Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Astro byond spilts into 2 or 3 TVs

views

limshihao
post Mar 10 2010, 12:34 PM

4 posts

I have a WIRELESS FULL HD TRANSMITTER running at 5GHZ , so it wont interfere with all the normal IT appliances. I use to broadcast FULL HD quality from my living hall to my bedroom upstairs, and it work just great. HD quality. It has HDMI input at the sender and receiver. COOL!

limshihao
post Mar 10 2010, 12:58 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(DeZeque @ Mar 10 2010, 12:53 PM)
kewl... how much is it? brand? model? i suppose it also acts as remote extender? pls share more...

thanks...
Is not in the market yet, i have the priviledge to do the testing for my company. What i can say, is it going to be launch sometime this year, around april time frame, i can take some photo to show you, but i am not allow to mention the brand yet. Quite expensive if you compare it with normal analog AV transmitter. It can transmit more than one device means you can have your byond box, blue ray dvd player connect to it (2x HDMI), then it has also one RCA input. so all together 3 devices, n yes...it comes with 3 IR flasher at sender end. So you can control all 3 devices.

limshihao
post Mar 11 2010, 11:47 AM

4 posts

[quote=Fawkes,Mar 10 2010, 05:06 PM]
Woah, how about the transmitting distance?

transmitting distance is 40m, however is depending on walls and other obstacles. As you might have known, the higher frequency, the lesser the transmitting signal can penetrate walls and other obstacle. I tested with Bluray, PS3, Astro (normal box), Astro (byond Box)...it works just fine, and the beautiful part is no interference from your other IT/Electronic gadgets like cordless phone, WIFI router ++.

I will post some photo early next week.

Added on March 11, 2010, 11:54 am[quote=DeZeque,Mar 11 2010, 10:26 AM]
should be... as he/she said "you can have your byond box, blue ray dvd player connect to it" ... if not HDCP compliant i believe byond won't work...

limshihao,
how expensive is "quite expensive compared to normal analog AV"? i know the normal analog wireless one would cost from RM200++... any hint or ballpark figures perhaps? actually i'm in the process of buying a house... would be renovating the house in april/ may... already thinking of laying CAT6.. get the HDMI to CAT6 converter... i've a rough idea on the cost... so if this solution could be around the same cost.. i'd definitely use this wireless thingie as it would be easily moved anywhere... but if too much different... wired may still be preferred options as to in would guarantee stability (i suppose?)...

some pictures would be nice too... i know u can't mention the brand name... but if i guess correctly.. can u nod? eheheheh... is the name sounds like a tall animal with long neck? ehehehe....

[/quote]

Market price is still not decided for local market yet, however i heard europe is selling for around USD 350++.

mmm...i don't think the name sound like that animal, smile.gif

This post has been edited by limshihao: Mar 11 2010, 11:54 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0301sec    0.13    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:08 PM