views

miaopurr
post Nov 15 2012, 08:19 PM

On my way
570 posts

QUOTE(butthead @ Nov 15 2012, 05:21 PM)
that canyon is weak...

dread at this...

buy a Spez Shiv triathlon and mount up some road bike parts like this spez employee...
user posted image
you don't know aero until you own one of this.. and the dude only used this to ride the spez lunch hour rides...

http://neilbrowne.com/2012/01/the-2014-shiv-road-bike/
that is so not mainstream
Mac Wai
post Nov 15 2012, 08:44 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

Aiyah.. my bad, BSD is Bandar Sri D'sara, where I stay.
Did not have enough time for leisurely ride, so instead, scouted DPC hill top "bird watching" site (Butthead?) the final summit stretch were condone off, I guess can only trespass by bike.
Anyone around here lives in DPC?
auhckw
post Nov 15 2012, 08:57 PM

Regular
1,008 posts

I heard there are special backpack for cycling. Where can I find nice wans in PJ area?
miaopurr
post Nov 15 2012, 09:47 PM

On my way
570 posts

QUOTE(auhckw @ Nov 15 2012, 08:57 PM)
I heard there are special backpack for cycling. Where can I find nice wans in PJ area?
u mean backpack with water bladder? u can try corezone or tearproof. i got my high sierra from tearproof

This post has been edited by miaopurr: Nov 15 2012, 09:52 PM
auhckw
post Nov 15 2012, 10:02 PM

Regular
1,008 posts

QUOTE(miaopurr @ Nov 15 2012, 09:47 PM)
u mean backpack with water bladder? u can try corezone or tearproof. i got my high sierra from tearproof
Ah. Yes, Will check em out. Thanks.
TSvin_ann
post Nov 15 2012, 10:44 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,912 posts

QUOTE(butthead @ Nov 15 2012, 05:21 PM)
DPC for De Pastry Chef???

user posted image
slurrrrppp

BSD, Big Super Donkey

that canyon is weak...

dread at this...

buy a Spez Shiv triathlon and mount up some road bike parts like this spez employee...
user posted image
you don't know aero until you own one of this.. and the dude only used this to ride the spez lunch hour rides...

http://neilbrowne.com/2012/01/the-2014-shiv-road-bike/

Added on November 15, 2012, 5:32 pm

user posted image
wow....

btw... end of V3....

Continue V4 here... http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=2590848
butthead
post Nov 15 2012, 11:06 PM

On my way
593 posts

QUOTE(miaopurr @ Nov 15 2012, 06:12 PM)
usually just the first two only; upon installation and then when the cables have stretched enough
haha... then, maybe i special case lar... i never paid for jack shit before...

QUOTE(HughieRmX @ Nov 15 2012, 06:19 PM)
Good day.
Seeking for opinion from you guys .. what will be recommended for a starter in cycling ?
I am looking forward for weekend cycling at parks such as Taman Titiwangsa area those.

smile.gif
frankly, depends on your budget...

but... just for strolling around and high possibilities that you will leave your bike unattended.. you should consider something not too pricey in case it gets stolen...

folding bikes are good consideration too... at least it is easier to transport around ...

QUOTE(auhckw @ Nov 15 2012, 07:48 PM)
Hi guys. Just got myself my first folding bike. Day1 out today. Did it at DPC (Desa Park City) this morning. Saw some other road bikes.

Any of you guys ah?
most likely not... the ones who are interested would either be at genting sempah or in vin_anns case... staring at juicy butts in some spinning classes... awal buat-haram day for him...

Added on November 15, 2012, 11:18 pm
QUOTE(miaopurr @ Nov 15 2012, 08:19 PM)
that is so not mainstream
i am starting to wonder if you are a women behind taping on the keyboard...blardy fickle minded...

so you want mainstream now or not mainstream??

QUOTE(Mac Wai @ Nov 15 2012, 08:44 PM)
Aiyah.. my bad, BSD is Bandar Sri D'sara, where I stay.
Did not have enough time for leisurely ride, so instead, scouted DPC hill top "bird watching" site (Butthead?) the final summit stretch were condone off, I guess can only trespass by bike.
Anyone around here lives in DPC?
i feel that we have a stalker here... stop trespassing my secret grounds mad.gif

which summit stretch.. the one up to the water reservoir??? didn't know it was blocked.. there is some things there to block the way...but should not be hard to slip pass it...it's nothing to do up there anyways..just a short 12% climb

QUOTE(auhckw @ Nov 15 2012, 08:57 PM)
it's just a normal backpack... not special...

if you hang this off your back.. it'll be special..
user posted image
can have tongkat ali teh tarik somemore...bet you'll be the raymond lam of cycling in no time...

user posted image
he is the spokesperson for the tongkat ali teh tarik if you don't know.. but this is such a gayous topic...

i'll bring on his cousin for a change...
user posted image
wooo drool.gif drool.gif drool.gif

QUOTE(miaopurr @ Nov 15 2012, 09:47 PM)
no.. he meant backpack with 5 packs of teh tariks...

where is the camelbak recommendation dear employee... and why are you recommending our competitors shop...

remember our shop motto... where there is an arm.. there is a potential use for a poison needle...
user posted image

This post has been edited by butthead: Nov 15 2012, 11:18 PM
TSvin_ann
post Nov 15 2012, 11:21 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,912 posts

Anyone consume this Vi gel ??? look very good!

user posted image

http://www.viendurance.com/t/viadvantages
butthead
post Nov 15 2012, 11:24 PM

On my way
593 posts

QUOTE(auhckw @ Nov 15 2012, 10:02 PM)
Ah. Yes, Will check em out. Thanks.

too late...

Added on November 15, 2012, 11:31 pm
QUOTE(vin_ann @ Nov 15 2012, 11:21 PM)

user posted image

wow... their statements makes them look like the jamie oliver of energy supplements...

but i don't buy a word that gets typed from their keyboards...

this will be the guys who will be worrying me if they decide to launch some ass flavored energy gels... they will be trying to soak some asses to get the real taste rather than trying to artificially re-produce it with a mixture of chemicals... which either ways is damn sick btw..

This post has been edited by butthead: Nov 15 2012, 11:57 PM
TSvin_ann
post Nov 16 2012, 12:18 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,912 posts

QUOTE(butthead @ Nov 15 2012, 11:24 PM)

too late...

Added on November 15, 2012, 11:31 pm

wow... their statements makes them look like the jamie oliver of energy supplements...

but i don't buy a word that gets typed from their keyboards...

this will be the guys who will be worrying me if they decide to launch some ass flavored energy gels... they will be trying to soak some asses to get the real taste rather than trying to artificially re-produce it with a mixture of chemicals... which either ways is damn sick btw..
Let's see whether i managed to get the gels or not....

if i got it, u want to try?
mrjgx
post Nov 16 2012, 12:33 AM

Getting Started
59 posts

Hoi the shiv is way out of question lah. Haha. Went around for window shopping..confirms prices here are a bit on the higher side compare to Malaysia.

Btw is this one considers a bargain to get? Scott foil 30 equipped with Rival. Rim as in the pix below. Around rm10k plus only...it's a tad of a bit more cash from the new DA 9000...

user posted image

Another aero question...should I get 404 for front and rear, or 303 in front and 404 at the rear or 404 front and 808 rear? I heard that having deeper section wheels on the rear will act like a sail, planted our bike while the front is when it get thrown around by the wind. Hence the less deep in front is suggested. hmm.gif

I wonder how will the zipp behaves as even the normal rims like my FR0 already affected by the sidewind so much..

This post has been edited by mrjgx: Nov 16 2012, 12:36 AM
miaopurr
post Nov 16 2012, 06:55 AM

On my way
570 posts

QUOTE(butthead @ Nov 15 2012, 11:06 PM)
i am starting to wonder if you are a women behind taping on the keyboard...blardy fickle minded...

so you want mainstream now or not mainstream??

no.. he meant backpack with 5 packs of teh tariks...

where is the camelbak recommendation dear employee... and why are you recommending our competitors shop...

remember our shop motto... where there is an arm.. there is a potential use for a poison needle...
user posted image
ok bos. i wan no mainstream

backpack with teh tariks. HAHAHA. pagi2 already buat lawak. LOL

Added on November 16, 2012, 6:57 am
QUOTE(vin_ann @ Nov 15 2012, 11:21 PM)

user posted image

off the shelf energy gels are so mainstream. make a homemade one

This post has been edited by miaopurr: Nov 16 2012, 06:57 AM
butthead
post Nov 16 2012, 09:02 AM

On my way
593 posts

QUOTE(vin_ann @ Nov 16 2012, 12:18 AM)
Let's see whether i managed to get the gels or not....

if i got it, u want to try?
errr... i dunno wat to do with it...

if you can get a lorry of them...i'll give you a jelly wrestling match... i guess that'll put them to better use than being in my stomach...
user posted imageuser posted image

up for it??? let's vote...

QUOTE(mrjgx @ Nov 16 2012, 12:33 AM)
Hoi the shiv is way out of question lah. Haha. Went around for window shopping..confirms prices here are a bit on the higher side compare to Malaysia.

Btw is this one considers a bargain to get? Scott foil 30 equipped with Rival. Rim as in the pix below. Around rm10k plus only...it's a tad of a bit more cash from the new DA 9000...

Another aero question...should I get 404 for front and rear, or 303 in front and 404 at the rear or 404 front and 808 rear? I heard that having deeper section wheels on the rear will act like a sail, planted our bike while the front is when it get thrown around by the wind. Hence the less deep in front is suggested. hmm.gif

I wonder how will the zipp behaves as even the normal rims like my FR0 already affected by the sidewind so much..
of course it's out of the question lar... it's not even seen around here let alone having one...

i think the price is more or less the same around here.. kindred got his with force for additional 3k i think..

actually... it is possible to pair 404 and 808... but mostly tri guys only do that... no sense doing that on road because the 808 is not exactly what you call light in the first place... 303 and 404... don't think it brings much difference except it looks cool...

cross winds are tough and the higher the profile... the tougher it gets.. that is why you saw andy schleck crashed this year in a TT when he was blown off course by a big gust of side wind...

nick wrote about this in a q&a before... read about it..
http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/04/bik...and-more_215372

the zipps are designed to handle all sorts of wind conditions... that being said.. they are still gonna react to heavy winds blowing.. they are not magical in that sense...they are just more efficient at cutting through wind head on... that's all...

Added on November 16, 2012, 9:07 am
QUOTE(miaopurr @ Nov 16 2012, 06:55 AM)

Added on November 16, 2012, 6:57 am
off the shelf energy gels are so mainstream. make a homemade one
yeah... that's a great idea... in fact you can throw in something special in the mix... like amphetamines, corticosteroids, etc.... it'll be the best refueling mix ever... bet you'll put allen lim out of biz...

why didn't USPS thought of distributing PED in energy gels??? that is so inconspicuous...

This post has been edited by butthead: Nov 16 2012, 09:07 AM
mrjgx
post Nov 16 2012, 10:52 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

Haha. Ok lah better get the 404 terus..the deeper the more effect I'll get plus there's not much of a hilly ride here. Elevation gain for this 85km ride I've done this morning is only 357m tongue.gif

I'm ON it soon..the black on black 2013 decal! If only my bike is in red color......
butthead
post Nov 17 2012, 09:18 AM

On my way
593 posts

QUOTE(mrjgx @ Nov 16 2012, 10:52 PM)
Haha. Ok lah better get the 404 terus..the deeper the more effect I'll get plus there's not much of a hilly ride here. Elevation gain for this 85km ride I've done this morning is only 357m tongue.gif

I'm ON it soon..the black on black 2013 decal! If only my bike is in red color......
there used to be zedtech division in zipp where you can customize your zip... like a different color lock ring, ceramic bearings, carbon hubs like those used by htc highroad...

the rare triplet laced ala fulcrum 2:1 version of the zedtech rear wheel
user posted image

another more normal one.. can customize the stickers and anodization of some parts.. no performance difference most of the customization...
user posted image
mrjgx
post Nov 18 2012, 01:57 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

QUOTE(butthead @ Nov 17 2012, 09:18 AM)
there used to be zedtech division in zipp where you can customize your zip... like a different color lock ring, ceramic bearings, carbon hubs like those used by htc highroad...

the rare triplet laced ala fulcrum 2:1 version of the zedtech rear wheel
user posted image

another more normal one.. can customize the stickers and anodization of some parts.. no performance difference most of the customization...
user posted image
Interesting..but black on black is the in thing right now. Hehe. I just need my bike to be in draping red tongue.gif
TSvin_ann
post Nov 19 2012, 10:39 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,912 posts

Thread closed.

Proceed to V4: http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2590848

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0243sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:16 PM