Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V32, Enjoy Your Speed Upgrade (Unifi)

BreakYourLimit
post Yesterday, 05:16 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Called in their customer dept. and they mentioned the RM139 30Mbps is only for new user, and they cannot do shit to upgrade my current VIP5 to that package.

Want me to terminate my package and re-subscribe again only can get the package. Really super dumb TM la.

Can I file in MCMC ah if like this?
boxer07
post Yesterday, 05:20 PM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(BreakYourLimit @ Feb 22 2018, 05:16 PM)
Called in their customer dept. and they mentioned the RM139 30Mbps is only for new user, and they cannot do shit to upgrade my current VIP5 to that package.

Want me to terminate my package and re-subscribe again only can get the package. Really super dumb TM la.

need to do extra admin work for an easy upgrade ... dumb to the max ....
BreakYourLimit
post Yesterday, 05:22 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(boxer07 @ Feb 22 2018, 05:20 PM)
need to do extra admin work for an easy upgrade ... dumb to the max ....
Really beyond dumb la. They threat their existing customer like shit.

I feel like they wanna hit KPI for new user only.

I will MCMC them la.
voncrane
post Yesterday, 05:23 PM

Noir et fier!

Yeah, that be their standard response. So if you can, do terminate and reapply.. Easiest route. If can't terminate cuz penalty. Go TM Point and flip tables multiple times. If still cannot, then try your luck with MCMC, etc.

Optional move: bring along a box of at least a dozen eggs and a pal to do a video recording. Then redecorate the place.. Post on Facebook, YouTube and links here.. I'll help viral it.. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by voncrane: Yesterday, 05:54 PM
BreakYourLimit
post Yesterday, 05:30 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(voncrane @ Feb 22 2018, 05:23 PM)
Yeah, that be their standard response. So if you can, do terminate and reapply.. Easiest route. If can't terminate cuz penalty. Go TM Point and flip tables multiple times. If still cannot, then try your luck with MCMC, etc.

Optional move: bring along a box of Atlanta least a dozen eggs and a pal to do a video recording. Then redecorate the place.. Post on Facebook, YouTube and links here.. I'll help viral it..  laugh.gif
Yeah I know terminate and reapply is easy, but I want everything intact and of course I don't want to stop Internet. I have been unifi user more than 3 years already though.

Eggs I tasty, throw them very sayang ah. Throw them dirt or shit ok la. Lol
vc0r3
post Yesterday, 06:35 PM

I am on VIP 20 (RM 249) previously who succeed upgrade to RM139 package since last Jan 2018.
What you need to do is go to TM Point nearby and slow talk with them. Later they will pass your case to branch Manager to get his/her recommendation. And then they will submit your upgrade application to HQ to get approval.

On my case, I get :
1.) Perpetual Promo Discount
2.) My Hypptv Mega pack still retain.
3.) Of course 24 month renewal contract.
4.) No new device will be replace with existing except warranty for HyppTV STB box extended for another 1 year.

The whole process take around 1 week -+ . No internet down time involved. Seemless

Good luck !

Edit to add my billing history. take a look the amount from Oct 17 to Dec 17 (VIP 20). Jan 18 is pro rate and current bill which is RM 139+GST. Hopefully you get the idea.

This post has been edited by vc0r3: Today, 01:21 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
Theoutspokenguy
post Yesterday, 08:24 PM

Enthusiast

why report to MCMC? They did nothing wrong. They want to bind you to contract that why you need subscribe as a new user but RM139 is cheap last time i am paying RM179 for 30mbps except you make a fuss at their office then it subject to their approval.

This post has been edited by Theoutspokenguy: Yesterday, 08:26 PM
westlife
post Yesterday, 08:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!

download speed for steam is fast. tongue.gif

Attached Image

This post has been edited by westlife: Yesterday, 08:45 PM
VeeJay
post Yesterday, 11:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(vc0r3 @ Feb 22 2018, 06:35 PM)
I am on VIP 20 (RM 249) previously who succeed upgrade to RM139 package since last Jan 2018.
What you need to do is go to TM Point and slow talk with them. Later they will pass your case to branch Manager to get his/her recommendation. And then they will submit your upgrade application to HQ to get approval.

On my case, I get :
4.) No new device will be replace with existing. Warranty for HyppTV STB box extended for another 1 year.

The whole process take around 1 week -+ . No internet down time involved. Seemless

Good luck !
True! BreakYourLimit just try as vc0r3 mentioned. When you talk to them, if they say, they cant do it, just say that you want to file an official complaint, and they will pass you a form. Fill em up, saying, many subscribers had recently managed to from $xxx to rmxxx; and as a long term customer with good pay master, you could like to to have similar fair pricing.

Also, mention to the person that you are speaking to, if this doesnt workout, you would be filing a case with MCMC.

If the branch PiC is available, you could potentially get at an answer immediately, else have to wait couple of days.

If the above doesnt workout, then do file at MCMC
terradrgn
post Yesterday, 11:44 PM

QUOTE(vc0r3 @ Feb 22 2018, 06:35 PM)
What you need to do is go to TM Point and slow talk with them. Later they will pass your case to branch Manager to get his/her recommendation. And then they will submit your upgrade application to HQ to get approval.

On my case, I get :
4.) No new device will be replace with existing. Warranty for HyppTV STB box extended for another 1 year.

Good luck !
Interesting. So yours will remain at RM139 after 2 years? 30mbps?
voncrane
post Today, 12:23 AM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(terradrgn @ Feb 22 2018, 11:44 PM)
Interesting. So yours will remain at RM139 after 2 years? 30mbps?
Depends if signed as perpetual discount or temporary 2 years discount only. He already mentioned it's perpetual... So will remain.. Same as mine.

This post has been edited by voncrane: Today, 12:24 AM
BlaBlaBoy
post Today, 12:49 AM

Make Malaysia a peaceful land

I am thinking to terminate and re-apply as well.
hamagawa
post Today, 07:50 AM

Group: Newbie

You have to change your VIP5 to Unifi Lite RM129 first, it only takes few hours and the process will be done.
After a week, call to 100 to upgrade to package RM139 (my nearby TMpoint no allow, but it might work at other branches. Yes, dumb TM).

We can't directly change from VIP5 RM149 (10Mbps) > RM139 (30Mbps)
It must be step by step from VIP RM149 > Unifi Lite RM129 > RM139

This is my personal experience that changes from VIP5 to RM139 and it worked.
LostAndFound
post Today, 08:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!

If you search my old posts you'll see that I did directly from 149 to 139 when it first came out, one time settle at TMPoint Taipan.
afza
post Today, 09:27 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(hamagawa @ Feb 23 2018, 07:50 AM)
You have to change your VIP5 to Unifi Lite RM129 first, it only takes few hours and the process will be done.
After a week, call to 100 to upgrade to package RM139 (my nearby TMpoint no allow, but it might work at other branches. Yes, dumb TM).

now new subscriber can opt to upgrade with RM10. just go to TM Point (you can check it here as other 'branch' are actually authorized dealer only).
I'll drop by to a TM Point this afternoon to get that new fliers and post it here.

This post has been edited by afza: Today, 09:27 AM
MGM
post Today, 10:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(afza @ Feb 23 2018, 09:27 AM)
now new subscriber can opt to upgrade with RM10. just go to TM Point (you can check it here as other 'branch' are actually authorized dealer only).
I'll drop by to a TM Point this afternoon to get that new fliers and post it here.
NEW subscriber upgrade from what?
BreakYourLimit
post Today, 01:53 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(hamagawa @ Feb 23 2018, 07:50 AM)

Good Idea! I will try this and see how it works. wink.gif
afza
post Today, 02:24 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(afza @ Feb 23 2018, 09:27 AM)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
BreakYourLimit
post Today, 02:29 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(afza @ Feb 23 2018, 02:24 PM)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Good! tongue.gif
But the best solution for TM is to standardizes existing subscribers package price to new promotion price, respectively....Fair ma.

This post has been edited by BreakYourLimit: Today, 02:30 PM

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0658sec    5.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd February 2018 - 02:46 PM