6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom
Bump TopicClosed TopicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Folding Bicycle like...........Dahon?, Any Idea..??? Please contribute.. Thx

kethon27
post Jan 9 2009, 12:56 PM, updated 10y ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hi... Im looking for folding bicycle, does anyone owning one??? I found one at LeRun for the brand Dahon but.....their starting price is RM899.. Need that expensive meh??? (budget around RM500)
Will appreciate is anyone able to provide some ideas, opinion, retailer shore regarding folding bicyle.
It is very convenient you can swap this thing into your car boot and cycle anytime anywhere..

Unfold
user posted image

Folded
user posted image

Here are some of the website: Dahon & Polygon Bike

Thanks...
sniper on the roof
post Jan 9 2009, 01:18 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Group: VIP

RM899 for a Dahon is considered to be VERY VERY VERY cheap. In Taiwan, the prices starts from ~RM1.2K for a Boardwalk tongue.gif

There's a lot of capalang folding bikes (not sure about Malaysia.. I'm located in taiwan) out there but I don't recommend them. They're a b1tch to ride and could even be downright dangerous as the joints can be loose and the whole bike feels like its gonna brake anytime. Just doesn't inspire confidence.

Here's some of my fav's.

Best cheapo folder
--> Giant Halfway/ Dahon D7

Best go fast fast folder
--> KHS F20 T3 (but the folding size is big) or the expensive RM Birdy.

Best folder period
--> Bromptons (but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)

My wife's Giant Halfway.

user posted image
kethon27
post Jan 9 2009, 03:12 PM

Getting Started

Wow..
You own giant also.... That is good brand good quality..
You have your point..sound rational for those brandless bike might have their bike's the joints can be loose anytime...

The RM899 is starting price does not mean they selling that price..
Im looking forward for Curve D3 selling at RM1499(Die~ rclxub.gif )

How is the folding process??? complicated? friendly?

So you are Malaysian in Taiwan... My fren keep promoting how great the "Open-minded-ness" in Taiwan...People seems more civilized compare to Msia (according to her) sweat.gif

Any one out there can provide more info or perhaps show off a little your ride...? Thanks tongue.gif
sniper on the roof
post Jan 9 2009, 06:44 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon

QUOTE(kethon27 @ Jan 9 2009, 03:12 PM)
Wow..
You own giant also.... That is good brand good quality..
You have your point..sound rational for those brandless bike might have their bike's the joints can be loose anytime...

The RM899 is starting price does not mean they selling that price..
Im looking forward for Curve D3 selling at RM1499(Die~  rclxub.gif )

How is the folding process??? complicated? friendly?

So you are Malaysian in Taiwan... My fren keep promoting how great the "Open-minded-ness" in Taiwan...People seems more civilized compare to Msia  (according to her) sweat.gif

Any one out there can provide more info or perhaps show off a little your ride...? Thanks  tongue.gif
The Dahon's and Halfways are considered 15sec folders which means you can fold it in less than 15sec.

Both area extremely easy to fold.. my wife also can do it with her eyes closed.

Anyway, there's folding bikes here that starts from ~RM300 onwards and I've tried riding some of them. It's scary lor.

sniper on the roof
post Jan 10 2009, 01:02 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon

It's not my ride actually... it's my wife's. We had some minor changes like upgrading the brakes (this is a must for the 2008 and earlier model), change the rear deraileur, a 11T cassette (she manages 35kmph on flat ground with this) and some continental sports contact.

Attached Image

Fits nicely between the washing machine and the wall
Attached Image
Tomtukker
post Feb 4 2009, 05:26 PM

Group: Newbie

Hi!

I'm looking for a folding bicycle in KL as well.

Kethon, in which branch of LeRun did you find the Dahon?

Already bought one? Any good?

Let me know!

Cheers,

Tom
evocom
post Feb 19 2009, 10:44 AM

Getting Started

HI,

Pls share with me if anyone know about folding bike in Penang, Malaysia... I want to buy one...

Thanks,
TechnoDude94
post Feb 21 2009, 11:54 AM

Learn • Love • Eat • Train • Sleep
Group: Senior Member

Please visit Rodalink @ Bangsar for more information on Dahon-foldable bikes. Btw, I've seen two Dahon bikes there (in the shop) when I cycled passed the shop which is located opposite my house.
keeekeee
post Apr 1 2009, 10:51 AM

Regular

QUOTE(TechnoDude94 @ Feb 21 2009, 11:54 AM)
Please visit Rodalink @ Bangsar for more information on Dahon-foldable bikes. Btw, I've seen two Dahon bikes there (in the shop) when I cycled passed the shop which is located opposite my house.
yeah i bought my bicycle there also ... now also thinking folding type one .... my bicycle too big! cant put inside my car sad.gif need van to send it to repair sad.gif my tires are gone sad.gif wanna replace with off road one sad.gif dun know can go buy and replace myself ... anyidea? easy to replace it like our car? sad.gif
sniper on the roof
post Apr 1 2009, 11:06 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon

QUOTE(keeekeee @ Apr 1 2009, 10:51 AM)
yeah i bought my bicycle there also ... now also thinking folding type one .... my bicycle too big! cant put inside my car  sad.gif  need van to send it to repair  sad.gif  my tires are gone sad.gif  wanna replace with off road one  sad.gif  dun know can go buy and replace myself ... anyidea? easy to replace it like our car?  sad.gif
What bicycle do you ride?

If you just want to replace the tires.. just bring the wheel to the shop ler.

If you want to bring your bike to jalan jalan in another state or whatever, you can also remove the wheels and chuck it at the back of your car.

user posted image

Of course, this means there's no space left for passengers tongue.gif

I can fit my MTB into the rear passenger seats, its wheels in the boot AND a Halfway folding bike into a Toyota Vios.
keeekeee
post Apr 3 2009, 10:57 AM

Regular

QUOTE(sniper on the roof @ Apr 1 2009, 11:06 AM)
What bicycle do you ride?

If you just want to replace the tires.. just bring the wheel to the shop ler.

If you want to bring your bike to jalan jalan in another state or whatever, you can also remove the wheels and chuck it at the back of your car.

user posted image

Of course, this means there's no space left for passengers tongue.gif

I can fit my MTB into the rear passenger seats, its wheels in the boot AND a Halfway folding bike into a Toyota Vios.
this is what i got HEIST 700C
user posted image

can i replace bigger tires ar? smile.gif dun u worry the bicyce might scratches ya leather seats ar? sad.gif

CreamMilk
post Apr 15 2009, 05:21 PM

Casual

Anybody interested and actually bought the folding bike in KL? I am verrryyyy interested, becos kena racun after came back from Taiwan travel.
sniper on the roof
post Apr 15 2009, 08:29 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon

QUOTE(keeekeee @ Apr 3 2009, 10:57 AM)
this is what i got HEIST 700C
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

can i replace bigger tires ar? smile.gif  dun u worry the bicyce might scratches ya leather seats ar?  sad.gif
You meant fatter tires issit? Yours already quite thick for 700c

No worries... the drivatrain is facing outside so won't scratch.

QUOTE(CreamMilk @ Apr 15 2009, 05:21 PM)
Anybody interested and actually bought the folding bike in KL? I am verrryyyy interested, becos kena racun after came back from Taiwan travel.
You should've brought one back tongue.gif
CreamMilk
post Apr 15 2009, 11:04 PM

Casual

QUOTE(sniper on the roof @ Apr 15 2009, 08:29 PM)
You meant fatter tires issit? Yours already quite thick for 700c

No worries... the drivatrain is facing outside so won't scratch.
You should've brought one back tongue.gif
ya....very regret right now cry.gif
sniper on the roof
post Apr 16 2009, 01:01 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon

This is a bit on the heavy side but its darn cool

Pacific cycle's IF Mode 26" folder.

http://www.pacific-cycles.com/product3.asp...=1&cat2=4&pid=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&v=jJr7JRAe70c&gl=US

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD2lFgMfh2k
JustRetro
post May 18 2009, 08:44 PM

any 1 who want to buy any mountain bike part please find me i got sell. cheers and BMX free style. please let me know ya...Cheers kenny ong
dysphasic
post May 24 2009, 01:49 PM

QUOTE(TechnoDude94 @ Feb 21 2009, 11:54 AM)
yeah, the shop in bangsar is pretty well stocked although speed p8's are being sold like hotcakes. i called the shop asking about a red speed p8, and they had one yesterday morning. when i got there, after lunch, it was already sold! vmad.gif vmad.gif vmad.gif i ended up buying a mu p8 in dark blue instead.

regarding cheap folding bikes: i saw a cheap-ass one in rodalink for 799rm. i forgot the brand, but you might want to call them to ask for more details. if i were you though, i'd save up to buy the curve. it has better quality. you can also check out the JZ88 folding bikes in singapore. they're locally made so i think they might be cheaper. plus, they fold up like a shopping cart.
sniper on the roof
post May 24 2009, 02:15 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon

Come come... show us ur MU

The Speed has better ride qualities but its heavier and you need to maintain the steel frame from rusting inside... so in a way, good also la if you got the Mu instead.

This post has been edited by sniper on the roof: May 24 2009, 06:02 PM
dysphasic
post May 26 2009, 04:00 PM

QUOTE(sniper on the roof @ May 24 2009, 02:15 PM)
Come come... show us ur MU

The Speed has better ride qualities but its heavier and you need to maintain the steel frame from rusting inside... so in a way, good also la if you got the Mu instead.
pictures? okidoki.

user posted image

here it is folded at home.

this is the mu when i took it out to the sri petaling park. kind of a stupid idea really, as a entrance from the LRT side had an incline of 30 degrees uphill. i THOUGHT i could ride my bike on it (yeah right), i ended up pushing my bike up to the top just to get pictures of my bike on grass. lol

user posted image

funny thing about this bike is that i'm only 4'11 and practically the minimum height size to ride this. all the reviews online are made by foreigners who are big and burly so they say this bike is SMALL, but on me, this bike is FULL SIZED. rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif hahaha. i love it though.
sniper on the roof
post May 26 2009, 05:02 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon

Just a suggestion but I think you could try to lower down the handlebar height and increase the seatpost height a lil. That would help improve pedalling efficiency and climbing.

http://www.jimlangley.net/crank/bikefit.html

dysphasic
post May 26 2009, 05:10 PM

QUOTE(sniper on the roof @ May 26 2009, 05:02 PM)
Just a suggestion but I think you could try to lower down the handlebar height and increase the seatpost height a lil. That would help improve pedalling efficiency and climbing.

http://www.jimlangley.net/crank/bikefit.html
sorry. that was a crappy picture. i folded it when i got on top because i was reading my book and i wanted the bike out of the sun. this shot was taken right before i planned to get down again, hence the wrong saddle height etc. tongue.gif thanks for the suggestion though.
MTBPRO
post May 28 2009, 04:43 PM

Hi i'm selling bicycle part if any one interested please let me know this is my blog. http://mtbpros2.blogspot.com/
mousepad87
post May 28 2009, 08:09 PM

up for grab. Rm500. imported from japan and still good condition
user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by mousepad87: May 28 2009, 08:10 PM
ahcheap
post May 28 2009, 11:20 PM

TM UniFi/Streamyx Reseller

i wonder where can i get foldable bicyle in KL area?
kethon27
post Jun 1 2009, 07:37 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(dysphasic @ May 24 2009, 01:49 PM)
yeah, the shop in bangsar is pretty well stocked although speed p8's are being sold like hotcakes. i called the shop asking about a red speed p8, and they had one yesterday morning. when i got there, after lunch, it was already sold!  vmad.gif  vmad.gif  vmad.gif i ended up buying a mu p8 in dark blue instead.

regarding cheap folding bikes: i saw a cheap-ass one in rodalink for 799rm. i forgot the brand, but you might want to call them to ask for more details. if i were you though, i'd save up to buy the curve. it has better quality. you can also check out the JZ88 folding bikes in singapore. they're locally made so i think they might be cheaper. plus, they fold up like a shopping cart.
How much you bought your mu-P8? Besides the weight and design Speed -P8 and mu-P8 ... all looks the same only... i prefer mu-P8 for the nice curve design...
sniper on the roof
post Jun 1 2009, 08:34 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon

QUOTE(kethon27 @ Jun 1 2009, 07:37 PM)
How much you bought your mu-P8? Besides the weight and design Speed -P8 and mu-P8 ... all looks the same only... i prefer mu-P8 for the nice curve design...
Speed P8 is cromoly frame while the Mu is aluminum. The Speed should "ride" better ...less vibration but heavier and risk of rusting.
Brianette
post Jun 2 2009, 06:59 PM

Getting Started

where to get dark blue mu p8 in pj or kl areas???????? how much exactly, damn i kena racun d !!
MTBPRO
post Jun 3 2009, 03:23 PM

Hi guys, I'm currently doing my own online business. I'm selling bicycle and also it's accesories and parts. Kindly visit my blog http://mtbpros2.blogspot.com . For enquiries, you may email me at mtbpros@gmail.com or add me at my msn mtbpro@hotmail.com
Brianette
post Jun 4 2009, 11:59 AM

Getting Started

sigh this forum not efficient at all , nobody reply wan sien
dysphasic
post Jun 4 2009, 01:47 PM

QUOTE(kethon27 @ Jun 1 2009, 07:37 PM)
I got mine for 2k+. It's really being sold for 2.3k but you can ask for discounts. rclxms.gif

In terms of differences, I guess it's really about the bike parts. I wanted the Speed P8 because if the specifics (Big Apple tires, chromoly frame) but the Mu p8 was one of my top options.

It's better to have a list of bikes you like and then go to the shop to test ride them all so that you can see exactly what feels better for you to ride. icon_rolleyes.gif

Added on June 4, 2009, 1:48 pm
QUOTE(Brianette @ Jun 2 2009, 06:59 PM)
where to get dark blue mu p8 in pj or kl areas???????? how much exactly, damn i kena racun d !!
rodalink bangsar. the main branch is in puchong. call them first to ask if they have stock of bikes and in what colors so you don't go to the shop for nothing.

This post has been edited by dysphasic: Jun 4 2009, 01:48 PM
sniper on the roof
post Jun 4 2009, 02:52 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon

QUOTE(dysphasic @ Jun 4 2009, 01:47 PM)
In terms of differences, I guess it's really about the bike parts. I wanted the Speed P8 because if the specifics (Big Apple tires, chromoly frame) but the Mu p8 was one of my top options.
I used to run 1.25 conti's and wanted to change to Big Apples for better comfort... the boss recommended 20x2.0 Cheng Sin tyres which I was skeptical initially.. but at the end, it turned out better than expected. Good grip in the wet and rolls quite well too. Best of all... it's cheap

surfsmurf
post Jun 4 2009, 03:18 PM

Getting Started

speed p8 and mu p8 same price ?
dysphasic
post Jun 4 2009, 03:29 PM

QUOTE(sniper on the roof @ Jun 4 2009, 02:52 PM)
I used to run 1.25 conti's and wanted to change to Big Apples for better comfort... the boss recommended 20x2.0 Cheng Sin tyres which I was skeptical initially.. but at the end, it turned out better than expected. Good grip in the wet and rolls quite well too. Best of all... it's cheap
really? hmmm... i might wait for my current tires to wear out first. don't want unnecessary expenses so soon. hehehe.

btw, i'm also interested in getting a microfolding bike since the mup8 is kinda large and bulky for me (the size of a small full sized bike) and i have a hard time carting it around when folded. have you ever heard about Pacific Bike's Carry Me? it folds thin and long on 8 inch wheels. it looks awesome.

user posted image
user posted image

they're the same makers as birdy and airnimal so i trust them. i'm off to singapore this weekend to check them out. hopefully, if they fit me right, i might come back to KL with one. icon_idea.gif

sniper on the roof
post Jun 4 2009, 10:13 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon

QUOTE(dysphasic @ Jun 4 2009, 03:29 PM)
really? hmmm... i might wait for my current tires to wear out first. don't want unnecessary expenses so soon. hehehe.

btw, i'm also interested in getting a microfolding bike since the mup8 is kinda large and bulky for me (the size of a small full sized bike) and i have a hard time carting it around when folded. have you ever heard about Pacific Bike's Carry Me? it folds thin and long on 8 inch wheels. it looks awesome.

user posted image
user posted image
they're the same makers as birdy and airnimal so i trust them. i'm off to singapore this weekend to check them out. hopefully, if they fit me right, i might come back to KL with one.  icon_idea.gif
I tried that before and frankly.. I rather be rollerblading tongue.gif

It's too "circus bear".

If its carting about that you're after, Brompton lor... fold the rear stays and push it around.

dysphasic
post Jun 4 2009, 11:06 PM

QUOTE(sniper on the roof @ Jun 4 2009, 10:13 PM)
I tried that before and frankly.. I rather be rollerblading tongue.gif

It's too "circus bear".

If its carting about that you're after, Brompton lor... fold the rear stays and push it around.
do you feel like a circus bear because you're tall? i'm really short (4'11) so it might be sort of ok sized on me. but we'll see. tongue.gif and honestly, a brompton is expensive for a 2nd bike!!!
garytanyh
post Jun 10 2009, 11:02 PM

Any one here know where to get KHS T3 or T33 in Malaysia or singapore???
sniper on the roof
post Jun 12 2009, 01:01 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon

QUOTE(garytanyh @ Jun 10 2009, 11:02 PM)
Any one here know where to get KHS T3 or T33 in Malaysia or singapore???
I think that's quite difficult as T3 is produced mainly for the Taiwanese market.

Added on June 13, 2009, 11:00 pmSince my wife won't be riding for the next year or so (will probably get her a new bike) so I've made some small unnoticeable modifications to my
Giant Halfway 07.

Here's how she looks like now:

user posted image

user posted image

Fitted the wider 580mm flat bar from my mtb.... better control than the stock 560mm low riser. Climbs better too as the front's now lower

user posted image

Changed the grips to biologic ones... cheap and cheerful. The shape is better for long rides as it minimizes numbness. And of course, there's the essential bell

user posted image

Fitted a 11-30T freewheel ... the stock Halfway is seriously undergeared (14T only). This allows for a higher top speed. A long cage Deore rear mech from my MTB is also added

user posted image

Also changed the "sofa" type saddle to my pre-loved WTB Rocket V (best bang for buck saddle ever created) from my MTB

user posted image

Lastly, also changed the slippery and heavy stock folding pedal to these.... Wellgo's new QRD-M079 pedals with quick release. Can easy remove the pedal when buying a quick drink in 7-11 to avoid ppl riding away with your bike. It's also so grippy enough that I'm considering changing my MTB's pedal to these as well

user posted image

This post has been edited by sniper on the roof: Jun 13 2009, 11:00 PM
mad4419
post Jul 24 2009, 03:57 PM

Getting Started

hi, verry interesting la... any sugesstion where to buy this kind of folding bike in kl or selangor(can somebody give a shop full adress)?
hilaryferra
post Aug 16 2009, 12:30 PM

hi..i am mainly travelling between taiwan, china...i wondering should i buy either GIANT or DAHON foldable bike in taiwan, china or in malaysia? any one any idea which place is cheaper?

thanks
sniper on the roof
post Aug 16 2009, 01:54 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon

QUOTE(hilaryferra @ Aug 16 2009, 12:30 PM)
hi..i am mainly travelling between taiwan, china...i wondering should i buy either GIANT or DAHON foldable bike in taiwan, china or in malaysia? any one any idea which place is cheaper?

thanks
For GIANT, Taiwan's cheaper. You can refer to the prices on the link below.. as for where to buy, there's loadsa Giant shops all over Taiwan so just ask the hotel or taxi driver which is the nearest to you. The prices are pretty much fixed as well, no discounts except for 10% off to be spent on accessories.

Ex: NTD10,000 bike... pay NTD10,000 and get NTD1000 worth of accessories of your choice.

http://www.dy.com.tw/catalog/index.php?cPa...jazozmotgwiluuu

As for Dahon, I'm not quite sure as China have their own specific models like the Jane and Archer. These are stated "China Domestic Model" on the rear stays.

Hope that helps smile.gif

This post has been edited by sniper on the roof: Aug 16 2009, 01:55 PM
venompuppet
post Sep 26 2009, 06:08 AM

i'm interested on outdoor activity especially MTB..but suffering problem about storage in my college..
is there have any folding bike model that suite for MTB activity?

sniper on the roof
post Sep 27 2009, 11:48 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon

There's some dahon mtb models and the montague's (you can google for them)
Ubique
post Sep 30 2009, 08:05 PM

Venompuppet, if you are interested in getting a Montague bike at a lower-than-retail price, pm me and I'll send you the contact details of a Singaporean guy who's organising a bulk order for them through another forum.
But you need to hurry, though.

Myself, I've ordered a Cammy Green Montague Paratrooper. My dream bike!.. sweat.gif
LTO
post Feb 22 2010, 12:24 PM

Hi Ubique,

How much does the paraqtrooper cost?

Hi all,

Where can I can giant or montague folder in KL? Are they more affordable compare to dahon or polygon?

Thanks.
dysphasic
post Apr 7 2010, 03:46 PM

Hi guys! I'm planning to sell the Dahon Mu P8 (2009 edition) that I bought a year ago. It's in orbit blue and if you scan this thread, I posted pictures in earlier replies. It's in VERY VERY good condition with no scratches. I am anal about maintenance so the bike looks brand new. rolleyes.gif I have to sell it because I currently have two other folding bikes and this is the one I use the least -- plus, I have no more storage space at home, hahaha! If you're interested or want to see more pictures, send me a PM or text me at 016-3751151.
4_tune
post Apr 20 2010, 06:30 PM

Getting Started

hi all, juz need to ask u guys, where can i get this bike in malaysia? KL in particular. any shops or dealer around ss2 or bangsar area? does i know they sell dahon brand. how bout giant brand? they have it here as well?

This post has been edited by 4_tune: Apr 20 2010, 06:33 PM
underworld
post Apr 21 2010, 08:13 PM

Th3 D3vIL

QUOTE(4_tune @ Apr 20 2010, 06:30 PM)
hi all, juz need to ask u guys, where can i get this bike in malaysia? KL in particular. any shops or dealer around ss2 or bangsar area? does i know they sell dahon brand. how bout giant brand? they have it here as well?
i also lookin some fold bikes and interested in the Dahon cadenza
so far i have check this place http://www.tscycle.com donno the price is cheapest or not

anybody knows where else they have sell dahon cadenza ?

Bil88
post Jun 14 2010, 02:12 AM

QUOTE(underworld @ Apr 21 2010, 08:13 PM)
i also lookin some fold bikes and interested in the Dahon cadenza
so far i have check this place http://www.tscycle.com donno the price is cheapest or not

anybody knows where else they have sell dahon cadenza ?
LeRun is the distributor for Dahon and I think there is an outlet in Bangsar.

Anyone here keen on group folding bike riding? Any Folder Club or Group in Malaysia?
littlebeettle
post Jun 14 2010, 08:40 PM

Regular

I came across with this A-Bike which selling at reasonable price.

The built sort of worrying..

Anyone owns it and minds to share your thought?
cometta
post Jun 23 2010, 10:53 AM

i looking for foldable bicyle that look like regular bicycle.

1. is there any other option beside Montague ?
2. is it rust-free ? all aluminium?
3. where can i get in malaysia
RJdio
post Aug 1 2010, 03:08 PM

Getting Started

Im based in Beijing right now - am planning on getting one of these folding bikes. Does anyone know how the Dahon Archer stacks up against the Mu SL / Mu P8 / Speed P9 - Is it the same? Indeed the wording - China Domestic Model is on the side. I know theres only one color - kinda darkish grey and its a 7005 Alu frame. I can get it for about RM1.5k.

Can anyone explain the ride - I've owned road bikes and MTB's, and am not too sure about a frame that folds.. hmm.gif

Kinda looks like this:
http://www.dahon.com/bikes/2010/speed-p8

Added on August 1, 2010, 10:41 pmNevermind - I confirmed it's a Speed P8.
Here are some up close pics if you dont mind the chinese text.
Any user feedback ?

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=6303762909

This post has been edited by RJdio: Aug 1 2010, 10:41 PM
Bil88
post Aug 2 2010, 04:30 PM

Hi .. RJdio,

Is your Speed P8 at RM1.5k price in China? I think it is slightly over RM2k in KL. I just wonder whether it is having the same components as mentioned in the Dahon Home page website. For our local model here, it is the same. Wonder what is the difference for the "China Domestic Modal" ?? Price only difference?

QUOTE(RJdio @ Aug 1 2010, 03:08 PM)
Im based in Beijing right now - am planning on getting one of these folding bikes. Does anyone know how the Dahon Archer stacks up against the Mu SL / Mu P8 / Speed P9 - Is it the same? Indeed the wording - China Domestic Model is on the side.  I know theres only one color - kinda darkish grey and its a 7005 Alu frame. I can get it for about RM1.5k.

Can anyone explain the ride - I've owned road bikes and MTB's, and am not too sure about a frame that folds.. hmm.gif

Kinda looks like this:
http://www.dahon.com/bikes/2010/speed-p8

Added on August 1, 2010, 10:41 pmNevermind - I confirmed it's a Speed P8.
Here are some up close pics if you dont mind the chinese text.
Any user feedback ?

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=6303762909
plkvoon
post Aug 2 2010, 04:57 PM

Casual

My colleagues in TW has these 2 models which i think it's damn cool;

1) http://www.giant-bicycles.com/zh-tw/bikes/...s.1/6452/41891/
2) http://www.giant-bicycles.com/zh-tw/bikes/....4f/7100/41890/

The MR4 can actually go quite a high speed.... As I am riding a road bike, my colleague follows quite close behind.... very cool bike indeed, but only available in Japan and also TW
syd04
post Aug 2 2010, 11:54 PM

Getting Started

Any foldies club around in KL? Would be nice to have a fun ride with other foldies.
RJdio
post Aug 3 2010, 01:14 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Bil88 @ Aug 2 2010, 04:30 PM)
Hi .. RJdio,

Is your Speed P8 at RM1.5k price in China?  I think it is slightly over RM2k in KL.  I just wonder whether it is having the same components as mentioned in the Dahon Home page website.  For our local model here, it is the same.  Wonder what is the difference for the "China Domestic Modal" ?? Price only difference?
Actually I found on Tabao I can get it for RM1.2k ! From what I see it's similiar - it's cro-mo frame, SRAM deraileur 8-9 speed, rapid release wheels,big apple tyres and quite sturdy to ride.

The only issue keeping me on the fence is Im not sure if its safe to ride around town and park it outside with a big chain. Might need to get the front wheel changed to bolts as oppose to rapid release and always take the seatpost with me. Takut kena curi!! The philosophy with a foldie is to take it with you - but I dont want to do that when I go grocery shopping!!

fidel_castro
post Aug 3 2010, 02:45 PM

Casual

is there any cheaper foldable bike other than dahon? got any china brand?
Bil88
post Aug 8 2010, 12:13 AM

QUOTE(syd04 @ Aug 2 2010, 11:54 PM)
Any foldies club around in KL? Would be nice to have a fun ride with other foldies.
If you are keen, please PM me your contact. Will be glad to welcome you if you are within KL or PJ. thumbup.gif

Otherwise can also join us when we do adventure outings by folder/train to interesting places. icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Bil88: Aug 8 2010, 12:45 AM
euliano76
post Aug 15 2010, 04:51 PM

QUOTE(Ubique @ Sep 30 2009, 08:05 PM)
Venompuppet, if you are interested in getting a Montague bike at a lower-than-retail price, pm me and I'll send you the contact details of a Singaporean guy who's organising a bulk order for them through another forum.
But you need to hurry, though.

Myself, I've ordered a Cammy Green Montague Paratrooper. My dream bike!.. sweat.gif
Hi Just wonder how you bought the Cammy Green Montague Paratrooper ? As I wish to order 1 from the Singapore contact that you have. Wonder could you advise me the contact ?
sean61
post Aug 23 2010, 07:49 PM

Hi all,

I am a newbie here blush.gif . The last time I owned and rode a bike more seriously was during my scouting days in school, which was some 40+ years ago.

Now at age 61 and having just retired recently I have decided to take up an additional form of exercise beside my usual hiking and jogging activities. So cycling came naturally into my mind. No MTB because I found I can hike up the BM hill faster than some MTBikers so will reserve the BM Hill for hiking only (for me).

Decided on an entry level Dahon Eco3 as I want the mobility to take along the bike in my car trunk to wherever I go. Since purchased I have covered over 800 km in the vicinity of Shah Alam and Bukit Mertajam. Found the Eco3 to be just adequate and will consider upgrading when my skill or shall I say strength and interest pick up.

Have added a basic model bike computer(Wireless) to keep track on my progress. My cycling distance progressed from 10km/trip to around 30km/trip and the longest trip I have done was 52.5km sweat.gif , a return trip from Bm to Jawi, which was done within 2 hours at an average speed of 26.4 km/hr. Not bad for an Oldie on a Foldie huh, especially on an Eco3!

So far my cycling was done solo and would love to join in group touring, whether confine to folder or combine with Roadies or MTB's. And also to share in cycling experience icon_question.gif

Look through the Dahon forum but noted very few Malaysian participation so try this forum.

blush.gif Actually I wanted to post this in the thread by "kethon 27" entitled "Folding Bicycle like...........Dahon".
icon_question.gif Could the Administrator move this thread under the above heading please. Thank you.

This post has been edited by sean61: Aug 23 2010, 11:09 PM
alien2003
post Aug 25 2010, 01:45 PM

10k Club
Group Icon
Group: Staff

QUOTE(sean61 @ Aug 23 2010, 07:49 PM)
  blush.gif Actually I wanted to post this in the thread by "kethon 27" entitled "Folding Bicycle like...........Dahon".
icon_question.gif  Could the Administrator move this thread under the above heading please. Thank you.
Thread merged into the mentioned thread smile.gif
Bil88
post Aug 25 2010, 09:13 PM

Hi .. Sean61,

You are definitely not a newbie to cycling doing all those trips and at an average speed of 26 + km/hr on the basic Dahon Eco3. Congratulations!!

I guessed that you are from the Northern States, however, here in the Central, there are occasions that we do have folders outings by multi-mode transportation.

At this moment, not confirmed as yet, possibility of another outing by KTM/folders to the Sungkai Hot-spring sometime in September. If you are keen can pm me.

[I]...o^`o ...o^`o ...o^`o ...o^`o

QUOTE(sean61 @ Aug 23 2010, 07:49 PM)
Hi all,

I am a newbie here blush.gif . The last time I owned and rode a bike more seriously was during my scouting days in school, which was some 40+ years ago.

Now at age 61 and having just retired recently I have decided to take up an additional form of exercise beside my usual hiking and jogging activities. So cycling came naturally into my mind. No MTB because I found I can hike up the BM hill faster than some MTBikers so will reserve the BM Hill for hiking only (for me).

Decided on an entry level Dahon Eco3 as I want the mobility to take along the bike in my car trunk to wherever I go. Since purchased I have covered over 800 km in the vicinity of Shah Alam and Bukit Mertajam. Found the Eco3 to be just adequate and will consider upgrading when my skill or shall I say strength and interest pick up.

Have added a basic model bike computer(Wireless) to keep track on my progress. My cycling distance progressed from 10km/trip to around 30km/trip and the longest trip I have done was 52.5km sweat.gif , a return trip from Bm to Jawi, which was done within 2 hours at an average speed of 26.4 km/hr. Not bad for an Oldie on a Foldie huh, especially on an Eco3!

So far my cycling was done solo and would love to join in group touring, whether confine to folder or combine with Roadies or MTB's. And also to share in cycling experience icon_question.gif

Look through the Dahon forum but noted very few Malaysian participation so try this forum.
icon_question.gif  Could the Administrator move this thread under the above heading please. Thank you.
sean61
post Aug 27 2010, 05:20 PM

To The Moderator,

Thank you for answering my request to merge the thread. At least I got 1 response from Bil88. rclxms.gif

To Bil88,

Thank you for answering at all. I am from the Northern State and spend about half of the year in Shah Alam. Most of my mileage were chalked up in KK, Shah Alam, which I found to be more conducive for cycling when compared to BM area. The downside here is the congested and dusty roads. So to avoid the traffic and hot sun I woke up early on one Saturday morning(Before sunrise) and travel through PLUS highway entering from Juru toll booth. Went out from Jawi Toll to have a cup of hot coffee and breakfast in one of the coffee shop. Throughout the journey I was enjoying the morning scenery and fresh air unaware that cyclists are not allowed in PLUS highway. On my return journey I again entered through the Jawi Toll Booth heading towards Juru but these time I wasn't so lucky and was picked up by the PLUS Patrol. The 2 kind gentlemen just cautioned me and led me to a side entrance along the highway leading to a Kampong near Sungai Bakap. I thank the 2 gentlemen and with the aid of my car GPS, I navigated out to join highway 1 towards home.

I am definitely a newbie when it comes to cycling despite my age but my interest in this newfound hobby is driving me to do some research by looking up all the bike forums. I found the thread on "Cycling beyond 50" particularly interesting and inspiring! The only downside is that all the threads were posted by peoples from the USA, Canada, EU and some from Australia. Very little contribution from our continent. I found from the threads that their environment(Inclusive of Taiwan) is more conducive for cycling and is very suitable for fun and serious cyclists alike.

I will be in Shah Alam in September so Sungkai Hot Spring outing looks fine to me but will wait to see your detailed itinerary before deciding.

Bil88
post Aug 27 2010, 05:59 PM

QUOTE(sean61 @ Aug 27 2010, 05:20 PM)
....... ... ...

Thank you for answering at all. ..... ...
I will be in Shah Alam in September so Sungkai Hot Spring outing looks fine to me but will wait to see your detailed itinerary before deciding.
Hi ..sean61,

You are most welcome especially as a "newbie", and I will try my best to help wherever possible. You may PM me with your email address so that I can give you more details of any Folders outings.

BTW, here is a good outing to interact with other cyclists and at the same time for a good course. I may be there too with my folder ... On the 18th Sept there is a "Pedal Away Polio Fund Raising Cycling Expedition" starting from Sunway Pyramid 9:00am to 1:00pm on a loop of about 30km. You may find more information in this link:

http://rotaract-tuc.blogspot.com/

Spread the words about the above event to help charity.

Added on September 17, 2010, 3:45 pm whistling.gif Anyone here are cycling with folding bikes beside the usual?

This post has been edited by Bil88: Sep 17 2010, 03:45 PM
sean61
post Sep 17 2010, 10:50 PM

QUOTE(Bil88 @ Aug 27 2010, 06:59 PM)
Hi ..sean61,

You are most welcome especially as a "newbie", and I will try my best to help wherever possible.  You may PM me with your email address so that I can give you more details of any Folders outings.

BTW, here is a good outing to interact with other cyclists and at the same time for a good course.  I may be there too with my folder ... On the 18th Sept there is a "Pedal Away Polio Fund Raising Cycling Expedition" starting from Sunway Pyramid 9:00am to 1:00pm on a loop of about 30km.  You may find more information in this link:

http://rotaract-tuc.blogspot.com/

Spread the words about the above event to help charity.

Added on September 17, 2010, 3:45 pm whistling.gif  Anyone here are cycling with folding bikes beside the usual?
Hi Bil88,
Me of course. Any idea how many from the group we met signed up for Pedalawaypolio tomorrow? Hope it 's not gonna rain like today so see ya at the ride, my first right in the city!
mike xtreme
post Sep 28 2010, 05:47 PM

Getting Started

hi guys, i am a foldable cyclist too. i got mine imported used from japan. it has 6 speed and rear suspension only...hehe

any special outing for foldables? i would love to join...i am from seri kembangan. i did cycle in putrajaya once, but dun have much kaki on this so cant really go...
Bil88
post Sep 29 2010, 12:03 AM

Folding bikes outings is slightly different from the usual biking. We usually do multi-mode commuting to some exciting places by car ... short distance, by train / bus ... slightly longer distance ... by airlines ... for some overseas adventures with our folding bikes. You are most welcome to join in to any of our outings.

Some of us do cycle in Putrajaya, but with our normal road bikes not folders. Folders are for fun and adventures and I do use folders for my commuting too. nod.gif

QUOTE(mike xtreme @ Sep 28 2010, 05:47 PM)
hi guys, i am a foldable cyclist too. i got mine imported used from japan. it has 6 speed and rear suspension only...hehe

any special outing for foldables? i would love to join...i am from seri kembangan. i did cycle in putrajaya once, but dun have much kaki on this so cant really go...
mike xtreme
post Oct 1 2010, 02:17 AM

Getting Started

oh, dun have foldable gang cycling around for fun weekly?
Raju
post Oct 1 2010, 07:20 AM

what to do with foldable bike ha?
desert1
post Oct 1 2010, 04:42 PM

1st KL Folder's Ride
Sunday 3rd Oct

Meet at Bukit Aman carpark 6.15am
Ride starts 6.30am sharp.
Kenny Hills-Hartamas 20km

No need registration/confirmation. Just turn up n ride.

1. Brompton
2. Dahon
mike xtreme
post Oct 2 2010, 12:28 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(desert1 @ Oct 1 2010, 04:42 PM)
1st KL Folder's Ride
Sunday 3rd Oct

Meet at Bukit Aman carpark 6.15am
Ride starts 6.30am sharp.
Kenny Hills-Hartamas 20km

No need registration/confirmation. Just turn up n ride.

1. Brompton
2. Dahon
damn! y does it have to be this weekend...my schedule is hell packed! vmad.gif
desert1
post Oct 4 2010, 02:24 PM

1st KL Folders Ride 3.10.10
Bukit Aman- Kenny Hills- Hartamas- Bkt Aman 20km.

Low vehicular traffic but high human traffic (runners from Pacesetters).
Enjoyed fresh air, cool morning, free isotonic drinks courtesy of Pacestters.

Siang, Angela n I brought our Brompton M3L (3 speed) (mine) and Dahons (Curve SL, 9 speed). 100m into the ride Angela had a puncture and abandoned the ride leaving Siang n I to continue. Along the way 2 cyclists on road bikes joined us to complete the entire route.

Good ride n good company. This is just the beginning!

Mike, not to fret, there are more foldie rides to come in the near future.

QUOTE(mike xtreme @ Oct 2 2010, 12:28 PM)
damn! y does it have to be this weekend...my schedule is hell packed!  vmad.gif
mike xtreme
post Oct 5 2010, 02:46 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(desert1 @ Oct 4 2010, 02:24 PM)

Siang, Angela n I brought our Brompton M3L (3 speed) (mine) and Dahons (Curve SL, 9 speed). 100m into the ride Angela had a puncture and abandoned the ride leaving Siang n I to continue. Along the way 2 cyclists on road bikes joined us to complete the entire route.

wow! it sounds really fun! do give me a PM if ur having another 1 biggrin.gif
Bil88
post Oct 5 2010, 04:22 AM

QUOTE(desert1 @ Oct 4 2010, 02:24 PM)

Great to know all of you are having fun, regret not able to meet up with all of you this time. Presently doing a folder touring in UK and hope able to catch up with other folders too.

The World Brompton Folding Bike Race took place in the lousy weather of UK and yet about 600 riders turn up for the race to win both championships for a S6L-X in each category, Fastest Male and Fastest Female.
mike xtreme
post Oct 7 2010, 12:31 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Bil88 @ Oct 5 2010, 04:22 AM)
Great to know all of you are having fun, regret not able to meet up with all of you this time.  Presently doing a folder touring in UK and hope able to catch up with other folders too.

The World Brompton Folding Bike Race took place in the lousy weather of UK and yet about 600 riders turn up for the race to win both championships for a S6L-X in each category, Fastest Male and Fastest Female.
wow! thats so cool! i envy u for traveling on a folder. hope to be able to meet up with u soon
syd04
post Oct 13 2010, 11:06 PM

Getting Started

Hi,
Any foldies outing soon? Would love to join for Sunday rides. We are a group of foldies riders but with no where to go.....
mike xtreme
post Oct 15 2010, 02:01 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(syd04 @ Oct 13 2010, 11:06 PM)
Hi,
Any foldies outing soon? Would love to join for Sunday rides. We are a group of foldies riders but with no where to go.....
there was an outing at 10-10-10 but the organizer didnt reply my pm so i dont really know the location. blush.gif

hope there's another outing coming up soon. but a better managed 1
sc2
post Oct 16 2010, 12:44 PM

Casual

any1 know the price for Dahon eco 3? Thanks smile.gif
Bil88
post Oct 17 2010, 05:43 PM

QUOTE(sc2 @ Oct 16 2010, 12:44 PM)
any1 know the price for Dahon eco 3? Thanks smile.gif
Easily check it out for the latest update price from the distributor, Rodalink in KL. I understand Singapore is a different distributor, so you may check that too for comparision.
sc2
post Oct 17 2010, 05:56 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Bil88 @ Oct 17 2010, 05:43 PM)
Easily check it out for the latest update price from the distributor, Rodalink in KL.  I understand Singapore is a different distributor, so you may check that too for comparision.
how bout the price range? icon_question.gif
mike xtreme
post Oct 18 2010, 12:30 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(sc2 @ Oct 17 2010, 05:56 PM)
how bout the price range?  icon_question.gif
i blive its at the range of 1.6k
syd04
post Oct 20 2010, 04:27 PM

Getting Started

Want to cycle in Putrajaya this Saturday?

You can join.....

http://atokmtb.blogspot.com/2010/10/eco-hunt-berbasikal.html

It's free!
Folding Bike
post Oct 23 2010, 10:32 PM

QUOTE(venompuppet @ Sep 26 2009, 06:08 AM)
i'm interested on outdoor activity especially MTB..but suffering problem about storage in my college..
is there have any folding bike model that suite for MTB activity?
hI, YOU MAY CHECK OUT OUR FOLDABLE FOLDING BIKE. AND IT'S FROM HUMMER BRAND...
www.fbfoldingbike.com

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
syd04
post Oct 26 2010, 09:19 AM

Getting Started

Hey guys,

Come and ride on this Sunday at the NTV7 Yuan Carnival Fun Ride.
Details....

http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php?fcode=807...126971590691264
tinster
post Oct 27 2010, 10:50 AM

hi,

Does anyone know anywhere else besides Rodalink that sells Dahon foldable bikes? I am looking at buying one but the Rodalink that I went (Hartamas branch) is not so well stocked and they also not so helpful to me =(
syd04
post Oct 27 2010, 01:21 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(tinster @ Oct 27 2010, 10:50 AM)
hi,

Does anyone know anywhere else besides Rodalink that sells Dahon foldable bikes?  I am looking at buying one but the Rodalink that I went (Hartamas branch) is not so well stocked and they also not so helpful to me =(
You can try Rodalink Bangsar
Bil88
post Oct 27 2010, 05:45 PM

QUOTE(tinster @ Oct 27 2010, 10:50 AM)
hi,

Does anyone know anywhere else besides Rodalink that sells Dahon foldable bikes?  I am looking at buying one but the Rodalink that I went (Hartamas branch) is not so well stocked and they also not so helpful to me =(
QUOTE(syd04 @ Oct 27 2010, 01:21 PM)

You can try Rodalink Bangsar
Agreed ... Rodalink in Bangsar do have better stock of Dahon. If you need help, you may PM me. I will be glad to share with you my experience about folding bikes. My first folding bike is a Dahon, and it is now about 25 years old. It is still used ocassionally.

tinster
post Oct 28 2010, 03:05 PM

Right. I shall check out Rodalink Bangsar one of these days.

Bt, roughly, waht is the price range for Dahon bikes? Rodalink Hartamas didnt have price tags on most of the Dahons they have there, only one or two and both ranges close to RM2k or more. Which is way beyond my budget...

I am looking for smthg within the range of 1-1.3k maximum. What other cheaper alternatives to Dahon?
chamelion
post Oct 28 2010, 03:12 PM

Back to Bricking

there is a bike shop specialize in second hand folding bike from japan. it;s at kota kemuning's mcd area.
tinster
post Oct 28 2010, 03:41 PM

QUOTE(chamelion @ Oct 28 2010, 03:12 PM)
there is a bike shop specialize in second hand folding bike from japan. it;s at kota kemuning's mcd area.
Ooh, that sounds interesting. Whats the name of the shop and wats the price range like? Do they have used Dahons? I dont mind other brands but prefer Dahon because they have a cycling club for owners, which I think is good la.
mycko7
post Nov 10 2010, 04:52 PM

I also plan to buy bike. But someone told me, whether true or not, are we allowed to bring the bicycle inside the Star/Putra LRT ?
mike xtreme
post Nov 13 2010, 02:41 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(mycko7 @ Nov 10 2010, 04:52 PM)
I also plan to buy bike. But someone told me, whether true or not, are we allowed to bring the bicycle inside the Star/Putra LRT ?
any1 can confrim this?

but i personally think it is possible if we have a foldable bicycle bag
littlebeettle
post Nov 18 2010, 09:53 AM

Regular

QUOTE(mike xtreme @ Nov 13 2010, 02:41 AM)
any1 can confrim this?

but i personally think it is possible if we have a foldable bicycle bag
As long as u fold it properly it's gud to go in i suppose.

Alternatively you can put it into the bike bag before enter to the train.
faizalmzain
post Dec 6 2010, 10:41 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Folding Bike @ Oct 23 2010, 10:32 PM)
hI, YOU MAY CHECK OUT OUR FOLDABLE FOLDING BIKE. AND IT'S FROM HUMMER BRAND...
www.fbfoldingbike.com
how about the price?
Mero
post Dec 15 2010, 09:02 AM

I saw Folding Bike Trading (fbfoldingbike.com) company at Damansara Perdana having a few types of folding bikes. Among them Ralliart, KHS, Saab, Strida and Doppleganger. Anyone, tried these brands? any comments?
TQ.

Rgds
Mero
mad4419
post Dec 22 2010, 12:27 AM

Getting Started

for those who love to cycle (xspecially who stay at putrajaya and around), putrajaya will make xtvt cycle at nite.. at merdeka night icon_rolleyes.gif . for detail as above or check this link http://www.ppj.gov.my/portal/page?_pageid=...ema=PORTAL#1320
still looking for folding bike... any recomended (around putrajaya). putrajaya just have 1 new bike shop at presint 15 and just have dohan fodable bikes. i'm looking for strida a shape ( strida LT).

This post has been edited by mad4419: Dec 22 2010, 12:31 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Bil88
post Dec 22 2010, 10:55 AM

If you are looking for folding bike, I suggest that you do a good research on the internet and talk to those who own and have been frequently using the their folding bikes in all conditions before you make your purchase. Lately, folders are attracting a lot of interest and many types are selling locally now.

Not all folders are the same. There are many good one and also some not worth what you are going to pay for. I am finding difficulty to find a local dealer or technician who is competence enough to service my SA Hub on my folder. If someone has the skill, I will be glad to discuss with him/her.

Hopefully, the present growing interest will help to develop a good following of dealers, technicians and users. .. I have a few folders and my first one is 26 years old and still using occasionally.

QUOTE(mad4419 @ Dec 22 2010, 12:27 AM)
.......... ...

still looking for folding bike... any recomended (around putrajaya). putrajaya just have 1 new bike shop at presint 15 and just have dohan fodable bikes. i'm looking for strida a shape ( strida LT).
Mave[rick]
post Dec 22 2010, 12:22 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(tinster @ Oct 28 2010, 03:05 PM)
Right.  I shall check out Rodalink Bangsar one of these days.

Bt, roughly, waht is the price range for Dahon bikes? Rodalink Hartamas didnt have price tags on most of the Dahons they have there, only one or two and both ranges close to RM2k or more.  Which is way beyond my budget...

I am looking for smthg within the range of 1-1.3k maximum.  What other cheaper alternatives to Dahon?
Dahon Eco3, 1.1-1.2k at rodalink

Added on December 22, 2010, 12:23 pm
QUOTE(faizalmzain @ Dec 6 2010, 10:41 PM)
how about the price?
mudah.my have the price 2.8k

Added on December 22, 2010, 12:26 pm
QUOTE(mad4419 @ Dec 22 2010, 12:27 AM)
for those who love to cycle (xspecially who stay at putrajaya and around), putrajaya will make xtvt cycle at nite.. at merdeka night  icon_rolleyes.gif . for detail as above or check this link http://www.ppj.gov.my/portal/page?_pageid=...ema=PORTAL#1320
head up to fbfoldingbike.com, they're having 1 strida LT

Added on December 22, 2010, 2:10 pmAnyone know the running price of Dahon Matrix in rodalink?
appreciate for the help in advance

This post has been edited by Mave[rick]: Dec 22 2010, 02:10 PM
katheros
post Feb 6 2011, 02:02 AM

QUOTE(mycko7 @ Nov 10 2010, 04:52 PM)
You definitely can. Just as long as its a foldable bike that packs away and doesn't get in ppls way. Brought it on the LRT today smile.gifAttached Image

This post has been edited by katheros: Feb 6 2011, 02:04 AM
Sphenix
post Mar 1 2011, 12:13 AM

Hired........

user posted image

RM3600>

user posted image

RM2799>

but my budget is like RM1k only........ anyone can recommend me, tat similar spec and design like above and with my price range?
Nitrous
post Mar 28 2011, 03:24 PM

Getting Started

Hi all
Would like to ask for recommendation, I m looking for a compact foldable bike for my daily commuting, since i park my car really far from office and had to walk to get to office (sweating). Would a Strida LT bike be good for me? I need it to fold really quick, and compact enough for me to wheel it into office and store under my table, plus be able to keep inside the boot of my car (normal compact sedan). Space is a concern and in short supply, both in the car and also in office, thus I was hoping the Strida would be compact enough for me.
Thanks a lot!
littlebeettle
post Mar 29 2011, 02:26 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Sphenix @ Mar 1 2011, 12:13 AM)
user posted image

RM3600>

user posted image
RM2799>

but my budget is like RM1k only........ anyone can recommend me, tat similar spec and design like above and with my price range?
You can opt for either polygon,dahon or oyama with your budget.

let me know if you keen to get one.

I will PM you my contact

This post has been edited by littlebeettle: Mar 31 2011, 01:47 PM
Shiroki
post May 1 2011, 04:33 PM

QUOTE(chamelion @ Oct 28 2010, 03:12 PM)
Is this the place? Just randomly googled 'kota kemuning japan secondhand foldable bicycle' lol

I'm also looking into buying a foldable bicycle these days, was thinking maybe electric foldable bicycle also if can but don't know la... my budget very small only, RM1k max lol
Haven't bought my own bicycle before all my life so I don't know what to consider also. As long as it doesn't kill me while I'm on it can already la I think? lol. What do you guys think?
AbGHenSeM
post May 3 2011, 02:03 AM

I noticed that FitnessConcept also already brought in Reebok Switch (foldable bike)

http://www.fitnessconcept.com.my/shop/inde...products_id=453

user posted image
Price around RM1198

Anyone has tried using it?
Need to buy one for my wife.. Either Dahoon or Reebok ..

Thanks
drool.gif drool.gif drool.gif

This post has been edited by AbGHenSeM: May 3 2011, 02:11 AM
howzat
post May 27 2011, 01:58 PM

Anyone riding a single gear foldie? I am thinking of getting a recond foldie from the kemuning shop. It's RM390 for single gear model.
wu ming
post Jun 1 2011, 04:50 PM

Regular

Any good foldable bicycle for the budget of below RM800.00?
the_sorrow
post Jun 11 2011, 09:55 PM

Hello, I am new to cycling and looking for folding bike kaki- anyone?
Here is my Dahon bicycle smile.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by the_sorrow: Jun 11 2011, 09:56 PM
Yiha9944
post Jun 14 2011, 09:22 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(the_sorrow @ Jun 11 2011, 09:55 PM)

Hi, may i know how much i bought your folding bike?
H2D
post Jun 16 2011, 04:26 AM

On my way

Here is my Dahon bicycle  smile.gif 

user posted image
wow u got the new dahon dash p18...
very tempted to get one...
u ride with the the seat so low?
didn't u join the folding bike club?

Added on June 16, 2011, 4:30 am
QUOTE(Yiha9944 @ Jun 14 2011, 09:22 PM)
Hi, may i know how much i bought your folding bike?
rodalink is selling it @ RM2689...

a short vid about the bike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q7nQ5PRlcA

This post has been edited by H2D: Jun 16 2011, 04:37 AM
SpikeTwo
post Jun 16 2011, 01:00 PM

無敵 PC Elitist

for budget around 800 can try to get rockbike one...or xds A7.
Rm1k can try dahon eco3.

This post has been edited by SpikeTwo: Jun 16 2011, 01:56 PM
the_sorrow
post Jun 18 2011, 12:14 AM

QUOTE(H2D @ Jun 16 2011, 04:26 AM)
wow u got the new dahon dash p18...
very tempted to get one...
u ride with the the seat so low?
didn't u join the folding bike club?

Added on June 16, 2011, 4:30 am

rodalink is selling it @ RM2689...
a short vid about the bike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q7nQ5PRlcA
Yeh, I bought from Bangsar rodalink RM2,550 but do not like the employee there. Impolite and not helpful.
Go ask Folding Bike to order for you if interested.

Hehe yes thats the height of my seat, noob needs to have two feet on the ground q:
Joining the fun ride event next Sunday at Putrajaya.

Where do you cycle? smile.gif
modben
post Jun 21 2011, 12:22 AM

Getting Started

how to join the folding bike club? is it the rodalink club for dahon bike owners ar? when i bought my bike at rodalink no one mention also about any club
Red Tsubasa
post Jun 21 2011, 09:02 AM

Return To Innocence

Folding bike seems nice

plan to get 1 smile.gif .....

that day i saw electric folding bike.....
H2D
post Jun 21 2011, 04:13 PM

On my way

test

Added on June 21, 2011, 5:53 pm
QUOTE(the_sorrow @ Jun 18 2011, 12:14 AM)
Yeh, I bought from Bangsar rodalink RM2,550 but do not like the employee there. Impolite and not helpful.
Go ask Folding Bike to order for you if interested.

Hehe yes thats the height of my seat, noob needs to have two feet on the ground q:
Joining the fun ride event next Sunday at Putrajaya.

Where do you cycle? smile.gif
oh, so u just bought it recently? cos the unit in bsar was gone, last week when i went there to look see.
din know they could give discount? i tot they stick to the rrp on their brochure ( thats wht they said )
there's one sales guy with spec seems ok, but u know la, generally sales service ppl in msia is way lagging behind...
sommore in bangsar, if matsalleh expat walk in , mebe they will start talking... n be more helpful.

y i'm interested in this dash p18 is, the portability.....
not because it is a foldie...
there are foldie groups in other countries ya know just like d fixie...
those are not cyclist.... groupies perhaps....

i dun like the look of those normal foldie ie brompton type, long seat post high neck..
yea those design u can fold it really small, but the look just doesn't cut it....
i dun need to cycle to work or need to take the bike into the office, so folded size doesn't matter,
also i dun like bike racks on the car...

then the traditional frame design of this dash p18 is suppose to give the same feel like riding a normal bike..
i don't know if there is any difference if say riding a Speed P8 and Dash P18, can one feel the flex on the p8?
or feel the dash p18 is more solid?

can the dash p18 climb steep hills? have u tried it?
i saw the gear inch on the spec, seems it is possible..
my area have a lot of steep slopes...

riding a 20" wheel bike is fun more zippy, is like driving a kancil compare to a full sedan..
but then i think it is not that stable at high speed? esp downhill....

i havent ride for many years, tht y now looking for a bike, just a recreational rider, so not going
for those expensive stuff..
i look at the bicycle buy sell site, man... most selling expensive stuff worth thousands...
is like there are many lance armstrong in msia..?? or cycling is for rich ppl only.... biggrin.gif
and also the fixie thing..... shakehead.gif

next sunday is this coming sunday?
is this organised by the fbc?

yea i hv seen folding bike shop in dsara perdana, tho dahon is not the main brand they are selling, could they give a better price?
i know atm lerun has bout 24 dash p18 in stock, not sure if FB is ordering form them...

Added on June 21, 2011, 5:53 pm
QUOTE(modben @ Jun 21 2011, 12:22 AM)
how to join the folding bike club? is it the rodalink club for dahon bike owners ar? when i bought my bike at rodalink no one mention also about any club
u bought long time ago?
mebe tht time they haven't set-up yet leh.... biggrin.gif
then again like our member said, those sales guys are not helpful at all,

Added on June 21, 2011, 5:55 pmfor those who wana find out d benefit of riding smaller wheels like mini velos..

http://mybikeshopsg.wordpress.com/2010/07/...craze/#comments

taken frm the moulton website..

http://www.moultonbicycles.co.uk

user posted image

Small Wheels

Small wheels with high pressure tyres have been integral to the Moulton design from the beginning. The combination of the lower rolling resistance of high pressure tyres and the lower aerodynamic drag of small wheels, allows the bicycle to go faster with less effort.
In contrast to large bicycle wheels, the smaller Moulton wheels are immensely strong. Their lower moment of inertia allows faster acceleration and more responsive steering. Smaller wheels also reduce the overall length of the bicycle, making it compact and easier to transport.

there is a black version of Dash P18, not available here.
wana promo this bike, more on d performance side n bit cheaper price tag.... hope more ppl will get it...

http://qbei-hakubaicho.info/wp-content/upl...12/dash-034.jpg

http://qbei-hakubaicho.info/wp-content/upl...12/dash-035.jpg

http://qbei-hakubaicho.info/wp-content/upl...12/dash-043.jpg

http://akki-moebile.air-nifty.com/photos/u...c00366_copy.jpg

http://akki-moebile.air-nifty.com/photos/u...0352_copy_2.jpg

http://akki-moebile.air-nifty.com/photos/u...c00350_copy.jpg

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Added on June 21, 2011, 6:11 pmhttp://livedoor.2.blogimg.jp/hasirin/imgs/d/1/d1557063.jpg

http://livedoor.2.blogimg.jp/hasirin/imgs/a/e/aeb452b6.jpg

http://livedoor.2.blogimg.jp/hasirin/imgs/1/4/14b6dfcc.jpg

http://livedoor.2.blogimg.jp/hasirin/imgs/c/0/c035c8ba.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa255/P...to/CIMG2626.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa255/P...to/CIMG2632.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa255/P...to/CIMG2634.jpg

http://livedoor.2.blogimg.jp/hasirin/imgs/4/d/4d9c5d58.jpg

http://livedoor.2.blogimg.jp/hasirin/imgs/2/c/2cde1628.jpg

http://livedoor.2.blogimg.jp/hasirin/imgs/5/8/580de543.jpg

http://livedoor.2.blogimg.jp/hasirin/imgs/0/b/0bb25534.jpg

http://livedoor.2.blogimg.jp/hasirin/imgs/d/1/d17de599.jpg

http://livedoor.2.blogimg.jp/hasirin/imgs/6/5/65967ede.jpg

http://livedoor.2.blogimg.jp/hasirin/imgs/4/5/45fe79cd.jpg

This post has been edited by H2D: Jun 21 2011, 06:11 PM
chyewf
post Jun 21 2011, 07:09 PM

Has anyone tried Hummer HM2600 folding bike?
H2D
post Jun 21 2011, 11:12 PM

On my way

folding bike msia just launched the ORi foldie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPaaZgv9K28&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYEIe56yJyE&NR=1

yea very fast to fold..
this is how when u r not used to it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkOX0A8BGmw&feature=related

This post has been edited by H2D: Jun 21 2011, 11:16 PM
the_sorrow
post Jun 21 2011, 11:28 PM

Yeah recently- I bought it because of the ready stock. This is my first bicycle so cannot comment much on comparisons.
Folding Bike Shop tells me if I had ordered from her, she could have given me a better price. Black one is the newer colour scheme but I wanted a white one.

I have cycled up Bukit Cahaya (Taman Pertanian). Imagine this, my friends have to get down and push their Mountain Bikes or stand up to cycle up a hill while myself just cycle up sitting down (with that low seat) and laughing icon_idea.gif
My seat has increased in height as I get more proficient.

This Dahon is not really portable due to its fold, not compact enough to ease carrying. It's good if you just want to keep in your car trunk but not to commute with it.
Not something that you can carry with you to the washroom like the Brompton. Wish I can have the best of both worlds, performance and fold.

Check out my Brooks (saddle bag). Poison brows.gif
user posted image
H2D
post Jun 21 2011, 11:46 PM

On my way

wow , good to noe u r enjoying ur ride.
for me a bike is portable enuf if it doesn't require a car rack n take out wheels...
too many folding parts is oso a no no for me... doesn't matter how fast n how small it folds..

think u made a good choice getting this dash p18 , as a 1st bike,
the looks n construction is good, and price is just ok,
other brands just throw in too many expensive parts for a bike like this and made the price too high...

performance n fold, got.. sumthing like the ORI bike...
the entry level is oredi the price of dash p18...

http://www.oribikes.com/products/products.php

Added on June 21, 2011, 11:59 pmi have read on the net that there seems to be some complain about dahon's lockjaw hinge folding mechanism.. esp on the cadenza model......... hmmmmmm
they say it will make noise, creaks soon.....

This post has been edited by H2D: Jun 21 2011, 11:59 PM
Red Tsubasa
post Jun 23 2011, 01:21 AM

Return To Innocence

bro nice dahon there....

This post has been edited by Red Tsubasa: Jun 23 2011, 01:21 AM
SpikeTwo
post Jun 24 2011, 03:27 PM

無敵 PC Elitist

how much is the dahon eco c7? the replacement for eco3. hahaha...has it arrived yet?
H2D
post Jun 24 2011, 09:47 PM

On my way

QUOTE(SpikeTwo @ Jun 24 2011, 03:27 PM)
how much is the dahon eco c7? the replacement for eco3. hahaha...has it arrived yet?
think u shud call up bike shops tht deals dahon like rodalink n foldingbike trading....
boogie78
post Jun 27 2011, 12:41 AM

Getting Started

just brought my c7 white at rodalink bukit tinggi the price is 1139 with 5% disc...nice and easy to handle
H2D
post Jun 27 2011, 05:39 PM

On my way

foldies frm thailand, thai cycling scene is much more happening than here in msia.... there it seems lotsa shop selling foldies, n they can mod it....
modded dahon Mu p8

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Added on June 27, 2011, 5:48 pmkhs f20 t3, FB used to sell this, now duno got or not....

user posted image

user posted image

Added on June 27, 2011, 5:50 pmdahon silvertip, before renamed to Dash p18, black kaler nicer?

user posted image

Added on June 27, 2011, 5:58 pmdahon archer

user posted image

Added on June 27, 2011, 6:03 pmdahon archer..

user posted image

Added on June 27, 2011, 6:05 pmuser posted image

This post has been edited by H2D: Jun 27 2011, 06:07 PM
minibike
post Jun 29 2011, 10:46 AM

Here is my Dahon bicycle  smile.gif 

user posted image
Ty for the nice photo and informative posting of the Dahon Dash P18. rclxms.gif I currently own a Dahon Silvertip and planning to get two more folders for my Missy and dad(Gona do some light touring). Im set on getting Dash P18 and another lower end folder maybe a gaint folder or dahon.
H2D
post Jun 29 2011, 01:21 PM

On my way

QUOTE(minibike @ Jun 29 2011, 10:46 AM)
Ty for the nice photo and informative posting of the Dahon Dash P18. rclxms.gif  I currently own a Dahon Silvertip and planning to get two more folders for my Missy and dad(Gona do some light touring). Im set on getting Dash P18 and another lower end folder maybe a gaint folder or dahon.
hi, r u frm msia ?
silvertip bought here or in sg?
i duno last time they got sell silvertip here, cos hvn't started to check out folding bikes.

how old is ur dash p18 now?
any creaking sound from the lock jaw hinge??

Added on June 29, 2011, 2:08 pmhere is a review of dahon silvertip from sg togoparts.com

http://www.togoparts.com/articles/article.php?artid=1689

one noticeable spec difference is the dash p18 has a lower gear inches at 26"
where as the silvertip has 31".

not sure whether it will make a big difference in climbing hills....

This post has been edited by H2D: Jun 29 2011, 02:08 PM
minibike
post Jun 29 2011, 02:41 PM

QUOTE(H2D @ Jun 29 2011, 01:21 PM)
hi, r u frm msia ?
silvertip bought here or in sg?
i duno last time they got sell silvertip here, cos hvn't started to check out folding bikes.

how old is ur dash p18 now?
any creaking sound from the lock jaw hinge??

Added on June 29, 2011, 2:08 pmhere is a review of dahon silvertip from sg togoparts.com

http://www.togoparts.com/articles/article.php?artid=1689

one noticeable spec difference is the dash p18 has a lower gear inches at 26"
where as the silvertip has 31".

not sure whether it will make a big difference in climbing hills....
Hi Im from singapore , I got mine here at a bad price, will rather get a dash 18 over the silvertip cause of the better pricing in malaysia.

Well from me wanting to get another mid town dahon , it show how much I love this series. Been riding the silvertip for 1 month plus , 1000++ km and survived three accidents(2 slides and 1 180 flip) and the bike is still going strong, no strange noise or damage part.(One tough folder laugh.gif ). The lockjaw hinge is well design , down side is the need to use allen key to fold.

This bike love to go fast, been able to hit abt 35 - 40 km/m on road , average comfortable cruising speed is abt 30km/h.

Not sure if the smaller gearing will make a diff in hill climbing, but the engine makes all the diff. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by minibike: Jun 29 2011, 03:03 PM
H2D
post Jun 29 2011, 03:14 PM

On my way

yea, actually the dash p18 price is msia is cheaper a bit, compared to US, taiwan, japan n EU, n till now no dash p18 yet in SG, wana clear out d silvertip first they say.

it seems there is a long waiting list for dash p18 in other countries...

sg have more choices for foldies, like bike friday, etc, price wise is more on the higher side right?

Added on July 13, 2011, 12:29 amcome everyone! more the merrier..

http://www.ocbc.cyclemalaysia.com.my/

This post has been edited by H2D: Jul 13 2011, 12:29 AM
Blackbird
post Jul 13 2011, 07:33 AM

Getting Started

I will be getting my foldable bike this weekend. Undecided between the Dahon Speed P8 and Hasa Minimax M1. Of course Dahon is well known but the components are just average and quite heavy at 27.6lbs.
The Hasa is a not so well known brand(search on the net doesnt give much result on the Minimax M1), but offers juicy components like Ultegra rd, sram etc and weigh much less at ~23.5lbs. It also folds & unfolds faster. Cool internal cable routing.

The only thing about Dahon is it's a well known brand and has been tested by many. I believe the components might break down/wear off and can be upgraded but the heart of the bicycle is the frame. Hasa frame/folding reliability is still unknown. Still the juicy components on the M1 is calling out loud for me!. Hahaha. Decisions... decisions...

Btw, I ride every week(well almost) on my Santa Cruz Superlight mtb so now gatal wanna try out a foldable bike.
I'm from Subang Jaya.... anyone here from the surrounding area? Maybe can go for a ride together. biggrin.gif
H2D
post Jul 13 2011, 11:44 AM

On my way

hi, i just heard about this HASA from a member, seems fook sang bike shop is importing it, u got it from there?

the dahon speed p8 is almost RM 2k.
is the M1 around that price as well?

frm wht i have learned, folding bike the crucial part is the folding joint.
Dahon invented all their joints and have patents on it.
so they say its reliable .. bla bla bla...

so if u are paying the same amount of money, u might
as well want to compare the built quality, esp of the joint,
how the folding mechanism works.... see whether u have confident it can last for a while....

it will be really frustrating if u get a folding bike then after a few months riding
the joint starts to make noise, loose, can't tighten , wear out fast etc etc...

the main advantage of a folding bike is u can easily take it anywhere to cycle
with out using a bike rack.... etc etc....

Added on July 13, 2011, 11:45 amthis is hasa website...

http://www.hasabike.com.tw

Added on July 13, 2011, 12:09 pmone can DL dahon service manuals to see how their stuff works..
and learn more about it.

http://www.dahon.com/support/manuals?type=...=96&submit.y=34

also check out the dahon forum to see what owners comment about their bikes...

http://forum.dahon.com/lofiversion/index.php?t6867.html

This post has been edited by H2D: Jul 13 2011, 12:09 PM
minibike
post Jul 14 2011, 03:33 PM

Test ride both bike before deciding. I insisted on testing the bike ride quality before I pull the trigger on the dahon. Dahon resell value is better so its easier to resell incase you dun like the ride.
H2D
post Jul 14 2011, 04:05 PM

On my way

well i think most bike shop here dun allow u to test... esp low cost bikes....

Added on July 14, 2011, 4:22 pmfrom mudah.my, someone in penang is selling the giant halfway for 3.3k, is this bike that expensive.....?

user posted image

http://www.mudah.my/New+Giant+Folding+Bike...ay-10599312.htm

giant folding expressway 2 RM1.6K]

user posted image

http://www.mudah.my/New+Giant+Folding+Expr...+2-10575439.htm

This post has been edited by H2D: Jul 14 2011, 04:23 PM
minibike
post Jul 14 2011, 09:46 PM

QUOTE(H2D @ Jul 14 2011, 04:05 PM)
well i think most bike shop here dun allow u to test... esp low cost bikes....

Added on July 14, 2011, 4:22 pmfrom mudah.my, someone in penang is selling the giant halfway for 3.3k, is this bike that expensive.....?

user posted image

http://www.mudah.my/New+Giant+Folding+Bike...ay-10599312.htm

giant folding expressway 2 RM1.6K]

user posted image

http://www.mudah.my/New+Giant+Folding+Expr...+2-10575439.htm
Opps my bad !! cry.gif

The halfway must be the newer version, much better looking rclxms.gif
The old version I saw over here is going for $899 (RM2202 current exchange rate).

This post has been edited by minibike: Jul 14 2011, 09:51 PM
Shiroki
post Jul 15 2011, 12:53 PM

I'm thinking about getting a Dahon Eco C6 la, where got sell aa? Preferably somewhere near or around Subang Jaya here.
H2D
post Jul 15 2011, 12:56 PM

On my way

ss14 there got one bike shop dealer of polygon n dahon, check the lerun website.
Shiroki
post Jul 15 2011, 01:02 PM

QUOTE(H2D @ Jul 15 2011, 12:56 PM)
ss14 there got one bike shop dealer of polygon n dahon, check the lerun website.

ah, I see. Will check that place out tomorrow. Thanks!
Blackbird
post Jul 17 2011, 11:08 AM

Getting Started

Got my Speed P8 yesterday and went for the Putrajaya Inter Park Ride yesterday night. This bike can go fast! Hehe. I'm loving it. biggrin.gif
H2D
post Jul 17 2011, 12:24 PM

On my way

great, did u met-up with the folding bike group there?
Blackbird
post Jul 17 2011, 09:22 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(H2D @ Jul 17 2011, 12:24 PM)
great, did u met-up with the folding bike group there?
Yep, I rode with Sam Choong and his gang. Very happy with the P8. Still struggling to fold the bike, folding hinge on the frame is still very tight.

Btw, H2D, thanks for ur detailed explanation. Appreciate it. rclxms.gif

Added on July 18, 2011, 7:55 pmJust wondering, will the Ikea blue bag fit the Dahon?

This post has been edited by Blackbird: Jul 18 2011, 07:55 PM
H2D
post Jul 19 2011, 10:56 AM

On my way

welcome,
i saw u in the pics smile.gif

ikea blue bag? hv to go measure ler......

one expensive full carbon ori foldy is there too, beside tht duno which dahon bike is tht....

This post has been edited by H2D: Jul 19 2011, 11:47 AM
Blackbird
post Jul 19 2011, 07:17 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(H2D @ Jul 19 2011, 10:56 AM)
welcome,
i saw u in the pics smile.gif

ikea blue bag? hv to go measure ler......

one expensive full carbon ori foldy is there too, beside tht duno which dahon bike is tht....
Huh>? U saw me?
H2D
post Jul 19 2011, 07:29 PM

On my way

yup sam's pics .
phillipe
post Jul 20 2011, 06:02 PM

QUOTE(Shiroki @ Jul 15 2011, 12:53 PM)
I'm thinking about getting a Dahon Eco C6 la, where got sell aa? Preferably somewhere near or around Subang Jaya here.
I just saw 1 this morning at a small shop in Bandar Utama going fo aboit 1,100.

I'm also interested, but thot that 1k+ is a bit too uch to spend on a bicycle. Any 2nd hand units for sale?

Added on July 20, 2011, 6:05 pm
QUOTE(Blackbird @ Jul 17 2011, 11:08 AM)
Got my Speed P8 yesterday and went for the Putrajaya Inter Park Ride yesterday night. This bike can go fast! Hehe. I'm loving it.  biggrin.gif
Where s a good place for family to ride? where do we park the car. Are there any food outlets during weekends?

Thanks.

This post has been edited by phillipe: Jul 20 2011, 06:05 PM
H2D
post Jul 20 2011, 11:08 PM

On my way

QUOTE(phillipe @ Jul 20 2011, 06:02 PM)
I just saw 1 this morning at a small shop in Bandar Utama going fo aboit 1,100.

I'm also interested, but thot that 1k+ is a bit too uch to spend on a bicycle. Any 2nd hand units for sale?

Added on July 20, 2011, 6:05 pm
Where s a good place for family to ride? where do we park the car. Are there any food outlets during weekends?

Thanks.
this shop in kota kemuning, got used folding bike, imported frm japan, for sale some less than 500RM....
u might wana check it out.

http://gwcycle.blogspot.com/

if u read the post earlier, got member post before this shop.

good place to ride?
if u don't mind driving all the way to putrajaya, u can cycle around the lake, there are paved path,
no worry about traffic. frm wht i have seen in pics tht ppl post.
i think there are food stalls there, near the monument....
i haven't been there yet....

user posted image

Added on July 25, 2011, 3:05 pmthe dahon jetstream ex 2011 is the last of its kind.
rodalink bangsar has 1 unit fitted with XTR components instead of the dual drive?
price should be Rm9k and above...
is RM10K on a bicycle worth the spend,,,,,, ??

user posted image

Added on July 25, 2011, 3:08 pmuser posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by H2D: Jul 25 2011, 03:09 PM
mad4419
post Jul 29 2011, 08:15 PM

Getting Started

can ride olong tasik or hill at presint 11 also nice...

H2D
post Aug 3 2011, 07:55 PM

On my way

thinking of getting a good folding bike...?
maybe you should wait till Tern arrives, rumors had it will arrive here in the coming months..

the model list is out on their website.

http://ternbicycles.com/bikes

surprise that it looks more or less like the models in Dahon?
it is because the Tern team used to run Dahon Global and design most
of Dahon's existing models..

Tern Verge P18
http://ternbicycles.com/sites/default/file...sample-hi_1.jpg

name, colour, spec, parts, more or less like the dash p18, what about the price???
gataddhin
post Aug 3 2011, 08:43 PM

I have been watching Tern very closely. I thought they will review their bikes during the EUROBIKE 2011 which starts from 31st August 2011. But they will quick in their response as many foldies are interested in their new bikes. They uploaded their website few days ago and later uploaded their forum section.

Most Tern Bikes are similar to Dahon's except with added features. There are 3 ways of their pricing strategy. First sell 10% less than the current Dahon bikes to capture the market. Second sell the same as Dahon bikes, with added features, consumers will pick Tern. Same price more features. Third sell 10% more than Dahon to distance Tern as boutique bikes.

H2D
post Aug 3 2011, 09:07 PM

On my way

wah its like the son goin to war against the dad....biggrin.gif

i would like to see the price of the verge p18 lesser than dash p18,

it seems tern bike is already with some major bike dealers for review,

check out this nycewheels post..

http://blog.nycewheels.com/tern-folding-bi...-to-drool-over/

looks like they are already testing the verge p18.....
gataddhin
post Aug 3 2011, 10:42 PM

As this will be my first bike purchase, price is my most concern. I just want a affordable and reliable bike that can bring me from point A to point B.

Hopefully Tern will strategically price one for the mass market and another higher price for the exclusively those who like gears, gadgets and features.
H2D
post Aug 3 2011, 11:10 PM

On my way

probably you will get one of the link series, since it looks like all their joints are the same.. only the frame design/style, specs n components are different.

so u gona use the bike for touring??

Added on August 4, 2011, 12:34 amafter reading more infos about Tern, looks like they are going to 'better' Dahon in a few ways,
and i think it will come with a price....

from the looks, the built quality of Tern is much more refine than Dahon's
Tern boast new joint designs, " serviceable and stainless steel parts " which even Dahon don't dare to claim.

Quoted from this article : http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/about-tern/011392

"Tern designers have spent a lot of time examining the durability of the bicycles in their folded position, too. A patented floating linkage removes any additional stress on the steel rod in the hinge clasp, and the rounded edges of the hinges removes sharp edges which can tear carry bags or injure others on public transport. The safety catch itself is made from engineering plastic..."

this paying attention to detail and quality parts will come with a price....

Dahon suing Johon+Flohon.... or tern.. laugh.gif

http://www.bike-eu.com/news/5092/dahon-fil...orence-hon.html

http://www.bike-eu.com/news/5121/legal-upd...on-dispute.html

http://www.bike-eu.com/news/5093/reaction-...-by-dahon-.html

http://www.bikebiz.com/index.php/news/read...-to-quit/011621

looks like singapore has a bigger folding bicycle / bicycle market... even though it is just a " small red dot "
Togoparts are invited to the Tern Launch in Taipei.

http://www.togoparts.com/articles/article....d=2065&pageid=1

here are more photos of the launch in flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/huggerindustr...ith/5843995445/

verge p18

user posted image

user posted image

other news bout Dahon bike loosing distributorship

http://www.bikebiz.com/index.php/news/read...ic-lines/011373

to understand more about Tern bicycles, read this interview with Johon

http://16incheswestofpeoria.wordpress.com/...n-n-out-burger/

This post has been edited by H2D: Aug 4 2011, 12:59 AM
gataddhin
post Aug 4 2011, 10:51 AM

Thanks for links. Interesting articles. Some I have read but some new to me.

I never love small wheel bikes thus I am going to buy a full-size bike. I wish to have JOE D24 but due to my budget, most likely I will go for entry-level JOE C21. Its all depend on our local distributor pricing. Hopefully they are throwing early tern discount.

As for touring with the bike, well.. I only use it as urban transportation. My intercity travels will be by public transport, such as train or bus. When I have more stamina or confidence then I will trash the bike on the trunk roads and see how far it goes. I think Tern are good bikes and it can last the trashing. Ha!Ha!
H2D
post Aug 5 2011, 01:48 AM

On my way

folding bike fun ride 2011

http://www.baikbike.com/first-folding-bike...011-31-07-2011/
etudiant
post Oct 1 2011, 12:19 AM

wow, good to know that the malaysian cyclist community have already known about the brand Tern. Just to support your previous discussion up here, I'd say Tern will be the much-awaited folding bike to come to our shore. I was informed by GWBikes in Kota Kemuning that they might (or they will) be one of the distributors of Tern bikes in KL. Hopefully other shops will bring them in as well, and I really hope that the pricing is good! They've got a good response in Eurobike recently, and let's hope for the best to them!

Alright, just dropping by, great input guys! smile.gif
H2D
post Oct 1 2011, 12:24 AM

On my way

some one posted the suggested price list from sg not long ago in one of the folding bike discussion group....

Verge X30h S Grey/Yellow 3199
Verge x20 s Black/Red 4699
Verge x10 White/Orange 2888
Verge S11i Black/Silver 3199
Verge Duo 1399
Verge P18 White/Red 1800
Link P9 Black/Red 1350
Link P24h Black/Green 1500
Link D8 White/Yellow 899
Link Uno limited units 999
Link C7 White/Grey 499

All prices in SGD and excludes GST if applicable.

This post has been edited by H2D: Oct 1 2011, 01:12 AM
inkyoctopuss
post Oct 4 2011, 09:07 PM

Getting Started

Hmmmh....planning to purchase Dahon Dash P18 (Rm2,500) this weekend but thanks for this forum for mention brand term is going to launch also. Quite interested with the verge p18 model. Is it wise to purchase Dahon now?
H2D
post Oct 4 2011, 09:39 PM

On my way

well if u can wait, maybe...
no one is sure when tern will be on sale, base on the sg price, it might not be that cheap,
but if u like p18, tern wont produce a model like tht.
once the local batch is sold out, not sure when they will restock again.
dahon din even manage to launch the p18 in the usa,
there are many ppl waiting there to get it....
sg oso dun have p18...
oni japan got a lot....

tern oredi on sale in japan,
the verge p18 rrp is 126000yen

u can check out the rest of the bike here

http://hashirin.com/archives/cat_49528.html

This post has been edited by H2D: Oct 4 2011, 09:51 PM
inkyoctopuss
post Oct 4 2011, 09:51 PM

Getting Started

thanks H2D for quick reply smile.gif . no wonder i cant find much review regarding this bike but i knew 1 member from this topic just bought it. ya in terms of design and spec this bike is quiet good. biggrin.gif actually planning to purchase dahon eco c7 because of the affordable price and budget but later change mind to model speed p8 and last choose dash p18 brows.gif
H2D
post Oct 4 2011, 09:53 PM

On my way

if u in kl, get it n join ocbc next week, i'm goin there.
inkyoctopuss
post Oct 4 2011, 10:07 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(H2D @ Oct 4 2011, 09:53 PM)
if u in kl, get it n join ocbc next week, i'm goin there.
i staying at kl also. Really want to join the ocbc nextweek coz can meet with u and other folding bike member but this 14-16 october i outstation cry.gif
are u joining folding bike club?
H2D
post Oct 4 2011, 10:13 PM

On my way

which folding bike club?

folding bike trading got organize activities, u can join them in facebook, they will keep u updated.
also there is monthly putrajaya interpark ride, oso can find in facebook.
there got a lot of foldies join.
inkyoctopuss
post Oct 4 2011, 10:19 PM

Getting Started

Is Dahon folding bike club from Rodalink. ya i manage to search a few folding bike club. After i purchase folding bike i going to join them too. H2D, which model u using now?

H2D
post Oct 4 2011, 11:01 PM

On my way

i bought dash p18 frm rodalink, remember a few things when u bought, i'm gona list it out. now

the folding bike club frm rodalink is not active at the moment, u can sign up " malaysian foldies group "
in google groups where some members will update about events.

when hv decided to get the bike, at the bike shop, ask them to remove the inner tubes,
and u inspect both the tubes with ur hand, feel it, make sure there is no patch, no
metal shavings stuck on the tube.

during manufacturing, they drill the double wall rim for the spoke holes,
and they din clean/clear the metal shavings trapped inside the double wall,
they just stick the rim tape and assemble, so one of my rim have a lot of metal shavings inside
and u can only shake it out, vacuum it out tru the inner tube valve hole.
the metal shaving punctured my tyre during a ride.
and one of my inner tube was patched by duno who, when i discovered it, it was already 2 weeks,
and they won't replace for me.

and make sure the inner tube is schwalbe - made in indonesia.

so when r u goin to get it ? this weeken? which branch?

This post has been edited by H2D: Oct 4 2011, 11:09 PM
inkyoctopuss
post Oct 4 2011, 11:10 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(H2D @ Oct 4 2011, 11:01 PM)
i bought  dash p18 frm rodalink, remember a few things when u bought, i'm gona list it out. now
ya, u got mention before. Remember ask the staff to check the tube. But i worried they decline to my request. Any other things and tips to look for when purchase the bike? thanks so much bro.
H2D
post Oct 4 2011, 11:15 PM

On my way

they kenot decline u, u said ur fren oredi kena, n u wana make sure,
man, u r paying 2.5k for the bike, it is not any cap ayam u noe. n not cheap oso.
just talk to them nicely and they will serve u alright, i'm pretty sure of that,

also make sure they adjust n tune both the RD n FD properly,
the tiagra RD the max size is exceeded in this bike, ....

max sprocket size for the tiagra is 27T

dash p18 max sprocket is 35T

so exceeded the spec, when the chain is at the max rear sprocket,
the upper pulley of the RD will touch the max sprocket.
there is just a little room left to adjust.

so u put the bike on the stand, shift it to the max sprocket, and turn the pedal
forward and backwards as well. make sure the upper pulley is not
scraping the max sprocket, if it does, u can feel it and can hear grinding noise.

do this in the bike shop before u take it home.
else u have to adjust it at home......

This post has been edited by H2D: Oct 4 2011, 11:25 PM
inkyoctopuss
post Oct 4 2011, 11:22 PM

Getting Started

sorry, what u mean by RD n FD? is it mean front gear and rear gear? Btw did ur dash p18 got strange sound or noise on the lockjaw hinge?thanks
H2D
post Oct 4 2011, 11:33 PM

On my way

yeah rd n fd is front n rear derailleur.

lockjaw noise u read from dahon forum right, i'm oso scare of tht.
but my bike is oso very new n seldom use, so i duno if it will happen in the future.

to be honest, dahon oso ah... when they assemble oso like pakai hentam oni, mass produce in kilang mar....

my lockjaw looks a bit not aligned, a bit oni, so far it can lock tight, n doesn't seem to hv problem, i'm not heavy oso, if u weight like over 80kg, then better think twice buying folding bike for heavy use.

u should download the user manual from dahon website, read it properly and familiarize ur self with the bike.

then at the bike shop, u use the allen key to unlock the bike, fold it, unfold it lock it, do it a few times, to see got any problem or not. dun depend on the sale person to check for u.

the biologic allen key provide with the bike - store inside the right grip is kinda flimsy at the welding joint, ive already broken mine, and got it replaced, so dun use excessive force, u use a proper allen key and keep that as a spare inside the grip.

This post has been edited by H2D: Oct 4 2011, 11:34 PM
inkyoctopuss
post Oct 4 2011, 11:57 PM

Getting Started

Thanks so much for the info! so u mean i have to shift to gear 1-9 on level H and turn the pedal to make sure no grinding noise from the pedal?
my weight is below 80kg. Anyway hope can meet u and we can ride together at the weekend. Btw, does dahon bike got warranty? example the bike frame become rusty or any other thing?
H2D
post Oct 5 2011, 12:03 AM

On my way

got warranty, forgot how long, for workmanship defect on the frame,
it is alu frame, so it wont rust like steel.

yes, shift to 9 and test on H and L, not grinding on pedal
grinding of the upper RD pulley with the big sprocket on the rear.

i will update here, when the next putrajaya interpark ride is on this month. maybe i will join.

look at this diagram, below.

for dash p18, the largest sprocket will almost touch the guide pulley,
there is very little room. cos the RD spec is exceeded.

user posted image

This post has been edited by H2D: Oct 5 2011, 12:07 AM
inkyoctopuss
post Oct 5 2011, 12:27 AM

Getting Started

Ok.thanks Now I get the clear picture of it. The ocbc race is coming. I sure u will practice from now onwards.
The folding bike category is 21km right? I very longtime also didn't ride since secondary school. For 10km distance is also problem for me. Is good also I skip this race : ( since my work commitment is not allowed me too. Good luck and gambateh to all folding bike geng!

H2D
post Oct 5 2011, 12:43 AM

On my way

its not a race la.. the folding bike group is kinda like a race cos, it got hadiah, but some said they dun wana race just ride for fun,

i just join the 21km community ride, cos tht time no folding group yet, so now i dun bother switch.. just mass ride for fun..
etudiant
post Oct 7 2011, 10:30 PM

QUOTE(H2D @ Oct 5 2011, 12:43 AM)
its not a race la.. the folding bike group is kinda like a race cos, it got hadiah, but some said they dun wana  race just ride for fun,

i just join the 21km community ride, cos tht time no folding group yet, so now i dun bother switch.. just mass ride for fun..
Hi H2D, thanks for the price list in SGD. that really helped, saw that same pricelist in Tern's forum. Hmm, as a student I think I'llbe only purchasing the Tern Link C7 (if I'm not mistaken) - the cheapest Tern there is!

Oh and recently, I saw another folding bike brand from Taiwan, called 'Orbit'. It's quite good - the workmanship, the price is reasonable, the saddle looks good, the shifter looks unique (by Shimano) and I had a test-ride with it and boy it was quite good. As a beginner, I think it's as good as Dahon.
I really need a bike (a folding one that is) as I need to commute from home to college for my lectures.

So what say you guys, should I give the Orbit bike a go, or should I just wait for Tern bikes to come..My budget is RM1k only for the bike. Hmm.

Alright, just asking to chip in your thoughts, thanks in advance! smile.gif
H2D
post Oct 7 2011, 11:46 PM

On my way

if u wana save, can consider the used bikes frm GW cycle.

Added on October 9, 2011, 1:03 amgood news, a batch of tern bikes is on the way from taiwan, it is official that lerun is bringing it in, as i have mentioned earlier, there is no problem at all that they are distributing dahon along with tern.
expect the bikes to be on sale in Nov this year.

pic taken from blogger sam's samosaurus.

user posted image

This post has been edited by H2D: Oct 9 2011, 01:03 AM
gigigaga
post Oct 10 2011, 01:55 PM

I am planning to get a bike,looking at dash p18, anyone own this bike ? mind to share some inputs, The dahon lockjaw hinge how realiable ? what is the cheapest price ?

Added on October 10, 2011, 1:57 pmAny new about selling price for tern bike in malaysia, will it be cheaper then dahon selling price in malaysia ???

This post has been edited by gigigaga: Oct 10 2011, 01:57 PM
H2D
post Oct 10 2011, 02:02 PM

On my way

u can read the earlier posts, all have been replied.
inkyoctopuss
post Oct 10 2011, 08:02 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(gigigaga @ Oct 10 2011, 01:55 PM)
I am planning to get a bike,looking at dash p18, anyone own this bike ? mind to share some inputs, The dahon lockjaw hinge how realiable ? what is the cheapest price ?

Added on October 10, 2011, 1:57 pmAny new about selling price for tern bike in malaysia, will it be cheaper then dahon selling price in malaysia ???
Hehe I'm waiting for my dash p18. Already paid deposit but have to wait for the stock to arrive. If you got any Q & A regarding dash p18. U should ask H2D coz he own this bike. But basically he already explain very detail from previous post.
H2D
post Oct 10 2011, 09:25 PM

On my way

u bought frm rodalink or fbt?
dickybird
post Oct 10 2011, 09:30 PM

Regular

how much for p18?

gigigaga
post Oct 10 2011, 09:52 PM

H2D ,do you have a folding bag for your dash p18 ? I need to take it on plane when going abroad ,and into train or mrt went its going travelling , try to get the cheapest quotation for dash p18 .
H2D
post Oct 10 2011, 11:09 PM

On my way

dash p18 is 2.5k, i dun think u can get cheaper in msia, cos oni one distributor = lerun,
folding bike trading is also getting frm lerun. no grey import.

one thing, u wan bag etc, rodalink price is always much more expensive. try to check other shops or online to get an idea wht is the price range.

p18 take on plane, to make is smaller, u hv to remove both the wheels, the flat handle bar, u just take out frm the stem so u can put it vertical, n oso the seat take out reposition, then i think ( i hvn't tried ) u can fit it inside the largest airline legal bag.

Dahon got a very huge case for sale, but oversize baggage n oso expensive.
this is the range that dahon sell.
http://www.dahon.com/accessories/luggage

take on mrt, u need a soft bag like this jap fler use, the ostrich.

if u plan to commute often with the bike, u might wana consider verge p18 which is more compact.

jap guy putting p18 into bag b4 board train.
user posted image

waiting for train,
user posted image

bike store inside train
user posted image

this is the ostrich bag jap fler use.
user posted image

user posted image

putting d x20 inside.
user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by H2D: Oct 11 2011, 02:01 AM
gigigaga
post Oct 11 2011, 12:02 PM

Thanks H2D, you recommend me verge p18 from tern bike is it? My height 180cm and weight 88kgs , is dash p18 alright for me ? how the lockjaw hinge? so far the hinge do make any problem for you ? do you buy any folding bag for your dash p18 ?
I just bought hasa minimax for my wife, have a look Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Added on October 11, 2011, 12:03 pmHaSa MiNiMax M2 18speeds

This post has been edited by gigigaga: Oct 11 2011, 12:03 PM
H2D
post Oct 11 2011, 12:15 PM

On my way

i haven't used it long enuf to test the lock jaw, n i hvn't bought any bag for it.

ur hasa seems nice for normal use, got 18 speed oso,
u can cycle the hasa, n use force a bit to test it, like cycle hard up the hill, make a sprint/dash, to check if u feel any flex etc or it can tahan ur weight or suit ur height.
most folding bike are about this size.

verge is not here yet, if u r interested u might wana wait.
it all depends on how u gona use it. smaller to pack, or the double bar frame, obviously, the dash frame can distribute weight better n oso the seat post no need to raise that high for ur height.

This post has been edited by H2D: Oct 11 2011, 12:16 PM
gigigaga
post Oct 11 2011, 12:55 PM

Hi H2D, I had been searching high and low for foldie, finally decide to get the hasa minimax M2 for my wife, in fact i think Hasa M2 is good value compare to dahon mu p8, my first intention was to get 2 units of hasa M2, but i prefer dash p18, cause no need to adjust the seat post that high to suit my height 180cm. Do you think the tern bike verge p18 will be cheaper then dahon in malaysia, shall i wait for couple of week to see what tern bike can offer?

Added on October 11, 2011, 1:00 pmHardly to find any user review for tern bike on google search , even in taiwan.

This post has been edited by gigigaga: Oct 11 2011, 01:00 PM
H2D
post Oct 11 2011, 03:36 PM

On my way

price wise, not so sure,
the thing is, u can't try the bikes, so...
tern is very much like the new high end dahon model, only the joint which has improved.

if u wait for tern then decide to go dahon, mebe stock habis... for dash p18 then...??
so u hv to ask the dist if they still got enuf stock, ?

hv u seen montague bikes? also can fold, but it is full size. price not cheap smile.gif

This post has been edited by H2D: Oct 11 2011, 03:42 PM
gigigaga
post Oct 11 2011, 05:01 PM

i try montague bikes , too big for me to carry around when going abroad, and price is on the high side, my budget 2-2.5 k only.

Added on October 11, 2011, 5:11 pmH2D, how many bike do you own? how many points do you give dash p18 (10 points full ) in overall performance ?

This post has been edited by gigigaga: Oct 11 2011, 05:11 PM
H2D
post Oct 11 2011, 05:14 PM

On my way

looks like u will use it abroad, then size n convenient is the main point.

wah i'm not expert in bikes, i only hav d dash p18 n old lerun bike.
but u can't judge it like that i think,
u wan easy fold, smaller, cheaper then hasa can do mar,
if u like the form n style, then hv to sacrifice size lor..
all depend on how u want it....

This post has been edited by H2D: Oct 11 2011, 05:17 PM
maverickzack
post Oct 13 2011, 01:00 AM

Casual

Hi guys,

We're selling BROOKS saddles and other products at LOW Price!
We sells San Marco, Ritchey, Crank Brothers, etc..

Brooks B17 - RM330[SIZE=7]

Visit www.facebook.com/mavebikestore to view our products and prices as well!

Thank you! :-)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
H2D
post Oct 13 2011, 11:34 PM

On my way

QUOTE(etudiant @ Oct 7 2011, 10:30 PM)
Oh and recently, I saw another folding bike brand from Taiwan, called 'Orbit'. It's quite good - the workmanship, the price is reasonable, the saddle looks good, the shifter looks unique (by Shimano) and I had a test-ride with it and boy it was quite good. As a beginner, I think it's as good as Dahon.
I really need a bike (a folding one that is) as I need to commute from home to college for my lectures.

So what say you guys, should I give the Orbit bike a go, or should I just wait for Tern bikes to come..My budget is RM1k only for the bike. Hmm.

Alright, just asking to chip in your thoughts, thanks in advance! smile.gif
a member of the folding bike group just mentioned that this Orbit bike was selling at RM 500 in one of the shops,
where as the normal price in other shop is RM 800.
it comes with mudgard and rear rack. quiet well made he said, value for money as well.

He gave the direction to the bike shop,

" The shop is at Taman Sri Sinar. You can either approach from Jalan Segambut or Jalan Lang Emas. The shop is along Jalan Lang Kuning, after the Esso Station, drive straight on for about 400m. and turn left to the row of shophouses facing Jln. Lang Kuning.

The shopowner is a Chinese but it is managed by a Bangladeshi and his wife. His name is Salam. "

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Economics Crisis
post Oct 14 2011, 12:01 AM

On my way

wao nice bike gonna have 1 soon also for myself biggrin.gif
ManutdGiggs
post Oct 14 2011, 12:34 AM

10k Club

QUOTE(H2D @ Oct 13 2011, 11:34 PM)
a member of the folding bike group just mentioned that this Orbit bike was selling at RM 500 in one of the shops,
it comes with mudgard and rear rack. quiet well made he said, value for money as well.

" The shop is at Taman Sri Sinar.  You can either approach from Jalan Segambut or Jalan Lang Emas.  The shop is along Jalan Lang Kuning, after the Esso Station, drive straight on for about 400m. and turn left to the row of shophouses facing Jln. Lang Kuning. 

The shopowner is a Chinese but it is managed by a Bangladeshi and his wife.  His name is Salam. "
Tis shop has plenty of good bicycle. Cheaper than lots a shop out there. Quality oso very good. Bot 1 few mths back. Worth for money.

Added on October 14, 2011, 12:34 am

" The shop is at Taman Sri Sinar.  You can either approach from Jalan Segambut or Jalan Lang Emas.  The shop is along Jalan Lang Kuning, after the Esso Station, drive straight on for about 400m. and turn left to the row of shophouses facing Jln. Lang Kuning. 

The shopowner is a Chinese but it is managed by a Bangladeshi and his wife.  His name is Salam. "
Tis shop has plenty of good bicycle. Cheaper than lots a shop out there. Quality oso very good. Bot 1 few mths back. Worth for money.

This post has been edited by ManutdGiggs: Oct 14 2011, 12:34 AM
faizalmzain
post Oct 14 2011, 05:57 PM

Regular

do you have the name of the shop?

Added on October 15, 2011, 10:21 pm

I actually went to ths

I actually went to this shop today. They have 2 models priced rm400 and rm500. Comes with free gifts.
They also sell hummer folding mountain bike for rm1300.

However they only accept cash.

This post has been edited by faizalmzain: Oct 15 2011, 10:21 PM
lin00b
post Oct 16 2011, 06:52 PM

nobody

anyone tried the lerun aeon 20" folding bike? 6 speed for rm499. Local product though, not sure on quality. also it's part of maybankard's treatpoint offer, so those who has collected a bunch of points can get it for free
H2D
post Oct 16 2011, 06:56 PM

On my way

QUOTE(faizalmzain @ Oct 14 2011, 05:57 PM)
do you have the name of the shop?

Added on October 15, 2011, 10:21 pm
I actually went to this shop today. They have 2 models priced rm400 and rm500. Comes with free gifts.
They also sell hummer folding mountain bike for rm1300.

However they only accept cash.
did u get one?
faizalmzain
post Oct 16 2011, 07:57 PM

Regular

QUOTE(H2D @ Oct 16 2011, 06:56 PM)
did u get one?
i did today.

for those interested can go to their website here http://www.2fast-4u.com/
apparently they have 3 branches.

user posted image
H2D
post Oct 16 2011, 11:16 PM

On my way

do u like the bike?

faizalmzain
post Oct 17 2011, 11:27 AM

Regular

QUOTE(H2D @ Oct 16 2011, 11:16 PM)
do u like the bike?
first and foremost i have to admit i haven't ride a bike since i was a kid. laugh.gif
i have tried last night ride to nearby shop for dinner, so far ok but the handle feels very light. is it normal for a foldie?

no problem ride up a slope either.

This post has been edited by faizalmzain: Oct 17 2011, 11:33 AM
H2D
post Oct 17 2011, 11:35 AM

On my way

small wheel bike is like tht, a bit twitchy , nimble , unstable if u used to ride big wheels.
lower the handle bars or raise the seat if u wana put more weight on the front.
faizalmzain
post Oct 17 2011, 11:52 AM

Regular

QUOTE(H2D @ Oct 17 2011, 11:35 AM)
small wheel bike is like tht, a bit twitchy , nimble , unstable if u used to ride big wheels.
lower the handle bars or raise the seat if u wana put more weight on the front.
thanks for the tip.
right now i need to buy a helmet to join night ride with neighbourhood riders.
they usually ride on thursday and saturday night.

i hope their route is foldie friendly.
H2D
post Oct 17 2011, 12:00 PM

On my way

all depends on ur leg,
yday ocbc ride even fixie can climb hill.smile.gif

This post has been edited by H2D: Oct 17 2011, 12:01 PM
dickybird
post Oct 17 2011, 03:49 PM

Regular

Dahon eco C7!
gigigaga
post Oct 20 2011, 12:09 PM

hi H2D,
i just got my dash p18 yesterday, i bought from friend bike shop,not from rodalink, i read the manual it says need to register your bike at dahon.com, i try to register but fail to enter the serial number,
Do you register your dash p18 on dahon.com?
by the way my bike shop mechanic broken the " T " tool when tighten the lockjaw hinge, just wonder why this thing happen on dahon bike, now my friend have to claim one for me instead, how about your's ?
I thought dahon will supply good quality products, what i have to say the " T "tool was rubbish.
Still haven't test run the bike yet, this few days keep raining in my area, can't wait to ride my new bike with my another new bike (hasa minimax m2) .

Added on October 20, 2011, 12:14 pmnow i have to source the folding bag for dash p18, for transport purpose on train and flight. I just bought the dahon stow bag to put my hasa minimax m2, but no luck to put the dash p18 inside the dahon stow bag. If you ever come across any good and reasonable price folding bag for dash p18, please inform me ,thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by gigigaga: Oct 20 2011, 12:14 PM
H2D
post Oct 20 2011, 12:26 PM

On my way

hi good to hear frm u again,

yes i manage to register at dahon.com, did u manage to get the serial right?
cos it is kinda hard to make out afew numbers or alphabet.

yea i mentioned a bout the t-tool in earlier post, so ppl can be aware n not use it too much to tighten.

i already broken mine biggrin.gif n got it replaced by lerun.
the tool is made by ergologic, i emailed them to tell them that this tool is very weak at the welding joint, hope they will redesign it.

another thing i wana show about the p18 is the inner tube. wait i get the pic.....

fitting the dash p18 into a carry bag is another issue, because of the odd size..
have to find a bigger bag, not the ones for normal folding bike.

i think there are those made in china ones, which can get from taobao.com
getting it locally might be a problem.

this bike bag looks big enough, but i think it still won't fit the dash p18?

pic taken frm http://tigerkun.blogspot.com/

some bicycle carry bags on sale in rakuten.com for big wheel bikes, that i think will fit the dash p18.
there are specs n measurements below.
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/auc-ple...5/item/db-03-1/

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/auc-ad-...e/item/monb032/

ostrich bag
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/bebike/item/ostrich_l100/

biologic t- tool that comes with the dahon dash p18. broken.
if you look closely, there is a manufacturing flaw.
welding is suppose to between metal and metal, but the welding on this tool is on the coating of the metal.

Attached Image

the schwalbe inner tube that comes with the dahon dash p18 is different than
the schwalbe tube that you purchase from bike stores, in terms of thickness.
at first i thought why is this tube so thin like a balloon??
then when i bought another new tube, the difference it obvious.

the one on the left is the original tube that comes with the dash p18.
it is very thin and easily punctured , there are already signs of crack when i fold it.

the schwalbe tube 20inch with presta valve, is rrp Rm 29 in rodalink.
you can get it for RM 21 in penang.
taiwan 20 inch tube is about Rm 15. but bike stores in klang valley will price it below RM 20.

Attached Image

if u like to bargain hunt and on budget, there are a lot of bicycle accessories from china that is very low priced, and " usable " ,
that you can get from taobao.com
of cos there are disadvantages of shopping in taobao.com but a lot of deals are worth it. smile.gif

This post has been edited by H2D: Oct 20 2011, 02:03 PM
gigigaga
post Oct 20 2011, 06:57 PM

H2D,
oh man ,you really got a lot of info about dash p18, you from penang?
just too bad ,the weather in my area full of rain couple of days back, no chance to test my bike at all . do you buy anything yet from taobao ?

what cycle computer you use ? have you heard of "sunding"brand ,wireless sell for rm40, very cheap ,but no info on the quality.

About the serial number on the bike, when i try to key in the first digit number ( from 0 to 9 ) it always show error massage. i call up lerun ,they told me no need to register online.
H2D
post Oct 20 2011, 08:44 PM

On my way

no i'm frm KL. smile.gif
i think whole of klang valley is rainin here n there, day and night right now.

yes i have bought a few things from taobao.

you might want to get,
1. helmet, water bottle n cage/ bladder, flat repair kit,
2. bags to fit on bike, locks, headlights, toolkits, gloves, shorts, eyewear, chain lube,
3. floor pump, cyclecomputer,

for electronic stuffs like a cyclecomputer i wouldn't go for real cheap stuff.
i'm still using a 15 year old wired cateye with cadence, cateye astrale.

reputable brands are like SIgma, cateye,
expensive stuffs - garmin, polar

bicycle tools, also kenot use cheap cheap stuff, cos real cheap stuffs, the precision is not there, when u need it, it might fail on you in an emergency.

i have bought helmet, bags, gloves, shirts, bike stand, chain cleaner, light holder, rear blinker, head scarf, arm protector, bell, bottle cages from taobao sellers.

buying from taobao is like a bit of a gamble.... so i wouldn't buy really expensive stuffs, even it turns out to be a lemon, a bit cacat, if still usable,
it is still worth it, when the price of the same thing is almost 2times if u buy frm ppl selling in "bike sell buy" site or shops here.
also u need to spend some time to " tao" the "bao" to get good deals from reputable sellers there.

if u can find products selling here at shops, u can view it to see if it is acceptable quality, then u check whether the same product is being sold in taobao.

the sunding cyclecomp is china brand, selling here bout RM 42 free post, in taobao selling for 34.50 rmb biggrin.gif
if rosak can just chuck it lo..

i recommend the camel back podium.
i got the 24oz bottle without insulation for RM 32 each.

This post has been edited by H2D: Oct 20 2011, 09:11 PM
inkyoctopuss
post Oct 20 2011, 11:59 PM

Getting Started

Hi H2D and gigigaga,

Just received my new ride smile.gif Hope we can ride together and meet up soon!

user posted image

Added on October 21, 2011, 12:15 amBesides that, currently looking for Topeak saddle bag and Cateye wireless meter also.

This post has been edited by inkyoctopuss: Oct 21 2011, 12:16 AM
H2D
post Oct 21 2011, 12:39 AM

On my way

nice!
topeak is dist by lerun I think, so if u don't mind d price rodalink bangsar n hartamas got quite a range.

after the ocbc ride. biggrin.gif
Attached Image

This post has been edited by H2D: Oct 21 2011, 01:54 AM
gigigaga
post Oct 21 2011, 05:42 AM

Hi inky ,
Welcome to dash p18 ,i think in malaysia have very few units of dash p18 been sold, just wondering how many people surfing this forum own a dashi ? it took me few waiting days after booking from a bike shop,the shop seller told me only one unit left in lerun store ,the next shipment maybe next year .where dong you bought your dashi ? Rodalink ?

Hi H2D ,
you really know how to tao the bao ,haha . Hope to see you "tao " more "bao" and share your "bao" in this forum . To keep this forum rolling .

I found out not many info or review on dashi when try to search on google , its think dashi are very niche model among all the dahon series or even other brands foldie . I think japanese like this dashi a lot . A lot of japanese blogger mention p18 , just curious most of japanese are less then 5"9 tall ,why they like this tall bike,what you think ?
inkyoctopuss
post Oct 21 2011, 07:46 AM

Getting Started

Ya H2D, for equipment and accessories I also prefer more expensive brand because I believe it can last more longer and reliable.

Gigigaga,
I waited for 2weeks for the dash p18 after I paid the deposit. I bought at the bike shop near my house, Wangsa Maju.
Regarding the dash p18, I read at Dahon forum. Actually the dash p18 not available in Europe country example USA although Dahon got mention to distribute this model at there. Alot of forummers from Europe want to purchase this model because the structure of this bike is just like a road bike and the spec is also not bad.

I took it for a spin I tell you this bike is fast and light when going down hill and up hill. : )
H2D
post Oct 21 2011, 12:35 PM

On my way

yea, the dash p18 didn't make it to the usa n oso europe, oso singapore n thailand oso dun have, they oni have the old model dahon silvertip.

so if this year's stock frm lerun all habis, means it sells very well, more than 24 units all sold. at the ocbc ride, i saw 2, one is own by a lyn member who post his bike pic here earlier. the price frm lerun is also a bit cheaper, compare to direct convert frm sg silvertip price n usa rrp. i think taiwan oso din get this model. only japan got a lot, they have black colour, n S size. japan have a huge following on mini velo bikes, so the market is there.

some big bike bags frm taobao.

bag1

bag2

bag3

bag4

these transparent bike bags are quite nice.

WOHO bags

some of the bike shops in taobao.com
some items are replicas or fakes, n sometimes they use the genuine products pictures
and erase the logo to show as their own product. so just use common sense when buying.

http://sevenmountain.taobao.com/

http://yy1026.taobao.com/

http://abelfoxechina.taobao.com/

http://mountainpeak.tmall.com

http://basecamp.taobao.com/

http://1000bike.taobao.com/

http://gowilds.taobao.com/

http://inbike.taobao.com/

http://zerobike.taobao.com/

This post has been edited by H2D: Oct 21 2011, 03:27 PM
gigigaga
post Oct 21 2011, 04:22 PM

Attached Image
hi H2D,Inky
my dashi, no chance to test run yet. H2D ,thanks for the transport bag info, still not confidence to buy from taobao, china too many con man.haha, i think malaysian have more intergrity compare to china man ,just see how the roti van driver hit the poor small girl case, shame on them.
H2D
post Oct 21 2011, 04:28 PM

On my way

fuah... power man ur arak at the back... siap with hifi stand heheh biggrin.gif

taobao still ok la..
if u look at the agents in lyn tht help ppl buy frm taobao, they got lotsa biz man...

hope u will able to ride soon,
think its gona start rainin again soon...

This post has been edited by H2D: Oct 21 2011, 04:28 PM
gigigaga
post Oct 21 2011, 04:49 PM

the 4 cannon at the back, i had keep for more then 10years, the value can buy 3 units of dash, haahaa. For investment . better then share market ...i guess...

Added on October 21, 2011, 4:54 pmi think not the right time for me to get dash, can see can't ride, raining almost everyday. i plan to take my 2 bikes to travel in japan this year end, so start to cycle to build up stamina . that why i need a transport bag.

thanks for the info on taobao again ,H2D

This post has been edited by gigigaga: Oct 21 2011, 04:54 PM
inkyoctopuss
post Oct 21 2011, 05:55 PM

Getting Started

Gigigaga, nice bike and nice wine hehe. Very boring, want to ride the bike but everyday 4pm-6pm will rain very heavy. Anyguys, Malaysia has a new folding bike forum. You can join and can discuss everything also. http://www.malaysianfoldies.rocks.it/ there have more experience folding bike members.
H2D
post Oct 21 2011, 06:04 PM

On my way

those r not wine man.... smile.gif

yep I noe bout d forum, still lurkin there.

if u guys start posting there I will post there soon.
gigigaga
post Oct 21 2011, 06:19 PM

H2D,
you really know what in the bottl