Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> 🏳️‍🌈 LGBTQ Community, Discussion regarding LGBTQ

views

TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 13 2020, 12:01 PM, updated 5 months ago

he/his/him
1,723 posts

user posted image

Since we have a lot of different groups here, I figured we should make one for LGBT too. Contrary to what our ex-tourism minister had claimed, we do actually exist. sweat.gif

Just a little introduction about myself: You guys can call me Giga. I'm a 28 years old malay gay guy currently living in KL. Nice to meet you guys!

Feel free to use this thread to discuss LGBT issues in the country and beyond. Anyone with any questions about the LGBT community feel free to drop your questions here too. We will try to answer as best as we can.

🏳️‍🌈👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨👨‍👨‍👦👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩👩‍👩‍👦

Added on

This post has been edited by internaldisputes: Mar 17 2021, 04:49 PM
chowhai
post Feb 13 2020, 12:15 PM

24 posts

teddysaur will join this chat shortly
TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 13 2020, 12:17 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(chowhai @ Feb 13 2020, 12:15 PM)
That's great. We've pm'ed back and forth before. He's a nice guy. biggrin.gif
seventwo
post Feb 13 2020, 12:18 PM

Enthusiast
715 posts

Welcome bro.
When you realize that your sexuality is different?
ListenToTheWind
post Feb 13 2020, 12:28 PM

Getting Started
271 posts

I'm just worry that the discussion get too obscene. drool.gif
Captain89
post Feb 13 2020, 12:32 PM

🔨🔨🔨
2,974 posts

QUOTE(chowhai @ Feb 13 2020, 10:45 AM)
teddysaur
TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 13 2020, 12:41 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(seventwo @ Feb 13 2020, 12:18 PM)
Welcome bro.
When you realize that your sexuality is different?
Probably when I was 7/8? Because I remember feeling some type of way looking at wrestling shows on TV.

QUOTE(ListenToTheWind @ Feb 13 2020, 12:28 PM)
I'm just worry that the discussion get too obscene. drool.gif
Probably. I don't think it will get more obscene than the discussion on /k though. innocent.gif

This post has been edited by internaldisputes: Feb 13 2020, 12:42 PM
New Klang
post Feb 13 2020, 01:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,483 posts

Reporting in
sweet_pez
post Feb 13 2020, 01:47 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,017 posts

internaldisputes i have amended the title as it will be more for discussion rather than 'networking'.

Guys this is Serious /K so please adhere to the rules and be civilized in comments/ discussion.
NO TROLLING in Serious /K section.
V429
post Feb 13 2020, 01:56 PM

1,000 posts

Good day, may I ask a question please?

I've noticed some lesbian or gay couples have.. Roles. For example, one tends to be more masculine and the other tend to be more feminine?

Sometimes for some couples this is rather obvious and for some others it is not apparent. I usually notice this in Chinese couples, but less so in Caucasian couples. (Just my casual unscientific observation).

So I am wondering does this role thing apply to most lesbian or gay couples? Just that some are more apparent than others?
kl920930
post Feb 13 2020, 02:06 PM

mr. minibosskl
1,221 posts

I'm not into lgbt but I know a friend of mine that was gay and his parents did not approve the relationship. lastly he shifted out of the house and rarely goes home ever since unless parents ask him to come back for dinner etc.

his parents actually loves him a lot but he views his bf more important than his parents. btw both of them together I think about 4 years already

how do you all cope with such situation? share some suggestion then maybe I can tell him or his parents how to be at peace together smile.gif
darkmusses
post Feb 13 2020, 02:18 PM

On my way
524 posts

Feel free to live a life that as long one act do not exceed one conscience ..

JoeK
post Feb 13 2020, 03:21 PM

Enthusiast
805 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Feb 13 2020, 12:17 PM)
That's great. We've pm'ed back and forth before. He's a nice guy.  biggrin.gif
Do you know thor1989 too?
seventwo
post Feb 13 2020, 03:32 PM

Enthusiast
715 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Feb 13 2020, 12:41 PM)
Probably when I was 7/8? Because I remember feeling some type of way looking at wrestling shows on TV.
Probably. I don't think it will get more obscene than the discussion on /k though.  innocent.gif
haha it's a bit early tho you found out. biggrin.gif but it’s okay
Do have a question here, since you re Malaysian, i believe you should know about it, where is, there is one transgender (man to woman) have performed worship but in ways that the guy do not follow the true teachings.

I do not want you to speak from a religious point of view, so what do you think about this from a human right and moral standpoint. smile.gif
Captain89
post Feb 13 2020, 03:39 PM

🔨🔨🔨
2,974 posts

QUOTE(kl920930 @ Feb 13 2020, 12:36 PM)
I'm not into lgbt but I know a friend of mine that was gay and his parents did not approve the relationship. lastly he shifted out of the house and rarely goes home ever since unless parents ask him to come back for dinner etc.

his parents actually loves him a lot but he views his bf more important than his parents. btw both of them together I think about 4 years already

how do you all cope with such situation? share some suggestion then maybe I can tell him or his parents how to be at peace together smile.gif
Maybe his parents want grandson/granddaughter
Or who will take care of them (parents) when they're old, his son's bf
kl920930
post Feb 13 2020, 04:17 PM

mr. minibosskl
1,221 posts

QUOTE(Captain89 @ Feb 13 2020, 03:39 PM)
Maybe his parents want grandson/granddaughter
Or who will take care of them (parents) when they're old, his son's bf
they have one daughter too which is currently in a relationship

I think the issue is because parents cannot accept son is gay and also their family is quite well known for socializing

but when I'm around them and their son is present, they don't talk much to each other

feels like they want to ask their son to stay back in house but on the other hand giving him silent treatment when he is at home
Captain89
post Feb 13 2020, 04:27 PM

🔨🔨🔨
2,974 posts

QUOTE(kl920930 @ Feb 13 2020, 02:47 PM)
they have one daughter too which is currently in a relationship

I think the issue is because parents cannot accept son is gay and also their family is quite well known for socializing

but when I'm around them and their son is present, they don't talk much to each other

feels like they want to ask their son to stay back in house but on the other hand giving him silent treatment when he is at home
Complicated shet over here hmmm
True also, no parents want their child to go against nature
kl920930
post Feb 13 2020, 04:50 PM

mr. minibosskl
1,221 posts

QUOTE(Captain89 @ Feb 13 2020, 04:27 PM)
Complicated shet over here hmmm
True also, no parents want their child to go against nature
that's true.. I would also be in shock too

wondering how other lgbt's here announce to their family and how their family respond to them

also how they change their family's perception towards lgbt behavior
Captain89
post Feb 13 2020, 05:29 PM

🔨🔨🔨
2,974 posts

QUOTE(kl920930 @ Feb 13 2020, 03:20 PM)
that's true.. I would also be in shock too

wondering how other lgbt's here announce to their family and how their family respond to them

also how they change their family's perception towards lgbt behavior
Usually they will keep it to themselves. I have a few friends like this too, and they said it's better not to tell
When anyone asked about relationships, just ignore it
MohdPuskas
post Feb 13 2020, 05:43 PM

Getting Started
189 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Feb 13 2020, 12:41 PM)
Ok, i better make sure my son x watch any wrestling show
WallMaker
post Feb 13 2020, 08:56 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

what should be discuss in this thread?
Solar Calendar
post Feb 13 2020, 10:42 PM

On my way
662 posts

There is only 2 genders. Prove me wrong.
TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 14 2020, 09:13 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Feb 13 2020, 01:47 PM)
internaldisputes i have amended the title as it will be more for discussion rather than 'networking'.

Guys this is Serious /K so please adhere to the rules and be civilized in comments/ discussion.
NO TROLLING in Serious /K section.
Alright thanks! icon_rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(V429 @ Feb 13 2020, 01:56 PM)
Good day, may I ask a question please?

I've noticed some lesbian or gay couples have.. Roles. For example, one tends to be more masculine and the other tend to be more feminine?

Sometimes for some couples this is rather obvious and for some others it is not apparent. I usually notice this in Chinese couples, but less so in Caucasian couples. (Just my casual unscientific observation).

So I am wondering does this role thing apply to most lesbian or gay couples? Just that some are more apparent than others?
Among gays we have bottoms and tops... Bottoms are the ones getting penetrated and tops are the ones penetrating. But those are just terms exclusive for anal sex. Although we tend to joke about bottoms being the more feminine of the two, there are people who don't really follow the trend— feminine tops, masculine bottoms, etc.

My partner and I are both "versatile" and we don't really have any roles that we play. We both due house chores and we both go to work. We are equal in all ways.

QUOTE(kl920930 @ Feb 13 2020, 02:06 PM)

Yeah that is a common theme among LGBT people because it's pretty rare that a family will accept someone for being LGBT. I have came out to my family (my mom specifically) through a phone call and I thought it ended pretty ok but as I found out later she is not as accepting as she still asks me when will I get married, etc. It's pretty annoying but I guess I can just keep deflecting those questions until she pass away. I have brought my bf (introduced just as a friend) last month to meet her and she gets along with him great. So I'm thankful for that.

Personally, I think LGBT people should not be afraid to cut ties with their family if the love that their family have towards them is pure toxic.

QUOTE(seventwo @ Feb 13 2020, 03:32 PM)
haha it's a bit early tho you found out. biggrin.gif but it’s okay
Do have a question here, since you re Malaysian, i believe you should know about it, where is, there is one transgender (man to woman) have performed worship but in ways that the guy do not follow the true teachings.

I do not want you to speak from a religious point of view, so what do you think about this from a human right and moral standpoint. smile.gif
I think it's great that she is exercising her right to worship. And she brought her parents too! A lot of people thinks that since we are LGBT, none of us care about religion but that is not true. My bf for example still prays 5 times a day and he wants to go to Mecca one day. I on the other hand, is pretty agnostic these days but I respect him and everyone else for still keeping in touch with their faith.

The whole is issue is pretty silly because the crime was committed in a foreign country but everyone here wants her to be punished here. Pretty sure that's not how law works (I'm not a lawyer though).
V429
post Feb 14 2020, 09:27 AM

1,000 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Feb 14 2020, 09:13 AM)
My partner and I are both "versatile" and we don't really have any roles that we play. We both due house chores and we both go to work. We are equal in all ways.
Thanks for sharing.

Can I ask in your experience, does 'family dynamics' affect a person's sexual orientation? I am asking because I noticed 2 cases where seemingly the lesbians lack stable fatherly figure? I suppose this is an oversimplification, a very surface level observation and probably have more unaccounted factors to be considered, but I am still curious and hope you can share you views on this. smile.gif
TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 14 2020, 09:34 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(WallMaker @ Feb 13 2020, 08:56 PM)
what should be discuss in this thread?
Anything! LGBT is a pretty complex topic and I'm sure LGBT themselves (especially the closeted ones) have lots of misconceptions about the community and themselves.

QUOTE(Solar Calendar @ Feb 13 2020, 10:42 PM)
There are plenty of scientific research to support the diversity of human genders but I don't think I will be able to convince or prove to you about transgendered people since I don't really dive deep into all those research. Being a plain old cisgender male, I don't really have first-hand experience of being transgender too. I can only say I've met a trans man (assigned female at birth) and I've learned a lot through his experience and struggles. But I don't think I can convince you through personal anecdotes either.

If someone who is a transgender can hop into the discussion that would be great! In Malaysia, we have icons like Nisha Ayub who is constantly engaging with the government to highlight transgender rights but there is still a lot of work to be done.
TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 14 2020, 09:43 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(V429 @ Feb 14 2020, 09:27 AM)
Thanks for sharing.

Can I ask in your experience, does 'family dynamics' affect a person's sexual orientation? I am asking because I noticed 2 cases where seemingly the lesbians lack stable fatherly figure? I suppose this is an oversimplification, a very surface level observation and probably have more unaccounted factors to be considered, but I am still curious and hope you can share you views on this. smile.gif
Can't speak for lesbians but in my case I'm not so close to my dad and most of my family of 10 siblings are female. Maybe the lack of father figure and constant feminine interactions affect me or maybe they don't. I can't say for sure. sweat.gif I do have guy friends who are closer with their dads more than their moms and still end up gay, though.

Personally I think homosexuality is genetic so regardless of how I interacted with my family, my parents should be held accountable for passing me the gay gene. innocent.gif
V429
post Feb 14 2020, 09:58 AM

1,000 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Feb 14 2020, 09:43 AM)
Can't speak for lesbians but in my case I'm not so close to my dad and most of my family of 10 siblings are female. Maybe the lack of father figure and constant feminine interactions affect me or maybe they don't. I can't say for sure.  sweat.gif I do have guy friends  who are closer with their dads more than their moms and still end up gay, though.

Personally I think homosexuality is genetic so regardless of how I interacted with my family, my parents should be held accountable for passing me the gay gene.  innocent.gif
I see. Interesting.

Lastly I wonder what are the things that people not familiar with LGBT community do or say that may unknowingly cause offense, annoyance or discomfort to people within the community?

I was going to ask how should people not familiar with LGBT community treat people within the community, but I can already guess the answer : to treat them just like how you treat anyone and everyone else, hence the above slightly tweaked question.

TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 14 2020, 10:12 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(V429 @ Feb 14 2020, 09:58 AM)
I see. Interesting.

Lastly I wonder what are the things that people not familiar with LGBT community do or say that may unknowingly cause offense, annoyance or discomfort to people within the community?

I was going to ask how should people not familiar with LGBT community treat people within the community, but I can already guess the answer : to treat them just like how you treat anyone and everyone else, hence the above slightly tweaked question.
At the top of my head is men saying , “Wait, you’re not attracted to me right”. sweat.gif

But yeah, just treat LGBT people that you meet like everyone else. If you feel what you about to say is offensive, it probably is. Asking transgender people what pronoun they prefer is totally okay though.

I think this article pretty much covers the rest:
'Are You the Husband or the Wife' 6 Things NOT to Say to LGBT People
Source: https://www.diversityinc.com/are-you-the-hu...o-say-to-lgbts/
DoomCognition
post Feb 14 2020, 10:17 AM

On my way
622 posts

Support your rights to not being harassed!
V429
post Feb 14 2020, 10:26 AM

1,000 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Feb 14 2020, 10:12 AM)
At the top of my head is men saying , “Wait, you’re not attracted to me right”.  sweat.gif

But yeah, just treat LGBT people that you meet like everyone else. If you feel what you about to say is offensive, it probably is. Asking transgender people what pronoun they prefer is totally okay though.

I think this article pretty much covers the rest:
'Are You the Husband or the Wife' 6 Things NOT to Say to LGBT People
Source: https://www.diversityinc.com/are-you-the-hu...o-say-to-lgbts/
Thanks for the share. It's quite informative.

Speaking of pronoun, non-binary gender is something I discovered on twitter recently. Very new & confusing and is quite a big paradigm shift for me. It's going to take some time to learn.

Have a nice day.

This post has been edited by V429: Feb 14 2020, 10:28 AM
Havoc Knightmare
post Feb 14 2020, 11:01 AM

Invictus
1,196 posts

I've been around LYN for ages but never been out on this forum, so here am I. In person, I am fairly out with my friends, family members and even some colleagues. I am a 32 year old Chinese guy based in KL. I'm somewhat of an oddity, being gay and socially conservative but not particularly closeted at the same time.

In any case, glad to see a serious thread on the topic. I avoided the previous LGBT thread that existed years ago because I'm not really keen on all the banter. Would be happy to help answer any questions that people have.

For those of you straight guys who are wondering, it is not a 'choice', in the same way that one does not choose to prefer chocolate over strawberry icecream. And I don't think anything 'caused' us to be this way. I LOLed at the wrestling bit because I never heard of anyone turning gay because of that.

Personally, I don't like to be 'identified' as gay by my social circle because it is just a small part of my life. Like I wouldn't want to be exclusively identified as being 'male' or 'Chinese'.

This post has been edited by Havoc Knightmare: Feb 14 2020, 11:06 AM
TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 14 2020, 11:18 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(DoomCognition @ Feb 14 2020, 10:17 AM)
Support your rights to not being harassed!
We appreciate that! Thank you so much!

QUOTE(V429 @ Feb 14 2020, 10:26 AM)
Thanks for the share. It's quite informative.

Speaking of pronoun, non-binary gender is something I discovered on twitter recently. Very new & confusing and is quite a big paradigm shift for me. It's going to take some time to learn.

Have a nice day.
You're welcome! Haha non-binary is fairly new term for me too. Have a nice day too!

QUOTE(Havoc Knightmare @ Feb 14 2020, 11:01 AM)
I've been around LYN for ages but never been out on this forum, so here am I. In person, I am fairly out with my friends, family members and even some colleagues. I am a 32 year old Chinese guy based in KL. I'm somewhat of an oddity, being gay and socially conservative but not particularly closeted at the same time.

In any case, glad to see a serious thread on the topic. I avoided the previous LGBT thread that existed years ago because I'm not really keen on all the banter. Would be happy to help answer any questions that people have.

For those of you straight guys who are wondering, it is not a 'choice', in the same way that one does not choose to prefer chocolate over strawberry icecream. And I don't think anything 'caused' us to be this way. I LOLed at the wrestling bit because I never heard of anyone turning gay because of that.

Personally, I don't like to be 'identified' as gay by my social circle because it is just a small part of my life. Like I wouldn't want to be exclusively identified as being 'male' or 'Chinese'.
Hey there! Yeah, my friend taught me to always choose our battles because sometimes people are just so set in their ways and there is no way we get to change their views. I like to remind myself that our society as a whole has become a little more accepting towards LGBT and according to Pew Research Center it is true although just marginally.

I agree about not having to come out. It's a personal choice and I only come out to people on need to know basis. That being said, I always post LGBT materials on my Whatsapp updates so everyone in my contacts should be able to connect the dots.
Hades76
post Feb 14 2020, 11:29 AM

On my way
521 posts

Hello LGBT. Just reading this thread for fun. People are quite tolerant when it comes to LGBT as long as it doesnt encroach on other people's feelings.

However what Sajat did was totally wrong. He knows the situation both here and Saudi on this matter and yet flew in as a male and perform umrah as a female and happily posting on social media. Thats purposely asking for trouble ( or fame ).

Nothing against the LGBT society, but sometimes they just want attention and hopes there is no backlash from traditional Malaysia.

We are not even near West level of tolerance, thus dont lah test the waters. Just lay low, enjoy your lifestyle and no one will focus on this.

TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 14 2020, 03:12 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(Hades76 @ Feb 14 2020, 11:29 AM)
Hello LGBT. Just reading this thread for fun. People are quite tolerant when it comes to LGBT as long as it doesnt encroach on other people's feelings.

However what Sajat did was totally wrong. He knows the situation both here and Saudi on this matter and yet flew in as a male and perform umrah as a female and happily posting on social media. Thats purposely asking for trouble ( or fame ).

Nothing against the LGBT society, but sometimes they just want attention and hopes there is no backlash from traditional Malaysia.

We are not even near West level of tolerance, thus dont lah test the waters. Just lay low, enjoy your lifestyle and no one will focus on this.
Hello there. smile.gif

Laying low is good and all but where should we draw the line? We were just having fun in our own establishment, and the authorities suddenly decided to raid us. Our transgender sisters are just minding their own business trying to find money, but people simply beat them up for no reason. We want to watch our favourite movies, and the government keeps censoring and banning them for spreading LGBT agenda.

Don't get me started on Facebook comments blaming LGBT for all the wrong in the world: tsunamis, forest fires, coronavirus, etc. rclxub.gif
darkmusses
post Feb 14 2020, 04:14 PM

On my way
524 posts

The peace we will achieve if we mind our own business if there is no intention of helping instead of bashing. What make matter worst the LGBT community like to "bitch" or downplay because of the small "inner" circle they are in which is toxic.

Just live a life without the ill wishing to others will make the world a better place ..
SUSpalankon
post Feb 15 2020, 03:20 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

i have no problem with LGBT. as long they dont harrass me. i have many experience being harrassed by gays even though i already tell them im straight. why you keep trying hard !! ???
Taikor.Taikun
post Feb 15 2020, 05:23 PM

Enthusiast
787 posts

Is it easy to find partner? By interaction, networking, apps, agency or something?
RGRaj
post Feb 16 2020, 09:25 AM

Casual
344 posts

1. straight male
2. straight female
3. hemaprodhite with varrying chromosome pairs

But not all LBGT r hemaprodhites. Most r jus biologicaly straight males & females who "feel" diferently about themselves.
UpsideDownYeah
post Feb 17 2020, 01:35 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

I'm curious if there is alot of cases where gays are attracted at straight guys , isn't it a little uncomfortable ?
hellkvr
post Feb 17 2020, 04:32 PM

Casual
331 posts

Hi All,

i wonder if this case happend to any of you guys, my friend, once a very straight man, was crush when he find out his gf cheating behind him, in later he become 100% gay, how? now he always hangout with all his gym fren which i know they are gay too. wonder how brain trigger this.

TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 18 2020, 09:55 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(Taikor.Taikun @ Feb 15 2020, 05:23 PM)
Is it easy to find partner? By interaction, networking, apps, agency or something?
It's pretty hard! The first thing is to detect who is gay and who is not. Some people have excellent "gaydars" and they can detect another gay person from miles away regardless of how masculine the guy is. I don't really have that so I need to rely solely on apps. There are a lot of dating apps which cater for every spectrum of the LGBT community available through the Play Store/App Store. Thankfully, none are being banned by the government yet. The most famous one for gays is called Grindr. Most if not all of of these apps are geared primarily towards hookups, though. And most people in there are discreet and refuse to share anything about themselves which is super frustrating sometimes.

So there is a lot of layers to peel through in order to finally find someone as a partner.

Personally, I've met my current boyfriend last year in a LGBT gathering through sheer coincidence. I feel like I've won a lottery.

QUOTE(UpsideDownYeah @ Feb 17 2020, 01:35 AM)
I'm curious if there is alot of cases where gays are attracted at straight guys , isn't it a little uncomfortable ?
My gay friends and I talk about hot guys all the time regardless of whether or not they are gay. At the gym it can get pretty suffocating being surrounded by muscular guys but I try to zone them out by listening to music and really focusing on my workouts. I think the situation is not really unique to LGBT since I'm sure straight people have crushes on certain people and unable to act on them because of whatever reason. As long as we know our limits then it's fine, I guess. We are all humans afterall.

QUOTE(hellkvr @ Feb 17 2020, 04:32 PM)
Hi All,

i wonder if this case happend to any of you guys, my friend, once a very straight man, was crush when he find out his gf cheating behind him, in later he become 100% gay, how? now he always hangout with all his gym fren which i know they are gay too. wonder how brain trigger this.
Hey there! So they're both a couple now? Such cases are pretty rare but I suspect your friend is not 100% straight to begin win. There is this thing called Kinsey Scale which measures how straight or not straight someone is. Maybe your friend is somewhere in the middle of the scale.
Havoc Knightmare
post Feb 18 2020, 10:00 AM

Invictus
1,196 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Feb 14 2020, 11:18 AM)
We appreciate that! Thank you so much!
You're welcome! Haha non-binary is fairly new term for me too. Have a nice day too!
Hey there! Yeah, my friend taught me to always choose our battles because sometimes people are just so set in their ways and there is no way we get to change their views. I like to remind myself that our society as a whole has become a little more accepting towards LGBT and according to Pew Research Center it is true although just marginally.

I agree about not having to come out. It's a personal choice and I only come out to people on need to know basis. That being said, I always post LGBT materials on my Whatsapp updates so everyone in my contacts should be able to connect the dots.
Yup, I can imagine the battle being a lot tougher for you as the Malay community is a lot more conservative and religious in general. Have you ever felt like migrating?

Hi All,

I have a few friends who 'discovered' that they are gay through this way. I can't explain it properly except to say that maybe their homosexuality was latent, and it's a case of 'never try, never know' like you don't know what you like until you've experienced it for yourself. They tend to be the minority though, with most of us knowing it inherently.
TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 18 2020, 10:12 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(Havoc Knightmare @ Feb 18 2020, 10:00 AM)
Yup, I can imagine the battle being a lot tougher for you as the Malay community is a lot more conservative and religious in general. Have you ever felt like migrating?
I used to think about migrating before. I did fill up a form to become a Canadian PR. But it was mainly because I was pretty lonely back then— little to no friends, poor relationship with my family, etc. Now that all the situations improve, I don't feel like wanting to go anywhere else. Besides, I'm not that adventurous haha. Moving from Perak (my hometown) to KL is all I could muster. How about you?
ashangel39
post Feb 18 2020, 10:21 AM

43 posts

Checkin' in. Good to have a serious thread for the community for once.
Havoc Knightmare
post Feb 18 2020, 10:34 AM

Invictus
1,196 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Feb 18 2020, 10:12 AM)
I used to think about migrating before. I did fill up a form to become a Canadian PR. But it was mainly because I was pretty lonely back then— little to no friends, poor relationship with my family, etc. Now that all the situations improve, I don't feel like wanting to go anywhere else. Besides, I'm not that adventurous haha. Moving from Perak (my hometown) to KL is all I could muster. How about you?
Which part of Perak are you from?

My life in KL has been quite comfortable all these years, so no plans to move anywhere actually. Ignoring the political noise, life in Malaysia is quite pleasant as compared to many other places, even as a gay. I'm not very sociable, but has got better over the years though I'm not keen on mixing with the pretentious, superficial gay community that you typically find in KL. Am hoping to know more like minded folks around here.

This post has been edited by Havoc Knightmare: Feb 18 2020, 10:35 AM
TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 18 2020, 11:01 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(ashangel39 @ Feb 18 2020, 10:21 AM)
Checkin' in. Good to have a serious thread for the community for once.
Hi! Welcome! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Havoc Knightmare @ Feb 18 2020, 10:34 AM)
Which part of Perak are you from?

My life in KL has been quite comfortable all these years, so no plans to move anywhere actually. Ignoring the political noise, life in Malaysia is quite pleasant as compared to many other places, even as a gay. I'm not very sociable, but has got better over the years though I'm not keen on mixing with the pretentious, superficial gay community that you typically find in KL. Am hoping to know more like minded folks around here.
Oh, I'm from Taiping originally. I go back home for Raya once or twice a year only.

That's great! I'm happy for you. I wish I can tune out all the local news sometimes. but maybe I have a news addiction or something because I just can't. It always leave me feeling anxious afterwards because they hardly report anything positive these days. Anyway. you're spot on about the superficiality and pretentiousness of our community. I'm still on Grindr and I have seen and experienced so many unbelievable things in there. Discrimination, racism, bullying, etc... My theory is that we as gay people we were subjected to a lot of emotional abuse growing up and most of us still hold on to that negative energy/trauma. A lot needs to be done to reverse this, starting with teaching ourselves about self-acceptance.

Maybe this is something you can participate in? Statistically there should be hundreds of thousands of gay people in Malaysia and most of them should be in KL. Finding like minded people is maybe hard, but not impossible haha.
Havoc Knightmare
post Feb 18 2020, 11:47 AM

Invictus
1,196 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Feb 18 2020, 11:01 AM)
Hi! Welcome! biggrin.gif
Oh, I'm from Taiping originally. I go back home for Raya once or twice a year only. 

That's great! I'm happy for you. I wish I can tune out all the local news sometimes. but maybe I have a news addiction or something because I just can't. It always leave me feeling anxious afterwards because they hardly report anything positive these days. Anyway. you're spot on about the superficiality and pretentiousness of our community. I'm still on Grindr and I have seen and experienced so many unbelievable things in there. Discrimination, racism, bullying, etc... My theory is that we as gay people we were subjected to a lot of emotional abuse growing up and most of us still hold on to that negative energy/trauma. A lot needs to be done to reverse this, starting with teaching ourselves about self-acceptance.

Maybe this is something you can participate in? Statistically there should be hundreds of thousands of gay people in Malaysia and most of them should be in KL. Finding like minded people is maybe hard, but not impossible haha.
Nice place, and all the folks that I've met from there are really nice and simple people. If only KL folks had that honesty and simplicity.

I think it's because the community has been kept underground all these years that we revert to our primal nature... a lawless community with no structure of morals to police what we should and should not do. Hopefully as society becomes more accepting, and LGBT becomes more mainstream very slowly, the LGBT community will start to reflect broader society in terms of values. I don't use Grindr as I think its possibly the worst app out there for us.

As for news, I follow closely due to work and personal interest but I don't allow it to affect me personally. Maybe because I know that alot of the politics are just sandiwara, with self interest coming first. Maybe people don't dare to say it, but Malaysian politicians are alot more liberal on LGBT issues than what they let people believe. After all, the current PM candidates to succeed Tun M are not straight but no one dares to say it out openly.

Have you been for that group's gathering before? I'm usually quite apprehensive about joining such large high profile groups.

This post has been edited by Havoc Knightmare: Feb 18 2020, 11:51 AM
darkmusses
post Feb 18 2020, 02:14 PM

On my way
524 posts

Just realised not many able to explain and put in good word for the LGBT community. Keep up the good work smile.gif

Moreover most forumer here always have an illusion of grandeur or perception in their replies - see the way they respond on other topics when you browse through all of their comments

It's been awhile since I read proper comment; especially from Havoc Knightmare and internaldisputes. Appreciate for an elaborate and extensive view
TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 18 2020, 02:45 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(Havoc Knightmare @ Feb 18 2020, 11:47 AM)
Nice place, and all the folks that I've met from there are really nice and simple people. If only KL folks had that honesty and simplicity.

I think it's because the community has been kept underground all these years that we revert to our primal nature... a lawless community with no structure of morals to police what we should and should not do. Hopefully as society becomes more accepting, and LGBT becomes more mainstream very slowly, the LGBT community will start to reflect broader society in terms of values. I don't use Grindr as I think its possibly the worst app out there for us.

As for news, I follow closely due to work and personal interest but I don't allow it to affect me personally. Maybe because I know that alot of the politics are just sandiwara, with self interest coming first. Maybe people don't dare to say it, but Malaysian politicians are alot more liberal on LGBT issues than what they let people believe. After all, the current PM candidates to succeed Tun M are not straight but no one dares to say it out openly.

Have you been for that group's gathering before? I'm usually quite apprehensive about joining such large high profile groups.
Yeah, Taiping is pretty awesome. Maybe I will retire there one day. We'll see haha.

That's a good theory too! Good for you for not using Grindr. The only reason I'm there is to do some outreach work. I have to promise myself not to spend more than an hour a day on it otherwise I'd go insane.

I dream of the day when a politician would openly support LGBT—perhaps run as the first openly gay MP— however everyone knows that would be a political suicide. Those who did in the past like Zaid Ibrahim, are nobodies in the government. sweat.gif Oh I've heard rumours about Anwar and even Azmin from my friends but whether they are gay or not, it's kinda irrelevant because I doubt they gonna do anything to advance our cause anytime soon.

I haven't been to that meetup specifically. The gathering that I participate in mostly consists of Malay non-professionals so they are a lot to deal with haha. But I still love the people I meet there. Another gathering group is People Like Us Hangout (PLU). They actually won a Human Rights Award last year for their effort in community building. So there is no shortage of groups that a LGBT person can join, despite all the restrictions in place. I understand not wanting to participate in any of these though because they usually gonna ask to submit our personal details and not many want to do that because they are discreet.

This post has been edited by internaldisputes: Feb 18 2020, 02:56 PM
TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 18 2020, 02:54 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(darkmusses @ Feb 18 2020, 02:14 PM)
Just realised not many able to explain and put in good word for the LGBT community. Keep up the good work smile.gif

Moreover most forumer here always have an illusion of grandeur or perception in their replies - see the way they respond on other topics when you browse through all of their comments

It's been awhile since I read proper comment; especially from Havoc Knightmare and internaldisputes. Appreciate for an elaborate and extensive view
Aww thanks! Do check this thread every once in a while.

The internet is one of the area the government has not extensively regulate yet (unlike other media) so it's important for people like us to craft our own narratives and not be afraid to speak up now— at least that's what I think.
MerryGoRound^2
post Feb 18 2020, 02:58 PM

Getting Started
289 posts

Hi All,

Don't intend to butt in but here's my two cents. Your friend was probably psychologically scarred from his breakup with his girlfriend and that may have led him to perceiving that women are problematic individuals aren't worth dating or committing to a relationship to. This may not necessarily be the case but I have matched with certain guys on Tinder whose sole purpose was to "explore around" and when probed further, most of them have revealed having had problematic relationships with their present/past girlfriends that they sometimes consider dating members of the same sex.

Essentially, it is their way of saying "I want someone who gets me on their level". Some turn into romantic relationships, others border between flings and friendship.

That or what Giga had mentioned earlier, perhaps your friend was never fully straight to begin with and was merely suppressing his attraction to men. While I find scales that measure sexuality preposterous, I do think sexuality is fluid (along the lines of homo, hetero, bisexual and transgender please, not cisman, cisgender, lumbersexual, pansexual or whatever -sexual there is out there) and your friend might have experienced his first gay sex then and had never looked back since.
darkmusses
post Feb 18 2020, 03:01 PM

On my way
524 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Feb 18 2020, 02:54 PM)
Aww thanks! Do check this thread every once in a while.

The internet is one of the area the government has not extensively regulate yet (unlike other media) so it's important for people like us to craft our own narratives and not be afraid to speak up now— at least that's what I think.
When this thread is up, I always check it out to see if there is any discussion or update. Just worry there will be lots of drama especially in this circle which I always avoid.

Afterall, not many people post in this thread speak up or perhaps stil in closet .. Lol
ashangel39
post Feb 18 2020, 03:40 PM

43 posts

QUOTE(Havoc Knightmare @ Feb 18 2020, 11:47 AM)

I think it's a bit hard for our society to become more accepting especially with a certain group ruling the country. The religion card will always be played. No doubt that people are generally more accepting but I don't think we'll ever get to a point where we are not frown upon or be made to sound like a freaking disease in this country.

Politicians for sure can't be as liberal as they would want to be as they might lose support from those who are not as liberal as them. They of course would have to go with the most support that they can get or they might lose their seat.
Havoc Knightmare
post Feb 18 2020, 05:58 PM

Invictus
1,196 posts

QUOTE(darkmusses @ Feb 18 2020, 02:14 PM)

Thanks. I enjoy such discussion and this forum turns me off sometimes so it's quite a breath of fresh air to see this thread being steered in matured way.

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Feb 18 2020, 02:45 PM)
Yeah, Taiping is pretty awesome. Maybe I will retire there one day. We'll see haha.

That's a good theory too! Good for you for not using Grindr. The only reason I'm there is to do some outreach work. I have to promise myself not to spend more than an hour a day on it otherwise I'd go insane.

I dream of the day when a politician would openly support LGBT—perhaps run as the first openly gay MP— however everyone knows that would be a political suicide. Those who did in the past like Zaid Ibrahim, are nobodies in the government.  sweat.gif  Oh I've heard rumours about Anwar and even Azmin from my friends but whether they are gay or not, it's kinda irrelevant because I doubt they gonna do anything to advance our cause anytime soon.

I haven't been to that meetup specifically. The gathering that I participate in mostly consists of Malay non-professionals so they are a lot to deal with haha. But I still love the people I meet there. Another gathering group is People Like Us Hangout (PLU). They actually won a Human Rights Award last year for their effort in community building. So there is no shortage of groups that a LGBT person can join, despite all the restrictions in place. I understand not wanting to participate in any of these though because they usually gonna ask to submit our personal details and not many want to do that because they are discreet.
What sort of outreach work are you doing on Grindr? I find it hard to imagine doing anything productive there. Haha.

I'm OK with Anwar or Azmin not advancing our course, it's fine as long as they leave us alone. Like everyone here is saying, it's asking for too much to expect a LGBT friendly PM, so one that does not actively persecute us is good enough for me at least. The previous government had one obviously butch lesbian minister, so it seems that politically being gay is possible in supposedly conservative Malaysia. Even our neighbouring countries are not as 'progressive' as we are in that sense..

I am not particularly discreet since I am out to all my friends but I just feel uncomfortable being associated with an overtly LGBT group. I consider myself to be just a regular guy that happens to be gay, like I don't want to be part of a group to express my Chinese ethnicity, if that analogy makes sense. I just want to make friends and network.

QUOTE(ashangel39 @ Feb 18 2020, 03:40 PM)
I think it's a bit hard for our society to become more accepting especially with a certain group ruling the country. The religion card will always be played. No doubt that people are generally more accepting but I don't think we'll ever get to a point where we are not frown upon or be made to sound like a freaking disease in this country.

Politicians for sure can't be as liberal as they would want to be as they might lose support from those who are not as liberal as them. They of course would have to go with the most support that they can get or they might lose their seat.
I'm not disagreeing with you, just that looking at how rapidly Saudi Arabia liberalized in recent years gives me hope. It used to be that the conservatism here was spread from the Middle East. Now that they are going into reverse gear, hopefully that eases their influence here. Once people get accustomed to the idea that we are just normal people, it will help. I've come out to old school homophobic guys and took quite a lot of ignorant questions ("Why don't you try it with a girl to know for sure") but it got better with time.
yahiko
post Feb 18 2020, 11:24 PM

Regular
1,215 posts

Hi thanks for this thread.
I have lesbian friend that basically came out since secondary school. (Seems that lesbian have lesser hardship compare to gays).
And recently she got married in other countries. So my question. Does Malaysia LGBT get married with Adoption kind of things?

Just curious
TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 19 2020, 03:17 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(Havoc Knightmare @ Feb 18 2020, 05:58 PM)
What sort of outreach work are you doing on Grindr? I find it hard to imagine doing anything productive there. Haha.

I'm OK with Anwar or Azmin not advancing our course, it's fine as long as they leave us alone. Like everyone here is saying, it's asking for too much to expect a LGBT friendly PM, so one that does not actively persecute us is good enough for me at least. The previous government had one obviously butch lesbian minister, so it seems that politically being gay is possible in supposedly conservative Malaysia. Even our neighbouring countries are not as 'progressive' as we are in that sense..

I am not particularly discreet since I am out to all my friends but I just feel uncomfortable being associated with an overtly LGBT group. I consider myself to be just a regular guy that happens to be gay, like I don't want to be part of a group to express my Chinese ethnicity, if that analogy makes sense. I just want to make friends and network.
I have some friends who were funded by The Malaysian AIDS Foundation to carry out free HIV testing, peer-to-peer support and everything so I am on Grindr mainly to help them with their KPIs by spreading the word around. Plus maybe invite the people there to our frequent gatherings and hangout sessions. I'm not paid or anything haha... Just want to contribute something to the community as a form of charity I guess.

Oh I understand. I think all these groups—regardless of how they advertised themselves— have their own agenda to pressure the government to legalise or ease the challenges faced by LGBT. If someone is not concerned about that and enjoy the status quo, it's probably best to stay away from them.

I just thought every LGBT person needs at least another LGBT friend because we are in the middle of loneliness epidemic. Have you read this article before? The article really hit home for me. I remember getting tested for HIV and the doctor asked me if I have any emergency contact if the result turned out unfavourable and I had to tell the doctor I never thought about that. We ended up leaving the field empty.

QUOTE(yahiko @ Feb 18 2020, 11:24 PM)
Hi thanks for this thread.
I have lesbian friend that basically came out since secondary school. (Seems that lesbian have lesser hardship compare to gays).
And recently she got married in other countries. So my question. Does Malaysia LGBT get married with Adoption kind of things?

Just curious
Hi. You're welcome!

Nah, I'm sure lesbian have their own struggles especially when it comes to acceptance from their family. One thing they don't have to worry about is HIV because that mainly affects gay people.

Well same-sex marriage is definitely not recognised yet in Malaysia. And because of that adoption as a same-sex couple is impossible. But there are people like Sajat who managed to adopt a child. Not really sure how she applied. Last year she made several videos on social media pleading the authorities not to take her daughter away. No more updates after that.
darkmusses
post Feb 19 2020, 04:33 PM

On my way
524 posts

I wonder will there be a casual meet-up from active member here in the near future tongue.gif
TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 19 2020, 04:53 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(darkmusses @ Feb 19 2020, 04:33 PM)
I wonder will there be a casual meet-up from active member here in the near future tongue.gif
Haha I'm open for that possibility! But we need to establish some sort of screening first to avoid unknowingly inviting JAIS officer or something. sweat.gif
darkmusses
post Feb 19 2020, 05:20 PM

On my way
524 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Feb 19 2020, 04:53 PM)
Haha I'm open for that possibility! But we need to establish some sort of screening first to avoid unknowingly inviting JAIS officer or something. sweat.gif
Just a coffee or a tea session only .. I don't think JAIS is involve right shocking.gif
TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 20 2020, 12:31 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(darkmusses @ Feb 19 2020, 05:20 PM)
Just a coffee or a tea session only .. I don't think JAIS is involve right shocking.gif
Haha I don't know. People got arrested for simply waving pride flags before. So who knows what sort of rules they gonna come up with to justify our arrests.
darkmusses
post Feb 20 2020, 01:42 PM

On my way
524 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Feb 20 2020, 12:31 PM)
Haha I don't know. People got arrested for simply waving pride flags before. So who knows what sort of rules they gonna come up with to justify our arrests.
I expect smart casual and just coffee .. no extras required. This include rainbow flag, pin or any affiliate to avoid unnecessary "arrest"

TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 20 2020, 02:10 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(darkmusses @ Feb 20 2020, 01:42 PM)
I expect smart casual and just coffee .. no extras required. This include rainbow flag, pin or any affiliate to avoid unnecessary "arrest"
Haha sounds good. Once this thread becomes more active, maybe we will get back to organizing it.
lonestar2017
post Feb 20 2020, 10:34 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(Havoc Knightmare @ Feb 18 2020, 05:58 PM)
I am not particularly discreet since I am out to all my friends but I just feel uncomfortable being associated with an overtly LGBT group.
I can relate to this smile.gif
TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 23 2020, 09:55 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

user posted image

Today I learned Malaysia used to have pride before 1990's.
Raddus
post Feb 23 2020, 11:10 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

Now the gov might end up having PAS inside

I don't know how gay communication going to be feeling ok

Sure halau
mooneysuzuki
post Feb 23 2020, 11:12 PM

46 posts

You never heard of hermaphrodites huh? Welcome to the real world naive lil boy boy smile.gif
TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 24 2020, 08:39 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(Raddus @ Feb 23 2020, 11:10 PM)
Now the gov might end up having PAS inside

I don't know how gay communication going to be feeling ok

Sure halau
Yeah, I'm anxious. sad.gif Next few years gonna be tough.
leftycall9
post Feb 24 2020, 02:01 PM

On my way
508 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Feb 13 2020, 12:17 PM)
That's great. We've pm'ed back and forth before. He's a nice guy.  biggrin.gif
May I know when was the last time you contacted Teddysaur? Someone from this thread saying he already passed away in an accident. Just curious if it's true or not. Really hope he just trolling.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4910785/+20
TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 24 2020, 02:17 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(leftycall9 @ Feb 24 2020, 02:01 PM)
May I know when was the last time you contacted Teddysaur? Someone from this thread saying he already passed away in an accident. Just curious if it's true or not. Really hope he just trolling.

Our last conversation was last year on May. I noticed he's been gone for awhile too. Hope he is doing ok and the guy was just trolling. sad.gif
butterkijen
post Feb 25 2020, 03:29 AM

Getting Started
174 posts

QUOTE(leftycall9 @ Feb 24 2020, 02:01 PM)

The guy was not being serious
alpacino77
post Feb 25 2020, 09:27 AM

27 posts

QUOTE(mooneysuzuki @ Feb 23 2020, 11:12 PM)
You never heard of hermaphrodites huh? Welcome to the real world naive lil boy boy smile.gif
having two genitals doesnt make someone be having 2 genders. doh.gif doh.gif eventually the genital is chosen based on what that individual is more inclined 2. and the other genital is discarded. and plus, it is quite obvious to tell which gender the person actually belongs to as most of the times the organ is not perfect for both genitals.
mooneysuzuki
post Feb 25 2020, 09:51 AM

46 posts

QUOTE(alpacino77 @ Feb 25 2020, 09:27 AM)
having two genitals doesnt make someone be having 2 genders. doh.gif  doh.gif  eventually the genital is chosen based on what that individual is more inclined 2. and the other genital is discarded. and plus, it is quite obvious to tell which gender the person actually belongs to as most of the times the organ is not perfect for both genitals.
So you are saying a man can become a woman and vice versa based on their inclination despite being born with both genitals?
alpacino77
post Feb 25 2020, 10:32 AM

27 posts

QUOTE(mooneysuzuki @ Feb 25 2020, 09:51 AM)
So you are saying a man can become a woman and vice versa based on their inclination despite being born with both genitals?
bottom line, what i am trying to say is there are only 2 genders. male or female. so, even if ure born with 2 genitals, doesnt mean you are a special gender. there will be 1 gender that will be the most prominant. this is not the same as transgenders as they are born with a clear biological distinction.
The_Rock
post Feb 25 2020, 05:42 PM

Casual
317 posts

Achik1990 and Fabulous will join this chat room shortly
TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 26 2020, 08:59 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

Bedroom bill: Proposed ‘family resilience’ law would require LGBT people to report for ‘rehabilitation’
Source: https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2020/02...bilitation.html

user posted image

A draft bill on family resilience proposed by members of the House of Representatives defines homosexuality as sexual deviance and requires lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people to report to authorities for rehabilitation.

Article 85 of the draft bill, a copy of which was obtained by The Jakarta Post on Wednesday, stipulates that a state body responsible for “family resilience” would be required to handle “family crises due to sexual deviation” through spiritual guidance and social, psychological and medical rehabilitation.

Furthermore, the bill defines sexual deviations as “urges to achieve sexual satisfaction through unusual and unreasonable ways, which include sadism, masochism, incest and homosexuality.”

The bill defines homosexuality as a social identity problem in which someone loves others of the same sex.

“Families experiencing crises due to sexual deviation are required to report their members to agencies handling family resilience or rehabilitation institutions to undergo treatment,” Article 86 of the draft bill states.

The bill also requires adults experiencing “sexual deviation” to report to authorities or relevant rehabilitation centers, which would be established by a state body responsible for family resilience.

Article 50 of the draft bill requires the government and regional administrations to protect families from physical and non-physical threats.

The bill later enumerates what it considers non-physical threats, including “individualism, secularism, casual sex propaganda, as well as lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender [LGBT] propaganda.”

Gerindra Party lawmaker Sodik Mujahid, one of the bill’s proponents, said LGBT behavior should be reported for treatment because it would disrupt the future of the mankind.

“Let’s look at it more fundamentally. The practice of homosexuality for example – does it not disrupt the future of mankind on a family basis?” he said on Tuesday, as quoted by kompas.com.

Sodik added that the provision on rehabilitation for homosexuals was based on the values of state ideology Pancasila, which he said opposed homosexuality.

He also questioned criticism saying that the state should not issue legal regulations on private matters such as sexuality.

“I think Pancasila has a different measure of what constitutes private and national matters. Maybe in Western countries this is a private matter. However, it’s not private when it comes to Pancasila,” the Gerindra politician went on to say.

Sodik said all the items in the proposed bill aimed to provide protection and empowerment for families as the basic social unit. “Ethics, morals and behaviors start from families. That’s why we must strengthen families, including by protecting them from such things,” he said. (syk)

TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 26 2020, 09:02 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

A third of Poland has now been declared an ‘LGBT-free zone’, making intolerance official
Source: https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/02/25/third...ate-homophobia/

A third of Poland has declared itself to be an official “LGBT-free” zone as local municipalities sign a pledge adopting resolutions against “LGBT propaganda”.

Nearly 100 Polish municipal or local governments have now proclaimed themselves to be “free from LGBTI ideology”. Local authorities in these areas pledge to refrain from acts that encourage tolerance and must avoid providing financial assistance to NGOs working to promote equal rights.

An “Atlas of Hate” map created by activists reveals the extent of Poland that has signed up to this pledge – and it covers an area greater than the size of Hungary.

The area has continued to grow after the European Parliament passed a resolution that strongly condemned the concept of LGBT-free zones in December.

They called on Poland to “firmly condemn” LGBT+ discrimination and to revoke resolutions attacking LGBT+ rights, and instructed the European Commission to ensure that EU funds are not “being used for discriminatory purposes”.

This warning was ignored by the ruling party Law and Justice (PiS), who are largely responsible for driving the upswing anti-LGBT+ sentiment in Poland.

user posted image
“LGBT-free zone” stickers distributed by a Polish conservative newspaper, Gazeta Polska. (GPtygodnik/ Twitter)

Polish hate crime laws provide little deterrent as they do not cover sexuality or gender identity. Earlier this week, a husband and wife convicted of bringing three deadly homemade explosives to a Pride march in Lubin were sentenced to just one year in prison.
TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 26 2020, 05:29 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

Famous local band Bunkface premiered their song "Akhir Zaman" today with a little shoutout to LGBT.

1:04 — "LGBT, Boleh pergi mampus"
JeremyLord
post Feb 26 2020, 09:56 PM

Casual
307 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Feb 26 2020, 05:29 PM)

Famous local band Bunkface premiered their song "Akhir Zaman" today with a little shoutout to LGBT.

Bunkface memang ded long time ago
SUSNed_Fromthenorth
post Feb 26 2020, 10:46 PM

Tezos till you Bezos
640 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Feb 26 2020, 05:29 PM)

lol
"famous"
pot-8-O's
post Feb 26 2020, 10:47 PM

P O T A T O E S
574 posts

QUOTE(JeremyLord @ Feb 26 2020, 09:56 PM)
Punk is never ded.
TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 27 2020, 08:59 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(JeremyLord @ Feb 26 2020, 09:56 PM)
QUOTE(Ned_Fromthenorth @ Feb 26 2020, 10:46 PM)
lol
"famous"
QUOTE(pot-8-O's @ Feb 26 2020, 10:47 PM)
Punk is never ded.
It's kinda sad because I do genuinely like some of the songs. sad.gif Oh well..

Appreciate if you guys could help us out to purge these sorts contents by reporting to Youtube.

How to Report Hateful "Akhir Zaman" video

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by internaldisputes: Feb 27 2020, 09:00 AM
TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 27 2020, 09:04 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

World’s first Muslim Pride in London announces special guests
Source: https://www.gaytimes.co.uk/community/132932...special-guests/

user posted image

The world’s first Muslim Pride is taking place in London this year.

LGBTQ charity Imaan will mark its 20th anniversary of supporting lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and queer Muslims by hosting a festival in London on Saturday 11 April to celebrate what it means to be both queer and Muslim.

“The media has tried to control the narrative about Queer Islamic identities for too long, often thrusting us into a horrific culture war, as if Islam is the mortal enemy of queer identity,” explained Amrou Al-Kadhi.

“ImaanFest, Muslim Pride is the perfect counter-narrative, revelling in the joys of queer Muslim identities, and giving us the chance to make our own space.”

Blair Imani said: “LGBTQIA+ Muslims are as beautiful and naturally occurring as the rainbow that represents us. Allah’s love knows no bounds and we are loved too.”
SUSpalankon
post Feb 27 2020, 02:58 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

lets spread this in LGBT whatsapp group, twitter, telegram, and etc.

if we have enough reports, usually youtube will ban the video and stop monetization.

dont underestimate the power of report.
TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 29 2020, 04:44 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(palankon @ Feb 27 2020, 02:58 PM)
lets spread this in LGBT whatsapp group, twitter, telegram, and etc.

if we have enough reports, usually youtube will ban the video and stop monetization.

dont underestimate the power of report.
Yep. Did my part but honestly I don't think the video will be taken down. sad.gif

If it's any consolation, I don't think the song will ever be played in local radios or TVs. And that's good enough.
TSinternaldisputes
post Feb 29 2020, 04:50 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

user posted image
leftycall9
post Feb 29 2020, 05:18 PM

On my way
508 posts

QUOTE(butterkijen @ Feb 25 2020, 03:29 AM)
The guy was not being serious
Well I didn't know that joking about someone's death is perfectly ok even in Kopitiam. No matter how unpleasant Teddysaur is but is that really necessary to make post about his death?
butterkijen
post Feb 29 2020, 07:53 PM

Getting Started
174 posts

QUOTE(leftycall9 @ Feb 29 2020, 05:18 PM)
Well I didn't know that joking about someone's death is perfectly ok even in Kopitiam. No matter how unpleasant Teddysaur is but is that really necessary to make post about his death?
Man idk i was just telling you he was not being serious, it's not like it was me who said teddysaur is dead. Why are you getting mad at me lmao tf. I was literally just trying to let you know
SUSwhyareugey
post Feb 29 2020, 08:43 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Feb 27 2020, 08:59 AM)
It's kinda sad because I do genuinely like some of the songs.  sad.gif  Oh well..

Appreciate if you guys could help us out to purge these sorts contents by reporting to Youtube.

How to Report Hateful "Akhir Zaman" video

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
done lipoted.
Messiahword
post Feb 29 2020, 11:22 PM

38 posts

I am male and I starts to love long hair. But I only like girls. I love to see guys with long hair and when they transform their face to become almost 90% similar like woman I kind of amused and interested. What do you call that?
Princess_Alicia
post Mar 1 2020, 01:13 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(Messiahword @ Feb 29 2020, 11:22 PM)
I am male and I starts to love long hair. But I only like girls. I love to see guys with long hair and when they transform their face to become almost 90% similar like woman I kind of amused and interested. What do you call that?
You may face internal conflict. This is normal for most people. You can get help from any psychiatrist or counsellor. It may not be transgenderism, because transgender mostly has affection toward male (or the other way round for FTM).

J1g54w
post Mar 1 2020, 10:15 AM

Regular
1,142 posts

Are there male/female-role of gays? Or they can go both ways?

What do gays think of ah guas? Or what ah guas think of gays?

And is money mostly the reason why ah guas don't go all the way to a full sex change?

When a man is a bisexual, is he playing the male-role for both sides, or male-role when engaging a female, and female-role when engaging a male? Or any way will do?

Do lesbians become lesbians because of past trauma with men, hate men, or just genuinely love girls?

Are all tomboys lesbians?

Is it possible for an LGBT to become straight?

And last question:
How to identify a normal-looking person that he/she is LGBT? Is there a 'test' question or signal?

mushigen
post Mar 1 2020, 10:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,838 posts

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned about how being sissy and gay are related. Are sissy men most likely to be gay? I know not all gay men are sissy.

I know of A who is very sissy. He was caught by his room mate watching gay porn. So far, a few of his room mates in Sgp have moved out after staying with him for just a while.

B, my classmate from sec school. He is married to a woman, with a child now. I admit I was surprised to hear that.

C, yet another class mate. He remains single.

TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 1 2020, 12:33 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(Messiahword @ Feb 29 2020, 11:22 PM)
Are you turned on? I mean as a gay man, I admire beautiful, elegant women but I will never call myself straight.
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 1 2020, 04:08 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(J1g54w @ Mar 1 2020, 10:15 AM)
Are there male/female-role of gays? Or they can go both ways?

What do gays think of ah guas? Or what ah guas think of gays?

And is money mostly the reason why ah guas don't go all the way to a full sex change?

When a man is a bisexual, is he playing the male-role for both  sides, or male-role when engaging a female, and female-role when engaging a male? Or any way will do?

Do lesbians become lesbians because of past trauma with men, hate men, or just genuinely love girls?

And last question:
How to identify a normal-looking person that he/she is LGBT? Is there a 'test' question or signal?
Oh wow, you don't hold back, do you? sweat.gif I'll try my best to answer. biggrin.gif
  1. There's no male-female roles in gay relationships. In fact heteronormative concepts— like one partner needs to stay at home and another goes to work— are highly frowned upon by LGBT community. My partner and I split everything equally from bills, dishes, etc.
  2. Depends on person-to-person. People who are close-minded—straight or gay— would be disgusted by trans people but personally I've made several trans friends and they're the coolest people I've ever met.
  3. Again, there is no such thing as "male or female roles". But if you are talking about anal sex, then yeah— bottom bisexual men exist.
  4. Lesbians like most girls tend to have great relationships with their dads, at least. Ellen Degeneres is probably the most famous lesbian in the world right now. She has never dated any men and she doesn't resent them neither. Ellen's partner is the opposite of a tomboy, so the stereotype that tomboys are all lesbians is definitely not true.
  5. Electroshock conversion therapy, counselling and any methods to "convert" an LGBT into straight has all been proven to not work.
  6. Watch their eyes. If their eyes follow a hot person of the same sex, then they're LGBT.

This post has been edited by internaldisputes: Mar 1 2020, 04:09 PM
Vincy8925
post Mar 1 2020, 04:10 PM

Getting Started
211 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Feb 13 2020, 12:01 PM)
Since we have a lot of different groups here, I figured we should make one for LGBT too. Contrary to what our tourism minister has claimed, we do exist.

Just a little introduction about myself: You guys can call me Giga. I'm a 28 years old malay gay guy currently living in KL. Nice to meet you guys!

Feel free to use this thread to discuss LGBT issues in the country and beyond. Anyone with any questions about the LGBT community feel free to drop your questions here too. We will try to answer as best as we can.
Hi Giga! icon_idea.gif
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 1 2020, 04:12 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Mar 1 2020, 10:28 AM)
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned about how being sissy and gay are related. Are sissy men most likely to be gay? I know not all gay men are sissy.

I know of A who is very sissy. He was caught by his room mate watching gay porn. So far, a few of his room mates in Sgp have moved out after staying with him for just a while.

B, my classmate from sec school. He is married to a woman, with a child now. I admit I was surprised to hear that.

C, yet another class mate. He remains single.
There are a couple of famous local celebrities who are sissy like Chef Wan, Dato' Aliff Syukri and many others but they're all married.

Gender expression is not the same as sexual orientation.
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 1 2020, 04:13 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(Vincy8925 @ Mar 1 2020, 04:10 PM)
Hi Giga!  icon_idea.gif
Hi there! What's your name? smile.gif Happy weekend, btw. biggrin.gif
Messiahword
post Mar 1 2020, 04:26 PM

38 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Mar 1 2020, 12:33 PM)
Are you turned on? I mean as a gay man, I admire beautiful, elegant women but I will never call myself straight.
If the guy transform almost identical to look like a girl. Yes I'm turned on. Even deep down I know is a guy.
J1g54w
post Mar 1 2020, 04:36 PM

Regular
1,142 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Mar 1 2020, 04:08 PM)
Oh wow, you don't hold back, do you?  sweat.gif  I'll try my best to answer.  biggrin.gif

1. There's no male-female roles in gay relationships. In fact heteronormative concepts— like one partner needs to stay at home and another goes to work— are highly frowned upon by LGBT community. My partner and I split everything equally from bills, dishes, etc.

2. Depends on person-to-person. People who are close-minded—straight or gay— would be disgusted by trans people but personally I've made several trans friends and they're the coolest people I've ever met.

3. Again, there is no such thing as "male or female roles". But if you are talking about anal sex, then yeah— bottom bisexual men exist.

4. Lesbians like most girls tend to have great relationships with their dads, at least. Ellen Degeneres is probably the most famous lesbian in the world right now. She has never dated any men and she doesn't resent them neither. Ellen's partner is the opposite of a tomboy, so the stereotype that tomboys are all lesbians is definitely not true.

5. Electroshock conversion therapy, counselling and any methods to "convert" an LGBT into straight has all been proven to not work.

6. Watch their eyes. If their eyes follow a hot person of the same sex, then they're LGBT.

Thanks for the answers! But the last line... I do look at handsome men too, not because I like them, but I try to learn from their style and elegance. Am I gay? tongue.gif
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 1 2020, 05:11 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(Messiahword @ Mar 1 2020, 04:26 PM)
If the guy transform almost identical to look like a girl. Yes I'm turned on. Even deep down I know is a guy.
Oh I see. Well maybe you are straight, maybe you are not. It really doesn't matter because those are just labels in the end of the day. Being LGBT, it is tiring to explain my attraction to the same sex all the time. If only straight people have to do the same.

If you meet a guy who is as beautiful as you describe and he is attracted to you too, then go ahead and date him. Life is too short to worry about what other people think.

QUOTE(J1g54w @ Mar 1 2020, 04:36 PM)
Thanks for the answers! But the last line... I do look at handsome men too, not because I like them, but I try to learn from their style and elegance. Am I gay?  tongue.gif
Haha fair enough. I've been gay all my life and I still cannot identify who is gay and who is not though. Which is why everytime I see a hot guy, I open my Grindr to see if he is in there.
Princess_Alicia
post Mar 1 2020, 10:25 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(Messiahword @ Mar 1 2020, 04:26 PM)
You are straight man. To be a real transgender you have to pass several test. First you have to see counsellor, then proceed to psychologist, then psychiatrist, and lastly you will be referred to the endocrinologist. The hospital will give you a few paper test to evaluate your emotion and thinking. This of course including your sexual preference and desire. There will be a lot of blood test involved too; to check your chromosome, your active testosterone vs oestrogen, your liver and kidney function, etc. In conclusion, to be recognise as a true transgender, someone need to get a proper medical procedure, because many thinking that they are transgender but ended up regret and revert back. These group are probably caught in the fetishism.
BlueMuffin
post Mar 1 2020, 11:15 PM

Getting Started
105 posts

Hey good people!

I have a question and please do tell me if I'm being insensitive.
How does one love and express themseves with someones of the same sex while practice faith in Islam?

I have several acquaintances/ friends who are in the community, all from different races.
I couldn't bring myself to ask the question because I'm agraid they might take it the wrong way.

I understand that some might not practice the religion anymore, and that some choose to not express themselves but I always wondered how does one identify as being gay and muslim.

I did read online, but I can't seem to find any regarding the experiences of being gay and muslim in Malaysia.

TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 1 2020, 11:58 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(BlueMuffin @ Mar 1 2020, 11:15 PM)
Hey good people!

I have a question and please do tell me if I'm being insensitive.
How does one love and express themseves with someones of the same sex while practice faith in Islam?

I have several acquaintances/ friends who are in the community, all from different races.
I couldn't bring myself to ask the question because I'm agraid they might take it the wrong way.

I understand that some might not practice the religion anymore, and that some choose to not express themselves but I always wondered how does one identify as being gay and muslim.

I did read online, but I can't seem to find any regarding the experiences of being gay and muslim in Malaysia.
No, it's not insensitive. Don't worry. smile.gif

Well, I'm not practicing anymore but my boyfriend and some of my friends still do. They justify being a proud gay Muslim by saying that all Allah's creations are perfect. The fact that He made us LGBT is intentional and we should treat it as a blessing instead of a curse. Someone actually studied the religious texts pertaining homosexuality and while they do touch a little bit on sodomy, he summarized that they are mainly about lust instead of pure love between two human beings. Hence, none are applicable to punish gay people for being who they are.

Personally whenever someone tells me I'm doing something un-Islamic or "immoral" I just responded that I'm the one who has to answer for my sins in the afterlife.

This post has been edited by internaldisputes: Mar 1 2020, 11:58 PM
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 2 2020, 12:59 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

Now is NOT the Time for LGBT Malaysians to Give Zero Fucks
Source: https://www.queerlapis.com/harapan-zero-fucks/

user posted image

The euphoria that gripped Malaysia after the end of BN’s 62-year reign had dissipated in one single night, especially for LGBTQ communities. Our hope for change already started to chip away when our rights were violated even during Pakatan’s era. But now, with the possibility of BN returning along with PAS, the final nail in the coffin had been hammered, so to speak.

We spoke to Malaysians, both LGBTQ and allies, to locate some clarity in the midst of this political chaos.

Levels of fear

“The feeling of helplessness from being kept in the dark and at the mercy of our political overlords is not a pleasant feeling,” says Shawn K*, a local university student. He fears for the safety of his LGBTQ friends if far-right parties, BN and PAS take the reins and the backsliding of human rights worsens.

Under previous administrations, homophobia was a full-scale rampant campaign. Enter Mahathir’s administration (latest or second latest, depending on who’s counting) in the form of PH. He formed a brand new coalition which was “progressive” in namesake, but in actuality, it all but exploited LGBTQ Malaysians. They needed to appease the conservative bloc who wanted proof that the ‘LGBT-agenda’ was being contained after all.

Shawn K adds that the “lack of transparency and reliable information” transpiring in the last few days has shaken up the communities’ trust in the government and faith in democracy.

Another concerned Malaysian questioned whether the principles of pluralism are no longer a reality for the government. “I was angry, furious, and thought very briefly ‘perhaps it’s time to leave’,” says PL*, an account manager in the Klang Valley. “Then I realised, this is a democracy. Democracy is noisy, chaotic. If it were to work, we have to make it work.”

But what does “making it work” mean? LGBTQ people are not all the same. As we see so far, some of them are disappointed by their lack of voice in government while others fear for their very lives. The problem is that not everyone has the privilege or wealth to add to the statistics on ‘brain drain’; democracy is chaotic but so are our intersectional identities.

Despite these differences, many of the LGBTQ communities are standing their ground to defend their constitutional rights.

The targets are bigger (again)

LGBTQ communities are no strangers to cruel treatment, even under the PH administration. However, their plights have gone unnoticed by the majority of Malaysians. But now that non-Malays are beginning to get a taste of a government that seeks to make them minorities again, alarm bells ring. Ironically, their fears are revealing — they are afraid to get treated how LGBTQ have always been treated in the country.

Yet, a group LGBTQ folks still stand alongside their fellow citizens, out of love for their nation. On the night of 26 February, they gathered at Dataran Merdeka for a snap protest called #DemokrasiMati against the political elite and their “backdoor government”.

“We will see an emboldened jump in racism, fascism, classism and homophobia targeted at marginalised groups,” said Fadiah Nadwa Fikri, a human rights lawyer and ally. She was the most vocal orator at the rally, among a band of other young voices, mobilising a crowd feeling both betrayed and angered towards politicians who did not have their interests at heart.

On stage, she said, those “scheming and plotting with people that we voted for in the last election do not represent us”. When she says us, she means each and every group that faced discrimination, thrown in jail without due process, abused and tortured or, in worse cases, murdered. They are the Orang Asli, the poor, the Malaysian Indians, the Shi’a Muslims, the refugees, and the stateless and the displaced.

Fadiah drives home a point about erasing the importance of marginalised groups amidst the entire he-said-she-said chaos, including non-Malays and low-income communities throughout her speech. “Only people power can save us, [politicians] are not going to save us”, Fadiah continues in an impassioned tone.

Lex Ariff, a gay Sarawakian puts it succinctly, “Now is not the time to give zero fucks. This is the time to keep ourselves informed and those in power accountable.”

As the rakyat wait anxiously for news of a new government to arise from a palace they’ve never seen, they must know it’s not helpless, and that true political power lays in their hands. Even if those hands have endured hate and exclusion simply for the colour of their skin or who they love. This time, we stand as Malaysians.
darkmusses
post Mar 2 2020, 02:06 PM

On my way
524 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Mar 1 2020, 05:11 PM)
Haha fair enough. I've been gay all my life and I still cannot identify who is gay and who is not though. Which is why everytime I see a hot guy, I open my Grindr to see if he is in there.
Above you mentioned partner and you stil have Grindr app?
BlueMuffin
post Mar 2 2020, 06:29 PM

Getting Started
105 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Mar 2 2020, 12:58 AM)
No, it's not insensitive. Don't worry.  smile.gif 

Well, I'm not practicing anymore but my boyfriend and some of my friends still do. They justify being a proud gay Muslim by saying that all Allah's creations are perfect. The fact that He made us LGBT is intentional and we should treat it as a blessing instead of a curse. Someone actually studied the religious texts pertaining homosexuality and while they do touch a little bit on sodomy, he summarized that they are mainly about lust instead of pure love between two human beings. Hence, none are applicable to punish gay people for being who they are.

Personally whenever someone tells me I'm doing something un-Islamic or "immoral" I just responded that I'm the one who has to answer for my sins in the afterlife.
This is super insightful!
The lust vs love bit makes a lot of sense, thanks a lot man, this makes me feel better for my friends.
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 2 2020, 06:38 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(darkmusses @ Mar 2 2020, 02:06 PM)
Above you mentioned partner and you stil have Grindr app?
I treat Grindr as Facebook for homosexuals. My partner doesn't really mind me using it.

QUOTE(BlueMuffin @ Mar 2 2020, 06:29 PM)
This is super insightful!
The lust vs love bit makes a lot of sense, thanks a lot man, this makes me feel better for my friends.
Glad I clear that up for you! Cheers!
lonestar2017
post Mar 2 2020, 08:20 PM

28 posts

I'll try to answer this in my point of view as a lesbian.

QUOTE(J1g54w @ Mar 1 2020, 10:15 AM)
As for me, I tried dating men and I enjoyed my time spent with them but I am just not sexually attracted to them.

I don't think all tomboys are lesbians but perhaps most of them are.

I would think no and if a guy/girl goes back to being with the opposite sex, it means that they are bisexual or they have decided to be with the opposite sex due to society pressure.
itik_emas
post Mar 3 2020, 06:25 PM

24 posts

i dont have problem having gay friends but i always critise my gay cousin on his life direction,not necessarily on his sexuality. Do i have discrimination against gay people in general?
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 3 2020, 06:33 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(itik_emas @ Mar 3 2020, 06:25 PM)
i dont have problem having gay friends but i always critise my gay cousin on his life direction,not necessarily on his sexuality. Do i have discrimination against gay people in general?
What's up with your gay cousin?
itik_emas
post Mar 3 2020, 07:25 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Mar 3 2020, 05:33 PM)
What's up with your gay cousin?
more like blaming othes if misfortune happen to him.i think he is still fairly emotionally supported by his parents.but some reason life career and financiial matter doesnt really be kind to him. his brother also stopped supporting now.not because of his sexuality because we know he is always 'different'.his brother also complained his gay brother always boosted he is better cos he is more pragmatic than his non-gay brother.there any personality traits that is special for LGbt people? Sorry if i cant explain it more clearly to u😅
kento
post Mar 3 2020, 09:27 PM

The Ronin
640 posts

i wonder..just wanna ask, if not male or female, which toilet did u use?
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 4 2020, 09:43 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(itik_emas @ Mar 3 2020, 07:25 PM)
more like blaming othes if misfortune happen to him.i think he is still fairly emotionally supported by his parents.but some reason life career and financiial matter doesnt really be kind to him. his brother also stopped supporting now.not because of his sexuality because we know he is always 'different'.his brother also complained his gay brother always boosted he is better cos he is more pragmatic than his non-gay brother.there any personality traits that is special for LGbt people? Sorry if i cant explain it more clearly to u😅
There are a couple of unique personality traits that is quite common to LGBT people. But none can explain your brother's behavior... Having victim mentality is prevalent to everyone including straight people especially when facing such an unpredictable world right now. Maybe you guys can sit down and have a long chat to resolve/understand his issues.

QUOTE(kento @ Mar 3 2020, 09:27 PM)
i wonder..just wanna ask, if not male or female, which toilet did u use?
Whichever they gravitate more towards. I don't think trans people intend for other people at the toilet to feel uncomfortable. I think toilet access probably sits at the bottom of the list of things trans people are demanding anyway.

Unpopular opinion— we should just abolish men/women toilets and make them all unisex.
pot-8-O's
post Mar 4 2020, 10:38 AM

P O T A T O E S
574 posts

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4916890
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 4 2020, 10:43 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(pot-8-O's @ Mar 4 2020, 10:38 AM)
Yeah, that was random. Islam is about - Live and let live. Learning to accept and respect other’s right to exist and figure out the best way to co-exist.

I wonder if he's the one keep reporting this thread to the admins. sweat.gif
pot-8-O's
post Mar 4 2020, 10:48 AM

P O T A T O E S
574 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Mar 4 2020, 10:43 AM)
Yeah, that was random. Islam is about - Live and let live. Learning to accept and respect other’s right to exist and figure out the best way to co-exist.

I wonder if he's the one keep reporting this thread to the admins.  sweat.gif
You can only report a thread / post once.

Random indeed.
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 4 2020, 10:49 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(pot-8-O's @ Mar 4 2020, 10:48 AM)
You can only report a thread / post once.

Random indeed.
Oh, I didn't know that. Interesting.
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 4 2020, 12:38 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

Iran is forcing gay men to have gender transition surgeries to “make them straight”
Source: https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2020/03/iran-fo...-make-straight/

Iranian LGBTQ activist Shadi Amin has accused Iranian authorities of forcing thousands of gay men every year to undergo gender-affirming surgeries to switch their gender in an attempt to turn them into heterosexuals.

After receiving these surgeries under duress, the newly transitioned men and women are often rejected by their families and subject to social discrimination and violence.

Although Iranian law views homosexuality as an illness punishable by imprisonment, flogging, and death, it has permitted gender-affirming surgeries since the 1980s so that transgender people can enter heterosexual relationships. The country now conducts at least 4,000 such surgeries each year, possibly far more.

While the exact numbers are forced surgeries for gay and lesbian Iranians remains unclear, Amin says authorities force people to have these surgeries, subsidized by the government, under the threat of arrest, imprisonment, and possible death.

“The government believes that if you are a gay man your soul is that of a woman and you should change your body,” she said. “We think this is a way to fight the existence of homosexual people because you change their body and you solve the problem.”

She added that the country is trying to “cleanse” itself of homosexuals, stating, “[The government] would rather carry out mass surgeries than executions because they know the world is watching them.”

After completing the surgeries, Amin claims that the government offers no further social support for living as a newly transitioned person. As a result, such people are often rejected by their families, Amin says. Lacking familial and social support, many go into sex work and experience physical and sexual violence. This violence can go unpunished; Iran also has no hate crime laws punishing assault against queer individuals.

In the modern era, powerful Muslim clerics and politicians throughout Iran and the Middle East have used anti-LGBTQ sentiment, laws, public floggings, and executions to generate support among conservative citizens who consider queer identity a “decadent” western import. Despite their zealotry, the Quran contains no verses condemning homosexuality and classic Middle Eastern poetry even celebrated homosexual love.
leftycall9
post Mar 4 2020, 03:51 PM

On my way
508 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Mar 4 2020, 10:43 AM)

I wonder if he's the one keep reporting this thread to the admins.  sweat.gif
That thread has been deleted.
What was it about?
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 4 2020, 04:00 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(leftycall9 @ Mar 4 2020, 03:51 PM)
That thread has been deleted.
What was it about?
It was a thread demanding LGBT people to repent. sweat.gif
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 5 2020, 09:30 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

The International Olympic Committee will wait until after Tokyo 2020 to reveal new rules for trans athletes
Source: https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/03/04/tokyo...trans-athletes/

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has announced that it will wait until after the 2020 Tokyo Olympics to deliver new guidelines on transgender athletes.

The IOC is currently working on a consultation to develop a framework for transgender athletes that will protect inclusivity, safety and fairness in sport. This will be based on data and research from the scientific and human rights sectors.

It had hoped to finish the consultation ahead of this year’s Olympic Games, but decided to wait in order to avoid disrupting the qualifying events.

Speaking on Wednesday, the IOC‘s medical and scientific director, Richard Budgett, said that changing the policy so close to the event would not be “ethically or legally fair.”

He said the talks have been “a very difficult process, a very sensitive process, and there’s no easy answer,” adding: “Whatever is put in place will undoubtedly upset a lot of people… Somehow we have got to find a fair balance.”

At least three trans women will be competing at Tokyo 2020 amongst the 11,000 cis athletes, including BMX freestyle rider Chelsea Wolfe of the United States, Brazilian volleyball player Tifanny Abreu, and weightlifter Laurel Hubbard of New Zealand.

A consensus statement published in 2015 allowed trans women to compete in female categories under a series of conditions, which included the athlete publicly declaring that their gender identity is female, with the declaration unable to be changed for a minimum of four years.

These previous guidelines set a permitted level of testosterone level in serum at below 10 nanomoles per litre for one year.

“For us just to go and change the level of testosterone without getting the proper framework in place would be wrong,” Budgett said.

“We’re talking about so few out of 11,000 athletes … that actually it’s much better to get this right, or as right as we can, rather than rushing something out just before the games.”

Testosterone testing is a divisive issue

Around 98 per cent of women have under 2 nanomoles of testosterone, while for men the amount averages between 7.7 and 29 nanomoles. However, there are many natural variations and hormone levels change for both males and females as they age.

Intersex campaigners have noted that there is no scientific basis that female athletes born with variations of sex characteristics have any advantage over other female athletes.

Mandatory testosterone testing has been condemned by the UN Rights Council as an “unnecessary, humiliating and harmful,” and many academics question its inclusion in sport at all.

The case of Caster Semenya, a cis female athlete with naturally high testosterone levels, has brought this issue to the fore.

The 800-meter champion from South Africa is fighting a separate case in Switzerland to challenges track and field’s rules on naturally high testosterone in female runners with “differences in sex development.” She could get a ruling within weeks in an appeal case at the Swiss supreme court.

---

The world of sports spearheading inclusivity. Hopefully the rest of the world follows suit.

This post has been edited by internaldisputes: Mar 5 2020, 09:32 AM
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 6 2020, 11:18 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

Sam Bunkface Just Needs a Goddamn Hug
Source: https://www.queerlapis.com/sam-bunkface-jus...-a-goddamn-hug/
By Faris Saad

user posted image

Add the letters ‘LGBT’ to any Malay-language content, and you’re guaranteed clicks, likes, and comments. According to sources, LGBTs are folks to be made fun of, they aren’t real. They don’t have lives, and they definitely don’t love. At the end of the day, LGBT folks just kembali ke pangkal jalan, however fucked up that jalan may be.

That’s why I was hesitant at first to listen to Bunkface’s new song “Akhir Zaman”. It’s at best, an upbeat, radio-friendly tune that a 13-year old might like.

From the title itself, I knew it was going to be a preachy song about The End Times. As a person assigned Muslim at birth by virtue of race, who is also transgender, I’ve been sung to and preached at so many times about The End Times. I know the script by heart.

Apocalypse now, then, forever.

As I listened to the lyrics, I ran through my mental checklist for stereotypical The End Times song clichés.
  1. Preaching about the afterlife? Check.
  2. Out of context Quranic verses? Check.
  3. LGBT as a sign of The End Times? Sigh. Double-check.
There is nothing new about this song. It doesn’t offer a fresh perspective or new approach to the issue raised i.e preparation for Judgement Day.

What the song did achieve was highlight the large number of Muslim Malay Men in the music scene who believe that LGBT people should be punished and they are the ones entitled to carry out that punishment. Like mushrooms after a wet spell, these anti-LGBT comments sprouted all over social media after the song’s release.

The common justification for homophobia is to prevent armageddon. I don’t see the logic. LGBT folks have been around longer than Islam itself. Does that mean we’ve always been in The End Times and have never seen Normal Times?

I initially responded with troll comments and posts, but as I thought more and more about the person behind the song, the less angry I became. I regretted making fun of Bunkface. I also forgot that comments, regardless of content, adds to YouTube revenue. Damn.

The burden of the Malay Muslim Man

The majority of anti-LGBT comments on Bunkface’s posts come from a certain category of Malay Muslim Men. As they feel they have the right to tell people to go to hell, “righteous” is the best word to describe them.

From birth, these men have a huge burden to bear. As a Righteous Malay Muslim Man, you are expected to:
  1. Never cry, show that you are hurt, or any kind of emotion except anger.
  2. Never ask for help because that shows you are weak.
  3. Guide your family to heaven by any means possible, including telling your girlfriend she needs to wear the hijab when you are married and to stop having man friends, while you can keep texting that female colleague.
  4. Tell women how to dress because rape is their fault.
These men were raised as the “better” gender by parents who didn’t know any better. They were given privileges they did not work for. They were told that it is their duty to save others around them from going to hell. They were treated like kings by the women around them because they supposedly hold the key to heaven. The Righteous Malay Muslim Man is someone one aspires to be.

It is not the fault of these men — they were raised that way in an environment that encouraged it — but it is their fault if they choose to stay oblivious. Some Malay Muslim Men have broken free of this cycle, but they are a minority swimming against the current.

This upbringing and the toxic masculinity it inculcates, along with a newfound religious fervour can result in extremism, and we see guys like Sam heading that way. Evangelise!! Evangelise angrily!!

This form of masculinity is unhealthy, but many Malay Muslim Men refuse to acknowledge the fact. To acknowledge that is to accept that they do not deserve all the privileges that come with being a Malay Muslim Man, stripping them of the only identity they have ever known. This could be why they tend to be very defensive when called out for their toxic behaviour. This could also be why they hate trans women with a frightening zeal. Like, why would anyone willingly give up their privileges to be… a woman?

The pain behind the angst

To understand the song, I needed to understand Sam, the songwriter. I didn’t think my DM’s would be entertained, so I did some online research like a real groupie.

Here’s what I found out from the tabloids: In January 2019, Sam got divorced from his wife of four years. The news was only made public by his ex-wife months later.

I don’t know the story behind the divorce, but it must have been a struggle for everyone, including his little kid. Everything breaks down, and you have to learn to lead separate lives again, this time with a lot of emotional baggage.

In a video, he was asked by a gossip journalist why he waited so long to make the announcement. Another asked when he will remarry. I could sense he was uncomfortable but felt obligated to answer. It must be horrible to have the most painful parts of your private life on display for everyone’s entertainment and then have people ask you that as though you owed it to them.

Looking for god but finding hate instead

Sometimes, when people go through hard times, they turn to God. We’ve been told it would solve all our problems. The problem is the Quran has many verses that can easily be misunderstood or taken out of context.

Surah al-Asr (The Declining Day), from where Sam took the words and inspiration for the lyrics, “Demi masa, sila gunakan akal,” says, “By time, indeed Man is in a loss except for those who have believed and done righteous things and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience.” It just means, “Hey guys, let’s remind each other to be patient and do good things”. It does not justify condemning others to hell.

The other surah from which Sam took inspiration was al-Kafirun (The Disbelievers), “Engkau agamamu, aku agamaku.” The rest of the surah actually says that Muslims should be tolerant of others’ differences and beliefs. You do your thing, I’ll do mine and we’re cool.

Sometimes we forget that we need to read the Quran through a lens of compassion. We’re only human, after all. You won’t be judged by how many LGBT folks you’ve condemned to hell, but by how you’ve tried to make someone else’s life better. In this context, standing up for someone, straight or gay, will make you a better Muslim.

Sam must have found some solace in faith during this dark period in his life, but a holy book cannot offer you a shoulder to cry on, or the warmth and comfort of a hug. There is a lot of anger in “Akhir Zaman”, but maybe a lot of it comes from feeling helpless or lost and needing to blame it on something, anything.

We’re here for you, Sam

Since his divorce, he has moved into his dad’s home and shares custody of his kid with his ex-wife. He takes care of his dad, and sometimes it’s three generations of men hanging out in one house. It must be difficult sometimes, taking care of your dad and your kid on your own.

Sam, you don’t want your kid to grow up in an environment where hate is encouraged. You don’t want him to be unable to express when he is sad or in pain. You want him to love and be loved and unashamed of who he is.

That’s all I have to say about that song. After all that, I could be wrong. Sam could just be a jerk, but it feels nicer to assume he isn’t. Maybe he just needs a hug. (after he takes down that shitty song).

This post has been edited by internaldisputes: Mar 6 2020, 12:29 PM
Kebunsayur
post Mar 8 2020, 01:42 AM

38 posts

How to end a LGBT lonely live?

I am fat, not handsome, old and hot temper.

I am hiding and when ever my workplace people know I am gay. I have to change job. I am so tire of hiding.

superbike
post Mar 8 2020, 04:51 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

Hi there, i always identify myself as 100% straight guy and has always in a relationship with women and only had sex with women. Lately, there is an Indonesian guy who operates a food stall at a restaurant that i frequently go not far from my house in his mid 20s whom i find is quite cute (mind you this is the first time i find people my own gender cute). Sometimes i find myself stare at him a lot but it doesnt bother me at all unless i attracted to him sexually. However, everytime im intoxicated i find myself having dirty thoughts about doing it with him. For this reason, i ought to stay clean and sober up to today. The gay thought still persist though not as much as when im intoxicated. I still frequently go to the restaurant just to steal glare at him and buy my daily cigarette pack.

I am not sure if i suddenly turned bisexual (i still like women) after seeing him or i actually have a gay desire that is hidden in me that i unknowingly knew. I was actually homophobic, used to despise lgbts, especially gays a lot which i find disgusting but it turned out i was probably one.
Princess_Alicia
post Mar 8 2020, 09:15 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(superbike @ Mar 8 2020, 04:51 AM)
Hi there, i always identify myself as 100% straight guy and has always in a relationship with women and only had sex with women. Lately, there is an Indonesian guy who operates a food stall at a restaurant that i frequently go not far from my house in his mid 20s whom i find is quite cute (mind you this is the first time i find people my own gender cute). Sometimes i find myself stare at him a lot but it doesnt bother me at all unless i attracted to him sexually. However, everytime im intoxicated i find myself having dirty thoughts about doing it with him. For this reason, i ought to stay clean and sober up to today. The gay thought still persist though not as much as when im intoxicated. I still frequently go to the restaurant just to steal glare at him and buy my daily cigarette pack.

I am not sure if i suddenly turned bisexual (i still like women) after seeing him or i actually have a gay desire that is hidden in me that i unknowingly knew. I was actually homophobic, used to despise lgbts, especially gays a lot which i find disgusting but it turned out i was probably one.
That’s normal. I think everyone has a shade of LGBT in their mind. The question is whether you want to accept it or not. Of course most of us try as much as we can to wash it away because we are afraid of the society stigma. At the end of the day, just be yourself and accept yourself.
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 8 2020, 11:46 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(Kebunsayur @ Mar 8 2020, 01:42 AM)

I am hiding and when ever my workplace  people know I am gay. I have to change job. I am so  tire of hiding.
Sorry to hear that... It's a common problem amongst gay people I think. We are all obsessed with youth and afraid of getting older. But try not to worry too much about the future and try to live in the present. Maybe work out, meditate, get more friends and spend more time with your hobbies? Everyone deserves love and kindness and you deserve it too. Except you do need to push yourself a little bit.

Btw, how did your workplace find out you are gay before this?
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 8 2020, 05:38 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

SUSwhyareugey
post Mar 8 2020, 05:58 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

I am straight malay. But i support LGBT rights to happiness. And yes I helped report the videos on youtube. There are more copies sprung up after the main one being removed so we should continue to report all of them.

UserU
post Mar 8 2020, 06:19 PM

CSONLINE2.NET - FREE COUNTER-STRIKE
Group Icon
Elite
4,819 posts

I have an ex-colleague working in a Chinaman company. Still working there after more than 1 year without issues.

He's a pretty nice bloke that gets along well with other colleagues.

This post has been edited by UserU: Mar 8 2020, 06:20 PM
Lyu
post Mar 8 2020, 08:28 PM

Enthusiast
771 posts

QUOTE(Kebunsayur @ Mar 8 2020, 01:42 AM)

I am hiding and when ever my workplace  people know I am gay. I have to change job. I am so  tire of hiding.
how they know u gay?

whit3feather
post Mar 9 2020, 04:48 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(superbike @ Mar 8 2020, 04:51 AM)

Well they say sexuality is like a chart (check out Kinsey scale).
And it does change for some people!
I used to like girls when I was a kid but as I grew old I lost the interest (still like boobs though lol)
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 9 2020, 08:55 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(whyareugey @ Mar 8 2020, 05:58 PM)
I am straight malay. But i support LGBT rights to happiness. And yes I helped report the videos on youtube. There are more copies sprung up after the main one being removed so we should continue to report all of them.
Thanks bro. Totally appreciate that. blush.gif
SUSwhyareugey
post Mar 9 2020, 09:36 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(whit3feather @ Mar 9 2020, 04:48 AM)
Well they say sexuality is like a chart (check out Kinsey scale).
And it does change for some people!
I used to like girls when I was a kid but as I grew old I lost the interest (still like boobs though lol)
The problem often comes from people who always see things in black and white. It comes from the human minds' need to solve an issue.
Kebunsayur
post Mar 10 2020, 12:38 AM

38 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Mar 8 2020, 09:16 AM)
Sorry to hear that... It's a common problem amongst gay people I think. We are all obsessed with youth and afraid of getting older. But try not to worry too much about the future and try to live in the present. Maybe work out, meditate, get more friends and spend more time with your hobbies? Everyone deserves love and kindness and you deserve it too. Except you do need to push yourself a little bit.

Btw, how did your workplace find out you are gay before this?
I will answer in 2 section.

A

I have hard time getting none gay friends that don't judge me.

I try to look for gay friends ( for friendship not for sex ) but don't know how to start.

B

I am lady acting.

After work few years. Didn't bring girl friend during special gatheting and they will start talking my behind.

Slowly gossip become worst and it affect my work.

I gave up and changed workplace. Repeated again and again.
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 10 2020, 09:52 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(Kebunsayur @ Mar 10 2020, 12:38 AM)
I will answer in 2 section.

A

I have hard time getting none gay friends that don't judge me.

I try to look for gay friends ( for friendship not for sex ) but don't know how to start.

B

I am lady acting.

After work  few years.  Didn't bring girl friend during special gatheting and they will start  talking my behind.

Slowly gossip become worst and it affect my work.

I gave up and  changed workplace. Repeated again and again.
PM'd you. smile.gif
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 10 2020, 09:56 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

Bekas mufti wilayah dilantik menteri agama, CEO CIMB jadi menteri kewangan
Source: https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/513920

Barisan kabinet baru yang diumumkan Perdana Menteri Muhyiddin Yassin hari ini menampilkan dua individu bukan ahli politik yang akan dilantik sebagai senator bagi memegang jawatan menteri kanan.

Bekas mufti wilayah persekutuan, Dr Zulkifli Mohamad Al-Bakri pula dilantik sebagai Menteri di Jabatan Perdana Menteri yang akan menguruskan hal ehwal agama.

Zulkifli akan dibantu oleh Ahli Parlimen Pengkalan Chepa Ahmad Marzuk Shaary dari PAS sebagai timbalan.

Zulkifli, 51, telah berkhidmat sebagai mufti Wilayah Persekutuan sejak 2014 dan dilihat sebagai tokoh agama yang moderat.

-----

He has spoken against LGBT in the past like the Sajat issue so the "moderate" label is very misleading. But we will wait and see.
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 10 2020, 02:42 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

The Most Creative Rainbow Placards We Spotted at #WomensMarchMY!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

...and many more!
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 11 2020, 08:51 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

boutinchanel P
post Mar 11 2020, 02:52 PM

Probation
1 posts

I am single now but not looking for any serious relationship atm. I met some one online and told her that I'm not looking forward to get into any relationship, during the chat i also not being flirty. but when we meet up (about once a week), she will hold my hand and will kiss me. I accepted the kiss but don't have any further sexual urge towards her but I can tell she wants more from me. Sometimes i think about it, I think I'm still not ready to start any relationship. This progress between us been happened around 1 month plus.

Question : Is that normal that I feeling / behaving such a way?
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 11 2020, 03:16 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(boutinchanel @ Mar 11 2020, 02:52 PM)
I am single now but not looking for any serious relationship atm. I met some one online and told her that I'm not looking forward to get into any relationship, during the chat i also not being flirty. but when we meet up (about once a week), she will hold my hand and will kiss me. I accepted the kiss but don't have any further sexual urge towards her but I can tell she wants more from me. Sometimes i think about it, I think I'm still not ready to start any relationship. This progress between us been happened around 1 month plus.

Question : Is that normal that I feeling / behaving such a way?
I've done the same when I met my current boyfriend because I was afraid of commitments and I don't know how does a gay couple supposed to work. But after discussing in length with him about our expectations and everything, I decided to take a leap of faith and declare him my boyfriend.

I think in your situation it is perfectly normal but you have to be honest with yourself why you don't want to start a relationship now?
darkmusses
post Mar 11 2020, 04:10 PM

On my way
524 posts

Any cat person here ?
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 12 2020, 09:16 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

Kelantan, Terengganu di landasan terbaik laksana hudud
Source: https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/514286

user posted image

Jalan bagi perlaksanaan Kanun Jenayah Syariah II 1993 (pindaan 2015) atau hudud sebagaimana yang diluluskan Dewan Undangan Negeri (DUN) Kelantan pada 18 Mac 2015 dan Enakmen Kesalahan Jenayah Syariah (Hudud Dan Qisas) Terengganu 2002 kini terbentang luas kata seorang peguam.

Pengerusi Pertubuhan Pengamal Undang-undang dan Hak Asasi Manusia (Proguam) Kelantan, Hisham Fauzi, peluang untuk pelaksanaan dua enakmen itu tidak lagi berdepan halangan kerana kerajaan persekutuan kini dikuasa Perikatan Nasional (PN) dengan PAS menjadi sebahagian daripadanya.

Kata Hisham, Kelantan dan Terengganu juga kini tidak lagi menjadi negeri pembangkang seperti sebelum ini.

"Kerajaan PAS di Kelantan dan Terengganu mempunyai wakil yang berkuasa di peringkat pusat, iaitu Menteri di Jabatan Perdana Menteri, Takiyuddin Hassan, dan Timbalan Menteri Jabatan Perdana Menteri Ahmad Marzuk Shaary.

"Untuk melaksanakan enakmen hudud ini, kerajaan Malaysia hanya perlu kemukakan usul pindaan kepada Akta Mahkamah Syariah (Bidang Kuasa Jenayah) 1965 (Akta 355) di mahkamah untuk meningkatkan bidang kuasa mahkamah syariah daripada hukuman maksimum tiga tahun penjara, RM5,000 denda dan enam kali sebatan kepada tahap yang membolehkan hudud dilaksanakan.

"Kuasa untuk menyusun aturan urusan dewan adalah tertakluk kepada Yang di-Pertua Dewan Rakyat, tetapi menteri yang bertanggungjawab ke atas parlimen mempunyai legitimasi untuk memastikan bahawa usul meminda Akta 355 boleh dibawa dan menjadi keutamaan dalam senarai aturan urusan mesyuarat Dewan Rakyat," katanya dalam kenyataan kepada Malaysiakini di Kota Bharu, hari ini.

Semalam Malaysiakini melaporkan Naib Presiden PAS, Mohd Amar Abdullah, beranggapan masih terlalu awal untuk perbincangan mengenai perkara itu dilakukan dan pada masa sama kerajaan persekutuan perlu memberi keutamaan kepada perkara asas dalam pentadbiran terlebih dahulu.

Takkan tak boleh setuju

Sementara iti Hisham berkata, beliau antara individu yang terlibat sejak awal dalam proses penggubalan Kanun Jenayah Syariah II 1993 (pindaan 2005).

"Kemudiannya saya juga terlibat berunding dengan kerajaan pusat ketika itu di bawah BN.

"Perkembangan sekarang adalah amat kondusif bagi perlaksanaan hudud di Malaysia dalam masa terdekat ini. Sekaranglah masanya.

"Malah bagi negeri-negeri yang belum ada enakmen hudud di semenanjung, Sabah dan Sarawak, inilah masanya untuk DUN negeri berkenaan tersebut segera menggubal enakmen berkenaan," ujarnya.

Tambah Pengarah Undang-undang PH Kelantan itu, sebagai langkah pengukuhan tambahan, menteri bertanggungjawab boleh membawa usul pindaan kepada Jadual 9 Perlembagaan Malaysia agar tiada lagi sebarang pertikaian mengenai keabsahan Kanun Jenayah Syariah II 1993 (pindaan 2015) dan Enakmen Kesalahan Jenayah Syariah (Hudud Dan Qisas) Terengganu 2002 itu.

"Ini untuk menyelesaikan dakwaan bahawa enakmen tersebut adalah melanggar Jadual 9 Perlembagaan Persekutuan.

"Ia juga demi memberi jalan seluas-luasnya ke arah pelaksanaan enakmen hudud tersebut.

"Selain itu, dengan sistem whip yang diamalkan di Malaysia, sokongan keseluruhan ahli parlimen daripada PN akan dapat digemblengkan bagi menjayakan usaha yang sekian lama diidam-idam oleh PAS.

"Takkanlah ada ahli parlimen PN tak boleh bersetuju dengan usul daripada menteri PN sendiri, mereka perlu buktikan kesepaduan kerjasama," kata Hisham.

TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 13 2020, 03:12 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

LGBTQ people are more vulnerable to coronavirus for three reasons
Source: https://www.gaytimes.co.uk/community/133402...-three-reasons/

user posted image

LGBTQ people are more vulnerable to coronavirus for three reasons.

On 11 March, more than 100 LGBTQ organisations released a joint open letter to healthcare providers and mainstream media outlets to make them aware that queer people are at greater risk of contracting the coronavirus.

Dr. Scout, Deputy Director for the National LGBT Cancer Network, states: “As the spread of the novel coronavirus a.k.a. COVID-19 increases, many LGBTQ+ people are understandably concerned about how this virus may affect us and our communities.

“The undersigned want to remind all parties handling COVID-19 surveillance, response, treatment, and media coverage that LGBTQ+ communities are among those who are particularly vulnerable to the negative health effects of this virus.”

The letter continues to say that LGBTQ people are vulnerable because of three specific factors.

“The LGBTQ+ population uses tobacco at rates that are 50 percent higher than the general population,” it states. “COVID-19 is a respiratory illness that has proven particularly harmful to smokers.”

LGBTQ people are also at risk because our community has higher rates of HIV and cancer, “which means a greater number of us may have compromised immune systems, leaving us more vulnerable to COVID-19 infections.”

The third and final factor in LGBTQ people being more vulnerable is because we “continue to experience discrimination, unwelcoming attitudes, and lack of understanding from providers and staff in many health care settings.

“As a result, many are reluctant to seek medical care except in situations that feel urgent – and perhaps not even then.”

The letter continued to urge those involved with the virus to “ensure that our LGBTQ+ communities are adequately served during this outbreak” and for queer individuals to seek medical attention if they are experiencing a fever or a cough.

The coronavirus outbreak was labelled a pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO) earlier this week.

WHO chief Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus revealed that the number of cases of the coronavirus outside China had increased 13-fold in two weeks, and said he was “deeply concerned” by “alarming levels of inaction”.

Boris Johnson, UK Prime Minster, said it has been “the worst public health crisis for a generation” and that cases will “rise sharply”, and further warned that “many more families are going to lose loved ones before their time.”

---

Stay safe everyone!
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 18 2020, 09:12 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

These 4 Women Survived Abuse, Homophobia & Sexism to Become Mothers of Dragons
Source: https://www.queerlapis.com/malaysias-mothers-of-dragons/

Lawyer Asiah Abd Jalil, investigative filmmaker Mahi Ramakrishnan, PR consultant Nadia Gideon and writer Bernice Chauly make up the fearsome four who have each battled against their fair share of injustices, including dometic abuse, intimidation from authorities, as well as homophobia and sexism from family members.

The women then went on to work with marginalised communities in many different intersections, and LGBTQ issues were a prominent topic in the video. Nadia, who is a queer activist and a mother of two children, spoke on her work:

“I believe in myself, and I know I’m not wrong. Loving someone is not wrong. I just go ahead and do what I need to do. We press on. We got no time to listen to anybody to tell us to keep quiet. We can’t keep quiet anymore! We need to support each other and be proud of each other.”

Asiah, an outspoken critic on how Syariah law is unjust to women, provides a Muslim-perspective to LGBTQ rights:

“Even if you want to impose on personal matters like religion, god… you have to respect people as human beings first.”

This post has been edited by internaldisputes: Mar 18 2020, 09:14 AM
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 20 2020, 02:18 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

Polish actor come out on his 100th birthday
Source: https://www.gaytimes.co.uk/community/133570...100th-birthday/

It’s never too late to be yourself.

Witold Sadowy has come out as gay.

The star, who has been a renowned theatre actor and journalist in Poland since the 1940s, came out to his country in a celebratory interview about his life and career to mark his milestone 100th birthday.

Speaking to KVP Kultura, Sadowy revealed: “For me the most important thing is the survival of the truth. I am proud that I am an honest man. I didn’t get married, and I didn’t have children, something I really regret.”

He continued: “But I was born different. I’m gay. Now I have said everything, as in confession.”

Sadowy, who was born in 1920 and made his debut on stage in 1945 at The Dramatic Theatre in Warsaw, has always been secretive about his private life. This is the first time he has discussed his sexuality.

His coming out arrives shortly after Poland was hit a wave of homophobia from politicians as the conservative ruling party sought re-election. A third of the country was later declared an ‘LGBT-free zone.’

The European Commission condemned the ‘LGBT-free zone’ for breaching the fundamental values of the European Union.

“The Commission position is clear,” said a spokesperson for the EU.

“We strongly condemn any form of discrimination, or violence on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity, which go against the fundamental values of the EU and the Charter of Fundamental Rights.”
skyblue8
post Mar 20 2020, 07:15 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

Hi all,

Thanks to Giga for starting this forum here ❤️
I just found this today haha

My name is Derek. Happy to contribute to this forum!

I have a bf of 13 years and I'm out to my family. Feel free to ask any questions!

TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 20 2020, 07:56 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(skyblue8 @ Mar 20 2020, 07:15 PM)
Hi all,

Thanks to Giga for starting this forum here ❤️
I just found this today haha

My name is Derek. Happy to contribute to this forum!

I have a bf of 13 years and I'm out to my family. Feel free to ask any questions!
Hi Derek! icon_rolleyes.gif You guys have been together for so long! I assume you guys live together? How are you guys holding up during this MCO?

TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 23 2020, 08:58 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

Nearly 100 Pride events have been cancelled due to coronavirus pandemic
Source: https://www.gaytimes.co.uk/community/133589...virus-pandemic/

user posted image

The rapid escalation of the coronavirus pandemic has led to the cancellation of nearly 100 Pride events around the world.

This week, the European Pride Organisers Association and InterPride will hold the first meeting of the COVID19 / Pride International Coordination Group, which will consider the impact of the coronavirus on the LGBTQ movement.

The meeting will be attended by representatives from EPOA, InterPride, US Association of Pride Organisers, CSD Deutschland, UK Pride Organisers Network, Fierté Canada Pride and representatives from Africa, Oceania and Latin America.

Kristine Garina, president of the EPOA, said in a statement: “Prides cancelling or postponing because of COVID19 has reached 100, and it’s very clear that this pandemic is going to have a huge impact on our movement.

“Right now we must all be focusing first on our own wellbeing and the welfare of those around us, but we are passionate about Pride and we will work together, and do all we can, to help Pride organisers get through this.”

Garina went on to assure that Pride celebrations will continue to “change many more lives in the future.”

Social distancing and staying inside has been advised by government and health officials to help fight the spread of the global pandemic, which has spread across the world and taken the lives of 10,000 people (as of writing).

There are over 250,000 confirmed cases worldwide, and so far, 89,000 people have recovered.

It is also encouraged that we wash our hands frequently, avoid touching our eyes, nose and mouth, and practice respiratory hygiene by covering our mouth and nose with our bent elbow or tissue when we cough or sneeze.

If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, it is vital that you seek medical care.

For more information, check out the World Health Organisation’s guidelines on the coronavirus pandemic here.
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 23 2020, 09:09 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

Gay Indonesian YouTuber hits out at country’s proposed anti-gay laws
Source: https://www.gaytimes.co.uk/community/133615...-anti-gay-laws/

user posted image

Acep Gates, a gay Indonesian YouTuber who uses his platform to speak about being gay and living with HIV, has hit out at a proposed anti-LGBTQ law in the country.

The bill, known as the Family Resilience bill, aims to ban surrogacy and send all LGBTQ people to rehabilitation centres for ‘treatment.’

It wants all people suffering from what it defines as a ‘sexual deviation’ including homosexuality, incest and sadomasochism to be sent to state-run rehabilitation centres.

The bill has been put down as a legislative priority for the parliament sitting from 2020-2024, although it has not yet been discussed with government ministries.

Speaking to Reuters, the YouTuber said: “Homosexuality is not sexual deviation. This law will cause more stigma, bullying and persecution against LGBT+ people. I’m worried that more LGBT+ people will be forced to undergo conversion therapy and depression will go up.”

Acep Gates also said that the proposed bill would hamper Indonesia’s fight to end an AIDs epidemic by 2030. Recalling his own experiences of being treated, he said: “The doctor told me ‘people like you shouldn’t exist in Indonesia’.

“For many gay people, they are nervous even before they go to the clinics. This is why we shouldn’t have bizarre laws targeting LGBT+ people that would make the prejudice worse.”

Last year, Indonesia was nearly successful in banning homosexuality, as it planned to criminalise sex outside of marriage, and same-sex marriage is not legal there. However, the voting on the bill was postponed following pressure from human rights groups and Australia.

Riska Carolina, the head of the legal division for LGBTQ group Arus Pelangi, said the group would fight to remove parts of the law that have “the potential for gross human rights violation, especially against the LGBT community.”

She added: “Regardless of the morality of the majority, the minority has the right to live as citizens in this country and we just want to live quietly.”

TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 24 2020, 09:48 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

LGBT+ ER nurse begs gay men to stop going out and hooking up
Source: https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/lgbt-er...and-hooking-up/

user posted image

An LGBT+ ER nurse has begged gay men to stop going out and bragging about it on social media and said they should protect themselves and others from coronavirus.

While many around the world are following government advice to stay at home and avoid unnecessary socialising, others are ignoring the rules.

If they catch COVID-19 they may get seriously sick themselves – even young people are ending up in hospital. But even more importantly, they will inevitably spread the coronavirus to more people who may be vulnerable and could die.

Meanwhile, others responded to the ER nurse, saying people are still hooking up on apps like Grindr and having sex parties. Because people during sex swap saliva, semen and sweat, it is high risk for passing on coronavirus.

Moreover, doctors and nurses in Italy have urged the world to shut down now. They say that if people don’t act, the virus will overtake them. In the north of Italy, COVID-19 has overwhelmed a sophisticated health system with hospitals struggling to care for those who need treatment.

The Emergency Room nurse posted the message on an LGBT+ Reddit board.

They said they have ‘worked countless hours trying to protect myself and others and treat patients’. And they said they only had ‘limited’ personal protective equipment.

They added: ‘And seeing posts saying things about how fun the weekend was or how great it was to go out after a depressing week of news makes me sick.

---

Please "puasa" for the next few weeks guys and stay safe!
happy_berry
post Mar 24 2020, 12:59 PM

kita sudah menang
2,444 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Feb 13 2020, 12:01 PM)
Since we have a lot of different groups here, I figured we should make one for LGBT too. Contrary to what our tourism minister has claimed, we do exist.

Hey Giga, thank you for opening yourself up here and spreading the LGBT awareness. biggrin.gif

Out of sheer curiosity, moving forward, do you have any long term relationship goals with your partner? Like in terms of moving of out the country, getting married, adopting, surrogacy, etc etc. I know Malaysia is far far from addressing the lgbt rights, so Im curious as to how you manage your expectations while still trying to live a relatively fulfilled life?
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 24 2020, 01:53 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(happy_berry @ Mar 24 2020, 12:59 PM)
Hey Giga, thank you for opening yourself up here and spreading the LGBT awareness. biggrin.gif

Out of sheer curiosity, moving forward, do you have any long term relationship goals with your partner? Like in terms of moving of out the country, getting married, adopting, surrogacy, etc etc. I know Malaysia is far far from addressing the lgbt rights, so Im curious as to how you manage your expectations while still trying to live a relatively fulfilled life?
Hey there! icon_rolleyes.gif

Thankfully, we are pretty independent and while the country laws are far from perfect, I think we are doing pretty okay. So no reason to migrate to a different country... Moving out in general is a pretty stressful itself, hence I really hope that I won't have to make that decision one day due to active persecution. As for surrogacy, adoption or marriage, my partner and I haven't really discussed those in-depth yet but personally I think those are heteronormative and we don't need to follow them. Maybe we will end up adopting a pet one day or something. To me that is just an added bonus. I feel my life is already complete.
SUSMondello
post Mar 24 2020, 11:33 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

Where do u guys hang around most of the time??

U guys gt special apps or forum or netwrking apps to get every1 together?? How and where do you guus find ur partner?
azlanys1
post Mar 25 2020, 07:04 AM

Getting Started
56 posts

Found this about Malay ghey meet up and also previouly watch ntv7 about kegiatan ghey in Kl

Hari tu aku ada jumpa sorang budak dari Grindr. Lepak lepak dekat mamak dan borak pasal hal kerja. Lepas tu open topik pasal gay gay kat Malaysia ni. Dia bagi tau yang ada port gay di tasik kelana jaya. Aku pernah dengar orang cakap pasal benda ni tapi aku tak pernah tengok. Setau aku, dekat tasik permaisuri cheras tu memang port gay malam malam untuk cari mangsa. So dalam pukul 1pagi tu dia ajak aku pergi tengok dekat tasik kelana jaya. Aku pon since tak ada buat apa, aku follow je. Lagipon kawan aku ni besar sikit. At least kalau ada apa apa ke, dia boleh backup aku. Takut kena tarik je.

Kitaorang sampai dalam pukul 1.15am dekat tasik tu. Aku tak pasti hari tu hari apa. Maybe weekend kot.So pergi sana aku dengan dia jalan macam biasa je. Time tu aku nampak la ada dua tiga orang tengah berjalan sorang sorang. Lepas tu member aku suruh aku tengok sebelah kanan aku yang ada kerusi. Dia kata "ko nampak tak mamat tengah duduk kat situ? Tu tengah blowjob la tu." 
Agak culture shock juga la kan sebab buat dekat public. Then kitaorang jalan dekat tempat yang lagi gelap, tak ada lampu. Akan nampak la ada mamat jalan sorang sorang. Semua tengah cari mangsa. 

Since Covid19 issues now dont know they still meet up there.
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 25 2020, 09:17 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(Mondello @ Mar 24 2020, 11:33 PM)
Where do u guys hang around most of the time??

U guys gt special apps or forum or netwrking apps to get every1 together?? How and where do you guus find ur partner?
Most guys I know love to hang out at gay bars or gay saunas. KL is pretty wild when it comes to those things.

Grindr is a very famous app for gay guys. It dipped a little in popularity recently because a Chinese businessman bought it and people are worried about their personal data but it is still pretty popular. Some guy I befriended there introduced me to a gay gathering in KL last year and that's how I was able to network and meet my boyfriend.

QUOTE(azlanys1 @ Mar 25 2020, 07:04 AM)
Found this about Malay ghey meet up and also previouly watch ntv7 about kegiatan ghey in Kl

Hari tu aku ada jumpa sorang budak dari Grindr. Lepak lepak dekat mamak dan borak pasal hal kerja. Lepas tu open topik pasal gay gay kat Malaysia ni. Dia bagi tau yang ada port gay di tasik kelana jaya. Aku pernah dengar orang cakap pasal benda ni tapi aku tak pernah tengok. Setau aku, dekat tasik permaisuri cheras tu memang port gay malam malam untuk cari mangsa. So dalam pukul 1pagi tu dia ajak aku pergi tengok dekat tasik kelana jaya. Aku pon since tak ada buat apa, aku follow je. Lagipon kawan aku ni besar sikit. At least kalau ada apa apa ke, dia boleh backup aku. Takut kena tarik je.

Kitaorang sampai dalam pukul 1.15am dekat tasik tu. Aku tak pasti hari tu hari apa. Maybe weekend kot.So pergi sana aku dengan dia jalan macam biasa je. Time tu aku nampak la ada dua tiga orang tengah berjalan sorang sorang. Lepas tu member aku suruh aku tengok sebelah kanan aku yang ada kerusi. Dia kata "ko nampak tak mamat tengah duduk kat situ? Tu tengah blowjob la tu." 
Agak culture shock juga la kan sebab buat dekat public. Then kitaorang jalan dekat tempat yang lagi gelap, tak ada lampu. Akan nampak la ada mamat jalan sorang sorang. Semua tengah cari mangsa. 

Tasik Kelana Jaya memang port yang terkenal untuk cruising sebab dia ada banyak tempat2 tersorok untuk ajak main. Dulu2 masa takde dating apps ni semua gegays kena berjalan2 kat tasik/tandas awam/lain2 tempat untuk cari pasangan seks. Sekarang ni mungkin pak cik-pak cik je kot yang buat macam tu. Old habits die hard.

This post has been edited by internaldisputes: Mar 27 2020, 04:28 PM
SUSMondello
post Mar 25 2020, 09:25 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Mar 25 2020, 09:17 AM)
Most guys I know love to hang out at gay bars or gay saunas. KL is pretty wild when it comes to those things.

Grindr is a very famous app for gay guys. It dipped a little in popularity recently because a Chinese businessman bought it and people are worried about their personal data but it is still pretty popular. Some guy I befriended there introduced me to a gay gathering in KL last year and that's how I was able to network and meet my boyfriend.
Tasik Kelana Jaya memang port yang terkenal untuk cruising sebab dia ada banyak tempat2 tersorok untuk ajak main. Dulu2 masa takde dating apps ni semua kitorang gegays ni kena berjalan2 kat tasik/tandas awam/lain2 tempat untuk cari pasangan seks. Sekarang ni mungkin pak cik-pak cik je kot yang buat macam tu. Old habits die hard.
which bar or saunas in KL bro ???
Pipopipo
post Mar 25 2020, 09:27 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

Did your family know about u and ur bf??
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 25 2020, 09:35 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(Mondello @ Mar 25 2020, 09:25 AM)
which bar or saunas in KL bro ???
They are not really my scene but for bars the famous one is called Blue Boy and for saunas that would Otot-Otot.

QUOTE(Pipopipo @ Mar 25 2020, 09:27 AM)
Did your family know about u and ur bf??
My mom and some of my family knows I'm gay. I brought my bf to my hometown last month to celebrate my birthday but I only introduced him as a friend to them. sweat.gif It's a work in progress.
Pipopipo
post Mar 25 2020, 09:40 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Mar 25 2020, 09:35 AM)
They are not really my scene but for bars the famous one is called Blue Boy and for saunas that would Otot-Otot.
My mom and some of my family knows I'm gay. I brought my bf to my hometown last month to celebrate my birthday but I only introduced him as a friend to them. sweat.gif It's a work in progress.
So how's their reaction so far? Did they ever talk to u about this b4?
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 25 2020, 09:59 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(Pipopipo @ Mar 25 2020, 09:40 AM)
So how's their reaction so far? Did they ever talk to u about this b4?
I came out through a phone call. My mom was pretty sad about it and she hopes I will change one day. My mom told some of my family members about me being gay after the phone call and that's how they knew. When I returned home last month, nobody asked me about the gay stuff and I was thankful for that.

However I'm sure sooner or later it will blow up so I'm just gonna be mentally-prepared when that happens. sweat.gif

This post has been edited by internaldisputes: Mar 25 2020, 10:00 AM
Pipopipo
post Mar 25 2020, 10:21 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Mar 25 2020, 09:59 AM)
I came out through a phone call. My mom was pretty sad about it and she hopes I will change one day. My mom told some of my family members about me being gay after the phone call and that's how they knew. When I returned home last month, nobody asked me about the gay stuff and I was thankful for that.

However I'm sure sooner or later it will blow up so I'm just gonna be mentally-prepared when that happens.  sweat.gif
Ok i wish u good luck on that. Let's hope everything wraps up nicely between u n ur family.
Ripp87
post Mar 25 2020, 10:45 AM

Zombie
720 posts

When is the next gaythering?
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 25 2020, 10:54 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(Pipopipo @ Mar 25 2020, 10:21 AM)
Ok i wish u good luck on that. Let's hope everything wraps up nicely between u n ur family.
Aww thanks!

QUOTE(Ripp87 @ Mar 25 2020, 10:45 AM)
When is the next gaythering?
Sadly we decided to suspend them until further notice because of the pandemic + the new conservative government. Next one supposed to be on late April.
azlanys1
post Mar 26 2020, 02:54 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Mar 25 2020, 10:54 AM)
Aww thanks!
Sadly we decided to suspend them until further notice because of the pandemic + the new conservative government. Next one supposed to be on late April.
If I may ask you still solat or not.

Gay can be cure you need to seek for it you know.Tell you I got a good friend from Sarawak, we were housemate back in college. He wore lipstick to class. Although unmarried until now and may be no interest, he look to find peace after becoming a practicing Muslim.

Hope no offence to you, I pray one day you become straight guy married and have kid.
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 26 2020, 05:12 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(azlanys1 @ Mar 26 2020, 02:54 PM)

Gay can be cure you need to seek for it you know.Tell you I got a good friend from Sarawak, we were housemate back in college. He wore lipstick to class. Although unmarried until now and may be no interest, he look to find peace after becoming a practicing Muslim.

Hope no offence to you, I pray one day you become straight guy married and have kid.
In terms of faith I'm kinda agnostic right now so I don't really solat but my boyfriend does.

Different people have different interpretations of the religion. Some of my friends think homosexuality is not wrong in Islam including my boyfriend, hence still practising the "gay lifestyle" while fulfilling their religious obligations. There are increasing number of Islamic scholars supporting LGBT rights too like Amina Wadud for example.

Not planning to "become straight" anytime soon, so no offense taken. sweat.gif
ashangel39
post Mar 26 2020, 05:25 PM

43 posts

I feel like the gay scene is more active than the lesbian scene. Or maybe I just don't know where to find my own kind cause of my faulty gaydar. laugh.gif
ralfvi
post Mar 26 2020, 05:26 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Mar 26 2020, 05:12 PM)
In terms of faith I'm kinda agnostic right now so I don't really solat but my boyfriend does.

Different people have different interpretations of the religion. Some of my friends think homosexuality is not wrong in Islam including my boyfriend, hence still practising the "gay lifestyle" while fulfilling their religious obligations. There are increasing number of Islamic scholars supporting LGBT rights too like Amina Wadud for example.

Not planning to "become straight" anytime soon, so no offense taken.  sweat.gif
Sorry to pop the baloon. but islam needs to be interpreted according to the messenger of Allah message.
and LGBT even anal sex between married couple is unlawfull as its transgressed the nature of human.
not to mention certain interpretation of so called scholars or ulama that deviate further from the truth of quran and sunnah
and amina wadud the lady imam is to far away from the truth even the liberals muslims shies away.
its one thing to sinn but to propagate it and distort the teaching of the messenger and the Quran is another so please stop.

TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 26 2020, 05:38 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(ashangel39 @ Mar 26 2020, 05:25 PM)
I feel like the gay scene is more active than the lesbian scene. Or maybe I just don't know where to find my own kind cause of my faulty gaydar.  laugh.gif
Are you lesbian? Yeah, I have the same observation but I always thought because I'm living in the gay bubble. Lesbians tend to be pretty chill in general right? So maybe that's why haha.

QUOTE(ralfvi @ Mar 26 2020, 05:26 PM)
Sorry to pop the baloon. but islam needs to be interpreted according to the messenger of Allah message.
and LGBT even anal sex between married couple is unlawfull as its transgressed the nature of human.
not to mention certain interpretation of so called scholars or ulama that deviate further from the truth of quran and sunnah
and amina wadud the lady imam is to far away from the truth even the liberals muslims shies away.
its one thing to sinn but to propagate it and distort the teaching of the messenger and the Quran is another so please stop.
I'm not propagating anything— merely answering a question from an Internet stranger in a thread about LGBT. Clearly we are on a different ideological spectrum so I suggest we just agree to disagree. smile.gif
ashangel39
post Mar 26 2020, 05:44 PM

43 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Mar 26 2020, 05:38 PM)
Are you lesbian? Yeah, I have the same observation but I always thought because I'm living in the gay bubble. Lesbians tend to be pretty chill in general right? So maybe that's why haha.
cool2.gif Yea...Nah you're not in a bubble. More like they are in the bubble cause you can't find where they are. I wish they surface more so I know where to find them. So if anyone of you is reading this please come out to play. Haha.

I'm pretty chill but I can't speak for the rest of them. whistling.gif

This post has been edited by ashangel39: Mar 26 2020, 05:46 PM
xpole
post Mar 26 2020, 06:35 PM

Rain on me baby
1,164 posts

QUOTE(azlanys1 @ Mar 25 2020, 07:04 AM)

Now people find someone to have sex or find partner thru Blued/Grindr/Jackd etc.

Going to Tasik Permaisuri/ Tasik Kelana Jaya is so last season.

And btw Tasik Kelana Jaya is no longer safe. Pegawai penguatkuasa selalu buat rondaan dekat situ.
TSinternaldisputes
post Mar 26 2020, 06:53 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

QUOTE(xpole @ Mar 26 2020, 06:35 PM)
Now people find someone to have sex or find partner thru Blued/Grindr/Jackd etc.

Going to Tasik Permaisuri/ Tasik Kelana Jaya is so last season.

And btw Tasik Kelana Jaya is no longer safe. Pegawai penguatkuasa selalu buat rondaan dekat situ.
Yeah even the public toilets there got warning for gays not to engage in homosexual acts or risk getting charged.

But I get it-- some people love the thrill of it. Plus no chance of getting catfished too.
SUSwhyareugey
post Mar 28 2020, 12:22 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(azlanys1 @ Mar 26 2020, 02:54 PM)

Wow. Saying "no offence" but also "gay can be cured".
Gay, lesbian, transgender, all are not a disease to be cured!

Gender of the soul is a spectrum. Just like other kinds of
human soul conditions. Biologically, there are even hermaphrodites,
those with both sexual organs (in arabic termed khunsa). And some have bigger clits, or small penis, and so on. It is all A SPECTRUM. COLORFUL. My advice to you is to start accepting the COLORS of human beings and stop seeing human as black and white. To me, you are the disease that needs to be cured. Nuff said.
UserU
post Mar 28 2020, 12:51 AM

CSONLINE2.NET - FREE COUNTER-STRIKE
Group Icon
Elite
4,819 posts

QUOTE(whyareugey @ Mar 28 2020, 12:22 AM)
Wow. Saying "no offence" but also "gay can be cured".
Gay, lesbian, transgender, all are not a disease to be cured!

Gender of the soul is a spectrum. Just like other kinds of
human soul conditions. Biologically, there are even hermaphrodites,
those with both sexual organs (in arabic termed khunsa). And some have bigger clits, or small penis, and so on. It is all A SPECTRUM. COLORFUL. My advice to you is to start accepting the COLORS of human beings and stop seeing human as black and white. To me, you are the disease that needs to be cured. Nuff said.
With your username and avatar, it might be hard for some to take your post seriously laugh.gif
SUSwhyareugey
post Mar 28 2020, 12:58 AM