Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Astro byond spilts into 2 or 3 TVs

viper1912
post Jan 4 2010, 11:29 AM

Group: Junior Member

Hi....

I've just got astro pple to install the byond decoder. According to the installer, this new decoder does not hv any output except component and HDMI. unlike d old decoder, they can hv another areal output. Where I used to run another line up to my bedroom as bedroom and living hall will be watching the same channel.

Any 1 watching 2 or 3 TV with byond decoder? Installer say it can only support 1? My fren was telling me to get d Coax Spilter 2-way satelite. before the astro cable goes into the decoder...spilt 1 out to my bedroom. Anyone has any solution for me, you guys out there already got a solution for this?

Thanx in advance

Attached Image

This post has been edited by viper1912: Jan 4 2010, 11:31 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SiriuslyCold
post Jan 4 2010, 11:40 AM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

you'd need another decoder in the bedroom, won't you?
+Quote Post
stimix
post Jan 4 2010, 11:50 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living
Group: Moderator

This been discussed extensively in the existing Astroi Byond thread.

U just need a RCA splitter (~RM1.50/pc X2 or 3) & a AV-RF converter to convert the RCA to RF (The common TV antenna cable). Can liao
+Quote Post
viper1912
post Jan 4 2010, 11:51 AM

QUOTE(SiriuslyCold @ Jan 4 2010, 11:40 AM)
you'd need another decoder in the bedroom, won't you?
For earlier astro decoder...not decoder is needed. Only RF cable only directly into TV.
+Quote Post
mlthum
post Jan 4 2010, 12:11 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(stimix @ Jan 4 2010, 11:50 AM)
This been discussed extensively in the existing Astroi Byond thread.

U just need a RCA splitter (~RM1.50/pc X2 or 3) & a AV-RF converter to convert the RCA to RF (The common TV antenna cable). Can liao
Ya and thanks to Stimix on the recommendation. I did update the solution at the Astro Byond thread. May be let me elaborate more here.

Previous setup while using old Astro Decoder
Cabling: coaxial cable from living hall to bedroom
Connectivity: the above coaxial cable connect to the astro decoder coaxial output

New setup using Astro Byond setup box
Cabling: remain no change for your coaxial cable from living room to bedroom, but require additional RCA cable
Item require: AV transmitter
Connectivity:
RCA cable connect from setup box (Red/White/Yellow) > RCA input @ AV transmitter
Coaxial cable from bedroom connect to the AV transmitter coaxial output.

+Quote Post
viper1912
post Jan 4 2010, 12:30 PM

Connectivity: the above coaxial cable connect to the astro decoder coaxial output

Cabling: remain no change for your coaxial cable from living room to bedroom, but require additional RCA cable
Connectivity:
RCA cable connect from setup box (Red/White/Yellow) > RCA input @ AV transmitter

[/quote]

Thanx mlthum,

Now with your explanation I can understand better. Which means with this byond decoder all I need is a AV transmitter. This AV transmitter will transfer out via coaxial output. which works the same way like d old decoder.

byond decoder output via RCA to AV transmitter and AV transmitter coaxial output to RF cable to my bedroom.

Any recommendation, where I can get this AV transmitter? IT mall sell these ? Any brand particular you can recommend?.

Thanx...

+Quote Post
pirateguy
post Jan 4 2010, 01:20 PM

Regular

By the way, if Byond is connected to HDMI tv (and in use), the RCA port still give output? I haven't done this test.
+Quote Post
mlthum
post Jan 4 2010, 01:41 PM

Getting Started

[quote=viper1912,Jan 4 2010, 12:30 PM]

Connectivity:

[/quote]

Thanx mlthum,

Now with your explanation I can understand better. Which means with this byond decoder all I need is a AV transmitter. This AV transmitter will transfer out via coaxial output. which works the same way like d old decoder.

byond decoder output via RCA to AV transmitter and AV transmitter coaxial output to RF cable to my bedroom.

Any recommendation, where I can get this AV transmitter? IT mall sell these ? Any brand particular you can recommend?.

Thanx...

[/quote]

I got the transmitter at Jln Pasar a shop call Lan Ho. The transmitter cost is around RM40. I did took photo but at the moment at office may be tonight will upload the photo of the transmitter.

Added on January 4, 2010, 1:42 pm[quote=pirateguy,Jan 4 2010, 01:20 PM]
By the way, if Byond is connected to HDMI tv (and in use), the RCA port still give output? I haven't done this test.

[/quote]

yes RCA and component are able to provide the output even HDMI is connected. Which mean it can be 3 output at the same time.

This post has been edited by mlthum: Jan 4 2010, 01:42 PM
+Quote Post
ssyam
post Jan 4 2010, 02:07 PM

Getting Started

i'm using AEM xtra link 2 to view astro and change channel at 2nd tv in bedroom.
last time used this gadget for old astro decoder and now use it to link byond decoder.

user posted image
+Quote Post
TVSPY
post Jan 4 2010, 02:09 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(viper1912 @ Jan 4 2010, 11:51 AM)
For earlier astro decoder...not decoder is needed. Only RF cable only directly into TV.
if that was the case why would you even need a decoder to start with?
It is simply wrong to think you can take the signal direct from the dish and plug into a Tv and watch astro. it must pass thru a decoder.
+Quote Post
viper1912
post Jan 4 2010, 02:16 PM

QUOTE(ssyam @ Jan 4 2010, 02:07 PM)
i'm using  AEM xtra link 2 to  view astro and change channel at 2nd tv in bedroom.
last time used this gadget for old astro decoder and now  use it to link  byond decoder.

user posted image
Can u elaborate a bit on how do u hook this AEM xtra link? How do u connect to byond decoder?

+Quote Post
DeZeque
post Jan 4 2010, 02:17 PM

Getting Started

anyone know whether jalan pasar got sell active hdmi splitter or not aaa?? them both tv also can get HD... i found on some websites are quote expensives... few hundred USD..
+Quote Post
accitzone
post Jan 4 2010, 02:35 PM

Getting Started

i'm using  AEM xtra link 2 to  view astro and change channel at 2nd tv in bedroom.
last time used this gadget for old astro decoder and now  use it to link  byond decoder.

user posted image
my bros n me uses this too.. i use the wired 1, my elder bro uses the wireless 1.

QUOTE(DeZeque @ Jan 4 2010, 02:17 PM)
anyone know whether jalan pasar got sell active hdmi splitter or not aaa?? them both tv also can get HD... i found on some websites are quote expensives... few hundred USD..
bought it at my local electric shop...

we can change the astro channels via this thing. my oni grouse is tht i hv the wired, but the wirelss is lousy a bit.

mine controls the astro via a small thing put at the IR receiver on the astro decoded. 1 decoder in the hall tv and the other in the family living tv.

This post has been edited by accitzone: Jan 4 2010, 02:38 PM
+Quote Post
ar188
post Jan 4 2010, 06:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(TVSPY @ Jan 4 2010, 02:09 PM)
if that was the case why would you even need a decoder to start with?
It is simply wrong to think you can take the signal direct from the dish and plug into a Tv and watch astro. it must pass thru a decoder.
maybe he got confused.. RF cable to other TVs is still after the decoder.. (not the RF signal before decoder)
+Quote Post
klguy
post Jan 4 2010, 07:41 PM

Getting Started

user posted image
May I know where & how much you paid for this item! Thanks in advance! wink.gif
+Quote Post
mlthum
post Jan 4 2010, 09:54 PM

Getting Started

[quote=mlthum,Jan 4 2010, 01:41 PM]
Thanx mlthum,

Thanx...

[/quote]

I got the transmitter at Jln Pasar a shop call Lan Ho. The transmitter cost is around RM40. I did took photo but at the moment at office may be tonight will upload the photo of the transmitter.

Added on January 4, 2010, 1:42 pm

yes RCA and component are able to provide the output even HDMI is connected. Which mean it can be 3 output at the same time.

[/quote]

user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by mlthum: Jan 5 2010, 08:47 PM
+Quote Post
viper1912
post Jan 4 2010, 10:02 PM

Hi mlthum,

I just got the dawa AV-RF transmitter.

I able to connect to the byond decoder....but I got a problem.

There is pic, but the picture got no colour and there is noise.....I tried all the connector available at back of byond decoder. Unable to solve this problem.

This is how I connect, byond RCA out to AV-RF converter in ...and converter RF out to my bedroom TV.

Anyone can comment?

+Quote Post
sunnyK
post Jan 4 2010, 10:10 PM

On my way

i wonder , will a hdmi spiltter and a long and short hdmi cable helps to solve this issue

one cable connect to the original Tv link and the second to the oem Tv link

This post has been edited by sunnyK: Jan 4 2010, 10:11 PM
+Quote Post
mlthum
post Jan 4 2010, 10:21 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(viper1912 @ Jan 4 2010, 10:02 PM)
Hi mlthum,

There is pic, but the picture got no colour and there is noise.....I tried all the connector available at back of byond decoder. Unable to solve this problem.

This is how I connect, byond RCA out to AV-RF converter in ...and converter RF out to my bedroom TV.

Anyone can comment?
u may bring ur tv to make a direct connect using RCA to TV RCA input see whether u got the same problem. If yes then proceed to contact Astro CS
else bring the transmitter back to the shop and ask for exchange may be the transmitter "koyak" that failed to transmit the signal.
for me the connectibity quite straigh forward,
Byond RCA out to AV Transmitter RCA in then AV transmitter TV out (coax) to bedroom TV in (coax) and do an auto tuning at the bedroom tv - DONE
+Quote Post
viper1912
post Jan 5 2010, 09:03 AM

[quote=mlthum,Jan 4 2010, 10:21 PM]
u may bring ur tv to make a direct connect using RCA to TV RCA input see whether u got the same problem. If yes then proceed to contact Astro CS
else bring the transmitter back to the shop and ask for exchange may be the transmitter "koyak" that failed to transmit the signal.
Byond RCA out to AV Transmitter RCA in then AV transmitter TV out (coax) to bedroom TV in (coax) and do an auto tuning at the bedroom tv - DONE

After I replied you ...I go back n auto tunning the TV at last I got it. But the picture compare to earlier setting (not byond decoder) a bit jagger...on top of the image. Now currently using the stock yellow white red cable. Will change to RGB cable later tonite.

Which output you connected to the byond decoder? Y Pr Pb or the Video , L& R for audio?

Here is the picture of the AV-RF converter I got.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
mlthum
post Jan 5 2010, 10:15 AM

Getting Started

[quote=viper1912,Jan 5 2010, 09:03 AM]
[quote=mlthum,Jan 4 2010, 10:21 PM]

After I replied you ...I go back n auto tunning the TV at last I got it. But the picture compare to earlier setting (not byond decoder) a bit jagger...on top of the image. Now currently using the stock yellow white red cable. Will change to RGB cable later tonite.

Which output you connected to the byond decoder? Y Pr Pb or the Video , L& R for audio?

Here is the picture of the AV-RF converter I got.

[/quote]

i'm using Video, L & R (Red / White / Yellow)

+Quote Post
redza2k4
post Jan 23 2010, 12:18 AM

Group: New Member

Hi mlthum,

Anyone can comment?
Just got dawa AV-RF transmitter. very dissapointed with the quality especially sound. Looking for better transmitter here ....... any idea especially wireless HD transmitter?

This post has been edited by redza2k4: Jan 23 2010, 12:22 AM
+Quote Post
CapKapak
post Jan 23 2010, 05:38 AM

Getting Started

user posted image
I am also using this at the moment with the old decoder but would like to know how it works with the beyond decoder. Please explain.

Thanks.
+Quote Post
yeahh
post Jan 23 2010, 10:26 AM

Not enough stars :(

how much does the AEM xtra link cost anyway?

thinking of getting it and i dont wanna get conned on the price
+Quote Post
silbii
post Jan 23 2010, 01:02 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(CapKapak @ Jan 23 2010, 05:38 AM)
I am also using this at the moment with the old decoder but would like to know how it works with the beyond decoder. Please explain.

Thanks.
same like the old decoder i guess, but connect it to beyod's composite and L&R audio analog channels only -

the connection will be from beyond's composite yellow video, analog L & R audio into the AV transmitter input...but you will just get SD channels for the other tv...the HD channels you can't get...
+Quote Post
m_imrun
post Jan 24 2010, 06:25 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(silbii @ Jan 23 2010, 01:02 PM)
same like the old decoder i guess, but connect it to beyod's composite and L&R audio analog channels only -

the connection will be from beyond's composite yellow video, analog L & R audio into the AV transmitter input...but you will just get SD channels for the other tv...the HD channels you can't get...
Correct me if i'm wrong, if i'm watching HD Channel in my LCD tv, the 2nd tv will get the HD channel in SD format right?
Or the 2nd tv will unable to watch anything?

This post has been edited by m_imrun: Jan 24 2010, 06:26 AM
+Quote Post
doey
post Jan 24 2010, 11:30 PM

QUOTE(m_imrun @ Jan 24 2010, 06:25 AM)
Correct me if i'm wrong, if i'm watching HD Channel in my LCD tv, the 2nd tv will get the HD channel in SD format right?
Or the 2nd tv will unable to watch anything?
2nd TV will get HD channel in SD.
+Quote Post
matrix88
post Jan 24 2010, 11:36 PM

Getting Started

was told that if use wireless av box to connect to another tv set, the signal wont be hd anymore as there will be inteference and lost of signal. means it will be the same as yr previous norman decoder.
in order to fully use the hd signal, a hdmi cable is a must!
+Quote Post
m_imrun
post Jan 25 2010, 04:19 AM

Getting Started

biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by m_imrun: Feb 17 2010, 03:46 AM
+Quote Post
RAMChYLD
post Jan 25 2010, 11:47 AM

Regular

QUOTE(matrix88 @ Jan 24 2010, 11:36 PM)
was told that if use wireless av box to connect to another tv set, the signal wont be hd anymore as there will be inteference and lost of signal. means it will be the same as yr previous norman decoder.
in order to fully use the hd signal, a hdmi cable is a must!
Well, main TV use HDMI and bedroom TV use AV box. Yes, you cannot get HD through AV box, signal will downsample to SD and there might be interference depending on your setup. But that's the best one can come up with. Other way is to involve a few thousand ringgit in a HDMI splitter, a bunch of HDMI cables and repeaters, and wiring. Either that or a wireless HDMI transmitter and receiver kit which also costs a few thousand ringgit.

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Jan 25 2010, 11:48 AM
+Quote Post
rayfoo
post Jan 25 2010, 12:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!

wireless HD transmitter by Giraffe..RM5K above something like that ...

QUOTE(redza2k4 @ Jan 23 2010, 12:18 AM)
Just got dawa AV-RF transmitter. very dissapointed with the quality especially sound. Looking for better transmitter here ....... any idea especially wireless HD transmitter?

Added on January 25, 2010, 12:16 pmfor HD for 2 set of TV, u can get
1) 1 unit HD splitter ( 2port) about RM400 ATEN brand
2) 1 unit HDMI over CAT5E extender about RM700 ATEN brand
3) 2 unit of CAT5E cable (length depend) estimate RM100
Total about RM1200

all available locally

This post has been edited by rayfoo: Jan 26 2010, 07:50 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
m_imrun
post Jan 26 2010, 02:59 PM

Getting Started

------------------

This post has been edited by m_imrun: Jan 26 2010, 06:24 PM
+Quote Post
rattan
post Jan 26 2010, 07:29 PM

Android's Droid

I saw an electronic shop selling the HDMI splitter, this is if u got more then 1 hd capable tv and want to share. The splitter comes with 1 port input (from astro byond decoder) and 4 output. Cost around RM400+.
+Quote Post
jacky5283
post Jan 26 2010, 10:36 PM

Getting Started

Hello guys, sorry but i need to ask something outside this topic...

I have a standard definition decoder now and is usable, what if i ordered astro byond, i will get another satellite dish, new decoder and a smart card right.

Okay, now, can i use that 2 decoders, to watch different channels simultaneously?
+Quote Post
RAMChYLD
post Jan 27 2010, 01:12 AM

Regular

QUOTE(jacky5283 @ Jan 26 2010, 10:36 PM)
Hello guys, sorry but i need to ask something outside this topic...

I have a standard definition decoder now and is usable, what if i ordered astro byond, i will get another satellite dish, new decoder and a smart card right.

Okay, now, can i use that 2 decoders, to watch different channels simultaneously?
They will take back your SD decoder when you order Astro Byond. If you want to keep it, you must pay RM80. Even then they'll take away the smart card. Best you call Astro CS and see what you can do. Best way is to work out how to subscribe to supplementary line and then move the decoder to the sub line while putting the Byond as the new main line.
+Quote Post
hoilok
post Jan 28 2010, 02:18 PM

Regular

Hi guys if single decoder how to split into LCD and transmitter ? do i need a RCA splitter to do it
+Quote Post
RAMChYLD
post Jan 28 2010, 02:42 PM

Regular

QUOTE(hoilok @ Jan 28 2010, 02:18 PM)
Hi guys if single decoder how to split into LCD and transmitter ? do i need a RCA splitter to do it
I dun quite understand your question. But for byond, generally the most accepted answer is connect LCD TV via HDMI so it gets HD quality image, and second TV (which downscale HD to SD) use RCA direct or convert to RF using a RM15-RM50 RCA-to-RF converter.

More exotic setup discussed in the past requires RM600++ component-to-SVideo converter (because b.yond has no S-Video connector) or if you want HD on both TVs, RM1000++ in HDMI splitter plus various concoctions of HDMI repeaters or HDMI to Ethernet converters, or an uber-expensive RM5000++ HDMI wireless kit.

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Jan 28 2010, 02:42 PM
+Quote Post
viper1912
post Jan 28 2010, 03:11 PM

I've encounter problem....for my 2nd TV, which I unable to change channel. I've placed the infra -red thigy at the byond channel area...it still unable to change channel.

Anyone care to tell which is the area on the byond decoder I shd put the INfra Red thingy.

+Quote Post
eMKs
post Jan 28 2010, 04:43 PM

On my way

QUOTE(rayfoo @ Jan 25 2010, 12:12 PM)
wireless HD transmitter by Giraffe..RM5K above something like that ...

Added on January 25, 2010, 12:16 pmfor HD for 2 set of TV, u can get
1) 1 unit HD splitter ( 2port) about RM400 ATEN brand
2) 1 unit HDMI over CAT5E extender about RM700 ATEN brand
3) 2 unit of CAT5E cable (length depend) estimate RM100
Total about RM1200

all available locally
You have 2nd option if you only use for 1 year or 2 biggrin.gif

Subscribe to Astro, I don't know which is true

1) Free installation Fee for Min. package RM 37.95, Min 24 Month's subscription periods.
2) RM50 Installation Fee for Min. package RM54.95, Min 12 Month's subscription periods.
3) RM80 Installation Fee for Min. package RM37.95, Min 12 Month's subscription periods.

or

1) RM30 Installation Fee for Min. package RM54.95, Min 24 Month's subscription periods.
2) RM80 Installation Fee for Min. package RM37.95, Min 24 Month's subscription periods.
3) RM199 Installation Fee for Min. package RM37.95, Min 12 Month's subscription periods.

Subscribe to byond = Free

Monthly = RMxxx+RM20

You can watch different channel at 1 time, if astro still has 50% off monthly bill on 2nd decoder you can save summore hmm.gif
+Quote Post
GMNIMan
post Jan 30 2010, 09:41 PM

QUOTE(viper1912 @ Jan 28 2010, 03:11 PM)
I've encounter problem....for my 2nd TV, which I unable to change channel. I've placed the infra -red thigy at the byond channel area...it still unable to change channel.

Anyone care to tell which is the area on the byond decoder I shd put the INfra Red thingy.
Tape the IR injector about 1" to 1.5" to the right of the LED display on the front. Works perfectly for me using the XTra Link 2.

Added on January 30, 2010, 9:49 pm
QUOTE(CapKapak @ Jan 23 2010, 05:38 AM)

Thanks.
Works perfectly well with the BYond decoder, except you need use an AV to RF converter. I use the Malaysian made AEM unit. It is cheap and the RF output quality is excellent. No image shearing, no distortion and colour is rich and vibrant.

This post has been edited by GMNIMan: Jan 30 2010, 09:49 PM
+Quote Post
ssyam
post Jan 31 2010, 10:03 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(viper1912 @ Jan 28 2010, 03:11 PM)

place your infra red 1 cm right of your channel display
+Quote Post
marky
post Feb 1 2010, 09:52 AM

xoxo

how much is the AEM unit?
+Quote Post
GMNIMan
post Feb 1 2010, 02:28 PM

QUOTE(marky @ Feb 1 2010, 09:52 AM)
how much is the AEM unit?
If you are asking about the AV to RF converter, then it is RM38 here in Kota Kinabalu. Since it is Malaysian made, I bet it is quite a bit cheaper in Semananjung Malaysia.
+Quote Post
jepun1977
post Feb 1 2010, 03:22 PM

bro just to ask i have using the 2nd link to bedroom tv and it work fine. my question is i can change the astro channel using the original astro beyond. any chance it work using old or other replace remote?
+Quote Post
GMNIMan
post Feb 1 2010, 10:39 PM

QUOTE(jepun1977 @ Feb 1 2010, 03:22 PM)
bro just to ask i have using the 2nd link to bedroom tv and it work fine. my question is i can change the astro channel using the original astro beyond. any chance it work using old or other replace remote?
The old remote will not work with the BYpnd decoder.
+Quote Post
eMKs
post Feb 2 2010, 11:37 AM

On my way

QUOTE(GMNIMan @ Feb 1 2010, 02:28 PM)
If you are asking about the AV to RF converter, then it is RM38 here in Kota Kinabalu. Since it is Malaysian made, I bet it is quite a bit cheaper in Semananjung Malaysia.
What brand? I don't know which is good for AV to RF converter.
+Quote Post
marky
post Feb 2 2010, 12:05 PM

xoxo

if use this on astro beyond the other tv will get HD on Hd channels also?
+Quote Post
eMKs
post Feb 2 2010, 12:12 PM

On my way

QUOTE(marky @ Feb 2 2010, 12:05 PM)
No, you'll only get HD (1080i/720p) by using HDMI. composite/component will only output 576i but the latter will give better PQ
+Quote Post
apexg2
post Feb 2 2010, 04:26 PM

Lotus F1 Fans..haha

and as lng as i know, byond oni can use 1 tv..not like b4..
+Quote Post
blaze270284
post Feb 2 2010, 10:42 PM

Hi, I have a question, lets say i keep my old decoder and stuff, can i use the new beyond smartcard and use it in my old decoder?
+Quote Post
eMKs
post Feb 2 2010, 10:49 PM

On my way

QUOTE(blaze270284 @ Feb 2 2010, 10:42 PM)
Hi, I have a question, lets say i keep my old decoder and stuff, can i use the new beyond smartcard and use it in my old decoder?
Most probably cannot, byond smart card tied with specific byond decoder. Even you use another byond decoder also cannot work.
+Quote Post
blaze270284
post Feb 2 2010, 10:52 PM

thanx. One more question, I have a house in my Kampung which I is left empty and only visited during hari raya. What is the cheapest way of installing astro? I don't want to pay every month just to watch it during hari raya..
+Quote Post
eMKs
post Feb 2 2010, 11:49 PM

On my way

QUOTE(blaze270284 @ Feb 2 2010, 10:52 PM)
thanx. One more question, I have a house in my Kampung which I is left empty and only visited during hari raya. What is the cheapest way of installing astro? I don't want to pay every month just to watch it during hari raya..
When u subscribe to byond, keep your old dish & cable, return old decoder.
During balik kampung, bring your byond decoder, smart card & old dish, cable as well. Just install the dish & cable by yourself.
I did it twice successfully.
1. 1st when i subscribe to astro, i live in centralized dish apartment. So, installer just installed splitter & decoder. I insist to get the dish which they refuse to give firstly. Luckily, when i move to new house i need the dish. I install it by myself (yes, only me - drill the wall & so on). I manage to get signal strength 69 (almost same like in my previous apartment which is 68).
2. At my parent house when they move to new house, i get signal strength 71.

The key thing is:
- you need to believe in yourself biggrin.gif
- observe closely on existing angle dish (using normal compass will do, you'll notice it's actually facing West) & don't forget reading on adjustable angle (0-90 degree)
- During your dish adjustment, bring your tv as close as at the dish. So u can notice if u had adjust the angle properly. Old decoder is more user friendly actually during this process (you will hear beep beep sound).

If you still not sure, u still can pay astro installer (RM80-100) to install it for you. Of course u can't get real good signal strength with byond using old dish, but it still work. I don't have any special equipment, just compass only.
But don't forget to bring back your decoder & smart card after balik kampung. else, u won't watch astro at your home nod.gif

btw, this question is out of topic actually. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
GMNIMan
post Feb 6 2010, 12:59 PM

QUOTE(eMKs @ Feb 2 2010, 11:37 AM)
What brand? I don't know which is good for AV to RF converter.
I am using the "AEM AV to RF Converter". Works really well. Picture Quality and colour are very good.

Added on February 6, 2010, 1:01 pm
QUOTE(eMKs @ Feb 2 2010, 10:49 PM)
Most probably cannot, byond smart card tied with specific byond decoder. Even you use another byond decoder also cannot work.
The new Byond Smartcard is "paired" with your decoder, which means you cannot even use it with another Byond decoder, let alone the older Astro decoder.

Added on February 6, 2010, 1:09 pm
QUOTE(marky @ Feb 2 2010, 12:05 PM)
The other TV will also display the HD Channels, but if your TV is not HD than you will only see the programs according to what your TV is capable of. However I find that on the older CRT TV, the picture quality of the HD Channels is still superior to the ones from the SD Channels, and the sound output has a higher fidelity and clearer, definitely better.

Added on February 6, 2010, 1:20 pm
QUOTE(apexg2 @ Feb 2 2010, 04:26 PM)
and as lng as i know, byond oni can use 1 tv..not like b4..
Not true!

I have my Byond connected to one TV upstairs and another downstairs using the AEM AV to RF converter, at the same time I also have it connected to my 24inch PC monitor using the HDMI interface. The picture quality on the PC monitor is just incredible, wow!!

This post has been edited by GMNIMan: Feb 6 2010, 01:20 PM
+Quote Post
zwanvedder
post Feb 6 2010, 01:35 PM

Rock For Choice

QUOTE(GMNIMan @ Feb 6 2010, 12:59 PM)
I am using the "AEM AV to RF Converter". Works really well. Picture Quality and colour are very good.

Added on February 6, 2010, 1:01 pm
The new Byond Smartcard is "paired" with your decoder, which means you cannot even use it with another Byond decoder, let alone the older Astro decoder.

Added on February 6, 2010, 1:09 pm

The other TV will also display the HD Channels, but if your TV is not HD than you will only see the programs according to what your TV is capable of. However I find that on the older CRT TV, the picture quality of the HD Channels is still superior to the ones from the SD Channels, and the sound output has a higher fidelity and clearer, definitely better.

Added on February 6, 2010, 1:20 pm
Not true!

I have my Byond connected to one TV upstairs and another downstairs using the AEM AV to RF converter, at the same time I also have it connected to my 24inch PC monitor using the HDMI interface. The picture quality on the PC monitor is just incredible, wow!!
bro can u explain more about connected ur 24inch PC monitor using hdmi interface... notworthy.gif
+Quote Post
GMNIMan
post Feb 6 2010, 01:45 PM

QUOTE(zwanvedder @ Feb 6 2010, 01:35 PM)
bro can u explain more about connected ur 24inch PC monitor using hdmi interface... notworthy.gif
It is just a straight forward connection if your PC monitor has an HDMI interface (connector). I think most large screen PC monitor now uses the HDMI connection. My monitor is the HP w2408h. Plug one end of the HDMI cable to the Byond decoder and the other to your monitor. If your monitor has built-in speakers, you will even get the sound output through them since HDMI carries both video and audio.
+Quote Post
sthon
post Feb 8 2010, 03:16 PM

Casual

Before installing Astro, I am using a RF connector to connect my TV upstairs and able to use the remote controller as well that comes with the device.

Now I have install the Astro Byond, does it mean I have to get the AM AV-RF convertor to use on the infra remote device together to reach the 2nd TV?

In fact the Installer have tested for me, it works but he ask to buy a booster to get a clearer picture for the 2nd TV upstairs which without that the pictures are noisy.

So he suggest using a booster which is cost me about RM200, so I put a hold on it.

Need some advice here....Thanks
+Quote Post
netken
post Feb 8 2010, 03:32 PM

Getting Started

Not true!

True - i am using the same setup ... cool2.gif
+Quote Post
SyriuS
post Feb 8 2010, 07:41 PM

Getting Started

Hi guys,

Where can I purchase the AEM Xtra link 2? Anyone using this device over long distances ( i'll be using a 40m rg6 cable ) without a booster?
Thanks in advance.
+Quote Post
undentifyxd
post Feb 8 2010, 09:46 PM

Getting Started

cool man
+Quote Post
doey
post Feb 9 2010, 01:34 PM

Guys,

I'm using the China made AV-RF converter. The picture is good except that it is noisy when it comes to bright light scene. There made quite an annoying buzzing sound when it displays the scene. Is there any way to eliminate this noise? Should I use booster or change to a better AV-RF converter?

Thanks.
+Quote Post
azxel
post Feb 10 2010, 06:45 PM

moological mooster
Group Icon
Gamers Hideout

I'm curious... if the decoder is in the living room... how do you switch channels when watching it in the bedroom?

Is there a RF remote for Astro Decoder?
+Quote Post
karyeowl
post Feb 10 2010, 11:11 PM

Getting Started

Another issue with AV-RF convertor, is the sound in MONO or STEREO?

I am currently using the existing old Astro decoder box RF to 2nd and 3rd TV. All sound is in MONO sad.gif

+Quote Post
MyDevil
post Feb 11 2010, 10:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(azxel @ Feb 10 2010, 06:45 PM)
I'm curious... if the decoder is in the living room... how do you switch channels when watching it in the bedroom?

Is there a RF remote for Astro Decoder?
You will need to Extralink equipment.
Yesterday, I saw an wireless AV transmitter about RM320. Can use the composite output from Byond. Don't know how good is the transmission range though.

This post has been edited by MyDevil: Feb 11 2010, 10:29 AM
+Quote Post
azxel
post Feb 11 2010, 10:43 AM

moological mooster
Group Icon
Gamers Hideout

QUOTE(MyDevil @ Feb 11 2010, 10:28 AM)
Yesterday, I saw an wireless AV transmitter about RM320. Can use the composite output from Byond. Don't know how good is the transmission range though.
hmm.. got any photos ka?
How does that work, I wonder...

It seems kinda redundant to link 2 tvs in 2 different rooms with Astro when you probably need to walk out to the other room to change channels... without the need for 2 decoders (with cards)... anyone here solved this issue?
+Quote Post
MyDevil
post Feb 11 2010, 12:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(azxel @ Feb 11 2010, 10:43 AM)
hmm.. got any photos ka?

It seems kinda redundant to link 2 tvs in 2 different rooms with Astro when you probably need to walk out to the other room to change channels... without the need for 2 decoders (with cards)... anyone here solved this issue?
If you are referring to Xtra link, somebody posted the thing at page 1 of this thread. Post # 9.
+Quote Post
mpyw
post Feb 11 2010, 12:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(azxel @ Feb 11 2010, 10:43 AM)
hmm.. got any photos ka?

Just buy a RF Universal remote control
I control the astro box from upstairs using that, no problem
+Quote Post
azxel
post Feb 11 2010, 12:43 PM

moological mooster
Group Icon
Gamers Hideout

QUOTE(mpyw @ Feb 11 2010, 12:13 PM)
Just buy a RF Universal remote control
I control the astro box from upstairs using that, no problem
ooo.. cool.
mana beli?
how much? smile.gif
+Quote Post
mpyw
post Feb 11 2010, 12:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(azxel @ Feb 11 2010, 12:43 PM)
ooo.. cool.
mana beli?
how much? smile.gif
Cheapest available:-

http://www.amazon.com/RFS200-PowerPak-Bund...65863805&sr=8-1
+Quote Post
azxel
post Feb 11 2010, 01:01 PM

moological mooster
Group Icon
Gamers Hideout

QUOTE(mpyw @ Feb 11 2010, 12:51 PM)
wow.. not cheap also eh... the

this looks nice but expensive... sweat.gif

user posted image

user posted image
+Quote Post
Fawkes
post Feb 15 2010, 01:20 AM

Casual

After reading the last few pages, I still don't really get what I should do.
Anyone kind enough to help me and summarize what I should do? icon_question.gif

My situation:

I will have 3 tvs at 3 different floors.

The first floor(living room) will have a 50+" tv(haven't bought it yet, waiting for the 3D series) for general use, most probably for watching Astro only.

The second floor(bedroom) will have a 32" tv, for Astro and watching normal dvd.

The third floor(living room with HT system) will have a projector and very large tv, for watching Blu-Ray HD movies, Astro, etc.

Which floor do I put the decoder at? Which floor will get HD or SD quality? I'm quite new to these cable and converter stuffs as well, can anyone summarize what do I need?

Thank you very much. notworthy.gif
+Quote Post
yeahh
post Feb 16 2010, 04:48 AM

QUOTE(MyDevil @ Feb 11 2010, 10:28 AM)
may i know where u saw this wireless AV transmitteR?
+Quote Post
are_joy
post Feb 16 2010, 10:21 AM

could anyone draw the diagram ... byond decoder split for 2 or 3 tv ... the connector used and else ..
+Quote Post
m_imrun
post Feb 17 2010, 03:24 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Fawkes @ Feb 15 2010, 01:20 AM)
After reading the last few pages, I still don't really get what I should do.
Anyone kind enough to help me and summarize what I should do?  icon_question.gif

My situation:

I will have 3 tvs at 3 different floors.

The first floor(living room) will have a 50+" tv(haven't bought it yet, waiting for the 3D series) for general use, most probably for watching Astro only.

The second floor(bedroom) will have a 32" tv, for Astro and watching normal dvd.

The third floor(living room with HT system) will have a projector and very large tv, for watching Blu-Ray HD movies, Astro, etc.

Which floor do I put the decoder at? Which floor will get HD or SD quality? I'm quite new to these cable and converter stuffs as well, can anyone summarize what do I need?

Thank you very much. notworthy.gif
Depends, the floor that u put the decoder definitely will get HD. I suggest third floor, since u have HT set on that floor. For other floors just use coaxial cable, since to use RCA and HDMI is quite impossible coz the length of the cable needed is very long.
U need AV to RF converter, AV Splitter and Coax Cable.

Added on February 17, 2010, 3:28 am
QUOTE(are_joy @ Feb 16 2010, 10:21 AM)
could anyone draw the diagram ... byond decoder split for 2 or 3 tv ... the connector used and else ..
Depends, what type of cable do u want to use? Coaxial, RCA or HDMI?
Each cable will display different quality of output.
Coaxial: Picture OK, but sometime got noise, depends on the quality of the RF converter and the length of the cable. Sound: Mono
RCA: Picture Better than Coaxial, Sound: Stereo
HDMI: HD ler...

Added on February 17, 2010, 3:31 am
QUOTE(karyeowl @ Feb 10 2010, 11:11 PM)
Another issue with AV-RF convertor, is the sound in MONO or STEREO?

I am currently using the existing old Astro decoder box RF to 2nd and 3rd TV. All sound is in MONO sad.gif
RF always gives MONO output. RF cannot give stereo output, since RF only using single cable. It is no like HDMI cable. HDMI is optical fibre.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My suggestion is, the easiest and the cheapest way is using coax cable. Most of the restaurants, shops eg nasi kandar use coaxial cable for their TVs (not all).
However if u still want to display HD on all of your TVs, it is quite expensive.. u need a HDMI splitter (RM400), HDMI cable (depends on the length, the normal length, which the one that astro gives cost about RM50-RM100. So do ur math..)

This post has been edited by m_imrun: Feb 17 2010, 04:00 AM
+Quote Post
esca_flo
post Feb 18 2010, 03:26 PM

just learned how to do custom title today.....

i took this posting by someone else from other thread , seems to be more relevent if put here.

QUOTE(noblelife @ Jan 23 2010, 12:49 PM)
For wired/ RF cable transmission to 2nd/3rd TV of the Astro Byond, basically there are 3 choices in the market:
1) The Engel brand - DigiSender2 (Multiroom AudioVisual Transmitter or high pic & sound quality AV-RF Converter from Barcelona, Spain) and this is also the one that I'm using now. It cost less than RM200 (you can bargain though for lower price), I bought from the electronic shop in Jalan Pasar - I.C. Electronics Sdn Bhd, 82, Jalan Pasar, Pudu, KL. T: 92213725 / 92218175.

2) They also sell the Taiwan made "Universal...." at less than RM70, which previously my Astro Byond Installer want to sell to me at "RM200" - that means the Installer purposely want to make quick & easy money of RM130++ by just selling this simple gadget to customers who don't know about the market price of this things. Be Aware - to those who plan to install the new Astro Byond, just a small & sincere advise only.

3) They also sell the cheaper very low signal strength DAWA av-rf converter (about RM30 or less only) which CAN NOT support for longer distance, b'cos i had tried it before with my up-stair TV (i bought from ACE before RM32.90 & return already), the sound output signal too bad just can not support at all.

Have a nice day. May everyone have a peaceful mind, positive thinking & radiate the positive energy everyday, every time from your inner self.

This post has been edited by esca_flo: Feb 18 2010, 03:27 PM
+Quote Post
azxel
post Feb 19 2010, 10:25 AM

moological mooster
Group Icon
Gamers Hideout

how about using electric point LAN connection to transmit / transfer AV signals to another location? Anyone tried that before?
+Quote Post
xsi
post Feb 19 2010, 02:38 PM

Getting Started

browsed in moresales.com.my
1. hdmi extender cat5e5/6 - hdmi - ~130 per set - http://moresales.com.my/catalog/entry/upirvcjd.shtml
2. hdmi splitter 1 to 4 ~ 200 (another model ~400) - http://moresales.com.my/catalog/entry/vdedyqvy.shtml
3. cat6 cable - RM3/m
4. AEM remote control thingy...RM???
can split up to 4 hdtv, just add ~150 for the extender/cables per tv...can go up to 30m w/CAT6 for 1080p...easier to lay compare to hdmi, and require power at end/start point only..

anybody care to try? i will only when i got my 2nd lcd....

+Quote Post
m_imrun
post Feb 20 2010, 09:19 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(xsi @ Feb 19 2010, 02:38 PM)
browsed in moresales.com.my
1. hdmi extender cat5e5/6 - hdmi - ~130 per set - http://moresales.com.my/catalog/entry/upirvcjd.shtml
2. hdmi splitter 1 to 4 ~ 200 (another model ~400) - http://moresales.com.my/catalog/entry/vdedyqvy.shtml
3. cat6 cable - RM3/m
4. AEM remote control thingy...RM???
can split up to 4 hdtv, just add ~150 for the extender/cables per tv...can go up to 30m w/CAT6 for 1080p...easier to lay compare to hdmi, and require power at end/start point only..

anybody care to try? i will only when i got my 2nd lcd....
It uses cat5e.. this is the highest and fastest rated cable..based on my knowledge on communication, cat6 is not rated yet, right?
but still doubt about the cable..since cat5/6/7 is not optical fibre cable..but the cable has high data rate transmission thought..

This post has been edited by m_imrun: Feb 20 2010, 09:26 AM
+Quote Post
karheng
post Feb 20 2010, 06:46 PM

On my way

just for sharing.

I noticed that AEM unit need cable to connect to 2nd TV.
Saw it selling at RM69 at ACE hardware. So i decided to go for wireless.

i just bought wireless AV sender at RM175, won from lelong bidding.

My Astro byond now connect to 1st LCD TV using HDMI.
red/white/yellow from astro byond connect to wireless transmitter.

2nd LCD TV connect to wireless receiver. Ready to watch. icon_rolleyes.gif

The only thing i still not able how to change channel at 2nd TV because the IR at both side not working. sad.gif

also found that the wireless receiver cannot put near to WIFI modem, it will make noice to the TV.

I don't mind the 2nd TV watch in normal video input, even not the HD.

this item can go for 100 meters.

This post has been edited by karheng: Feb 20 2010, 06:52 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
gahkin
post Feb 23 2010, 07:41 PM

Casual

anyone know where to get the extra b.yond remote control ?
+Quote Post
DeZeque
post Feb 24 2010, 08:04 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(karheng @ Feb 20 2010, 06:46 PM)
just for sharing.

2nd LCD TV connect to wireless receiver. Ready to watch.  icon_rolleyes.gif

The only thing i still not able how to change channel at 2nd TV because the IR at both side not working. sad.gif

also found that the wireless receiver cannot put near to WIFI modem, it will make noice to the TV.

i heard that these wireless av trasmitter is using 2.4ghz.. same as wifi... hence... ur wifi may get some kind of "cross signal" and may not be able to transmit data to/from ur laptop at full speed/capacity... dunno true or not..
+Quote Post
yeahh
post Feb 24 2010, 02:02 PM

how near is near? .. if 2-3 meters apart u think its alrite?
+Quote Post
izz70
post Feb 25 2010, 10:00 AM

QUOTE(yeahh @ Feb 24 2010, 02:02 PM)
how near is near? .. if 2-3 meters apart u think its alrite?
Try changing the Wi-Fi channel. For internet wi-fi it should be using channel 6 or 11. Look at the manufacturer manual (if any). If you cannot change the one on the aem link, change the one on your wi-fi router. I read somewhere what channels are for specific use to avoid interferences.

Btw, I also using AEM (wired) with my current astro. will get b.yond sometime next week, but wonder if the current remote will work with AEM considering the main tv will be using b.yond remote. Anyone done this yet can share? Or do I have to get another b.yond remote (which is useless considering the second tv will not be using HDMI - no HD).

Added on February 26, 2010, 4:17 pm
Hi mlthum,

Anyone can comment?
I am having this same problem. I just bought a AEM 8002 (AV to RF Converter) which uses PAL / BG at Channel 3>
The AV-RF is not faulty cos I've tested it with a DVD Player and works fine. Only when I connect it to Astro B.yond decoder then this happens. My connection is

B.YOND --> RCA Out AV (Red,White Yellow) -----> AEM8002 ------> RF Out ----->TV.
I don' think its the cable or anything cos it works fine with the DVD.
Auto tuning the TV also did not solve the problem.

My signal is ok at 255 so it should not be a prob.

Can some one help me out?

This post has been edited by izz70: Feb 26 2010, 04:17 PM
+Quote Post
natzakaria
post Feb 27 2010, 11:37 AM

Regular

Karheng

Where did you get that wireless transmitter from?
How much?
+Quote Post
karheng
post Feb 27 2010, 12:08 PM

On my way

QUOTE(natzakaria @ Feb 27 2010, 11:37 AM)
Karheng

Where did you get that wireless transmitter from?
How much?
from lelong
you may wait for this seller to post up for bidding, can get cheaper.
http://www.lelong.com.my/Auc/List/2007-01D...Transmitter.htm
+Quote Post
izz70
post Feb 27 2010, 03:33 PM

QUOTE(karheng @ Feb 27 2010, 12:08 PM)
from lelong
you may wait for this seller to post up for bidding, can get cheaper.
http://www.lelong.com.my/Auc/List/2007-01D...Transmitter.htm
I saw this ad. very funny if you look at the specs

Transmit audio and video signal

* 433MHz IR extender to remote control AV products ( Sometime O.K. can use remote, some time K.O )

Sometime KO. LOL!
+Quote Post
DarkNite
post Mar 1 2010, 11:32 PM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ

Anyone able to change channel from the other TV?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
izz70
post Mar 4 2010, 08:57 AM

My AEM AV to RF converter doesn't work with my b.yond but works well with my dvd player so I can't return it to the shop and say that its faulty.

This thing doesn't seem to work with me cos I don't get clear picture at all and very noisy audio. The AEM AV to RF is on Channel 3 right? Btw, do I need to attached a booster to the AEM thing to get clearer signal?

This post has been edited by izz70: Mar 4 2010, 08:58 AM
+Quote Post
dayzcrawler
post Mar 4 2010, 04:33 PM

hi guyz.. anyone willing to share pictures how u setup the things.. really appreciate it.. many thanks..
+Quote Post
dasonyeoh
post Mar 6 2010, 08:05 PM

Getting Started

Hi there.

I got a LCD TV at Living room and another 3 old TV upstairs. Is there any wireless av transmitter that come along with 3 receiver or i have to buy separately??
+Quote Post
limshihao
post Mar 10 2010, 12:34 PM

I have a WIRELESS FULL HD TRANSMITTER running at 5GHZ , so it wont interfere with all the normal IT appliances. I use to broadcast FULL HD quality from my living hall to my bedroom upstairs, and it work just great. HD quality. It has HDMI input at the sender and receiver. COOL!

+Quote Post
DeZeque
post Mar 10 2010, 12:53 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(limshihao @ Mar 10 2010, 12:34 PM)
I have a WIRELESS FULL HD TRANSMITTER running at 5GHZ , so it wont interfere with all the normal IT appliances. I use to broadcast FULL HD quality from my living hall to my bedroom upstairs, and it work just great. HD quality. It has HDMI input at the sender and receiver. COOL!
kewl... how much is it? brand? model? i suppose it also acts as remote extender? pls share more...

thanks...
+Quote Post
limshihao
post Mar 10 2010, 12:58 PM

QUOTE(DeZeque @ Mar 10 2010, 12:53 PM)
kewl... how much is it? brand? model? i suppose it also acts as remote extender? pls share more...

thanks...
Is not in the market yet, i have the priviledge to do the testing for my company. What i can say, is it going to be launch sometime this year, around april time frame, i can take some photo to show you, but i am not allow to mention the brand yet. Quite expensive if you compare it with normal analog AV transmitter. It can transmit more than one device means you can have your byond box, blue ray dvd player connect to it (2x HDMI), then it has also one RCA input. so all together 3 devices, n yes...it comes with 3 IR flasher at sender end. So you can control all 3 devices.

+Quote Post
eMKs
post Mar 10 2010, 01:07 PM

On my way

QUOTE(limshihao @ Mar 10 2010, 12:58 PM)
Is not in the market yet, i have the priviledge to do the testing for my company. What i can say, is it going to be launch sometime this year, around april time frame, i can take some photo to show you, but i am not allow to mention the brand yet. Quite expensive if you compare it with normal analog AV transmitter. It can transmit more than one device means you can have your byond box, blue ray dvd player connect to it (2x HDMI), then it has also one RCA input. so all together 3 devices, n yes...it comes with 3 IR flasher at sender end. So you can control all 3 devices.

Wow, that's great. How about the price? Is it available locally?
HDCP support?

This post has been edited by eMKs: Mar 10 2010, 01:12 PM
+Quote Post
Fawkes
post Mar 10 2010, 05:06 PM

Casual

Woah, how about the transmitting distance?
+Quote Post
helob
post Mar 10 2010, 09:36 PM

Getting Started

Share with us photos of the equipment as well as PQ at the receiving end.
TQ

+Quote Post
DeZeque
post Mar 11 2010, 10:26 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(eMKs @ Mar 10 2010, 01:07 PM)
Wow, that's great. How about the price? Is it available locally?
HDCP support?
should be... as he/she said "you can have your byond box, blue ray dvd player connect to it" ... if not HDCP compliant i believe byond won't work...

limshihao,
how expensive is "quite expensive compared to normal analog AV"? i know the normal analog wireless one would cost from RM200++... any hint or ballpark figures perhaps? actually i'm in the process of buying a house... would be renovating the house in april/ may... already thinking of laying CAT6.. get the HDMI to CAT6 converter... i've a rough idea on the cost... so if this solution could be around the same cost.. i'd definitely use this wireless thingie as it would be easily moved anywhere... but if too much different... wired may still be preferred options as to in would guarantee stability (i suppose?)...

some pictures would be nice too... i know u can't mention the brand name... but if i guess correctly.. can u nod? eheheheh... is the name sounds like a tall animal with long neck? ehehehe....
+Quote Post
eMKs
post Mar 11 2010, 10:48 AM

On my way

If that brand is correct, it would be available locally. Read sometimes ago in newspaper, went through their website but nothing much info.
+Quote Post
ah_chak
post Mar 11 2010, 11:05 AM

Vroom..

i just wire a Cat5E cable from the byond box to my room tv upstairs and use 3 out of 4 pair (Yellow/Red/White) as composite.. works perfectly..
+Quote Post
limshihao
post Mar 11 2010, 11:47 AM

[quote=Fawkes,Mar 10 2010, 05:06 PM]
Woah, how about the transmitting distance?

transmitting distance is 40m, however is depending on walls and other obstacles. As you might have known, the higher frequency, the lesser the transmitting signal can penetrate walls and other obstacle. I tested with Bluray, PS3, Astro (normal box), Astro (byond Box)...it works just fine, and the beautiful part is no interference from your other IT/Electronic gadgets like cordless phone, WIFI router ++.

I will post some photo early next week.

Added on March 11, 2010, 11:54 am[quote=DeZeque,Mar 11 2010, 10:26 AM]
should be... as he/she said "you can have your byond box, blue ray dvd player connect to it" ... if not HDCP compliant i believe byond won't work...

limshihao,
how expensive is "quite expensive compared to normal analog AV"? i know the normal analog wireless one would cost from RM200++... any hint or ballpark figures perhaps? actually i'm in the process of buying a house... would be renovating the house in april/ may... already thinking of laying CAT6.. get the HDMI to CAT6 converter... i've a rough idea on the cost... so if this solution could be around the same cost.. i'd definitely use this wireless thingie as it would be easily moved anywhere... but if too much different... wired may still be preferred options as to in would guarantee stability (i suppose?)...

some pictures would be nice too... i know u can't mention the brand name... but if i guess correctly.. can u nod? eheheheh... is the name sounds like a tall animal with long neck? ehehehe....

[/quote]

Market price is still not decided for local market yet, however i heard europe is selling for around USD 350++.

mmm...i don't think the name sound like that animal, smile.gif

This post has been edited by limshihao: Mar 11 2010, 11:54 AM
+Quote Post
DeZeque
post Mar 11 2010, 06:34 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ah_chak @ Mar 11 2010, 11:05 AM)
i just wire a Cat5E cable from the byond box to my room tv upstairs and use 3 out of 4 pair (Yellow/Red/White) as composite.. works perfectly..
u connect directly without Balun? i thought the impedance between the RCA and Cat5E are different? anyway... since got real working case.. great... thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
coolandy
post Mar 16 2010, 04:00 PM

Getting Started

Where can I buy an additional Beyond Remote Control? Only from Astro?
+Quote Post
flodder
post Mar 16 2010, 09:48 PM

6 batang ab numb addicted with 6 bintang

i think you should take converter better
+Quote Post
ah_chak
post Mar 16 2010, 10:19 PM

Vroom..

QUOTE(DeZeque @ Mar 11 2010, 06:34 PM)
u connect directly without Balun? i thought the impedance between the RCA and Cat5E are different? anyway... since got real working case.. great...  thumbup.gif
they're made out of the same material inside not meh? copper mah.. since mine works far better than the RCA -> Coax converter.. it's like the decoder is in my bedroom connected directly using RCA.. LOL!
+Quote Post
eMKs
post Mar 17 2010, 09:55 AM

On my way

QUOTE(ah_chak @ Mar 16 2010, 10:19 PM)
they're made out of the same material inside not meh? copper mah.. since mine works far better than the RCA -> Coax converter.. it's like the decoder is in my bedroom connected directly using RCA.. LOL!

Yeah, it's still copper but different impedance. Cat5 is twisted pair cable, impedance is about 120 ohm. Coax is 75 ohm, with 1 core in the middle & the other as a skin. Wonder why you get perfect signal.
+Quote Post
DeZeque
post Mar 17 2010, 02:44 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(eMKs @ Mar 17 2010, 09:55 AM)
Yeah, it's still copper but different impedance. Cat5 is twisted pair cable, impedance is about 120 ohm. Coax is 75 ohm, with 1 core in the middle & the other as a skin. Wonder why you get perfect signal.
Exactly my point... but hey... if it's working.. i won't complaint... eheheh... i've never done it myself.. but if it works.. i'll do it also... of course... i'll try on small scale first... thumbup.gif

this really makes me wonder if all the theories i read all this while are 100% true or not... not just on this thing.. but others as well... ehehehe...
+Quote Post
doey
post Mar 17 2010, 05:15 PM

QUOTE(ah_chak @ Mar 11 2010, 11:05 AM)

Hi ah chak.... care to explain how you connect? any diagram/photo perhaps?

Thanks.
+Quote Post
prasys
post Mar 17 2010, 05:25 PM

<3 Ash
Group Icon
Group: Staff

This is how my setup is

TV to Astro --> HDMI

TV to Media Center PC --> Yellow/Red/White Cable (good ol RCA Cables)

I can still do two outputs , its not a problem at all. I can record shows this way on my Media centre pc which is connected to my HDTV via HDMI ! .
+Quote Post
Fawkes
post Mar 19 2010, 03:34 PM

Casual

Anyone tried this to see if it works with Astro B.Yond?

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1347595

How's the quality as well?
+Quote Post
driftmeister
post Mar 27 2010, 10:08 AM

Penggadai Rakyat®

regarding this AEM Link
wat cable does it need???
+Quote Post
natzakaria
post Mar 28 2010, 09:51 AM

Regular

I believe it uses the RF cable
+Quote Post
driftmeister
post Mar 28 2010, 10:07 AM

Penggadai Rakyat®

QUOTE(natzakaria @ Mar 28 2010, 09:51 AM)
I believe it uses the RF cable
thanks
any other feedback??
need to ask my contractor to conseal the wiring already notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
+Quote Post
Seng_Kiat
post Apr 19 2010, 10:40 PM

www.silverstreet.my

Guys,

I am a lil bit blur after reading the whole post of this thread. I am not so sure about it. sad.gif.

I am not sure what is RCA, RF, coax cable. tongue.gif. If I am right, RCA is a type of signal, carried by composite cable (the one with 3 color cable - yellow, red and white/black). RF is the old signal type where we use it back in antenna era last time. Coax cable is the hardware who carries RF signal. Is all right. smile.gif.

Ok if all are right, Let me explain about my current setup with old astro decoder:
- 2 TV - one in living room and another in bedroom. They are just 10-20 meters away.
- TV in Living room is using 3 cable - yellow, red, black.
- TV in bedroom is using old time antenna cable - I assume is it coax cable (if my above explanation is right).
- Normally change channel at living room. Not a real problem because it just sit right in front my bedroom door.

So, here comes the questions. biggrin.gif.

I want to use astro byond with 2 TVs.I dont mind 1 with HD and another is SD. so, what I can think of now is:

- HDMI connects my TV and astro decoder. Right?
- to make my bedroom TV works, I have to get a AV-RF converter - to convert 3 color cable (or known as RCA signal) to RF signal. Then I am set to go.

am I right guys?? if that is right, I want to add a value to my TV in bedroom - where I can change channel without going to living room. biggrin.gif. what do I need? I read in previous post, u guys are talking about infra red, bla bla but I have no idea. anyone here care to explain?

I am really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance. smile.gif.

+Quote Post
Fawkes
post Apr 19 2010, 10:50 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Seng_Kiat @ Apr 19 2010, 10:40 PM)
Guys,

I am a lil bit blur after reading the whole post of this thread. I am not so sure about it. sad.gif.

I am not sure what is RCA, RF, coax cable. tongue.gif. If I am right, RCA is a type of signal, carried by composite cable (the one with 3 color cable - yellow, red and white/black). RF is the old signal type where we use it back in antenna era last time. Coax cable is the hardware who carries RF signal. Is all right. smile.gif.

Ok if all are right, Let me explain about my current setup with old astro decoder:
- 2 TV - one in living room and another in bedroom. They are just 10-20 meters away.
- TV in Living room is using 3 cable - yellow, red, black.
- TV in bedroom is using old time antenna cable - I assume is it coax cable (if my above explanation is right).
- Normally change channel at living room. Not a real problem because it just sit right  in front my bedroom door.

So, here comes the questions. biggrin.gif.

I want to use astro byond with 2 TVs.I dont mind 1 with HD and another is SD. so, what I can think of now is:

- HDMI connects my TV and astro decoder. Right?
- to make my bedroom TV works, I have to get a AV-RF converter - to convert 3 color cable (or known as RCA signal) to RF signal. Then I am set to go.

am I right guys?? if that is right, I want to add a value to my TV in bedroom - where I can change channel without going to living room. biggrin.gif. what do I need? I read in previous post, u guys are talking about infra red, bla bla but I have no idea. anyone here care to explain?

I am really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance. smile.gif.
I think you can try this http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1347595
+Quote Post
izz70
post Apr 22 2010, 08:00 PM

I have finally bought a new converter that works but I can't get the AEM X-Tra Link to work cos I dunno where to point the small thing on the decoder.
Can someone help me please?
+Quote Post
viper1912
post Apr 26 2010, 02:33 PM

Picture worth thousand words!!!!!!!!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
MyDevil
post Apr 26 2010, 02:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(viper1912 @ Apr 26 2010, 02:33 PM)
Picture worth thousand words!!!!!!!!
thumbup.gif How much is the AV-RF convertor?

This post has been edited by MyDevil: Apr 26 2010, 02:59 PM
+Quote Post
viper1912
post Apr 27 2010, 12:31 PM

QUOTE(MyDevil @ Apr 26 2010, 02:58 PM)
thumbup.gif  How much is the AV-RF convertor?
Is posted at the begining of this post. pls go n read.

Available at ACE hardware as well.....different brand from mine Daiwa
+Quote Post
ayoi9
post May 2 2010, 05:42 PM

QUOTE(viper1912 @ Apr 27 2010, 12:31 PM)
Is posted at the begining of this post. pls go n read.

Available at ACE hardware as well.....different brand from mine Daiwa
smile.gif Hi guys, I'm new to this thread. I'm waiting for my byond to come, n my current setup is

> old decoder upstairs, parent's bedroom (flat screen tv)
> Long Coax cable to living room downstairs (bigger flat screen tv)
and my AEM link receiver (rosak already, need new one)
when the byond arrive, I'm thinking to bring the decoder downstairs, and AEM link in my parents room so I can get HD in the living room.

after reading all the posts, what I should get is
(correct me if there's any mistake)

I need to buy a (AV to RF converter), connect from byond box to coax cable
a new AEM link receiver in the parents room upstairs, to change the channel
right?

to summarize thread, can anyone suggest what is the best
-(AV to RF converter) that i can get?

the best link receiver that works with byond?
and do I need a 2nd beyond controler for the link receiver?

kindly appreciate for replies
smile.gif

+Quote Post
jasdeep2jaz
post May 15 2010, 09:36 PM

ive been through his thread, but im still blur, my house is still undergoing renovations, i will like to know how exactly cn i run asto beyond to all 4 tvs in my hse with hd quality, so far the shop people say only can use one tv hd, rest all sd, can someone please help me with this, with how exactly i need to run the wiring and what i need to buy, in order 4 all the 4 tvs to receieve hd. thank you
+Quote Post
attap
post May 17 2010, 10:06 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(jasdeep2jaz @ May 15 2010, 09:36 PM)
ive been through his thread, but im still blur, my house is still undergoing renovations, i will like to know how exactly cn i run asto beyond to all 4 tvs in my hse with hd quality, so far the shop people say only can use one tv hd, rest all sd, can someone please help me with this, with how exactly i need to run the wiring and what i need to buy, in order 4 all the 4 tvs to receieve hd. thank you
Get a HDMI splitter 1 in 4 out and wiring HDMI cable to all the tvs would solve your problem. Cost wise it would cost quite a bit.
+Quote Post
mwirs77
post May 17 2010, 11:30 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(GMNIMan @ Feb 1 2010, 02:28 PM)
Hi bro.. can u tell me where to buy this thing in KK.. & which shop u prefer that offer best electronic goods.. tks in adv.. thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
Jimsee
post Jun 2 2010, 05:27 PM

Getting Started

is there any wireless HDMI product available yet.

i want to link up my current living room Astro beyond HD channel to my own bedroom TV (upstairs),

+Quote Post
rayfoo
post Jun 4 2010, 08:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!

giraffe brand got , few thousand ringgit
QUOTE(Jimsee @ Jun 2 2010, 05:27 PM)
is there any wireless HDMI product available yet.

i want to link up my current living room Astro beyond HD channel to my own bedroom TV (upstairs),
+Quote Post
piras_tarabas
post Jun 5 2010, 11:42 PM

Do u know where can i but new remote control for astro byond?
+Quote Post
Civic88
post Jun 7 2010, 07:33 PM

Guys, I have learnt much from you all in this thread.
And the knowledge shared has enabled me to work on splitting my Byond to 2 tv's.
However, I am encountering problems, hope can get help here...

Problem: Just got a AV RF Converter (Yagitenna YT5050).
Connect RCA from Byond to Converter, then connect Coax from RF out port at converter to TV in bedroom.

Result: No audio and picture with small amount of noise.

Have tried direct RCA to bedroom TV (by moving the entire LCD down sweat.gif ), and that works - so should not be an issue with Byond box.
Have changed RCA cables, same results - so should not be the RCA cable issue.

Could it be the converter? I just bought it today and will be trying to do an exchange tomorrow.

Another question:
Saw an Astro Splitter at the hardware shop. Can this work with Byond?
Meaning the main cable from dish go to this Astro splitter, and split it to my Byond decoder and the other one go to my bedroom tv... will this method work?

Thanks a million.
+Quote Post
podrunner
post Jun 8 2010, 08:26 PM

Regular

Hello all,

Please bear with me (I hear a collective groan! smile.gif), but I sincerely honestly need advice.

Current Astro set-up:

One decoder with 2 tvs, one in living room, the other in bedroom. Wiring all concealed in roofs and between floors (I think!) and I use IR transmitter to change channels in bedroom. Additional decoder for supplementary package in in-laws room.

Question: I would like to run byond the same way. In-laws will stay put on SD. Will the cables run in similar fashion?

A million thanks in advance, and if this has been asked a gazillion times, a million apologies as well...smile.gif)
+Quote Post
eMKs
post Jun 9 2010, 09:01 AM

On my way

QUOTE(Civic88 @ Jun 7 2010, 07:33 PM)
Connect RCA from Byond to Converter, then connect Coax from RF out port at converter to TV in bedroom.
Have tried direct RCA to bedroom TV (by moving the entire LCD down  sweat.gif ), and that works - so should not be an issue with Byond box.
Could it be the converter? I just bought it today and will be trying to do an exchange tomorrow.

Did you connect audio cable (red/white RCA) to your AV to RF Converter?
Noise might be caused by long cable or interference with other device.

Another question:
Meaning the main cable from dish go to this Astro splitter, and split it to my Byond decoder and the other one go to my bedroom tv... will this method work?

This splitter works if you have 2 decoder but need to use 1 dish only, but it won't work with byond.

Added on June 9, 2010, 9:28 am
QUOTE(podrunner @ Jun 8 2010, 08:26 PM)
Current Astro set-up:
One decoder with 2 tvs, one in living room, the other in bedroom. Wiring all concealed in roofs and between floors (I think!) and I use IR transmitter to change channels in bedroom. Additional decoder for supplementary package in in-laws room.

Question: I would like to run byond the same way. In-laws will stay put on SD. Will the cables run in similar fashion?
A million thanks in advance, and if this has been asked a gazillion times, a million apologies as well...smile.gif)

If I understand correctly, your situation is like this.
1 dish, split into 2 decoder - 1 for you, another 1 for your in-laws.
Your decoder split into 2 TVs (using built-in RF converter or external converter?)

For splitting display, you can use current set up but need additional AV to RF converter with IR transmitter (but I think you have it now because you can use IR transmitter function).

The other thing since you have 2 decoder in your house, you need to run another cable from dish to byond decoder. You need to tell Astro about this when you subscribing to byond, they will install LNB with 2 output.

This post has been edited by eMKs: Jun 9 2010, 09:28 AM
+Quote Post
podrunner
post Jun 9 2010, 11:44 AM

Regular

Added on June 9, 2010, 9:28 am
If I understand correctly, your situation is like this.
1 dish, split into 2 decoder - 1 for you, another 1 for your in-laws.
Your decoder split into 2 TVs (using built-in RF converter or external converter?)

For splitting display, you can use current set up but need additional AV to RF converter with IR transmitter (but I think you have it now because you can use IR transmitter function).

The other thing since you have 2 decoder in your house, you need to run another cable from dish to byond decoder. You need to tell Astro about this when you subscribing to byond, they will install LNB with 2 output.

[/quote]

Thank you for your response! Will let contractor know accordingly.
+Quote Post
rayfoo
post Jun 9 2010, 11:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!

have you select channel 21 above? then u tune manually till get astro picture...is your model in the picture here?
Guys, I have learnt much from you all in this thread.
And the knowledge shared has enabled me to work on splitting my Byond to 2 tv's.
However, I am encountering problems, hope can get help here...

Have tried direct RCA to bedroom TV (by moving the entire LCD down  sweat.gif ), and that works - so should not be an issue with Byond box.

Another question:

Thanks a million.
This post has been edited by rayfoo: Jun 9 2010, 11:55 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
zlash
post Jun 11 2010, 09:40 PM

user posted image
guys i just bought this item above, but i couldn't find any solution how to connect it to my astro byond..previous post said that 3 cable (RCA) from byond to this receiver but this item doesnt have 3 slot for RCA cable, how does it works..?? hope to hear from the experts~ gracias! icon_rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
aariz
post Jun 20 2010, 06:51 PM

Guys.. Got 1 prob.. I just bought wireless transmitter connecting 2 tv using byond.. Seems I can't change the channel from the receiver end.. I've tried different position of the IR from the decoder but still cannot..

Pls advise

Added on June 20, 2010, 6:59 pmHah.. I know what's the problem.. Seems that my mastro remote can't change the channel.. But it works on my byond remote..

Is the mastro remote faulty or the remote can't be used for byond?

Where can I get byond remote?

Tq

This post has been edited by aariz: Jun 20 2010, 06:59 PM
+Quote Post
ellislo
post Jul 4 2010, 09:53 AM

Hi

need some advise/comment from you guys on the following:

Equipment Used:
1. Astro Beyond
2. AEM8002 AV to RF Convertor

Setup:
I. Sony DVD Player OUTPUT to Convertor using {Audio LR (Red&White) + Video (Yellow)}, Convertor OUTPUT to TV using {Coaxial} ==> Video & Sound OK
II. Astro Beyond OUTPUT to Convertor using {Audio LR (Red&White) + Video (Yellow)}, Convertor OUTPUT to TV using {Coaxial} ==> Video - colour washout & Sound - noisy
III. Astro Beyond OUTPUT to TV using {Audio LR (Red&White) + Video (Yellow)} ==> Video & Sound - OK
IV. Astro Beyond OUTPUT to TV(1) using {Audio LR (Red&White) + Video (Yellow)}/{HDMI}, TV1 OUTPUT to Convertor using {Audio LR (Red&White) + Video (Yellow)}, Convertor OUTPUT to TV2 using {Coaxial} ==> Video - No picture & Sound - OK
V. DVD Player OUTPUT to TV(1) using {Audio LR (Red&White) + Video (Yellow)}/{HDMI}, TV1 OUTPUT to Convertor using {Audio LR (Red&White) + Video (Yellow)}, Convertor OUTPUT to TV2 using {Coaxial} ==> Video & Sound - OK

from the above, i can conclude that:
1. From SETUP I, convertor is working
2. From SETUP III, Astro Decoder {Audio LR (Red&White) + Video (Yellow)} output is working

So is it possible that the convertor not compatible with the Astro Beyond signal?? Any idea??

TQ

This post has been edited by ellislo: Jul 4 2010, 10:42 AM
+Quote Post
meanmeanermeanest
post Jul 5 2010, 09:24 AM

QUOTE(accitzone @ Jan 4 2010, 02:35 PM)
my bros n me uses this too.. i use the wired 1, my elder bro uses the wireless 1.
bought it at my local electric shop...

we can change the astro channels via this  thing. my oni grouse is tht i hv the wired, but the wirelss is lousy a bit.

mine controls the astro via a small thing put at the IR receiver on the astro decoded. 1 decoder in the hall tv and the other in the family living tv.
Hi,

why i cannot remote the channel from my 2nd TV using the wired 1?

Please share. TQ.
+Quote Post
Hudd
post Jul 12 2010, 06:33 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(meanmeanermeanest @ Jul 5 2010, 09:24 AM)
Hi,

why i cannot remote the channel from my 2nd TV using the wired 1?

Please share. TQ.
You might need to adjust the infrared sensor to the correct spot. It just a bit right after the channel display on the decoder..

Added on July 13, 2010, 10:17 am
QUOTE(doey @ Feb 9 2010, 01:34 PM)
Guys,

I'm using the China made AV-RF converter. The picture is good except that it is noisy when it comes to bright light scene. There made quite an annoying buzzing sound when it displays the scene. Is there any way to eliminate this noise? Should I use booster or change to a better AV-RF converter?

Thanks.
I am having the same problem..anyone got any idea? or should I buy new converter..

This post has been edited by Hudd: Jul 13 2010, 10:17 AM
+Quote Post
miqie
post Jul 21 2010, 05:07 PM

QUOTE(Hudd @ Jul 12 2010, 06:33 PM)
You might need to adjust the infrared sensor to the correct spot. It just a bit right after the channel display on the decoder..

Added on July 13, 2010, 10:17 am
I am having the same problem..anyone got any idea? or should I buy new converter..
Me too. I am going for this option -> http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...&#entry35100623
+Quote Post
sulimc
post Aug 13 2010, 11:15 AM

QUOTE(miqie @ Jul 21 2010, 05:07 PM)
Hi miqie,

Could you share with us your experience with the hdmi extender that you provided the link? Is it working well? Picture and sound is clear, no distortion / interference? Can control astro from IR extender? How much it costs?

Many thanks.

Cheers!
+Quote Post
kimyee73
post Aug 13 2010, 11:18 PM

Casual

I bought a rm12 Newpro NP2020 AV to RF converter and it works great. The PQ is quite good on 16" CRT TV in my bedroom. I've also installed AEM Xtra link 2 and able to remote control from bedroom as well. Got mine for rm45.
+Quote Post
jooku1
post Sep 9 2010, 09:03 AM

On my way

How about running a long RCA (red, yellow, white) cable from living room byond box to the bedroom tv upstairs? Not sure maybe 10m. PQ should still be ok right? Better than RF?

I've actually tried using an AV-RF converter (because I have existing RF wiring for my old Astro setup), but the signal was totally unwatchable. Ended up returning the damn unit!

So that's why considering connecting the RCA output directly to the bedroom via a long cable.

Anyone tried this before? Thanks
+Quote Post
tanhks
post Sep 10 2010, 02:49 AM

On my way

QUOTE(attap @ May 17 2010, 10:06 AM)
Get a HDMI splitter 1 in 4 out and wiring HDMI cable to all the tvs would solve your problem. Cost wise it would cost quite a bit.
Agree ! for HD video, wiring HDMI is the best solution if you want to keep the High Definition video.
Astro byond is broadcast in High Definition (1920 x 1080 screen resolution).
If you use a AV-RF convertor, am wondering whether that AV-RF convertor able to handle the 1920 x 1080 screen resolution.
Even if the AV-RF convertor able to handle the 1920 x 1080 screen resolution, your TV also need a HD receiver/tuner.

+Quote Post
Jsimon
post Oct 1 2010, 07:55 PM

I've just installed Byond.
From Byond to Plasma Tv - Hdmi Cable.
RCA Cables from byond-- connect to Universal (taiwan) AV Rf convertor.
Convertor to coaxil Cable to 2tv.
2nd tv picture very clear, sound excellent but when I switch to HD channels, HBO HD, etc, 2nd tv upstairs has no sound.
I can only get sound with the normal channels.
Any suggestions to get sound on 2nd tv while watching hd channels?

This post has been edited by Jsimon: Oct 1 2010, 07:58 PM
+Quote Post
lati0s
post Oct 27 2010, 11:44 AM

Any suggestions on how to record astro byond HD content without using the PVR

Basically the flow is :

Byond decoder > Splitter

1. one for HDTV
2. one for pc card that have HDMI input for recording purpose.

is this possible ?
+Quote Post
pongkes
post Nov 19 2010, 12:01 PM

hello,

i am using the AEM xtra link 2 to switch astro channel. the decorder located on the 1st floor and another tv is at the groudn floor.

i found out that last time when using normal astro(not beyond), i can change the channel from the sofa(around 5 metres distance) but after using astro beyond, i have to bring the remote very close the to AEM xtra link 2 box, very close like 1 meter then i can change the channel.

anythong wrong with the AEM xtra link 2 or it behave that way woth beyond?
+Quote Post
kewlbuzz
post Dec 4 2010, 11:50 PM

Getting Started

I hav 1 hdtv for astro byong, 1 lcd hd monitor for ps3.. but sometimes i want to play ps3 on the hdtv, and lcd hd monitor is for byond. Are there any switchers to allow this?
+Quote Post
lotus_man
post Dec 7 2010, 11:46 PM

On my way

hi,
i currently have 1 LCD tv connected to my astro byond decoder which is in d bedroom while the 2nd decoder/splitter/whatever u call it is in the living room. I recently bought a new Plasma tv and left it in the Living room.
I managed to tune in to Astro n all but, the quality for d HD channels is disappointing sad.gif
is there anyway to make both run in HD quality?
ive read from earlier post abt HDMI splitter. could you please tell me more about this?
+Quote Post
sshahar9
post Dec 8 2010, 01:02 AM

hello everyone, sorry i tried reading some posts here but still a bit clueless.

wanted to ask how do i go about connecting astro beyond decoder to 2 tvs.
the situation is like this
-wall socket output for centralised dish in apartment
= what cable do i use for this to connect to astro beyond decoder?
- then from astro decoder i assume use RCA cable (what is this) and connect to AV Transmitter (is it same with AV to RF converter?) input
- from the AV Transmitter output, i use coaxial cable RG6 to connect to 2nd tv in bedroom?
- i may want to install the box thing that i can switch the channels from my bedroom, what is this called? is it the same as AEM Xtra Link2? so the coaxial cable connect to this first and then another cable to 2nd tv?

i am planning to get this done first so i can lay the cables first and get other work done since i just subscribed to astro and may take a month before they install. so if i do it sendiri can get it up and running easily when they bring the decoder. this way i can plant the wires/cables first. bear in mind i am placing the tv on the opposite side of the wall socket so i need to find a long cable that connects from the wall socket to astro beyond decoder. just in case its different from the rg6 coaxial cable.
assuming im using HDMI cable to connect to living room tv (even though still SD quality), what other cables and other equipment do i need as above? and final question would be the pricing and where can i find them?

help will be very very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance sifus

This post has been edited by sshahar9: Dec 8 2010, 01:07 AM
+Quote Post
bobchu
post Dec 9 2010, 01:29 AM

why dont u try wireless transmitter, it's easy plug & play, no need cable..
Interested can contact me.
+Quote Post
sshahar9
post Dec 9 2010, 02:59 AM

i read that wireless technology can actually lead to cancer. its a type of radiation. RF is radiation. supposedly it screws with your dna.
not really sure but cables might be safer... its messier no doubt but potentially safer
+Quote Post
chokia
post Dec 9 2010, 09:06 AM

Chartered Member

QUOTE(Jsimon @ Oct 1 2010, 07:55 PM)
I've just installed Byond.
From Byond to Plasma Tv - Hdmi Cable.
RCA Cables from byond-- connect to Universal (taiwan) AV Rf convertor.
Convertor to coaxil Cable to 2tv.
2nd tv picture very clear, sound excellent but when I switch to HD channels, HBO HD, etc, 2nd tv upstairs has no sound.
I can only get sound with the normal channels.
Any suggestions to get sound on 2nd tv while watching hd channels?
You have to manually go to byond sound setting and change from dolby 5.1 to stereo, everytime you change to HD channel. This method is only good if both of your TVs are using Tv speakers for stereo sound.

But If you have dedicated AVR and surround sound system (5.1/7.1) then this will be troublesome, unless you u only want stereo sound from your HD channel instead of 5.1.
+Quote Post
sshahar9
post Dec 9 2010, 11:04 AM

want to ask also, wouldnt it be easier to just use a long RCA cable from astro beyond to the 2nd tv also? instead of going through av transmitters or av to rf and coaxial cable and such?
+Quote Post
k0m3n9
post Jan 3 2011, 12:13 PM

hi.. i got 2 decoders, 1 byond 1 older wan.. using 1-2 rf splitter + amplifier 2400mhz.. the setup is like this..
1LNB -> amplifier -> splitter -> 1. byond decoder -> 1st tv
-> 2. old decoder -> 2nd tv
the problem is whenever change to HD channel @ byond decoder.. 2nd tv shows no signal (all channels no signal) from the old decoder.. am i missing sumthing?

This post has been edited by k0m3n9: Jan 3 2011, 12:18 PM
+Quote Post
Jack28HT
post Jan 3 2011, 04:19 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(k0m3n9 @ Jan 3 2011, 12:13 PM)
hi.. i got 2 decoders, 1 byond 1 older wan.. using 1-2 rf splitter +  amplifier 2400mhz.. the setup is like this..
1LNB -> amplifier -> splitter -> 1. byond decoder -> 1st tv
                                                  -> 2. old decoder -> 2nd tv
the problem is whenever change to HD channel @ byond decoder.. 2nd tv shows no signal (all channels no signal) from the old decoder.. am i missing sumthing?
I believe the HD channel is using diff freq from the SD channel. So I guess when you switch to HD chan, there is a control signal sent to the LNB to change the freq and hence your old decoder no longer receives SD signal.

This is why for Byond PVR you need to install two RF cables from the dish with 2 LNB so that you can have both HD and SD channels active simultaneously..
+Quote Post
MyDevil
post Jan 27 2011, 09:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!

I see that some members are asking for av-rf converter for Byond. I have tried 3 av-rf converter/modulator, only PX Universal RF modulator works. So, for the benefit of other forummers, the below av-rf converters do not work with Byond.

Do not work
1. Yagitenna YT5050
2. China brand converter with Byond wording on the set. Green packaging.

Work
1. PX Universal RF modulator (user MyDevil)
2. Newpro NP2020 AV to RF converter (user kimyee73)
3. dawa AV-RF transmitter (user Viper1912)
4. Engel brand - DigiSender2 (user noblelife)

Feel free to add in the list.
+Quote Post
art6969
post Jan 27 2011, 10:37 AM

Regular

QUOTE(sshahar9 @ Dec 9 2010, 02:59 AM)
i read that wireless technology can actually lead to cancer. its a type of radiation. RF is radiation. supposedly it screws with your dna.
not really sure but cables might be safer... its messier no doubt but potentially safer
it same as telecomunication radiation, maxis, celcom, digi even your internet broadband wireless
+Quote Post
eMKs
post Jan 27 2011, 11:23 AM

On my way

Smoking (or even passive smoking) is in far greater risk to cancer icon_rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
leoz-88
post Mar 5 2011, 12:55 PM

can anyone tell me how to connect astro byond with AEM xtra link 2 to view astro and change channel at 2nd tv in bedroom.will b better if got the installation step...

This post has been edited by leoz-88: Mar 5 2011, 12:59 PM
+Quote Post
cw_wang
post Mar 16 2011, 04:47 PM

6 Star Player

Hi! can anyone tell me where can I buy this XTRA LINK 2? tongue.gif
Need it urgently.
+Quote Post
giggs_509
post Apr 1 2011, 08:32 AM

Casual

can b.yond support 2 decoder?
+Quote Post
zeese
post Apr 1 2011, 12:12 PM

Warning Level

QUOTE(giggs_509 @ Apr 1 2011, 08:32 AM)
can b.yond support 2 decoder?
1 dish can support multiple decoder.. but you got to pay separate subscription for each decoder..
or just use 1 smart card, and you swap the smart card from one decoder to another..
+Quote Post
giggs_509
post Apr 1 2011, 03:08 PM

Casual

QUOTE(zeese @ Apr 1 2011, 12:12 PM)
1 dish can support multiple decoder.. but you got to pay separate subscription for each decoder..
or just use 1 smart card, and you swap the smart card from one decoder to another..
thats what i planning to do, just swap the smartcard. confirm can support 2 decoder? so must i contact astro for the 2nd decoder installation or get from garage sales, etc..
+Quote Post
willkso
post Apr 1 2011, 10:24 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(giggs_509 @ Apr 1 2011, 04:08 PM)
thats what i planning to do, just swap the smartcard. confirm can support 2 decoder? so must i contact astro for the 2nd decoder installation or get from garage sales, etc..
Nope. Byond smartcard was paired to the Byond decoder. It can't be swapped with others Byond decoder unless it's done by Astro. Even if they do it, the pairing with 1st decoder will be void. Refer Byond's thread..
+Quote Post
toffeeman
post Apr 16 2011, 11:53 AM

Getting Started

I just got quote from my contractor on installation cost for Astro switch between 2 TVs and it costs RM1,000

I thought this is cut throat........but would like to hear from sifus here on their views before I revert to the contractor.
+Quote Post
jigc
post Apr 16 2011, 10:53 PM

Getting Started

How about this one guy?
hdmi extender with cat5 cable.

cheap and u still got 720p quality for another tv.

http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Extension-Ex...02964968&sr=8-2

Added on April 16, 2011, 11:05 pmanother one without power supply:

http://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-Extender...wl_mb_hu_m_2_dp

This post has been edited by jigc: Apr 16 2011, 11:05 PM
+Quote Post
Corrins
post May 12 2011, 03:55 PM

Read on most of the post here .. just wonder the "AEM AV to RF Converter" that you guys mentioned here, can I get it from Low Yat and which shops in Low Yat selling it ?
+Quote Post
kelvyn
post May 26 2011, 11:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!

why don't u try the wireless av transmitter?

Should be able to solve ur needs....

look up some of the sales thread in lowyat forum
+Quote Post
honamd77
post Jun 27 2011, 02:30 PM

Enjoy U Life Before U Die

firstly..so sorry if wrong thread.i got a little problem.hope all sifu here can teach/guide me wub.gif

simple sample - astro byond - SAROWIN LKV-312 HDMI Splitter ---< Lcd 1 & Lcd 2

my problem is..when switch channel sd to hd..got green blinking.but when switch channel hd to hd..no green blinking.
hdmi cable use..let say medium price and gold plate.more info..all three cables around 3' meters long.

thanks for read and reply nod.gif notworthy.gif
+Quote Post
thankyou
post Jun 29 2011, 11:55 AM

On my way

http://www.brite-view.com/air_synchd.php

This is very good to split between two TV but I wonder who can actually bring this in?
+Quote Post
y2k
post Jun 29 2011, 12:27 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(thankyou @ Jun 29 2011, 11:55 AM)
http://www.brite-view.com/air_synchd.php

This is very good to split between two TV but I wonder who can actually bring this in?
I think the following is similar.
Sarowin HD-10
I think it retails @ RM1,299.
+Quote Post
thankyou
post Jun 29 2011, 01:17 PM

On my way

too expensive for Sarowin, brite-view cost only at USD230
+Quote Post
honamd77
post Jun 30 2011, 08:26 PM

hmmm... hmm.gif
+Quote Post
emy_xvidia
post Jul 2 2011, 07:24 PM

Everyday I'm shufflin'

hi guys, can d beyond decoder be connected to one HDTV and the other normal SDTV without having to buy all the extra things? sory im noob.
+Quote Post
junfei176
post Jul 4 2011, 11:55 PM

Sorry guys wanted to use 2 TV (1 1st floor and 1 ground floor)with 1 astro beyond HD PVR set (1 decoder only)

any tips on how to do it with a stable a workable splitter?

cheers, !!!
+Quote Post
honamd77
post Jul 5 2011, 08:15 AM

QUOTE(emy_xvidia @ Jul 2 2011, 07:24 PM)
hi guys, can d beyond decoder be connected to one HDTV and the other normal SDTV without having to buy all the extra things? sory im noob.
sure can.just use composite cable (yellow,red,white) for 2nd tv thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
atantuya
post Jul 29 2011, 02:47 AM

ANYONE WHO INTERESTED TO SWAP TO ASTRO BYOND @ BYOND PVR @ SUPER PACK 1, 2, @ 3... do PM me ur account astro number.. i'll register for u for FREE( BYond & Super Pack) at swap_hd@yahoo.com
smile.gif
+Quote Post
ejann
post Sep 5 2011, 02:43 PM

guys how to setup this connection TV/VCR

Attached Image

into this decoder

Attached Image
+Quote Post
kkuniya
post Oct 6 2011, 04:07 PM

hi, need help...

my primary tv, non-HD tv... got astro byond next to it.. (upstairs)
secondary tv, non-HD tv, got aem xtra link next to it.. (downstairs)

i've bought av/rf converter...

but, where do i put the yellow, red,white cable from av/rf converter into the astro byond?

fyi, previously when using old astro it works well....

+Quote Post
eric84cool
post Oct 8 2011, 10:59 PM

I'm BACK!!!

QUOTE(kkuniya @ Oct 6 2011, 04:07 PM)
hi, need help...

my primary tv, non-HD tv... got astro byond next to it.. (upstairs)
secondary tv, non-HD tv, got aem xtra link next to it.. (downstairs)

i've bought av/rf converter...

but, where do i put the yellow, red,white cable from av/rf converter into the astro byond?

fyi, previously when using old astro it works well....
behind your astro byond should have (CVBS) video, same yellow, red and white cable. Plug in and connect to your AV/RF convertor and you could play ....

Added on October 8, 2011, 11:10 pmhi guys, I just bought EKK AV-RF convertor at Jln Pasar for RM39 and I could connect V,L,R to AV convertor and 2nd, 3rd TV can work well with audio on.

However, I connect HDMI to my primary tv and no display& audio. I wondering what happen then use component video...pic ok but no sound. Anybody know what's going on?

This post has been edited by eric84cool: Oct 8 2011, 11:10 PM
+Quote Post
se3333
post Oct 11 2011, 10:12 PM

QUOTE(eric84cool @ Oct 8 2011, 10:59 PM)
behind your astro byond should have (CVBS) video, same yellow, red and white cable. Plug in and connect to your AV/RF convertor and you could play ....

Added on October 8, 2011, 11:10 pmhi guys, I just bought EKK AV-RF convertor at Jln Pasar for RM39 and I could connect V,L,R to AV convertor and 2nd, 3rd TV can work well with audio on.

However, I connect HDMI to my primary tv and no display& audio. I wondering what happen then use component video...pic ok but no sound. Anybody know what's going on?
If u want to connect thru component video, you can buy 2pcs RCA 1 to 2 (like picture below) , connect component video to 1st TV, then the 2pcs of RCA 1 to 2 connect on your decoder Audio L and Audio R (to split the audio to 2 output for each channel), then u can connect 1 set of ur Audio L+R to ur 1st TV and another set of Audio L+R to ur AV converter.
This is what I do on others satellite decoder but i never try Astro Beyond. Perhaps Astro Beyond will Lock others signal out when you connect HDMI output.... same thing happen on some Dreambox decoder..... Hope this info could help....

user posted image

Added on October 11, 2011, 10:18 pm
QUOTE(ejann @ Sep 5 2011, 02:43 PM)
guys how to setup this connection TV/VCR

Attached Image

into this decoder

Attached Image
Your current RF cable from your TV/VCR output have to mod to F-connector (like Astro sat cable one) then connect to your openbox s10 rear Ant/VCR output will do.

user posted image

This post has been edited by se3333: Oct 11 2011, 10:20 PM
+Quote Post
m_imrun
post Oct 28 2011, 02:58 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(honamd77 @ Jun 27 2011, 02:30 PM)
firstly..so sorry if wrong thread.i got a little problem.hope all sifu here can teach/guide me  wub.gif

simple sample - astro byond - SAROWIN LKV-312 HDMI Splitter ---< Lcd 1 & Lcd 2

my problem is..when switch channel sd to hd..got green blinking.but when switch channel hd to hd..no green blinking.
hdmi cable use..let say medium price and gold plate.more info..all three cables around 3' meters long.

thanks for read and reply  nod.gif  notworthy.gif
Have you tried to ask the seller about your problem...
+Quote Post
krk24
post Oct 28 2011, 06:13 AM

Getting Started

i have 1 byond decoder...with 2 tvs...one SD tv at hall with decoder..another hdtv at my room....i have to get a longer hdmi cable only....but need to know which shop selling longer hdmi cable....let say...20-30 meters..anyone?
+Quote Post
jhun1009
post Nov 4 2011, 12:33 PM

u can buy this from me, sms me @ 0166075222

NEW

Genuine OEM Pakite 2.4G Wirelss AV Sender Astro Camera CCTV DVD
can split astro into 2tv wireless...
One transmitter can work with many Receivers,many room share wireless A/V signal
The transmitter can send the IR signal of receiver to control the STB next room
Can be used as a wireless/IR repeater besides used for A/V signal delivery

http://www.pakite.net/en/product_detail.asp?id=106[I][U]

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

+Quote Post
allout11
post Nov 11 2011, 12:17 AM

Hellow all,

Im using Astro Byond and currently I have an issue here whereby I cannot change the channel from the wireless transmitter.

The transmitter is located at the living hall and receiver is in the bedroom. Distance is approximately 20ft.

Tried few methods such as adjusting the IR sensor position but still not able to change the channel from room

This is the 2nd time already I have change the wireless trasmitter.

Headache lor~javascript:emoticon(':cry:')

Can anyone advice what to do so that I can change channel from room?

Thanks
+Quote Post
KABA7
post Jan 7 2012, 01:30 AM

Find solution to extend your astro to second, third TV/LCD and so on?
We have WIRED and WIRELESS solution. Visit us at www.kaba2u.com or call 0127565703
+Quote Post
audee_c4
post Apr 5 2012, 11:58 PM

hello everybody...

i hv 1 byond decoder n 2 lcd tv...1 in living room(with decoder) n 1 another is in my room..

so here's my question...if i'm using a splitter to split hdmi cable to both tv is it work well?
+Quote Post
melvyn
post Apr 7 2012, 01:57 AM

Getting Started

It seems that kaba7 has the best solution for all.
+Quote Post
NwarSomeone
post Apr 7 2012, 11:05 AM

Hi, I saw this HDMI spliter 1 to 2 on internet for just 16USD. Will that work with an extra lonh HDMI cable? And will both TV receive HD output??
+Quote Post
fastreez
post Apr 7 2012, 07:22 PM

Hi guys,
Here I want to share what I do to split Astro beyond to 2nd TV..
I still can watch HD channel but in SD quality. icon_idea.gif
Astro beyond remote still can function on 2nd TV. icon_idea.gif

Cost:
1-AEM extra link: RM48.00
2-PX Universal RCA-RF converter: RM78.00
***(don't buy China brand with "BEYOND"wording... this converter cannot working on Astro Beyond)***
3-Astro Beyond remote control: RM17.00
4-Coaxial cable and adepter: Use existing cable

I’m buy all this item at Jalan Kapar@Klang.Maybe Jalan Pasar Pudu@KL will be cheap then this…

As they said..Picture tell the story.. I hope this can helping u guys..beside is best to doing DIY.. thumbup.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
+Quote Post
Jenn77
post Apr 8 2012, 02:11 AM

Look Ma' Im Flyin! Gee~

Anyone bought from KABA7 and hows the result? Encouraging?
+Quote Post
isma45
post Apr 9 2012, 11:26 AM

- rocking the highway -

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

wowwww..does this means that you can have 100% control over astro channel on 2nd tv?
+Quote Post
fucziAvA
post Apr 9 2012, 11:31 AM

QUOTE(isma45 @ Apr 9 2012, 11:26 AM)

wowwww..does this means that you can have 100% control over astro channel on 2nd tv?
hmm.gif
+Quote Post
isma45
post Apr 9 2012, 03:09 PM

- rocking the highway -

QUOTE(fucziAvA @ Apr 9 2012, 11:31 AM)
hmm.gif
looks like he can..because there is RCA-RF included
+Quote Post
fastreez
post Apr 10 2012, 04:40 PM

QUOTE(isma45 @ Apr 9 2012, 11:26 AM)

yes...u can control ur astro from 2nd tv.. that why im listed a second unit astro beyond remote control on my list..
+Quote Post
epsilon_chinwk86
post Apr 10 2012, 04:51 PM

Casual

QUOTE(fastreez @ Apr 10 2012, 04:40 PM)
yes...u can control ur astro from 2nd tv.. that why im listed a second unit astro beyond remote control on my list..
Sorry first for this noob question ya. tongue.gif

So does this mean that u can watch (for example) ESPN on your 1st TV and AT THE SAME TIME watch Discovery Channel on your 2nd TV?

+Quote Post
fastreez
post Apr 11 2012, 04:48 PM

QUOTE(epsilon_chinwk86 @ Apr 10 2012, 04:51 PM)
Sorry first for this noob question ya. tongue.gif

So does this mean that u can watch (for example) ESPN on your 1st TV and AT THE SAME TIME watch Discovery Channel on your 2nd TV?
nope...both will watch same channel... u only can change channel on 2nd tv..but at the same time main tv will change channel too..

for method that u mention u need 2 astro decoder and account..
+Quote Post
tcb2010
post Apr 12 2012, 10:18 AM

QUOTE(melvyn @ Apr 7 2012, 01:57 AM)
It seems that kaba7 has the best solution for all.
Yeah, i am using the Pakite 2.4hgz wireless solution, so far its pretty good, purchase from KABA. Mine is double storey house...Decoder downstairs, 2nd TV upstairs.

However, its not 100% trouble free, just some minor annoyances:
i) Occasional interference to the signal when something/someone is around the receiver..can't pinpoint why..
ii) If have many electrical source/wirings close to the receiver, and power on at the same time...might occur static interference too.
iii) The infrared transmitter has to be precisely located at the Astro beyond, for the channel changing feature to work flawlessly. I just stick and face it to the Beyond decoder..this may require trial and error. This maybe the most frustrating part to get it right..so, be forewarned.
iv) Reports of possible interference with WiFi, but i am not sure about this. So far, those normal modem like p1 seems no conflict with it.

Good things about it:

i) Probably the simplest and less messy solution.
ii) No HD quality pictures, but Astro HD channel available..quality wise, its SD quality. HD channel's SD quality is slightly better than normal SD channel. But i prefer to watch it on SD channels becoz it's scaling is normally full screen, but under if HD channel...it will project the movies with top & bottom black bar.

So, hope some info on the my experiences helps...

To me, its worth it, not having to pay extra monthly fees to Astro...albeit have to watch same channels for two TVs.
Actually the quality of pictures surpassed my expectations... My personal opinion is if the second tv is smallish, like 32/37/40 inch LED/LCD...then the picture quality should acceptable...

+Quote Post
Reyz
post May 1 2012, 07:16 AM

Getting Started

guys im reading through this thread but still blur hahahha....plz help me...btw my house on reno process for extention of my living n master bedroom.i got 1 plasma tv with digital satellite receiver (openbox) with scart,composite n HDMI output n want to connect to my second LCD TV at another room if wired through ceiling maybe around 10m.

im already got rg6 coaxial cable 25m with splitter.i dont mind the 2nd TV got SD and mono sound.

heard about the AEM extra link 2 and av to rf convertor.but still blur for their capability.

my question: what unit i need to use to connect n CAN CHANGE CHANNEL from my second TV?if possible plz make a diagram also.thanks a lot guy...

+Quote Post
rushoe
post May 3 2012, 11:49 AM

Getting Started

I am currently using the Wireless AV transmitter to change channel only (for the 2nd tv)... this is because the quality is really not that good to transmit video.... so i use a very long RCA cable to transmit video and sound instead....
behind the astro beyond decoder, there are RCA and component, so the main TV I use component, then the 2nd tv use RCA....... 1 main problem is the splitter that I use cannot fit in to split the audio (red and white)... so what happen is 1 tv use red and 1 tv use white sad.gif... too bad astro won't open the HDMI port if u dont subscribe HD channel.....
+Quote Post
ashdean
post Aug 28 2012, 06:05 PM

just for sharing.

2nd LCD TV connect to wireless receiver. Ready to watch.  icon_rolleyes.gif

Hi,

Do you have solution to fixed the IR at both side to working properly. How?

TQ
+Quote Post
derek_lim1982
post Aug 29 2012, 01:46 PM

Getting Started

i've bought a home plug for my 2nd floor room but missing is the IR decoder. Any suggestion?
+Quote Post
yowa82
post Sep 10 2012, 12:14 PM

QUOTE(tcb2010 @ Apr 12 2012, 10:18 AM)
Yeah, i am using the Pakite 2.4hgz wireless solution, so far its pretty good, purchase from KABA. Mine is double storey house...Decoder downstairs, 2nd TV upstairs.

However, its not 100% trouble free, just some minor annoyances:
i) Occasional interference to the signal when something/someone is around the receiver..can't pinpoint why..
ii) If have many electrical source/wirings close to the receiver, and power on at the same time...might occur static interference too.
iii) The infrared transmitter has to be precisely located at the Astro beyond, for the channel changing feature to work flawlessly. I just stick and face it to the Beyond decoder..this may require trial and error. This maybe the most frustrating part to get it right..so, be forewarned.
iv) Reports of possible interference with WiFi, but i am not sure about this. So far, those normal modem like p1 seems no conflict with it.

Good things about it:

i) Probably the simplest and less messy solution.
ii) No HD quality pictures, but Astro HD channel available..quality wise, its SD quality. HD channel's SD quality is slightly better than normal SD channel. But i prefer to watch it on SD channels becoz it's scaling is normally full screen, but under if HD channel...it will project the movies with top & bottom black bar.

So, hope some info on the my experiences helps...

To me, its worth it, not having to pay extra monthly fees to Astro...albeit have to watch same channels for two TVs.
Actually the quality of pictures surpassed my expectations... My personal opinion is if the second tv is smallish, like 32/37/40 inch LED/LCD...then the picture quality should acceptable...
this blog i followed explained the installation, using hardware similar to you. he/she (...must be he) seem to also refer this thread! rclxms.gif
http://pujanggamalam.blogspot.com/2012/09/...d-dan-2-tv.html
+Quote Post
efariz
post Sep 23 2012, 05:57 PM

Call Me EFARIZ, Maybe?

i belive the is number display at ur 'PX Universal RCA-RF converter' (like channel or something) right.??
coz i got that too..how u assign those number to match ur channel on ur 2nd TV.???
+Quote Post
mocha0810
post Oct 17 2012, 11:37 PM

Getting Started

Hi guys,

Need help.... I have 2 different astro decoders at home, one byond and a normal sd decoder (2 saperate Smart cards). Currently i am using the cheap coax splitter to split the signal between the two decoders. Everything works well until i switch to HD channels. I wont be able to watch anything on the other decoder and the sat signal shows zero. Anyone encounter this? How do i overcome this? Will signal booster help in this situation? Many thanx

This post has been edited by mocha0810: Oct 17 2012, 11:38 PM
+Quote Post
sirzachzery
post Nov 16 2012, 08:53 AM

QUOTE(silbii @ Jan 23 2010, 01:02 PM)

hi there

i have tried installed this to my astro byond at living connect to bedroom
but not success..

from byond decoder...i follow exactly the same..
i pasted ir sensor infront..and go back to the converter...
and the converter connected to byond decoder..

then bedroom i plugged into the ir injector...
the lights is on..when click on remote...it is blinking but no response..

what do u all think which one my setup goes wrong or the aem itself faulty?

=Z=

Added on November 16, 2012, 9:10 am
QUOTE(fastreez @ Apr 7 2012, 07:22 PM)
Hi guys,
Here I want to share what I do to split Astro beyond to 2nd TV..
I still can watch HD channel but in SD quality. icon_idea.gif
Astro beyond remote still can function on 2nd TV. icon_idea.gif

Cost:
1-AEM extra link: RM48.00
2-PX Universal RCA-RF converter: RM78.00
***(don't buy China brand with "BEYOND"wording... this converter cannot working on Astro Beyond)***
3-Astro Beyond remote control: RM17.00
4-Coaxial cable and adepter: Use existing cable

I’m buy all this item at Jalan Kapar@Klang.Maybe Jalan Pasar Pudu@KL will be cheap then this…

As they said..Picture tell the story.. I hope this can helping u guys..beside is best to doing DIY..  thumbup.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
i follow exactly same like this but for byond..
is there anything i did wrong?

plz advice

=Z=

This post has been edited by sirzachzery: Nov 16 2012, 09:10 AM
+Quote Post
myqd
post Nov 16 2012, 12:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!

why not just buy a wireless AV Transmitter using RCA composite output from astro beyond ( no need to buy a RCA>RF converter),get a 5.8G one to avoid signal interruption from ur wifi,should be arround RM200 smile.gif
+Quote Post
markchan
post Apr 13 2013, 05:23 PM

Enthusiast!!!!!

From: Malacca(KgLapan), Selangor(SungaiLong), KL(PuduRaya)

Arghh followed all the stead as sirzachzery mentioned but still my aem xtra link won't work. Anything I did wrong? Maybe because I used different co axial adapter? One is the steel one more is the white plastic
+Quote Post
thoxenzor
post Aug 2 2013, 06:36 PM

anyone using the RF5100 modulator?? what frequency did u set? can someone tell me ? thanks !
+Quote Post
Felice821
post Nov 20 2013, 02:19 PM

Enthusiast

Sorry to bump this old thread.

Since my house now in the midst of renovation, I hope to have a solution now.

I plan to install A.Beyond decoder link to my LED TV at living hall. If I would like to watch astro at my first floor family hall, how can it be done?

Can I maintain 1 dish but 2 decoder watching the same channel? Which both also can watch HD.
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2664sec    1.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 08:01 AM