Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Old skool shaving, Best and closest shave ever

patryn33
post Sep 27 2017, 08:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

When one is starting out vs an old bird it’s going to affect time

New driver in a mustang can drive slow cause worried of accident, while someone experienced in beat up proton can be driving much faster.

When there is human involved the issue most likely exist between keyboard and chair
whistler
post Sep 27 2017, 09:24 PM

On my way

QUOTE(patryn33 @ Sep 27 2017, 08:27 PM)
When one is starting out vs an old bird it’s going to affect time

New driver in a mustang can drive slow cause worried of accident, while someone experienced in beat up proton can be driving much faster.

When there is human involved the issue most likely exist between keyboard and chair
You retarded? An open comb razor will not take longer to shave compared to a razor with a safety bar.
What makes a razor aggressive or mild is dependent on its geometry ie. the blade gap and blade exposure.
It has got nothing to do with whether its an open comb or safety bar razor!

You are clueless as f. Do us all a favor, go back to your hole and play with your plastic razor.
grinnfrownin
post Oct 13 2017, 11:48 AM

Group: Junior Member

DE user here. Before used those expensive gillet 3,4,5 blade razor..Their replacement blade was criminally expensive.

Then changed to a merkur DE while in uni. Bought at ebay. ,cant remember model already. Black handle, opens like flower.

Also lazy type so just go for hot shower and straight away shave, no rash burn, I dont remember the last time had it. No in grown hair. But I notice my shave is the smootheest if I leave my facial hair lengthen abit.

Definitely cost saving and effective. Been using mine for 6 years and havent change the handle. I dont know there's any reason to change the handle unless I lost it.

Maybe the only improvement Im looking for since a better casing for the handle and razors. Currently just using a small tupperware box when carrying out of town.
boygenetic
post Oct 18 2017, 06:34 AM

Getting Started

just purchased these recently.
used to shave using triple blades but switched to DE as it is more cost effective.

[attachmentid=9249757]

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Archemedia
post Oct 22 2017, 01:04 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(boygenetic @ Oct 18 2017, 06:34 AM)
just purchased these recently.
used to shave using triple blades but switched to DE as it is more cost effective.

[attachmentid=9249757]
where to buy?
boygenetic
post Oct 24 2017, 06:45 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Archemedia @ Oct 22 2017, 01:04 PM)
where to buy?
friend got it for me from china.
those razor has some weight to it.
newlyjoined
post Nov 8 2017, 11:41 AM

Getting Started

Hi guys

With all the stuff one can buy locally and online (through locally sourced shops) I find it surprising that one can't buy such basic thing as a quality DE razor.

So for, say, a merkur 34c, I have to order it online from overseas? No shop I can walk in and grab one?
niakulah
post Nov 8 2017, 02:08 PM

On my way

QUOTE(newlyjoined @ Nov 8 2017, 11:41 AM)
Hi guys

With all the stuff one can buy locally and online (through locally sourced shops) I find it surprising that one can't buy such basic thing as a quality DE razor.

So for, say, a merkur 34c, I have to order it online from overseas? No shop I can walk in and grab one?
Basic? These are niche products bro.

It's not like you can find a shop in every town, in the UK for example, that will carry Merkur razors.
newlyjoined
post Nov 8 2017, 11:56 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(niakulah @ Nov 8 2017, 02:08 PM)
Basic? These are niche products bro.

It's not like you can find a shop in every town, in the UK for example, that will carry Merkur razors.
Touche. But I thought there'd be at least some "specialty" shops, you know like those "cigar and pipes" shops etc. But one for highend men's grooming.

I guess I will order one online then. Thanks
veron208
post Nov 10 2017, 09:40 AM

On my way

anyone here have tried out the mingshi 2000 ? planning to get one since it is adjustable to try out a few settings

biloxee
post Nov 19 2017, 03:07 PM

Getting Started

Attached Image
SOTD - WWI US Army issued Gillette Khaki Set
rocketride
post Today, 12:10 AM

Group: Newbie

i usually prefer other people to give me a close shave... dont trust myself to hold the blade :/

24 Pages « < 22 23 24Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0780sec    5.97    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 01:18 PM