Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Astro byond spilts into 2 or 3 TVs

views

sshahar9
post Dec 8 2010, 01:02 AM

38 posts

hello everyone, sorry i tried reading some posts here but still a bit clueless.

wanted to ask how do i go about connecting astro beyond decoder to 2 tvs.
the situation is like this
-wall socket output for centralised dish in apartment
= what cable do i use for this to connect to astro beyond decoder?
- then from astro decoder i assume use RCA cable (what is this) and connect to AV Transmitter (is it same with AV to RF converter?) input
- from the AV Transmitter output, i use coaxial cable RG6 to connect to 2nd tv in bedroom?
- i may want to install the box thing that i can switch the channels from my bedroom, what is this called? is it the same as AEM Xtra Link2? so the coaxial cable connect to this first and then another cable to 2nd tv?

i am planning to get this done first so i can lay the cables first and get other work done since i just subscribed to astro and may take a month before they install. so if i do it sendiri can get it up and running easily when they bring the decoder. this way i can plant the wires/cables first. bear in mind i am placing the tv on the opposite side of the wall socket so i need to find a long cable that connects from the wall socket to astro beyond decoder. just in case its different from the rg6 coaxial cable.
assuming im using HDMI cable to connect to living room tv (even though still SD quality), what other cables and other equipment do i need as above? and final question would be the pricing and where can i find them?

help will be very very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance sifus

This post has been edited by sshahar9: Dec 8 2010, 01:07 AM
sshahar9
post Dec 9 2010, 02:59 AM

38 posts

i read that wireless technology can actually lead to cancer. its a type of radiation. RF is radiation. supposedly it screws with your dna.
not really sure but cables might be safer... its messier no doubt but potentially safer
sshahar9
post Dec 9 2010, 11:04 AM

38 posts

want to ask also, wouldnt it be easier to just use a long RCA cable from astro beyond to the 2nd tv also? instead of going through av transmitters or av to rf and coaxial cable and such?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0495sec    0.56    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:26 PM