Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Folding Bicycle like...........Dahon?, Any Idea..??? Please contribute.. Thx

views

Bil88
post Jun 14 2010, 02:12 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(underworld @ Apr 21 2010, 08:13 PM)
i also lookin some fold bikes and interested in the Dahon cadenza
so far i have check this place http://www.tscycle.com donno the price is cheapest or not

anybody knows where else they have sell dahon cadenza ?
LeRun is the distributor for Dahon and I think there is an outlet in Bangsar.

Anyone here keen on group folding bike riding? Any Folder Club or Group in Malaysia?
Bil88
post Aug 2 2010, 04:30 PM

0 posts

Hi .. RJdio,

Is your Speed P8 at RM1.5k price in China? I think it is slightly over RM2k in KL. I just wonder whether it is having the same components as mentioned in the Dahon Home page website. For our local model here, it is the same. Wonder what is the difference for the "China Domestic Modal" ?? Price only difference?

QUOTE(RJdio @ Aug 1 2010, 03:08 PM)
Im based in Beijing right now - am planning on getting one of these folding bikes. Does anyone know how the Dahon Archer stacks up against the Mu SL / Mu P8 / Speed P9 - Is it the same? Indeed the wording - China Domestic Model is on the side.  I know theres only one color - kinda darkish grey and its a 7005 Alu frame. I can get it for about RM1.5k.

Can anyone explain the ride - I've owned road bikes and MTB's, and am not too sure about a frame that folds.. hmm.gif

Kinda looks like this:
http://www.dahon.com/bikes/2010/speed-p8

Added on August 1, 2010, 10:41 pmNevermind - I confirmed it's a Speed P8.
Here are some up close pics if you dont mind the chinese text.
Any user feedback ?

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=6303762909
Bil88
post Aug 8 2010, 12:13 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(syd04 @ Aug 2 2010, 11:54 PM)
Any foldies club around in KL? Would be nice to have a fun ride with other foldies.
If you are keen, please PM me your contact. Will be glad to welcome you if you are within KL or PJ. thumbup.gif

Otherwise can also join us when we do adventure outings by folder/train to interesting places. icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Bil88: Aug 8 2010, 12:45 AM
Bil88
post Aug 25 2010, 09:13 PM

0 posts

Hi .. Sean61,

You are definitely not a newbie to cycling doing all those trips and at an average speed of 26 + km/hr on the basic Dahon Eco3. Congratulations!!

I guessed that you are from the Northern States, however, here in the Central, there are occasions that we do have folders outings by multi-mode transportation.

At this moment, not confirmed as yet, possibility of another outing by KTM/folders to the Sungkai Hot-spring sometime in September. If you are keen can pm me.

[I]...o^`o ...o^`o ...o^`o ...o^`o

QUOTE(sean61 @ Aug 23 2010, 07:49 PM)
Hi all,

I am a newbie here blush.gif . The last time I owned and rode a bike more seriously was during my scouting days in school, which was some 40+ years ago.

Now at age 61 and having just retired recently I have decided to take up an additional form of exercise beside my usual hiking and jogging activities. So cycling came naturally into my mind. No MTB because I found I can hike up the BM hill faster than some MTBikers so will reserve the BM Hill for hiking only (for me).

Decided on an entry level Dahon Eco3 as I want the mobility to take along the bike in my car trunk to wherever I go. Since purchased I have covered over 800 km in the vicinity of Shah Alam and Bukit Mertajam. Found the Eco3 to be just adequate and will consider upgrading when my skill or shall I say strength and interest pick up.

Have added a basic model bike computer(Wireless) to keep track on my progress. My cycling distance progressed from 10km/trip to around 30km/trip and the longest trip I have done was 52.5km sweat.gif , a return trip from Bm to Jawi, which was done within 2 hours at an average speed of 26.4 km/hr. Not bad for an Oldie on a Foldie huh, especially on an Eco3!

So far my cycling was done solo and would love to join in group touring, whether confine to folder or combine with Roadies or MTB's. And also to share in cycling experience icon_question.gif

Look through the Dahon forum but noted very few Malaysian participation so try this forum.
  blush.gif Actually I wanted to post this in the thread by "kethon 27" entitled "Folding Bicycle like...........Dahon".
icon_question.gif  Could the Administrator move this thread under the above heading please. Thank you.
Bil88
post Aug 27 2010, 05:59 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(sean61 @ Aug 27 2010, 05:20 PM)
....... ... ...

Thank you for answering at all. ..... ...
I will be in Shah Alam in September so Sungkai Hot Spring outing looks fine to me but will wait to see your detailed itinerary before deciding.
Hi ..sean61,

You are most welcome especially as a "newbie", and I will try my best to help wherever possible. You may PM me with your email address so that I can give you more details of any Folders outings.

BTW, here is a good outing to interact with other cyclists and at the same time for a good course. I may be there too with my folder ... On the 18th Sept there is a "Pedal Away Polio Fund Raising Cycling Expedition" starting from Sunway Pyramid 9:00am to 1:00pm on a loop of about 30km. You may find more information in this link:

http://rotaract-tuc.blogspot.com/

Spread the words about the above event to help charity.

Added on September 17, 2010, 3:45 pm whistling.gif Anyone here are cycling with folding bikes beside the usual?

This post has been edited by Bil88: Sep 17 2010, 03:45 PM
Bil88
post Sep 29 2010, 12:03 AM

0 posts

Folding bikes outings is slightly different from the usual biking. We usually do multi-mode commuting to some exciting places by car ... short distance, by train / bus ... slightly longer distance ... by airlines ... for some overseas adventures with our folding bikes. You are most welcome to join in to any of our outings.

Some of us do cycle in Putrajaya, but with our normal road bikes not folders. Folders are for fun and adventures and I do use folders for my commuting too. nod.gif

QUOTE(mike xtreme @ Sep 28 2010, 05:47 PM)
hi guys, i am a foldable cyclist too. i got mine imported used from japan. it has 6 speed and rear suspension only...hehe

any special outing for foldables? i would love to join...i am from seri kembangan. i did cycle in putrajaya once, but dun have much kaki on this so cant really go...
Bil88
post Oct 5 2010, 04:22 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(desert1 @ Oct 4 2010, 02:24 PM)
1st KL Folders Ride 3.10.10
Bukit Aman- Kenny Hills- Hartamas- Bkt Aman 20km.

Low vehicular traffic but high human traffic (runners from Pacesetters).
Enjoyed fresh air, cool morning, free isotonic drinks courtesy of Pacestters.

Siang, Angela n I brought our Brompton M3L (3 speed) (mine) and Dahons (Curve SL, 9 speed). 100m into the ride Angela had a puncture and abandoned the ride leaving Siang n I to continue. Along the way 2 cyclists on road bikes joined us to complete the entire route.

Good ride n good company. This is just the beginning!

Mike, not to fret, there are more foldie rides to come in the near future.
Great to know all of you are having fun, regret not able to meet up with all of you this time. Presently doing a folder touring in UK and hope able to catch up with other folders too.

The World Brompton Folding Bike Race took place in the lousy weather of UK and yet about 600 riders turn up for the race to win both championships for a S6L-X in each category, Fastest Male and Fastest Female.
Bil88
post Oct 17 2010, 05:43 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(sc2 @ Oct 16 2010, 12:44 PM)
any1 know the price for Dahon eco 3? Thanks smile.gif
Easily check it out for the latest update price from the distributor, Rodalink in KL. I understand Singapore is a different distributor, so you may check that too for comparision.
Bil88
post Oct 27 2010, 05:45 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(tinster @ Oct 27 2010, 10:50 AM)
hi,

Does anyone know anywhere else besides Rodalink that sells Dahon foldable bikes?  I am looking at buying one but the Rodalink that I went (Hartamas branch) is not so well stocked and they also not so helpful to me =(
QUOTE(syd04 @ Oct 27 2010, 01:21 PM)

You can try Rodalink Bangsar
Agreed ... Rodalink in Bangsar do have better stock of Dahon. If you need help, you may PM me. I will be glad to share with you my experience about folding bikes. My first folding bike is a Dahon, and it is now about 25 years old. It is still used ocassionally.

Bil88
post Dec 22 2010, 10:55 AM

0 posts

If you are looking for folding bike, I suggest that you do a good research on the internet and talk to those who own and have been frequently using the their folding bikes in all conditions before you make your purchase. Lately, folders are attracting a lot of interest and many types are selling locally now.

Not all folders are the same. There are many good one and also some not worth what you are going to pay for. I am finding difficulty to find a local dealer or technician who is competence enough to service my SA Hub on my folder. If someone has the skill, I will be glad to discuss with him/her.

Hopefully, the present growing interest will help to develop a good following of dealers, technicians and users. .. I have a few folders and my first one is 26 years old and still using occasionally.

QUOTE(mad4419 @ Dec 22 2010, 12:27 AM)
.......... ...

still looking for folding bike... any recomended (around putrajaya). putrajaya just have 1 new bike shop at presint 15 and just have dohan fodable bikes. i'm looking for strida a shape ( strida LT).

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0381sec    0.57    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:43 PM