Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V38, READ 1ST PAGE FOR TURBO SPEED INFO! (Unifi)

views

TSSilentVampire
post Dec 31 2020, 04:21 PM

Networking Enthusiast
5,644 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Dec 29 2020, 11:25 PM)
What are the changes for new unifi user who going to register next year ?

Just wanted to get any change on their hidden T&C

1.BTU and router given for 30mbps ,100mbps , 300mbps and etc
2.What other Promotion offer next year or this year end ? for official and agent side ?
3.Any pricing and speed changes ? free turbo and etc ?
4.Still monthly penalty when termination  ?
5.HyppTV still on ?

SilentVampire , At the isntalltion guide , does TM normally gives out BTU/ONU password to access our BTU ? and router admin password ?
For New user register or faulty BTU change.
No, they don’t usually give you access to BTU/ONU. They do give you router username and password, but just to be safe, be sure to ask for that information as well as information on your PPPoE username and password.
velarous
post Dec 31 2020, 05:33 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(ideaplus @ Dec 31 2020, 03:22 PM)
Any planning to try MCMC even i know not all issues must be go thry MCMC? But i don't think got any effective channel for us to submit the complaint. MCMC is the last resort for us to fight our right
I’ve messaged Mcmc yesterday. No reply lol.

Honestly I just want a damn dateline. Been waiting at home like a loser just in case they call/want to visit the house.

I called them again an hour ago because I got the sms saying problem resolved. Case closed. Reply yes/no if got further issues.

Obviously not fixed yet. The CS officer also surprised case marked as resolved when he can clearly see still no connection. I don’t know wtf is going on anymore.
YoungMan
post Dec 31 2020, 05:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,470 posts

QUOTE(velarous @ Dec 31 2020, 04:08 PM)
Any Sifu here know how to properly complain to TM?

I've had slow internet since xmas afternoon. 800MB plan but only getting 1Mbps. Complained to Unifi and technician came on 26th (the next day). He went to look at the connection outside the house and disappeared without a word. Then i noticed my internet was fully disconnected.

I called them back and they said another team needs to come because it's a splitter problem and they will update accordingly.

It has been  6 days now and every day i follow up with the hotline and i get the same answers. "We have escalated your issue urgently, please wait for technical team feedback."

Then Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday i get a call every evening from them (03-27279100) saying "tomorrow we'll update you, we are trying to chase the contractor for feedback" I can't call that number back.

What more can i do guys? I've called them 2-3 times everyday since monday.

It's going to be 2 long weekends without internet. But more importantly it's making it very hard to work from home. My office floor has had covid cases last week and I am being ordered in if I can't fulfil work obligations at home. My 4G coverage is horrible at home btw.
Go and report to MCMC. Also claim rebate for the 2 weeks that you can't use the internet.
velarous
post Dec 31 2020, 05:42 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(YoungMan @ Dec 31 2020, 05:35 PM)
Go and report to MCMC. Also claim rebate for the 2 weeks that you can't use the internet.
I did mcmc yesterday. Waiting for response.

I asked for rebate and they said can only request once issue is resolved. Bloody hell. My contract is up next month some more. Going to ask for further discount or not will port out.
Pop The Bubbles
post Dec 31 2020, 09:24 PM

Getting Started
209 posts

QUOTE(winter01942 @ Dec 31 2020, 02:48 PM)
do you mean that the PC that cannot connect has a proxy set up?

[attachmentid=10744203]

from what i know there are malware that will try to set this proxy up, but I'm not 100% sure for your case
Have to untick automatically detect setting to browse internet. Will try to scan malware later.
Pop The Bubbles
post Dec 31 2020, 09:26 PM

Getting Started
209 posts

QUOTE(QuantumEdge @ Dec 31 2020, 03:18 PM)
Stock orange color Netis router right?
Very old modem, stock white modem with router combo. Lol.
QuantumEdge
post Dec 31 2020, 09:44 PM

On my way
501 posts

QUOTE(Pop The Bubbles @ Dec 31 2020, 09:26 PM)
Very old modem, stock white modem with router combo. Lol.
Might be a broken router, swap it out for something new
One of my friends got similar issues as yours, but he was on Netis. He swapped it our something else, fixed all the issues.
Maxieos
post Dec 31 2020, 09:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,503 posts

QUOTE(SilentVampire @ Dec 31 2020, 04:21 PM)
No, they don’t usually give you access to BTU/ONU. They do give you router username and password, but just to be safe, be sure to ask for that information as well as information on your PPPoE username and password.
If they did not give , do we have the right to keep on asking ? because I saw there is a function on BTU which can auto restart BTU schedule on certain time.

btw ,I have question for those who install unifi.

Price asking TM to change BTU location or modem .lets say placing it at living room but later wanted to put at the room.
How much does TM will ask to relocate the BTU ?

Somehow , if we have optical splicing machine , i think we can DIY. Too bad , the splicing machine cost few K.If it's cheap will also buy it too.

orangubat
post Jan 1 2021, 11:26 AM

40 posts

QUOTE(man @ Dec 30 2020, 11:54 PM)
Add extra rm1/m can get  digi 50mbps.
Tm offer me the package after I request for termination.
Did you threaten to terminate over the phone or at the TM centre? Looks like I mush do that to get back my discount...
dannychen
post Jan 1 2021, 03:40 PM

Regular
1,080 posts

QUOTE(orangubat @ Jan 1 2021, 11:26 AM)
Did you threaten to terminate over the phone or at the TM centre? Looks like I mush do that to get back my discount...
Just submit your termination request at their portal and they will call you on 7th working days to offer.
TSSilentVampire
post Jan 1 2021, 04:42 PM

Networking Enthusiast
5,644 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Dec 31 2020, 09:51 PM)
If they did not give , do we have the right to keep on asking ? because I saw there is a function on BTU which can auto restart BTU schedule on certain time.

Price asking TM to change BTU location or modem .lets say placing it at living room but later wanted to put at the room.

Somehow , if we have optical splicing machine , i think we can DIY. Too bad , the splicing machine cost few K.If it's cheap will also buy it too.
Yes, you can ask but why would you want to restart BTU? It is quite stable.

You have to discuss with TM contractor about relocating BTU.
man
post Jan 1 2021, 09:30 PM

Getting Started
251 posts

QUOTE(orangubat @ Jan 1 2021, 11:26 AM)
QUOTE(dannychen @ Jan 1 2021, 03:40 PM)
Just submit your termination request at their portal and they will call you on 7th working days to offer.
Yea, I have try the hard way by calling, chatting and went directly to tmpoint, nothing work. biggrin.gif
Candy12
post Jan 1 2021, 11:56 PM

Regular
1,842 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Dec 31 2020, 09:51 PM)

The TM installers who came to my place almost 2 years ago just pulled the cable and then cleave the fiber using mechanical tool then applied a fast connector to connect to the modem where got use fusion splicing tool?
One end connect the FDP box port the other end just plug straight into the modem. Brainless work, no FWS whatsoever.

You can order your desired length of fibre cable from Lapsapda/Shoppe and engage a installer to rewire your home.10M? 20M? 30M upto 100M with or without connectors at both ends or just one end the other ask the installer to use a fast connector instead. Should cost less than RM2 a meter.
Guenhwyvar
post Jan 1 2021, 11:59 PM

Might be on tilt. Might be, I don't care.
1,629 posts

QUOTE(SilentVampire @ Dec 31 2020, 04:21 PM)
Hi there, I have a question to clarify about the router password given by TM, is it an one time password or it remains the same until it being asked again by the owner? Say if I want to change to another router, can I still use the same password? Thank you. smile.gif
nyunyu
post Jan 2 2021, 12:02 AM

His Royal Highness
1,295 posts

QUOTE(Guenhwyvar @ Jan 1 2021, 11:59 PM)
Hi there, I have a question to clarify about the router password given by TM, is it an one time password or it remains the same until it being asked again by the owner?  Say if I want to change to another router, can I still use the same password? Thank you.  smile.gif
Router password or PPPOE password?
Router password you can change anytime, PPPOE password should be always the same.
fruitie
post Jan 2 2021, 12:04 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
65,069 posts

QUOTE(Guenhwyvar @ Jan 1 2021, 11:59 PM)
Hi there, I have a question to clarify about the router password given by TM, is it an one time password or it remains the same until it being asked again by the owner?  Say if I want to change to another router, can I still use the same password? Thank you.  smile.gif
Yes. Same password so keep it well. I think you meant PPOEE?

This post has been edited by fruitie: Jan 2 2021, 12:05 AM
Guenhwyvar
post Jan 2 2021, 12:04 AM

1,629 posts

QUOTE(nyunyu @ Jan 2 2021, 12:02 AM)
Router password or PPPOE password?
Router password you can change anytime, PPPOE password should be always the same.
Um... sorry I'm not that familiar, but given by TM when I said I planned to upgrade my router. unsure.gif
fruitie
post Jan 2 2021, 12:05 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
65,069 posts

QUOTE(Guenhwyvar @ Jan 2 2021, 12:04 AM)
Um... sorry I'm not that familiar, but given by TM  when I said I planned to upgrade my router.  unsure.gif
PPOEE is needed when you change router.
Guenhwyvar
post Jan 2 2021, 12:11 AM

1,629 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Jan 2 2021, 12:05 AM)
PPOEE is needed when you change router.
Thanks for clarifying nyunyu & fruitie! notworthy.gif
Maxieos
post Jan 2 2021, 06:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,503 posts

QUOTE(SilentVampire @ Jan 1 2021, 04:42 PM)
Yes, you can ask but why would you want to restart BTU? It is quite stable.
You have to discuss with TM contractor about relocating BTU.
As for lowest rm69 promotion packages 30mb , what BTU did we get ? ( i did ask at previous post https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=findpost&pid=99428755 )

I read some of the post here , TM give us some cheap BTU and router.If you don't put a fan or restart them both a few times a every week , we will be getting slow connection.

Also , i see read a user post saying if BTU spoil need to pay to buy a new one and do own setting.
At BTU what setting we can change if connection slow ? if getting a new BTU from shope or laz ? must certified by unifi ? what setting to match the current BTU setting ?

Does resetting port = restart BTU ? because mostly on tech support 100 call by TM always asked to turn off the BTU.
Overall reason is have faster connection without overheat but turning off the BTU does help sometimes.
QUOTE(Candy12 @ Jan 1 2021, 11:56 PM)
The TM installers who came to my place almost 2 years ago just pulled the cable and then cleave the fiber using mechanical tool then applied a fast connector to connect to the modem where got use fusion splicing tool?
One end connect the FDP box port the other end just plug straight into the modem. Brainless work, no FWS whatsoever.

You can order your desired length of fibre cable from Lapsapda/Shoppe and engage a installer to rewire your home.10M? 20M? 30M upto 100M with or without connectors at both ends or just one end the other ask the installer to use a fast connector instead. Should cost less than RM2 a meter.
Can we extend a fast connector from one end to the other end ?
Just wanted to extend the the fiber connect to BTU to other location temporary.Need to use the wall plug for other usage for a week, but the connector connect to BTU is just 1 meter length.

What kind of adapter standard Unifi is using ? just want to extend it temporary.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
How much does it cost ?

Buy an adapter and fiber cable connect both and I can move the BTU futher to other place.

377 Pages « < 374 375 376 377 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0261sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th July 2021 - 07:26 AM