Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

259 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom
Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Boost App Discussion Thread V2, Malaysia's Own Rewarding E-Wallet (e-Wallet)

fruitie
post Nov 25 2018, 05:41 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Group: Staff

QUOTE(cybpsych @ Nov 25 2018, 05:13 PM)
iirc, hye did mention on ewallet TS to apply for topic creation. not sure the progress nowadays since few ewallet are getting off the ground with active discussions and promotions from emoney issuers.

e.g.

Boost, previously in /kopitiam, now in here  thumbup.gif
TNG eWallet, slowly taking traction, currently lightly discussed in TNG Card topic
WeChat MY, already in progress here
BigPay in CC thread, some see it as either ewallet or prepaid card
GrabPay, little to none discussion. Fave, not sure if it's even considered as ewallet at all

should mods/admin create subforum for all ewallet discussions or keep as individual ewallet topics; either in Finance subforum or in CC subforum  hmm.gif
I may have overlooked but I don't think he is one of the mods for this section. Only for CC sub-section I think. Anyway, since FusionX has created e-wallet tag in this section, I don't see why one cannot open here?

xperiaDROID, please tag this thread under e-wallet.
wtw0911
post Nov 25 2018, 06:21 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

I just went to one 99 speedmart trying to use boost for payment. The manager was in the store but she asked “tak boleh guna cash me” in a somehow rude way. And I am still thinking that the cashier there has been trained now since it is already quite some time since 99speedmart is boosted
xperiaDROID
post Nov 25 2018, 06:36 PM

K
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(fruitie @ Nov 25 2018, 05:41 PM)
I may have overlooked but I don't think he is one of the mods for this section. Only for CC sub-section I think. Anyway, since FusionX has created e-wallet tag in this section, I don't see why one cannot open here?

Silly me, I just noticed that I can tag the thread myself.

Previously many told me to tag hye for that.

QUOTE(wtw0911 @ Nov 25 2018, 06:21 PM)
I just went to one 99 speedmart trying to use boost for payment. The manager was in the store but she asked “tak boleh guna cash me” in a somehow rude way. And I am still thinking that the cashier there has been trained now since it is already quite some time since 99speedmart is boosted
I would say give up on paying with Boost in 99 speedmart, according to many who tried it, only 1/10 times is successful.

You can try reporting though.

soonwai
post Nov 25 2018, 06:42 PM

Wonder when the 11street RM5 and RM15 Cashback will be released? Still nothing yet.
cybpsych
post Nov 25 2018, 06:43 PM

---------------------

QUOTE(fruitie @ Nov 25 2018, 05:41 PM)

yes this section not monitored by hye but cherroy who actively monitoring Finance subforum, however it was hye who mentioned the ewallet/fintech topics creation here.

anyhow, let's see how this progresses biggrin.gif

just experienced it. 99speedmart's implementation not proper. i purchased bread this afternoon. need to switch counters because they only allocate 1 counter (with 1 smartphone) for boost payment doh.gif

QUOTE(xperiaDROID @ Nov 25 2018, 06:36 PM)
Silly me, I just noticed that I can tag the thread myself.

Previously many told me to tag hye for that.
no worries lah, we hope for a healthy discussion topic thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by cybpsych: Nov 25 2018, 06:45 PM
alexwsk
post Nov 25 2018, 07:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!

then you answer la, can gv me cb RM1 laugh.gif
complain to boost about their merchants attitude, if don't want accept don't join as merchant
NightFelix
post Nov 25 2018, 07:25 PM

Samsung Exynos

Yeah. I probably replied the same.

"Kalau u kasi I discount I pakai cash. Kalau x boleh, I nak pakai eWallet. Kalau masih x bagi pakai. I nak nama you manager kasi report HQ."

This post has been edited by NightFelix: Nov 25 2018, 07:26 PM
fruitie
post Nov 25 2018, 07:25 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Group: Staff

Yes, agreed to complain to Boost beramai-ramai and let Boost know about the "incompetence" of 99 Speedmart as a Boost merchant. Maybe Boost can arrange intensive training for them. rolleyes.gif
Leroi2x
post Nov 25 2018, 07:39 PM

Casual

Boost no more voucher for 11st
Which rm45 to get rm50 ?
Only saw the rm20
car_computer
post Nov 25 2018, 08:04 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(talexeh @ Nov 25 2018, 04:02 PM)
I only pay for Fave using Boost once my AMEX quota has been filled up.
use fave-amex on weekends and fave-boost on weekdays

today i just used boost for Rm60 purchase in 11street. lousy shake reward at Rm1 ( equivalent to 1.67% cb). if not because of the Rm5 cb promo for Rm60 in 11street, i normally amex for confirmed 5% cb on weekend.

QUOTE(xperiaDROID @ Nov 25 2018, 05:28 PM)
I'll try fully update the thread tonight, sorry if it looks rushed.

If you have any suggestions on what to add, do post here and lemme know. smile.gif
to include info about wallet topup/spending/withdrawal limit for standard and premium accounts, so that newbies can just refer to the 1st page and no need to ask so many times here.

QUOTE(cybpsych @ Nov 25 2018, 05:36 PM)
I saw v1 already closed.

also fave doesnt seems to store monetary value, just cc bypass. not really true ewallet. agreed, more like payment app.
for fave, all cb and refund money go automatically to ”my cashback” section, similar to lazada

let’s report to boost
i’ve done this a few times

QUOTE(Leroi2x @ Nov 25 2018, 07:39 PM)
Boost no more voucher for 11st
Which rm45 to get rm50 ?
Only saw the rm20
it is probably sold out
however, boost always replenishes 11street vouchers

MGM
post Nov 25 2018, 08:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(car_computer @ Nov 25 2018, 08:04 PM)

today i just used boost for Rm60 purchase in 11street. lousy shake reward at Rm1 ( equivalent to 1.67% cb). if not because of the Rm5 cb promo for Rm60 in 11street, i normally amex for confirmed 5% cb on weekend.
to include info about wallet topup/spending/withdrawal limit for standard and premium accounts, so that newbies can just refer to the 1st page and no need to ask so many times here.
for fave, all cb and refund money go automatically to ”my cashback” section, similar to lazada
let’s report to boost
i’ve done this a few times
it is probably sold out
however, boost always replenishes 11street vouchers
If I have Fave credits in my account, can I use them to topup my Boost account, and how to do it?
imap.cc
post Nov 25 2018, 08:15 PM

Casual

QUOTE(MGM @ Nov 25 2018, 08:10 PM)
If I have Fave credits in my account, can I use them to topup my Boost account, and how to do it?
No way. You can't even use any Fave promo code and enjoy cashback if pay with Fave credits.

While Boost and T&G apps, you can use cashback to pay and earn cashback.

This post has been edited by imap.cc: Nov 25 2018, 08:15 PM
David83
post Nov 25 2018, 08:19 PM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon
Group: Elite

Fave cash back is troublesome.
It has two types: general cash back and merchant specific cash back.
MGM
post Nov 25 2018, 08:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(imap.cc @ Nov 25 2018, 08:15 PM)
No way. You can't even use any Fave promo code and enjoy cashback if pay with Fave credits.

Sorry I misunderstood what car_computer said "use fave-amex on weekends and fave-boost on weekdays".
So it is buy Fave but pay with Amex on weekend n pay with Boost on weekdays.

cybpsych
post Nov 25 2018, 08:54 PM

---------------------

QUOTE(imap.cc @ Nov 25 2018, 08:15 PM)

there are differences between open-loop and close-loop mobile payment apps/systems.

those with close-loop is whereby the "money" and earned cashback/reward must be used for its own (merchant-specific). e.g. starbucks reward card. nobody called it ewallet. reason is you reload into it, use within sbux, and earn rewards within sbux too. you cannot use sbux credit for other things. iinm, fave and lazada wallet is the same. fave charge via cc passthrough. the new petronas setel app is the same too, can only use to pump at petronas, nothing else.

those truly ewallet is whereby it's open-loop, the credit/rewards can be used outside of its own domain/ecosystem. e.g. boost, tng ewallet, grabpay etc.

This post has been edited by cybpsych: Nov 25 2018, 08:58 PM
ryan18
post Nov 25 2018, 08:55 PM

Regular

Caring pharmacy can also pay by boost now however seems that only 1 counter is able to process boost payment
David83
post Nov 25 2018, 09:00 PM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon
Group: Elite

QUOTE(ryan18 @ Nov 25 2018, 08:55 PM)
Caring pharmacy can also pay by boost now however seems that only 1 counter is able to process boost payment

Are they using smartphone or tablet?
If they're using CC terminal extension like GHL at Tesco, then more counters can support.
xperiaDROID
post Nov 25 2018, 09:04 PM

K

QUOTE(David83 @ Nov 25 2018, 09:00 PM)
Are they using smartphone or tablet?
If they're using CC terminal extension like GHL at Tesco, then more counters can support.
Caring Pharmacy is using Mpay terminal if I remember correctly.
xperiaDROID
post Nov 25 2018, 09:06 PM

K

Noted, thanks for the suggestion.
car_computer
post Nov 25 2018, 09:31 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(MGM @ Nov 25 2018, 08:10 PM)
QUOTE(David83 @ Nov 25 2018, 08:19 PM)
Fave cash back is troublesome.
It has two types: general cash back and merchant specific cash back.
ya... in the beginning i was very confused about fave cb and also favedeal vs favepay
through some mistakes made and frequent usages nowadays, i am rather familar with fave

favedeal cb goes to “fave cashback” section, which will be given after 3 days, and will be automatically used to offset next favedeal or favepay transaction.

favepay cb goes to “partner cashback” section instantly, which will be used for next purchase in the same specific merchant/brand (acceptable in different outlets, but must be under the same merchant brand ). partner cb is kinda useless if u dont go back to the same merchant.

i use fave-boost for weekdays and fave-amex for weekends to optimize cb

anyway off topic here. hope there is a dedicated fave thread to discuss favepay and favedeal, and also fave discount codes smile.gif

259 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0990sec    8.52    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th March 2019 - 11:57 AM