Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Coffee Lover v.2 Thread, Let's Share!

views

calapia
post Dec 6 2021, 03:20 PM

On my way
683 posts

QUOTE(lowkl @ Dec 6 2021, 02:41 PM)
Ummm...well some beans do have lighter aroma than others, although if it's fresh and well packed, it should still be clearly noticeable.

I guess if you are good with the brew, then should be good overall.
yea exactly on point.. i was like smelling like a rat hunting for the aroma when i got the box... but tarak coffee smell...
lowkl
post Dec 17 2021, 05:36 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

QUOTE(Ronny_F. @ Dec 17 2021, 05:32 PM)
Hi all, are capsule coffee machines any good, compared to a machine that grinds up actual store bought coffee beans?
IMHO they are not, although they do seem very popular. If in a setting where maintenance of a machine that requires grinding beans etc isn't practical (eg. in an office environment) perhaps it is a practical solution. For the home, I think doing coffee from grinding the beans onwards gives consistently better coffee.

Also, capsules limit your choices of beans.
lowkl
post Dec 17 2021, 06:28 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

QUOTE(kaur_pris @ Dec 17 2021, 06:16 PM)
Thank you for the insightful explaination!
The proof is always in the tasting. Since many malls are now open, there are often popup booths promoting capsule machines. If you are able, just go there for a free brew.

I saw a Dolce Gusto booth promoting Starbucks at Midvalley ground floor just yesterday.
coolguy99
post Dec 21 2021, 08:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,818 posts

QUOTE(Ronny_F. @ Dec 17 2021, 05:32 PM)
Hi all, are capsule coffee machines any good, compared to a machine that grinds up actual store bought coffee beans?
It is only good for convenience. The proper coffee machine brew much better coffee.
Izwan898
post Dec 22 2021, 11:38 AM

MrNastey
936 posts

Hi guys. Wanna get an idea of those lavazza beans..they gooding?
lalala_lalala
post Dec 25 2021, 04:24 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(Izwan898 @ Dec 22 2021, 11:38 AM)
Hi guys. Wanna get an idea of those lavazza beans..they gooding?
U can try Lavazza Gran Espresso…not bad…if u wanna take espresso to the next level, u need to buy the fresh beans…nothing beats freshly roasted beans
kellysee
post Dec 26 2021, 10:04 PM

12 posts

Hi guys, is anyone know how to do OPV at KL area?

This post has been edited by kellysee: Dec 26 2021, 10:05 PM
Izwan898
post Dec 27 2021, 04:19 PM

MrNastey
936 posts

QUOTE(lalala_lalala @ Dec 25 2021, 04:24 PM)
U can try Lavazza Gran Espresso…not bad…if u wanna take espresso to the next level, u need to buy the fresh beans…nothing beats freshly roasted beans
Ya already bought cheap grinder for them...Lavazza Gran Espresso ya? Will try them...thanks mate!
Eiren P
post Dec 28 2021, 02:01 PM

Probation
0 posts

hey guys, I'm looking to get an espresso machine and a grinder for home use.

Budget under RM10k for both machine + grinder.

Preferably dual boiler, but open to single ones too.

Mostly drink lattes in the afternoons and just espresso shots in the mornings.

Currently looking at Breville Bes920, but havent really done in-depth research and compare with others yet.

Any coffeeholics and experts here? Appreciate your advise
akay877
post Dec 28 2021, 08:02 PM

Getting Started
187 posts

QUOTE(Eiren @ Dec 28 2021, 02:01 PM)
hey guys, I'm looking to get an espresso machine and a grinder for home use.

Budget under RM10k for both machine + grinder.

Preferably dual boiler, but open to single ones too.

Mostly drink lattes in the afternoons and just espresso shots in the mornings.

Currently looking at Breville Bes920, but havent really done in-depth research and compare with others yet.

Any coffeeholics and experts here? Appreciate your advise
A lot of options for you buddy!

Take a look at Eureka Mignon Single Dose Grinder if you mostly brew a single dose. But that grinder is selling like hot cakes! One of the criteria I took into account when getting a grinder is the noise level and that how i ended up getting the eureka mignon perfetto. (Doesn't wake the whole family when brewing early in the morning) biggrin.gif

As for the machine itself, Breville DB is not a bad choice I would say. Consider looking at Profitec Pro 300 also.

As for me, I would suggest considering heat exchanger with lever action (i,e: Rocket Appartamento ). (Mod it with PID and you got a great top tier espresso making machine)
akay877
post Dec 28 2021, 08:15 PM

Getting Started
187 posts

QUOTE(calapia @ Dec 6 2021, 02:20 PM)
hello fellow coffee lover... been trying different bean for my espresso from different roaster for few years and only now i thought why not test SOL since so many ppl give good review and the price is consider cheaper. So i bought a pack Single Origin ( Ethiopia Haile G1 ) and they score it 90+.
they pack fast and ship fast also. when i receive the pack, its fresh roasted based on the printed dates. the main difference i notice is....there is no fresh coffee aroma unlike all of my previous purchase.. even after i open it, it doesn't have those nice coffee aroma.. is this normal ? or for medium roast it doesn't have such aroma? i bought medium roast from other roaster before and it smell good.... but this...no smell.. is smell a good indicator of bean freshness?

i did pull my espresso.... and it does manage to give me a good joe with lesser kick (i switch from dark to this medium)

SOL
https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Pro...10394637114141/
Ya! I had similar experiences. I'd tried most of their top sales beans and the aroma is not overwhelming compared to other roasters (Previously my go to roaster was JWC, BEAM and Aitch but too exp to use as regular laugh.gif ). But the shots was okay, no hint of stale / not freshly roasted coffee. Having a look at their beans, I would've guess they use less exp green coffee? Maybe? confused.gif

But still gonna be my go to roaster for now.. You can't beat the price man...
Eiren P
post Dec 29 2021, 08:44 AM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(akay877 @ Dec 28 2021, 08:02 PM)
A lot of options for you buddy!

Take a look at Eureka Mignon Single Dose Grinder if you mostly brew a single dose. But that grinder is selling like hot cakes! One of the criteria I took into account when getting a grinder is the noise level and that how i ended up getting the eureka mignon perfetto. (Doesn't wake the whole family when brewing early in the morning)  biggrin.gif

As for the machine itself, Breville DB is not a bad choice I would say. Consider looking at Profitec Pro 300 also.

As for me, I would suggest considering heat exchanger with lever action (i,e: Rocket Appartamento ). (Mod it with PID and you got a great top tier espresso making machine)
Thanks for your advise!

Yes, I was actually looking and comparing the Appartamento VS Profitec pro 500. Both seemed decent with the latter just a tad more expensive.

Will still need abit more research on the grinders but I heard you cant go wrong with Eureka ones.
alvinfks78
post Dec 30 2021, 12:24 PM

Regular
1,119 posts

going to KLCC tomorrow. Any good cafes to recommend around there?
lowkl
post Dec 30 2021, 12:38 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

QUOTE(alvinfks78 @ Dec 30 2021, 12:24 PM)
going to KLCC tomorrow. Any good cafes to recommend around there?
RGB Coffee at The Bean Hive

alvinfks78
post Dec 30 2021, 12:39 PM

Regular
1,119 posts

QUOTE(lowkl @ Dec 30 2021, 01:38 PM)
k thanks. will try.
calapia
post Jan 5 2022, 10:05 AM

On my way
683 posts

QUOTE(akay877 @ Dec 28 2021, 08:15 PM)
Ya! I had similar experiences. I'd tried most of their top sales beans and the aroma is not overwhelming compared to other roasters (Previously my go to roaster was JWC, BEAM and Aitch but too exp to use as regular  laugh.gif ). But the shots was okay, no hint of stale / not freshly roasted coffee. Having a look at their beans, I would've guess they use less exp green coffee? Maybe?  confused.gif

But still gonna be my go to roaster for now.. You can't beat the price man...
hm... true true true.... those jwc, beam and others quite pricey at times ..rm50 or more for 250gm. i agree some will say quality beans with quality roast with meticulous effort and precision... and yes i had those and it does taste and smell great....
so ya! i am kinda mix and match. if there is good offer from platform, i ll maybe buy 1 or 2 else i ll hunt the cheaper one. so far abeans and 103 roastery have good deal also for big pack 1kg. now try other like SOL or even sin boon kee (SBK) lol.. last xmas sprezzaturacoffee have buy 1 foc 1 deal also...bought few as well.
slimcrappy
post Jan 10 2022, 05:19 PM

0 posts

Hi guys,

Am new around here. I'm not a pure coffee enthusiast but I do like myself a good cup of coffee. I had thought to get into the game by getting a Flair Espresso Maker Pro 2 and 1zpresso JX-Pro manual coffee grinder. Turns out I'm horrible at using the Flair and I've just completely given up and they're just sitting unused for a while now.

Thinking of upgrading by just getting an automatic machine. Looking for recommendations with a budget of RM2-3k - mostly for lattes (double shot if that matters).

Appreciate any help. Thanks

squallx840
post Jan 12 2022, 09:35 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(slimcrappy @ Jan 10 2022, 05:19 PM)
Hi guys,

Am new around here. I'm not a pure coffee enthusiast but I do like myself a good cup of coffee. I had thought to get into the game by getting a Flair Espresso Maker Pro 2 and 1zpresso JX-Pro manual coffee grinder. Turns out I'm horrible at using the Flair and I've just completely given up and they're just sitting unused for a while now.

Thinking of upgrading by just getting an automatic machine. Looking for recommendations with a budget of RM2-3k - mostly for lattes (double shot if that matters).

Appreciate any help. Thanks

super automatic like the bean to cup thinggy / semi auto ?

If semi auto, for your budget it would Milesto EM19 M3 https://www.carousell.com.my/p/milesto-em19m3-1029791004/

You probably want to get a motorized grinder though.

This machine will NOT make better coffee compared to Flair+JX-Pro though.

If super automatic , then you might as well get a Nespresso machine.
slimcrappy
post Jan 13 2022, 10:45 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(squallx840 @ Jan 12 2022, 09:35 PM)
super automatic like the bean to cup thinggy / semi auto ?

If semi auto, for your budget it would Milesto EM19 M3 https://www.carousell.com.my/p/milesto-em19m3-1029791004/

You probably want to get a motorized grinder though.
This machine will NOT make better coffee compared to Flair+JX-Pro though.

If super automatic , then you might as well get a Nespresso machine.
I was thinking either - bean to cup or grinded beans to cup (since I already have the manual grinder). I already have a Nespresso machine actually. The Flair + JX Pro was my attempt to "level up" and make better coffee myself because a lot of times the Nespresso coffee is very weak(mostly taste milk).

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check that out and watch reviews before deciding on something like that or to just stick with the Nespresso.
lowkl
post Jan 13 2022, 10:53 AM

Getting Started
88 posts

QUOTE(slimcrappy @ Jan 13 2022, 10:45 AM)
I was thinking either - bean to cup or grinded beans to cup (since I already have the manual grinder). I already have a Nespresso machine actually. The Flair + JX Pro was my attempt to "level up" and make better coffee myself because a lot of times the Nespresso coffee is very weak(mostly taste milk).

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check that out and watch reviews before deciding on something like that or to just stick with the Nespresso.
I am a fervent fan of Flair and the 1Z grinders, so wondering what difficulties you faced which is motivating you to look for alternatives.

364 Pages « < 352 353 354 355 356 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0197sec    0.53    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:09 PM