Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cycling V3, General talks on Racing/road bikes

views

butthead
post Sep 8 2012, 10:03 AM

On my way
593 posts

QUOTE(mrjgx @ Sep 7 2012, 09:15 PM)
Did some browsing about the RD and stumble upon this forum..and zzzzz..flamings level ----> GS. Haha

http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=133137

Added on September 7, 2012, 9:29 pmButthead, what is the difference between max sprocket size and total capacity range?
as usual la... they expect the long cage to work every bit the same as a short cage where in reality is not... it suffers a bit in slower and sloppier shifting even when tuned perfectly due to extra chain slack especially running large cogs.. but that is the sort of compromise to take if you need it.. even SRAM WiFLi has the same problems..

touring guys don't complain.. only the road guys are the bastards who nitpick on the minor things...

Max sprocket size is how big a cassette shimano claims it will be able to use... on GS models i think they claim 30T max.. but stetina of Shimano group managed to squeeze a SS cage onto a 32T where the SS cage only claimed a 28T max cog (read the velo page i posted a bit ago)... i think they jus underclaim it so people don't expect too much... they are very conservative on that rating and their chain wrap as well...

*that being said.. i think the SS cage actually does work with 32T.. only problem is that the length of the RD cage will not be able to pick up extra chain slack and it becomes apparent when you run the small ring an start shifting to smaller cogs... any bump will dislodge the front chain ring and cause a chain drop when it is at it's slackest..... best to also consider buying a chain drop guard like k-edge or watever you can find since longer chain slack increases chain drop chances...

the chain wrap or total capcity is referring to how much chain slack the RD can take up.. usually done by calculating the difference between your big and small ring plus your difference between your biggest and smallest cog

(big ring - small ring) + (big cog - small cog) = chain wrap... then see how close it gets to the specified capacity listed on the RD...again.. running a 36T will show that the chain wrap is over the claimed capacity as some of the buggers who took long cage to run MTB cassettes tried it and it worked... not to best shifting expectations.. but it works...

QUOTE(fastreader @ Sep 7 2012, 09:37 PM)
hi, all sifus and gurus...

I'm intending to get a bike for fun-riding. For city use, would a road bike or mountain bike be ok? For road bike, those with thin/slim tyre, can they stand the potholes on the road?

pls help to advise. icon_question.gif icon_question.gif
any bike will do for city fun riding..an MTB will of course take a hit better than roadie.... MTB is built for toughness after all.. the offset is that it is slightly heavier but you can fit slimmer road slicks on it..

pothole is a dodgy question... it depends on how you hit it... squarely on the rim and it's possible to dent either rims... a puncture would be the least to expect on the lowest amount of damage if it were to happen...

both is OK in my opinion.. you've got to test both out to get a feel of it yourself...

like hybrid flatbars.. there is the 26" MTB based one which might give you disc brakes.. and there is the 700c models road based hybrids that is slightly lighter but runs flat MTB handlebars and shifters instead of conventional drops...

QUOTE(minizian @ Sep 7 2012, 10:20 PM)
Which sigma are you using now? Is it Sigma Rox 9.0? If so, can you please give me your opinion about it?
I do not plan to skip on if i going to go for garmin, just curious about the differences between the colours and the combo. I did not read carefully the description and just curious about the diff price range for the identical item (but in diff colour) The red black really matched my bike well.

A friend of mine actually had a unused new sigma rox 9 for sale at AUD150. That why i am in delima should i go all out for garmin i think my lbs will be selling around 400 plus aud or settle with rox for time being  rclxub.gif
the main difference from the surface is... do you mind charging the Garmin every couple of rides... if you don't like going "ohh, i forgot charging the garmin" before heading out for a ride.. Sigma is the clear winner...

else, if you find he need for GPS based logging... Garmin is the winner.. Garmin also has very fancy configurable user display to choose wat you want to show on main screen while Sigma does not... both offer more or less same functions minus the GPS on Sigma.

for AUD150..it's quite cheap depending on how long the unit has been used and whether does he still have the Datacenter software and docking station?

QUOTE(vin_ann @ Sep 7 2012, 10:52 PM)
user posted image

Met color... SL-4.

harga sepuluh biji...
stop poisoning!!! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

QUOTE(lot101 @ Sep 7 2012, 11:16 PM)
how much just for the stickers alone ?
ButtHead

Quite the opposite regarding trust.

About SOUL rims.....with the mileage you cover...you would probably need a new set by the end of the year.  biggrin.gif
FastReader

Hybrid bike...or .MTB with street tyres.....
stickers alone...can't be had.. the stickers are stuck on before the clear coat is sprayed on...

no wheels last forever in my opinion... you just have to live with that fact...

QUOTE(miaopurr @ Sep 7 2012, 11:36 PM)
not sure what the differences are other than the colours. about the chest strap, i think it comes with normal strap, not the premium one. u need to buy the premium strap separately. but a coupla friends of mine said that the normal strap was fine.
yeap i agree. me too. only need HR, speed, stopwatch, mileage.
GS = Gangnam Style

Added on September 7, 2012, 11:39 pm
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/vi...php?f=8&t=70862
maybe the premium strap tickles your nipples brows.gif

GS = Gangnam Style... kena trolled...

get a GS RD and you will horse gallop your way to the hardest hills..

QUOTE(miaopurr @ Sep 8 2012, 08:59 AM)
how long have u used bc2009? any probs so far? happy with it?

this one looks interesting too

http://www.cateye.com/en/products/detail/CC-RD420DW/
many people complain about the 2209 problems.. cannot detect signal... screen crapping out.. but i had no problems with it prior to my use.. maybe i was lucky..

think the cateye products are out of it's time this days.. their products are offer functions that are neither here nor there and they costs quite a lot...

cateye is only good for their durability.. even their wires ones have thicker cables than most other brands..

i had the old velo 8 and it flown off the dock @ 30k and barrel rolled across the street dunno how many times... got scratched like hell but it still functioned...

This post has been edited by butthead: Sep 8 2012, 10:12 AM
fastreader
post Sep 8 2012, 03:50 PM

4,551 posts

dear sifus,

Thank you for the advice given. Duly noted and I've decided to get a MTB.

Came across a recommendation by fren: http://www.mudah.my/Raleigh+renegade+mtb+b...KA-15850536.htm (It is this model, Raleigh Renegade)

Pls help to advise:

1) Is this model ok? In terms of frame build, suspension or anything that could be observe from the link above.

2) I was offered this as a second hand bike for RM500. The owner said that its been bought for only 1 month and he mentioned he got it for RM800. But online check reveal it cost only RM600. his asking price is RM500.
Question: Would it be too much to ask for RM300 since this is a second hand bike? Or any other amount?

3) Is this bike worth getting? Or are there a better alternative for the budget of RM500++ ?

icon_question.gif icon_question.gif pls help to advise.
thteong82
post Sep 8 2012, 05:16 PM

Poor Guy
1,528 posts

Hi everyone.

First time rides a MTB on road. During cycling, encounter some discomfort/pain near pelvis area.

Is this the saddle problem? My saddle does not have any gel.

I am quite a big size guy, of course big bottom as well. Do I need to buy a bigger saddle?

Is this one Selle Royal Shock Gel saddle good enough?

This post has been edited by thteong82: Sep 8 2012, 05:57 PM
TSvin_ann
post Sep 8 2012, 05:54 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,912 posts

Anyone cycling tmr?

i will be with my old-man gang start HOA - Genting Sempah... do downs... Janda Baik Hot springs (maybe U-turn) back to Bukit Tinggi for wan tan mee n kopi....

or go until Bentong traffic light... which i have no idea how long further... see how tmr...
nightzstar
post Sep 8 2012, 07:27 PM

Col. Samantha Carter
2,690 posts

done my riding today, butthurt to the max,ouch~~
fastreader
post Sep 8 2012, 09:41 PM

4,551 posts

Is it recommendable to get a fixed gear/single speed roadbike? for leisure purposes (i.e. to stregnthen leg muscle and for cardio purposes)

pls help to advise sifus.. icon_question.gif icon_question.gif
mrjgx
post Sep 8 2012, 10:38 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

QUOTE(butthead @ Sep 8 2012, 10:03 AM)
as usual la... they expect the long cage to work every bit the same as a short cage where in reality is not... it suffers a bit in slower and sloppier shifting even when tuned perfectly due to extra chain slack especially running large cogs.. but that is the sort of compromise to take if you need it.. even SRAM WiFLi has the same problems..

touring guys don't complain.. only the road guys are the bastards who nitpick on the minor things...

Max sprocket size is how big a cassette shimano claims it will be able to use... on GS models i think they claim 30T max.. but stetina of Shimano group managed to squeeze a SS cage onto a 32T where the SS cage only claimed a 28T max cog (read the velo page i posted a bit ago)... i think they jus underclaim it so people don't expect too much...  they are very conservative on that rating and their chain wrap as well...

*that being said.. i think the SS cage actually does work with 32T.. only problem is that the length of the RD cage will not be able to pick up extra chain slack and it becomes apparent when you run the small ring an start shifting to smaller cogs... any bump will dislodge the front chain ring and cause a chain drop when it is at it's slackest..... best to also consider buying a chain drop guard like k-edge or watever you can find since longer chain slack increases chain drop chances...

the chain wrap or total capcity is referring to how much chain slack the RD can take up.. usually done by calculating the difference between your big and small ring plus your difference between your biggest and smallest cog

(big ring - small ring) + (big cog - small cog) = chain wrap... then see how close it gets to the specified capacity listed on the RD...again.. running a 36T will show that the chain wrap is over the claimed capacity as some of the buggers who took long cage to run MTB cassettes tried it and it worked... not to best shifting expectations.. but it works...

many people complain about the 2209 problems.. cannot detect signal... screen crapping out.. but i had no problems with it prior to my use.. maybe i was lucky..

think the cateye products are out of it's time this days.. their products are offer functions that are neither here nor there and they costs quite a lot...

cateye is only good for their durability.. even their wires ones have thicker cables than most other brands..

i had the old velo 8 and it flown off the dock @ 30k and barrel rolled across the street dunno how many times... got scratched like hell but it still functioned...
Thx a lot man for the details answer. Now this thread has some meaningful cycling knowledge apart from the trolls. Haha. Yeah as you said, it's hard to get the medium cage Rd here in KL..i will have to resort to the Internet market soon enough wink.gif

For sigma 2209 MHR, i did have a malfunction heart strap sensor, got it replaced with a new one and until now so far no issue. It sync well below 10 secs every time. About the lost of sync, yes it happened intermittently but won't affect your on going meter readings...it sync again below 5 secs. Not an issue to me.
TSvin_ann
post Sep 8 2012, 10:45 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,912 posts

change!

tmr shall cycle from home out to meet up with my p2k group at uptown... then go meet PCC at dont know where... to Ijok!
butthead
post Sep 9 2012, 12:09 AM

On my way
593 posts

QUOTE(fastreader @ Sep 8 2012, 03:50 PM)
dear sifus,

Thank you for the advice given. Duly noted and I've decided to get a MTB.

Came across a recommendation by fren: http://www.mudah.my/Raleigh+renegade+mtb+b...KA-15850536.htm (It is this model, Raleigh Renegade)

Pls help to advise:

1) Is this model ok? In terms of frame build, suspension or anything that could be observe from the link above.

2) I was offered this as a second hand bike for RM500. The owner said that its been bought for only 1 month and he mentioned he got it for RM800. But online check reveal it cost only RM600. his asking price is RM500.
Question: Would it be too much to ask for RM300 since this is a second hand bike? Or any other amount?

3) Is this bike worth getting? Or are there a better alternative for the budget of RM500++ ?

icon_question.gif icon_question.gif pls help to advise.
it's not the best money can buy.. if you don't have high expectations on it.. it is a bike that is better than the ones sold in hypermarkets.. that is all i can say..

if you are looking for a bike to stroll your housing neighbourhood, go riding with your girlfriend and enjoy nature somewhere in the parks... this is perfect and cheap.. no worries of getting it scratched or falling and hitting something... that sort of thing...

if you find midway owning the bike that you want more gears, better brakes, and stuff.. you are quite stuffed..

but, at the end of the day.. your budget is limiting your choices.. it's a good one to start off if you are in between finding out whether you are going to like the sport or not..and if you decide you don't like cycling... RM800 is not a painful loss compared to spending a couple of thousands..

this is most likely the situation of the owner of the 2nd hand bike you mentioned, he either regretted by giving up the sport or upgraded to a better bike realizing it's not what he wants... i think it's not too much to ask for lower sale price from a buyer perspective.. but it might be too much for the seller to lose that much in 1 month's of ownership.. put yourself in his shoes and think if you like to suffer a 50% loss in just owning the bike for 1 month...

QUOTE(thteong82 @ Sep 8 2012, 05:16 PM)
Hi everyone.

First time rides a MTB on road. During cycling, encounter some discomfort/pain near pelvis area.

Is this the saddle problem? My saddle does not have any gel.

I am quite a big size guy, of course big bottom as well. Do I need to buy a bigger saddle?

Is this one Selle Royal Shock Gel saddle good enough?
pain is a normal thing... there is no guarantee that a big saddle solves your pain.. sometimes the different padding can help.. not just being soft.. sometimes firm ones work better depending on your "asset"... it's different for everyone... but... if you just started.. i suggest you give it sometime as the pain subsides over time once you get used to it.. by then, if you hunt for a saddle... it will be better since you know what to look for to make yourself more comfortable.. if you buy now, your feeling might change a couple months down the road and you will be looking for another one again..

QUOTE(nightzstar @ Sep 8 2012, 07:27 PM)
done my riding today, butthurt to the max,ouch~~
give it sometime... everyone goes through this stage.. wait till you spend in excess of 8 hours in the saddle... butthurt is the least of worries you have.. numb balls.. thigh rashes from grinding against side of the saddle.. you get the feeling...

QUOTE(fastreader @ Sep 8 2012, 09:41 PM)
Is it recommendable to get a fixed gear/single speed roadbike? for leisure purposes (i.e. to stregnthen leg muscle and for cardio purposes)

pls help to advise sifus.. icon_question.gif icon_question.gif
single speed is still OK.. but you might find it tougher once you meet some hills... no gears does not mean strengthening leg muscles.. it just means more suffering... gears are made for a purpose.. and if you like singlespeed.. you can try not to shift on a geared bike and that effectively makes it a singlespeed.. but give you the choice of choosing a lighter gear in case you can't make it up a hill instead of pushing...

we are not against fixies... but it depends on your riding experiences.. to start off from almost zero or long absence from a riding a bike on a fixie is a dangerous thing especially the ones that has no brakes... border-lining stupid and crazy for me personally.. on a fixie you have to be more aware of surrounding traffic since you can't stop as fast as bikes with brakes... hell, you can lock your wheels up.. but that does not mean it is stopping you..

fixies for leisure riding is a fact.. but you must at least understand what the fixies are about in the first place and not just by watching the fixie riders ride and think that it is a cool thing to do...it's dangerous not to have brakes.. it's totally another thing to have a pedal that you need to constantly keep spinning without letting go of the pedals and use it as a backpedal to stop the bike...

QUOTE(mrjgx @ Sep 8 2012, 10:38 PM)
Thx a lot man for the details answer. Now this thread has some meaningful cycling knowledge apart from the trolls. Haha. Yeah as you said, it's hard to get the medium cage Rd here in KL..i will have to resort to the Internet market soon enough  wink.gif

For sigma 2209 MHR, i did have a malfunction heart strap sensor, got it replaced with a new one and until now so far no issue. It sync well below 10 secs every time. About the lost of sync, yes it happened intermittently but won't affect your on going meter readings...it sync again below 5 secs. Not an issue to me.
i thought you were gonna say the c0ckers.... hahahaha...

there is been loads of c0cking about in recent days.. everyone's c0cking level has increased by a couple of bars whistling.gif

hard is one thing.. impossible is more like it.. especially if you want shimano ones.. SRAM WiFLi is the easiest choice.. but a big re-investment if you are not already on SRAM...

QUOTE(vin_ann @ Sep 8 2012, 10:45 PM)
change!

tmr shall cycle from home out to meet up with my p2k group at uptown... then go meet PCC at dont know where... to Ijok!
p2k vs pcc.. epic battle is on...

gcphoton
post Sep 9 2012, 07:50 AM

Getting Started
216 posts

I am a newbie looking to get a new hybrid bike to use for exercise, go around town or maybe weekend can go someplace a little further... Initially my budget is 700 to 800, I see no much choice sad.gif so I think maybe 1500 budget should be better but I am not sure because I read from 700 to 1500 is consider the same range... need sifus here advice please... thanks.
mrjgx
post Sep 9 2012, 05:09 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

Today morning ride was HOA-sempah..my new gp4000s is damn good n gripping the road really well..not to mention how supple the ride is now. Good investment is all I can say biggrin.gif

On my way back to HOA, I was following a big motorbike, he's kinda marshaling us riders for fun. He honked in every blind spot corners, hand signals n stuff. I chased him down, overtook a group of fast riders and solo ride with the bike for quite sometime until I'm out of juice and the fast group behind me close the gap and start buzzing past me...what a speed they were chasing and descending..tak boleh thn kene overtook by Merida I think tongue.gif

Whoever was in that 5 group of riders earlier, if you guys are here in this forum..you all are damn berani and so strong ler..hehe.

I saw one fixie rider this morning..Strong leg..strong mind. Kudos.

I went to Samy after ride, he used to have a few 105 RD med cage but all sold out..im too late...zzz

On the other note, I didn't slam my stems all the way down. I use a 10mm cone spacer..that's the lowest I will go for now. It improved my body position..most of the weight now being supported by my butt and I can feel less strains on my arms.

Interesting read about slamming.

http://www.roadbikeaction.com/fly.aspx?lay...taxid=97&cid=57

This post has been edited by mrjgx: Sep 9 2012, 05:25 PM
TSvin_ann
post Sep 9 2012, 08:17 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,912 posts

argh.... today.. what's a comfortable ride with PCC group...

wahaha...

1st time cycle out from my place to Uptown meet up with group... was enjoying my breakfast and suddenly Kaboom! whose tyre is blow? it's mine! WTF... )(*&^&%%##

1st thought in mind, omg... tyre blow, how i'm going to go back? a check on my tyre, it's seem it side wall come out without any burst on my GP4000s, but the tube a huge lubang!

changed tube... and i'm back on track...

Start Uptown, toward Sg buloh direction toward Kuala Selangor... We waited few minutes for PCC group at the Gurthine exit...

We were pacing with PCC speed... with average 28-30km/hr.... just like cycle in park.... dam nice! plus views also nice... wahaha...

only when last 2km, everyone sprint to Petronas at the junction at Ijok...

while back, we use Gurthine hway to Kota Damansara and breakfast there for ipoh famous white coffee.. and it's was like 10:30am! =.=''

Ride back to home... total distance is about 94km. realized, cycle out from home, i saved lot of trouble packing unpack bike load bike and unload bike....

on other hand, just found out 1 of member is budget for 20k new bike! WTF...

Money! Money! why you not belong to me!
fastreader
post Sep 9 2012, 08:40 PM

4,551 posts

QUOTE(butthead @ Sep 9 2012, 12:09 AM)
it's not the best money can buy.. if you don't have high expectations on it.. it is a bike that is better than the ones sold in hypermarkets.. that is all i can say..

if you are looking for a bike to stroll your housing neighbourhood, go riding with your girlfriend and enjoy nature somewhere in the parks... this is perfect and cheap.. no worries of getting it scratched or falling and hitting something... that sort of thing...

if you find midway owning the bike that you want more gears, better brakes, and stuff.. you are quite stuffed..

but, at the end of the day.. your budget is limiting your choices.. it's a good one to start off if you are in between finding out whether you are going to like the sport or not..and if you decide you don't like cycling... RM800 is not a painful loss compared to spending a couple of thousands..

this is most likely the situation of the owner of the 2nd hand bike you mentioned, he either regretted by giving up the sport or upgraded to a better bike realizing it's not what he wants... i think it's not too much to ask for lower sale price from a buyer perspective.. but it might be too much for the seller to lose that much in 1 month's of ownership.. put yourself in his shoes and think if you like to suffer a 50% loss in just owning the bike for 1 month...

single speed is still OK.. but you might find it tougher once you meet some hills... no gears does not mean strengthening leg muscles.. it just means more suffering... gears are made for a purpose.. and if you like singlespeed.. you can try not to shift on a geared bike and that effectively makes it a singlespeed.. but give you the choice of choosing a lighter gear in case you can't make it up a hill instead of pushing...

we are not against fixies... but it depends on your riding experiences.. to start off from almost zero or long absence from a riding a bike on a fixie is a dangerous thing especially the ones that has no brakes... border-lining stupid and crazy for me personally.. on a fixie you have to be more aware of surrounding traffic since you can't stop as fast as bikes with brakes... hell, you can lock your wheels up.. but that does not mean it is stopping you..

fixies for leisure riding is a fact.. but you must at least understand what the fixies are about in the first place and not just by watching the fixie riders ride and think that it is a cool thing to do...it's dangerous not to have brakes.. it's totally another thing to have a pedal that you need to constantly keep spinning without letting go of the pedals and use it as a backpedal to stop the bike...
wow!!! this is great advice!!! smile.gif thank you for your kind advice. hmm.gif hmm.gif looks like its perfectly alrite for me to bargain with this guy. Also, will look around to see if i can find a better bike in my low price range.. smile.gif thank you a lot Butthead!!! u are really helpful!!! biggrin.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
mrjgx
post Sep 10 2012, 08:29 AM

Getting Started
59 posts

If I buy the same cassette for my another set of rear wheels (for training on trainer), is there any calibration needed or I can swap the rear wheels with no issue in gear shifting? I'm planning to get another set of cheap cassette..don't want my ne 4000s to be used on a trainer session. Hehe.

So what if in the future, main wheel set is using 32T, training set is using 28T..any issue?

lot101
post Sep 10 2012, 09:22 AM

Apa got sing sing one......
603 posts

QUOTE(vin_ann @ Sep 9 2012, 08:17 PM)
argh.... today.. what's a comfortable ride with PCC group...

wahaha...

1st time cycle out from my place to Uptown meet up with group... was enjoying my breakfast and suddenly Kaboom! whose tyre is blow? it's mine! WTF... )(*&^&%%##

1st thought in mind, omg... tyre blow, how i'm going to go back? a check on my tyre, it's seem it side wall come out without any burst on my GP4000s, but the tube a huge lubang!

changed tube... and i'm back on track...

Start Uptown, toward Sg buloh direction toward Kuala Selangor... We waited few minutes for PCC group at the Gurthine exit...

We were pacing with PCC speed... with average 28-30km/hr.... just like cycle in park.... dam nice! plus views also nice... wahaha...

only when last 2km, everyone sprint to Petronas at the junction at Ijok...

while back, we use Gurthine hway to Kota Damansara and breakfast there for ipoh famous white coffee.. and it's was like 10:30am! =.=''

Ride back to home... total distance is about 94km. realized, cycle out from home, i saved lot of trouble packing unpack bike load bike and unload bike....

nice,,,,,I hate packing the bike up for a drive (MTB) just to ride since I dont own a bike rack.

What time did you start your ride ? 8am ???

Where is HOA ?

QUOTE(mrjgx @ Sep 10 2012, 08:29 AM)
If I buy the same cassette for my another set of rear wheels (for training on trainer), is there any calibration needed or I can swap the rear wheels with no issue in gear shifting? I'm planning to get another set of cheap cassette..don't want my ne 4000s to be used on a trainer session. Hehe.

So what if in the future, main wheel set is using 32T, training set is using 28T..any issue?
what's ne 4000?

Le ButtHead......maybe we should start a FAQ ???
TSvin_ann
post Sep 10 2012, 09:24 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,912 posts

HOA = Hospital Orang Asli. just drive along Jln Gombak until the end of the road... u can see HOA on ur left.

butthead
post Sep 10 2012, 10:16 AM

On my way
593 posts

QUOTE(vin_ann @ Sep 9 2012, 08:17 PM)

tat's the reality... face it.. either they have no financial obligations or they are just filthy rich...

nothing you can do about it except to go kidnap their kids and ransom them...

QUOTE(mrjgx @ Sep 10 2012, 08:29 AM)

change wheels is mostly coupled with a slight adjustment for smoother shifting.. unless you are getting the same exact wheel... nothing that a few turns of the barrel adjuster can't take care of...

don't see any reason why you need to choose cassette for a trainer... since you are just pedaling stationary in the same spot and you have nothing to chase or compete with... it's just to adjust for the resistance right?

QUOTE(lot101 @ Sep 10 2012, 09:22 AM)
Where is HOA ?
what's ne 4000?
Le ButtHead......maybe we should start a FAQ ???
i think he meant new 4000 as in conti GP4000s

FAQ for how to talk c0ck??? anytime bro...

QUOTE(vin_ann @ Sep 10 2012, 09:24 AM)
HOA = Hospital Orang Asli. just drive along Jln Gombak until the end of the road... u can see HOA on ur left.
haha.. i thought you were gonna say the hospital where you see orang asli jumping around in circles and shouting like red indians around a babi hutan biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by butthead: Sep 10 2012, 10:17 AM
mrjgx
post Sep 10 2012, 10:25 AM

Getting Started
59 posts

Typo lah..what I meant was new conti 4000s. I need another cassette for my old rear wheels. So when I cycle on trainer I can swap the rear wheel with the old set of tires. Now I have extra rear wheel but no cassette.

sunghajung11
post Sep 10 2012, 10:29 AM

37 posts

Hi there,
I'm plannin to get a bicycle trainer to train at home.
Any suggestion? price less than 1k la. hopefully 500 plus can get?

butthead
post Sep 10 2012, 10:30 AM

On my way
593 posts

QUOTE(mrjgx @ Sep 10 2012, 10:25 AM)
Typo lah..what I meant was new conti 4000s.  I need another cassette for my old rear wheels. So when I cycle on trainer I can swap the rear wheel with the old set of tires. Now I have extra rear wheel but no cassette.
if you get the 32T.. use your current 11-28T.. don't see any problems except having to turn the barrel adjusters a bit to ensure it shifts up and down smoothly.. it's mostly caused by the slight difference in freewheel positioning and that depending on the difference between both your wheels might cause from slightly laggish shifts or possibly a few gears that might not shift accurately...

125 Pages « < 50 51 52 53 54 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0186sec    0.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:45 AM