Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

87 Pages « < 37 38 39 40 41 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Health The Weight Loss Thread v4, New year, new you :)

views

darklight79
post Nov 17 2016, 11:49 AM

I'll eat your food
Group Icon
Elite
9,006 posts

QUOTE(spreeeee @ Nov 17 2016, 11:45 AM)
lol... as always.. exercise and diet is the top solution..
See, I'm not saying it doesn't work.

But is it optimal? Obviously when you drink something like that it has a lot less calories. What's the take home message? "Less calories".

Look, when I'm dieting down for a photoshoot for example, I'd rather chew my food than drink it.
Everdying
post Nov 17 2016, 12:23 PM

Two is One and One is None.
Group Icon
Staff
30,688 posts

QUOTE(spreeeee @ Nov 15 2016, 05:57 PM)
did any1 tried this? any feedback?

http://www.45-kilo.com/malaysia/index.html
its just a fancy carb blocker + detox agent.
for the price, its stupid.

spreeeee
post Nov 17 2016, 02:30 PM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦
3,755 posts

QUOTE(Everdying @ Nov 17 2016, 12:23 PM)
its just a fancy carb blocker + detox agent.
for the price, its stupid.
hi mod, good to see u again here..

yeah... not cheap though.. and so many brands do this..
jasminejones123
post Nov 21 2016, 04:40 PM

3 posts

A healthy diet will definitely help you with losing weight. I highly recommend trying out a few products which have many health benefits.

1. Squash (easy to find, easy to cook) - https://wikihomenutrition.com/squash-health-benefits/
2. Edamame (rooted from some Asian countries) - https://wikihomenutrition.com/edamame-health-benefits/
3. Green beans (easy to cook) - https://wikihomenutrition.com/green-beans-n...ealth-benefits/

Hope that those ingredients i suggested may be helpful. Nice to share with you guys.
lolwhat
post Nov 21 2016, 05:10 PM

21 posts

I lost 8 kg in 2 weeks.

Is that healthy? I read somewhere losing more than 2kg a week is not healthy.

I am 30 years old, 1.68 meter and was 83kg, today i'm 75 kg. My target is to be around 53kg-60kg. I started diet and exercise 2 weeks ago. I also work sedentary job (9.5 hours of sitting).

I yet measure my current body fat by I also aim to be around 10%-15%.

My routine is very simple, all this 3x times a day: morning before work, during office hour, and 1-2 hours before sleeping

- jogging for 20 minutes at least
- 100 meters dashes (4-5 times)
- going up the stairs (slowly) from G to 12th floor.
- push up on rails or walls (newbie push up) 10 reps 5-7 sets
- jumping jacks 10 reps 5-7 sets
- Squats 10 reps 5-7 sets

My diet is also simple, I eat 1 or 2 fistful of rice (lunch or dinner or both) everyday with 1-3 fried egg (w/o oil). YES that is all I eat, I hate veggies and I surprisingly rarely starve during those 2 weeks.

Water intake is 2-2.5 liter a day (aiming for 3 liter a day but I couldn't do it LOL)

This week I will start hitting the gym 3 days a week (Tues, Wednes, Fri) to eliminate moobs and do curls. Also will start jumping rope challenge soon and hopefully HIIT workouts. I also plans to take vitamin capsules since I don't and won't eat veggies and fruit.

I will also start drink coffee, never had them in my lifetime, I heard coffee is good to suppress hunger <- please advise.

Also it means 2 weeks of:
- no sugary drinks/foods
- no oily, fried, deep fried foods
- very small amount of snacking during office hour (just some beans, sunflower seeds and similar)

Am I on the right path? My plans is a damn mess I know, that's why I need advice and suggestions.

My primary aim is to lose weight, and then body fat, and then maybe, just MAYBE bulking up muscle. I'm unsure if I want to be one of those huge guys.

Quick background:
I was very active years ago, weighing around 54-60kg, then got sedentary job, becomes 83kg after 4 years.

Does this mean I-gain-weight-easily-and-lose-weight-easily-too type of guy?

Kaellis
post Nov 21 2016, 10:29 PM

WTF i'm reading....
1,231 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Good Job man, keep going thumbsup.gif

consistency is the key, few years of weight gain wont melt off in week

mostly the first few drop is water weight

try calculating your daily TDEE
and use MyFitnessPal app to keep track of your progress
bafukie
post Nov 22 2016, 08:13 AM

Regular
1,406 posts

Firsr week definitely more as u lose water weight at 1-2 kg. And why the fark u wanna aim for sub 60kg? U look like a bamboo pole then.
WilliamRyan
post Nov 27 2016, 06:18 AM

1 posts

If you are injured to do some exercises then diet foods are the best options to loos weight
tohca
post Nov 28 2016, 08:38 PM

On my way
611 posts

QUOTE(WilliamRyan @ Nov 27 2016, 06:18 AM)
If you are injured to do some exercises then diet foods are the best options to loos weight
Agreed. Especially if you go on an intermittent fasting and low carbs. I know it's not easy, but it's more effective in the long run.
murv90
post Dec 3 2016, 11:29 PM

On my way
627 posts

QUOTE(lolwhat @ Nov 21 2016, 05:10 PM)
I lost 8 kg in 2 weeks.

I am 30 years old, 1.68 meter and was 83kg, today i'm 75 kg. My target is to be around 53kg-60kg. I started diet and exercise 2 weeks ago. I also work sedentary job (9.5 hours of sitting).

My routine is very simple, all this 3x times a day: morning before work, during office hour, and 1-2 hours before sleeping

My diet is also simple, I eat 1 or 2 fistful of rice (lunch or dinner or both) everyday with 1-3 fried egg (w/o oil). YES that is all I eat, I hate veggies and I surprisingly rarely starve during those 2 weeks.

Water intake is 2-2.5 liter a day (aiming for 3 liter a day but I couldn't do it LOL)

This week I will start hitting the gym 3 days a week (Tues, Wednes, Fri) to eliminate moobs and do curls. Also will start jumping rope challenge soon and hopefully HIIT workouts. I also plans to take vitamin capsules since I don't and won't eat veggies and fruit.

I will also start drink coffee, never had them in my lifetime, I heard coffee is good to suppress hunger <- please advise.

- no sugary drinks/foods
- very small amount of snacking during office hour (just some beans, sunflower seeds and similar)

Am I on the right path? My plans is a damn mess I know, that's why I need advice and suggestions.

My primary aim is to lose weight, and then body fat, and then maybe, just MAYBE bulking up muscle. I'm unsure if I want to be one of those huge guys.

Quick background:
I was very active years ago, weighing around 54-60kg, then got sedentary job, becomes 83kg after 4 years.

Hi there, usually I don't reply to most things but I thought that I shall try to give out my opinion.

What you're doing is wrong<-- that's the truth, yes it is possible to lose 8kgs in 2weeks, but you've gotta understand basic metabolism. All you're doing now is shocking your body with rigorous exercise and waaay low calorie diet and sooner it will adapt to it. And my question is what you gonna do then? Eat only rice? only eggs? Do exercise 5 times a day? Doesn't sound too good right? (this is the reason why people gain back weight faster and give up diet/exercise/gym for the rest of their lives)

My advice learn properly what calorie you need to intake and how much exercise and increase it gradually. There are so much info on the internet. Again I'm no expert, just my thoughts. smile.gif

Oh btw congrats on losing weight, not an easy thing though.
paktam
post Dec 5 2016, 03:15 PM

Casual
451 posts

Lost 10 kg's in three months. Eat healthy and do some cardio/interval training once per week.
Drink a lot of water. Finally reached healthy BMI.
Eat rice once per day. Mostly my diet contains a lot of oats, wholemeal bread, unsweetened coffee and eggs.
Not using any supplements including multivitamins. It increased my appetite to eat.
The main key is diet in losing weight and control you glucose (sugar) intake level.

Currently, doing some total body weight training in gym to build muscle 3 times per week. bruce.gif

This post has been edited by paktam: Dec 5 2016, 03:18 PM
Alisawert
post Dec 16 2016, 03:09 PM

7 posts

Hi,

Well, I need to ask a question about my fitness problem, I am dieting for 3 months but still, i not feeling that I lose my weight? please suggest me something smile.gif
Kaellis
post Dec 17 2016, 10:45 AM

WTF i'm reading....
1,231 posts

QUOTE(Alisawert @ Dec 16 2016, 03:09 PM)
Hi,

Well, I need to ask a question about my fitness problem, I am dieting for 3 months but still, i not feeling that I lose my weight? please suggest me something smile.gif
count your calories, all food calories varies

Know your TDEE(Total Daily Energy Expenditure), and subtract 500
I use MyFitnessPal app to keep track

Alisawert
post Dec 22 2016, 06:19 PM

7 posts

Hi, I read all these threads. I need a kind of help. One of my friends suggests me a weight loss supplement PhenQ. I need to know does it works? http://www.phenqreview.com.au/
sarawatson0208
post Dec 22 2016, 10:34 PM

1 posts

hi,

If you want to loose waith withou exercise it is really not easy process but not impossible to....!!!
thing you need to do is:
You have to follow strict Food Diet Plan that contains Low-Calory-Foods, Suger free Diet, avoid oily food, Non-veg have in limits, must eat food with low high protein.

Its is lengthy process but effective.
thumbup.gif
cipollll
post Dec 30 2016, 03:37 PM

Getting Started
261 posts

Hello guys, im trying to lose weight, BMI is at overweight.
I lost weight by not eating rice for like couple of months but then i got back to bad diet and im back being overweight.

I have lack of consistency so my best bet is following a proper guide to lose weight rather than making my own. So, i wonder if there any guides/applications or others that I can spend on to guide me and being more consistent? Thanks.

This post has been edited by cipollll: Dec 30 2016, 03:38 PM
Kaellis
post Dec 30 2016, 07:28 PM

WTF i'm reading....
1,231 posts

QUOTE(cipollll @ Dec 30 2016, 03:37 PM)
I lost weight by not eating rice for like couple of months but then i got back to bad diet and im back being overweight.

I have lack of consistency so my best bet is following a proper guide to lose weight rather than making my own. So, i wonder if there any guides/applications or others that I can spend on to guide me and being more consistent? Thanks.
Discipline is the key, rice is not bad if you count calories

varied your foods to be less boring, no one want to eat the same thing everyday

have 'cheat meal' rather than cheat day, once 2 weeks should be okay

best of luck this new year motivation laugh.gif
lingleeyen
post Jan 6 2017, 12:01 PM

Regular
1,376 posts

QUOTE(lolwhat @ Nov 21 2016, 05:10 PM)
I lost 8 kg in 2 weeks.

- no sugary drinks/foods

Quick background:

I was in your shoes. Loosing 19kg in 9 weeks, 4 more in the next 2 months.

What I did was similar to yours. Just that I substitute your rice with oat. And fruits. Not a good way if you ask me. If you ask me will I do it again, I will say no. I will not do it again because it crashes everything in my body. Metabolisme, hormonal level, mood, energy level. That is after I get to know of a better to do it for myself.

However, don't get disappointed or give up. You will know when to change up your diet. Because in order for you to go on you must see results. And the results that I see motivated me to achieve what I get today, and it propels my learning curve. Just keep on doing till you see something is not right. Then look for solutions. Keep up the "good work".

QUOTE(cipollll @ Dec 30 2016, 03:37 PM)

Consistency and discipline is self taught. If you do not incoporate it in by yourself, no one can help you. Even if there is, it will always be external motivation. What happens if that external motivation is gone? You will loose sight of your goal. Your mother says you are too fat you go diet. That is external. Once your mother says you look OK better than before, you stop before achieving your goal. What happened to the internal goal of wanting to be healthier, change the lifestyle, change your perspective of life, max out your potential? That is internal. Without internal, you won't go far. Look at the person above you in this post. He is persistent. He is doing it not so right but he is pushing himself to his limit because his internal self tells him to. Not his mother.

This post has been edited by lingleeyen: Jan 6 2017, 12:09 PM
lingleeyen
post Jan 6 2017, 12:04 PM

Regular
1,376 posts

QUOTE(Alisawert @ Dec 16 2016, 03:09 PM)
Hi,

That is because you underestimate what you eat, and overestimate the work you do in exercise. The only reason you are not getting any results is because your calorie in > calorie out or calorie in = calorie out. Period. That simple.

QUOTE(sarawatson0208 @ Dec 22 2016, 10:34 PM)
hi,

If you want to loose waith withou exercise it is really not easy process but not impossible to....!!!
thing you need to do is:
You have to follow strict Food Diet Plan that contains Low-Calory-Foods, Suger free Diet, avoid oily food, Non-veg have in limits, must eat food with low high protein.

Its is lengthy process but effective.
thumbup.gif
Loose weight without exercise? Lowering calories intake can only take you so far. Why? Because, have you ever wondered where those fats go when you loose fats? And NO, it does not go to your feces or urine and you pass those fats out.

This post has been edited by lingleeyen: Jan 6 2017, 12:12 PM
e_X
post Jan 13 2017, 01:51 AM

On my way
584 posts

Gonna start my every year not archive goals again this year.

2015 - completely noob weight >100kg

2016 - Eat frequency (6 meals a day with food replacement) + exercises (weight and cardio) but gain back after Raya lowest weight 83kg. This plan need a lot of money.

2017 - Hit 98kg again and gonna start different prog from 2016 testing out intermittent fasting (eat 1 or 2 times a day) and can save up money too.

87 Pages « < 37 38 39 40 41 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0829sec    0.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:27 AM