Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

159 Pages « < 108 109 110 111 112 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Enterprise Networking Mikrotik Routers (RouterBoard & RouterOS), User and owner discussion group

views

wong_86
post Jun 23 2020, 05:57 PM

Casual
486 posts

Got any proper guide to setup Pi-hole with Mikrotik HAP AC2 ?

i follow this guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkeWYLlST-o

but it didn't work.
eddyann
post Jun 27 2020, 01:31 PM

Gold Miner
1,981 posts

QUOTE(rizvanrp @ Jul 15 2018, 01:11 PM)
It's somewhat inadequate based on my testing with iperf3. The CPU usage runs high even with basic routing between two interfaces and no VLANs, PPPoE encapsulation or NAT. Individual connections tend to slow down for whatever reason when there's a high amount of connections being tracked. You also need to make sure you use ports 1/3/5 and 2/4 for your WAN ingress/egress due to how the components are wired or you might be bottlenecked.
You should be able to swap your GPON ONU with other units from Aliexpress as long as the brand matches and you have the 10 digit authentication key from your existing unit. Unlikely a GPON SFP module would work unless it's from the same vendor and they allow you to edit the authentication key via the SFP I2C bus or an IP interface. I've already done this on the Fiberhome OLT's with a tiny single gigabit port ONU I picked up but YMMV with other vendors.
meaning that even if we have all the authentication detail like SN#/password HEX, if the brand did not match with TM it wont work? or it does not care what brand as long as the authentication is correct
ahlong
post Aug 20 2020, 03:53 PM

not a debt collector
559 posts

Geng, need help abit ah

Got 4G Huawei B818-263 router for Unifi Air. Use my hAP AC2 connect to it (via lan ether1) router mode.

Problem is, how to get the IPv6 from B818-263 advertise to hAP AC2 eh? Tried everything but no luck ah. Otak jammed already. Or need to set the hAP AC2 or B818-263 bridge mode?

Please help & teach me sifus sifus sekelian alam. Thanks!
jusbella
post Oct 26 2020, 11:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,845 posts

Hi, can recommend which model support unifi 500mbps and 800mbps?

Preferably lowest power consumption.

Thank you.

This post has been edited by jusbella: Oct 26 2020, 12:43 PM
heidarren
post Oct 26 2020, 01:33 PM

Getting Started
246 posts

QUOTE(jusbella @ Oct 26 2020, 11:36 AM)
Hi, can recommend which model support unifi 500mbps and 800mbps?

Preferably lowest power consumption.

Thank you.
Wired or wireless?
jusbella
post Oct 26 2020, 02:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,845 posts

QUOTE(heidarren @ Oct 26 2020, 01:33 PM)
Wired or wireless?
Wired ONLY.

Thank you.

heidarren
post Oct 26 2020, 02:06 PM

Getting Started
246 posts

QUOTE(jusbella @ Oct 26 2020, 02:01 PM)
Wired ONLY.

Thank you.
RB750Gr3 or hAP ac2 will do, but if you need IPv6 running at full 800mbps speed then you might need RB4011, or Ubiquiti ER-X

This post has been edited by heidarren: Oct 26 2020, 02:06 PM
Gaara92
post Oct 30 2020, 02:06 AM

Herald
610 posts

QUOTE(ahlong @ Aug 20 2020, 03:53 PM)
Geng, need help abit ah

Got 4G Huawei B818-263 router for Unifi Air. Use my hAP AC2 connect to it (via lan ether1) router mode.

Problem is, how to get the IPv6 from B818-263 advertise to hAP AC2 eh? Tried everything but no luck ah. Otak jammed already. Or need to set the hAP AC2 or B818-263 bridge mode?

Please help & teach me sifus sifus sekelian alam. Thanks!
u need to create DHCPv6 if u set it in router mode. If u go bridge mode it just plug and play.
ahlong
post Oct 30 2020, 02:49 PM

not a debt collector
559 posts

QUOTE(Gaara92 @ Oct 30 2020, 02:06 AM)
u need to create DHCPv6 if u set it in router mode. If u go bridge mode it just plug and play.
Thanks for the reply.
Successfully got new port for Unifi fiber.
Ipv6 enable without issue.
Gaara92
post Nov 2 2020, 10:35 AM

Herald
610 posts

QUOTE(ahlong @ Oct 30 2020, 02:49 PM)
Thanks for the reply.
Successfully got new port for Unifi fiber.
Ipv6 enable without issue.
of course ipv6 is enabled without issue. the problem is if u have many sub networks or vlan, the ipv6 wont advertise as slaac. you have to enable the dhcpv6 and separate the given ip to multiple subnets nod.gif

This post has been edited by Gaara92: Nov 2 2020, 10:35 AM
rootlinux
post Nov 2 2020, 12:01 PM

Enthusiast
898 posts

QUOTE(wong_86 @ Jun 23 2020, 05:57 PM)
Got any proper guide to setup Pi-hole with Mikrotik HAP AC2 ?

i follow this guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkeWYLlST-o

but it didn't work.
You need to modify your DNS Servers setting at IP > DHCP Server > Networks to point to PiHole IP. Next, renew your DHCP Client IP at your client devices like Notebook and/or smart phones.
ahlong
post Nov 2 2020, 09:38 PM

not a debt collector
559 posts

QUOTE(Gaara92 @ Nov 2 2020, 10:35 AM)
of course ipv6 is enabled without issue. the problem is if u have many sub networks or vlan, the ipv6 wont advertise as slaac. you have to enable the dhcpv6 and separate the given ip to multiple subnets  nod.gif
U seems like knew what on my head hahaha

Ya for now, all ipv6 is fully on bridge networks.

If u dont mind, can u teach/share some knowledge/example to us on how to make ipv6 advertise to all subnet?

Thank you in advance notworthy.gif
shahie
post Nov 9 2020, 09:29 PM

On my way
506 posts

Hi

i'm very new to this Mikrotik. Currently using RB750gr3 for my unifi 500mbps with fasttrack enable. Now waiting my RB4011igs+rm probably reach me in this few days. just want to ask, do we still need fasttrack to be enable on this 1.4Ghz Quad core router? so far i have 2 unit Dlink 882 and 1 unit Dlink 3060 as an AP connected to my main wired router via utp CAT5e cable. system workload, user 3 ppl, unifi tv, iptv & my kid using for his online learning too. no torrent as well. thank you.

This post has been edited by shahie: Nov 9 2020, 09:30 PM
skywardsword
post Nov 14 2020, 10:24 PM

On my way
636 posts

Wowee, manage to set up the Ambience that I gifted to a family. Almost did not get it set up. The quick set up did not work. Luckily managed to find the password for the maxis router via some router view software.

Had to manually set up vlan to 621 and use port two of the BTU.... So exciting. The range is super good. Wireless ac from the 2nd floor...thru a concrete floor.
quadcube
post Nov 17 2020, 04:55 PM

Regular
1,771 posts

QUOTE(shahie @ Nov 9 2020, 09:29 PM)
Hi

i'm very new to this Mikrotik. Currently using RB750gr3 for my unifi 500mbps with fasttrack enable. Now waiting my RB4011igs+rm probably reach me in this few days. just want to ask, do we still need fasttrack to be enable on this 1.4Ghz Quad core router? so far i have 2 unit Dlink 882 and 1 unit Dlink 3060 as an AP connected to my main wired router via utp CAT5e cable. system workload, user 3 ppl, unifi tv, iptv & my kid using for his online learning too. no torrent as well. thank you.
most likely no? my HAP ac^2 running fine, around 20-30% utilisation when running full 300Mbps without fast track + ~30 mangle rules laugh.gif using it with wifi disabled, just routing. wifi all handled by Aruba APs

QUOTE(skywardsword @ Nov 14 2020, 10:24 PM)
Wowee, manage to set up the Ambience that I gifted to a family. Almost did not get it set up. The quick set up did not work. Luckily managed to find the password for the maxis router via some router view software.

Had to manually set up vlan to 621 and use port two of the BTU.... So exciting. The range is super good. Wireless ac from the 2nd floor...thru a concrete floor.
single ambience or multiple?

wanted to go for Mikrotik AP (cAP AC) but their wireless implementation really lacking sweat.gif plus I had a lot of problem with mDNS (HomeKit devices no response) with my previous mikrotik AP + apple time capsule, need to periodically switch on/off the wifi to get HomeKit devices to sync back
skywardsword
post Nov 17 2020, 05:05 PM

On my way
636 posts

QUOTE(quadcube @ Nov 17 2020, 04:55 PM)
most likely no? my HAP ac^2 running fine, around 20-30% utilisation when running full 300Mbps without fast track + ~30 mangle rules laugh.gif using it with wifi disabled, just routing. wifi all handled by Aruba APs
single ambience or multiple?

wanted to go for Mikrotik AP (cAP AC) but their wireless implementation really lacking sweat.gif plus I had a lot of problem with mDNS (HomeKit devices no response) with my previous mikrotik AP + apple time capsule, need to periodically switch on/off the wifi to get HomeKit devices to sync back
oh dear you serious? their wireless implementation is bad? argh. I was having trouble with the quick setup. but after I got it going using manual setup. so far no complain from the family I gifted it.

I went with just one ambience as it is only a double storey semi-D. I think it is over kill, but since it as mesh, I figured maybe it might be upgradable eventually. Furthermore, the internet connection for the family is at 30mbps... so it is definitely over kill. <I suggested to upgrade to 100mbps if TM or Maxis give good offer >

I got it at rm 599 - for the ambience. so I think ok lah. <<I have no idea why it is so cheap... seem like cheaper then RRP>>> competition from Xiaomi and others??
heidarren
post Nov 17 2020, 06:01 PM

Getting Started
246 posts

QUOTE(skywardsword @ Nov 17 2020, 05:05 PM)
oh dear you serious? their wireless implementation is bad? argh. I was having trouble with the quick setup. but after I got it going using manual setup. so far no complain from the family I gifted it.

I went with just one ambience as it is only a double storey semi-D. I think it is over kill, but since it as mesh, I figured maybe it might be upgradable eventually. Furthermore, the internet connection for the family is at 30mbps... so it is definitely over kill. <I suggested to upgrade to 100mbps if TM or Maxis give good offer >

I got it at rm 599 - for the ambience. so I think ok lah. <<I have no idea why it is so cheap... seem like cheaper then RRP>>> competition from Xiaomi and others??
Do you mean Audience? I think SUBTel is doing clearance 🤔

quadcube
post Nov 17 2020, 06:02 PM

Regular
1,771 posts

QUOTE(skywardsword @ Nov 17 2020, 05:05 PM)

yea, lots of wave2 features missing (some are available on beta firmware, have't tried them though). I used to do quick setup when I first got into Mikrotik but its better to wipe clean and do it manually smile.gif

how big is the semi-D? could you share the layout and some wifi analysis data? I could only barely cover mine with 2x Aruba AP11 APs on each floor (more details here https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5055919), probably the brick walls too thick laugh.gif

I guess you bought it from sublime telecom? laugh.gif I got all my Mikrotik fix from them, usually the cheapest + pretty near to my place, easy to COD at their office
today just got my hands on Aruba WiFi6 AP, haven't plan out the new AP layout. hopefully after testing the potential layouts, I don't have to resort into putting an AP in every room sweat.gif
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

skywardsword
post Nov 17 2020, 08:51 PM

On my way
636 posts

QUOTE(quadcube @ Nov 17 2020, 06:02 PM)
yea, lots of wave2 features missing (some are available on beta firmware, have't tried them though). I used to do quick setup when I first got into Mikrotik but its better to wipe clean and do it manually smile.gif

how big is the semi-D? could you share the layout and some wifi analysis data? I could only barely cover mine with 2x Aruba AP11 APs on each floor (more details here https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5055919), probably the brick walls too thick laugh.gif

I guess you bought it from sublime telecom? laugh.gif I got all my Mikrotik fix from them, usually the cheapest + pretty near to my place, easy to COD at their office
today just got my hands on Aruba WiFi6 AP, haven't plan out the new AP layout. hopefully after testing the potential layouts, I don't have to resort into putting an AP in every room sweat.gif
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

yeah from subtel. I think the house is about 5k sq ft, ground and 1st floor. so not exactly super big. most rooms get coverage and signals pass thru 1 concrete floor and 1 brick wall. and the router is right in the middle of the house.

I did not run any test other then the simple speed test... and got 30mbps up and down. that is the max for the maxis fiber connection at that place. *** to be honest, it is not even taxing 10% of what this is capable right?

(the general feel, upgrading from the maxis tplink router is, that it feels snappy. )

Sometimes WIFI also affected by an old TV set(that your neighbour have) or other interference, or an old refrigerator ect ect. so not necessary your Aruba is not good enough. hahaha.

From what I can tell, just one ambience is more then enough at this location. (but in future if go up to 800mbps or 1gbps. maybe a 2nd mesh is needed)

@ heidarren

... any particular reason it is being cleared out?

This post has been edited by skywardsword: Nov 17 2020, 08:52 PM
quadcube
post Nov 17 2020, 10:04 PM

Regular
1,771 posts

QUOTE(skywardsword @ Nov 17 2020, 08:51 PM)
yeah from subtel. I think the house is about 5k sq ft, ground and 1st floor. so not exactly super big. most rooms get coverage and signals pass thru 1 concrete floor and 1 brick wall. and the router is right in the middle of the house.

I did not run any test other then the simple speed test... and got 30mbps up and down. that is the max for the maxis fiber connection at that place. *** to be honest, it is not even taxing 10% of what this is capable right?

(the general feel, upgrading from the maxis tplink router is, that it feels snappy. )

Sometimes WIFI also affected by an old TV set(that your neighbour have) or other interference, or an old refrigerator ect ect. so not necessary your Aruba is not good enough. hahaha.

From what I can tell, just one ambience is more then enough at this location. (but in future if go up to 800mbps or 1gbps. maybe a 2nd mesh is needed)

@ heidarren

... any particular reason it is being cleared out?
eh? isn't 5k sq ft like huge? laugh.gif mine idk how big but already hard to cover with only 3 AP running at max TX, all ceiling mounted.
hopefully can get my hands on one to test out its capability in my house laugh.gif

159 Pages « < 108 109 110 111 112 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0281sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:23 AM