125 Pages « < 49 50 51 52 53 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cycling V3, General talks on Racing/road bikes

views

dc_hunter
post Sep 7 2012, 04:43 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

Hi Guys... not sure whether this is a correct thread to ask or not...

Have you heard a bike named Strider? is a balance bike for toddler / kids...

I would like to know where can i find it...

Thanks ya
Confession
post Sep 7 2012, 04:56 PM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(dc_hunter @ Sep 7 2012, 04:43 PM)

Thanks ya
http://www.strider.my/contact.html
dc_hunter
post Sep 7 2012, 04:57 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(Confession @ Sep 7 2012, 04:56 PM)
This 1....

email them no reply, call them no answer / cannot call in...

they got FB as well... but not active anymore...
lot101
post Sep 7 2012, 05:13 PM

Apa got sing sing one......
603 posts

ButtHead......SOUL has spoke/hub/spoke nipple colour options.....check the sidebar.

Now I am a dilemma invest $ to make more $ or sacrifice for new bicycle.

EMC is nice enough.....for now. Or should I invest the $........ doh.gif
butthead
post Sep 7 2012, 05:34 PM

On my way
593 posts

QUOTE(dc_hunter @ Sep 7 2012, 04:43 PM)

Thanks ya
i've seen some kids in parks riding them.. those bikes without pedals right?

not sure if it's strider.. sorry, but never keep an eye on kiddie bikes..

why not you call up some shops and ask around...

http://www.baikbike.com/bicycle-shops/

maybe not for strider but those type of bikes... it might be another brand.. if someone is riding it.. it means someone must be selling it...

QUOTE(lot101 @ Sep 7 2012, 05:13 PM)
ButtHead......SOUL has spoke/hub/spoke nipple colour options.....check the sidebar.

Now I am a dilemma invest $ to make more $ or sacrifice for new bicycle.

EMC is nice enough.....for now. Or should I invest the $........ doh.gif
don't poison me mad.gif

sacrifice for a new bike lar...

wat u mean invest more? it really depends if you are the type of gatal person at the end of the day.. if one day you are like mr.jgx and feel dissatisfied with his mirinda carbon... watever you buy now also guarantee mati one... you still end up buying a halo bike at the end once you have money...

it's jus like hianboy saying he won't buy the future iphones when he got his iphone 4.. .and now he says waiting for 5...and same as i can't guarantee you that i will keep my hands off a carbon bike in the future despite my major dislike for carbon bikes...

my personal experience for this many years la...

men cannot be trusted... this is the only fact and reality that is spot on coming out from a woman's mouth...

This post has been edited by butthead: Sep 7 2012, 05:35 PM
mrjgx
post Sep 7 2012, 07:29 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

QUOTE(butthead @ Sep 7 2012, 05:34 PM)
i've seen some kids in parks riding them.. those bikes without pedals right?

not sure if it's strider.. sorry, but never keep an eye on kiddie bikes..

why not you call up some shops and ask around...

http://www.baikbike.com/bicycle-shops/

maybe not for strider but those type of bikes... it might be another brand.. if someone is riding it.. it means someone must be selling it...
don't poison me  mad.gif

sacrifice for a new bike lar...

wat u mean invest more? it really depends if you are the type of gatal person at the end of the day.. if one day you are like mr.jgx and feel dissatisfied with his mirinda carbon... watever you buy now also guarantee mati one...  you still end up buying a halo bike at the end once you have money...

it's jus like hianboy saying he won't buy the future iphones when he got his iphone 4.. .and now he says waiting for 5...and same as i can't guarantee you that i will keep my hands off a carbon bike in the future despite my major dislike for carbon bikes...

my personal experience for this many years la...

men cannot be trusted... this is the only fact and reality that is spot on coming out from a woman's mouth...
Oi..Merida not Miranda. Go ride one of the carbon models and see how you'd like it hehe. I bet u will.
minizian
post Sep 7 2012, 08:12 PM

Regular
1,053 posts

What the diff between garmin edge 500 in red/black and blue/gray other colour combo apart from the price. Is the premium heart rate strap worth getting on the red/black edge 500?
mrjgx
post Sep 7 2012, 08:33 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

QUOTE(minizian @ Sep 7 2012, 08:12 PM)
What the diff between garmin edge 500 in red/black and blue/gray other colour combo apart from the price. Is the premium heart rate strap worth getting on the red/black edge 500?
Not sure about the colors though..I was once eying for the edge 500 too previously, but ended up with sigma. Garmin model line up is considered as a premium cyclocomputer for most of us..I think it's good if you will be utilizing the gps function to the most, or to phsycoanalyze your post ride data to death tongue.gif

To be honest, when I ride what matter the most in my computer is the heart rate functions..speedometer comes second, cadence in third place. To be honest...95% of the time I'll be looking only at my HR. well different rider will have different opinion..so I'm just stating my 2 cents worth of opinion. smile.gif

butthead
post Sep 7 2012, 08:51 PM

On my way
593 posts

i think the color makes no difference.. there was a argyle version for garmin slipstream team which was special edition and costs a bit more... but same functions..

the basic 500 comes with only the speed sensor.. that costs a couple hundred bucks cheaper.. i think 700 over here in KL.. and there is a full pack or maybe the premium you are referring to.. which consists of the HR strap and cadence sensor.. and i think it creeps to 900 or 1.1k... it's worth it to buy full pack because the sensors sold separately actually costs more than the price diff of the basic and full pack...

dun try to save the money to regret it.. sensors at this level needs to have the full function or you don't buy them at all...which is why i said... think properly of your needs before you make a move to buy...

it's the balls to the walls type of trip computer at this level.. 800 is pretty much overkill with the color screen and topo map..

QUOTE(mrjgx @ Sep 7 2012, 08:33 PM)
Not sure about the colors though..I was once eying for the edge 500 too previously, but ended up with sigma. Garmin model line up is considered as a premium cyclocomputer for most of us..I think it's good if you will be utilizing the gps function to the most, or to phsycoanalyze your post ride data to death  tongue.gif

To be honest, when I ride what matter the most in my computer is the heart rate functions..speedometer comes second, cadence in third place. To be honest...95% of the time I'll be looking only at my HR. well different rider will have different opinion..so I'm just stating my 2 cents worth of opinion.  smile.gif
actually.. my meters now don't serve much function.. i practically don't look at speed, cadence nor HR.. cos, roughly you can feel it already.. i use it more as a data logger to log my elevation and stuff..

Added on September 7, 2012, 8:52 pm
QUOTE(mrjgx @ Sep 7 2012, 07:29 PM)
Oi..Merida not Miranda. Go ride one of the carbon models and see how you'd like it hehe. I bet u will.
no chance in hell bro.. i know i might like carbon for it's performance.. but i won't like when it when it crashes..

This post has been edited by butthead: Sep 7 2012, 08:52 PM
mrjgx
post Sep 7 2012, 09:04 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

Haha. Btw bro, what is GS rear dérailleur? God Strength?
butthead
post Sep 7 2012, 09:06 PM

On my way
593 posts

err... i dunno ler..

SS for short sucker..
GS for good sucker?
mrjgx
post Sep 7 2012, 09:15 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

Did some browsing about the RD and stumble upon this forum..and zzzzz..flamings level ----> GS. Haha

http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=133137

Added on September 7, 2012, 9:29 pmButthead, what is the difference between max sprocket size and total capacity range?

This post has been edited by mrjgx: Sep 7 2012, 09:29 PM
fastreader
post Sep 7 2012, 09:37 PM

4,551 posts

hi, all sifus and gurus...

I'm intending to get a bike for fun-riding. For city use, would a road bike or mountain bike be ok? For road bike, those with thin/slim tyre, can they stand the potholes on the road?

pls help to advise. icon_question.gif icon_question.gif
minizian
post Sep 7 2012, 10:20 PM

Regular
1,053 posts

Not sure about the colors though..I was once eying for the edge 500 too previously, but ended up with sigma. Garmin model line up is considered as a premium cyclocomputer for most of us..I think it's good if you will be utilizing the gps function to the most, or to phsycoanalyze your post ride data to death  tongue.gif

To be honest, when I ride what matter the most in my computer is the heart rate functions..speedometer comes second, cadence in third place. To be honest...95% of the time I'll be looking only at my HR. well different rider will have different opinion..so I'm just stating my 2 cents worth of opinion.  smile.gif
Which sigma are you using now? Is it Sigma Rox 9.0? If so, can you please give me your opinion about it?

QUOTE(butthead @ Sep 7 2012, 08:51 PM)
i think the color makes no difference.. there was a argyle version for garmin slipstream team which was  special edition and costs a bit more... but same functions..

the basic 500 comes with only the speed sensor.. that costs a couple hundred bucks cheaper.. i think 700 over here in KL.. and there is a full pack or maybe the premium you are referring to.. which consists of the HR strap and cadence sensor..  and i think it creeps to 900 or 1.1k... it's worth it to buy full pack because the sensors sold separately actually costs more than the price diff of the basic and full pack...

dun try to save the money to regret it.. sensors at this level needs to have the full function or you don't buy them at all...which is why i said... think properly of your needs before you make a move to buy...

it's the balls to the walls type of trip computer at this level.. 800 is pretty much overkill with the color screen and topo map..
actually.. my meters now don't serve much function.. i practically don't look at speed, cadence nor HR.. cos, roughly you can feel it already.. i use it more as a data logger to log my elevation and stuff..
I do not plan to skip on if i going to go for garmin, just curious about the differences between the colours and the combo. I did not read carefully the description and just curious about the diff price range for the identical item (but in diff colour) The red black really matched my bike well.

A friend of mine actually had a unused new sigma rox 9 for sale at AUD150. That why i am in delima should i go all out for garmin i think my lbs will be selling around 400 plus aud or settle with rox for time being rclxub.gif

This post has been edited by minizian: Sep 7 2012, 10:20 PM
TSvin_ann
post Sep 7 2012, 10:52 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,912 posts

user posted image

Met color... SL-4.

harga sepuluh biji...
lot101
post Sep 7 2012, 11:16 PM

Apa got sing sing one......
603 posts

QUOTE(vin_ann @ Sep 7 2012, 10:52 PM)
user posted image

Met color... SL-4.

harga sepuluh biji...
how much just for the stickers alone ?

ButtHead

Quite the opposite regarding trust.

About SOUL rims.....with the mileage you cover...you would probably need a new set by the end of the year. biggrin.gif

FastReader

Hybrid bike...or .MTB with street tyres.....
miaopurr
post Sep 7 2012, 11:36 PM

On my way
570 posts

not sure what the differences are other than the colours. about the chest strap, i think it comes with normal strap, not the premium one. u need to buy the premium strap separately. but a coupla friends of mine said that the normal strap was fine.

yeap i agree. me too. only need HR, speed, stopwatch, mileage.

QUOTE(mrjgx @ Sep 7 2012, 09:04 PM)
Haha. Btw bro, what is GS rear dérailleur? God Strength?
GS = Gangnam Style

Added on September 7, 2012, 11:39 pm
QUOTE(minizian @ Sep 7 2012, 10:20 PM)
A friend of mine actually had a unused new sigma rox 9 for sale at AUD150. That why i am in delima should i go all out for garmin i think my lbs will be selling around 400 plus aud or settle with rox for time being  rclxub.gif
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/vi...php?f=8&t=70862

This post has been edited by miaopurr: Sep 7 2012, 11:39 PM
minizian
post Sep 8 2012, 06:11 AM

Regular
1,053 posts

Thanks for the headsup man.
mrjgx
post Sep 8 2012, 08:51 AM

Getting Started
59 posts

I'm using sigma bc 2009 MHR wireless...for Rox, you can find butthead for reviews..I think he replied a lengthy post about it before.

What I'm missing in my computer is the gradient...that's all but I think I can live without it. But I can't live without the HR function.

http://www.sigmasport.com/en/produkte/bike...?punkt=features
miaopurr
post Sep 8 2012, 08:59 AM

On my way
570 posts

QUOTE(mrjgx @ Sep 8 2012, 08:51 AM)
I'm using sigma bc 2009 MHR wireless...for Rox, you can find butthead for reviews..I think he replied a lengthy post about it before.

What I'm missing in my computer is the gradient...that's all but I think I can live without it. But I can't live without the HR function.

http://www.sigmasport.com/en/produkte/bike...?punkt=features
how long have u used bc2009? any probs so far? happy with it?

this one looks interesting too

http://www.cateye.com/en/products/detail/CC-RD420DW/

This post has been edited by miaopurr: Sep 8 2012, 09:38 AM

125 Pages « < 49 50 51 52 53 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0294sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:01 PM