Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Engineering Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME), Guide & everything about this career!

views

JohnMax
post Feb 3 2009, 07:03 PM

On my way
543 posts

Sa, I have a question. After I finish my diploma aircraft maintenance. Should I continue my degree in MIAT/oversea first or become Jr.Tech?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
JohnMax
post Feb 3 2009, 09:34 PM

On my way
543 posts

Big question.
Can some one explain for me Different between TAME, LAME, METC and what they study for?
How to get into these LAME? TAME? METC?

p/s: cause want to leave the white mouse world and enter a new experience world. Why I am doing DCA work schedule but till today I only knew taht need to register with DCA so that the work papers will valid..... Is this true?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
JohnMax
post Feb 3 2009, 10:43 PM

On my way
543 posts

Questions again:

1) Doing DCA Schedue Of Inspection Work. Before this, do we need to register with DCA before starting to do work paper? (I do not know anything about this thing). And I heard my senior who graduate from polytechnic and finish his 1 year for the dca work paper and easa cap 741. And someone told them that they did not register something with DCA and now not recognize. Now is my year to start DCA.
2) That mean my chances to become LAME is a huge long way (I mean be Jr.Tech and study own..[posible gone as said will not continue study and feed in job] to get it after my diploma?
3) After my diploma and i went for BSc [Hons] Aircraft Maintenance Engineering in University of Glamorgan and come back. Is there any chances to become LAME?
4) Does there anyway to go direct to LAME after my diploma?
5) AirAsia TAME is taken from TAFE? Intake Is not directly from AirAsia?
4) I need someone who have MSN, Yahoo chatting so that I can communicate/info more easily.

Finnaly I am a polytechnic student.

p/s: I dono what the hell im doing!!??

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
JohnMax
post Feb 4 2009, 08:30 PM

On my way
543 posts

I understand now, I need to direct take LWTR not diploma and degree.

Information I get for today at XXX:
1) Work under MAS as staff, coporation with formen and go for LWTR at MAS training school is free. (100%)
2) Work under Mas as contract staff, want to get course can need to pay(individual)...but depend on company. But chances are like 10 pages of Harry Potter Books... (Still need update)
3) METC is totally free, and instuctor is from MAS training school... (still need update)
4) METC exam or ?? fail also get job at MAS. What I heard is 100% get job. Not much motivated. (I wonder is this true?)
5) AirAsia got courses, but have to pay for your own. This people are 100% motivated because they pay to study. Like RM500 a course than pay by cash. (Still need update)
6) Polytechnic Diploma Aircraft Maintenance = EASA CAT A. (still need update)

P/S: What I tell is what I heard. 100% sure or not is up to you(I also not sure, still searching for more info, but spoke by someone who is experience enough) . B. Any missclaim I am sorry.

I found that I get these files info from someone. But I dont part of inside what they talking.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
JohnMax
post Feb 4 2009, 10:21 PM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(azameel @ Feb 4 2009, 09:29 PM)
JohnMax, what are you doing right now actually?
Im suffering from what I found for my self. Being in the wrong field to get to LAME. My First batch senior rumors is they maybe will be contract staff in MAS. If it does, I will leave now to change my patch. Because this will waste my time become contract staff like you said before, when working no mood to study cause overtime. and motivated is a must for me.
As I said 2) Work under Mas as contract staff, want to get course can need to pay(individual)...but depend on company. But chances are like 10 pages of Harry Potter Books... (Still need update)
So to go out for this is a miracle and is miserable. Wrong path of live is a must to correct since early.
Any motivation or any idea for me to continue to LAME? with short way. Cause I know I can do it with express way, but the chances is not there...
JohnMax
post Feb 4 2009, 10:54 PM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(Lestat @ Feb 4 2009, 09:42 PM)
if everybody knows that to be LAME u need no academic qualification, traing school such as MIAT, Nilai, etc should already flush their aviation courses down the toilet. Here comes AN no 85.  Skip all the rubbish, go straight to paragraph 6. im not going to quote, READ. i've even pointed where to read. u guys should've read AN no 5 too, thanks to mr. jazzy. he got his hand dirty to quote for u guys.
Let's play a game,

Guy A start working in aviation and gather experience to go for LWTR (As per AN no 5). don't ask how he suddenly start working in aviation tongue.gif
Guy B go to DCA-approved training school (As per AN no 85).
Guy C go to a university in UK and pursue EASA license.
Guy D pursue EASA license locally in Malaysia.
Guy E join TAME program with an airliner.

Which guy can sign off an aircraft and get big bucks first?
Jazzy, any other option i missed?

the winner get prosperity burger biggrin.gif .. DOUBLE!
while stock last tongue.gif
Ya I agree with santana because if EASA they need work experiences, that will lead them behind by times.

So I will choose Guy E.

QUOTE(santana @ Feb 4 2009, 10:44 PM)
To da rest out there, don give up so easily...no doubt money(LAE dont reli earn tat much) is one of the FACTOR, but dont make it the no 1 factor/motivation of u choosing this career...
u've got to love ur job, then every drop of sweat and effort u put in is worthwhile n u'll not regret the path taken, coz tats wat u wana do for da rest of ur life...

cheers..
Ya loving this job is no1. Working as a part if life time to get a LAE is not what I wanted. As how smart you are is depend on the company. Since there is so many LWTR. I also not sure why there is Demand on malaysia?

Hai~ tired with this, working as a contract staff, no one want it accually for jr.tech.
JohnMax
post Feb 5 2009, 12:35 AM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(XxAC3xX @ Feb 4 2009, 11:23 PM)
ur advice do enlighten me alot...i thk i made money as a factor for interested in dis career.... doh.gif
im a spm leaver....still quite confuse on my choice.... rclxub.gif

so i wanna seek for sum opinions frm u guys :
-wat do u guys normally do when working?? is the jobs being fun or stressful?
-wat was the average working working hours per day? frm wat time to wat time?? hw many working days per week?
-do u satisfied wif the job n the pay?
-hws the working environment??
-wat kind of ppl do u guys meet? wat kind of race n gender? cn we meet those beautiful stewardress??  biggrin.gif

btw, u guys doin great job in providin info! keep it up!
1.) Not stress cause lae just comment machanic and do.
2) Normal is 7.45am to 4.45pm ~ OT other not sure
3) The pay some are nice firgures but some are .....
4) My experience is omg sweat like hell when hot days and sweet insanely when purge into a tank or climb up and down.
5) From the whole world. When you here u know who is beautiful stewardress.
JohnMax
post Feb 5 2009, 06:35 PM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(XxAC3xX @ Feb 5 2009, 12:51 AM)
wat do u mean by tat? y thrs difference in pay? coz diff company or...??

btw, is it hard for a chinese 2 get employed for dis job? coz i saw/heard from the last thread, the mostly is malay? o im jz mistaken?

n is it easy to get emplyed as a lae?
Ya different company is one of the reason and is up to your type rating. More type rating more $$$. If I not wrong 1 type rating is RM500. And up to your experiences.

People from the whole world. I get to meet some. This OJT I have to many work schedule, so must get close to them all.

Added on February 5, 2009, 6:55 pmAny One have a copy of Department Of Civil Aviation Malaysia Schedule Of Inspection Work. JPA-5 AER?

I need it.

This post has been edited by JohnMax: Feb 5 2009, 06:55 PM
JohnMax
post Feb 5 2009, 07:28 PM

On my way
543 posts

Thank you jazzy939.

But there is abit different with what I have. ( I want the new form because my already copy thousand time and run out of sharp and order)

Mine have the L-J.P.N, K something like that. Whos one is the valid 1??

This post has been edited by JohnMax: Feb 5 2009, 07:29 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
JohnMax
post Feb 5 2009, 11:23 PM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(jazzy939 @ Feb 5 2009, 11:13 PM)
You're welcome! biggrin.gif

Tell me something, is that critical/mandatory to have? doh.gif
Im not sure about that cause every words in a paper counted. As like quality?
I try to find out.
JohnMax
post Feb 6 2009, 01:07 AM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(jazzy939 @ Feb 5 2009, 11:47 PM)
John,
Don't worry about it. I got the form from DCA's website! smile.gif
KK. But I will check with thoes LAME at MAS also. Hehe
JohnMax
post Feb 6 2009, 09:41 PM

On my way
543 posts

UPDATE 06JUNE2011
The details below had obsolete no longer can be current references. Please be advice that the information below had become a read-only for the past first batch to batch 8. Current batch have all new courses. We hope someone can provide the new information about this course at PSA. This course had change to a new course which named Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering. All the course details had changed and OJT also. The information below had become a historical references only not for current usage.

REQUIREMENTS APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION INTO POLITEKNIK KPT FOR HOLDER OF SPM CERTIFICATE
Course: DIPLOMA IN AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Money need to use for study this course:
RM500 (FIRST ENTRY) + RM 200 (FEES) + RM120 (POLY) = RM320 Per Semester (Optional RM60 for hostel at Poly) (Bus Provided to and back from Poly to MAS)
Total for 5 Semester (5th Semester no need to pay)= RM 1780.

Scholarship Available - PTPTN, JPA, Kuok Foundation, Yayasan and more.

Complete Guide : How to enter Polytechnic Diploma Aircraft Maintenance (DAM) Course and PROS AND CONS.

EASA Part 66 - CAT A
Course details.
Semester 1
PSA -------- MORAL STUDY 1
PSA -------- ENGLISH FOR TECHNICAL PURPOSES 1
MODULE 1 - MATHEMATICS
MODULE 2 - PHYSICS
MODULE 6 - MATERIAL AND HARDWARE(MCQ)
MODULE 6 - MATERIAL DAN HARDWARE(ASP)
PSA --------- TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION
PSA --------- INDUSTRIAL SAFETY
MODULE 7 - MAINTENANCE PRACTICES(MCQ)
MODULE 7 - MAINTENANCE PRACTICES(ESSAY)
PSA --------- COMPUTER APPLICATION
PSA --------- KO KUIKULUM 1(Kawat)

Semester 2
PSA ---------- MORAL STUDY 2
PSA ---------- ENLISH FOR TECHNICAL PURPOSE 2
PSA ---------- KO KURIKULUM 2 (Kelab Kauseling)
MODULE 11 - AEROPLANE AERODYNAMICS, STRUCTURES AND SYSTEMS - METC Books, MAS Instuctors. + ASP
MODULE 8 - BASIC AERODYNAMIC
AIRCRAFT SUPPORT WORKSHOP 1 at MAS - WORKSHOP 40 days
AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE WORKSHOP 1 at MAS - HANGAR 24 days + AIM (Aircraft Interior Maintenance)
MAS Company Procedures at MAS
Industrial Safety Briefing at MAS

Semester 3
On Job Training - AIRCRAFT SUPPORT WORKSHOP 2 at MAS - Hangar 100 days = AIM+EIR+A&C
B747-400 Systems Gen.Fam. at MAS (each candidate can only have 2 from either gen fam)
B777-200 Systems Gen.Fam. at MAS
B737-300 Systems Gen.Fam. at MAS
ETOPS Briefing at MAS

Semester 4
MODULE 15 - GAS TURBINE ENGINE +ASP
MODULE 17 - PROPELLER + ASP
MODULE 10 - AVIATION LEGISLATION + ASP
MODULE 9 - HUMAN FACTOR
MODULE 3 - FUNDAMENTAL ELECTRIC + ASP
MODULE 5 - DIGITAL TECHNIQUES + ASP
MODULE 4 - FUNDAMENTAL ELECTRONIC +ASP
AIRCRAFT SUPPORT WORKSHOP 2 at MAS - Workshop 40 days

Semester 5
On Job Training - AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE WORKSHOP 2 at MAS - Hangar 100 DAYS = AIM+EIR+A&C

Hope all this information will help you all.

Next intake if I not mistaken, Batch 9 JULY 2010 will be 6 semester and OJT one semester only add up with mechanical subjects to widen the output scope. (will update with you all)

P/S: OJT will cover most of the hangar production lines except propeller from line 5 to line 11. Workshop will cover mostly all a total of 16 workshop include mechanical and avionics, eg: Landing Gear, Airframe, Sanitary, Hydraulic, Safety, Seat Bay, Sheet Metal, Galley, Radio, Instrument, IFE, Electrical, Standard Room, NDT, Composite, and Paint.

Updated 13 June 2011

Links:
Politeknik Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah (PSA)

UPDATE

This post has been edited by JohnMax: Jun 9 2011, 01:15 PM
JohnMax
post Feb 7 2009, 10:50 AM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(azameel @ Feb 7 2009, 12:24 AM)
OMG. The selection is a lot harder than Tame Mas

This is a big no-no in aviation, if you dont know, ask someone who knows (not in exam), never hesitate, you'll be playing with hundreds of life, you must get it 100% right, you shouldnt be playing with chances

a quote i heard from someone
Hard is not if your english is good, cause people who knew this course is less and people think polytechnic is low education so the pros will not concern. Like us, your english is far beyond, 100% you welcome in cause other is not so good. My group 10 only 2 can speak english, me and an indian now also my batch. the rest gone...

I mean is in examination, not in real aircraft. Don't tell me that you do not know and you want to leave it blank? As Mr.Satish told us to do.
JohnMax
post Feb 7 2009, 10:50 PM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(khye89 @ Feb 7 2009, 09:20 PM)
excuse me MR JOHN, tat mean i also don't know how to speak English la...WTH is tat...i same group with u what...hahaha

Added on February 7, 2009, 9:30 pm
erm..tat mean if tat time i just work as a contract staff(mechanic) in MAS,and i get my EASA license and still waiting for type rating,i still a mechanic?
Halo, you same batch but not same group. hehe, but ur group alot geng 1
JohnMax
post Feb 9 2009, 10:41 AM

On my way
543 posts

If I go to take EASA exam now at British Council, so my valid is only 5 years for my exam papers.

I also need 5 years of experiences? Or 3 years? OJT counted?

That mean If I take now is useless unless I attach to MAS to collect work schedule?

Added on February 9, 2009, 5:01 pmAnd also who know Lim Chee Cheng (i not sure how to spell) is at which HPL currently??

Need some help from him. biggrin.gif

Added on February 9, 2009, 7:55 pmWhy there is no AirAsia TAME over here? They not interested in Foruming?

This post has been edited by JohnMax: Feb 9 2009, 07:55 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Examination_Timetable_2009_Malaysia___British_Council.pdf ( 19.18k ) Number of downloads: 40
JohnMax
post Feb 9 2009, 11:01 PM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(Lestat @ Feb 9 2009, 10:48 PM)
john, u understand what is EASA, right? OJT? no one says anything about OJT. which category of license u plan to apply? A, B, C or D? whistling.gif
I understand some how. Confuse with what Mas instuctor said. I read AME Licensing Guidance Document Sect D. It did not say anything about OJT. License plan to aaply is B1.1.
JohnMax
post Feb 10 2009, 12:44 AM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(wusuhong @ Feb 10 2009, 12:10 AM)
lestat where can i get those books,i cant find online or even popular.
can aldo advice what to start first?
I also finding aviation books at the pass. And I found it only in Kinokuniya Book Store. MPH, Popular, Boardest.... didt have.

And one more place I found these books, is at my school library. Hehe
JohnMax
post Feb 11 2009, 07:49 PM

On my way
543 posts

Although I showed you all the complete guide to enter Poly, but that is bullshit.

Cause now basic also got problems. I have talked with some LAEs, and they also say the same as previous LAEs, Poly student are always lost...

Some LAEs are helping us, some training school instuctors also, and some of us is trying the best, but 95% are still lost. Only those who really find out the problems is trying to solve the problems. We know inside the aircraft but not out side?

No Guidance, no people lead us to teach us. Direct to the hangar floor and learn from the technician and Engineer. No mission and vision. Poly also made my batch as beta test for work schedule. How about senior??

I must complate at least 60 task in 100 days OJT in MAS. If failed to do so, sorry you can leave now. And at the end will be oral... asking all what you did and modules.....

LAEs asked.
They ask us some basic questions, Physically.
e.g. How is the Main Landing Gear are called? Ans: Numbers
e.g. B747-400 Have winglets, what B737-300 have at the same placE?? A long rod. Ans: That is HF Antenna.
e.g. What is the Different between B747-200 and B747-300? Ans: Find yourself

Everyone have different answers...

If the programs is to make to be like this, students that Poly produce will be technician only not LAE. As LEO at HPL 06 told us that only 4 people graduate from MIAT be LAE in MAS currently, but i do not know really or not.

So for us who study in Poly is ???? to go to LAE, is a huge far extreme way to go...
JohnMax
post Feb 12 2009, 11:39 PM

On my way
543 posts

Thanks Lestat, now I am trying my best to improve from my self from zone 100 to zone 700 at B737.

hakunamatata, is that true?? Part 147? Event Mas didt have it yet.

80k.... that is an amounth of money

This post has been edited by JohnMax: Feb 13 2009, 12:04 AM
JohnMax
post Feb 16 2009, 12:25 AM

On my way
543 posts

When is normally MAS and AA open thier TAME program? After SPM results?

It will take METC and also TAFE Collage right?

Did not open to public right?

Added on February 16, 2009, 12:31 amMaybe this will help more with you all. I have all 4 seasons. Now waiting for complete season 5.

Air Crash Investigation Season 5

Astro playing i think.

This post has been edited by JohnMax: Feb 16 2009, 12:31 AM

13 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0661sec    0.22    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:34 PM