Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Astro byond spilts into 2 or 3 TVs

views

GMNIMan
post Jan 30 2010, 09:41 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(viper1912 @ Jan 28 2010, 03:11 PM)
I've encounter problem....for my 2nd TV, which I unable to change channel. I've placed the infra -red thigy at the byond channel area...it still unable to change channel.

Anyone care to tell which is the area on the byond decoder I shd put the INfra Red thingy.
Tape the IR injector about 1" to 1.5" to the right of the LED display on the front. Works perfectly for me using the XTra Link 2.

Added on January 30, 2010, 9:49 pm
QUOTE(CapKapak @ Jan 23 2010, 05:38 AM)
I am also using this at the moment with the old decoder but would like to know how it works with the beyond decoder. Please explain.

Thanks.
Works perfectly well with the BYond decoder, except you need use an AV to RF converter. I use the Malaysian made AEM unit. It is cheap and the RF output quality is excellent. No image shearing, no distortion and colour is rich and vibrant.

This post has been edited by GMNIMan: Jan 30 2010, 09:49 PM
GMNIMan
post Feb 1 2010, 02:28 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(marky @ Feb 1 2010, 09:52 AM)
how much is the AEM unit?
If you are asking about the AV to RF converter, then it is RM38 here in Kota Kinabalu. Since it is Malaysian made, I bet it is quite a bit cheaper in Semananjung Malaysia.
GMNIMan
post Feb 1 2010, 10:39 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(jepun1977 @ Feb 1 2010, 03:22 PM)
bro just to ask i have using the 2nd link to bedroom tv and it work fine. my question is i can change the astro channel using the original astro beyond. any chance it work using old or other replace remote?
The old remote will not work with the BYpnd decoder.
GMNIMan
post Feb 6 2010, 12:59 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(eMKs @ Feb 2 2010, 11:37 AM)
What brand? I don't know which is good for AV to RF converter.
I am using the "AEM AV to RF Converter". Works really well. Picture Quality and colour are very good.

Added on February 6, 2010, 1:01 pm
QUOTE(eMKs @ Feb 2 2010, 10:49 PM)
Most probably cannot, byond smart card tied with specific byond decoder. Even you use another byond decoder also cannot work.
The new Byond Smartcard is "paired" with your decoder, which means you cannot even use it with another Byond decoder, let alone the older Astro decoder.

Added on February 6, 2010, 1:09 pm
QUOTE(marky @ Feb 2 2010, 12:05 PM)
if use this on astro beyond the other tv will get HD on Hd channels also?
The other TV will also display the HD Channels, but if your TV is not HD than you will only see the programs according to what your TV is capable of. However I find that on the older CRT TV, the picture quality of the HD Channels is still superior to the ones from the SD Channels, and the sound output has a higher fidelity and clearer, definitely better.

Added on February 6, 2010, 1:20 pm
QUOTE(apexg2 @ Feb 2 2010, 04:26 PM)
and as lng as i know, byond oni can use 1 tv..not like b4..
Not true!

I have my Byond connected to one TV upstairs and another downstairs using the AEM AV to RF converter, at the same time I also have it connected to my 24inch PC monitor using the HDMI interface. The picture quality on the PC monitor is just incredible, wow!!

This post has been edited by GMNIMan: Feb 6 2010, 01:20 PM
GMNIMan
post Feb 6 2010, 01:45 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(zwanvedder @ Feb 6 2010, 01:35 PM)
bro can u explain more about connected ur 24inch PC monitor using hdmi interface... notworthy.gif
It is just a straight forward connection if your PC monitor has an HDMI interface (connector). I think most large screen PC monitor now uses the HDMI connection. My monitor is the HP w2408h. Plug one end of the HDMI cable to the Byond decoder and the other to your monitor. If your monitor has built-in speakers, you will even get the sound output through them since HDMI carries both video and audio.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0131sec    0.26    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:20 PM