disconnect problem? PPPoE shows connected, but unable to surf the net, have to reconnect again. It happens occasionally
Very common, it had been discussed at lenght in this thread. Browser keep loading a page. Spmetimes got to stop the loading and click refresh only then the page load up.
+Quote Post
gogetter83
post Jul 12 2012, 12:37 AM

QUOTE(peacelover1990 @ Jul 12 2012, 12:22 AM)
that's what we've been discussing in several post, but the general assumption was router problem. But you are on a custom router right?

i have heard of this from a friend who is subscribing but he's on FTTH, so wasn't too sure it was the same problem as was discussed... what about you?

This post has been edited by gogetter83: Jul 12 2012, 12:43 AM
+Quote Post
jetwash
post Jul 12 2012, 12:39 AM

Getting Started

just did a switch off/switch on test on the ONT and Thomson, didn't feel like 5 minutes to me, more like 1 to 2 minutes max, more than acceptable to me.

still hasn't managed to get the 1.2 mbps speed for torrent, max speed i got just now was just about 600kbps, oh well...

should i switch to public ip and do proper port forwarding for the torrent?

off to sleep!
+Quote Post
peacelover1990
post Jul 12 2012, 12:40 AM

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Jul 12 2012, 12:34 AM)
Very common, it had been discussed at lenght in this thread. Browser keep loading a page. Spmetimes got to stop the loading and click refresh only then the page load up.
ya! website will not load, have to click refresh only it will show up!

Added on July 12, 2012, 12:42 am
QUOTE(gogetter83 @ Jul 12 2012, 12:37 AM)
that's what we've been discussing in several post, but the general assumption was router problem. But you are on a custom router right?

He's a landed installation, FTTH instead of DSL. What about you?
ya, i am using custom router, and using DSL. disconnected twice in 5 minutes just now!

This post has been edited by peacelover1990: Jul 12 2012, 12:42 AM
+Quote Post
DrPitchard
post Jul 12 2012, 12:58 AM

Regular

QUOTE(azizul9736 @ Jul 12 2012, 12:27 AM)
Mine ftth still good since last month no restart or anything till tiday router never off, speed good in torrent depend on seed , gaming , etc...Been using about 4month only call cs maxis once .
"Like"
+1
:-)

Added on July 12, 2012, 1:22 am
QUOTE(ryudell @ Jul 11 2012, 02:56 PM)
apply through Dr Pitchard..sure no problem 1
Someone calling my name..? :-)

Added on July 12, 2012, 1:28 am
QUOTE(Mac Man @ LYF @ Jul 11 2012, 02:57 PM)
Mind showing his topic?

I tried searching Dr Pitchard in Member List, no result.
You got male! I mean, mail... ><"

This post has been edited by DrPitchard: Jul 12 2012, 01:28 AM
+Quote Post
danieltay
post Jul 12 2012, 02:06 AM

Group: New Member

QUOTE(peacelover1990 @ Jul 12 2012, 12:40 AM)
ya! website will not load, have to click refresh only it will show up!

Added on July 12, 2012, 12:42 am
ya, i am using custom router, and using DSL. disconnected twice in 5 minutes just now!
Then the maxis support said need to upgrade thomson router firmware tipulah... U use custom router also same... Damnit, looks like the frequent disconnection cannot be solved... Are u high rise or landed?
+Quote Post
lololzai
post Jul 12 2012, 07:22 AM

QUOTE(HappyGuy @ Jul 11 2012, 11:31 PM)
I had my maxis fibre optic installed as well. So far so good, I had same issue whereby the thompson wifi signal is very weak. Have to use another wifi router as Access point.

The tm installer charged me Rm150, just to climb the roof at ground floor to put in the fibre optic cable into the conceal pipe. sad.gif

I tried to flash the linksys router (wrt54g2) to use DD-WRT and make it as repeater, but failed. So only can use the router as access point.

Anyone have use this before? Is it reliable?
Wall-Plugged Wireless-N Extender
http://www.aztech.com/my/wireless_wl556e.html
Hi HappyGuy, my previously used for 1mbps streamyx linksys router is also the same UFO router, WRT54G2(mine is v1).

Could u teach me how to setup Access Point with WRT54G2?
Sorry please tell me the detailed settings for WRT54G2 and also for the Thomson? sad.gif

======================================================

And......

Who could tell me how to check whether I'm on Public IP or Private IP?
I didn't ask for change of IP type since installation. So mine is in default (according to first post, should be Private IP in default).

But I checked via IP detector websites(eg. http://www.ip-adress.com/ , http://whatismyipaddress.com/, blabla..) and all show 14.192.x.x (IP format just same as those IP in picture posted by public IP member).
Summore everytime I reboot/reconnect router, the IP will change(like 14.192.x.1 becomes 14.192.x.25) everytime as usual.
So this means I'm Public IP? But...
when I check in Thomson router page(Home > Broadband Connection > Internet Services > eInternet), IP address stated in the page is 10.x.x.x(I know this is Private IP because it starts with 10 due to the reason of the IP range of 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255 are Private IPs).

So conclusion is I'm actually on Public IP or Private IP??? rclxub.gif rclxub.gif rclxub.gif

This post has been edited by lololzai: Jul 12 2012, 07:49 AM
+Quote Post
cielBleu
post Jul 12 2012, 07:27 AM

Getting Started

how long from registration to installation for maxis fiber???area wangsa maju
+Quote Post
ryudell
post Jul 12 2012, 08:07 AM

*SUPERB*

torrent so far so good!
can get 1.2MBps dl/ul with no problem..
no port forwarding configure..
1week use with no problem except with the authentication failed which they had resolve within 24hrs..
quota used more than 200GB ald..
+Quote Post
mikeeeee
post Jul 12 2012, 08:28 AM

*~Tien9Chi~*

QUOTE(lololzai @ Jul 12 2012, 07:22 AM)
Hi HappyGuy, my previously used for 1mbps streamyx linksys router is also the same UFO router, WRT54G2(mine is v1).

Could u teach me how to setup Access Point with WRT54G2?
Sorry please tell me the detailed settings for WRT54G2 and also for the Thomson? sad.gif

======================================================

And......

Who could tell me how to check whether I'm on Public IP or Private IP?
I didn't ask for change of IP type since installation. So mine is in default (according to first post, should be Private IP in default).

But I checked via IP detector websites(eg. http://www.ip-adress.com/ , http://whatismyipaddress.com/, blabla..) and all show 14.192.x.x (IP format just same as those IP in picture posted by public IP member).
Summore everytime I reboot/reconnect router, the IP will change(like 14.192.x.1 becomes 14.192.x.25) everytime as usual.
So this means I'm Public IP? But...
when I check in Thomson router page(Home > Broadband Connection > Internet Services > eInternet), IP address stated in the page is 10.x.x.x(I know this is Private IP because it starts with 10 due to the reason of the IP range of 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255 are Private IPs).

So conclusion is I'm actually on Public IP or Private IP??? rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif
Confirm private IP .
Another way to confirm, your account is xxxxx@home.maxis.com.my rather than xxxxx@public.maxis.com.my
+Quote Post
jeremy05
post Jul 12 2012, 08:43 AM

web developer

QUOTE(ryudell @ Jul 12 2012, 08:07 AM)
torrent so far so good!
can get 1.2MBps dl/ul with no problem..
no port forwarding configure..
1week use with no problem except with the authentication failed which they had resolve within 24hrs..
quota used more than 200GB ald..
authentication failed need 24 hours to resolve? They help me revolve on the call, around 3 minutes. tongue.gif

Added on July 12, 2012, 8:46 am
QUOTE(cielBleu @ Jul 12 2012, 07:27 AM)
how long from registration to installation for maxis fiber???area wangsa maju
depends on the available slot and coverage in your area, my case from register to installation take 2weeks, because i postponed 1 weeks, it should be 1 week. and i register on maxis website, just don't register at maxis partner center, it will take more longer time to process, my friend register at maxis partner center(early than me 1 weeks), but the installation arrange at august!! my installation just finished at last month(21th june 2012).

This post has been edited by jeremy05: Jul 12 2012, 08:46 AM
+Quote Post
ryudell
post Jul 12 2012, 08:50 AM

*SUPERB*

QUOTE(jeremy05 @ Jul 12 2012, 09:43 AM)
authentication failed need 24 hours to resolve? They help me revolve on the call, around 3 minutes. tongue.gif

Added on July 12, 2012, 8:46 am
depends on the available slot and coverage in your area, my case from register to installation take 2weeks, because i postponed 1 weeks, it should be 1 week. and i register on maxis website, just don't register at maxis partner center, it will take more longer time to process, my friend register at maxis partner center(early than me 1 weeks), but the installation arrange at august!! my installation just finished at last month(21th june 2012).
because i called past midnite..the technician ald sleeping..
so need to wait after i finish work around 7..
the time taken actually takes abt 10mins..
a simple reset at maxis site, n switch off both devices for 15secs..
n reboot..
since it happened between thurs & friday..need to wait after working hours..
if not sure fast 1
+Quote Post

124 Pages « < 38 39 40 41 42 > » 
Bump TopicClosed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0731sec    3.39    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 11:08 PM