Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V38, READ 1ST PAGE FOR TURBO SPEED INFO!

views

Maxieos
post Mar 7 2020, 08:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

I want to ask , will someone get penalty to cancel unifi after submitted the form ?
Have not installation unifi , just summit the form to those agent but got call from unifi tech to install and rejected the installation.?

Not me , I really hope to get unifi , asking behalf of someone.
Maxieos
post Mar 8 2020, 07:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Mar 7 2020, 08:48 PM)
I want to ask , will someone  get penalty to cancel unifi after submitted the form ?
Have not installation unifi , just summit the form to those agent but got call from unifi tech to install and rejected the installation.?

Any one happen to come across ?
Maxieos
post Mar 10 2020, 07:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Mar 7 2020, 08:48 PM)
I want to ask , will someone  get penalty to cancel unifi after submitted the form ?

No one reject unifi before installing ?
Maxieos
post Mar 10 2020, 08:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

QUOTE(QuantumEdge @ Mar 10 2020, 08:11 PM)
Think I've seen a previous post saying you'd be charged RM600 for canceling after TM contacts you regarding the installation. But that 600 would only be charged on your first TM unifi bill. (never install, never had to pay)
or maybe you can check on this https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2094437/all
edit:
Thanks QuantumEdge for the answer

This post has been edited by Maxieos: Mar 10 2020, 09:19 PM
Maxieos
post Apr 3 2020, 10:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

Unifi also lag?

here stmyx can't even load shope and takes 5 minutes , every picture also not loading. , laz slightly better.
Not buying worry stuck at payment or parcel on hold in this mco.

At stmyx thread , I doubt someone will response so what is the issue here ? cable broken again or too much user online ?

Maxieos
post Apr 4 2020, 07:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

QUOTE(solarmystic @ Apr 4 2020, 12:51 AM)
It's time to reopen the old Extreme Screamyx Slowdown threads again, this time Edisi PKP for Unifi lol.

Whatever happened to all the users of Lowyat who used to post actively in those threads?

Networks and Broadband section is like a ghost town these days compared to those glorious Stimix days. Also YES 4G, and other new startups were all the rage back then lol.
Ever since 2015 most user switch to unifi discussion compare to stmyx and now mobile where they care more on social network.So most of the website are less traffic and shift to social apps.Less people care on website but more on apps.
Even unifi or smyx down , they can use alternative mobile network provider.
With netflix and youtube and etc , less people will download and watch , switching to watch online.
Package like free youtube , fb data from mobile provider and etc , user doesn't care much on unifi and stmyx down.

summary , mobile replace unifi/smyx and because an alternative compare to previously all user relay on tm.
I can confirm most using unifi or smyx , heavy user traffic is just around 15% and 85% just light user watching 2-4 hours youtube or netflix , browse fb , whatsapps.

I am not sure now , the internet getting slow because of MCO all stay at home watch netflix 12 hours a day hogging the bandwith or TM throttling our bandwith or submarine cable fault.
Maxieos
post Apr 8 2020, 10:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

Smyx also affected , It all started last w weeks which I had post about slow speed on routing.
Now , everyone is facing.
Which Ip address working well now ?

Maxieos
post Apr 8 2020, 10:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Apr 8 2020, 10:52 PM)
Same time as mine, I also had issue that time. It suddenly got disconnected but reconnected after that, however mine all works except Cisco Jabber on my laptop and mobile, its Instant Messaging server is not connected but mobile data is fine.
Been suspecting problem since last 2 week of mco on and off even for stmyx but today worst than last week.Most international website not working , lucky video conferencing working.

Those on vpn which run well , which vpn host ip server located ?
Maxieos
post Apr 9 2020, 09:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

QUOTE(dannielshazmeer @ Apr 9 2020, 05:31 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Faulty on Submarine Cable - Cahaya Malaysia - UNifi
Where did you get the news from ?
Now mco mode which require internet connection for work,which is became essential.
As for history if really submarine cable faulty , will take 1-2 weeks maybe a month depends on the process.
The waiting list sweat.gif , normally waiting list would be around 1-10 , if 400 , may take a day.

Waiting for their official announcement.will wait until tomorrow.

This post has been edited by Maxieos: Apr 9 2020, 09:50 PM
Maxieos
post Apr 16 2020, 08:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

Internet still slow , shope and laz also slow loading until now.
Live chat with tm takes more than 1 hours for the queue over 100++ dry.gif

Hard to dc and connect again to get 175.137 .I tried more than 10 times also can't get.
Maxieos
post Aug 25 2020, 06:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

Not sure how many answer i can get from here.I need to list down the benefits on fiber unifi or fiber internet connection vs 3/4G
Or, fiber vs 4G on a phone.
I can list up the advantages but it's hard to convince those elderlythe different between 4G vs fiber.
I remember last time like few years ago , someone list out the benefits fiber vs smyx vs 4G comparison.

Does anyone still have the chart ? or someone can help me to list out the benefits switching ?
Maxieos
post Aug 25 2020, 10:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

Candy12,TongCN,cannavaro
Actually how many packages or tv bundle ? very confusing
Some can remove some can't

So take example , now https://unifi.com.my/personal/home/fibre-broadband 100mbps , do we need to subscribe those unfitv ? or just pay for rm134.75+sst only ?
Some got turbo but how do I get turbo if new user wanted to apply ? does remove the unifitv package reduce the bill after contract over ?
Maxieos
post Aug 26 2020, 08:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

QUOTE(Candy12 @ Aug 26 2020, 12:18 AM)
You're forced to take a TV bundle(regardless of wanting a Unifi Plus tv box) on all plans I supposed except for both the lowest tiered 30M plan(60GB monthly quota/unlimited).

Do take note all 30M plans voice plan is on pay per use(20sen/min), even for the RM149 plan which comes with the Unifi Plus tv box. Do not be caught making phone calls assuming you're going to get the 600mins voice call which will cost you an extra RM120 it overlooked.

It actually got more expensive and the only reason for the announcement was to introduced the 500M and 800M plans to the market.

Really loser telco in ASEAN region.

You know who aggressive are our neighbors telco industry now?

Telkom Indonesia, Singtel, PLDT, VNPT/FPT Telecom, AIS/3BB/True/TOT are now? I can't really believe what is TM thinking maybe they want to exit the RSP/ISP business totally and concentrate fully on wholesale. Madness.
I am new to unifi since I need to study how does those contractor lay the fibre and how is the package and some other unifi promoter agent give out different answer vs tmpoint promotion.Very confusing even after i check this thread.

Yes , nothing we can do since the only company own the backline.Pity us who still using stmyx until now even now if not our previous minister ask for price cut , there will still rm160 for 8mb.
But in future , a better g0v will benefits us in a competition on isp.

Candy As for the question , so every packages also force to have the unwanted tv box ? If someone able to cancel it , the price will reduce extra rm30 after contract ? 24x30 = rm720 extra 2 years just for a tvbox which i don't even need it.
I would rather exchange to those unlimited call packages to a tvbox.

What about the calls for 600minuites ? As for 100mbps , they say free 600minuites or 10 hours a month , does it include mobile phone calls or just free for local fixed line calls ? How does it cost extra rm120 ? i dont understand ?
QUOTE(sHawTY @ Aug 26 2020, 12:22 AM)
Turbo is only available between Q3 2018 ~ Q2 2019

It's available for these previous packages during those years:
5Mb ~ 10Mb - gets 100Mb/s
20Mb ~ 30Mb - gets 300Mb/s
50Mb - gets 500Mb/s
100Mb - gets 800Mb/s

Nowadays, turbo is gone
Why gone ? this year no more ?
Maxieos
post Aug 27 2020, 06:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Aug 26 2020, 08:26 PM)
It's gone. Full stop. End of story. Stop asking about it because you will never get it again. Not in the near future
yeh , i understand what you mean , choose it right may have faster near future.
QUOTE(TongCN @ Aug 26 2020, 09:08 AM)
Turbo is YE2017/2018 news d which doesnt exist anymore sad.gif

Right now the only packages that can choose to not have TV bundle are 100mbps and below sad.gif
I think , there is still hope if choose well.Then 100mpbs is better at the moment ?
QUOTE(cannavaro @ Aug 26 2020, 05:02 PM)

If contract over , then just change to Time if your area support.Currently ,which package should sign up the best ?
QUOTE(YoungMan @ Aug 26 2020, 08:17 AM)
That one you have to call TM and check. No one knows yet considerring 500mb turbo is way cheaper than the new package.
For 100mbps, you have the option to include the HyppTV box or just pay RM129 + 6% tax. With the TV Box it will cost RM189 +6% tax. For packages above 100mbps, HyppTv box is compulsory and no way you can remove it.
Turbo is for those who previously in lower speed, not applicable for current package. Otherwise 100mbps RM129 can turbo to 800mbps, who else will subscribe 800mbps and pay expensive price?
The better choice is 100mbps ?
Actually who else will subscribe for 800mbps only for those who really need is.They can change the package to 100,300,500,800,1GB.
TIme and TNB offer rm99 for 100mpbs , 500mbps for just rm139 and 1GB just rm199.

Maxieos
post Sep 6 2020, 06:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

About 600 minutes calls , it's it include mobile number ?
How do we know and check much call left in minutes ?
Maxieos
post Sep 6 2020, 08:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

QUOTE(YoungMan @ Sep 6 2020, 10:35 AM)
600 minutes include mobile. Cannot check how many minutes.After 600 minutes, calls to TM landline are still free.
The 600 minutes is for both landline and mobile but after 600 minutes call to other TM landline is still free ?

but I didn't see anywhere written TM landline free?

TM landline within state like 03 to 03 or other state also free 03 to 04 ? What about those airselangor 15300, 1800,1300 after 600 minutes ?
Maxieos
post Sep 6 2020, 10:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

QUOTE(YoungMan @ Sep 6 2020, 08:40 PM)
You can dig the info from FAQ. After 600 minutes call to all tm landline nationwide still free. Call to mobile 10 sen if not mistaken. The free minute does not apply to special numbers like 1300 or 5 digits number like TNB.
Thanks , i didn't see any of it in the faq ,not sure which page to look.Those 5 digit is to call to ask question and complain.

btw ,what is the current unifi stock router ? any different router subscribing different plan ?
Maxieos
post Sep 13 2020, 08:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

QUOTE(zeese @ Sep 7 2020, 10:41 AM)
FAQ is for commonly asked questions only. The complete terms are in their "term and conditions" documents.
Thanks didn't see the
Voice: Free 600 min. Beyond: 10sen/min
F2M, Free F2F

F2F is fixed line fixed line ?

but thisi s old 2019 t&c 31 dec promotion.Still apply right ?

btw , how do we know there the cabinet is unifi or stmyx ?
This thread also didn't know whether it's unifi or not https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3866592

Another question, why we can't search for unifi area location available and must through tm ? last time can do a search by address

This post has been edited by Maxieos: Sep 13 2020, 09:33 PM
Maxieos
post Sep 13 2020, 11:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

QUOTE(kcl2006ch @ Sep 13 2020, 09:57 PM)
the unifi cabinet like this ,it got the laser logo on it

There is one cabinet but is small with triangle laser logo
https://imgur.com/a/r7tf5f
I saw some thread it's 1gen but how many ftth can a small box supply ? how many houses can supply to ?

Another question, why we can't search for unifi area location available and must through tm ? last time can do a search by address

This post has been edited by Maxieos: Sep 13 2020, 11:27 PM
Maxieos
post Sep 14 2020, 11:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

QUOTE(HariszKilz @ Sep 14 2020, 12:05 AM)
If the cabinet has a laser logo, small or big, It's a Fibre Cabinet. To confirmed it again, must be C labeled cabinet. C indicates Fibre. Usually, a single FDC can supply around 200 houses. 1 FDP can supply 8 houses.

For the website, TM disable the free way to check the coverage, you need to enter your information on their website first and then you can search your coverage. Quite the hassle way tbh.
How many cabinet can install around the area ? between 2-3km ? I saw a few cabinet between 2-3km.What is the cabinet code means ? some with short code in it.Does it represent something ?

I wonder , why tm disable it for free way checking for coverage ? how to enter the information on the website ? I tried but said need to register , why need to register by giving out email phone number just to check for unifi ? are the original website also an agent website ? unifi.com.my ?

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0220sec    0.24    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:28 PM