Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Coffee Lover v.2 Thread, Let's Share!

views

sunami
post Oct 22 2021, 08:26 PM

MAO TONGKAT
1,415 posts

Hi Guys,

What type of beans suitable for cold brew?
any recommendation?
suns8630
post Oct 26 2021, 03:40 PM

Regular
1,104 posts

QUOTE(alvinng @ Sep 21 2021, 09:54 AM)
hi guys ... can you recommend a coffee machine for home use

1) easy one press button
2) mostly espresso / lungo. sometimes cappucino
3) coffee can be from either capsule or coffee bean

looking at nespresso but open to other options
Hello...

I had been using Nespresso machine with capsule for almost 7 years ... good for lazy people and loving the marketing tactic by Nespresso ...

not until I invest on the Breville machine .. it takes me to another level of coffee enjoyment ...so .. for me is bye bye ..nespresso..

dwRK
post Oct 26 2021, 03:46 PM

the consummate chartist
5,118 posts

QUOTE(sunami @ Oct 22 2021, 08:26 PM)
Hi Guys,

What type of beans suitable for cold brew?
any recommendation?
i prefer light to medium roasts... but really anything goes
qqmeng
post Oct 27 2021, 08:51 AM

Regular
1,097 posts

QUOTE(suns8630 @ Oct 26 2021, 03:40 PM)
Hello...

I had been using Nespresso machine with capsule for almost 7 years ... good for lazy people and loving the marketing tactic by Nespresso ...

not until I invest on the Breville machine .. it takes me to another level  of coffee enjoyment ...so .. for me is bye bye ..nespresso..
welcome to the country club, where everyone saves n spend more on coffee 🤪
coolguy99
post Oct 30 2021, 08:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,818 posts

Is there anywhere I can get freshly grounded coffee in KL? Place where you can choose your beans and they will grind them for you on the spot.
kk131
post Nov 1 2021, 11:03 AM

On my way
531 posts

QUOTE(coolguy99 @ Oct 30 2021, 08:36 PM)
Is there anywhere I can get freshly grounded coffee in KL? Place where you can choose your beans and they will grind them for you on the spot.
Cold Storage at the Sunway Putra Mall has a Mister Coffee self-service grinder.
MyHobby
post Nov 4 2021, 03:10 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(imceobichi @ Sep 20 2021, 08:04 PM)
Which beans from SOL?

I tried EL Savador from SOL. Decent beans but not strong enough for me.

DF 64
Try their Sunshine Blend and share your comment. Thanks ...

user posted image
sunami
post Nov 4 2021, 02:55 PM

MAO TONGKAT
1,415 posts

QUOTE(MyHobby @ Nov 4 2021, 04:10 AM)
Try their Sunshine Blend and share your comment. Thanks ...

user posted image
just finish it for the first time..
hmmm...
Jitty
post Nov 9 2021, 11:04 AM

Regular
1,045 posts

sunshine blend is good.
i am using moka pot for this.

wanna ask all coffee sifu here. recently i bought Barsetto 2 in 1 Portable Coffee Machine.

this machine use Fine or extra fine would be better ya ?

biggrin.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by Jitty: Nov 9 2021, 11:08 AM
darylchan
post Nov 9 2021, 02:06 PM

Getting Started
79 posts

Hi guys, wondering if anyone here is using a Saeco Poemia. I'm trying to troubleshoot my machine as it's currently making substandard espresso.

If possible, could you help me measure your water flow rate (water debit) over 20 seconds? Suspect I may be getting low flow/pressure and would like to know what is the base flow rate.
lowkl
post Nov 9 2021, 02:28 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

QUOTE(darylchan @ Nov 9 2021, 02:06 PM)
Hi guys, wondering if anyone here is using a Saeco Poemia. I'm trying to troubleshoot my machine as it's currently making substandard espresso.

If possible, could you help me measure your water flow rate (water debit) over 20 seconds? Suspect I may be getting low flow/pressure and would like to know what is the base flow rate.
I used to use a Poemia. I can't give you a flow rate because it has long been 'decommissioned'. Did you depressurise the portafilter?
darylchan
post Nov 9 2021, 02:32 PM

Getting Started
79 posts

QUOTE(lowkl @ Nov 9 2021, 02:28 PM)
I used to use a Poemia. I can't give you a flow rate because it has long been 'decommissioned'. Did you depressurise the portafilter?
I upgraded to a bottomless portafilter. Was well dialled in and pulling great shots until one day this week all I can get is either choking or channeling. Happened overnight and didn't change anything on the grinder. Same beans and everything.
Siege
post Nov 9 2021, 10:55 PM

Casual
406 posts

user posted image

mindblown rclxub.gif , first time had a coffee that has a sparkle/fizzy/carbonated sensation when u sip, from the card I thought the description is just another Q grader's BS

un.deux.trois
post Nov 16 2021, 06:43 PM

On my way
674 posts

QUOTE(suns8630 @ Oct 26 2021, 03:40 PM)
Hello...

not until I invest on the Breville machine .. it takes me to another level  of coffee enjoyment ...so .. for me is bye bye ..nespresso..
Which Breville model did you get? I’m planning to buy a coffee machine and looking at Breville as well. Not a heavy coffee drinker, at most 2-3 cups per day for two persons so not keen to drop a bomb haha.

This post has been edited by un.deux.trois: Nov 16 2021, 06:44 PM
suns8630
post Nov 17 2021, 01:05 PM

Regular
1,104 posts

QUOTE(un.deux.trois @ Nov 16 2021, 06:43 PM)
Which Breville model did you get? I’m planning to buy a coffee machine and looking at Breville as well. Not a heavy coffee drinker, at most 2-3 cups per day for two persons so not keen to drop a bomb haha.
Hello ...

Not yet .. !!! still looking between delonghi dinamica plus and also Breville barista pro ... but i was told to be careful with breville ,,bcos the usage require.. some form of WORK ,,like fill up the powder and cleaning the portafilter ,,, and aslo cleaning after the making of each coffee ..

this must be taking into consideration for a long period of usage,,,anyway , now doing research on Delonghi dinamica plus..

cheers

lowkl
post Nov 17 2021, 01:41 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

QUOTE(suns8630 @ Nov 17 2021, 01:05 PM)
Hello ...

Not yet .. !!! still looking between delonghi dinamica plus and also Breville barista pro  ...  but i was told to be careful with  breville ,,bcos the usage require.. some form of WORK ,,like fill up the powder and cleaning the portafilter ,,, and aslo cleaning after the making of each coffee ..

this must be taking into consideration for a long period of usage,,,anyway , now doing research on Delonghi dinamica plus..

cheers
Did Brad Pitt have anything to do with this consideration?
suns8630
post Nov 17 2021, 08:39 PM

Regular
1,104 posts

QUOTE(lowkl @ Nov 17 2021, 01:41 PM)
Did Brad Pitt have anything to do with this consideration?
hello ...

Sorry bro .. i am looking maybe for Jennifer Lopez ..as consideration ...hahahahahahahah ..

No No brad pit is not the reason ..but buying a 5K coffee machine needs to consider all angles...especially the cleaning part ..

z800r
post Dec 2 2021, 06:53 AM

Casual
390 posts

Hi. Need a suggestion.

Gonna open a cafe soon. We already receive a quotation from one supplier for a coffee machine and grinder, cost rm17k. But when i google, of course they marked up the price around 3k. That’s already fix price.

So, any suggestion for coffee machine and grinder for below rm15k. Cafe usage. New and easily available pls.
calapia
post Dec 6 2021, 02:20 PM

On my way
683 posts

hello fellow coffee lover... been trying different bean for my espresso from different roaster for few years and only now i thought why not test SOL since so many ppl give good review and the price is consider cheaper. So i bought a pack Single Origin ( Ethiopia Haile G1 ) and they score it 90+.
they pack fast and ship fast also. when i receive the pack, its fresh roasted based on the printed dates. the main difference i notice is....there is no fresh coffee aroma unlike all of my previous purchase.. even after i open it, it doesn't have those nice coffee aroma.. is this normal ? or for medium roast it doesn't have such aroma? i bought medium roast from other roaster before and it smell good.... but this...no smell.. is smell a good indicator of bean freshness?

i did pull my espresso.... and it does manage to give me a good joe with lesser kick (i switch from dark to this medium)

SOL
https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Pro...10394637114141/
lowkl
post Dec 6 2021, 02:41 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

QUOTE(calapia @ Dec 6 2021, 02:20 PM)
hello fellow coffee lover... been trying different bean for my espresso from different roaster for few years and only now i thought why not test SOL since so many ppl give good review and the price is consider cheaper. So i bought a pack Single Origin ( Ethiopia Haile G1 ) and they score it 90+.
they pack fast and ship fast also. when i receive the pack, its fresh roasted based on the printed dates. the main difference i notice is....there is no fresh coffee aroma unlike all of my previous purchase.. even after i open it, it doesn't have those nice coffee aroma.. is this normal ? or for medium roast it doesn't have such aroma? i bought medium roast from other roaster before and it smell good.... but this...no smell.. is smell a good indicator of bean freshness?

i did pull my espresso.... and it does manage to give me a good joe with lesser kick (i switch from dark to this medium)

SOL
https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Pro...10394637114141/
Ummm...well some beans do have lighter aroma than others, although if it's fresh and well packed, it should still be clearly noticeable.

I guess if you are good with the brew, then should be good overall.

364 Pages « < 351 352 353 354 355 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0168sec    0.30    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:28 PM