Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Updated 25/10! P1 Wimax guideline / Troubleshoot, New tips to improve your P1 (Helpdesk Episodes)

yong888
post Mar 9 2009, 09:56 PM

Group: Junior Member

First I must tell I'm not expert, but I can provide few useful step for you to fine tuning....
1.) Login the P1 modem interface, goto http://10.1.1.254
username: admin
password: admin123

2.) Best Spot for wimax signal: once login adjust your P1 modem to find best spot (normally near window or outside window) and point to "Wimax Base station" direction (which you can see from modem interface the "RSSI" will keep changing, the lower "RSSI" the better signal it is, keep trying until you get lowerest RSSI)

3.) BT user: must do port forwarding (refer to the picture below)

4.) DMZ Zone: Put your own IP (online gaming, FTP,.... others) under DMZ zone but once your IP under DMZ zone, you don't have protection meaning you're expose yourself without firewall, do it with extra caution (refer to below picture)

5.) Online Gaming: If you know your online game port number just simply do port forwarding so that you don't need put yourself in DMZ zone, it'll help latency problem

6.) Goto uTorrent preference use port: 12345 (example, u can use any port u like, refer to below picture on how to use certain port)

7.) Use Router to share with others: if you use router to share bandwidth you'll need goto router setting interface (normally is http://192.168.1.1 username/password: admin / admin) change your "Internet connection type" to DHCP or automatic or whatever router will assign IP to your PC because all the authentication will do within that P1 modem itself. (refer to picture below)

Hope can help you all....

P/S: forgot to tell you guys, raining do affect the signal, try don't put any electronic device (Wifi router, TV, microwave....) near this p1 modem

Tips: Always check your account usage, for example 1200 Package with 20GB (upload+download) whether exceed the quota, once it exceed P1 will start to cap your speed, btw you still able to get full speed during mid-night.

thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

Guys, something P1 will give when your birthday coming ~~

Updated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A quick tips maybe can help you improve your speed which is pointing direction to the nearest base station.

Scenario 1:
Each CPE modem will search for frequency 2375000, 2380000, 2385000. If it happen your area have 3 base station nearby and your CPE pointing is in the middle of 2 base station.

Result: it'll cause frequent disconnect and reconnect, because it'll always search for best connectivity (Technology limitation)

Work around: Call / Email their Customer support ask them to plot out the base station by the map then you'll know which direction you should point to.

Scenario 2: Bandwidth limitation on base station is xxMbps, each base station connect to internet backbone have the limitation, let's say it's 10Mbps and 1 Wiggy max capacity already 10Mbps can suck all the bandwidth. If you find out the base station you connected have very good (green light) signal but very slow internet speed. This could be the reason

Work around: Try point to another base station even the connection is weaker(orange, red light) you could get better internet speed & bandwidth

How to know you're connect to different base station ??
Simple, just check the frequency you're connected at 1st then change direction or position. Check again, if it happen connect to different frequency it's different base station.

This post has been edited by yong888: Oct 25 2009, 09:55 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
FROGEYE
post Mar 9 2009, 10:44 PM

hi yong
I'm finding a sweep spot for my P1 modem as well (got the login from u d!) but I would wanna clarify one thing; When you said "the lower RSSI, the better". Now, my RSSI signal is -60.30 (negative 60.30) and at some spot it was -45.10 (negative 45.10). As its a negative integer, in this context which one is 'lower'? Tx much
+Quote Post
yong888
post Mar 9 2009, 10:47 PM

QUOTE(FROGEYE @ Mar 9 2009, 10:44 PM)
hi yong
I'm finding a sweep spot for my P1 modem as well (got the login from u d!) but I would wanna clarify one thing; When you said "the lower RSSI, the better". Now, my RSSI signal is -60.30 (negative 60.30) and at some spot it was -45.10 (negative 45.10).  As its a negative integer, in this context which one is 'lower'? Tx much
-45.10 is lower
+Quote Post
FROGEYE
post Mar 9 2009, 11:03 PM

ok, got it. Tx!
+Quote Post
yong888
post Mar 9 2009, 11:09 PM

As now P1 Wimax technology is not mature enough yet, each P1 Base station only can support up to 1km and others wimax ISP can go up to 5 ~ 10km like korea .... also MIMO is not yet implement yet.

Hopefully we can see some improvement after they implement MIMO notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
Also can improve on their Reseller, customer support.... Please put some technical people ~~
+Quote Post
owc
post Mar 9 2009, 11:18 PM

Casual

Nothing helps if you do have ID and password, what dif?

This post has been edited by owc: Mar 14 2009, 09:36 AM
+Quote Post
FROGEYE
post Mar 9 2009, 11:44 PM

QUOTE(yong888 @ Mar 9 2009, 11:09 PM)
As now P1 Wimax technology is not mature enough yet, each P1 Base station only can support up to 1km and others wimax ISP can go up to 5 ~ 10km like korea .... also MIMO is not yet implement yet.

Hopefully we can see some improvement after they implement MIMO  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif
Also can improve on their Reseller, customer support.... Please put some technical people ~~
hi yong,
I noticed this glitch a few times and do share with us if you're experiencing the same. I have a few bckground d/l Tab and simultaneously I hv a Firefox Tab wth the modem user interface open to monitor the RSSI, etc, etc. Now, whenever I close this particular modem user interface Tab, the entire connection freeze. No incoming/outgoing packets. Modem status still looks healthy thought. I've tried this a few times to validate the glitch. Comments?

+Quote Post
yong888
post Mar 9 2009, 11:51 PM

I don't have this experience before, but I do same situation when I disable routing feature on the P1 modem, my pc will get public IP but connection seems got problem.

note: it shouldn't have any problem when you close the modem user interface. Try to do some testing keep pinging certain domain name / IP example: ping google.com -t and close the Tab , see whether got problem or not
+Quote Post
hwchan
post Mar 10 2009, 07:19 AM

Seems like i got problem to do port forwarding and not too sure where the problem occur. Im using Belkin router F5D7230-4

I follow your guide on the p1 modem and set all the ports that i required to open, and enter the LAN IP as 10.1.1.1 but i dont know how to set my router to assign WAN IP automatically. I click to use dynamic setting, and it asked me to enter the host name, i tried p1.com.my but it get me error of invalid host ><

i check with the port and it not open at all
+Quote Post
p4n6
post Mar 10 2009, 08:29 AM

deodherion
Group: Senior Member

Hopefully we can see some improvement after they implement MIMO  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif
Thanks. Already PM you wink.gif

Are you P1 staff?
+Quote Post
IIIaZer
post Mar 10 2009, 10:20 AM

Casual

already PM you as well. Thanks
+Quote Post
nitezshiro
post Mar 10 2009, 01:50 PM

Getting Started

Can this guide solve frequent disconnection as well?

I have returned my modem to them already. They told me that my area is not in coverage so that is why I have such disconnection..
+Quote Post
ubsacc2004
post Mar 10 2009, 02:00 PM

No life without MUsic

huh ? no coverage ? so weird ah. not tested the signal before subscribe ? now i waiting for yong888 to fine tune my signal.
+Quote Post
FROGEYE
post Mar 10 2009, 02:10 PM

i have sporadic disconnection too. You'll notice ya d/l bar move very fast BUT then it just stopped there momentarily, and resumes. Weird
+Quote Post
meiL
post Mar 10 2009, 04:40 PM

Group: New Member

PM sent biggrin.gif . P1 slows down these few days sad.gif
+Quote Post
yong888
post Mar 10 2009, 04:44 PM

QUOTE(hwchan @ Mar 10 2009, 07:19 AM)
Seems like i got problem to do port forwarding and not too sure where the problem occur. Im using Belkin router F5D7230-4

I follow your guide on the p1 modem and set all the ports that i required to open, and enter the LAN IP as 10.1.1.1 but i dont know how to set my router to assign WAN IP automatically. I click to use dynamic setting, and it asked me to enter the host name, i tried p1.com.my but it get me error of invalid host ><

i check with the port and it not open at all
the hostname should be your PC name

Added on March 10, 2009, 4:44 pm
QUOTE(FROGEYE @ Mar 10 2009, 02:10 PM)
i have sporadic disconnection too. You'll notice ya d/l bar move very fast BUT then it just stopped there momentarily, and resumes. Weird
this's due to wireless signal not stable.... technology not mature enough yet rclxub.gif

This post has been edited by yong888: Mar 10 2009, 04:44 PM
+Quote Post
hwchan
post Mar 10 2009, 06:08 PM

well i still cant get it right, guess i ask for guide here

Im using wifi router Belkin F5D7230-4 and connected with 2 PC through cable

Currently my LAN IP is set to DHCP mode, so my LAN IP is 192.168.2.2. When i do port forwarding, i enter all the port number and it will assign 192.168.2.2 for the port while under Wimax setting, it falls under 10.1.1.1 so is this the problem? Anyway i can do this fine?
+Quote Post
ubsacc2004
post Mar 10 2009, 06:08 PM

No life without MUsic

my RSSI is -39.81. but port forwarding i just insert 12345 hehe. tks.
+Quote Post
yong888
post Mar 10 2009, 06:11 PM

QUOTE(hwchan @ Mar 10 2009, 06:08 PM)
well i still cant get it right, guess i ask for guide here

Im using wifi router Belkin F5D7230-4 and connected with 2 PC through cable

Currently my LAN IP is set to DHCP mode, so my LAN IP is 192.168.2.2. When i do port forwarding, i enter all the port number and it will assign 192.168.2.2 for the port while under Wimax setting, it falls under 10.1.1.1 so is this the problem? Anyway i can do this fine?
I think you'll need to 2 port forwarding,
1.) Port forward from wimax modem to router (IP : 10.1.1.1) because P1 modem itself is router
2.) port forward from Router to your PC (192.168.2.2)

Added on March 10, 2009, 7:50 pm
QUOTE(ubsacc2004 @ Mar 10 2009, 06:08 PM)
my RSSI is -39.81. but port forwarding i just insert 12345 hehe. tks.
Wow ~ -39.81 consider very very signal rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

Added on March 10, 2009, 7:51 pmguys.... username and password posted, enjoy ~

This post has been edited by yong888: Mar 10 2009, 07:51 PM
+Quote Post
ubsacc2004
post Mar 10 2009, 08:19 PM

No life without MUsic

hehe i stay at bdr baru sentul 10 floors.
+Quote Post
deacan
post Mar 10 2009, 08:27 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(yong888 @ Mar 9 2009, 09:56 PM)
First I must tell I'm not expert, but I can provide few useful step for you to fine tuning....
1.) Login the P1 modem interface, goto http://10.1.1.254
    username: p1admin
    password: 769973

2.) Best Spot for wimax signal: once login adjust your P1 modem to find best spot (normally near window or outside window) and point to "Wimax Base station" direction (which you can see from modem interface the "RSSI" will keep changing, the lower "RSSI" the better signal it is, keep trying until you get lowerest RSSI)

3.) BT user: must do port forwarding (refer to the picture below)

4.) DMZ Zone: Put your own IP (online gaming, FTP,.... others) under DMZ zone but once your IP under DMZ zone, you don't have protection meaning you're expose yourself without firewall, do it with extra caution (refer to below picture)

5.) Online Gaming: If you know your online game port number just simply do port forwarding so that you don't need put yourself in DMZ zone, it'll help latency problem

6.) Goto uTorrent preference use port: 12345 (example, u can use any port u like, refer to below picture on how to use certain port)

7.) Use Router to share with others: if you use router to share bandwidth you'll need goto router setting interface (normally is http://192.168.1.1 username/password: admin / admin) change your "Internet connection type" to DHCP or automatic or whatever router will assign IP to your PC because all the authentication will do within that P1 modem itself. (refer to picture below)

Hope can help you all....

P/S: forgot to tell you guys, raining do affect the signal, try don't put any electronic device (Wifi router, TV, microwave....) near this p1 modem
thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif
Thx very much bro. Got your email too today.
+Quote Post
Coconut
post Mar 10 2009, 09:07 PM

Regular

i am noob in port forwarding, anyone using DI524 router can share how to set the port forwarding?

+Quote Post
meiL
post Mar 10 2009, 09:56 PM

Got ur email biggrin.gif . Thx for the username/password . utorrent shows the green icon now smile.gif
+Quote Post
littleman
post Mar 10 2009, 10:04 PM

Enthusiast

mine is still showing red icon even after I portforward. sad.gif
+Quote Post
saddient
post Mar 11 2009, 12:00 AM

yes or no

is that -45.75 is a good RSSI? how come my dl speed still so slow ...

user posted image
+Quote Post
Mortario
post Mar 11 2009, 10:08 AM

What is a good RSSI rating and DNR(sp?) Anyone?
+Quote Post
p4n6
post Mar 11 2009, 01:43 PM

deodherion

Hopefully we can see some improvement after they implement MIMO   notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif
Any proof that Korea basestation can reach 10km? As far as I can see, the distance is more on the RF limitation but not the technology & equipment limitation.

This post has been edited by p4n6: Mar 11 2009, 01:45 PM
+Quote Post
saddient
post Mar 11 2009, 08:58 PM

yes or no

QUOTE(Mortario @ Mar 11 2009, 11:08 AM)
What is a good RSSI rating and DNR(sp?) Anyone?
as i know the lower RSSI u got there.. the stronger signal
+Quote Post
lulu418
post Mar 11 2009, 08:59 PM

I already Open the port but my BT still yellowl light~~~~~~~~ rclxub.gif rclxub.gif
+Quote Post
saddient
post Mar 11 2009, 09:00 PM

yes or no

QUOTE(lulu418 @ Mar 11 2009, 09:59 PM)
I already Open the port but my BT still yellowl light~~~~~~~~ rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif
better than me ...still red colour... hows the speed? what's your result at speedtest.net d?
+Quote Post
yong888
post Mar 11 2009, 09:38 PM

Please make some noise to careline@p1.com.my about BT, seems like lately they block BT ....
mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
+Quote Post
owc
post Mar 11 2009, 09:41 PM

Casual

hmm.gif I feel like been scam by P1 Wimax, what I saw is not what i get ! doh.gif
+Quote Post
saddient
post Mar 11 2009, 09:50 PM

yes or no

QUOTE(yong888 @ Mar 11 2009, 10:38 PM)
Please make some noise to careline@p1.com.my about BT, seems like lately they block BT ....
mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif
already lodged a complaint few times by emailing them but no feedback from them

Added on March 11, 2009, 9:51 pm
QUOTE(owc @ Mar 11 2009, 10:41 PM)
hmm.gif  I feel like been scam by P1 Wimax, what I saw is not what i get !  doh.gif
wow ur speedtest result so nice

This post has been edited by saddient: Mar 11 2009, 09:51 PM
+Quote Post
hwchan
post Mar 11 2009, 10:11 PM

i already uninstalled my zone alarm firewall but still cant get the any port open though i already allow port forward either in the modem itself and my router. I wonder what is wrong now...
+Quote Post
p4n6
post Mar 11 2009, 10:40 PM

deodherion

QUOTE(saddient @ Mar 11 2009, 08:58 PM)
as i know the lower RSSI u got there.. the stronger signal
RSSI and CINR, the higher the better.

But you need to understand the concept of negative number.

Added on March 11, 2009, 10:46 pm
QUOTE(yong888 @ Mar 11 2009, 09:38 PM)
mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif
It's the normal reaction for every ISP, when every users treat their best effort line as a leased line, ISP will retaliate to throttle p2p traffic.

It's the same cycle we all encountered before during StreamyX reign.

It's inevitable. No ISP will provide us ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET with RM100.

This post has been edited by p4n6: Mar 11 2009, 10:46 PM
+Quote Post
yong888
post Mar 11 2009, 11:12 PM

QUOTE(p4n6 @ Mar 11 2009, 10:40 PM)
RSSI and CINR, the higher the better.

But you need to understand the concept of negative number.

Added on March 11, 2009, 10:46 pm
It's the normal reaction for every ISP, when every users treat their best effort line as a leased line, ISP will retaliate to throttle p2p traffic.

It's the same cycle we all encountered before during StreamyX reign.

It's inevitable. No ISP will provide us ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET with RM100.
The greater negative number you get is only mean your CPE (P1 modem) connection to base station is good, doesn't mean the base station to internet is good....

Another point is since P1 set the quota for every package they shouldn't cap the speed until you reach the limit, I think it's time for mcmc http://aduan.skmm.gov.my/

Added on March 11, 2009, 11:38 pm
QUOTE(hwchan @ Mar 11 2009, 10:11 PM)
i already uninstalled my zone alarm firewall but still cant get the any port open though i already allow port forward either in the modem itself and my router. I wonder what is wrong now...
Maybe it's nothing wrong with all the setting and fine tuning, the problem come from the wimax base station....
WiMAX should be able to handle up to 70 megabits per second, once it hit the capacity, I think nothing much we can do .... meaning if more than 70 users login to the same base station, you're going to share the bandwidth with others...

This post has been edited by yong888: Mar 11 2009, 11:38 PM
+Quote Post
whisperblade
post Mar 11 2009, 11:39 PM

First, zillion thanks for yong888 for sharing is caring.

Mine as below:-

Physical StatusRSSI: -68.78 CINR: 24.94dB
TX power: 10.64
UplinkModulation: qam16-ctc-1/2
Data rate: 6Kb/s
TX bytes: 2601436
DownlinkModulation: qam16-ctc-1/2
Data rate: 210Kb/s
RX bytes: 74995886

I think we should also see the data rate and not just RSSI value.
How much are you guys getting for downlink data rate?

+Quote Post
owc
post Mar 12 2009, 01:01 AM

Casual

P1 Careline they admit they now block p2p and lower the download speed until further notice, for more infomation please call their respective phone number 1300 800 888
+Quote Post
yuhahai
post Mar 12 2009, 10:37 AM

1st for all I must thank you yong sharing the valuable info

Added on March 12, 2009, 10:39 am1st for all I must thank you yong sharing the valuable info but now I counter the problem not be able to get back into the router page even I type the username and password can somebody help me with that?

This post has been edited by yuhahai: Mar 12 2009, 10:39 AM
+Quote Post
UFO
post Mar 12 2009, 06:51 PM

QUOTE(yuhahai @ Mar 12 2009, 10:37 AM)
1st for all I must thank you yong sharing the valuable info

Added on March 12, 2009, 10:39 am1st for all I must thank you yong sharing the valuable info  but now I counter the problem not be able to get back into the router page even I type the username and password can somebody help me with that?
Unfortunately we can't use the exposed username and password anymore since the P1 team had already revoked them I guess... even my previous saved username and password of my own setting they also manage to overwrite it... So, I guess we are stucked with no more user access again... too bad cry.gif
+Quote Post
Acrisius
post Mar 12 2009, 09:32 PM

If the modem upgraded into new firmware. I think it's the time for P1 to release their username and password to customer, as they promised the new firmware will giving out the username and password to configure some setting for users
+Quote Post
ImAn
post Mar 12 2009, 09:55 PM

i can't login using the username and the password in this post. can somebody help me.

This post has been edited by ImAn: Mar 12 2009, 09:55 PM
+Quote Post
owc
post Mar 12 2009, 10:05 PM

Casual

You all know what? P1 have hired spy to monitor this forum, so anything you say and what you write they already take notes.
But then some stupid service issue no idea why they don't want fix their service to more better.
Best effort is not what we need.
What we need is 100% effort and no mistake.
What we see is mean what we must get, or else is counted scaming.
Reason is not solotion, what we know is the fact.
+Quote Post
p4n6
post Mar 14 2009, 12:31 AM

deodherion

QUOTE(Acrisius @ Mar 12 2009, 09:32 PM)
If the modem upgraded into new firmware. I think it's the time for P1 to release their username and password to customer, as they promised the new firmware will giving out the username and password to configure some setting for users
Yup, been waiting for that ... but not sure those that already changed their username/password previously will be able to get the upgrade.

Added on March 14, 2009, 12:45 am
QUOTE(yong888 @ Mar 11 2009, 11:12 PM)
The greater negative number you get is only mean your CPE (P1 modem) connection to base station is good, doesn't mean the base station to internet is good....

Another point is since P1 set the quota for every package they shouldn't cap the speed until you reach the limit, I think it's time for mcmc http://aduan.skmm.gov.my/

Added on March 11, 2009, 11:38 pm

Maybe it's nothing wrong with all the setting and fine tuning, the problem come from the wimax base station....
WiMAX should be able to handle up to 70 megabits per second, once it hit the capacity, I think nothing much we can do .... meaning if more than 70 users login to the same base station, you're going to share the bandwidth with others...
I've done some researches on wireless technology prior to subscribing to it.
I can say that to calculate the maximum bandwidth of wireless technology is way more complicated than in wired technology.
So I can say that your assumption on the 70Mbps is way too overated of the technology capability.

Added on March 14, 2009, 12:48 am
QUOTE(owc @ Mar 12 2009, 01:01 AM)
P1 Careline they admit they now block p2p and lower the download speed until further notice, for more infomation please call their respective phone number 1300 800 888
BLOCK & LOWER DOWN THE DOWNLOAD SPEED ... this is two contradicting statement ... how can you block but reduce the speed??? Already block then it's zero lah! But somehow people can still download ... then it's not block lah! P1 Careline says wrongly or you interpret it differently?

Block or Reduce Speed???

It's different.

This post has been edited by p4n6: Mar 14 2009, 12:48 AM
+Quote Post
owc
post Mar 14 2009, 08:41 AM

Casual

QUOTE(p4n6 @ Mar 14 2009, 08:50 AM)
BLOCK & LOWER DOWN THE DOWNLOAD SPEED ... this is two contradicting statement ... how can you block but reduce the speed??? Already block then it's zero lah! But somehow people can still download ... then it's not block lah! P1 Careline says wrongly or you interpret it differently?

Block or Reduce Speed???

It's different.
Does it matter? anyway speed 100kbit and bt can't even 1kbit speed move.
Are you 1 of the P1 careline?
I had slow speed for many month, green signal, monthly usage less then 5gb.
You are P1 careline? why keep protect P1 careline?
P1 careline sux, report everyday still no improve.
Everyday I call P1 careline still need to talk same thing.
You know what? call to P1 careline is a waste of $.
You know every month I spend how many hour talk to that P1 careline.
Are you Alan in P1 careline>?
Or you want me to report your service in MCMC?
I have prove the service less then 10%
That enough me to report to MCMC.

This post has been edited by owc: Mar 14 2009, 09:00 AM
+Quote Post
p4n6
post Mar 14 2009, 11:27 AM

deodherion

QUOTE(owc @ Mar 14 2009, 08:41 AM)
Does it matter? anyway speed 100kbit and bt can't even 1kbit speed move.
Are you 1 of the P1 careline?
I had slow speed for many month, green signal, monthly usage less then 5gb.
You are P1 careline? why keep protect P1 careline?
P1 careline sux, report everyday still no improve.
Everyday I call P1 careline still need to talk same thing.
You know what? call to P1 careline is a waste of $.
You know every month I spend how many hour talk to that P1 careline.
Are you Alan in P1 careline>?
Or you want me to report your service in MCMC?
I have prove the service less then 10%
That enough me to report to MCMC.
Mr. OWC, I'm providing a fair statement here.

You have suck service, I have good service, you complain about it on this forum, I recommend it on this forum, you have the right to give your view, I have the right to give my opinion.
How is that protecting P1 Careline?

Just that you are in misery that doesn't mean everyone else need to stand by your point.

I will challenge you if your point is not valid and i will support you if it's right.

And to answer you question, no I'm not P1 Careline and I'm not your bf, Alan, just that my userid starts with a P that doesn't make me affiliated to P1, duh! Stop being a schizo and control yourself...

I'm a subscriber of their service, if their service sucks, I will screw them myself.

I think you should report this matter to MCMC if you have the proof and you really think it will help, I don't see why not?

This post has been edited by p4n6: Mar 14 2009, 11:29 AM
+Quote Post
Nels
post Mar 14 2009, 01:41 PM

Tech Enthusiast

Let's chill out. I bet owc is suffering so much about his broadband speed.

Well, back from my last post in here until now i have not be able to connect to my wimax broadband. The modem keep on blinking and blinking. I did reset and the result is the same.

Already a week i can say.

I just too busy to call p1 wimax careline lol.
+Quote Post
owc
post Mar 14 2009, 08:28 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Nels @ Mar 14 2009, 01:41 PM)

Well, back from my last post in here until now i have not be able to connect to my wimax broadband. The modem keep on blinking and blinking. I did reset and the result is the same.

Damm right, one month I waste dozen and dozen hour to call P1WiMAX careline.
Does it help? No nothing improve, if they fix the problem, three day after the problem happen again.
Have to rereport again, everytime call P1WiMAX careline have to talk same issue, some more i till lazy call already.
On top of that, everytime from now on, when i report to P1WiMAX careline i would tell them the old problem again.
I will tell them please refer to my prevoise many report, and it all are same issus, never fix.
Everytime respond time very slow.
The Network Team one of the technican called Mr.Alan, he only available on office hour and monday to friday.
All the P1WiMAX careline will report to him, but anyway you need wait one or more week only they will reply you.
P1WiMAX careline no use at all, they just help you issue report.
The Network Technical Team always unavailable.
Somemore, P1WiMAX careline many staff come from Streamyx and TMNET.
Wonder their service so good and so much welcome among us.
+Quote Post
yama
post Mar 14 2009, 09:59 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Nels @ Mar 14 2009, 01:41 PM)

Wow, you case is even worst. I think you are not even in the coverage, did you check on P1 website?

If cannot use, why don't just terminate it, you should have all the bullets to shoot them if they flash your contract with them.

No point to wait, just terminate and subscribe again when their service improves.
+Quote Post
deacan
post Mar 15 2009, 12:01 AM

Getting Started

It seems like P1 Wimax is on to us... the username and password does not work anymore
+Quote Post
owc
post Mar 15 2009, 12:55 AM

Casual

QUOTE(deacan @ Mar 15 2009, 12:01 AM)
It seems like P1 Wimax is on to us... the username and password does not work anymore
ID and password is their P&C, not like streamyx, streamyx no scare let you know the ID and Password.
If you own the ID and password you can hack all P1WiMAX user.
No idea how they spred out their P&C, if our PC get hack how? shu them in court?
+Quote Post
Goneraz
post Mar 15 2009, 02:02 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(owc @ Mar 14 2009, 08:28 PM)
Damm right, one month I waste dozen and dozen hour to call P1WiMAX careline.
Does it help? No nothing improve, if they fix the problem, three day after the problem happen again.
Have to rereport again, everytime call P1WiMAX careline have to talk same issue, some more i till lazy call already.
On top of that, everytime from now on, when i report to P1WiMAX careline i would tell them the old problem again.
I will tell them please refer to my prevoise many report, and it all are same issus, never fix.
Everytime respond time very slow.
The Network Team one of the technican called Mr.Alan, he only available on office hour and monday to friday.
All the P1WiMAX careline will report to him, but anyway you need wait one or more week only they will reply you.
P1WiMAX careline no use at all, they just help you issue report.
The Network Technical Team always unavailable.
Somemore, P1WiMAX careline many staff come from Streamyx and TMNET.
Wonder their service so good and so much welcome among us.

Hey bro i feel u too... i have the same exact problem. I wont even bother to argue with p4n6, he has been an acid fan of p1 even before he got the service and i agree with him,everyone is entitled to have his own opinion. I am happy that he is enjoying his p1.
+Quote Post
Nels
post Mar 15 2009, 12:01 PM

Tech Enthusiast

QUOTE(yama @ Mar 14 2009, 09:59 PM)
Wow, you case is even worst. I think you are not even in the coverage, did you check on P1 website?

If cannot use, why don't just terminate it, you should have all the bullets to shoot them if they flash your contract with them.

No point to wait, just terminate and subscribe again when their service improves.
Nah, i am one of the 6 month trial user. I will call the careline tonight since i have some time. :}
+Quote Post
p4n6
post Mar 15 2009, 01:08 PM

deodherion

QUOTE(Goneraz @ Mar 15 2009, 02:02 AM)
Hey bro i feel u too... i have the same exact problem. I wont even bother to argue with p4n6, he has been an acid fan of p1 even before he got the service and i agree with him,everyone is entitled to have his own opinion. I am happy that he is enjoying his p1.
I'm fan to the technology not necessary to P1 alone ... somehow AMAX never make it to my home only tongue.gif
AMAX has lower number of subscribers, so I believe their service SLA will be higher at this point of time.
P1 has a head start in term of gaining subscribers as well as chance for them to improve their network.

Previously I have told everyone the danger of becoming a guneia pig and not too early to judge the network performance as for all new network, shit happens when subscribers increased tongue.gif

I have been monitoring P1 report card since the beginning, from their track record, you can see a wave when subs comment the service is good, then for a few months, the service performance will degrade, then you will see alot of people complaining on LYN, then the service will improve back, ... and then it will come back down. If you ask me, they are still adapting and stabilizing ... they will improve, it's just time.

I'm using now because to me, stability is the major concern not exactly the upto 1.2Mbps/500kbps advertised speed.
I can see the stability improves from before that's why i start to put my hand in now. Based on my daily usage, a stable average of 300kbps DL/ 100kbps UL is more than sufficient, no point to me to be kiasu and demand for the max cause i know they are offering best effort service. I read my T&C and understands it well.

+Quote Post
owc
post Mar 15 2009, 01:15 PM

Casual

QUOTE(p4n6 @ Mar 15 2009, 01:08 PM)
I'm fan to the technology not necessary to P1 alone ... somehow AMAX never make it to my home only tongue.gif
AMAX has lower number of subscribers, so I believe their service SLA will be higher at this point of time.
P1 has a head start in term of gaining subscribers as well as chance for them to improve their network.

Previously I have told everyone the danger of becoming a guneia pig and not too early to judge the network performance as for all new network, shit happens when subscribers increased tongue.gif

I have been monitoring P1 report card since the beginning, from their track record, you can see a wave when subs comment the service is good, then for a few months, the service performance will degrade, then you will see alot of people complaining on LYN, then the service will improve back, ... and then it will come back down. If you ask me, they are still adapting and stabilizing ... they will improve, it's just time.

I'm using now because to me, stability is the major concern not exactly the upto 1.2Mbps/500kbps advertised speed.
I can see the stability improves from before that's why i start to put my hand in now. Based on my daily usage, a stable average of 300kbps DL/ 100kbps UL is more than sufficient, no point to me to be kiasu and demand for the max cause i know they are offering best effort service. I read my T&C and understands it well.
Does it matter? I don’t think so, P1 they know the problem already everyday and every minute thousand of people call complain same problem and same area. They just get ignore, p4n6 I agree with you your speed very stratified by you. I understand when I join P1 WiMAX user the 1st 3 month bravo fast, time after time it like sux. I last time also stand on P1 side as same as you, I feel prove that I have P1 and high speed then you all don’t own. I understand p4n6 you same as me last time very prove that have P1. Is the same theory, if you have new car did you love your new car? Will you defense your new car? Will you polish your new car? After few months your car dirty and you no care already and the engine started got problem year after year. What you going to do? Still prove that you have P1? Still polish your p1? Still love your p1? Still defense your P1?

Dam, I do understand how your felling, I walk past your journey before, sour, sweet, bitter, spicy, all I have been true. p4n6 you still have long journey with P1WiMAX, anyway the answer need self explore, people said you wouldn’t believe, same as me last time, I believe my own and even don’t believe in god, I believe in money, are you so?

I don’t want to argue with you, no point those entire things I have know and been true, and you are new in P1. Just enjoy P1 and stay tune p4n6.

For your information, I have been experiance of those kind of speed before:
user posted imageuser posted image
+Quote Post
justsome1
post Mar 16 2009, 03:44 AM

wah. so nice. RSSI readings so good.
my place in USJ 11 only got -75.xx. *sobs*
will try putting the modem upstairs front facing window tomorrow.
so far, download seems good at 11xxkbps to 12xxkbps but Upload slow ler...about 200-300 kbps only. need to seed!!!
+Quote Post
colin83
post Mar 16 2009, 10:25 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(deacan @ Mar 10 2009, 08:27 PM)
Thx very much bro. Got your email too today.
p1admin usename and password 769973 cant be used anymore ?
any other backdoor login name and password for this ?

i just wan login and check the RSSI ..
+Quote Post
Acrisius
post Mar 16 2009, 11:32 AM

Nope colin83, they already upgraded into backup firmware to avoid user abuse the modem setting. So just stay tuned on the new firmware to provide username and password for customer.
+Quote Post
antonio
post Mar 16 2009, 02:30 PM

AMD Phenom II & Intel i7 Overclocker
Group Icon
The Fast & The Furious
Group: Moderator

ahh...thats is why I cant connect to the modem configuration page...

Dun forget to share everybody once the new pass is out...

This post has been edited by antonio: Mar 16 2009, 02:34 PM
+Quote Post
cameltoe
post Mar 16 2009, 05:03 PM

Getting Started

Refer to this thread to find out more about the small box modem used by P1.

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/966343
+Quote Post
p4n6
post Mar 17 2009, 12:46 AM

deodherion

QUOTE(cameltoe @ Mar 16 2009, 05:03 PM)
Refer to this thread to find out more about the small box modem used by P1.

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/966343
How will it helps to perform troubleshooting and accessing to the page?

Don't go out topic ler ...
+Quote Post
Hamilton
post Mar 17 2009, 07:17 PM

Getting Started

i cant even login with the userid and pw that u provide..any other IDs?
+Quote Post
Acrisius
post Mar 17 2009, 08:47 PM

Hamilton, try to look back the previous post, and you will know the reason why you couldn't access on the modem, and it was updated new firmware. I think everything has been changed.
+Quote Post
owc
post Mar 19 2009, 02:22 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Acrisius @ Mar 17 2009, 08:47 PM)
Hamilton, try to look back the previous post, and you will know the reason why you couldn't access on the modem, and it was updated new firmware. I think everything has been changed.
Upgrade or no upgrade the firmware is the same. The problem is they are over selling bandwith.
Use non geniune Basestation Equipment.

user posted image

DR. AL ALI - HAT MAS
Chairman of Green Packet Networks

Dr. Ali Al-Mashat is the presiding Chairman of Green Packet Networks with extensive knowledge of the telecommunications and satellite industries.

Prior to joining Green Packet Networks, Dr. Ali was the founding CEO of the Arab Satellite Communications Organisation (ARABSAT), the Middle East's largest satellite operator. He also worked as a representative for the United Nations International Children's Fund, (UNICEF) in both Iraq and France.

In 2005, Dr. Ali was appointed Advisor to the International Space University (ISU) and was elected as a board member of the ISU and Arab Think Forum. Among his previous positions are Director General (D.G.) of Technical Affairs in the Arab Ministry of Planning, President of the Iraqi Foundation of Technical Institutes and the D.G. of the Iraqi Space Research Centre.

Dr. Ali holds a Bachelor of Science from Cairo University and a MSc and PhD in Electronics & Communications from the University of Manchester, Institute of Science and Technology.

+Quote Post
frey88
post Mar 19 2009, 10:55 PM

Who can provide us the latest modem username and password?
+Quote Post
lan85evo
post Mar 22 2009, 06:03 PM

can we downgrade/upgrade the firmware for p1 modem without username n password
jus askin coz we can do it for linksys modem n router
+Quote Post
yong888
post Mar 22 2009, 11:32 PM

P1 win chile wimax license....
http://www.bnamericas.com/news/telecommuni...oadband_project

+Quote Post
p4n6
post Mar 22 2009, 11:37 PM

deodherion

QUOTE(lan85evo @ Mar 22 2009, 06:03 PM)
can we downgrade/upgrade the firmware for p1 modem without username n password
jus askin coz we can do it for linksys modem n router
You sure you want to do that? As WiMAX is a pretty new tech now, the firmware compatibility could be the key for better stability of our connection.
+Quote Post
qsp1985
post Mar 23 2009, 12:57 AM

I have tried to portforward for torrent download.... i am using Azureus. But my speed still wont go even up to 10kb... my downlink data rate is 500kbps. BTW i am connecting the P1 modem to a wireless router(aztech WL830RT4). i have also port fwd on the router.... when ask for the ip add i put the 1 i found in the dhcp client list is that right?
+Quote Post
lan85evo
post Mar 23 2009, 08:04 PM

QUOTE(p4n6 @ Mar 22 2009, 11:37 PM)
You sure you want to do that? As WiMAX is a pretty new tech now, the firmware compatibility could be the key for better stability of our connection.
ok i agree that they do give us latest firmware but do they have to block the acces to modem page.
just checkin la if any1 know more about the modem, coz right now speed for p2p is extremly slow
but surfing speed is good.i want to know if we can port forward in the modem itself.
+Quote Post
p4n6
post Mar 23 2009, 10:47 PM

deodherion

QUOTE(lan85evo @ Mar 23 2009, 08:04 PM)
ok i agree that they do give us latest firmware but do they have to block the acces to modem page.
just checkin la if any1 know more about the modem, coz right now speed for p2p is extremly slow
but surfing speed is good.i want to know if we can port forward in the modem itself.
I believe they are releasing the modem access page soon according to P1 staff on LYN previously.

All ISP also will throttle P2P, despite port forwarding, I think it won't help ...

At first people use StreamyX, then StreamyX starts to throttle p2p, then people move to Maxis 3G and Celcom 3G, then Maxis/Celcom throttle p2p, then people move to P1, and now P1 throttle p2p .. so on and so forth, p2p users are like stray dogs.

This post has been edited by p4n6: Mar 23 2009, 10:49 PM
+Quote Post
James_yka
post Mar 24 2009, 04:56 AM

kNight

Thats why when i they say they will not throttle, i know its just a hoax...

There is no way that any networking system can handle p2p... too much connection with too much bandwidth...
Possible but would they invest more for the lil fraction of p2p user...
+Quote Post
p4n6
post Mar 24 2009, 08:24 AM

deodherion

QUOTE(James_yka @ Mar 24 2009, 04:56 AM)
Thats why when i they say they will not throttle, i know its just a hoax...

There is no way that any networking system can handle p2p... too much connection with too much bandwidth...
Possible but would they invest more for the lil fraction of p2p user...
Even if they invest more to buy a bigger pipe, I too will not think they will allow p2p. Bandwidth is money ... they are charging us RM88, I don't think they will let us enjoy the big pipe, instead they will sell to more people.

That's why I said P2P users are stray dogs, they are the unwanted subscribers as no ISP will prefer them to be in the network. And no ISP will pay more to ensure P2P users to be happier ... no such thing.

This post has been edited by p4n6: Mar 24 2009, 08:26 AM
+Quote Post
Laayhood
post Mar 26 2009, 10:46 PM

helo..im sorry can i have p1 primary dns server and secondary dns server..i'd lost it thx!
+Quote Post
ubsacc2004
post Mar 26 2009, 11:02 PM

No life without MUsic

hm ned to set dns server ?

+Quote Post
msaupi21
post Mar 27 2009, 03:44 PM

p1 have changed modem password during recent firmware update..huhu..
does anybody know what the new password is..?

+Quote Post
jasonhor
post Mar 27 2009, 04:20 PM

Getting Started

+Quote Post
msaupi21
post Mar 27 2009, 07:00 PM

thanks jasonhor...

+Quote Post
Azlan96
post Mar 27 2009, 07:30 PM

Casual

user posted image
+Quote Post
msaupi21
post Mar 27 2009, 07:57 PM

its different interface from the previous firmware...

+Quote Post
nonoldo
post Mar 27 2009, 08:06 PM

I see, now the limit is 40GB instead of 20GB for 1.2Mbps user? If true, that'll be nicee. rclxms.gif
+Quote Post
Azlan96
post Mar 27 2009, 08:15 PM

Casual

QUOTE(nonoldo @ Mar 27 2009, 08:06 PM)
I see, now the limit is 40GB instead of 20GB for 1.2Mbps user? If true, that'll be nicee.  rclxms.gif
No lah, still 20GB

http://www.p1.com.my/wimax/packages_ref.aspx
+Quote Post
yong888
post Mar 29 2009, 06:17 PM

Guys and girls, New username and password release ~~

Username: admin
Password: admin123

+Quote Post
yama
post Mar 29 2009, 06:20 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(yong888 @ Mar 29 2009, 06:17 PM)
Guys and girls, New username and password release ~~

Username: admin
Password: admin123

Thanks. The CINR/RSSI reading will be very helpful.
+Quote Post
whisperblade
post Mar 29 2009, 07:57 PM

too bad they 'removed' the download rate (Kbps) from the WiMAX Status page.

what's the best CINR/RSSI reading you guys get so far?

mine hovering from 33dB / -66dBM

+Quote Post
rajulkabir
post Mar 29 2009, 09:59 PM

Regular
Group Icon
Group: Elite

QUOTE(whisperblade @ Mar 29 2009, 07:57 PM)
too bad they 'removed' the download rate (Kbps) from the WiMAX Status page.

what's the best CINR/RSSI reading you guys get so far?

mine hovering from 33dB / -66dBM
RSSI: -55.58 dBm --- CINR: 17.47 dB

And it's a good connection in terms of ping/speed.
+Quote Post
Andrew Lim
post Mar 30 2009, 08:50 AM

No Gods or Kings. Only Man.

I can't login using Firefox 3. I get a session timeout page no matter how many times I try. I also tried to clear my cache, cookies, and authenticated data, but still experiencing the session timeout.

Works fine for me on IE7 though.

Anybody else experiencing this problem?
+Quote Post
Azlan96
post Mar 30 2009, 10:04 AM

Casual

QUOTE(Andrew Lim @ Mar 30 2009, 08:50 AM)
I can't login using Firefox 3. I get a session timeout page no matter how many times I try. I also tried to clear my cache, cookies, and authenticated data, but still experiencing the session timeout.

Works fine for me on IE7 though.

Anybody else experiencing this problem?
NOT ME!!

BTW, the username and password can be easily changed after we logged in
+Quote Post
photopro
post Mar 30 2009, 11:40 AM

QUOTE(Azlan96 @ Mar 30 2009, 10:04 AM)
NOT ME!!

BTW, the username and password can be easily changed after we logged in
why i can't logged in? is it because you've changed the username & password azlan?
+Quote Post
Azlan96
post Mar 30 2009, 11:53 AM

Casual

QUOTE(photopro @ Mar 30 2009, 11:40 AM)
why i can't logged in? is it because you've changed the username & password azlan?
YOu cant log in? I still can.. using

Username:admin

Pass: admin123

I did not change the password
+Quote Post
Andrew Lim
post Mar 30 2009, 01:22 PM

Azlan96, what is your Firefox version?
+Quote Post
Azlan96
post Mar 30 2009, 02:28 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Andrew Lim @ Mar 30 2009, 01:22 PM)
Azlan96, what is your Firefox version?
Mozilla Firefox 3.1 Beta 3
+Quote Post
Ashes
post Mar 30 2009, 09:53 PM

tried the username admin and password admin123. i can't log in. so whats the problem? browser?

Added on March 30, 2009, 10:00 pmtried the old username and password and it works. i guess the modem i got use older firmware.

This post has been edited by Ashes: Mar 30 2009, 10:00 PM
+Quote Post
p4n6
post Mar 30 2009, 11:04 PM

deodherion

QUOTE(photopro @ Mar 30 2009, 11:40 AM)
QUOTE(Ashes @ Mar 30 2009, 09:53 PM)
tried the username admin and password admin123. i can't log in. so whats the problem? browser?

Added on March 30, 2009, 10:00 pmtried the old username and password and it works. i guess the modem i got use older firmware.
Wow ... the firmware upgrade already so long ... you two still using old firmware ... you never turn on your modem?

This post has been edited by p4n6: Mar 30 2009, 11:05 PM
+Quote Post
Ashes
post Mar 30 2009, 11:09 PM

QUOTE(p4n6 @ Mar 30 2009, 11:04 PM)
Wow ... the firmware upgrade already so long ... you two still using old firmware ... you never turn on your modem?
i just got my modem today new user here.
+Quote Post
LEVIATHAN
post Mar 30 2009, 11:12 PM

Master Chief Carl M. Brashear

Pardon the stupidity. Kindly assist me filling numbers in the blanks below:

user posted image
user posted image

I'm trying to setup a proper port forwarding for an online game. The ports to be opened are 6672, 28900 UDP and 8001, 27900 TCP. The gaming rig's IP is 192.168.1.5.

I seriously don't understand the upper part.
+Quote Post
kazasho
post Mar 30 2009, 11:41 PM

カザショ!

QUOTE(Ashes @ Mar 30 2009, 11:09 PM)
i just got my modem today new user here.
no wonder. acc activated yet? coz for me last time, havent activated yet, thus it use old firmware, after my acc activate, use new firmware automatically.

QUOTE(LEVIATHAN @ Mar 30 2009, 11:12 PM)
Pardon the stupidity. Kindly assist me filling numbers in the blanks below:

user posted image
user posted image

I'm trying to setup a proper port forwarding for an online game. The ports to be opened are 6672, 28900 UDP and 8001, 27900 TCP. The gaming rig's IP is 192.168.1.5.

I seriously don't understand the upper part.
I want portfoward for bt. and nat2. can get ar?
+Quote Post
photopro
post Mar 31 2009, 01:44 AM

QUOTE(p4n6 @ Mar 30 2009, 11:04 PM)
i normally let my modem turn on even when i'm not using it. ok, sorry for being lame but is this the address that i'm suppose to go http://10.1.1.254/ ? with username - admin / password - admin123 ? already tried using both firefox & ie but i can't logged in. now, the speed is acceptable enough for me.(i'm using maxis slowwww connection for almost a year now..so, this is fast enough rclxub.gif ) kind if any of you direct me of what to do.. thanks icon_rolleyes.gif

user posted image
+Quote Post
cress
post Mar 31 2009, 03:19 AM

Anyone here know how to specifically perform a port forward with P1 Wimax for PS3? Tried the tutorials online and am still getting NAT3 instead of a NAT2. Anyhelp is much appreciated.....
+Quote Post
James_yka
post Mar 31 2009, 08:11 AM

kNight

QUOTE(photopro @ Mar 31 2009, 01:44 AM)
i normally let my modem turn on even when i'm not using it. ok, sorry for being lame but is this the address that i'm suppose to go http://10.1.1.254/ ? with username - admin / password - admin123 ? already tried using both firefox & ie but i can't logged in. now, the speed is acceptable enough for me.(i'm using maxis slowwww connection for almost a year now..so, this is fast enough  rclxub.gif ) kind if any of you direct me of what to do.. thanks  icon_rolleyes.gif

user posted image
If yours is the old firmware... try username : adminp1 password : 769973
+Quote Post
LEVIATHAN
post Mar 31 2009, 12:03 PM

In P1 modem
user posted image

In router
user posted image

Result
user posted image

Downloading torrent at plateau speed of 38 KBps = 304 kbps (I exceeded the bandwidth limit weeks ago). The speed should be 1200 kbps tomorrow (new month of April).

Hope this delivery give you ideas on how to toggle the numbers in your modem and router. Your numbers should be the same provided you use a router to connect you with the modem.

Use PFPortChecker by portforward.com to determine if you port forward correctly or not.
+Quote Post
outofsoul
post Apr 2 2009, 01:59 AM

Luck for u all. I'm staying at bukit oug condo 12flr. Initial test during trial period same spots i got very good and excellent connection. Now, horrible sometime no connection at all specially between 11pm onwards to 4am
( i work at night and at home).
Called their csr. Pointless. Now already over trial period, I read their termination process in their site, if terminate before 12 months i need to pay RM999 plus termination fees thats 1k mad.gif shocking.gif mega_shok.gif

+Quote Post
iglue
post Apr 2 2009, 04:47 AM

Getting Started

i can't login to my modem. anyone else facing this problem?
+Quote Post
Andrew Lim
post Apr 2 2009, 04:47 AM

QUOTE(iglue @ Apr 2 2009, 04:47 AM)
i can't login to my modem. anyone else facing this problem?
I can't login properly using Firefox 3.0.6 on Windows Vista. I always get redirected to a session timeout page.

But I can login using IE7.

This post has been edited by Andrew Lim: Apr 2 2009, 04:55 AM
+Quote Post
iglue
post Apr 2 2009, 04:50 AM

Getting Started

im using safari on a mac. downloading firefox to see if i can

Added on April 2, 2009, 5:18 amgot in through firefox but torrents still slow sad.gif

This post has been edited by iglue: Apr 2 2009, 05:18 AM
+Quote Post
cress
post Apr 2 2009, 05:48 AM

I've setup the modem + router similarly to LEVIATHAN's screenprint and tested it with Open Port Checker from portforward.com and it states that my ports are not opened. Firewall was disabled both in Windows and also in the Antivirus suite. Any ideas what went wrong?
+Quote Post
iglue
post Apr 2 2009, 06:14 AM

Getting Started

follow the steps carefully and including the steps in portforward.com according to your router model. i just did and just got "port open" after a couple of hours trying heh
+Quote Post
LEVIATHAN
post Apr 2 2009, 09:58 AM

When you test the ports, double check the protocol. UDP or TCP. Example, if you open port 9100/UDP, only 9100/UDP is open.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
+Quote Post
iglue
post Apr 2 2009, 10:22 AM

Getting Started

my router can set it to both smile.gif
+Quote Post
lan85evo
post Apr 3 2009, 05:47 PM

just register yesterday/cannot use both username and password
adminp1 and admin doesnt work....
any sugestion
+Quote Post
falconhour
post Apr 5 2009, 08:25 PM

QUOTE(LEVIATHAN @ Apr 2 2009, 09:58 AM)
When you test the ports, double check the protocol. UDP or TCP. Example, if you open port 9100/UDP, only 9100/UDP is open.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Leviathan, great info mate thanks.

have anyone tried port triggering instead of port forwarding in their W1MAX modem? correct me if i am wrong but i read somewhere in the Internet that port triggering advantage is you dont have to specificy a machine IP address to do port forwarding. i have couple of network machines at home and dont want to "fixed" them IP addresses based on their MAC.

another thing to note, i havent been successfully port forward an Xbox 360 out despite of allowing the necessary ports to be fwd out. And I tried direct LAN connection to the modem still got Stricted.

any help would be apprecitated. Thanks!

+Quote Post
secretman
post Apr 10 2009, 11:06 AM

Getting Started

after i log in the p1 admin interface and did the port forwarding. do i need to do any settings to my router (d-link 624+) to make it works or port open status?
+Quote Post
LEVIATHAN
post Apr 10 2009, 11:37 AM

Yes. There are settings and numbers to be adjusted to properly setup port forwarding.
+Quote Post
secretman
post Apr 12 2009, 06:51 AM

Getting Started

hi, LEVIATHAN what should i do? or can someone kindly advise?

This post has been edited by secretman: Apr 12 2009, 06:53 AM
+Quote Post
p4n6
post Apr 12 2009, 10:07 AM

deodherion

QUOTE(lan85evo @ Apr 3 2009, 05:47 PM)
just register yesterday/cannot use both username and password
adminp1 and admin doesnt work....
any sugestion
I think it's

Added on April 12, 2009, 10:08 am
QUOTE(LEVIATHAN @ Apr 2 2009, 09:58 AM)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
notworthy.gif You are the god in port forwarding.

This post has been edited by p4n6: Apr 12 2009, 10:08 AM
+Quote Post
Andrew Lim
post Apr 12 2009, 11:11 PM

Hey guys, I want to check what everybody else's firmware version currently is.

Mine is R4.5.1.1-16688-v5.7.0p
+Quote Post
syahpian
post Apr 13 2009, 12:04 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Andrew Lim @ Apr 12 2009, 11:11 PM)
Hey guys, I want to check what everybody else's firmware version currently is.

Mine is R4.5.1.1-16688-v5.7.0p
same here
+Quote Post
LEVIATHAN
post Apr 13 2009, 01:34 AM

Mine R4.5.1.1-16688-v5.7.0p.
+Quote Post
syahpian
post Apr 13 2009, 05:14 PM

Getting Started

anyone know how to change ds300 firmware to a custom firmware like tomato firmware or similar?
+Quote Post
LEVIATHAN
post Apr 13 2009, 05:38 PM

Is that possible? Is it OK to do that, according to the signed contract?
+Quote Post
syahpian
post Apr 13 2009, 05:52 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(LEVIATHAN @ Apr 13 2009, 05:38 PM)
Is that possible? Is it OK to do that, according to the signed contract?
maybe it will void the warranty.. shakehead.gif shakehead.gif but i just curious... because router we can change to customize firmware right.. brows.gif brows.gif maybe ds300 can oso.. but the hard thing to do is.. rclxub.gif rclxub.gif to find the right firmware. tongue.gif tongue.gif

This post has been edited by syahpian: Apr 13 2009, 05:55 PM
+Quote Post
antonio
post Apr 15 2009, 03:55 AM

Group Icon
The Fast & The Furious

RSSI: -75.04dBm CINR: 21.40dB
TX power: 26.44
I got the above after logging in the Modem admin page...Whats the best value for;

-RSSI
-CINR
-TX Power

+Quote Post
rajulkabir
post Apr 15 2009, 04:10 AM

Regular
Group Icon
Group: Elite

QUOTE(antonio @ Apr 15 2009, 03:55 AM)
I got the above after logging in the Modem admin page...Whats the best value for;

-RSSI
-CINR
-TX Power
RSSI you want a stronger signal, which is a higher number (e.g., -50 is better than -100).

CINR you want a higher ratio, which is a higher number (e.g., 40 is better than 20).

TX power adapts to conditions, but a lower number is probably better since it indicates your modem doesn't feel it has to work so hard.

This post has been edited by rajulkabir: Apr 15 2009, 04:13 AM
+Quote Post
antonio
post Apr 15 2009, 04:20 AM

Group Icon
The Fast & The Furious

QUOTE(rajulkabir @ Apr 15 2009, 04:10 AM)
RSSI you want a stronger signal, which is a higher number (e.g., -50 is better than -100).

CINR you want a higher ratio, which is a higher number (e.g., 40 is better than 20).

TX power adapts to conditions, but a lower number is probably better since it indicates your modem doesn't feel it has to work so hard.
Got it...thanks! rclxm9.gif icon_rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
altie
post Apr 15 2009, 02:30 PM

Runaway Fridge™
Group Icon
Networking
Group: VIP

Thanks for the great guide.

Sticky for you.

user posted image
+Quote Post
antonio
post Apr 16 2009, 11:22 AM

Group Icon
The Fast & The Furious

Whats the RSSI number you guys are having?

Mine is hovering around 68-71 if I place the DS-300 correctly...
+Quote Post
nonoldo
post Apr 18 2009, 02:34 PM

Average I can get -58 for RSSI
+Quote Post
Azlan96
post Apr 18 2009, 04:57 PM

Casual

RSSI - 58
+Quote Post
CA5273
post Apr 19 2009, 03:53 AM

Getting Started

mine...
Attached Image
+Quote Post
aftersteps
post Apr 23 2009, 01:59 AM

Getting Started

damn suck keep dc when playing game
+Quote Post
alcali
post Apr 24 2009, 12:46 AM

Getting Started

mine...still in trial period

RSSI: -45.74 dBm CINR: 18.16 dB
TX power: 1.70
+Quote Post
okano3
post Apr 24 2009, 12:40 PM

Hi all,

When I access 10.1.1.254 I can see the login page which I can see RSSI, etc.

Then I check my external IP from whatismyip.com and it shows 120.141.XXX.XXX
If I go to my browser (internally) and access http://120.141.XXX.XXX I can see my router login page

I ask my friend outside using Maxis 3g and try to access http://120.141.XXX.XXX (on his browser) to see whether he can see my P1 router login page.
But he could not. It seems that got some blocking.

Anyone knows how I can access my router login page EXTERNALLY?

+Quote Post
lj0000
post Apr 24 2009, 12:55 PM

Regular

my modem dead last night.
after seeing there is no activity, i power off and on back. now the LAN port rosak liao.

the lan port cannot assign ip address (dhcp not working)
if i use a fix address 10.1.1.x the lan port will light up, after few minutes ,dead and reset. cannot ping 10.1.1.254.

checked its not cable problem, not notebook problem.

any help besides going for the helpdesk?
+Quote Post
yong888
post Apr 26 2009, 04:41 PM

Try to print screen of your local area connection status "General" and "Status"
+Quote Post
lj0000
post Apr 27 2009, 12:04 AM

Regular

went to padock... confirmed its a dead modem. probably i pulled the power while its updating ota.
+Quote Post
smallvill3
post Apr 27 2009, 11:44 PM

On my way

I don't know what exactly use for port forwarding on BT because i can get 150kps download speed without port forward.

This post has been edited by smallvill3: Apr 28 2009, 12:15 AM
+Quote Post
ehsandy
post May 1 2009, 11:27 PM

Guys,
I cannot seem to get connected to LimeWire or any P2P server for MP3 download.
Anyone got a solution for this?
+Quote Post
p4n6
post May 4 2009, 08:06 AM

deodherion

QUOTE(syahpian @ Apr 13 2009, 05:52 PM)
maybe it will void the warranty..  shakehead.gif  shakehead.gif  but i just curious... because router we can change to customize firmware right..  brows.gif  brows.gif  maybe ds300 can oso.. but the hard thing to do is..  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif  to find the right firmware.  tongue.gif  tongue.gif
But if you change the firmware causing your P1 modem to malfunction/ cannot connect, you need to pay for the rest of your contract period without a modem to use or pay RM999 to get another one though. IMHO.

Added on May 4, 2009, 8:07 am
QUOTE(aftersteps @ Apr 23 2009, 01:59 AM)
damn suck keep dc when playing game
Your game DC or your WiMAX connection DC? Just curious.

This post has been edited by p4n6: May 4 2009, 08:07 AM
+Quote Post
owc
post May 4 2009, 03:36 PM

Casual

QUOTE(p4n6 @ May 4 2009, 08:06 AM)
Your game DC or your WiMAX connection DC? Just curious.
The internet connection not stable with high latency will cause your game client dc, game client must every second sync with game server, if it doesn't it's will disconnected. Some will feel very lag and can't control such moving, fighting and so on.

This post has been edited by owc: May 4 2009, 03:42 PM
+Quote Post
mysubang
post May 5 2009, 04:08 PM

I getting high frequency DC at USJ21. I only use for surfing web and email. Any body in USJ21 having the same problem?

Called and email the problem to P1 but no body respond....

Worst then TM and Maxis......
+Quote Post
p4n6
post May 6 2009, 12:19 AM

deodherion

QUOTE(owc @ May 4 2009, 03:36 PM)
The internet connection not stable with high latency will cause your game client dc, game client  must every second sync with game server, if it doesn't it's will disconnected. Some will feel very lag and can't control such moving, fighting and so on.
I used to play online games too, I know game server could be congested too sometimes. Something to ponder.
+Quote Post
ken.lee1
post May 9 2009, 12:22 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(smallvill3 @ Apr 27 2009, 11:44 PM)
I don't know what exactly use for port forwarding on BT because i can get 150kps download speed without port forward.
which torrent software you use ? and which window you use (vista?) ?
+Quote Post
tisumuka
post May 10 2009, 07:56 AM

Getting Started

anybody have problem with signal?yesterday i got this problem. 1 day signal blinking is red.really2 bad.
+Quote Post
Shopboy
post May 14 2009, 10:54 AM

On my way

Hi guys, I'm a new user to P1, this is my second days using it and it was horrible, then I discovered this thread and hope someone can help me before I cancel my subscription.

My question
1) whats port forwarding? why we need to do that?
2) what is port number? why is it important and how to obtain the number?
3) DMZ is firewall? I'm using zone alarm, so if I disable it my zone alarm will still protect my PC right?

Anyone know the answer please reply and you'll have my gratitude, I'm very frustrated with the connection now.
+Quote Post
lin00b
post May 14 2009, 01:29 PM

nobody

correct me if i am wrong

1. portforwarding is used so that outside computers can access your computer. most common use is for p2p and hosting games. does not affect net speed
2. port number is the port used in portforwarding. decided by whatever software you need to forward. eg. warcraft 3 you'll need to forward 6112/6113 if you want to host games
3. dmz is part of the network that is not protected by firewall. generally you dont put any computer there.

conclusion, if you are having slow browsing speed, none of these options will matter. if you are having good browsing speed but bad p2p speed, you need to do some portfowarding.
+Quote Post
Shopboy
post May 15 2009, 12:17 AM

On my way

sweat.gif
QUOTE(lin00b @ May 14 2009, 01:29 PM)
correct me if i am wrong

1. portforwarding is used so that outside computers can access your computer. most common use is for p2p and hosting games. does not affect net speed
2. port number is the port used in portforwarding. decided by whatever software you need to forward. eg. warcraft 3 you'll need to forward 6112/6113 if you want to host games
3. dmz is part of the network that is not protected by firewall. generally you dont put any computer there.

conclusion, if you are having slow browsing speed, none of these options will matter. if you are having good browsing speed but bad p2p speed, you need to do some portfowarding.
Thanks for the promptly reply thumbup.gif thumbup.gif , guess there is nothing I can do about the terrible connection will proceed to cancel end of this week then sweat.gif sweat.gif sweat.gif
+Quote Post
ec_goh
post May 15 2009, 03:42 PM

Casual

Hi guys, I have a problem with the WiMAX + Router.

Previously, I'm able to share the internet to multiple computers.

--> CPE Access Control
Tick > Allow Web to access Wan.

For the new firmware upgrade, I'm not able to tweak that function anymore.

Is there any other way to so that I can tweak this ?

Thank you.
+Quote Post
tartputat
post May 16 2009, 08:35 AM

Casual

i manage to do the port forwarding...
getting better speed for my bittorent..
tq so much for the guide from everybody...

+Quote Post
starapril85
post May 16 2009, 06:13 PM

Hihi.. guy,
I using p1 and i able to set my BT to green light.. (pi wimax sign green)
But my download speed "siao siao de"..
sometime fast, some time slow... mostly of the time just below 15kb/s..
any idea what happen here?
thank you
+Quote Post
Andrew Lim
post May 16 2009, 11:11 PM

My port forwarding settings don't seem to be working anymore.
Anybody else experiencing this? hmm.gif
+Quote Post
tartputat
post May 21 2009, 01:59 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Andrew Lim @ May 16 2009, 11:11 PM)
My port forwarding settings don't seem to be working anymore.
Anybody else experiencing this?  hmm.gif
yesterday i also face the same thing..
but i try to do the same step of port forwarding again..
and the result is good..
i still got green light of my bittorent..
maybe u can try again...
just my feedback.. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
patrickl33
post May 21 2009, 08:32 PM

i try to do port forwarding to tcp 25 80 110 443 but when i try PFPortChecker . 80 is not open. Any idea why? the rest of the ports are fine though
+Quote Post
LEVIATHAN
post May 21 2009, 09:02 PM

Double check the proto on PFPortChecker and the port forwarding setting page. Check UDP on UDP.
+Quote Post
patrickl33
post May 21 2009, 09:12 PM

QUOTE(LEVIATHAN @ May 21 2009, 09:02 PM)
Double check the proto on PFPortChecker and the port forwarding setting page. Check UDP on UDP.
yeah i already check it

Attached Image

Attached Image

Added on May 22, 2009, 10:23 amanyone can help? sad.gif

This post has been edited by patrickl33: May 22 2009, 10:23 AM
+Quote Post
samfa
post May 23 2009, 03:59 AM

Hello, can anyone of you kindly teach me how to port forward for the p2p download step by step? I never do it before and I'm really frustrated of my slow download speed for BT. Thank you very much!!!
+Quote Post
smallvill3
post May 25 2009, 04:15 PM

On my way

QUOTE(ken.lee1 @ May 9 2009, 12:22 PM)
which torrent software you use ? and which window you use (vista?) ?
utorrent (all default setting) and xp.
Well, p2p speed depends on seed and peer i think smile.gif
+Quote Post
steveyan
post May 27 2009, 11:59 AM

I been using P1 for couple of month already, and all this while been playing all different online game and no problem for it. Last 2 day when i wanna play Nostale Global Online where i have no problem playing it for 1 month, but it just cannot get the game patch.

So is this might be my P1 setting? (I never set anything to the Modem before)

Hope someone can point me to the light.

Thanks in advance biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by steveyan: May 27 2009, 04:00 PM
+Quote Post
bluebirdck2
post May 29 2009, 09:56 AM

Getting Started

What is the Outgoing mail (SMTP) for wimax? i set at smtp.wimax.com but it cant work.
+Quote Post
lj0000
post Jun 1 2009, 09:32 AM

Regular

what happend to my speed???
user posted image

Added on June 1, 2009, 10:30 amfixed my problem.... found out its not p1 fault... my router kong liao.

smtp. i dont think p1 got smtp service. pls use a gmail or hotmail account.

This post has been edited by lj0000: Jun 1 2009, 10:30 AM
+Quote Post
winrainbow
post Jun 2 2009, 04:16 PM

i've signed-up P1 Wimax for the third day and get really screwed up with the download speed.

the purpose of signing up P1 and terminating Maxis BB was mainly on the downloading purpose....

however, my thunder and bit comet can hardly move in P1. The 1st 3 minutes when i boot my comp, the downloading speed can boost up till 100k and after 3 mins, the downloading will completely stop or move 1-3k.

i'm using dv-230 modem at the moment, which is the lastest modem from P1. May i know how to do port forwarding for this version of modem which is a bit different from the 1st thread here.....

advance thx for everyone who are willing to help~~~
+Quote Post
LEVIATHAN
post Jun 2 2009, 05:04 PM

http://www.portforward.com/ :-)
+Quote Post
Hamilton
post Jun 3 2009, 05:30 AM

Getting Started

hi, how do I check which port my game is using?
+Quote Post
LEVIATHAN
post Jun 3 2009, 07:22 AM

Either read the manual that comes with the game, or bing for it.
+Quote Post
LoneGuy
post Jun 4 2009, 06:22 AM

Hey guys i really need help on this. I did all the basic stuff and did port forwarding for torrent only.

Take a look.

user posted image

My settings on UTorrent seem fine too...

user posted image

And this is the results....

user posted image

Im cant seem to find the problem. I've read that it could be my firewall blocking it. But my firewall settings are not a fuss so far. Take a look. Not much connection I've set here.

user posted image

Could it be that i should add more connections to my firewall settings or wat? Btw my modem obtains ip address and DNS servers automatically.

Your Help Is Appreciated. notworthy.gif (SORRY FOR THE SMALL PICTURE RESOLUTION) NEW TO IMAGESHACK tongue.gif

This post has been edited by LoneGuy: Jun 4 2009, 06:30 AM
+Quote Post
LEVIATHAN
post Jun 4 2009, 06:46 AM

1. Is your network something like this

PC > Router > P1 Modem

2. In the 1st picture, what's your basis putting 120.141.109.165 in Server IP?
+Quote Post
LoneGuy
post Jun 4 2009, 06:55 AM

Erm nope i do not use a router. I straight connect my modem from my pc and power cable thats all. About the ip address thing, im not suppose to do that? What must i do?
+Quote Post
fatalkeyv
post Jun 5 2009, 12:24 PM

Getting Started

anyone tried port forwarding to get nat 2 on ps3??

just wan to know coz i cant do it till afternoon =P
+Quote Post
peinsama
post Jun 5 2009, 02:16 PM

Au fait

QUOTE(LoneGuy @ Jun 4 2009, 06:55 AM)
Erm nope i do not use a router. I straight connect my modem from my pc and power cable thats all. About the ip address thing, im not suppose to do that? What must i do?
Same problem here. Can't torrent at all.
+Quote Post
Hamilton
post Jun 6 2009, 02:53 AM

Getting Started

From the 1st post, the LAN port and WAN port is same?

By default the DMZ is not ticked, do we need to enable it in order to port forward?
+Quote Post
LEVIATHAN
post Jun 6 2009, 07:25 AM

Afaik,
PC > P1 modem = no port forwarding.
PC > router > P1 modem = yes port forwarding.

This is my example of port forwarding :-)

Take a snail mail analogy for example. You buy something from me, say http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1023739/ XD

1. We decided to post it (say that Mario game) to you, and you gave me you address.
2. Then after packed it nicely, I sent it and a postman helped me with it.
3. The helpful postman arrived at your house, and put it inside your mailbox.
4. You sister checked, and found your package. Decidedly she pass you the package :-)
5. Great success :-)

So I effortlessly sent you the Mario without knowing your exact location (well you are upstairs, behind the locked door watching some petty porn XD). Same case with torrent. Seeder don't know your exact IP as your are behind a router. Seeder only know your modem IP (your home address). Then your sister (the router - who know exactly where you are) helpfully passed it to you.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

LAN IP Address is my router IP, assigned by P1 modem.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Entries in Src Address are empty because I want to allow ANY address to forwarded to me through those specific ports. For example, torrent. I allow any peer/seeder to connect with me on port 6881 only.

From 1st pic, WAN port is my peer/seeder port, LAN port is my router port, and from 2nd pic, Int Port is my PC port.

So WAN Address is (not exactly) needed in snail mail (and torrent - thus I let it empty), and bla bla bla...

Do correct me for any misguided statement :-)
+Quote Post
camron
post Jun 10 2009, 03:36 PM

不能说的秘密

recently i'd found that my p1 network getting slower and slower..
I'd tried to direct plug in the modem into the pc..
the speed is slow... but i'd tried plug into the Router even slower..

the signal bar at 2nd bar.. which is Yellow/Orange color..

+Quote Post
owc
post Jun 13 2009, 12:37 PM

Casual

QUOTE(camron @ Jun 10 2009, 03:36 PM)
recently i'd found that my p1 network getting slower and slower..
I'd tried to direct plug in the modem into the pc..
the speed is slow... but i'd tried plug into the Router even slower..

the signal bar at 2nd bar.. which is Yellow/Orange color..
Iayo full bar also like hell leh!
+Quote Post
vincentlaw
post Jun 14 2009, 02:27 AM

Regular

sry im not sure is this the right place to post this or not.

im new user of p1wimax and i notice that the speed at night (about after 11am) slow like mad compared to other time... its been 3 days (started to use p1wimax 3days ago).Its not for the whole midnight but for afew hours and normal back then happen again... this problem goes the same for both 400kbps/Rm49 package (my friend) and 1.2mbps/RM99 (mine) package. My location is Petaling Jaya Section 16

1. high latency
2. slow response (alot of packet lost)
3. unstable download speed (less than 500kbps for 1.2mbps package)
4. turtlelite upload speed (less than 100kbps for 500kbps upload)

below image is for 1.2mbps package and connection to US
user posted image

user posted image

Anyone experience this?

This post has been edited by vincentlaw: Jun 14 2009, 02:35 AM
+Quote Post
owc
post Jun 14 2009, 06:42 AM

Casual

QUOTE(vincentlaw @ Jun 14 2009, 02:27 AM)

im new user of p1wimax and i notice that the speed at night (about after 11am) slow like mad compared to other time... its been 3 days (started to use p1wimax 3days ago).Its not for the whole midnight but for afew hours and normal back then happen again... this problem goes the same for both 400kbps/Rm49 package (my friend) and 1.2mbps/RM99 (mine) package. My location is Petaling Jaya Section 16

1. high latency

user posted image

user posted image

Anyone experience this?
If you live in PJ better subscribe for DIGI Brodband, my friend use there get 6mbps dow and 1mbps up ++ at PJ
Seem DIGI at PJ only and less people use due to exensive.
Less user, faster.
You are very good luck due to you stay at PJ, but not me!
+Quote Post
vincentlaw
post Jun 14 2009, 02:14 PM

Regular

QUOTE(owc @ Jun 14 2009, 06:42 AM)
If you live in PJ better subscribe for DIGI Brodband, my friend use there get 6mbps dow and 1mbps up ++ at PJ
Less user, faster.
im quite heavy internet user so DIGI low Fair share limit will be a real limit to me.... i guess i can finish it within few days....

This post has been edited by vincentlaw: Jun 14 2009, 10:50 PM
+Quote Post
william_lim
post Jun 16 2009, 01:06 AM

I'm just subscribe for 1.2mbps/RM99 - home plus package. My location is wangsa maju.
below image is speedtest result
user posted image
Attached Image
For my personal view, internet speed very dependency with the area and how many subscriber at that area. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by william_lim: Jun 16 2009, 01:13 AM
+Quote Post
aceh
post Jun 17 2009, 02:21 PM

QUOTE(LEVIATHAN @ Jun 6 2009, 07:25 AM)
Afaik,
PC > P1 modem = no port forwarding.
PC > router > P1 modem = yes port forwarding.
mine PC>p1 modem, from ur posting is that mean NOTHING can be done to open up port?

cry.gif i wanna do some torrent-ing
+Quote Post
Defcon
post Jun 17 2009, 10:20 PM

QUOTE(vincentlaw @ Jun 14 2009, 02:27 AM)

1. high latency

user posted image

user posted image

Anyone experience this?
My house from base station/that P1 antenna radio just +/-700m and everyday when i got to my office i can see that damn thing on the roof. I stay at Taipan USJ. Last day i call P1 call center asking status of my previous unsolved issue. Almost 2 month ago i lodged a complaint, but sound like P1 doesn't seriously handle my chase. So i ask what is my report number? Because i plan make a report to MCMC. That call center refuse to give it, said that's a procedure cant give a report number. So today i make a report http://aduan.skmm.gov.my/ without my report number, just give my account number. All the rest, just wish i can get something feedback there.

Erm.

QUOTE(owc @ Jun 14 2009, 06:42 AM)
Less user, faster.
No more luck at all
+Quote Post
HeHeHunter
post Jun 17 2009, 10:37 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Defcon @ Jun 17 2009, 10:20 PM)
My house from base station/that P1 antenna radio just +/-700m and everyday when i got to my office i can see that damn thing on the roof. I stay at Taipan USJ. Last day i call P1 call center asking status of my previous unsolved issue. Almost 2 month ago i lodged a complaint, but sound like P1 doesn't seriously handle my chase. So i ask what is my report number? Because i plan make a report to MCMC. That call center refuse to give it, said that's a procedure cant give a report number. So today i make a report http://aduan.skmm.gov.my/ without my report number, just give my account number. All the rest, just wish i can get something feedback there.

Erm.
No more luck at all
You're supposed to be given a report number so that you can check on the status. Or did I just screw up with that where only screamyx will give report number?
+Quote Post
Defcon
post Jun 18 2009, 12:08 AM

QUOTE(HeHeHunter @ Jun 17 2009, 10:37 PM)
You're supposed to be given a report number so that you can check on the status. Or did I just screw up with that where only screamyx will give report number?
That call center refuse to give it. I already requested via phone call begging for that number. Erm, have anyone?
+Quote Post
HeHeHunter
post Jun 18 2009, 11:04 AM

Casual

QUOTE(aceh @ Jun 17 2009, 02:21 PM)
mine PC>p1 modem, from ur posting is that mean NOTHING can be done to open up port?

cry.gif i wanna do some torrent-ing
There's a support help here.

http://www.p1.com.my/support/support_techelp.aspx
+Quote Post
aceh
post Jun 19 2009, 02:37 PM

QUOTE(HeHeHunter @ Jun 18 2009, 11:04 AM)
aiyyaaaa, i still cannot open my port.

for LAN IP add,i have to insert the last 3 digits? icon_question.gif

how to determine port no? i can't use 12345 as my port because Port 12345 does not appear to be open.

Added on June 19, 2009, 8:25 pmI give up...surrender, no more port forwarding...

i followed step by step
http://www.p1.com.my/support/support_techelp.aspx,

and after reboot, i can't access to web. got page load error with the green light on. it took me about 10 minutes, finally everything back to normal.

am sweating like helll, takut okk...

This post has been edited by aceh: Jun 19 2009, 08:25 PM
+Quote Post
lambertlai
post Jun 24 2009, 12:44 AM

Casual

Hallo, may i know my setting is correct or not?
I setting up my cctv dvr system view from internet..

This post has been edited by lambertlai: Jun 24 2009, 12:45 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
pizza0502
post Jun 25 2009, 10:47 AM

Getting Started

hi, i want to ask is...after we done those configuration the p1wimax speed will faster right?
but if the speed faster means we will reach our fair usage limit faster too right?
is there any way or trick to reset the fair usage limit?
+Quote Post
stasio
post Jun 25 2009, 11:23 AM

10k Club

QUOTE(pizza0502 @ Jun 25 2009, 10:47 AM)
hi, i want to ask is...after we done those configuration the p1wimax speed will faster right?
but if the speed faster means we will reach our fair usage limit faster too right?
is there any way or trick to reset the fair usage limit?
This is only for download(limit) biggrin.gif
It's nothing with speed.

This post has been edited by stasio: Jun 25 2009, 11:24 AM
+Quote Post
genryou
post Jun 26 2009, 11:48 AM

Problem

-I,m planning to pay my WIMAX bill using CimbClicks, when I try to add P1 WIMAX to my bill, they ask for "Customer Account"

so, this customer account refer to P1 WIMAX account or my Bill Account? which one should I put?

Thanks in advance.

+Quote Post
Lowyat_P1W1MAX
post Jun 26 2009, 04:40 PM

QUOTE(genryou @ Jun 26 2009, 11:48 AM)
Problem

-I,m planning to pay my WIMAX bill using CimbClicks, when I try to add P1 WIMAX to my bill, they ask for "Customer Account"

so, this customer account refer to P1 WIMAX account or my Bill Account? which one should I put?

Thanks in advance.
Hi genryou,

It would be your Wimax Account.

Regards,
Packet One Team
+Quote Post
srawrats
post Jun 27 2009, 11:36 AM

my speed at putra perdana and aman putra puchong.

what's your excuse p1?

u want much more details? pm me.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
HeHeHunter
post Jun 28 2009, 07:47 PM

Casual

QUOTE(srawrats @ Jun 27 2009, 11:36 AM)
my speed at putra perdana and aman putra puchong.

what's your excuse p1?

u want much more details? pm me.
You torrenting is it?
+Quote Post
fizziscool
post Jun 30 2009, 12:34 PM

hye i dont really know where to post this, but i guess i start here.

i currently using p1 and i using it for my ps3 and its work fine but i cant play winning eleven 2009 on9 but when i try using stremxy it work. other game i play on9 with p1 work fine but only winning eleven 2009.

please could anyone help...

thanks.
+Quote Post
nonoldo
post Jun 30 2009, 01:16 PM

QUOTE(fizziscool @ Jun 30 2009, 12:34 PM)
hye i dont really know where to post this, but i guess i start here.

i currently using p1 and i using it for my ps3 and its work fine but i cant play winning eleven 2009 on9 but when i try using stremxy it work. other game i play on9 with p1 work fine but only winning eleven 2009.

please could anyone help...

thanks.
pls do port forward. refer page 1. for port number u can check at ps3 thread or ps3 manual. smile.gif
+Quote Post
fizziscool
post Jul 1 2009, 12:04 AM

how can i find my ps3 ip?
+Quote Post
lankutu
post Jul 1 2009, 11:36 AM

On my way

QUOTE(fizziscool @ Jul 1 2009, 12:04 AM)
how can i find my ps3 ip?
go to setting then find network setting...

+Quote Post
fizziscool
post Jul 2 2009, 02:09 AM

QUOTE(nonoldo @ Jun 30 2009, 01:16 PM)
pls do port forward. refer page 1. for port number u can check at ps3 thread or ps3 manual.  smile.gif
i try it but still cant play we2009. anyone try playing we2009 online using p1wimax?
+Quote Post
nonoldo
post Jul 2 2009, 06:52 AM

QUOTE(fizziscool @ Jul 2 2009, 02:09 AM)
i try it but still cant play we2009. anyone try playing we2009 online using p1wimax?
Can, but soo lag until i dont want to play we09 online anymore. rclxub.gif
+Quote Post
fizziscool
post Jul 2 2009, 11:27 AM

QUOTE(nonoldo @ Jul 2 2009, 06:52 AM)
Can, but soo lag until i dont want to play we09 online anymore.  rclxub.gif
could me please teach me the step by step to how u set the p1 wimax dmz setting? icon_question.gif

couse i did check my ps3 ip, and i put it on the p1 dmz setting and still i cant play.

and can u please show me also how to do the manual network setting on ps3 cause when i go to ip setting what number should i put there and do i have to put the number for the rest of the list there.

thanks.

sory im not so bright on this tongue.gif
+Quote Post
loldog
post Jul 16 2009, 09:58 AM

hey bro is there any way to open the nat type using p1 modem when playing xbox 360 or ps3?
+Quote Post
lankutu
post Jul 27 2009, 02:52 PM

On my way

QUOTE(loldog @ Jul 16 2009, 09:58 AM)
hey bro is there any way to open the nat type using p1 modem when playing xbox 360 or ps3?
nope...with P1 you always get NAT3...trying to configure last time..but failed..always get NAT3..
end up with terminate P1 and subscribe streamyx..
+Quote Post
thangasilan
post Jul 28 2009, 10:23 AM

anyone know about new package from p1 no charges for RM100 registration & RM60 activation? pls update me, i'm thinking of signing p1.
+Quote Post
qkchuah
post Aug 5 2009, 10:00 AM

Getting Started

Hi Packet One Team,
I have complain to your customer service on slow speed from June till now. But customer service mention network upgrading and test after 3/8/09.On 3/8/09,the speed is still the same.Attach are the speed test.What is your comment and solution?[attachmentid=1119716][attachmentid=1119716][attachmentid=1119717][attachmentid=1119718][attachmentid=1119719][attachmentid=1119720][attachmentid=1119721][attachmentid=1119722]

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

This post has been edited by qkchuah: Aug 5 2009, 10:01 AM
+Quote Post
asuran_zara
post Aug 5 2009, 04:17 PM

how do u guys usually pay the bills...i'm newbie of P1...just got the ds 300 yesterday...activated yesterday also...i have cimbclicks.com....but how to pay i have no idea...anyone who pay with the same method? can explain from step one....? thanx...
+Quote Post
druck7
post Aug 7 2009, 10:22 AM

anyone experienced p1 is begin to be unstabil this day..

i'm using the office package in larkin jb area.. last two weeks my connection is very good.. always in green mode but between in this two weeks its slow like hell.. and the green light also always change to orange/yellow.. eventhough i'm not moving the ds300 a bit.. its still change n change and the speed also if b4 this i can get 2.0mbp for the test speed but now my speed is 1.2- or below.. suppose to be my current speed is 2.4mbp.. haiyyaahhh very2 bad..
+Quote Post
theraving
post Aug 12 2009, 10:11 PM

P1 is really slow lately..can someone from P1 respond to this matter..i need to work at home and with the slow speed i cant finish my work.. sweat.gif

Added on August 12, 2009, 10:58 pm
QUOTE(asuran_zara @ Aug 5 2009, 04:17 PM)
how do u guys usually pay the bills...i'm newbie of P1...just got the ds 300 yesterday...activated yesterday also...i have cimbclicks.com....but how to pay i have no idea...anyone who pay with the same method? can explain from step one....? thanx...
hey, u can actually pay using online banking or credit card..if u are using cimbclicks follow the steps below

click > transfer fund > Payment from (ur acc) > Payment to (Payee list : select P1.com Sdn Bhd) > Customer acc no (ur P1 acc num)

> Customer invoice no ( the bill num)

hope this help..
smile.gif

This post has been edited by theraving: Aug 12 2009, 10:58 PM
+Quote Post
stimix
post Aug 14 2009, 08:39 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

Is P{1 downed in Puchong area? Connection cut-off since midnite Y'day..Called them but no one. & the website too can't access at all?
+Quote Post
Mr_47
post Aug 16 2009, 01:01 AM

***NOT MODERATOR *** Post : +10,000,000,00 Warn: 100%

Physical Status
RSSI: -64.63dBm
CINR: 29.34/28.12(R3/R1)dB
TX power: 7dBm

gud or not?

any better?

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
wan_lo
post Aug 17 2009, 03:09 PM

Getting Started

from 5 stars.... i only give 1/2 star only..
to all customers p1 , what should we do to make p1 hear our voice ??

+Quote Post
r4ydc24
post Aug 17 2009, 10:13 PM

Level of Noobness

guys, izzit juz me, or everyone here can't upload any photos to flickr using w1max connection?

(sorry, not sure where to post this kinda question~)
+Quote Post
Icehart
post Aug 17 2009, 10:51 PM

QUOTE(stimix @ Aug 14 2009, 08:39 AM)
Is P{1 downed in Puchong area? Connection cut-off since midnite Y'day..Called them but no one. & the website too can't access at all?
Yes, it seems so but everything seems to be working now.

QUOTE(Mr_47 @ Aug 16 2009, 01:01 AM)
Physical Status
RSSI:  -64.63dBm
CINR:  29.34/28.12(R3/R1)dB
TX power: 7dBm

gud or not?

any better?

Quite good based on comparison to what I am getting. I have almost the same RSSI and CINR but higher Tx power compared to yours. I can surf faster and smoother than Streamyx. smile.gif

+Quote Post
haXker
post Aug 20 2009, 10:13 AM

hello P1 rep,

y does your network very slow lately ha?? always no connection after 1-2am till 7am even the LED shows green signal.
im staying at Desa Latania Sksn 36 s.alam. last month very ok. what's wrong? pls advise or help me trouble shoot. cry.gif
+Quote Post
mizer
post Aug 24 2009, 10:37 PM

Casual

what settings should be done so that i can use network switch to connect my ps3 and pc ?
thanks =)

*here's a couple of screen shot.
wonder why is mine diff than the TS's 1 ?

Attached Image
Attached Image

This post has been edited by mizer: Aug 24 2009, 10:43 PM
+Quote Post
lj0000
post Aug 24 2009, 11:10 PM

Regular

anybody use italkbuddy here? its the cheap calling method that uses italk credit.

my trouble:
can log in, can dial, i cannot hear the other party. the other party can hear me.

already opened all ports, even dmz it. tried direct connect, tried wifi.

tested with streamyx without any trouble.
+Quote Post
jolipoli81
post Sep 4 2009, 12:39 AM

Danny

I use to hate P1 so much, cursing it everyday!!
until i read this post and relocate my p1 modem, now it is working like a charm!
torrent could reach as high as 130+kB/s

best result, yet

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
darude87
post Sep 5 2009, 11:33 PM

hhhoooiii!!!

do we need to do port forward in order for torrent to work? yest i left my torrent overnight and it doesn't move at all, i'm using DS300
+Quote Post
kaka_89
post Sep 15 2009, 10:05 PM

Casual

my p1 wimax becomes slower and slower la... cry.gif cry.gif ..

is the download and upload limit it the factor that affect the connection speed..??

what happens if i exceeded the limit..??...anything happens to the speed or not... hmm.gif hmm.gif ...

user posted image
+Quote Post
erisx
post Sep 16 2009, 10:25 AM

i can't access to internet since last 2 days..anyone facing same problem with me?..even my signal is green but i can't surf the net. so frustrating..

can anyone explained about it..i dun think i hav issue with my payment since i paid it every month..
+Quote Post
Monkey King
post Sep 16 2009, 06:52 PM

Autoparts Trader

QUOTE(erisx @ Sep 16 2009, 10:25 AM)
i can't access to internet since last 2 days..anyone facing same problem with me?..even my signal is green but i can't surf the net. so frustrating..

can anyone explained about it..i dun think i hav issue with my payment since i paid it every month..
its the P1 service interruption around setapak Area, 24 hours since 15/9 12PM till 16th/9 12PM
+Quote Post
johnkor
post Sep 22 2009, 05:36 PM

HONDA CR-Z Tuned BY 無限 | MUGEN

sri petaling area damn bad and very congested , i am getting a 384kps slow like hell !
+Quote Post
C-Note
post Sep 23 2009, 01:11 AM

starry starry night

Wtf. And i thought the chinese were better
+Quote Post
CHUNGSIN
post Sep 23 2009, 07:52 PM

HI, I JUST SIGNED UP P1 3 DAYS AGO, CAN SOMEONE HELP TO SETUP THE P1 MODEM WITH MY BELKIN ROUNTER?

THANK YOU, IF SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP. URGENT!!!!

+Quote Post
red277
post Sep 25 2009, 04:07 AM

Getting Started

f*** lar just apply p1 before raya lag like hell dl speed from mu,rapid,sendspace and so on onli gettin 20++kbps. i tot p1 supose to be fast damm it
+Quote Post
trade_mark
post Sep 27 2009, 02:51 AM

QUOTE(yong888 @ Mar 10 2009, 06:11 PM)
I think you'll need to 2 port forwarding,
1.) Port forward from wimax modem to router (IP : 10.1.1.1) because P1 modem itself is router
2.) port forward from Router to your PC (192.168.2.2)

Added on March 10, 2009, 7:50 pm

Wow ~ -39.81 consider very very signal  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif

Added on March 10, 2009, 7:51 pmguys.... username and password posted, enjoy ~
Dear yong888, may i know how to portforward from wimax to router then port forward router to pc? i have tried portofrward.com however uTorrent still say that port is not open. cry.gif

Any guide will be very much appreciate. smile.gif
+Quote Post
yoshi86
post Sep 28 2009, 02:32 AM