Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

54 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

FundSuperMart v18 (FSM) MY : Online UT Platform, UT DIY : Babystep to Investing :D

views

Avangelice
post Feb 9 2017, 11:21 AM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

lol. more and more names for them funds.

btw Anita no more a darling when we got esther

Avangelice reporting in!

This post has been edited by Avangelice: Feb 9 2017, 11:24 AM
Avangelice
post Feb 9 2017, 12:25 PM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

CIMB-Principal Greater China Equity Fund RM 250.00
AmAsia Pacific REITs - Class B (MYR) RM 250.00
CIMB-Principal Asia Pacific Dynamic Income Fund RM 500.00
TA Global Technology Fund Cash Management Fund RM 200.00

My february top up
Avangelice
post Feb 9 2017, 01:17 PM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

QUOTE(wodenus @ Feb 9 2017, 01:06 PM)
Cool.. using the automatic top up thing on FSM?
nope. strategic DCA. top up where ever i feel that is giving a good return. there are a few months I don't do any top up at all. keeping around 10k in case the market correction happens so I can pump in money into my portfolio
Avangelice
post Feb 9 2017, 07:32 PM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

QUOTE(OptimusStar @ Feb 9 2017, 06:25 PM)
Guys , need some advice here.
I have invested same amount in both CIMB Titans and AP means my investment portfolio is 50% 50%/ . Now the NAV value is 20% higher, and for both fund there was no distribution last year.  I understand from this forum if the price drop next year, i dont get anything

So in my current situation , what should i do? Since the NAV price is high now, i think it doesnt make sense to do a top up ? Does this mean i need to sell both the funds , enjoy the profit and reinvest into another fund with lower NAV?

Or is there another strategy here?
optimus this is the very reason why we practice diversification when one fund isn't doing good you can sleep easily that the other three funds are helping you cover the lost.

also doing research into what you are buying helps. so when you know a country is going through a turbulent time you can make an informed knowledge to continue on, top up or switch.
Avangelice
post Feb 9 2017, 07:56 PM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

QUOTE(chyz66 @ Feb 9 2017, 07:52 PM)
Just added selina into my portfolio this week, may the green force with us!
when buying Selina remember that these two things affect her.

1) fed rate which is scheduled to happen twice this year.

2) the Malaysian Currency is currently undervalued by 12% (as per in the fsm article) if it goes up Selina will be affected.

continue on DCA into Selina. my two cents bro.
Avangelice
post Feb 9 2017, 09:28 PM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

QUOTE(T231H @ Feb 9 2017, 08:42 PM)
Psssst! before FSM upgrade this ......

Moody's raises Indonesia outlook
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/asean/1195...donesia-outlook
two funds that invests primarily in Indonesia

Eastspring Investments Indonesia MY Equity fund and RHB Indonesia Growth fund.
Avangelice
post Feb 9 2017, 10:40 PM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

QUOTE(xuzen @ Feb 9 2017, 10:32 PM)
for those undecided , fickle minded or those prefering all you can type buffer style.... try CIMB threesome fun  d
Xuzen
oh no not that Frankenstein fund. until now I still not sure how they managed to tie up Indonesia with two other countries with vastly different culture and governments.

on the other hand I wanna hijack the thread awhile before heading to bed.

I am calling investors to donate a little for the girl who lost her family in the fire recently. bank account can be found in the thread.

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=4193710&hl=

good night.
Avangelice
post Feb 10 2017, 11:02 AM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Feb 10 2017, 10:51 AM)
Anybody knows how could I monitor the Malaysia Small Cap stock index on real time basis ?
you dont need a stock trading count to do that. just install klse screener app into your phone and monitor any funds from there
Avangelice
post Feb 10 2017, 11:29 AM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

QUOTE(ic no 851025071234 @ Feb 10 2017, 11:23 AM)
If need monitor so close for investing unit trust better straight invest the stocks. Get better return for your effort no need pay the management fees and what fees
I concur. that's why I left a little allocation into kapchai and any spare money I have I dump into my stock account. with plenty of homework and time, you can buy into stocks that bring dividends and returns. all for 0.25% "service fee"

QUOTE(puchongite @ Feb 10 2017, 11:28 AM)
Yes I have a trading account but I don't logon to it so often. I only need to monitor it infrequently, but when I want to know, I want to know the current value instead of lagged one.  biggrin.gif
theoretically speaking. if we have quarterly reports from the fund managers on what they have done with the fund, wouldn't it be easier to buy into the same stocks that the fund invests?

example. KGF invests into MAHB and Tenaga and PBB. with additional research you find out KWSP invests into Tenaga so it makes sense to buy into Tenaga?

This post has been edited by Avangelice: Feb 10 2017, 11:32 AM
Avangelice
post Feb 10 2017, 12:44 PM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

QUOTE(vincabby @ Feb 10 2017, 12:37 PM)
KLCI breached 1700. is it still gonna go up up up or profit skimming will happen?
continue on!! there's more upside this year for malaysia with our elections coming in. if BN wins there will be more upside. sad to say foreign investors don't care about kronism and dictatorships. all they want is stability and status quo.
Avangelice
post Feb 10 2017, 04:22 PM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

QUOTE(xuzen @ Feb 10 2017, 02:15 PM)
What do you think friend Avangelice?

Do you care who is in charge of Thailand, be it the red shirt or yellow shirt? As a investor, do you put much emphasis on cronyism and dictatorship when you invest into Thailand?
to be honest foreign investors don't rather care if the red or yellow were to win, they do not even care about if the people are being oppressed. as long as there's stability in the region they will happily invest in either Goverment.

another example would be in the US, we all know trump is a bigot. an anti Islam. a person who's very much like Hitler but does that stop me from investing in the states?

another example, Malaysia. its economy doesn't do well do I still keep my investments in it just because I'm patriotic or do I pull out so my money is better left elsewhere?

so to conclude. investors don't invests in emotions. I am afraid to say each one of us has a soros inside that does not care who is affected as long as we make money at the end of the day.

QUOTE(T231H @ Feb 10 2017, 03:42 PM)
potential energy bar for those planning to go all out in equities.....
Where Are We in The Global Investment Cycle? What Does This Mean for Investors? [10 Feb]

"Investment implication:
.... while corrections should be anticipated – with Trump and upcoming Eurozone elections being potential triggers – we still appear to be a long way from the peak in the investment cycle. Second, non-US share markets and economies – notably Japan and Europe - are less advanced in their cycles and so provide opportunities for investors. "

https://www.fundsupermart.com.my/main/resea...s--10-Feb--7978
can fsm start making a mobile website? every article you share cannot be viewed on mobile because of plug in not supported.

This post has been edited by Avangelice: Feb 10 2017, 04:25 PM
Avangelice
post Feb 10 2017, 04:53 PM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Feb 10 2017, 04:51 PM)
Actually you can view it on mobile, by click the download link ( somewhere at the top left hand corner).

Basically it is a PDF document.
that's the thing I wanna avoid. clutter in my phone memory. oh well. thanks mate
Avangelice
post Feb 10 2017, 05:15 PM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

QUOTE(xuzen @ Feb 10 2017, 04:48 PM)
I entered in mid Apr 2015 and exited in end of Sep 2015.... (CIMB Principle Greater China)
[attachmentid=8477494]

Xuzen
you overzealous? buy and sell within the same year. and looks like you missed the upside after that. ever had any regret over the lost?

don't worry I made the same mistake with GTF back in 2015. traded it like it was a stock. noob mistake on my part.
Avangelice
post Feb 10 2017, 05:33 PM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

QUOTE(ic no 851025071234 @ Feb 10 2017, 05:29 PM)
His mistake is to exit so soon. He make lost. If wait a while more and exit when break even better.
QUOTE(ic no 851025071234 @ Feb 10 2017, 05:29 PM)
Unit trust play like stock already lose in sc
try to limit double posting.

any how. the xuzen we know now is different back then and we all make mistakes. take it as a valuable tuition fee. no harm done.

QUOTE(puchongite @ Feb 10 2017, 05:33 PM)
My question is more like asking if I have a x amount of money to switch over to a fund X.

Yes, DCA month but how much ? If DCA per month 5%, that's will never complete in a year !
exactly my concern. I have an huge amount of money sitting in the CMF and I go do monthly DCA. wouldn't it be wasting your money 's potential by just letting it stay in cmf.

This post has been edited by Avangelice: Feb 10 2017, 05:36 PM
Avangelice
post Feb 10 2017, 05:46 PM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

QUOTE(AIYH @ Feb 10 2017, 05:43 PM)
If you ask me, I will say dca minimum amount sweat.gif

But I can suggest divide into 6/12/18/24 period of dca, each period can be fortnightly, monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly smile.gif

If it experience downfall, everytime it drops 2-5% from your capital, top up like 100-1000 and repeat until it rise back (of course not until the fund collapse if you did your homework about the fund sweat.gif)

Just a thought smile.gif

I am too young to experience long period investing or any crisis, so this is just a suggestion smile.gif
bingo. that's what I did. now keeping 10k I'm CMF for funds on sale.
Avangelice
post Feb 10 2017, 05:55 PM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

opps. too late. lol.

This post has been edited by Avangelice: Feb 10 2017, 05:56 PM
Avangelice
post Feb 10 2017, 05:58 PM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

QUOTE(xuzen @ Feb 10 2017, 05:56 PM)

Oh well! Live and let learn.

Xuzen
this is the best advise
Avangelice
post Feb 10 2017, 08:24 PM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

QUOTE(Eddy924 @ Feb 10 2017, 08:03 PM)
Do u guys think it's worth to pay little bit more sc (5.5 vs 2) on buying the funds with bank? Coz in FSM all depends on personal experience & awareness, while in bank at least there is one person ready for your enquiry, although noted FSM have client support channel via email, however recent enquiry reply like "copy paste" statement, I don't find their advice to me is constructive. But i aware lower SC = faster to break even, to see the return. And my investment plan start with minimal purchase then constantly dump in money for long term investment. Need some suggestion here, do u all start with self study on funds (through FSM) or learn from banker first?
like Public Mutual? you go over to their thread here and you gonna notice there is no communication between RM and client.
Avangelice
post Feb 10 2017, 09:15 PM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

QUOTE(contestchris @ Feb 10 2017, 09:11 PM)
Not worried about long term ATM all, I'm more worried about my one day gain! This 4% drop can wipe out gains elsewhere in most portfolios it is in. TA SEA, CIMB APAC, CIMB CII all have it as a top 10 stockholding.
I think you need to take a chill pill bro. come on loosen up a little. have a glass of Scottish gin and tonic
Avangelice
post Feb 11 2017, 12:44 AM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

QUOTE(xuzen @ Feb 10 2017, 10:41 PM)

The way he sound, I bet scots and gin will not help. He needs triple shot of Moatai plus absinthe plus vodka plus a tab of Valium for good measure.

Xuzen
hahahahahahah I said loosen him up not send him to the ER for alcohol intoxication! hahahahahahahaha best mixer btw. sure gone after drinking it.

good night folks

54 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0446sec    0.30    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:57 AM