Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1534 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

FundSuperMart v18 (FSM) MY : Online UT Platform, UT DIY : Babystep to Investing :D

views

xuzen
post Feb 9 2017, 03:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,436 posts

QUOTE(wayne84 @ Feb 9 2017, 03:21 PM)
ur Algozen say ok to sai lang ??
Yes and this is what scares me....

I need to use my wisdom and human intellect on this.

On one hand the numbers inputted into Algozen™ is saying sai-lang into Asia Pac ex Japan.....

On another hand my fear factor is making me hold back (after all I am still a human not robot, meaning I still possess greed and fear).

Xuzen

drew86
post Feb 9 2017, 04:04 PM

Getting Started
197 posts

QUOTE(xuzen @ Feb 9 2017, 03:59 PM)

On one hand the numbers inputted into Algozen™ is saying sai-lang into Asia Pac ex Japan.....

On another hand my fear factor is making me hold back (after all I am still a human not robot, meaning I still possess greed and fear).

Xuzen
Good to still be human. After all the market reacts rather strongly to psychology and sentiments.
spiderman17
post Feb 9 2017, 05:19 PM

Casual
308 posts

Xuzen
How often do you speak to algozen? Monthly? Weekly?
If on the next session it still says the same thing, maybe we should all sailang laugh.gif
wayne84
post Feb 9 2017, 06:03 PM

Casual
463 posts

Xuzen
Hehehe.. many ppl tailgate u. my portfolio is on heavy apac ex jp. 40% on this region btw... sai or not sai lang stil the same.

My emerging market fund also on steriod recently...scary

OptimusStar
post Feb 9 2017, 06:25 PM

Enthusiast
800 posts

Guys , need some advice here.
I have invested same amount in both CIMB Titans and AP means my investment portfolio is 50% 50%/ . Now the NAV value is 20% higher, and for both fund there was no distribution last year. I understand from this forum if the price drop next year, i dont get anything

So in my current situation , what should i do? Since the NAV price is high now, i think it doesnt make sense to do a top up ? Does this mean i need to sell both the funds , enjoy the profit and reinvest into another fund with lower NAV?

Or is there another strategy here?
T231H
post Feb 9 2017, 07:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,143 posts

QUOTE(OptimusStar @ Feb 9 2017, 06:25 PM)
I have invested same amount in both CIMB Titans and AP means my investment portfolio is 50% 50%/ . Now the NAV value is 20% higher, and for both fund there was no distribution last year.  I understand from this forum if the price drop next year, i dont get anything

So in my current situation , what should i do? Since the NAV price is high now, i think it doesnt make sense to do a top up ? Does this mean i need to sell both the funds , enjoy the profit and reinvest into another fund with lower NAV?

if your concern is you will not get anything if the price dropped......why not sell off the profits amount and go buy yourselve something nice or good to have?
Else if there is nothing material to do with the profit.....you can switch that profits into cmf or aniista bond fund for some diversification n some dry powder.
OptimusStar
post Feb 9 2017, 07:19 PM

Enthusiast
800 posts

QUOTE(T231H @ Feb 9 2017, 07:16 PM)
if your concern is you will not get anything if the price dropped......why not sell off the profits amount and go buy yourselve something nice or good to have?
Else if there is nothing material to do with the profit.....you can switch that profits into cmf or aniista bond fund for some diversification n some dry powder.
My concern would be what is the general strategy? So diverse into another fund is that what you say ?
TSAIYH
post Feb 9 2017, 07:29 PM

Regular
1,166 posts

QUOTE(OptimusStar @ Feb 9 2017, 07:19 PM)
My concern would be what is the general strategy? So diverse into another fund is that what you say ?
I think you need to understand that NAV =/= stock price.

NAV is just the net asset per unit, it doesn't work the same as share price where the price reflect the financial health of the company.

High NAV doesn't mean is going to bear and vice versa

Same for distribution, where in mutual funds, the distribution is just a way to reduce the NAV to make it look attractive, unlike stock dividend where the dividend yield shows the company's profitability

Funds which dont declare distribution doesn't mean the fund is performing badly and vice versa

Rather, you should focus on whether the regions or the sectors that the funds invested is going to bull or bear in the short/mid/long term depending on your investment horizon and risk appetite.

If you think that both funds will bear till it net your profit back to zero in say the near 1 year term, then you can sell to realized that profit to somewhere else like bonds or money market or FD or other funds that invested in regions/sectors that has potential bull in the period you expected
Avangelice
post Feb 9 2017, 07:32 PM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

I have invested same amount in both CIMB Titans and AP means my investment portfolio is 50% 50%/ . Now the NAV value is 20% higher, and for both fund there was no distribution last year.  I understand from this forum if the price drop next year, i dont get anything

optimus this is the very reason why we practice diversification when one fund isn't doing good you can sleep easily that the other three funds are helping you cover the lost.

also doing research into what you are buying helps. so when you know a country is going through a turbulent time you can make an informed knowledge to continue on, top up or switch.
chyz66
post Feb 9 2017, 07:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,804 posts

Just added selina into my portfolio this week, may the green force with us!
Avangelice
post Feb 9 2017, 07:56 PM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

QUOTE(chyz66 @ Feb 9 2017, 07:52 PM)
when buying Selina remember that these two things affect her.

1) fed rate which is scheduled to happen twice this year.

2) the Malaysian Currency is currently undervalued by 12% (as per in the fsm article) if it goes up Selina will be affected.

continue on DCA into Selina. my two cents bro.
xuzen
post Feb 9 2017, 08:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,436 posts

QUOTE(spiderman17 @ Feb 9 2017, 05:19 PM)
How often do you speak to algozen? Monthly? Weekly?
If on the next session it still says the same thing, maybe we should all sailang laugh.gif
Now, after CNY less hectic time, perhaps will monitor forthnightly versus monthly...

Listen to T231H, our resident FSM spy contributor here, use the profit and buy something naiz for your lady friend this valentine!

QUOTE(T231H @ Feb 9 2017, 07:16 PM)
Hear hear!

QUOTE(Avangelice @ Feb 9 2017, 07:32 PM)
optimus this is the very reason why we practice diversification when one fund isn't doing good you can sleep easily that the other three funds are helping you cover the lost.

also doing research into what you are buying helps. so when you know a country is going through a turbulent time you can make an informed knowledge to continue on, top up or switch.
Optimus Prime isn't very optimistic is he?

QUOTE(chyz66 @ Feb 9 2017, 07:52 PM)
Attached Image
Hello there big guy!
T231H
post Feb 9 2017, 08:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,143 posts

Psssst! before FSM upgrade this ......

Moody's raises Indonesia outlook
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/asean/1195...donesia-outlook
Avangelice
post Feb 9 2017, 09:28 PM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

QUOTE(T231H @ Feb 9 2017, 08:42 PM)

two funds that invests primarily in Indonesia

Eastspring Investments Indonesia MY Equity fund and RHB Indonesia Growth fund.
xuzen
post Feb 9 2017, 10:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,436 posts

QUOTE(T231H @ Feb 9 2017, 08:42 PM)

for those undecided , fickle minded or those prefering all you can type buffer style.... try CIMB threesome fun d
Xuzen

This post has been edited by xuzen: Feb 9 2017, 10:36 PM
TSAIYH
post Feb 9 2017, 10:36 PM

Regular
1,166 posts

QUOTE(xuzen @ Feb 9 2017, 10:32 PM)
for those undecided , fickle minded or those prefering all you can type buffer style.... try CIMB threesome fun
Xuzen
This one has better RRR compared to the three individual countries' fund

EDIT : nvm, you edited after i post laugh.gif

This post has been edited by AIYH: Feb 9 2017, 10:39 PM
xuzen
post Feb 9 2017, 10:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,436 posts

AIYH, you are right! The Threesome fun d has a risk adjusted reward ratio that is better than each individual funds. This is a clear demonstration of diversification at work!

This post has been edited by xuzen: Feb 9 2017, 10:45 PM
Avangelice
post Feb 9 2017, 10:40 PM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

QUOTE(xuzen @ Feb 9 2017, 10:32 PM)
for those undecided , fickle minded or those prefering all you can type buffer style.... try CIMB threesome fun  d
Xuzen
oh no not that Frankenstein fund. until now I still not sure how they managed to tie up Indonesia with two other countries with vastly different culture and governments.

on the other hand I wanna hijack the thread awhile before heading to bed.

I am calling investors to donate a little for the girl who lost her family in the fire recently. bank account can be found in the thread.

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=4193710&hl=

good night.
post Feb 9 2017, 11:44 PM

Enthusiast
754 posts

QUOTE(Avangelice @ Feb 9 2017, 10:40 PM)
oh no not that Frankenstein fund. until now I still not sure how they managed to tie up Indonesia with two other countries with vastly different culture and governments.
good night.
Perhaps it is the economies of scale.
These threesome has the largest population in Asian region.
China 1.4b + India 1.3b + Indonesia 0.24b.
Another common thing is that they are production powerhouse with cheap labour (not so much for China nowadays)
wonglokat
post Feb 10 2017, 09:17 AM

Getting Started
246 posts

Good pointers and advice early in the thread. Nice. Reporting in for v18!

1534 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0174sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:09 PM