Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Maxis The Official Maxis FTTH Thread | v2, Maxis Home Fibre Internet, from RM138

views

azizul9736
post Jul 1 2012, 11:43 AM

Casual
463 posts

good V2

refer here Unifi and Maxis speed / ping test

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...&#entry52656253

Added on July 1, 2012, 11:44 amBTW add me 10mbs

This post has been edited by azizul9736: Jul 1 2012, 11:44 AM
azizul9736
post Jul 1 2012, 02:13 PM

Casual
463 posts

QUOTE(IntensiveBytes @ Jul 1 2012, 02:02 PM)
I've already got mine, has been a week+ already Rocking it biggrin.gif
rclxms.gif

Added on July 1, 2012, 2:19 pmToday Unifi user is Currently experiane high ping and lag playing sg overseas server refer unifi thread.

This post has been edited by azizul9736: Jul 1 2012, 02:19 PM
azizul9736
post Jul 4 2012, 12:29 PM

Casual
463 posts

QUOTE(hongchai888 @ Jul 4 2012, 12:25 PM)
When will maxis apply FUP? This is my main concern thing all the time.
This question arrise since last 6month or a year before but still its still newer being implement.

This post has been edited by azizul9736: Jul 4 2012, 12:30 PM
azizul9736
post Jul 5 2012, 11:57 AM

Casual
463 posts

QUOTE(mikeeeee @ Jul 5 2012, 11:46 AM)
read more , while its true that any internet connection to internet must have a Public IP BUT

the main difference is where is the Public IP located in the network hierarchy.

For normal maxis ftth setup
users are given private IP at their home and kept the public IP at their own server/equipment. In this scenario, for you to reach the Internet, you must pass through their server/equipment. Mind you, this particular public IP could be shared with other maxis ftth to reach the internet. Typically, this type of setup is

1 public IP(maxis data center) -- > many, maxis private IPs (users home router) --> many, your home private IPs(users ipad,phone, notebook, pc)

so, for data communication in the internet others will only be able to see your public IP, once data routed to the public IP, maxis equipment will then have to route it to the appropriate users (private IPs)
For maxis ftth setup with public IP
users are given a public IP (dynamic one of course) at their home directly. So in this case, between you and the internet is just the home router and this public IP is not shared by others at any point in time. Typically, this tpe of setup is

1 public IP(users home router) --> many, your home private IPs (users ipad, phone etc etc)

by using this setup, you have direct control over the the traffic if your router is capable of doing it and of course if you have admin access to it.
Note: In most cases, normal internet activities doesn't really which setup you have, what important is you have a connection and those routers will manage the route appropriately. However for example a cctv setup, you will require certain ports to be forwarded to the local private IP of the cctv equipments, therefor people suggest to get the public IP setup so that you have control over the router. In fact, cctv setups will even work using the normal setup IF Maxis helps you to port forward the necessary ports from the internet to your private IP (However, that might create management mess and most likely there are strict protocols to follow to allow the changes which means they will most likely wont do it for you)

BTW, public IP or private IP have no relation to your LINK speed. Download speed MIGHT be affected though depending the software you use. LINK speed and Download speed is not the same ya.
Good explanation for noob like me thanks a lot but ps3 user claimed they cant use private ip because cant do port forwarding and my torrent sometimes show port forward succsess sometime not and the d/l speed oso vary. Can help explaine lil bit?
azizul9736
post Jul 5 2012, 03:03 PM

Casual
463 posts

QUOTE(mikeeeee @ Jul 5 2012, 02:50 PM)
what conclusion ?

basically, if you are not facing any problem with the initial setup, why bother ?

In summary, requesting public IP empowers the user with the ability to manage their internet connection to a certain extend. Of course you would need to first understand what is your need and translate that requirements into command (eg. port forwarding). It doesn't means once you get public IP your eg. cctv will work automagically unless both the router and equipment supports UPNP. You still need to configure the router properly.

Common purpose is to have the ability to port forward in order to use cctv, personal web/ftp hosting, windows remote desktop, improving NATs etc etc.

In terms of security, if you don't know much about networking and stuffs I would say stay with private IP setup if it doesn't affect you with any problem. Hackers will need to penetrate Maxis proxy/equipment/router first before they reach u if they come from the Internet. However, alot of time its users themselves that initiated the link to hacker LOL, so in that sense both setup is the same.
Are u maxis user?
Ur ps3 port forward success?
How about torrenting?
azizul9736
post Jul 7 2012, 05:01 PM

Casual
463 posts

QUOTE(jeremy05 @ Jul 6 2012, 03:32 PM)
ya, i also unable download file from rapidshare, half way said file crash... unfi no this problems...
unifi dont have this problem?
azizul9736
post Jul 7 2012, 05:39 PM

Casual
463 posts

QUOTE(asiatrader98 @ Jul 7 2012, 05:38 PM)
difficult to contact their customer service........can anyone confirm to me the 150 min (RM118 package) free to mobile to call only to maxis line or others?  hmm.gif TQ
maxis to maxis only
azizul9736
post Jul 7 2012, 05:47 PM

Casual
463 posts

QUOTE(wajaflyguy @ Jul 7 2012, 05:18 PM)
very frustrated. thomson modem keep restarting periodically. helpppppp?
what did u do? downloading 24 hour? hmm.gif

my thomson never had issue 24/7 on since 3month ago only restart once a while sweat.gif

complain kaw-kaw to maxis mentioned u cant use dont want to pay flex.gif vmad.gif
azizul9736
post Jul 12 2012, 12:27 AM

Casual
463 posts

Mine ftth still good since last month no restart or anything till tiday router never off, speed good in torrent depend on seed , gaming , etc...Been using about 4month only call cs maxis once .
azizul9736
post Jul 21 2012, 06:55 AM

Casual
463 posts

QUOTE(clawhammer @ Jul 20 2012, 05:04 AM)
It might be Maxis default DNS which is not resolving these websites. Try and change the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 (I'm able to view the sites you mentioned by changing the DNS).
mine also cant acess ip38..

How to change the DNS to 8.8.8.8?

and also how to change the router DNS to 8.8.8.8

mind share?

Added on July 21, 2012, 7:01 am
QUOTE(mauli74 @ Jul 20 2012, 03:19 AM)
hello guys...MAXIS 10M
i cannot access some websites...
such as www.ip138.com and the same ip with its(www.315che.com)(www.hunantv.com can be visited because it has mutliple server with ip)
other example... 1000eb.com
and i tried with proxy...they are good working...so i think the problems is on maxis..
i have subscribed Unifi either...unifi working very well on those website...!!!
what s the problem?
able to access?

This post has been edited by azizul9736: Jul 21 2012, 07:01 AM
azizul9736
post Jul 27 2012, 06:49 PM

Casual
463 posts

Maxis fibre 10mbs,
No redirect issue use google chrome,
Torrent use pirate bay,
Play Bf3 everyday ping 30-200,
NO disconnect issue at all , my thomson never off no colling fan already 2month 24/7 , tommorow will off going hometown.
Still on private ip,
Loc wangsa maju high rise non vdsl.

"maybe i didnt explore much......

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0477sec    0.12    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:45 PM