Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
121 Pages « < 59 60 61 62 63 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [Home Appliances] Water Filter, for drinking water purpose (Household)

views

keyinyong
post Apr 12 2014, 12:48 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(NightFelix @ Mar 21 2013, 05:52 PM)
Yes. Outdoor External Water Filter are recommended to install one for our home. The benefit is like what you said above. My personal more likely to recommend take 3M AP903 Model which tested and certified by NSF42. There are one seller in this forum here.  biggrin.gif
After I did some research on 3M outdoor external filter, I have no doubt about it. As for your indoor choice, you should think twice about it. wink.gif
Well, not really. Of course the more standard the product certified have, the better the product, but to choose proper qualify good drinking water system must have at least NSF 42 and 53 certified which is the Aesthetic Effects & Health Effects.
Somemore must fully unit verify and certify, so is no just only the components, there are few brand selling in the hypermarket or we often seen, those system is just components certify but not the full unit. Like a car, example: a Certified imported Honda Brand Engine put into a local OEM Brand car.
Hi, anyone know where can get 3M AP903 water filter in Malaysia?
Thanks.
NightFelix
post Apr 12 2014, 12:59 AM

Samsung Exynos
All Stars
17,311 posts

QUOTE(keyinyong @ Apr 12 2014, 12:48 AM)
Hi, anyone know where can get 3M AP903 water filter in Malaysia?
Thanks.
zheilwane or XAM MAX
Secruoser
post Apr 12 2014, 09:00 AM

Regular
1,181 posts

Water filter I use Rainmaker water distiller. I'm not selling Rainmaker or advertising for them, as I'm looking for water distiller and it's only one of the two brands I found in the market.

The Spartans and Chinese Dynasties Royalties used to collect dew water from plants in the morning. Dew water is gained through a natural process called transpiration. It is distilled water, free from anything in the water, just pure H2O, nothing else. No organisms, no heavy metals, no minerals, nada.

It is a known fact that marketeers and advertisers will do anything to sell everything, including water (water filter is water business) since everyone needs it. There's all sorts of quackery and claims about alkaline, oxygen, ionic, etc but really, if you're a real scientist that knows human body, biology and chemistry, you will know they are all not scientifically founded.

Some of the common arguments:

1. Our body need minerals, and distilled water has no minerals.

Yes it's true that our body needs minerals, without essential minerals we'd be sick. We are made of star stuff, as Carl Sagan said. However, there are 2 types of minerals, organic and inorganic. See this: http://www.rawfoodexplained.com/minerals/o...c-minerals.html

We need minerals, but not from water! Minerals in water is inorganic and not good for our body. If not cleansed from our body, it will be deposited in our blood streams, veins, arteries, nerves, etc and cause many kind of problems. Sometimes you will hear a person who is lives a very healthy lifestyle, eat healthy, exercise, but suddenly got strange sickness and die. Then the question may be what kind of water he drinks?

Minerals that are beneficial for us can only be gained by eating food. Ok.

2. Distilled water has the 'absorbing' effect and will rob your body of the minerals.

This is exaggerated and fear-driven. It's true that distilled water has the 'absorbing' effect due to its purity, and yes it does absorb minerals when it enters your body, starting from the leftover food traces in your mouth and by the time it reaches your digestive system it is already in a steady state. However, it doesn't just absorb minerals, but toxins and other pollutants in your body as well.

This is the real function of water in our body: to act as a carriage for nutrients and to flush out everything else that our body doesn't need. Not provide oxygen (your respiratory system does that), not provide alkaline (I'll come to this). That's why you should not smoke because it ruins your respiratory system. Does it mean if you drink oxygen water you can smoke as you like? LOL

3. Alkaline water is better than pure water (distilled) because alkaline (ionized) is beneficial for us.

This is another funny one. Alkaline 'anything' is good for us, but do you only hear that from promoters or did you do your own research? Lemon, very sour and acidic, is one of the most 'alkaline-forming' food. Maybe your promoter didn't tell you that. Alkaline, alkaline-forming, acidic, acid-forming all have different meanings. For example lemon is acidic but when it reaches our digestive system it will form alkalinity. Wonders of nature (chemistry). Do you know most fish will die if the pH in water is above 10 or below 3? For me common sense tells me it's safer to stay around neutral pH than be alkaline. There's also a sickness called alkalosis (cell death due to too alkaline environment). Eating unhealthy food (fast food, fried food, soft drinks) will cause our body too be acidic and also invite a lot of sicknesses (cancer?), so better don't be too acidic or too alkaline just stay around neutral, and distilled water is the nearest to neutral pH compared to other water.

4. If distilled water is so good, then why it is cheaper compared to other water filters?

First, distilled water is not 'good', it is just water the way it is, pure H2O. It is just not 'bad', in terms of adding unproven so-called 'beneficial' stuffs into your water and eventually wreck your body in long-term. Understand what is water's function in our body.

Second, you can actually make your own distilled water at home. Just boil water and collect the vapour which formed from the steam. Anyone can do it. That's why they cannot charge a lot for a 'water distiller'. Also, they don't need to market/advertise like other water promoters because those who understand pure water will buy from them. If they advertise, the cost will rise. There are so many water quacks out there who want to profit from the filter maintenance and the 'super-beneficial' magical water machine. My water distiller also need to change a simple carbon filter every 3 months, but very cheap compared to those expensive filters. Carbon filter is for the chlorine which can rise together with steam. BTW the water distiller I use is not for lazy people, because I actually need to pour water in it everyday to boil it. (Some think it's expensive to boil water, but it's actually not. If you order a drink everyday you eat outside, you're already paying more than that).

There's many more to write but I'll just stop here. For me, I have been drinking distilled water for almost a year, my friend already more than 15 years (he's much older than me) and nothing wrong (no mineral deficiencies). I used to have dry foot skin and dry patches around my thighs, knees and elbows (sometimes itchy due to dryness) but now no more. smile.gif

In conclusion, water is really just for hydration, molecular-level transport and cleansing. As long as it doesn't harm us, don't depend on it for any so-called 'beneficial' effect. Many people drink tap water also can survive long, and their food style has probably outweighed the little accumulative harmful effect of normal tap water. You want healthy body, no short cut, exercise and eat healthy food instead of giving excuse of no time, lazy, too much work, entertain clients etc. In the end, it's up to you which water to choose, it's your money and your body. I'm just sharing my experience.

This post has been edited by Secruoser: Apr 12 2014, 09:10 AM
NIckLJF
post Apr 15 2014, 01:11 PM

Lost Stars
859 posts

Everytime I see some 'professional opinion' attached with a brand name, I have high doubts.

Perhaps can try to debunk this study by WHO. Who? World Health Organisation.

http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health...ientschap12.pdf

Quote from the conclusion paragraph - "Demineralised water that has not been remineralized, or low-mineral content water – in the light of the absence or substantial lack of essential minerals in it – is not considered ideal drinking water, and therefore, its regular consumption may not be providing adequate levels of some beneficial nutrient"
SUSsupersound
post Apr 15 2014, 01:15 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(NIckLJF @ Apr 15 2014, 01:11 PM)
Everytime I see some 'professional opinion' attached with a brand name, I have high doubts.

Quote from the conclusion paragraph - "Demineralised water that has not been remineralized, or low-mineral content water – in the light of the absence or substantial lack of essential minerals in it – is not considered ideal drinking water, and therefore, its regular consumption may not be providing adequate levels of some beneficial nutrient"
Such water will create RO effect on our body and flush out the remaining essential minerals in our body.
That's why when drinking such water, our wee wee will be very yellow as it is flushing out minerals. Later it will be clear all the time as no more mineral. Most direct sales companies will use this method to mislead people.
NightFelix
post Apr 15 2014, 01:44 PM

Samsung Exynos
All Stars
17,311 posts

QUOTE(NIckLJF @ Apr 15 2014, 01:11 PM)

Well said and good sharing here. Much more credible since the info is directly taken from WHO. nod.gif

This post has been edited by NightFelix: Apr 15 2014, 01:45 PM
Red Tsubasa
post Apr 15 2014, 04:27 PM

Return To Innocence
1,434 posts

Try this

Komibright A300 R.O water purifier , easy to install and DIY... the filter also not expensive

https://www.facebook.com/Hydorex
TieL
post Apr 16 2014, 04:27 AM

32 posts

hi, i am wondering anyone here using those lower class Panasonic filter, such as PJ-5RF, TK-CS10, TK-CS20?

http://www.panasonic.com/my/consumer/kitch...filtration.html

Do you still boil for drinking water? or you just drink after the filter?
SUSsupersound
post Apr 16 2014, 10:02 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(TieL @ Apr 16 2014, 04:27 AM)
hi, i am wondering anyone here using those lower class Panasonic filter, such as PJ-5RF, TK-CS10, TK-CS20?

I just drink directly but will soon changing it to better type.
Can feel the water quality are getting poorer nowadays doh.gif
NightFelix
post Apr 16 2014, 10:54 AM

Samsung Exynos
All Stars
17,311 posts

QUOTE(TieL @ Apr 16 2014, 04:27 AM)

I would only recommend you to wash your fruit and vegetables only. I can't even find that having NSF 42 certified? sweat.gif
SUSsupersound
post Apr 16 2014, 01:40 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(NightFelix @ Apr 16 2014, 10:54 AM)
I would only recommend you to wash your fruit and vegetables only. I can't even find that having NSF 42 certified? sweat.gif
Certifications in Malaysia are rubbish.
As long as you follow Najib's guideline : you help me, I help you whistling.gif
TieL
post Apr 16 2014, 01:59 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(NightFelix @ Apr 16 2014, 10:54 AM)
about NSF 42:

NSF/ANSI Standard 42: Drinking Water Treatment Units - Aesthetic Effects

NSF/ANSI Standard 42 establishes the minimum requirements for the certification of POU/POE filtration systems designed to reduce specific aesthetic or non-health-related contaminants (chlorine, taste, odor and particulates) that may be present in public or private drinking water.

The scope of NSF/ANSI 42 includes material safety, structural integrity and aesthetic, non-health-related contaminant reduction performance claims. The most common technology addressed by this standard is carbon filtration.

those TK-CS10/CS210 are using powdered activated carbon.
i guess it achieves something close to NSF 42?
NightFelix
post Apr 16 2014, 02:14 PM

Samsung Exynos
All Stars
17,311 posts

QUOTE(TieL @ Apr 16 2014, 01:59 PM)
about NSF 42:
those TK-CS10/CS210 are using powdered activated carbon.
i guess it achieves something close to NSF 42?
That is why I'm telling you, if u really intended to buy Panasonic those cheapo filter, I recommend u to wash fruit/vege only, not filter water then boil later and drink. Think twice, these kind of cheapo filter can't filter those Mercury or Lead etc...

In Malaysia, I wouldn't recommend any of my friends/families to buy any filter that don't come with at least NSF42, 53. So is up to you to decide since you are the one who drink the water, not me. In Singapore, you barely even find Chlorine in water.

Ps: Take this for example, buying a RM199 China Clone Smartphone, can I play 1080P video like the Galaxy Note 3? sweat.gif

This post has been edited by NightFelix: Apr 16 2014, 02:16 PM
TieL
post Apr 16 2014, 02:26 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(NightFelix @ Apr 16 2014, 02:14 PM)
That is why I'm telling you, if u really intended to buy Panasonic those cheapo filter, I recommend u to wash fruit/vege only, not filter water then boil later and drink. Think twice, these kind of cheapo filter can't filter those Mercury or Lead etc...

In Malaysia, I wouldn't recommend any of my friends/families to buy any filter that don't come with at least NSF42, 53. So is up to you to decide since you are the one who drink the water, not me. In Singapore, you barely even find Chlorine in water.

Ps: Take this for example, buying a RM199 China Clone Smartphone, can I play 1080P video like the Galaxy Note 3? sweat.gif
hmm, u got point
any affordable NSF 42 certified filter that you recommend? can get around 300 - 500? sweat.gif
NightFelix
post Apr 17 2014, 12:07 AM

Samsung Exynos
All Stars
17,311 posts

QUOTE(TieL @ Apr 16 2014, 02:26 PM)
hmm, u got point
any affordable NSF 42 certified filter that you recommend? can get around 300 - 500?  sweat.gif
Top up abit get 3M brand AP Easy Complete. Outdoor get 3M brand AP902.
PJusa
post Apr 17 2014, 09:10 AM

Regular
1,948 posts

i am using a POE filter from panasonic - PJ-37MRF. the cartridge is pretty good but not as a single filter. however i dislike the fact that its not under the sink. looking at the AP easy complete or something similar that i can crank between the pipes. ideally with hollow fibres because i believe this is a great last stage filtration (first stage: volcanic stone, second stage: two chained activated charcoal filters). is anyone aware of a hollow fibre filter that i can mount under the sink and connect in between the normal cold water pipe? filter replacements should not be more than 2-300 RM.

thanks!
XAM MAX
post Apr 28 2014, 06:23 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

QUOTE(kidkad @ Apr 9 2014, 08:27 AM)
frankly speaking.. i dun know.. btw i'm looking into 3M model as well.. they got newer model.. DWS 2500T-CN
3M new model DWS2500T-CN is available now, just visit our booth at Homedec KLCC Level 3, Hall 8 P059 from 1-4 May 10am - 8pm
Please don't miss the chance to find out our amazing deal during this exhibition.
JY.
post Apr 28 2014, 07:36 PM

Regular
1,625 posts

any idea where to get 3M water filter in melaka? Including installation.

This post has been edited by JY.: Apr 28 2014, 07:37 PM
freak
post Apr 29 2014, 04:25 AM

Bending Unit B14TCH
3,092 posts

planning to get an outdoor water filter...considering the 3M AP902. are there any way to prevent ppl from stealing the catridge? build a bracket?
hydroguard water filter
post Apr 29 2014, 12:19 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(PJusa @ Apr 17 2014, 09:10 AM)
i am using a POE filter from panasonic - PJ-37MRF. the cartridge is pretty good but not as a single filter. however i dislike the fact that its not under the sink. looking at the AP easy complete or something similar that i can crank between the pipes. ideally with hollow fibres because i believe this is a great last stage filtration (first stage: volcanic stone, second stage: two chained activated charcoal filters). is anyone aware of a hollow fibre filter that i can mount under the sink and connect in between the normal cold water pipe? filter replacements should not be more than 2-300 RM.

thanks!

use hydroguard kalla 2 water filter smile.gif its absolutely what are you searching for.gives you clean water to drink and for kitchen chores.its fixed under the sink as you want and low maintenance.its the best you can find in market.i say what i can and its all up to your decision.if you interested please do reply.i tell more about our product if you interested.just want help you and your family get clean&safe water #healthylifestyle biggrin.gif

121 Pages « < 59 60 61 62 63 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0349sec    0.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 9th August 2022 - 09:53 PM