Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.
149 Pages  1 2 3 > »  
RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME), Guide & everything about this career! (Engineering)

XxAC3xX
post Feb 2 2009, 10:15 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Licensed Maintenance Aircraft Engineers' Guide

Job Description & Responbilities
Licensed Aircraft Engineer(LAE) job is to certify maintenance work, eg: a component is to be changed , u will have a group of mechanic working for u, you instruct them what to do, observe it, once it done u have to approve it, then if anything happen on that component or a/c crash due to that task u approve, they will look for you, you'll be held responsible
and another one is to carry out inspection, repairs, mods etc (all this is the simplest way of explanation)

For better understandings, refer HERE

Requirements & Ways to become a LAME
Basically, to be a LAME u need the License and not diploma/degree or others. That is the only requirement for a LAME. There are 2 types of license to be able to become a LAME.

Type of license/rating available

For Bcar Section L

A-Airframe(Structure of the aircraft)
C-Engine

X-Electrical and Instrument
R-Radio

usually A and C is combined and E, I, R is combined

For Easa

Cat. B1 for A,C,E(Airframe, Engine and Electrical)
-B1.1 Aeroplanes Turbine-Engines
-B1.2 Aeroplanes Piston-Engines
-B1.3 Helicopters Turbine-Engines
-B1.4 Helicopters Piston-Engines

Cat. B2 For E.I.R(Electrical, Instrument and Radio)

EASA - The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) was set up to promote the highest common standards of safety and environmental protection in civil aviation. It is intended to be the centrepiece of a new cost-efficient regulatory system in Europe and a reliable partner for equivalent authorities throughout the world.

As EASA develops the aviation regulatory environment it will change some of the existing CAA processes and procedures. These pages will keep you informed of the changes along with updates on how CAA is responding to the changes.

BCAR - British Civil Airworthiness Requirements (BCAR) which is similar to Easa.

Obtaining license via Easa system :-

Easa requirement is completion of all easa modules/courses/subjects and 2 yrs (for part 147) or 5 yrs(for self obtained license) of experience.

There are 3 basic ways, they are :-
1.Obtain it yourself-Need 5 years of aircraft experience (workschedule) and completion of all the EASA modules
2.Obtaining the license through a Part 147 EASA approved training school, Completion of all the Modules and 2 yrs of experience(workschedule) with minimum 2400 hours of instruction/course
3.Obtain it through Nilai, Miat, Metc, APR -Not so sure on this one (got Easa and Bcar), Need SPM and maybe some Diploma as well

To obtain the license there is two best way, either by Miat, Nilai, Metc, Apr etc. these are local institution. You need SPM for this.
For The other option, The part 147 one, i think it is not available locally, try to look for it on the net.But its i going to be expensive without any loan.
For both of this program, you will follow the Institution program, no need to do anything else other than completing the program, everything should be instructed by them.

Reference on becoming LAME using EASA system :-
Engineer's Licensing Guidance Document (ELGD)

Obtaining license via Bcar system :-

For Bcar, please read the following and download and understand both AN5 - Application For Malaysian Aircaft Maintenance Engineers Licence and AN85 - Approval Of Training Organisations

Extracts from BCAR Section L. Please read and understand the whole requirements.
I highlighted in bold items that you need to be well aware of.

Download here.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

To make it easier to understand, on gettin LWTR either through EASA or Bcar is actually the same. Its jz that both possesses different ways of getting LWTR and different recognition in different part of the world.
e.g. EASA is recognized in Europe while Bcar is recognized in MAS and AA as DCA using Bcar.
The ways of getting the LWTR overally are :-
1. By pursuing a diploma in aircraft maintenance(for example) in any institutions such as MIAT, TAFE, NIUC, Polytechnic etc. Through this way, u'll b able to get ur dip cert n a LWTR.
2. By undergo TAME programme from airliners company. This is the best way after all as the company will provide u free trainings and allowances bt u most probably will b "bonded" to tat company. Chances are rather low as those companies will only take about 30+/- trainee at a time. e.g. MAS, AirAsia, Transmile..etc
3. By gettin the license through a EASA Part 147 school in overseas. This option will cost alot. e.g. University of Glamorgan(nt sure if its spell like dis).

Normally the duration to obtain a LWTR is about 5 yrs. Before taking ur LWTR exam, u nid 2/3 yrs of theory(studies) n about 2 yrs of experience. Experience can be gained either by OJT (On Job Training), Practical or Working. After u got ur LWTR, u still unable sign off any aircrafts, you still can work but u need somene else with the approriate license to sign the CRS(certificate of release to service) for u. So, you still nid a particular Type Rating to be able to sign off the CRS(certificate of release to service) of the particular aircraft!

for those who want to study outside this country, there is 3 place that quite famous for Malaysian.
1. AST (quite expensive)
2. City of bristol (more cheaper than AST)
3. University of Glamorgan (this one you need to study for degree and EASA because u will get both degree and EASA module)

Opinions and Advices
LWTR is License Without Type Rating you cannot work on aircraft yet, you need to have the type rating.
Let say if you got a A licence from DCA, you cant work on any aircraft yet, then you take the 737-400 type rating,
now u can work on the aircraft already, but only on the task you can approved (Airframe), you cant work on the engine.If you take the C license, now u can work on both of A and C, if you want to work on other aircraft
eg 777-200, you need to take the 777 type rating, which means u will get more coverage, and more allowances.

Both Easa and Bcar license is called LWTR,
but the type rating is issued by the company eg Mas, Air Asia etc.

So after you grads, you still need to undergo training, it is the type rating, and company courses
it really depends on a company interest. MAS can't really use u straight away, so less interest there.
i only have one friend that i know well and he came from a 147 school in UK. wasted a good 2 years before got hired by transmile n start collecting experience.

LAME got his license from the aviation authority body of a country to do his duty only on the aircraft registered in that country. that is DCA for Malaysia, CAA for UK, blablablablabah. to keep story short, EASA is a body that responsible for many things in civil aviation in europe countries. it's an agency of the EU and non-EU countries adopt its rules and procedures on a voluntary basis.
EASA part 66 - certifying staff
EASA part 145 - maintenance organization approval
EASA part 147 - training organization approval
these are regulations u see flaunted most here.

EASA approved training school enjoy privileges given by EASA. license give out by the country that conduct the exam that u sit.
DCA approved training school enjoy privileges given by DCA.... which conduct exam in malaysia n of course malaysia license lah.

don't be mistaken between EASA aprroved training school(ie. AST UK) and EASA exam center(ie. british council,KL).

you wont get paid for graduating, especially from Nilai College unless you're employed.
At this point of time you do not have the EASA license yet. Just a 'certificate' which amount to 'nothing'...
What will you be employed as? 

Remember, you still need to collect and complete your work schedule, appropriately signed/endorsed by an EASA engineer. Submit to the EASA authority and if accepted will be issued the long awaited EASA license.
If you want to work in EASA countries.. your license is good. To work in Malaysia, apply to DCA for license conversion and sit for Paper 1- Air Legislation and hopefully not called up for oral exam. Passing that, you will be issued the LWTR. Still at this point of time you are without a type course and still far away from becoming a License Engineer...

Hopefully at this point of time, armed with a DCA issued LWTR somebody would still want to employ you... remember, MAS and AA have their own trainees to fill their manpower requirements.

i doubt you can straight obtain you LWTR license in just 2 and half years time which i believe it is impossible to do so. Nilai misled many ppl thinkin that they can obtain their LWTR right upon their completion of the course, personally i found they used the EASA pt-66 B1 license too "often" which causes alot of missunderstandings.Converting EASA license it's not that easy as you think because Malaysia is still under the BCAR regulations, meaning that you need to have EASA LWTR beforehand to do the convertion.Speaking of how to get the EASA LWTR, the modules provided from nilai is not enough, you must also have 3-5 years of working experience together with all your passed modules together before submitting to the authorities.And do remember,the validity of the passed each module is only 5 years , so think about it, are you able to guarantee youself to find a working place to collect working schedules after your graduation?most importantly can you collect them on time within the 5 years validity?
For those who are studying in nilai I really hope someone can clarify something here,hows is the program structure alike,maybe my points are wrong here,but this is all what i know about EASA. Or maybe nilai has somesort of "way" that can provide their fellow students to obtain the LWTR license with the quickest way??I don't know.
So if i were you, I will choose to go MIAT ,first it's approved by DCA, secondly the facilities are very well equipped and emm..you will most probably starting as a junior tech after you graduate. To be a LAE is not easy as you think , you need roughly 8-10 years time to start earning your big bucks, i mean 5 figures.It's not easy dude as I said, LAE's job must able to understand the whole aircraft system inside out and thats why, to familiar an a/c system takes a very long time. The hands-on experience,exposure is very crucial in this industry , every LAE work their way up from the bottom.
Another option is TAFE college seremban,they are the pioneer of the a/c maintenance eng. course in Malaysia,high quality instructors,good learning environment but their facilities are not as complete as MIAT. There are also some other institutes like AATC you can consider,but i don't know much about this school.
The course at Nilai is still rather new and their structure is based on the EASA Pt-66 which many ppl, even those who are working in the a/c maintenance industry still don't fully understand how it works.
If you have the money, you can also consider to do your license in the UK which only takes you 3 years to complete.  The choice is yours wusuhong ,do choose wisely. But my advice is stick to the conventional and the safeties way , there is definitely no short cut if you want to be a LAE. Determination and passion is very important,if you are just thinkin of earning big bucks,then forget about choosing this as your future career.

from my experience
all miat student who enter MAS/AA, they were hired as JUNIOR TECHNICIAN aka aircraft mechanic

i have never found any miat students who graduated and then enter mas as LAE
while in MAS, those guys study on their own and then sit for DCA exam
when they got their LWTR, they'll submit it to the company
after that, the company will put them under MDP, mechanic development program
in MDP, they will go for various courses
and that's basically how people not from MAS TAME become LAE

IMO, u guys are getting wrong info about MIAT
graduating from MIAT don't guarantee you LWTR
but MIAT will help you to go sit for DCA exam
-special tuition on LWTR (don't know still got or not)
-helping u guys preparing work schedule
-negotiate with DCA

there a few ex-students of miat currently working in eurocopter
the pay is quite good, better than MAS
but, u need to do all the job avionic/mechanical (as a mechanic)
jack of all trade
but they have different engineer for avionic and mechanical

other aviation company that i know
-spirit aerosystem, subang
-ctrm, malacca
-eagle, malacca
-aero composite, malacca
-HM flying school, langkawi
-MFA, malacca
-??? flying school, kelantan
-airfoil, kota damansara
-transmile, subang
-berjaya, subang
-subang general aviation
-SAE (i don't know their latest status)
-GE, subang
-honeywell, subang
-AAR, subang
-1 company in kedah, making components for boeing
-SME, sg buloh

there's a lot of job opportunities for u
but if u guys targetting LAE only, MAS and AA

Salary
The pay is different for each airlines, but for MAS, it should be around 3k+ without overtime for a fresh LAE with a single aircraft type rating.The allowance will be paid depending on how many trade (A,C,E,I,R) and how many type rating (737,747,a330,777, etc). Air asia should be more i think. For contract/expatriate LAE, they earn a lot.

I've seen a foreign contract lae, who worked in MAS who got around RM100+ to around RM200 per hour.

For AA,
The Basic RM5500 is for fresh LAEs.. and depending on your LWTR(single,dual or more trades) PLUS the number of years experience, your basic will be adjusted accordingly.
So roughly there will be 3 basic pay:
1. Fresh/new LAE
2. Up to 7 years experience
3. More than 7 years experience..

I am in category 3. This is a 5 digit basic salary... maxed out already.

Related Links and Downloads :
Complete Guide : How to enter Polytechnic Diploma Aircraft Maintenance (DAM) Course and PROS AND CONS by JohnMax
APR(Aviation Training Centre)
UniKL MIAT
Nilai University College(NUC)
TAFE College
EASA Part 66 License Guide
Joint Aviation Authorities (JAA)
EASA Part 66
EASA Part 145
EASA Part 147
Foreign(NOT Europe) EASA Part 145 approved organisations
Foreign(NOT Europe) EASA Part 147 approved organisations
SIA Engineering Company

Credits :-
azameel
jazzy939
JohnMax
Lestat
ezi23
hakunamatata
tarecore
kevin77

AND MORE TO GO...~!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok i hav volunteered myself doin a guide on dis career from dis thread LAME

1st of all, i hav totally no idea bout dis career bt wans 2 noe more bout it, so those who gt knoewledge bout it would b rather appreciated 2 help out!!

ill discover all my questions n others questions on the 1st page n those who is sure bout it giv us the detailed info. ill try 2 update it day by day n eventually makin it into a guide.

u guys hav 2 help fill up as much info as possible in the 1st page, so tat every1 would hav a better understandings, ok?

NOTE :
1. when givin info, plz state in a specific way n if cn plz givs sum opinions, recomendations n related info
2. plz giv in full terms n short-form words. eg. Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME)
3. providin diagram n links would be bonus

alrite every1 lets make it happen! icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by XxAC3xX: Feb 26 2009, 10:48 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
azameel
post Feb 2 2009, 10:19 PM

Getting Started

LAE job is to certify maintenance work, eg: a component is to be changed , u will have a group of mechanic working for u, you instruct them what to do, observe it, once it done u have to approve it, then if anything happen on that component or a/c crash due to that task u approve, they will look for you, you'll be held responsible
and another one is to carry out inspection, repairs, mods etc (all this is the simplest way of explanation)

The pay is different for each airlines, but for MAS, it should be around 3k+ without overtime for a fresh LAE with a single aircraft type rating.The allowance will be paid depending on how many trade (A,C,E,I,R) and how many type rating (737,747,a330,777, etc). Air asia should be more i think. For contract/expatriate LAE, they earn a lot. I've seen
a foreign contract lae, who worked in MAS who got around RM100+ to around RM200 per hour.

Type of license/rating available

For Bcar Section L

A-Airframe(Structure of the aircraft)
C-Engine

E-Electrical
I-Instrument
R-Radio

usually A and C is combined and E, I, R is combined

For Easa

Cat B1 for A,C,E
Cat B2 For E.I.R

Reference on becoming LAME using EASA system

Engineer's Licensing Guidance Document (ELGD)

Three basic ways of obtaining license via Easa system

1.Obtain it yourself-Need 5 years of aircraft experience (workschedule) and completion of all the EASA modules
2.Obtaining the license through a Part 147 EASA approved training school, Completion of all the Modules and 2 yrs of experience(workschedule)
3.Obtain it through Nilai, Miat, Metc, APR -Not so sure on this one (got Easa and Bcar), Need SPM and maybe some Diploma as well

If any information is wrong, kindly enlighten me

This post has been edited by azameel: Feb 3 2009, 06:33 PM
+Quote Post
jazzy939
post Feb 3 2009, 12:22 AM

reel is real
Group: Senior Member

Why is this under 'Education Essentials'? Jobs & Careers should be more apt as per original thread?

+Quote Post
BillySteel
post Feb 3 2009, 01:03 AM

Casual

I have a question.
Just say I'm doing a bachelor degree and I want to be an LAME. What are the steps that needs to be taken as soon as I graduate?
+Quote Post
azameel
post Feb 3 2009, 01:29 AM

Getting Started

Even i also got confused where this thread belong to, it is a mixed up of both section.

BillySteel, as far as i know, you have to start all over again, because diploma / degree doesnt count in the licensing system.

or you could opt for Technical Service Engineers which requires a degree holder or Cat C Easa which im not familliar at all

This post has been edited by azameel: Feb 3 2009, 01:33 AM
+Quote Post
XxAC3xX
post Feb 3 2009, 02:45 AM

Casual

QUOTE(BillySteel @ Feb 3 2009, 01:03 AM)
I have a question.
Just say I'm doing a bachelor degree and I want to be an LAME. What are the steps that needs to be taken as soon as I graduate?
dis thread is actually a guide-to-be for those who dont noe bout dis career, so openin it in education essentials is more suitable...

Added on February 3, 2009, 3:23 amthx, azameel

i hav sum questions...
1. LAME job requirements, eg. experience, education, training
2. so lets say after spm, wats the path available n wat course or programme shud b taken??
3. from the 2 paths u hav stated,
-1.Obtain it yourself-Need 5 years of aircraft experience (workschedule) and completion of all the EASA modules
-2.Obtaining the license through a Part 147 EASA approved training school, Completion of all the Modules and 2 yrs of experience(workschedule)
try explain more specifiedly on how n whr plz...
4. DCA requirement and EASA requirement (since some college doing EASA)
5. list of college that provide training (including fees, years, advantages).
6. wat is DCA, Bcar n Part 147??
7. from wat u said, thr will b a group of mechanic working for lae, so the group of mechanics r these ppl in the link? o we r them?
Aircraft Mechanics & Service Technicians
Avionics Technicians
8. since a group of mechanics workin 4 lae, so a lae dun hav 2 do those heavy jobs n get their hands dirty?

...flight engineer and aircaft maintenance engineer and aircraft tech service engineer are 3 different things

mind explain wats their differences, hw was their salaries n their responbilities for flight engineer n aircraft tech service engineer??

uhh...found it quite confusing..... rclxub.gif
keep it on guys...!! thumbup.gif
once again thx to azameel!! thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by XxAC3xX: Feb 3 2009, 04:03 AM
+Quote Post
HiddenTrap
post Feb 3 2009, 08:16 AM

Getting Started

I only know that LAME maintain aircrafts. Then there are aeronautical engineers who engineer aircrafts.
+Quote Post
boyboy~~
post Feb 3 2009, 01:37 PM

Getting Started

musty study oversea?
+Quote Post
HiddenTrap
post Feb 3 2009, 04:25 PM

Getting Started

Nope you can study locally
+Quote Post
azameel
post Feb 3 2009, 06:31 PM

Getting Started

First of all dont get confuse, while we may called it a LAME, easa system classify lae as a technician. So basically mechanics = junior tech./mechanic and LAME = Service Technician

1. LAME job requirements, eg. experience, education, training

- Bcar section L license or Easa Part 66 Cat B1/B2 License,
-Experience is needed to obtain the license, no education qualification
needed for the license, but for the Nilai, Miat etc, depends on their
program

2. To obtain the license there is two best way, either by Miat, Nilai, Metc,
Apr etc. these are local institution. You need SPM for this
For The other option, The part 147 one, i think it is not available locally,
try to look for it on the net.But its i going to be expensive without any
loan.For both of this program, you will follow the
Institution program, no need to do anything else other than completing
the program, everything should be instructed by them.

4. DCA requirement and EASA requirement (since some college doing EASA)

-Easa requirement is completion of all easa ,module/courses/subject
and 2 yr (for part 147) or 5 years(for self obtained license) of experience
-For BCAR, refer here BCAR SECTION L and also download and read this AN5 - Application For Malaysian Aircaft Maintenance Engineers Licence and also this AN85 - Approval Of Training Organisations

6. wat is DCA, Bcar n Part 147??

- DCA is Department of Civil Aviation or JPA, Jabatan Penerbangan
Awam, it is the local aviation authorities, BCAR is British Civil
Airworthiness Requirements whisch is simillar to Easa, but later on
Easa will be replacing it.Part 147 is just a code name of an Easa
Approved training school.

7. from wat u said, thr will b a group of mechanic working for lae, so the group of mechanics r these ppl in the link? o we r them?

We are them, but usually we dont do the dirty jobs, we just instruct
them to do the task, but a good LAE should be involved in the job,
since it is your responsibility if anything goes wrong, not the
mechanic.But it all depends on the task, if it were a simple task we
just instruct them to, then we have to inspect once it is done and
approved it. If it is a major job, LAE involvement on the task should
be more.

Flight Engineers is those who are in the cockpit during flight, ypu can see a third person in the cockpit whose job is to monitor all the aircraft system,but it is now almost obsolete since most aircarft now only need tow crew to fly. Flight engineer is replaced by computers

Tech service engineer are those who need to do calculation and all.Simillar to a normal engineer.If some modification is needed but not available in the Maintenance Manual, they are the one who should handle this, whether by coming out with their own solution or directly from the manufacturer (Boeing, Airbus).Salary im not sure

*Update on license/rating at my first post

This post has been edited by azameel: Feb 4 2009, 11:20 PM
+Quote Post
JohnMax
post Feb 3 2009, 07:03 PM

Casual

Sa, I have a question. After I finish my diploma aircraft maintenance. Should I continue my degree in MIAT/oversea first or become Jr.Tech?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
azameel
post Feb 3 2009, 07:18 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(JohnMax @ Feb 3 2009, 07:03 PM)
Sa, I have a question. After I finish my diploma aircraft maintenance. Should I continue my degree in MIAT/oversea first or become Jr.Tech?
I have no right to answer you question, cause im still under training as well,same like you.
But IMHO, just continue the degree first, but LAME wont be suitable for u anymore. Since got degree maybe you prefer to become Tech Service Engineer. And getting a license from a junior tech is not easy as it looks,
you will get tempted to do overtime(no time to study or take license), or maybe get settled down with the current condition etc, you need a big motivation to upgrade to lae.But nothing is impossible biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
JohnMax
post Feb 3 2009, 09:34 PM

Casual

Big question.
Can some one explain for me Different between TAME, LAME, METC and what they study for?
How to get into these LAME? TAME? METC?

p/s: cause want to leave the white mouse world and enter a new experience world. Why I am doing DCA work schedule but till today I only knew taht need to register with DCA so that the work papers will valid..... Is this true?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
azameel
post Feb 3 2009, 09:54 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(JohnMax @ Feb 3 2009, 09:34 PM)
Big question.
Can some one explain for me Different between TAME, LAME, METC and what they study for?

p/s: cause want to leave the white mouse world and enter a new experience world. Why I am doing DCA work schedule but till today I only knew taht need to register with DCA so that the work papers will valid..... Is this true?
LAME is License Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
TAME is Trainee Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
METC is Malaysia Airlines Engineering Training Centre

TAME study for Bcar secton L license
METC started of with EASA license system, but not sure currently still continuing Easa or had revert to BCAR

For TAME in MAS, there is no more intake, they train the new tame through METC, but sadly, METC only take FELDA people, since it is some sort of partnership program.

If im not air asia had a TAME program of their own, try to look around

i dont quite understand the workschedule part.What should be registered?
What Work paper?

+Quote Post
Lestat
post Feb 3 2009, 10:11 PM

Casual

AC3 or Azameel,
u should include in top post the link to DCA publication, AN no. 5 and AN no. 85.

QUOTE(JohnMax @ Feb 3 2009, 07:03 PM)
QUOTE(azameel @ Feb 3 2009, 07:18 PM)
I have no right to answer you question, cause im still under training as well,same like you.
But IMHO, just continue the degree first, but LAME wont be suitable for u anymore. Since got degree maybe you prefer to become Tech Service Engineer. And getting a license from a junior tech is not easy as it looks,
you will get tempted to do overtime(no time to study or take license), or maybe get settled down with the current condition etc, you need a big motivation to upgrade to lae.But nothing is impossible  biggrin.gif
LAME doesn't require degree. u can pursue LAME while doing the diploma (a handful of MIAT dip holder already got it) but it's a separate process. Diploma is given by the school, license is given by DCA. whether u can become jr tech or not, really depends on employer requirement. generally they require diploma.

don't get intimidated by those who said LAME is HUGE, HARD n LONG struggle.
personally, it's easy whistling.gif
just get the requirements checked.

Big question.

TAME is generally a program created by aviation companies to train in-house their own LAME.
METC is a school, some sort of division under MAS to carry TAME n other training program probably exclusively for MAS

work schedule papers is certified by the engineer u are working with (Malaysia LAME). mistaken with something else may be?

+Quote Post
JohnMax
post Feb 3 2009, 10:43 PM

Casual

Questions again:

1) Doing DCA Schedue Of Inspection Work. Before this, do we need to register with DCA before starting to do work paper? (I do not know anything about this thing). And I heard my senior who graduate from polytechnic and finish his 1 year for the dca work paper and easa cap 741. And someone told them that they did not register something with DCA and now not recognize. Now is my year to start DCA.
2) That mean my chances to become LAME is a huge long way (I mean be Jr.Tech and study own..[posible gone as said will not continue study and feed in job] to get it after my diploma?
3) After my diploma and i went for BSc [Hons] Aircraft Maintenance Engineering in University of Glamorgan and come back. Is there any chances to become LAME?
4) Does there anyway to go direct to LAME after my diploma?
5) AirAsia TAME is taken from TAFE? Intake Is not directly from AirAsia?
4) I need someone who have MSN, Yahoo chatting so that I can communicate/info more easily.

Finnaly I am a polytechnic student.

p/s: I dono what the hell im doing!!??

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
azameel
post Feb 3 2009, 10:56 PM

Getting Started

LAME doesn't require degree. u can pursue LAME while doing the diploma (a handful of MIAT dip holder already got it) but it's a separate process. Diploma is given by the school, license is given by DCA. whether u can become jr tech or not, really depends on employer requirement. generally they require diploma.

don't get intimidated by those who said LAME is HUGE, HARD n LONG struggle.
personally, it's easy whistling.gif
just get the requirements checked.

yup, maybe my explanation is a bit confusing,
not even a diploma, im an spm leaver and currently pursuing LAME smile.gif
for the license there is no educational requirement, but it depends on the institution or the employer like u mentioned

1)That is called workschedule, you were like me, i started of collecting workschedule for the easa cap 741 but now i have to change to dca workschedule, you just collect the task and signature first, at least you'll be prepared early,

usually people withh degree doesnt become lame, they will pursue for technical service engineer instead.

It is not a long struggle, you have to very hardworking then you should have no problem. Which is kind of my problem, a bit lazy smile.gif

in my opininion,the best way is to work first, get enough experience/workschedule and go for easa exams

This post has been edited by azameel: Feb 3 2009, 11:06 PM
+Quote Post
boyboy~~
post Feb 4 2009, 02:04 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(HiddenTrap @ Feb 3 2009, 04:25 PM)
Nope you can study locally
what the course call? which Uni or College offer?
+Quote Post
jazzy939
post Feb 4 2009, 08:07 AM

reel is real

Answers to;
Q1. The question is in a mess. What DCA registration is this?
Q2. Short or long, it's how you decide the path. Ex diploma holders, 5 years. You start from the beginning, level zero.
Q3. Nope.Not directly. You start again from scratch just like everyone else.
Q4. You don't have LWTR, how to become LAME? Looks like you're not clear how this works.
Q5. Not really. Ex school leavers, diploma holders, some with degree also got.

Yes.. I can see that you're 'lost'…

QUOTE(JohnMax @ Feb 3 2009, 10:43 PM)
Questions again:

1) Doing DCA Schedue Of Inspection Work. Before this, do we need to register with DCA before starting to do work paper? (I do not know anything about this thing). And I heard my senior who graduate from polytechnic and finish his 1 year for the dca work paper and easa cap 741. And someone told them that they did not register something with DCA and now not recognize. Now is my year to start DCA.
2) That mean my chances to become LAME is a huge long way (I mean be Jr.Tech and study own..[posible gone as said will not continue study and feed in job] to get it after my diploma?
3) After my diploma and i went for BSc [Hons] Aircraft Maintenance Engineering in University of Glamorgan and come back. Is there any chances to become LAME?
5) AirAsia TAME is taken from TAFE? Intake Is not directly from AirAsia?
4) I need someone who have MSN, Yahoo chatting so that I can communicate/info more easily.

Finnaly I am a polytechnic student.

p/s: I dono what the hell im doing!!??
This post has been edited by jazzy939: Feb 4 2009, 08:18 AM
+Quote Post
jazzy939
post Feb 4 2009, 08:27 AM

reel is real

JohnMax,
May be this would help.

DCA's AN No. 5

Attached File(s)
Attached File  DCA_Malaysia_Airworthiness_Notices_No.5.pdf ( 977.03k ) Number of downloads: 967
+Quote Post

149 Pages  1 2 3 > » 
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

> Find Us on Facebook

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0543sec    3.60    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 02:42 PM