Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

40 Pages « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Bike Gear Talk, ATGATT? gloves, boots, pants etc.

views

alexei
post Mar 7 2023, 12:17 PM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

QUOTE(persona93 @ Mar 7 2023, 11:51 AM)
all 3 can put on consistently, tried, not that difficult, but just looking from the practicality POV

like i sometimes ride from work back to fiancee place, if i wear boots then need to go up her condo and change slipper if we go out for dinner, like i wouldnt want to be wearing the boots for dinner

same goes to riding to office, atleast the generic ones wont be obvious since they look like normal sneakers
perhaps the low cut with ankle protection suitable
then, add a shin guard - a knee to shin, or just a simple soccer shin strap also can

my 2 sen. I don't have enough lower body protection to work, and having similar questions myself
jaycee1
post Mar 7 2023, 01:07 PM

AFK
2,435 posts

QUOTE(persona93 @ Mar 7 2023, 10:33 AM)
wow sampai ke Jepun thumbup.gif

btw want to ask for riding boots, is it worth to get those full ones or just get those generic ones, like riding to work then walk around with the boots macam lcly  laugh.gif

I only consider adventure, MX boots, and full race boots to be full height. Those will come up to the bottom of your knee protector.

Usually street or sport boots don't go up so high. My "3/4" height boots comes up to middle of my shin, leaving about 3-4" of space unprotected from the bottom of my knee protector to the top of my boot.

Street boots should be ok to walk on daily. It's only a matter of aesthetics if you want to do so or not. Worst case, just keep a spare set of comfy loafers in your office to change into if you don't want to trod along daily on "full height" boots.

Get the tallest boot you can feel comfortable getting in and out and walking in them.
jaycee1
post Mar 7 2023, 01:22 PM

AFK
2,435 posts

QUOTE(dawho @ Mar 6 2023, 03:37 PM)
guys betweeen shoei and arai helmet...which one would u guys pick? thik king of getting one either shoei x spirit 3 or arai rx7
See which one fits lor.

Also see what bike you ride and what features you want. Both are "sport" helmets.

Personally, I won't go for either because I like the convenience of a drop down sunvisor as I daily ride.

If you ride for leisure and don't mind a separate dark visor then the x spirit 3 looks damn good. But if you want a helmet riding longer distances on a more upright position, maybe can consider the RF1400/NXR2. Touring helmets are usually more comfortable and quieter at speed.
persona93
post Mar 7 2023, 01:41 PM

Regular
1,164 posts

QUOTE(alexei @ Mar 7 2023, 12:17 PM)
perhaps the low cut with ankle protection suitable
then, add a shin guard - a knee to shin, or just a simple soccer shin strap also can

my 2 sen. I don't have enough lower body protection to work, and having similar questions myself
QUOTE(jaycee1 @ Mar 7 2023, 01:07 PM)
I only consider adventure, MX boots, and full race boots to be full height. Those will come up to the bottom of your knee protector.

Usually street or sport boots don't go up so high. My "3/4" height boots comes up to middle of my shin, leaving about 3-4" of space unprotected from the bottom of my knee protector to the top of my boot.

Street boots should be ok to walk on daily. It's only a matter of aesthetics if you want to do so or not. Worst case, just keep a spare set of comfy loafers in your office to change into if you don't want to trod along daily on "full height" boots.

Get the tallest boot you can feel comfortable getting in and out and walking in them.
for working trousers, i got the generic cargo pants with knee protection so there's that, for long ride got proper Komine pants

ok looks like im more inclined with the standard height boots

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

alexei
post Mar 7 2023, 01:49 PM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

QUOTE(persona93 @ Mar 7 2023, 01:41 PM)
for working trousers, i got the generic cargo pants with knee protection so there's that, for long ride got proper Komine pants

ok looks like im more inclined with the standard height boots

Any riding boots are better than none. Add what you need afterwards, since there are different solutions not just one.

Does the Komine pants got shin protection? Last time I knocked my shin against something hard, no injury but the pain is no joke.

jaycee1
post Mar 7 2023, 02:31 PM

AFK
2,435 posts

QUOTE(alexei @ Mar 7 2023, 01:49 PM)
Any riding boots are better than none. Add what you need afterwards, since there are different solutions not just one.

Does the Komine pants got shin protection? Last time I knocked my shin against something hard, no injury but the pain is no joke.
The "Kominie" sports riding pants does have longer knee protectors...they are same ones used in jackets as elbow protection. Even then, there is still around 2-3 inches space between the top of my 3/4 street boot to the bottom of my knee armour.

This discrepancy is to allow for real full height boots to fit.

As an aside, if your pants/ jeans have adjustable pockets, adjust the knee protectors lower to protect more of your shin. Most times they usually sit too high.
dawho
post Mar 7 2023, 04:18 PM

Enthusiast
752 posts

QUOTE(jaycee1 @ Mar 7 2023, 01:22 PM)
See which one fits lor.

Also see what bike you ride and what features you want. Both are "sport" helmets.

Personally,  I won't go for either because I like the convenience of a drop down sunvisor as I daily ride.

If you ride for leisure and don't mind a separate dark visor then the x spirit 3 looks damn good. But if you want a helmet riding longer distances on a more upright position, maybe can consider the RF1400/NXR2. Touring helmets are usually more comfortable and quieter at speed.
alrady have a ls2 modular touring helmet that can flip 180 degrees....thought on getting on shoei or arai.....one more thing anyone here have tried lazer helmet? are they good?look like a euro brand helmet
SUSskyblu3
post Mar 7 2023, 04:45 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(persona93 @ Mar 7 2023, 10:33 AM)
wow sampai ke Jepun thumbup.gif

btw want to ask for riding boots, is it worth to get those full ones or just get those generic ones, like riding to work then walk around with the boots macam lcly  laugh.gif
I'm. Wearing this type to work and jalAn jalan
No ragrets
Tcx street

user posted image
jaycee1
post Mar 7 2023, 05:33 PM

AFK
2,435 posts

user posted image
So where is your helmet made?

Missing from the list is Scorpion...which is also in the China camp...as is MT and Lazer.

Does it matter? Yes and no. I'm ok with them as long as it meets ECE22.05 (now 22.06).

But build quality can be hit or miss.

Even HJC farms out the lower end helmets to vietnam. The higher end Rpha line is from Korea.

This post has been edited by jaycee1: Mar 7 2023, 05:40 PM
jaycee1
post Mar 7 2023, 05:43 PM

AFK
2,435 posts

QUOTE(dawho @ Mar 7 2023, 04:18 PM)
alrady have a ls2 modular touring helmet that can flip 180 degrees....thought on getting on shoei or arai.....one more thing anyone here have tried lazer helmet? are they good?look like a euro brand helmet
Lazer was a Belgium brand. Now saved from bankruptcy and made in china.

This post has been edited by jaycee1: Mar 7 2023, 05:45 PM
SUSskyblu3
post Mar 7 2023, 08:44 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(jaycee1 @ Mar 7 2023, 05:33 PM)
user posted image
So where is your helmet made?

Missing from the list is Scorpion...which is also in the China camp...as is MT and Lazer.

Does it matter? Yes and no. I'm ok with them as long as it meets ECE22.05 (now 22.06).

But build quality can be hit or miss.

Even HJC farms out the lower end helmets to vietnam. The higher end Rpha line is from Korea.
As long as you are not buying fake/replicas it will be fine.

Not only helmets
In fact 70% of the branded stuffs today are manufactured in their China factory.

I know someone who bought a fake fox MTB helmet and he is so proud of it. Saying only bodohs buy the real helmet paying more than rm800 where by he paid just rm100++. He claim it is the same quality.

Ok. Noted and good luck and all the best and God bless.

Lol.
genesiscopy
post Mar 7 2023, 11:51 PM

37 posts

Has the hjc i71 reached our shores yet?
mADmAN
post Mar 8 2023, 01:15 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,515 posts

QUOTE(alexei @ Mar 7 2023, 11:27 AM)
Ada gambar kah?
Which Astars gauntlet you get?
Alpinestars SP2 V3.. price under rm700

Attached Image

Attached Image

This post has been edited by mADmAN: Mar 8 2023, 01:19 AM
persona93
post Mar 8 2023, 08:19 AM

Regular
1,164 posts

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Mar 7 2023, 08:44 PM)
As long as you are not buying fake/replicas it will be fine.

Not only helmets
In fact 70% of the branded stuffs today are manufactured in their China factory.

I know someone who bought a fake fox MTB helmet and he is so proud of it.  Saying only bodohs buy the real helmet paying more than rm800 where by he paid just rm100++.  He claim it is the same quality.

Ok.  Noted and good luck and all the best and God bless.

Lol.
ya saw GG KTM video where he said better buy ori lower end helmet instead of buying fake high end helmet

i even experience with my Converse shoes, the RM50 from Shopee vs the RM350 ones from outlet, day and night difference
SUSskyblu3
post Mar 8 2023, 09:14 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(persona93 @ Mar 8 2023, 08:19 AM)
ya saw GG KTM video where he said better buy ori lower end helmet instead of buying fake high end helmet

i even experience with my Converse shoes, the RM50 from Shopee vs the RM350 ones from outlet, day and night difference
yeah. just get ori. If no money to buy premium brands? Understand, but at least get budget brands such LS2, MT, Givi, KYT. If not, like you mentioned, get the lower end helmets from brands such as shark, HJC, AGV, etc.
gAs long as the helmet has some safety certification such as ECE, TUV, SNELL.
Sirim only? No thanks.

the main concern with fakes is that whether this manufacturer construct the helmet the same technique and design as the original or not?
Originals - they do R&D, engineering, design and development, safety testing, etc.
Fakes? All they copy is the looks. That's all. Safety construction of the helmet? LOL

alexei
post Mar 8 2023, 09:14 AM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Mar 8 2023, 01:15 AM)
Alpinestars SP2 V3.. price under rm700

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Wow man! those look really good.

technosakai
post Mar 8 2023, 09:18 AM

On my way
512 posts

talking about fake high end products..
but then lots of ppl, a certain race especially, (not being racist, just stating fact) love to buy those AAA grade fake high end helmets..
say a Rpha 10, retail selling like what? Rm 2k++?
those AAA grade selling RM 600 or so.. lagi need to preorder. also willing to buy.. cuz of what? they look cool and identical?
but they don't know what's the material used inside. mana tau is just styrofoam. habislah kepala when crash
Ada duit pakai superbike, but then takde duit beli helmet..

There was a youtuber, riding a mt-09.. I forgot his channel name.. even he
started off with a fake helmet -.- then went on to buy a original HJC Rpha 11 Carbon I think? then after that he advised people to buy a original/ legit helmet instead of buying fakes.. but then why did he start off with a fake one though? lel.

This post has been edited by technosakai: Mar 8 2023, 09:19 AM
jaycee1
post Mar 8 2023, 09:26 AM

AFK
2,435 posts

QUOTE(persona93 @ Mar 8 2023, 08:19 AM)

If you can't afford a premium helmet then just get a lower end one.

They all still need to pass the same minimum safety standards. Premium helmets maybe pass them with a higher margin but at least you know they are at some minimum acceptable level.

The main draw of a premium helmet for me is just they are usually more comfortable, better build quality, quieter, smaller and lighter....not so much the safety aspect.

The major bugbear of a lower end helmet for me is I wear a M size, usually they have only 2 shell sizes spanning xs/s and M to XXL. So I look like a bobblehead with them.

This post has been edited by jaycee1: Mar 8 2023, 09:32 AM
alexei
post Mar 8 2023, 09:41 AM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

Helmets are a bunch of plastic parts slapped together to protect our precious heads.

My Index (Sirim) one finally cracked on its own after many years of use, and surviving a crash with 3 gashes on its side.

But, there are worse kind of helmets on the road.... those that look older than myself. I've seen a few, the polystyrene layer is thin as the chicken rice bungkus paper, just barely lining the shell. Oh, and the shell, is so faded and scratched exposing the plastics to the atmosphere and is almost brittle.
TSJason
post Mar 8 2023, 02:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

QUOTE(technosakai @ Mar 8 2023, 09:18 AM)
but then why did he start off with a fake one though? lel.
Mati tak apa
Asal bergaya

Everybody dies
So must stand out and die in style.

I think the times we live in, looks matter more, they post on IG and TikTok, majority won’t know it’s fake. Can’t tell anyway with the photo filters.

I try to avoid dying best I can.

40 Pages « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:59 AM