Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

161 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Engineering Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME), Guide & everything about this career!

views

HiddenTrap
post Feb 4 2009, 08:28 AM

Getting Started
134 posts

QUOTE(boyboy~~ @ Feb 4 2009, 02:04 AM)
what the course call? which Uni or College offer?
I'm not a LAME student. LAME pros please answer this.
jazzy939
post Feb 4 2009, 08:39 AM

reel is real
8,183 posts

In a nutshell:
Extracts from BCAR Section L. Please read and understand the whole requirements.
I highlighted in bold items that you need to be well aware of.

Download here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 Eligibility

2.1 Prior to the grant/extension of a Licence an applicant shall be not less than:
a) 20 years of age for a LWTR;
b) 21 years of age for a Type Rating.
An application may be made no more than three months in advance of these ages.

2.2 An applicant for the grant/extension of a Licence shall:

a) submit an application which is acceptable in content and presentation;
b) provide evidence of acceptable experience and any training course requirements
relevant to the application;
c) be able to read, write, interpret technical reports and carry out technical
discussions in the English language
;
d) reach a satisfactory standard in any examinations required;
e) pay the appropriate fee.

3 Application for a Licence Without Type Rating (LWTR)
3.1 Before applying for the grant or extension of a LWTR, an applicant must have passed
all necessary written examinations as described in Chapter L3.

4 Experience Requirements – LWTR
4.1 Categories – A, C, X and R
Applications for the grant or extension of a Licence in any of these Categories (except
Category ‘X’ – Compass Compensation and Adjustment, for which see paragraph 3.4)
must show confirmed minimum specific periods of aviation maintenance engineering
experience totalling 3 years.

4.1.1 Applications must also show the following minimum experience, which must have
been gained whilst maintaining operating aircraft and not in component workshops or
on static or non-flying aircraft:
a) for a Category ‘A’ and/or ‘C’ LWTR, 24 months relating to Airframe and/or Engine
maintenance, 12 months of which must be in the 2 years immediately preceding
the date of application.
b) for any Category ‘R’ and/or ‘X’ LWTR (excluding Category ‘X’ – Compass
Compensation and Adjustment), 24 months related to avionic systems, 12 months
of which must be in the 2 years immediately preceding the date of application.
c) 6 months, within the 12 months referred to in (a) and (b), relevant to the specific
LWTR for which application is being made.

This post has been edited by jazzy939: Feb 4 2009, 08:44 AM
azameel
post Feb 4 2009, 06:18 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

There you go, a complete guide on BCAR section L by jazzy939.

To be a LAME u need the License. not diploma/degree or others.
that is the only requirement for a LAME

The license can be obtained using The BCAR Section L like what jazzy939 state down and another option would be through the EASA PART66 Personnel Licensing

There is some college/uni which offer this program such as the NILAI COLLEGE which is using the EASA PART66 or METC, MIAT etc
JohnMax
post Feb 4 2009, 08:30 PM

On my way
543 posts

I understand now, I need to direct take LWTR not diploma and degree.

Information I get for today at XXX:
1) Work under MAS as staff, coporation with formen and go for LWTR at MAS training school is free. (100%)
2) Work under Mas as contract staff, want to get course can need to pay(individual)...but depend on company. But chances are like 10 pages of Harry Potter Books... (Still need update)
3) METC is totally free, and instuctor is from MAS training school... (still need update)
4) METC exam or ?? fail also get job at MAS. What I heard is 100% get job. Not much motivated. (I wonder is this true?)
5) AirAsia got courses, but have to pay for your own. This people are 100% motivated because they pay to study. Like RM500 a course than pay by cash. (Still need update)
6) Polytechnic Diploma Aircraft Maintenance = EASA CAT A. (still need update)

P/S: What I tell is what I heard. 100% sure or not is up to you(I also not sure, still searching for more info, but spoke by someone who is experience enough) . B. Any missclaim I am sorry.

I found that I get these files info from someone. But I dont part of inside what they talking.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
azameel
post Feb 4 2009, 09:29 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

3) METC is totally free, and instuctor is from MAS training school... (still need update)
4) METC exam or ?? fail also get job at MAS. What I heard is 100% get job. Not much motivated. (I wonder is this true?)
From what i know metc only brings felda people in, no intake for public.Few of the instructor are ex-mas. but I do see METC trainee having courses in MAS training school. If they fail they arent allowed to take license, maybe they are downgraded to become junior tech./mech

JohnMax, what are you doing right now actually?

Lestat
post Feb 4 2009, 09:42 PM

Casual
392 posts

if everybody knows that to be LAME u need no academic qualification, traing school such as MIAT, Nilai, etc should already flush their aviation courses down the toilet. Here comes AN no 85. Skip all the rubbish, go straight to paragraph 6. im not going to quote, READ. i've even pointed where to read. u guys should've read AN no 5 too, thanks to mr. jazzy. he got his hand dirty to quote for u guys.

Let's play a game,

Guy A start working in aviation and gather experience to go for LWTR (As per AN no 5). don't ask how he suddenly start working in aviation tongue.gif
Guy B go to DCA-approved training school (As per AN no 85).
Guy C go to a university in UK and pursue EASA license.
Guy D pursue EASA license locally in Malaysia.
Guy E join TAME program with an airliner.

Which guy can sign off an aircraft and get big bucks first?
Jazzy, any other option i missed?

the winner get prosperity burger biggrin.gif .. DOUBLE!
while stock last tongue.gif
JohnMax
post Feb 4 2009, 10:21 PM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(azameel @ Feb 4 2009, 09:29 PM)
JohnMax, what are you doing right now actually?
Im suffering from what I found for my self. Being in the wrong field to get to LAME. My First batch senior rumors is they maybe will be contract staff in MAS. If it does, I will leave now to change my patch. Because this will waste my time become contract staff like you said before, when working no mood to study cause overtime. and motivated is a must for me.
As I said 2) Work under Mas as contract staff, want to get course can need to pay(individual)...but depend on company. But chances are like 10 pages of Harry Potter Books... (Still need update)
So to go out for this is a miracle and is miserable. Wrong path of live is a must to correct since early.
Any motivation or any idea for me to continue to LAME? with short way. Cause I know I can do it with express way, but the chances is not there...
santana
post Feb 4 2009, 10:44 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

Lestat, my answer wud be GUY E, provided he didnt screw up during his training..I think that those who join TAME programme wif airlines will have a faster path of becoming an LAE( in 5 years)..almost everything is planned n structured inlcuding OJT n type course..all u got to do is work ur a$$ out to get the LWTR..(correct me if i'm wrong)..

To da rest out there, don give up so easily...no doubt money(LAE dont reli earn tat much) is one of the FACTOR, but dont make it the no 1 factor/motivation of u choosing this career...
u've got to love ur job, then every drop of sweat and effort u put in is worthwhile n u'll not regret the path taken, coz tats wat u wana do for da rest of ur life...

cheers..

azameel
post Feb 4 2009, 10:52 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

by right guy E should be the fastest way

almost everything is planned n structured inlcuding OJT n type course

this is not very true, it may seems like it, but trust me, it isnt anything near that biggrin.gif
well, actually it depends on the airline training school

JohnMax , i think Nilai College aircraft maintenance program should suit you

This post has been edited by azameel: Feb 4 2009, 10:56 PM
JohnMax
post Feb 4 2009, 10:54 PM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(Lestat @ Feb 4 2009, 09:42 PM)
if everybody knows that to be LAME u need no academic qualification, traing school such as MIAT, Nilai, etc should already flush their aviation courses down the toilet. Here comes AN no 85.  Skip all the rubbish, go straight to paragraph 6. im not going to quote, READ. i've even pointed where to read. u guys should've read AN no 5 too, thanks to mr. jazzy. he got his hand dirty to quote for u guys.
Let's play a game,

Guy A start working in aviation and gather experience to go for LWTR (As per AN no 5). don't ask how he suddenly start working in aviation tongue.gif
Guy B go to DCA-approved training school (As per AN no 85).
Guy C go to a university in UK and pursue EASA license.
Guy D pursue EASA license locally in Malaysia.
Guy E join TAME program with an airliner.

Which guy can sign off an aircraft and get big bucks first?
Jazzy, any other option i missed?

the winner get prosperity burger biggrin.gif .. DOUBLE!
while stock last tongue.gif
Ya I agree with santana because if EASA they need work experiences, that will lead them behind by times.

So I will choose Guy E.

QUOTE(santana @ Feb 4 2009, 10:44 PM)
To da rest out there, don give up so easily...no doubt money(LAE dont reli earn tat much) is one of the FACTOR, but dont make it the no 1 factor/motivation of u choosing this career...
u've got to love ur job, then every drop of sweat and effort u put in is worthwhile n u'll not regret the path taken, coz tats wat u wana do for da rest of ur life...

cheers..
Ya loving this job is no1. Working as a part if life time to get a LAE is not what I wanted. As how smart you are is depend on the company. Since there is so many LWTR. I also not sure why there is Demand on malaysia?

Hai~ tired with this, working as a contract staff, no one want it accually for jr.tech.
TSXxAC3xX
post Feb 4 2009, 11:23 PM

Casual
380 posts

QUOTE(santana @ Feb 4 2009, 10:44 PM)
Lestat, my answer wud be GUY E, provided he didnt screw up during his training..I think that those who join TAME programme wif airlines will have a faster path of becoming an LAE( in 5 years)..almost everything is planned n structured inlcuding OJT n type course..all  u got to do is work ur a$$ out to get the LWTR..(correct me if i'm wrong)..

cheers..
ur advice do enlighten me alot...i thk i made money as a factor for interested in dis career.... doh.gif
im a spm leaver....still quite confuse on my choice.... rclxub.gif

so i wanna seek for sum opinions frm u guys :
-wat do u guys normally do when working?? is the jobs being fun or stressful?
-wat was the average working working hours per day? frm wat time to wat time?? hw many working days per week?
-do u satisfied wif the job n the pay?
-hws the working environment??
-wat kind of ppl do u guys meet? wat kind of race n gender? cn we meet those beautiful stewardress?? biggrin.gif

btw, u guys doin great job in providin info! keep it up!

This post has been edited by XxAC3xX: Feb 4 2009, 11:24 PM
hakunamatata
post Feb 4 2009, 11:50 PM

On my way
511 posts

off topic :
lowyat info is better than the forum.flydamnit lol.. sum1 shld open a same thread at enginneering there brows.gif
destroyer
post Feb 4 2009, 11:56 PM

Gila Makan!
1,624 posts

It's the contribution of the senior/otai in LAME here.

i think flydamnit more towards pilot.
santana
post Feb 5 2009, 12:00 AM

Getting Started
58 posts

ur advice do enlighten me alot...i thk i made money as a factor for interested in dis career.... 
im a spm leaver....still quite confuse on my choice.... 

-wat was the average working working hours per day? frm wat time to wat time?? hw many working days per week?
-wat kind of ppl do u guys meet? wat kind of race n gender? cn we meet those beautiful stewardress?? 

1)LAE's job is to certify the airworthiness of the AC, not to mention the maintenance task carried out..It comes wif a great resposibility..

2)Working hours-8 hours for base, 12 hours for ASU( 4 days work, 4 days off but depends on airlines)

3)The pay is ok i guess(havent much INFO, it wud be helpful if anyone can give an aproximate figure or preferably ur own first pay check), bout satisfaction, again u muz love wat u're doing...when u love wat u're doing, then comes satisfaction... =)

4)it depends how u take it...

5)some pakcik pakcik n young LAE...haha...but most of them are frenly people as long as u respect them...mostly guys, a multiculture society..
bout stewardess, the pilots ll hav d opportunity...d nice onces all kena sapu by pilot..so don expect much...

TSXxAC3xX
post Feb 5 2009, 12:23 AM

Casual
380 posts

QUOTE(santana @ Feb 5 2009, 12:00 AM)
1)LAE's job is to certify the airworthiness of the AC, not to mention the maintenance task carried out..It comes wif a great resposibility..

2)Working hours-8 hours for base, 12 hours for ASU( 4 days work, 4 days off but depends on airlines)
  -wat is ASU?
3)The pay is ok i guess(havent much INFO, it wud be helpful if anyone can give an aproximate figure or preferably ur own first pay check), bout satisfaction, again u muz love wat u're doing...when u love wat u're doing, then comes satisfaction... =)
  cn we get up to rm10k/month in 4 years?
4)it depends how u take it...
  wat i mean is izzit hot or dirty, smells etc....smthg like tat
5)some pakcik pakcik n young LAE...haha...but most of them are frenly people as long as u respect them...mostly guys, a multiculture society..
  bout stewardess, the pilots ll hav d opportunity...d nice onces all kena sapu by pilot..so don expect much...
    sad.gif  mad.gif
azameel
post Feb 5 2009, 12:31 AM

Getting Started
240 posts

ASU is Apron Service Unit
Those are the lae who have to inspect the aircraft during transit check (not sure what term is best used)
but you can see ASU lae when u board the aircraft, meaning the lae who checks the a/c before it departs/takeoff

Working Environment, i think its ok, not dirty, no smelly thing etc, unless you work with waste system,or when an old crappy aircaft just came in, but overall is
ok, except the grease part biggrin.gif ,
you work in a hangar, so it is not so hot, but there is no aircond except for EIR guy. from my observation lae spend half the time in office an another half on aircraft.

better wait for an lae to answer it biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by azameel: Feb 5 2009, 12:33 AM
JohnMax
post Feb 5 2009, 12:35 AM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(XxAC3xX @ Feb 4 2009, 11:23 PM)
ur advice do enlighten me alot...i thk i made money as a factor for interested in dis career.... doh.gif
im a spm leaver....still quite confuse on my choice.... rclxub.gif

-wat kind of ppl do u guys meet? wat kind of race n gender? cn we meet those beautiful stewardress??  biggrin.gif

1.) Not stress cause lae just comment machanic and do.
2) Normal is 7.45am to 4.45pm ~ OT other not sure
3) The pay some are nice firgures but some are .....
4) My experience is omg sweat like hell when hot days and sweet insanely when purge into a tank or climb up and down.
5) From the whole world. When you here u know who is beautiful stewardress.
TSXxAC3xX
post Feb 5 2009, 12:51 AM

Casual
380 posts

QUOTE(JohnMax @ Feb 5 2009, 12:35 AM)
1.) Not stress cause lae just comment machanic and do.
2) Normal is 7.45am to 4.45pm ~ OT other not sure
3) The pay some are nice firgures but some are .....
4) My experience is omg sweat like hell when hot days and sweet insanely when purge into a tank or climb up and down.
5) From the whole world. When you here u know who is beautiful stewardress.
wat do u mean by tat? y thrs difference in pay? coz diff company or...??

btw, is it hard for a chinese 2 get employed for dis job? coz i saw/heard from the last thread, the mostly is malay? o im jz mistaken?

n is it easy to get emplyed as a lae?
azameel
post Feb 5 2009, 01:24 AM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(XxAC3xX @ Feb 5 2009, 12:51 AM)

btw, is it hard for a chinese 2 get employed for dis job? coz i saw/heard from the last thread, the mostly is malay? o im jz mistaken?

that is not correct, there is a lot of race/nationality, got chinese from hongkong/china summore, people from sudan,mauritius,france,ireland,india,indonesia,phillipine and a lot more, but most of this are contract lae or expatriate.

for staff there is a mixed up of all races for lae,

TSXxAC3xX
post Feb 5 2009, 01:25 AM

Casual
380 posts

ok i jz updated the 1st post, any correction plz notify me!

161 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0191sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:58 AM