Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
9 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V32, Enjoy Your Speed Upgrade

views

voncrane
post Nov 21 2017, 05:58 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

Hey, need to confirm a few things. I went to TM Point Bangsar and was told that they are still waiting for approval from HQ for upgrades. For those who have had their service upgraded, which TM Point branches did you go too? Want to try my luck there. Also, can screenshot confirmation pages for your accounts showing speed, package and current price. Need it as more proof to fire back at them.

I’m currently paying RM179 for 30Mbps and till date never got the free upgrade I was promised. So fighting to get that and addon RM10 to be upgraded straight to 100Mbps. I’ve read through the thread it seems some of you got this done. I have a case number, just require more proof to get what we deserve.. Willing report everywhere and bug them over the phone and in person till they fix this..
voncrane
post Nov 21 2017, 06:21 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(Silver_Shadow @ Nov 21 2017, 06:13 AM)
30mb just can add RM 10 to 50mb. Cannot direct jump to 100mb. Unless u got free upgrade to 50mb then can add more RM 10 to 100mb. Why don't call 100 to clarify it qualifications?
Cuz the last few times I called over the months to ask about the free bump, they either told me to wait and or created a ticket. Only to automatically marked later as solved and close it. I’m damn frustrated and near to breaking point. His is the second time they are pulling such a stunt, previously was when paying RM199 for 10Mbps, then they intro 30Mbps for RM179. Asked to upgrade, they refused and forced me to wait a year till out of contract just to terminate and reapply for the cheaper plan. Is now happening again.. Totally unfair and it’s clearer why that fella went and egged up a Digi branch and later got what he had been asking for. Guess, they simply want us to react in such manners before they do something so simple.
voncrane
post Nov 21 2017, 10:08 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(Silver_Shadow @ Nov 21 2017, 07:15 AM)
TM won't allow u to reduced price 1. Only can tambah duit to upgrade. If u in 2017 free upgrade list. Advice is to wait. Cause is free.
They can and have... I distinctly remember reading about a few who pulled this off. Else I won't ask for further confirmations. Thanks for the advice, I've been waiting and the year is almost up. While some people have been enjoying free bump for months.. I pay ahead every single month..

QUOTE(chrischiang @ Nov 21 2017, 09:51 AM)
if you read the thread.. i think 2 members  in here managed to get this.. 30->100 for 189
you can try walk in to tmpoint.. or try ur luck complain to mcmc..
That's what I think too.. I'm currently chatting via 100.. I'll bug them every single day and complain to all who can hear.. Until they shape up.. We are consumers, without us they don't make exorbitant profits. We should complain and vote with our wallets.. only way change is effected.

This post has been edited by voncrane: Nov 21 2017, 10:09 AM
voncrane
post Nov 21 2017, 10:22 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(LostAndFound @ Nov 21 2017, 10:14 AM)
Exorbitant profits? Citation required... Telekom very profitable meh?
Dude.. TM is a publicly traded company.. You are connected to the internet too.. use it.. Sure find how many RMbillions they made in the past few years.

Edit: Here you go.. Since laziness is a thing..

TM Financial Results : Press Releases
KUALA LUMPUR: Local telecom giant Telekom Malaysia Bhd ™ saw its revenue breaching the RM12billion mark in 2016, its highest ever, led by strong demand coupled with efforts at lowering operating costs.

This post has been edited by voncrane: Nov 21 2017, 10:30 AM
voncrane
post Nov 21 2017, 10:48 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(mujinkun @ Nov 21 2017, 10:39 AM)
I am paying monthly circa RM254(including stupidous 6%GST).
My speed is 50MBps with Jumbo pack (no more Astrok).

Then, when the upgrade what is called Bonanza Bonus come out, I straight call 100 then complaint on how on earth i will get a reduce monhtly price since I already paid for 100MBps speed but getting 50MBps speed. Got a complaint no. but not yet get any feedback from them (as of today).
I say call em back.. Keep bugging them.. threaten to escalate to mcmc, etc.. possibly put in the report at mcmc website too. Each time you complain, get a new case ID too, so they know you are serious.. Your's a worst case.. Got people paying 179 for 50Mbps. They add RM10, they get twice your speed..
voncrane
post Nov 21 2017, 08:21 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(LostAndFound @ Nov 21 2017, 01:06 PM)
I walk in and ask to terminate and apply, the lady said 'very mafan that way, come I just straight convert for you'.
Dude, do you know the difference between revenue and profit? Profit from the link you sent is about 1 billion a year. On 11 billion costs/spend. Maybe about 10%. If you consider that exorbitant profit then... I really dunno what to say.

Eventually once coverage is much better their profits will go up, but currently while they're rolling out fibre to more and more areas their profits won't be very much at all. It's darn expensive to put infra up. Not to mention the cost of the actual bandwidth itself...

Quite old video, but explains the costs involved. Don't expect price to go down very much unless government pour money in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpBbV2elOBE&feature=youtu.be
Yes I started with RM149 VIP5 4 years ago, and go the free upgrade before budget announcement. Never got the RM169 offer some others got back then, so stayed at 10/10 when others were moving up to 30/10 and then 50/20.

Now 'upgraded' to RM139 with another 2 year contract, without calls. I get 150 free minutes to all from my mobile telco, my wife also the same, so calls not important. Save RM20 a month better.
Thanks for showing the laziness. I understand financial lingo well.. At minimum, you should have read info from the link so graciously provided. Here, I spoon-feed you once again.. Another quote.

For the full financial year ended Dec 31, 2016 (FY16), TM reported a 10% rise in net profit to RM776mil from RM700mil previously, and added 2.9% to revenue to RM12.0bil from RM11.7bil.

I'll go even further and define what "Net Profits" mean. Net profits are the actual profit after working expenses not included in the calculation of gross profit have been paid. So yes, my initial statements about them making billions over these past few years is accurate. The average consumer knows that TM doesn't face true competition primarily because it's a GLC. If dethroned and continue like this, sure can't compete. Take mobile networks for instance.. Now, that's some competition, with each provider trying to outdo the other. Why? cuz multiple solid options and if I don't fancy package A with Brand A, I can keep my number and move to another. He who's best wins. TM and it's allies can't handle that, not because expensive to roll out more fiber while maintaining current ones, but because then there would be less money to misappropriate. If truly they had consumers at heart and the costs of expansion is too great for them, perhaps they should relinquish their monopoly and others like TIME & ViewQwest may be able to continue spreading their wings.
voncrane
post Nov 21 2017, 10:09 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(LostAndFound @ Nov 21 2017, 09:26 PM)
Ah I see you prefer throwing around political opinion rather than fact. Thanks, not interested. Using our mobile telco market as example is amazing too, since last I checked there's way more complaints about mobile telcos than about TM....
Political opinions? Lol wut! .. Nah son.. Explaining and reporting TM’s net profits is fact. Same as stating the obvious that TM’s a GLC and the perks that comes with it. doh.gif doh.gif As for the mobile telcos analogy, based on how you handled the profits thingy... that was simply an analogy to assist you understand what and how competition promotes innovation and more value for consumers.
voncrane
post Nov 21 2017, 11:38 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(mango1881 @ Nov 21 2017, 11:06 PM)
Oooh, i called the SC#100 ask me return all the items... but diff people says diff things. Thts why i confused.

I’ll go to SC just bring the old modem to try luck.  Thanks!
Last I terminated to reapply, they only asked for the BTU/MODEM and power adapter..

QUOTE(jasonhanjk @ Nov 21 2017, 11:15 PM)
I'm currently a 10M user. Is it more worthwhile just to apply a new unifi 30M line for RM139 then disconnect my old 10M line?

I stay condo and seldom use phone and hyptv.
How much you paying for 10Mbps? If cheaper than 139 and you don’t need the speed? Then stay put, maybe you get free bump later, who knows. Else upgrade.

QUOTE(annoymous1234 @ Nov 21 2017, 11:18 PM)
I got my 50mbps today. But how come when I test the wifi speed I couldn't reach 50mbps, only reach around 39mbps which is far from 50. However, with LAN cable, my desktop is able to reach 50mbps. Why is this happening? Is it my phone not able to support 50mbps or the modem wifi is weak?
Yes, could either be your phone or the router. Be in the same room with the router and try connecting to the 5Ghz network and test again. Still can’t reach, might need to upgrade either or both devices.

QUOTE(Chrono-Trigger @ Nov 21 2017, 11:25 PM)
Hmm. Still thinking want upgrade. My asus router supports 100mbps LAN. Wireless. 300 mbps
Really depends on your current plan versus what you can get.. My plan not favorable compared to what some are getting and I need the faster speeds. So if I had the chance, will grab it.
voncrane
post Nov 22 2017, 08:14 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(cipan82 @ Nov 22 2017, 06:37 AM)
I sign up for unifi bonanza 30mbps...RM139
TM just send me bill..total is unifi RM139+hypptv RM30+6%GST
=RM179, if like that same la without promo also RM179...wtf

I thought the RM139 30Mbps unifi is inclusive with hypptv? The TM point never tell me about the hypptv fees, he just said total is RM139/month
Can i cancel the hypptv? I dont use the hypptv
If not prorated bill for previous account, then really WTF!
voncrane
post Nov 22 2017, 08:33 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(Chrono-Trigger @ Nov 22 2017, 08:21 AM)
My home router is Asus RT-N12HP.

The computer in my room can hit speed at about 30mbps average on wifi speedtest. However, if I use LAN it reaches full 50mbps (Unifi subscribed speed).

I hesitate to subscribe to 100mbps, because I don't think any of my family members will benefit from it due to wireless N 300mbps limitation (connected to more than 10 devices at one time  hmm.gif  hmm.gif ) , unless I upgrade to higher end router.
Sometimes it's not only about the benefits, but the value and also improved average speeds of the country. Back when 1Mbps was introduced, sure have people who say, they don't need it.. Today? That's peanuts. So if for extra RM10 you immediately double current speed.. I say go for it and yes, they'll give you a better router or you go out and buy one. Anyone who can afford paying almost RM200 per month to TM can afford a capable router. It's a worthy investment that gives you joy for years..
voncrane
post Nov 22 2017, 08:47 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(Chrono-Trigger @ Nov 22 2017, 08:39 AM)
If I use Iphone, it will be about 50mbps if I am close to the router. But behind 1 or 2 walls, it will hit about 30-40mbps.
That's normal.. Hence better performing router. Of course, nothing beats a wired connection.

QUOTE(Chrono-Trigger @ Nov 22 2017, 08:43 AM)
Just checked the price of the Router , RM900 ++++    sad.gif
Haha.. If you can stretch your budget, great... Else can settle for less.. For me, minimum is the ASUS RT-AC55UHP. It's good for larger homes too.
voncrane
post Nov 22 2017, 11:38 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(aleluya @ Nov 22 2017, 11:19 PM)
Is it normal to get 16Mbps out of 30Mbps at condo?
Not normal.. Check your device and switch to 5Ghz.. See how.. Most often, it's either the router or the test device is limited.
voncrane
post Nov 23 2017, 12:07 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(aleluya @ Nov 22 2017, 11:41 PM)
I am running on LAN.. not wifi
Router QOS settings perhaps?.. I suggest a cold boot of both router and modem.. Wait at least 5 minutes to see if it helps. Else, complain.

QUOTE(yattnana @ Nov 23 2017, 12:01 AM)
Finally upgraded after 34 hours
50->100mbps
Rm179->rm189
Damn jelly... cry.gif
voncrane
post Nov 30 2017, 05:05 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(DeadmanX @ Nov 30 2017, 04:02 PM)
Racist perhaps? I'd seen quite a few with Ruby pack dont have Jumbo pack.
No lah, don't believe race has anything to do with it. It's part luck, then a profile thingy and if higher speeds are supported at one's location. Plus you might need to visit a TM Point and flip a table or 2 to be heard. laugh.gif
voncrane
post Dec 3 2017, 01:28 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(Captain Coco @ Dec 3 2017, 01:06 AM)
today i got my TMbill...

I subscribed RM139/month for 30MPBS.. they charged me RM180 (old price)... anyone kena before? Please check your bill...
Recheck the bill and make sure no prorated amount included. TM bills a month ahead.

This post has been edited by voncrane: Dec 3 2017, 01:29 AM
voncrane
post Dec 5 2017, 07:55 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(lati0s @ Dec 4 2017, 10:37 PM)
Finally upgraded from 30mbps to 100mbps. Quite surprised when I asked TM Point what are my options.

Was given two options :

1. +RM10/month upgrade to 50mbps or
2. +Rm10/month straight to 100mbps

...and of course I chose the later option  biggrin.gif

I went to TM Point around 3.30PM and got my completion SMS around 6.40PM.

The Speedtest showing only +-60mbps currently, tested with wired connection. Was informed by the TM Point staff that full upgrade will be available after the technician visit. Haven't got the date yet.

Checked the OCC and they already showed this :
Hi, please share or pm which TM Point you went to. Also, I would really appreciate if you send me redacted copies of your previous bill and screenshots of current account info. I'm gathering evidence for blasting TM. Thanks.
voncrane
post Dec 11 2017, 06:54 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(veron208 @ Dec 11 2017, 06:13 PM)
Called 100 and the CS said only allow 1 level upgrade.
30 -> 50 or 50->100 ... cannot jump from 30 to 100.

Was just testing my luck since I am paying 179 for 30 Mbps.
Should I upgrade to 50 Mpbs or not ? Not sure if it is worth it or not.
That's BS.. Go TM Point and flip table.. There are a few who have managed to go from 30 to 100 provided you are eligible for the previous free bump to 50.
voncrane
post Dec 12 2017, 01:58 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(enduser @ Dec 12 2017, 01:46 PM)
Tm got many promotion which make user confused. They got bonanza, retention year end, student, bisnes etc etc.
For bonanza promo their plan only valid for 2 yrs b4 the price return to original price.
Even worse their front staf also not really aware about the promo. U need to call 100 or go to diff tm point to chk.. just try ur luck
This... Sometimes, I pity the front line staff as they are dealing with customer issues, without power or info to fix. That's TM's management problem. They intro cheaper plan but still want to keep fleecing old customers. Monopoly.
voncrane
post Dec 13 2017, 09:23 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

All you lucky folks being upgraded to 100Mbps for 189.. I'm still fighting for mine.. TM saying my place is limited to 30 Mbps only cuz high floor.. bla bla.. I say, come upgrade to full fiber la.. We are paying customers.. Giving bs excuses.. Really can't wait for TIME to move in.. gonna pitch.
voncrane
post Dec 13 2017, 09:35 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(kayroll @ Dec 13 2017, 09:32 PM)
Go for landed property then  biggrin.gif
Sure... you help pay 19% of landed in KL city center.. I scrape & settle the rest.. laugh.gif

9 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2514sec    0.31    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:03 PM