Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Astro byond spilts into 2 or 3 TVs

views

eMKs
post Jan 28 2010, 04:43 PM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(rayfoo @ Jan 25 2010, 12:12 PM)
wireless HD transmitter by Giraffe..RM5K above something like that ...

Added on January 25, 2010, 12:16 pmfor HD for 2 set of TV, u can get
1) 1 unit HD splitter ( 2port) about RM400 ATEN brand
2) 1 unit HDMI over CAT5E extender about RM700 ATEN brand
3) 2 unit of CAT5E cable (length depend) estimate RM100
Total about RM1200

all available locally
You have 2nd option if you only use for 1 year or 2 biggrin.gif

Subscribe to Astro, I don't know which is true

1) Free installation Fee for Min. package RM 37.95, Min 24 Month's subscription periods.
2) RM50 Installation Fee for Min. package RM54.95, Min 12 Month's subscription periods.
3) RM80 Installation Fee for Min. package RM37.95, Min 12 Month's subscription periods.

or

1) RM30 Installation Fee for Min. package RM54.95, Min 24 Month's subscription periods.
2) RM80 Installation Fee for Min. package RM37.95, Min 24 Month's subscription periods.
3) RM199 Installation Fee for Min. package RM37.95, Min 12 Month's subscription periods.

Subscribe to byond = Free

Monthly = RMxxx+RM20

You can watch different channel at 1 time, if astro still has 50% off monthly bill on 2nd decoder you can save summore hmm.gif
eMKs
post Feb 2 2010, 11:37 AM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(GMNIMan @ Feb 1 2010, 02:28 PM)
If you are asking about the AV to RF converter, then it is RM38 here in Kota Kinabalu. Since it is Malaysian made, I bet it is quite a bit cheaper in Semananjung Malaysia.
What brand? I don't know which is good for AV to RF converter.
eMKs
post Feb 2 2010, 12:12 PM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(marky @ Feb 2 2010, 12:05 PM)
if use this on astro beyond the other tv will get HD on Hd channels also?
No, you'll only get HD (1080i/720p) by using HDMI. composite/component will only output 576i but the latter will give better PQ
eMKs
post Feb 2 2010, 10:49 PM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(blaze270284 @ Feb 2 2010, 10:42 PM)
Hi, I have a question, lets say i keep my old decoder and stuff, can i use the new beyond smartcard and use it in my old decoder?
Most probably cannot, byond smart card tied with specific byond decoder. Even you use another byond decoder also cannot work.
eMKs
post Feb 2 2010, 11:49 PM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(blaze270284 @ Feb 2 2010, 10:52 PM)
thanx. One more question, I have a house in my Kampung which I is left empty and only visited during hari raya. What is the cheapest way of installing astro? I don't want to pay every month just to watch it during hari raya..
When u subscribe to byond, keep your old dish & cable, return old decoder.
During balik kampung, bring your byond decoder, smart card & old dish, cable as well. Just install the dish & cable by yourself.
I did it twice successfully.
1. 1st when i subscribe to astro, i live in centralized dish apartment. So, installer just installed splitter & decoder. I insist to get the dish which they refuse to give firstly. Luckily, when i move to new house i need the dish. I install it by myself (yes, only me - drill the wall & so on). I manage to get signal strength 69 (almost same like in my previous apartment which is 68).
2. At my parent house when they move to new house, i get signal strength 71.

The key thing is:
- you need to believe in yourself biggrin.gif
- observe closely on existing angle dish (using normal compass will do, you'll notice it's actually facing West) & don't forget reading on adjustable angle (0-90 degree)
- During your dish adjustment, bring your tv as close as at the dish. So u can notice if u had adjust the angle properly. Old decoder is more user friendly actually during this process (you will hear beep beep sound).

If you still not sure, u still can pay astro installer (RM80-100) to install it for you. Of course u can't get real good signal strength with byond using old dish, but it still work. I don't have any special equipment, just compass only.
But don't forget to bring back your decoder & smart card after balik kampung. else, u won't watch astro at your home nod.gif

btw, this question is out of topic actually. tongue.gif
eMKs
post Mar 10 2010, 01:07 PM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(limshihao @ Mar 10 2010, 12:58 PM)
Is not in the market yet, i have the priviledge to do the testing for my company. What i can say, is it going to be launch sometime this year, around april time frame, i can take some photo to show you, but i am not allow to mention the brand yet. Quite expensive if you compare it with normal analog AV transmitter. It can transmit more than one device means you can have your byond box, blue ray dvd player connect to it (2x HDMI), then it has also one RCA input. so all together 3 devices, n yes...it comes with 3 IR flasher at sender end. So you can control all 3 devices.

Wow, that's great. How about the price? Is it available locally?
HDCP support?

This post has been edited by eMKs: Mar 10 2010, 01:12 PM
eMKs
post Mar 11 2010, 10:48 AM

On my way
647 posts

If that brand is correct, it would be available locally. Read sometimes ago in newspaper, went through their website but nothing much info.
eMKs
post Mar 17 2010, 09:55 AM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(ah_chak @ Mar 16 2010, 10:19 PM)
they're made out of the same material inside not meh? copper mah.. since mine works far better than the RCA -> Coax converter.. it's like the decoder is in my bedroom connected directly using RCA.. LOL!

Yeah, it's still copper but different impedance. Cat5 is twisted pair cable, impedance is about 120 ohm. Coax is 75 ohm, with 1 core in the middle & the other as a skin. Wonder why you get perfect signal.
eMKs
post Jun 9 2010, 09:01 AM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(Civic88 @ Jun 7 2010, 07:33 PM)
Problem: Just got a AV RF Converter (Yagitenna YT5050).
Connect RCA from Byond to Converter, then connect Coax from RF out port at converter to TV in bedroom.
Result: No audio and picture with small amount of noise.
Have tried direct RCA to bedroom TV (by moving the entire LCD down  sweat.gif ), and that works - so should not be an issue with Byond box.
Have changed RCA cables, same results - so should not be the RCA cable issue.
Could it be the converter? I just bought it today and will be trying to do an exchange tomorrow.

Did you connect audio cable (red/white RCA) to your AV to RF Converter?
Noise might be caused by long cable or interference with other device.

QUOTE(Civic88 @ Jun 7 2010, 07:33 PM)
Another question:
Saw an Astro Splitter at the hardware shop. Can this work with Byond?
Meaning the main cable from dish go to this Astro splitter, and split it to my Byond decoder and the other one go to my bedroom tv... will this method work?

This splitter works if you have 2 decoder but need to use 1 dish only, but it won't work with byond.

Added on June 9, 2010, 9:28 am
QUOTE(podrunner @ Jun 8 2010, 08:26 PM)
Current Astro set-up:
One decoder with 2 tvs, one in living room, the other in bedroom. Wiring all concealed in roofs and between floors (I think!) and I use IR transmitter to change channels in bedroom. Additional decoder for supplementary package in in-laws room.

Question: I would like to run byond the same way. In-laws will stay put on SD. Will the cables run in similar fashion?
A million thanks in advance, and if this has been asked a gazillion times, a million apologies as well...smile.gif)

If I understand correctly, your situation is like this.
1 dish, split into 2 decoder - 1 for you, another 1 for your in-laws.
Your decoder split into 2 TVs (using built-in RF converter or external converter?)

For splitting display, you can use current set up but need additional AV to RF converter with IR transmitter (but I think you have it now because you can use IR transmitter function).

The other thing since you have 2 decoder in your house, you need to run another cable from dish to byond decoder. You need to tell Astro about this when you subscribing to byond, they will install LNB with 2 output.

This post has been edited by eMKs: Jun 9 2010, 09:28 AM
eMKs
post Jan 27 2011, 11:23 AM

On my way
647 posts

Smoking (or even passive smoking) is in far greater risk to cancer icon_rolleyes.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0516sec    0.44    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:13 PM