Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V38, READ 1ST PAGE FOR TURBO SPEED INFO! (Unifi)

views

soonwai
post Dec 30 2020, 09:09 PM

8,374 posts

QUOTE(ahlong @ Dec 30 2020, 09:02 PM)
Im using hAP AC2 too.. but after STB (hypptv-whitebox) upgrade, its hard to established LAN to 100mbps for the 1st onward STB boot.. iif set auto-nego (everything default on hAP AC2), it only connected to 10mbps.. STB need 100mbps.. if i unset the auto-nego and only select 100M (full), it will retry until can established to 100M.. but it cant for now.. need to cabut lan cable, reconnect just it can success 100M.. reported to TM about this.. they cant proceed to my request like previous user here, direct vlan600 to BTU..

i already test with my previous MikroTik RB951, no problem at all.. happened only with my hAP AC2.. tried check incase the lan port kaput, everything ok connecting with other device..
Interesting. Some sort of hw incompatibility between the LAN ports of the hAP AC2 and the STB, I guess. My STB (also white Huawei one) is connected to my RB2011 so no probs here.

I suppose you have already tried a different cable?

This post has been edited by soonwai: Dec 30 2020, 09:11 PM
ahlong
post Dec 30 2020, 09:14 PM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(soonwai @ Dec 30 2020, 09:09 PM)
Interesting. Some sort of hw incompatibility between the LAN ports of the hAP AC2 and the STB, I guess. My STB (also white Huawei one) is connected to my RB2011 so no probs here.

I suppose you have already tried a different cable?
Ya, already tried with various type of cable cat5 cat5e cat6 all same problem..
Jaclow
post Dec 30 2020, 09:22 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

QUOTE(powerwoot @ Dec 30 2020, 02:37 PM)
TM just changed my BTU from Fiberhome to Huawei minutes ago. Had some problem activating the phone line config as any input can't be save successfully making it inactive after the next restart. I can feel the size is much bigger compare to my previous Fiberhome BTU.[attachmentid=10742725]
Is the chance to Huawei free?
Why suddenly change?

I'm using fiber home and have problems 2 times in a week oredi!!
cba5566
post Dec 30 2020, 09:24 PM

Casual
368 posts

QUOTE(doremon @ Dec 30 2020, 04:22 PM)
So far using 30mbps with iboite on live channels served we so well. 30mbps more than enough for me. Just need further discount hehe
Just need further upload speed . biggrin.gif
10M upload speed is not enough ...pls make it 30M upload speed .

haturaya
post Dec 30 2020, 09:43 PM

Regular
Group Icon
Elite
1,819 posts

QUOTE(winter01942 @ Dec 30 2020, 08:11 PM)
Just had the same thing happen to my Mikrotik setup as well

From yesterday onwards HyppTV was totally dead, no longer receiving anything from VLAN 600.
(Connection has been sketchy for the whole year, usually needing few resets on the STB to work)

Tried to tinker with the BTU unit but no success, hopefully can get them to come and set up in the same way as yours.

glad I found this information here  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif
QUOTE(soonwai @ Dec 30 2020, 08:49 PM)
Strange that only Mikrotik router users are reporting this. Anyway just fired my STB up and it’s still ok. Last used was a few weeks ago for the last F1 race. I’m using hAP AC2.
Im using hAP AC2 too.. but after STB (hypptv-whitebox) upgrade, its hard to established LAN to 100mbps for the 1st onward STB boot.. iif set auto-nego (everything default on hAP AC2), it only connected to 10mbps.. STB need 100mbps.. if i unset the auto-nego and only select 100M (full), it will retry until can established to 100M.. but it cant for now.. need to cabut lan cable, reconnect just it can success 100M.. reported to TM about this.. they cant proceed to my request like previous user here, direct vlan600 to BTU..

i already test with my previous MikroTik RB951, no problem at all.. happened only with my hAP AC2.. tried check incase the lan port kaput, everything ok connecting with other device..
Wah, I thought me & my friend the only one having VLAN 600 issues with Mikrotik. If you scan the VLAN 600, no packet at all or some tiny meaningless packet once in a while.

It used to work flawlesly. I think something change at the TM back end that cause this issue. Not Mikrotik directly (used to work okay).

Can lodge a report and when their technician come, straight ask to push VLAN 600 to ONU LAN 2. Citing my case, Shah Alam area. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by haturaya: Dec 30 2020, 09:51 PM
sparrowed
post Dec 30 2020, 09:47 PM

On my way
586 posts

QUOTE(man @ Dec 30 2020, 02:09 PM)
Finally got the rm99/m package. Thank you for sharing  thumbsup.gif .
Previously I was planning to get the Digi rm90/m package.
How do you get this price? why is the package so inconsistent in pricing.

powerwoot
post Dec 30 2020, 11:10 PM

讨厌的 ubuntu
2,816 posts

QUOTE(Jaclow @ Dec 30 2020, 09:22 PM)
Is the chance to Huawei free?
Why suddenly change?

I'm using fiber home and have problems 2 times in a week oredi!!
My Fiberhome ONU can't activate the phone setting, can't make call or receive call. When I restarted the ONU, all the previous phone setting wasn't there, zero. No LED at phone1 or phone2 port.
Once the installer confirmed that the BTU is at fault, they will change it depending what stock they have with them in their van. Luckily they carry 2 brands, ZTE and Huawei and the installer recommend Huawei model as he said more stable and durable. I said whatever lah, as long they are good.
man
post Dec 30 2020, 11:54 PM

Getting Started
251 posts

QUOTE(doremon @ Dec 30 2020, 02:38 PM)
And my 30mbps charged RM89.00 month how amazing is that
Add extra rm1/m can get digi 50mbps.

QUOTE(sparrowed @ Dec 30 2020, 09:47 PM)
Tm offer me the package after I request for termination.
soonwai
post Dec 31 2020, 12:22 AM

8,374 posts

QUOTE(haturaya @ Dec 30 2020, 09:43 PM)
Wah, I thought me & my friend the only one having VLAN 600 issues with Mikrotik. If you scan the VLAN 600, no packet at all or some tiny meaningless packet once in a while.

It used to work flawlesly. I think something change at the TM back end that cause this issue. Not Mikrotik directly (used to work okay).

Can lodge a report and when their technician come, straight ask to push VLAN 600 to ONU LAN 2. Citing my case, Shah Alam area.  biggrin.gif
Wonder if only certain area affected. Maybe the PPPoE concentrator misconfig or somehow made incompatible with Mikrotik.

I'm in Sungai Long. PPPoE Scan shows I'm using ibse01.bgi. I believe bgi is Bangi.

haturaya you're in Shah Alam. Is yours ibse02.klg ?

winter01942, ahlong, what about you guys?

This post has been edited by soonwai: Dec 31 2020, 12:23 AM
ahlong
post Dec 31 2020, 02:30 AM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(soonwai @ Dec 31 2020, 12:22 AM)
Wonder if only certain area affected. Maybe the PPPoE concentrator misconfig or somehow made incompatible with Mikrotik.

I'm in Sungai Long. PPPoE Scan shows I'm using ibse01.bgi. I believe bgi is Bangi.

Im with ibse03.wmu
haturaya
post Dec 31 2020, 08:43 AM

Regular
Group Icon
Elite
1,819 posts

Most probably. I've been using UniFi since 2013 (starting with that 10bmps plan), and use Mikrotik for nearly 2 years. Before that VLAN 600 issues, all was working perfectly.

Anyway, as long as can watch HyppTV, all good to go thumbsup.gif

Mine is ibse01.klj - where is it? hmm.gif
winter01942
post Dec 31 2020, 10:20 AM

Rating 5/5
839 posts

I didn't really investigate previously, but always needed to reboot STB many times, maybe due to the 10/100 mbps you mentioned, showing the green "Network unreachable" screen during boot

I'm still using the ancient silver STB

ibse04.wmu for me, Setapak area

my assumption was PPPoE is separate from the IPTV?

RB2011 btw

This post has been edited by winter01942: Dec 31 2020, 10:23 AM
dannychen
post Dec 31 2020, 11:02 AM

Regular
1,080 posts

QUOTE(man @ Dec 30 2020, 02:09 PM)
Finally got the rm99/m package. Thank you for sharing  thumbsup.gif .
Previously I was planning to get the Digi rm90/m package.
you are most welcome. I have managed to use the same old trick for my brother in law account as well.

QUOTE(sparrowed @ Dec 30 2020, 09:47 PM)
now only you know they have all these so called underground plans for different customers?

This post has been edited by dannychen: Dec 31 2020, 11:03 AM
hjack
post Dec 31 2020, 12:25 PM

Getting Started
100 posts

Guys, i tot STB always refer to Tv box not modem ? sweat.gif sweat.gif
winter01942
post Dec 31 2020, 01:06 PM

Rating 5/5
839 posts

QUOTE(hjack @ Dec 31 2020, 12:25 PM)
Guys, i tot STB always refer to Tv box not modem ?  sweat.gif  sweat.gif
yup Set Top Box (STB) = TV Box
Pop The Bubbles
post Dec 31 2020, 01:56 PM

Getting Started
209 posts

Hi, anyone know why some of the pc unable to connect to the internet in the similar network.

I was only able to connect with the internet with automatically detect settings for proxy server is turned off for the affected pc.

Was able to ping Google or YouTube even if the browser shows no internet.

The unaffected pc is remained with automatically proxy server turned on.

Kinda weird as the problem just arised yesterday with no software or hardware changed.

Not sure if this is related to unifi.

This post has been edited by Pop The Bubbles: Dec 31 2020, 02:01 PM
winter01942
post Dec 31 2020, 02:48 PM

Rating 5/5
839 posts

QUOTE(Pop The Bubbles @ Dec 31 2020, 01:56 PM)
Hi, anyone know why some of the pc unable to connect to the internet in the similar network.

I was only able to connect with the internet with automatically detect settings for proxy server is turned off for the affected pc.

Kinda weird as the problem just arised yesterday with no software or hardware changed.

do you mean that the PC that cannot connect has a proxy set up?

Attached Image

from what i know there are malware that will try to set this proxy up, but I'm not 100% sure for your case
velarous
post Dec 31 2020, 03:08 PM

34 posts

Any Sifu here know how to properly complain to TM?

I've had slow internet since xmas afternoon. 800MB plan but only getting 1Mbps. Complained to Unifi and technician came on 26th (the next day). He went to look at the connection outside the house and disappeared without a word. Then i noticed my internet was fully disconnected.

I called them back and they said another team needs to come because it's a splitter problem and they will update accordingly.

It has been 6 days now and every day i follow up with the hotline and i get the same answers. "We have escalated your issue urgently, please wait for technical team feedback."

Then Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday i get a call every evening from them (03-27279100) saying "tomorrow we'll update you, we are trying to chase the contractor for feedback" I can't call that number back.

What more can i do guys? I've called them 2-3 times everyday since monday.

It's going to be 2 long weekends without internet. But more importantly it's making it very hard to work from home. My office floor has had covid cases last week and I am being ordered in if I can't fulfil work obligations at home. My 4G coverage is horrible at home btw.
QuantumEdge
post Dec 31 2020, 03:18 PM

On my way
501 posts

QUOTE(Pop The Bubbles @ Dec 31 2020, 01:56 PM)

Stock orange color Netis router right?
ideaplus
post Dec 31 2020, 03:22 PM

On my way
504 posts

QUOTE(velarous @ Dec 31 2020, 03:08 PM)
Any Sifu here know how to properly complain to TM?

I've had slow internet since xmas afternoon. 800MB plan but only getting 1Mbps. Complained to Unifi and technician came on 26th (the next day). He went to look at the connection outside the house and disappeared without a word. Then i noticed my internet was fully disconnected.

I called them back and they said another team needs to come because it's a splitter problem and they will update accordingly.

It has been  6 days now and every day i follow up with the hotline and i get the same answers. "We have escalated your issue urgently, please wait for technical team feedback."

Then Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday i get a call every evening from them (03-27279100) saying "tomorrow we'll update you, we are trying to chase the contractor for feedback" I can't call that number back.

What more can i do guys? I've called them 2-3 times everyday since monday.

It's going to be 2 long weekends without internet. But more importantly it's making it very hard to work from home. My office floor has had covid cases last week and I am being ordered in if I can't fulfil work obligations at home. My 4G coverage is horrible at home btw.
Any planning to try MCMC even i know not all issues must be go thry MCMC? But i don't think got any effective channel for us to submit the complaint. MCMC is the last resort for us to fight our right

377 Pages « < 373 374 375 376 377 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0257sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th July 2021 - 05:39 AM