Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Coffee Lover v.2 Thread, Let's Share!

views

slimcrappy
post Jan 10 2022, 05:19 PM

0 posts

Hi guys,

Am new around here. I'm not a pure coffee enthusiast but I do like myself a good cup of coffee. I had thought to get into the game by getting a Flair Espresso Maker Pro 2 and 1zpresso JX-Pro manual coffee grinder. Turns out I'm horrible at using the Flair and I've just completely given up and they're just sitting unused for a while now.

Thinking of upgrading by just getting an automatic machine. Looking for recommendations with a budget of RM2-3k - mostly for lattes (double shot if that matters).

Appreciate any help. Thanks

slimcrappy
post Jan 13 2022, 10:45 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(squallx840 @ Jan 12 2022, 09:35 PM)
super automatic like the bean to cup thinggy / semi auto ?

If semi auto, for your budget it would Milesto EM19 M3 https://www.carousell.com.my/p/milesto-em19m3-1029791004/

You probably want to get a motorized grinder though.
This machine will NOT make better coffee compared to Flair+JX-Pro though.

If super automatic , then you might as well get a Nespresso machine.
I was thinking either - bean to cup or grinded beans to cup (since I already have the manual grinder). I already have a Nespresso machine actually. The Flair + JX Pro was my attempt to "level up" and make better coffee myself because a lot of times the Nespresso coffee is very weak(mostly taste milk).

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check that out and watch reviews before deciding on something like that or to just stick with the Nespresso.
slimcrappy
post Jan 25 2022, 10:56 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(lowkl @ Jan 13 2022, 10:53 AM)
I am a fervent fan of Flair and the 1Z grinders, so wondering what difficulties you faced which is motivating you to look for alternatives.
I was struggling the longest time with just getting the grind size right. Like even 1-2 ticks off would destroy the yield. So took me a long time to get the proper yield range and even when I managed to do it the espresso quality wasn't great (i.e. no crema at all). To ensure it wasn't an issue with the beans I tried beans from multiple sellers (mostly locally roasted). By the end of it all, after hours and hours of trial and error, which includes hours and hours of watching YouTube and reading guides, I still can't figure out why the espresso I'm extracting isn't great. Hence, moving on. Also my outlook has sorta changed after getting my hands dirty with actually preparing coffee the right way. I don't mind not getting great coffee as I'm now willing to accept just "good enough" coffee in exchange for convenience.

I'll still hang on to the Flair and Izpresso though as I'll probably give it another shot eventually.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1842sec    0.32    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:39 PM