Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

160 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME), Guide & everything about this career! (Engineering)

XxAC3xX
post Feb 6 2009, 05:31 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(azameel @ Feb 5 2009, 07:47 PM)
from my post
from jazzy939 extracted from bcar section L

try to compare it, there is no E and I in the bcar section L,
there is only A, C, X, and R

jazzy939, can you enlighten me on the Cat X license,
for electrical trade, which is the correct category?
i always listen people say E and I only or EIR,
never heard of CAT X other than the one in the bcar section L
i rectified them alrdy...check whether if its like tat...
JohnMax
post Feb 6 2009, 09:41 PM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

UPDATE 06JUNE2011
The details below had obsolete no longer can be current references. Please be advice that the information below had become a read-only for the past first batch to batch 8. Current batch have all new courses. We hope someone can provide the new information about this course at PSA. This course had change to a new course which named Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering. All the course details had changed and OJT also. The information below had become a historical references only not for current usage.

REQUIREMENTS APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION INTO POLITEKNIK KPT FOR HOLDER OF SPM CERTIFICATE
Course: DIPLOMA IN AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Money need to use for study this course:
RM500 (FIRST ENTRY) + RM 200 (FEES) + RM120 (POLY) = RM320 Per Semester (Optional RM60 for hostel at Poly) (Bus Provided to and back from Poly to MAS)
Total for 5 Semester (5th Semester no need to pay)= RM 1780.

Scholarship Available - PTPTN, JPA, Kuok Foundation, Yayasan and more.

Complete Guide : How to enter Polytechnic Diploma Aircraft Maintenance (DAM) Course and PROS AND CONS.

EASA Part 66 - CAT A
Course details.
Semester 1
PSA -------- MORAL STUDY 1
PSA -------- ENGLISH FOR TECHNICAL PURPOSES 1
MODULE 1 - MATHEMATICS
MODULE 2 - PHYSICS
MODULE 6 - MATERIAL AND HARDWARE(MCQ)
MODULE 6 - MATERIAL DAN HARDWARE(ASP)
PSA --------- TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION
PSA --------- INDUSTRIAL SAFETY
MODULE 7 - MAINTENANCE PRACTICES(MCQ)
MODULE 7 - MAINTENANCE PRACTICES(ESSAY)
PSA --------- COMPUTER APPLICATION
PSA --------- KO KUIKULUM 1(Kawat)

Semester 2
PSA ---------- MORAL STUDY 2
PSA ---------- ENLISH FOR TECHNICAL PURPOSE 2
PSA ---------- KO KURIKULUM 2 (Kelab Kauseling)
MODULE 11 - AEROPLANE AERODYNAMICS, STRUCTURES AND SYSTEMS - METC Books, MAS Instuctors. + ASP
MODULE 8 - BASIC AERODYNAMIC
AIRCRAFT SUPPORT WORKSHOP 1 at MAS - WORKSHOP 40 days
AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE WORKSHOP 1 at MAS - HANGAR 24 days + AIM (Aircraft Interior Maintenance)
MAS Company Procedures at MAS
Industrial Safety Briefing at MAS

Semester 3
On Job Training - AIRCRAFT SUPPORT WORKSHOP 2 at MAS - Hangar 100 days = AIM+EIR+A&C
B747-400 Systems Gen.Fam. at MAS (each candidate can only have 2 from either gen fam)
B777-200 Systems Gen.Fam. at MAS
B737-300 Systems Gen.Fam. at MAS
ETOPS Briefing at MAS

Semester 4
MODULE 15 - GAS TURBINE ENGINE +ASP
MODULE 17 - PROPELLER + ASP
MODULE 10 - AVIATION LEGISLATION + ASP
MODULE 9 - HUMAN FACTOR
MODULE 3 - FUNDAMENTAL ELECTRIC + ASP
MODULE 5 - DIGITAL TECHNIQUES + ASP
MODULE 4 - FUNDAMENTAL ELECTRONIC +ASP
AIRCRAFT SUPPORT WORKSHOP 2 at MAS - Workshop 40 days

Semester 5
On Job Training - AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE WORKSHOP 2 at MAS - Hangar 100 DAYS = AIM+EIR+A&C

Hope all this information will help you all.

Next intake if I not mistaken, Batch 9 JULY 2010 will be 6 semester and OJT one semester only add up with mechanical subjects to widen the output scope. (will update with you all)

P/S: OJT will cover most of the hangar production lines except propeller from line 5 to line 11. Workshop will cover mostly all a total of 16 workshop include mechanical and avionics, eg: Landing Gear, Airframe, Sanitary, Hydraulic, Safety, Seat Bay, Sheet Metal, Galley, Radio, Instrument, IFE, Electrical, Standard Room, NDT, Composite, and Paint.

Updated 13 June 2011

Links:
Politeknik Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah (PSA)

UPDATE

This post has been edited by JohnMax: Jun 9 2011, 01:15 PM
XxAC3xX
post Feb 6 2009, 10:50 PM

Casual

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

yup tats wat i wan!! great job john max!! rclxms.gif thumbup.gif
bt it would b helpful if u could mention the duration for each process/sem. until u graduated

could sum1 provide a guide like wat john max did for MIAT, Nilai n more?
the effort would b much appreciated!!

btw gt sum question 2 ask:
1. dca,easa n bcar r diff systems which provide diff license? i heard tat we nid 2 convert the easa license to DCA/LWTR???
2. so after i graduated frm those institutions like MIAT,Nilai,polytech...
-ill b provided a diploma cert. n LWTR ??
-ill b able 2 work as a LAE in MAS,AA,Transmile? o i nid 2 undergo more training 2 b LAE?
3. plz tell me the available path n duration for each path to b able to work in MAS/AA/Transmile etc
4. since LWTR requires 2yrs workin exp, so after gettin LWTR, we cn work as a LAE in MAS/AA etc alrdy???
5. wat it means by type rating?? izzit diff aircraft nids diff license? o izzit means diff parts o the aircraft like radio, engine, airframe, electrical??

uhh..sumtimes i dun really noe wanna ask wat...so confusing... rclxub.gif
btw, time, cost n chances on gettin employed of dis career matters alot to me...plz provide me sum info bout it...

This post has been edited by XxAC3xX: Feb 6 2009, 11:37 PM
azameel
post Feb 7 2009, 12:24 AM

Getting Started

OMG. The selection is a lot harder than Tame Mas

LWTR is License Without Type Rating you cannot work on aircraft yet, you need to have the type rating.
Let say if you got a A licence from DCA, you cant work on any aircraft yet, then you take the 737-400 type rating,
now u can work on the aircraft already, but only on the task you can approved (Airframe), you cant work on the engine.If you take the C license, now u can work on both of A and C, if you want to work on other aircraft
eg 777-200, you need to take the 777 type rating, which means u will get more coverage, and more allowances.

Both Easa and Bcar license is called LWTR,
but the type rating is issued by the company eg Mas, Air Asia etc.

So after you grads, you still need to undergo training, it is the type rating, and company courses

If im not mistaken, converting from Easa to Bcar license is just the matter of sitting for a Air Legislation paper.
For Bcar license, we need to change to Easa later on, cause DCA are in the way of converting to Easa

For Mas they only take LAE with type rating only.

If you got an Easa license, you can easily look for jobs overseas

And today I found out that the fresh LAE basic is RM1900+RM1000(Allowance)=RM2900

Not yet + OT....... and type rating....
which company is this? i thought the basic is 2k+, +Rm1000 technical allowance +Rm1xx Shift Allowance +RM50 Laundry Allowance biggrin.gif + Dunno what else, first type rating wont get allowance

If u got a wide body license for (second type rating n above), i heard the allowance is RM1000
and for narrow body is Rm500

cause in aviation although you do not know the answer you have to put a answer for it also. There is chances to get correct.

This is a big no-no in aviation, if you dont know, ask someone who knows (not in exam), never hesitate, you'll be playing with hundreds of life, you must get it 100% right, you shouldnt be playing with chances

a quote i heard from someone
The difference between a doctor and an LAE
-If a doctor messed up, one life would be gone, If LAE messed up, hundreds of life would be gone

This post has been edited by azameel: Feb 7 2009, 12:47 AM
XxAC3xX
post Feb 7 2009, 12:55 AM

Casual

QUOTE(azameel @ Feb 7 2009, 12:24 AM)

LWTR is License Without Type Rating you cannot work on aircraft yet, you need to have the type rating.
Let say if you got a A licence from DCA, you cant work on any aircraft yet, then you take the 737-400 type,
now u can work on the aircraft already, but only on the task you can approved (Airframe), you cant work on the engine.
If you take the C license, now u can work on both of A and C, if you want to work on other aircraft eg 777-200, you need to take the 777 type rating, which means u will get more coverage, and more allowances.

So after you grads, you still need to undergo training, it is the type rating, and company courses

If im not mistaken, converting from Easa to Bcar license is just the matter of sitting for a Air Legislation paper.
For Bcar license, we need to change to Easa later on, cause DCA are in the way of converting to Easa

For Mas they only take LAE with type rating only.

If you got an Easa license, you can easily look for jobs overseas
which company is this? i thought tyhe basic is 2k+, +Rm1000 technical allowance +Rm1xx Shift Allowance +RM50 Laundry Allowance biggrin.gif + Dunno what else, first type rating wont get allowance

If u got a wide body license for (second type rating n above), i heard the allowance is RM1000
and for narrow body is Rm500
This is a big no-no in aviation, if you dont know, ask someone who knows (not in exam), never hesitate, you'll be playing with hundreds of life, you must get it 100% right (Sorry bad english)

oic...so it means tat i hav 2 choose Cat B1 (EASA) to study 1st then take LWTR exam 2 get tat license which is only eligible 4 me 2 repair A,C,E parts on every aircraft oni rite?
-roughly hw long 4 a person 2 obtain LWTR? the fastest to get is hw long? hw much does it cost in the whole process?
-so hw do i obtain the type rating? the lae in tat company will teach us until we qualify 2 repair them? o we nid 2 study n sit for exam? require $$? time consuming??
-LAE is all bout studying while working to obtain more type rating izzit?

jazzy939
post Feb 7 2009, 01:05 AM

reel is real

Oh really? Says who? hmm.gif

azameel
post Feb 7 2009, 01:14 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(XxAC3xX @ Feb 7 2009, 12:55 AM)
oic...so it means tat i hav 2 choose Cat B1 (EASA) to study 1st then take LWTR exam 2 get tat license which is only eligible 4 me 2 repair A,C,E parts on every aircraft oni rite?
-roughly hw long 4 a person 2 obtain LWTR? the fastest to get is hw long? hw much does it cost in the whole process?
-so hw do i obtain the type rating? the lae in tat company will teach us until we qualify 2 repair them? o we nid 2 study n sit for exam? require $$? time consuming??
-LAE is all bout studying while working to obtain more type rating izzit?
yup,(for EASA) you study B1, once you finished it you have to take the conversion exam (air leg) than you will get the LWTR im not sure which one is the fastest, maybe we have to wait for lestat race to finish biggrin.gif
but basically it should be around 5 years in average.

to obtain the type rating, we need the recommendation from the foreman, than we will have the type courses, than we should then take the exam by the company, there is written and oral exam.but if we work at ASU, getting new type is easy, since time is limited in ASU so they prefer lae to have multi coverage

the more type rating you got the more allowance you got,

Oh really? Says who? hmm.gif

i have no solid reference, but thats what i heard from training school and from a lot of people in MAS
thats why i started of with Easa license, but then revert to Bcar since mas training school couldnt get part 147.
they even changed the maximum working hours daily, maximum of 6 continous working days etc,
and they said it is easa regulation
plz correct me if im wrong
btw, may i know where u work jazzy
btw, im still a trainee not yet an lae

This post has been edited by azameel: Feb 7 2009, 01:17 AM
jazzy939
post Feb 7 2009, 06:41 AM

reel is real

My last conversation with the technical training manager of MAS, he said MAS will be reverting back to BCAR Section L when they're going to re-start apprenticeship training.

I used to work in MAS wink.gif I am an LAME.

My sources in DCA said that as far as EASA is concerned, there are no requirements as such for us to change/convert. Our BCAR Section L still works and applicable(which I fully agree). TheBCAR Section L is part of MCAR. We need to change/revised the MCAR first, which will take 'some time'...
Even IF DCA were to adopt EASA-66, it is obviously with changes/modifications to suit our requirements and situations, and it is STILL will be DCA's AMEL.
We're NOT part of the EU. There are issues with the EU and there reasons why the need for them to use a common standard, hence the EASA-66.

QUOTE(azameel @ Feb 7 2009, 01:14 AM)
the more type rating you got the more allowance you got,
i have no solid reference, but thats what i heard from training school and from a lot of people in MAS
thats why i started of with Easa license, but then revert to Bcar since mas training school couldnt get part 147.
they even changed the maximum working hours daily, maximum of 6 continous working days etc,
and they said it is easa regulation 
plz correct me if im wrong
btw, may i know where u work jazzy
btw, im still a trainee not yet an lae
This post has been edited by jazzy939: Feb 7 2009, 06:50 AM
JohnMax
post Feb 7 2009, 10:50 AM

On my way

This is a big no-no in aviation, if you dont know, ask someone who knows (not in exam), never hesitate, you'll be playing with hundreds of life, you must get it 100% right, you shouldnt be playing with chances

Hard is not if your english is good, cause people who knew this course is less and people think polytechnic is low education so the pros will not concern. Like us, your english is far beyond, 100% you welcome in cause other is not so good. My group 10 only 2 can speak english, me and an indian now also my batch. the rest gone...

I mean is in examination, not in real aircraft. Don't tell me that you do not know and you want to leave it blank? As Mr.Satish told us to do.
azameel
post Feb 7 2009, 01:28 PM

Getting Started

owh, thanks jazzy, that mean our bcar license will still work,
there is no need to convert to easa license is it?
but having easa license means you are easier to get jobs oversea right?

QUOTE(JohnMax @ Feb 7 2009, 10:50 AM)
Hard is not if your english is good, cause people who knew this course is less and people think polytechnic is low education so the pros will not concern. Like us, your english is far beyond, 100% you welcome in cause other is not so good. My group 10 only 2 can speak english, me and an indian now also my batch. the rest gone...

I mean is in examination, not in real aircraft. Don't tell me that you do not know and you want to leave it blank? As Mr.Satish told us to do.
i mean comparing with tame mas which is only
1.To be selected
2.aptitude test (math,english,IQ)
3.Interview
4.Medical Checkup

and i think few of my friends did the interview in malay biggrin.gif

owh, for the exam, of course i know, luckily for us now there is no more negative marking,
last time, there is, meaning if you didnt answer you'll loose 1 mark
if u answer wrongly, you.ll loose 1.5 mark
so that time you just cant shoot if u dont know the answer

This post has been edited by azameel: Feb 7 2009, 01:30 PM
XxAC3xX
post Feb 7 2009, 02:57 PM

Casual

QUOTE(azameel @ Feb 7 2009, 01:28 PM)
but having easa license means you are easier to get jobs oversea right?
i mean comparing with tame mas which is only
1.To be selected
2.aptitude test (math,english,IQ)
3.Interview
4.Medical Checkup

and i think few of my friends did the interview in malay biggrin.gif

owh, for the exam, of course i know, luckily for us now there is no more negative marking,
last time, there is, meaning if you didnt answer you'll loose 1 mark
if u answer wrongly, you.ll loose 1.5 mark
so that time you just cant shoot if u dont know the answer
-erm, for a spm leaver, the best is to do tame in mas/aa/etc ? cheapest n fastest rite?
-AA n MAS recognize Bcar? so im recomended 2 do bcar betta 2 b able 2 work thr?
-wonder when is the intake for tame of mas n aa dis year...(eligible for spm leaver..)
-will i get employed n recognition after graduate frm MIAT/Nilai by MAS/AA?

ahh...dunno which path 2 choose...do it in MIAT/Nilai or tame prog by MAS/AA...
any recommendation pros here?

btw, thx for answering my questions....mayb my questions is too much....><
azameel
post Feb 7 2009, 03:27 PM

Getting Started

IMHO tame in any airlines is the best(even if the training school is a bit messed up), everything is there for u,
all u have to do is complete the course and u confrim work with them, in fact im considered mas staff already with benefits, epf etc. its not the cheapest, basically its free, in fact im getting monthly allowance, but very little only, might need support from parents, an the payback is 10 years of bond, meaning i have to work 10 years in mas as an lame, if i breach the contract i have to pay the bond which cost RM167k for the 10 yrs

for mas tame there is no more intake, even after my intake they already took diploma leaver
lucky for me coz my batch is the last spm intake.

for aa im not sure on their program, i just heard they got their trainee of their own but dunno the details about it.

second would be the nilai, coz you'll be getting lwtr,
this is just my own opinion

yes AA and mas recognize bcar. coz they are following dca, in fact any company in malaysia recognize bcar

if u got an lwtr license, it recognize almost everywhere in the world, especially if u got the easa lwtr

some info for Nilai University College (NUC) aircraft maintenance course
Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance (NUC)
NIUC Aircraft Maintenance FAQ
EASA part66 Exam in NUC

This post has been edited by azameel: Feb 7 2009, 03:40 PM
bonzaimy
post Feb 7 2009, 03:54 PM

Enthusiast

Guys, Im planning to go sit for B2 courses in Switzeland. Its more reliable and shortcorse and only took 2 month to finish for module 5-14.Other than that module(B2 only) you have to sit for others month. Well, I just got the info yesterday from my friend and told my parent bout it and they said OK. Well, the ebst thing bout this course is, i can take whatever module that i wish to. I already completed module 1,2,3,4,7,6,8,9 and still got more halfway to go. Eventhough they conduct an exam here in Britsih Council, im still have a doubt about module 13. Yes, that's the toughest module in B2 and since the course offer for module 13 at outside is freaking expensive( can up 20 15k) I then decide to just jump into this course.

I want to know if there any of you guys or maybe some of your friends attended this course that been conducted in Switzeland before? And how is it? Easy to pass? And can DCA/QA simply rejected my certificate that i get after I've completed this course?

jazzy939
post Feb 7 2009, 06:09 PM

reel is real

The ICAO Type II license which our DCA's AMEL is, is still readily accepted especially in the middle east.

IF you wanna work with 9M registered aircrafts, it is suffice to hold the DCA's AMEL.
And you you want to venture out.. go with EASA.

QUOTE(azameel @ Feb 7 2009, 01:28 PM)

jazzy939
post Feb 7 2009, 06:12 PM

reel is real

Yes, they can. Especially places where they do it in a 'short' time. Quality vs quantity issues.

QUOTE(bonzaimy @ Feb 7 2009, 03:54 PM)

I want to know if there any of you guys or maybe some of your friends attended this course that been conducted in Switzeland before? And how is it? Easy to pass? And can DCA/QA simply rejected my certificate that i get after I've completed this course?
bonzaimy
post Feb 7 2009, 07:40 PM

Enthusiast

But if DCA reject my cert, I still can work with any other European airlines? Well, that's the main point now. smile.gif
jazzy939
post Feb 7 2009, 09:08 PM

reel is real

Of course! I won't lose any sleep over it! tongue.gif

QUOTE(bonzaimy @ Feb 7 2009, 07:40 PM)
But if DCA reject my cert, I still can work with any other European airlines? Well, that's the main point now. smile.gif
khye89
post Feb 7 2009, 09:20 PM

QUOTE(JohnMax @ Feb 7 2009, 10:50 AM)

excuse me MR JOHN, tat mean i also don't know how to speak English la...WTH is tat...i same group with u what...hahaha

Added on February 7, 2009, 9:30 pm

Let say if you got a A licence from DCA, you cant work on any aircraft yet, then you take the 737-400 type rating,
now u can work on the aircraft already, but only on the task you can approved (Airframe), you cant work on the engine.If you take the C license, now u can work on both of A and C, if you want to work on other aircraft
eg 777-200, you need to take the 777 type rating, which means u will get more coverage, and more allowances.

erm..tat mean if tat time i just work as a contract staff(mechanic) in MAS,and i get my EASA license and still waiting for type rating,i still a mechanic?

This post has been edited by khye89: Feb 7 2009, 09:30 PM
jazzy939
post Feb 7 2009, 09:49 PM

reel is real

khye89,
"LWTR is License Without Type Rating you cannot work on aircraft yet, you need to have the type rating."

Not entirely correct. There's no problem about working on the aircraft, it is just that you are not doing any CERTIFICATIONS with regards to release to service, the work and the aircraft.

Here is what I see the EASA licensing is all about.
In a nutshell, it enables technician/mechanics to have license and the authority to certify and /or release aircraft and aircraft related work. Just like the FAA mechanics. Are you an engineer? Not in EASA you don't have to. It's just a position and/or grade in the company that employs you.

This post has been edited by jazzy939: Feb 7 2009, 09:52 PM
khye89
post Feb 7 2009, 09:56 PM

QUOTE(jazzy939 @ Feb 7 2009, 09:49 PM)
khye89,
"LWTR is License Without Type Rating you cannot work on aircraft yet, you need to have the type rating."

Not entirely correct. There's no problem about working on the aircraft, it is just that you are not doing any CERTIFICATIONS with regards to release to service, the work and the aircraft.

Here is what I see the EASA licensing is all about.
In a nutshell, it enables technician/mechanics to have license and the authority to certify and /or release aircraft and aircraft related work. Just like the FAA mechanics. Are you an engineer? Not in EASA you don't have to. It's just a position and/or grade in the company that employs you.
yup...i get it...thanks...

160 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0964sec    6.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd February 2019 - 12:31 AM