Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

177 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

e-Wallet Wechat Pay (MY) Discussion Thread V1, Officially launched!

views

TSxperiaDROID
post Jun 5 2018, 09:34 PM

K
3,964 posts

QUOTE(kclamtarc @ Jun 5 2018, 09:20 PM)
can already. I dont know how to put image over here. But my phone now is already showing the hongbao with MYR.
Problem is that there's no hongbao option for newly activated users. However, I did see that during the identity verification process, there's the "red packet" option in "Use of Funds". So, I suppose it will be available soon for Malaysia Wallet.

Btw, are you using PC or phone? Maybe I can guide you on how to post images here if you're interested.

QUOTE(ming86 @ Jun 5 2018, 09:26 PM)
More screenshot...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

QUOTE(kclamtarc @ Jun 5 2018, 09:28 PM)
According to the popup page in WeChat, the money in our WeChat Wallet can be transferred back to bank account. The scenario is, if somehow some bad guy got out phone and somehow know our password, so he can easily transfer the money to his bank account. If we perform the personal info verification step, then the wallet money can only be transferred back to our own account, and not any other account. It's security purposes la.
I filled in everything to verify identification but until the last page, I couldn't receive SMS code which I have tried like 4 times until it notified me to try again later. Damn.

This post has been edited by xperiaDROID: Jun 5 2018, 09:36 PM
mamamia
post Jun 5 2018, 09:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,928 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Jun 5 2018, 08:33 PM)
Looked everywhere!
[attachmentid=9842990][attachmentid=9842991]
Mine also same as urs, can’t create wallet also.. n my wechat don have wallet, need to use search function only can go to this page..

Btw, if I have wallet MY, can I use it at China? Is it something like BigPay usage too? Top up in MYR, but can be used at oversea at any currency as long as they accept wechat pay?
TSxperiaDROID
post Jun 5 2018, 09:40 PM

K
3,964 posts

QUOTE(mamamia @ Jun 5 2018, 09:37 PM)
Mine also same as urs, can’t create wallet also.. n my wechat don have wallet, need to use search function only can go to this page..
Btw, if I have wallet MY, can I use it at China? Is it something like BigPay usage too? Top up in MYR, but can be used at oversea at any currency as long as they accept wechat pay?
Unfortunately no, at least for the time being. China and Malaysia Wallet operate separately as for now.

BigPay is a totally different payment system as it uses Mastercard and it's a prepaid card.

This post has been edited by xperiaDROID: Jun 5 2018, 09:41 PM
kclamtarc
post Jun 5 2018, 09:43 PM

Casual
388 posts

QUOTE(xperiaDROID @ Jun 5 2018, 09:34 PM)
Problem is that there's no hongbao option for newly activated users. However, I did see that during the identity verification process, there's the "red packet" option in "Use of Funds". So, I suppose it will be available soon for Malaysia Wallet.

Btw, are you using PC or phone? Maybe I can guide you on how to post images here if you're interested.
I filled in everything to verify identification but until the last page, I couldn't receive SMS code which I have tried like 4 times until it notified me to try again later. Damn.
One technique is that, you can ask your friend to send you a Hongbao, once the Hongbao appears at your end and you click on it, the Hongbao function will appear in your WeChat.

Thanks! I am using PC rclxms.gif
TSxperiaDROID
post Jun 5 2018, 09:52 PM

K
3,964 posts

QUOTE(kclamtarc @ Jun 5 2018, 09:43 PM)
One technique is that, you can ask your friend to send you a Hongbao, once the Hongbao appears at your end and you click on it, the Hongbao function will appear in your WeChat.

Thanks! I am using PC  rclxms.gif
Thanks, I'll try asking one of my friend tomorrow.

To post an image here,
1. Reply to a post or scroll down to the bottom of the bar and click "More option"
2. Once you're in the reply mode, scroll down a bit and look for "File Attachments" section
3. Click "Choose file" and choose the image you wanna post and click "Open" and then click "Add This Attachment"
4. Check the "File Attachments" section and you will see the image file being listed, beside that, click "Add into post" and then you will see the attachment tag in your post
5. Post the comment.
fruitie
post Jun 5 2018, 10:04 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,988 posts

For those able to switch to WeChat Pay Malaysia, may I know if you have tied your account with your mobile no.?

I don't tie to any mobile no., not sure if that affects.
SUSDavid83
post Jun 5 2018, 10:06 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Jun 5 2018, 10:04 PM)
For those able to switch to WeChat Pay Malaysia, may I know if you have tied your account with your mobile no.?

My account is tied to mobile number.
I don't think this is the issue.
ck_tonny
post Jun 5 2018, 10:07 PM

Casual
399 posts

Yes i had my mobile number tied with wechat, and region in my profile set to Kuala Lumpur.
fruitie
post Jun 5 2018, 10:08 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,988 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Jun 5 2018, 10:06 PM)
My account is tied to mobile number.
I don't think this is the issue.
OK, then this is not the factor.

I will wait till one fine day it comes to my account then.
kclamtarc
post Jun 5 2018, 10:09 PM

Casual
388 posts

QUOTE(xperiaDROID @ Jun 5 2018, 09:52 PM)
Thanks, I'll try asking one of my friend tomorrow.

To post an image here,
1. Reply to a post or scroll down to the bottom of the bar and click "More option"
2. Once you're in the reply mode, scroll down a bit and look for "File Attachments" section
3. Click "Choose file" and choose the image you wanna post and click "Open" and then click "Add This Attachment"
4. Check the "File Attachments" section and you will see the image file being listed, beside that, click "Add into post" and then you will see the attachment tag in your post
5. Post the comment.
Thanks, but it seems that there is no "File Attachment" option in my browser. Dont know why. I have searched thoroughly

By the way, just wanna share that if you still cannot get the SMS reply, try go to the 3 dots > FAQ > Account and Security > overview > "Why cant my friends see the WeChat Pay MY Wallet". Over there you can scan the official Account of WeChat Pay Malaysia, and tell them your problem
kclamtarc
post Jun 5 2018, 10:10 PM

Casual
388 posts

Yes, that is one of the reasons. try go to the 3 dots > FAQ > Account and Security > overview > "Why cant my friends see the WeChat Pay MY Wallet"
fruitie
post Jun 5 2018, 10:12 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,988 posts

QUOTE(ck_tonny @ Jun 5 2018, 10:07 PM)
Yes i had my mobile number tied with wechat, and region in my profile set to Kuala Lumpur.
Mine is always in Kuala Lumpur but doesn't help. David83 tied his mobile no. to WeChat account but cannot switch as well, so I don't think and hope that doesn't play a role. I'm not a fan of tying mobile no. to my WeChat.

I actually registered my WeChat account when I was in China 5 years ago, I hope that doesn't affect. laugh.gif
ming86
post Jun 5 2018, 10:15 PM

Casual
438 posts

My WeChat account is tied to my mobile number.
kclamtarc
post Jun 5 2018, 10:17 PM

Casual
388 posts

yes mine is tied to my hp num
fruitie
post Jun 5 2018, 10:19 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,988 posts

QUOTE(kclamtarc @ Jun 5 2018, 10:10 PM)
Yes, that is one of the reasons. try go to the 3 dots > FAQ > Account and Security > overview > "Why cant my friends see the WeChat Pay MY Wallet"
I believe this set of FAQ can only be viewed after your Malaysia Wallet appears. wink.gif

QUOTE(ming86 @ Jun 5 2018, 10:15 PM)
My WeChat account is tied to my mobile number.
OK la. Then looks like I will need to tie. biggrin.gif
No effect to China Wallet right? To me priority is the China Wallet because I travel to China quite often and will require to use this wallet.
kclamtarc
post Jun 5 2018, 10:24 PM

Casual
388 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Jun 5 2018, 10:19 PM)
I believe this set of FAQ can only be viewed after your Malaysia Wallet appears. wink.gif
OK la. Then looks like I will need to tie. biggrin.gif
No effect to China Wallet right? To me priority is the China Wallet because I travel to China quite often and will require to use this wallet.
oh, sorry about that. I copy and paste here:

Why can’t my friend see the WeChat Pay MY Wallet?
The WeChat Pay MY Wallet is available in WeChat 6.3.13 or above. Please tell your friend to update WeChat to the latest version.
In addition, as required by Bank Negara Malaysia, the WeChat Pay MY Wallet is only available to WeChat users who registered with a Malaysian mobile number or those resident in Malaysia at the time of registration. If your friend has previously used the Weixin Wallet in China, he or she can try switching the Wallet region by tapping "Me" -> "Wallet" -> "..." (in the top right corner) -> "Switch Wallet Region", and selecting Malaysia.
If your friend has done the above but still fails to see the WeChat Pay MY Wallet, please ask him or her to follow the WeChat Pay MY Official Account and select “Support" -> "Enable Wallet" to report the problem to us. Our customer service team will respond within two business days. You canTap and hold the following picture, then select "Follow" to follow the Official Account.

scan the QRcode of the official account here:
https://kf.qq.com/touch/sappfaq/180519Mjy6f...tml?platform=14

(sorry, my PC just does not allow me to insert image!!! ) vmad.gif

This post has been edited by kclamtarc: Jun 5 2018, 10:26 PM
fruitie
post Jun 5 2018, 10:26 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,988 posts

QUOTE(kclamtarc @ Jun 5 2018, 10:24 PM)
oh, sorry about that. I copy and paste here:

Why can’t my friend see the WeChat Pay MY Wallet?
The WeChat Pay MY Wallet is available in WeChat 6.3.13 or above.  Please tell your friend to update WeChat to the latest version. 
In addition, as required by Bank Negara Malaysia, the WeChat Pay MY Wallet is only available to WeChat users who registered with a Malaysian mobile number or those resident in Malaysia at the time of registration. If your friend has previously used the Weixin Wallet in China, he or she can try switching the Wallet region by tapping "Me" -> "Wallet" -> "..." (in the top right corner) -> "Switch Wallet Region", and selecting Malaysia.
If your friend has done the above but still fails to see the WeChat Pay MY Wallet, please ask him or her to follow the WeChat Pay MY Official Account and select “Support" -> "Enable Wallet" to report the problem to us. Our customer service team will respond within two business days. You canTap and hold the following picture, then select "Follow" to follow the Official Account.
Thanks for the information! Now this piece of information will help. biggrin.gif
ming86
post Jun 5 2018, 10:27 PM

Casual
438 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Jun 5 2018, 10:19 PM)
I think no effect, my China Wallet is fine (no problem receive HongBao), never go to China though biggrin.gif .
tanaumaga
post Jun 5 2018, 10:31 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(ming86 @ Jun 5 2018, 10:27 PM)
I think no effect, my China Wallet is fine (no problem receive HongBao), never go to China though  biggrin.gif .
so ur wallet is showing balance in both currency?
jayko
post Jun 5 2018, 10:32 PM

Casual
417 posts

Up for we chat. Already been using we chat pay and alipay since 2016. Lol

177 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0136sec    0.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:54 PM