Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
7 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V38, READ 1ST PAGE FOR TURBO SPEED INFO! (Unifi)

views

Candy12
post Dec 2 2019, 09:37 PM

Regular
1,842 posts

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Dec 2 2019, 09:35 PM)
you were skeptical about tm scheme earlier in oct...

free bill is still free bill...i can use the money elsewhere

nod.gif
Not worth it get 3 months free but pledge full 24 months in payment. You never know when a better offer is coming next but you're stuck not being able to move.
Candy12
post Dec 16 2019, 09:38 PM

Regular
1,842 posts

QUOTE(JohnLai @ Dec 15 2019, 07:48 PM)
..........did TM routing or cable break again?
Image at reddit is loading extremely slow right now....location = sarawak.
Internet speed to remain sluggish until New Year

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/internet-...ar-4027341.html

Repair work on the disaster-prone Asia America Gateway (AAG) undersea cable is expected to be completed on January 2.
TM is one of the stakeholder in AAG Cable Consortium.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia-America_Gateway
Candy12
post Jan 3 2020, 01:10 PM

Regular
1,842 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Jan 3 2020, 12:39 AM)
OT: Baidu on Digi is super fast, everything loads up properly includes images.
Digi's China connection is known to be the worst among all Malaysian telcos. Its company policy is quite anti Huawei including its parent company Telenor.

QUOTE(cHiLdHo0drEaMz @ Jan 3 2020, 11:42 AM)
Now days TM dont give cordless phone already. TM only provide ONU, Router and STB. You may redeem if you have rewards points or just purchase it at TM Point. I bought my own Panasonic cordless phone. Btw, I'm also on 300/MYR 199 package. And make sure you redeem your monthly movies voucher. My Dec voucher just burned like that because TM did not update my contact number in their system
Why don't they even make STBs BYO?
Since TV boxes these days are so cheap.

They skimmed so much on installations such as removing the demarc outside the house and fibre wall socket. Yet charges so high consumer package plans.

This company is indeed struggling to stay afloat?
Candy12
post Jan 5 2020, 10:49 PM

Regular
1,842 posts

QUOTE(go626201 @ Jan 5 2020, 01:26 AM)
Sorry for asking, is that any slow speed problem now?
My 800mbps plan can only get 200mbps++ only...
(Just came back from travel so dont know how long already)
The AAG undersea cable has yet to be restored fully.

That is why TM quietly launch their 3 months free campaign last time and use the opportunity to lock as many Unifi users for another dreadful 24 months contract with full remaining months penalty for early termination.

It was actually to suppressed complains and avoid making their customers more angry. You really think they would give you free things when their financial results were so mad since early quarter 2019 when they went red?
Candy12
post Jan 19 2020, 09:34 PM

Regular
1,842 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Jan 19 2020, 01:42 PM)
Apparently US already wanna destory community fibre dang

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-and...bih=718&dpr=3.5

Check this episode on netflix laugh.gif laugh.gif
Why use US as a benchmark? It's a failing country. Even Google Fibre has halted expansion.

In case you are not aware, Europe is leading the world with community and rural fibre buildouts.

https://www.communityfibre.co.uk/

https://b4rn.org.uk/
Farmers in UK are building their own fibre networks pulling fibre through micro trenches into their own farms from the main road.
Candy12
post Jan 19 2020, 10:24 PM

Regular
1,842 posts

QUOTE(QuantumEdge @ Jan 19 2020, 12:50 AM)
After 3 years of endless complaints at TM's online CS and store, a mail to MCMC and finally a call to local YB which they passed info up at Dato Gobind's office...
Those who are at Bandar Putra Kulai, I've got a bad news...
Agents who took our info basically just submitted another demand list to TM which they ignored; while local YB had already send a direct letter to MCM requesting TM allocate budget for fiber laying ASAP... they tried, the problem is on TM and TM alone

NO ETA on UNIFI as at Jan 2020, probably wont be avaliable untill mid year
TM is actually pulling a fast one on you.

Where got need RM20k?

They're pulling fibre on their existing telephone poles to your area already serving you Streamyx.
Do you know how cheap fibre today costs?

Armoured Core Outdoor Cable goes just as low as USD90 per KM

How much is that weather resistant cheap plastic FDB box hanging on top of the telephone pole behind your house?
You can get it as cheap as <RM50 in bulk.

TM is using PON which is passive optical network. No need power source in between the telephone office and your housing area.
Just use cheap fibre splitters to split a single core from the port at the OLT into separate 32 shared lines.

Stupid TM so much excuses, if you can't bring service and phase out copper by 2020 today, you don't fit to be Malaysia's HSBB wholesale provider. Just hand the responsibility to TNB who can do a better open provider job instead.

Candy12
post Feb 5 2020, 09:28 PM

Regular
1,842 posts

Pings to most SG servers above 100ms some even close to 300ms.
Candy12
post Feb 9 2020, 11:06 PM

Regular
1,842 posts

QUOTE(Vickyle @ Feb 9 2020, 07:31 PM)
TM said if you don't like the internet service, don't use it, and close the report. What now? Please advise. I am not even sure what is MCMC for?
Simple. That was why people shouldn't have signed up their YEP2019 free 3 months offer last time and get themselves locked up with the newly changed T&C which requires full repayment of remaining months of service if they intend to terminate their line before the contract ends.

Don't use the service? That's a FULL 24 months fees you'll need to pay back including tax.

See how arrogant and nasty they're telling you now after holding you by the leg? Tak suka jgn guna tapi skrg baya balik 24 bulan lah.

Why MCMC is so quiet about this illegal and unethical clause?

I sign 24 months means 24 months everday you provide me uptime lah. You mean agreement is one sided and only the customer has to fulfill the contract?
TM gets to hold you by the leg and tell you tak suka go use other service lah like that? Where is the mutual agreement on both sides of the contract?

Did you see now where you're stucked? They're telling you that if you're not happy get lost but don't forget your remaining months of your contract you owe me. My hands are washed.

Can ah like that? Why our consumers still lose in tribunal courts? icon_idea.gif

Why must consumers pledge 24 months of guaranteeing full payment to you when you give them shit service like that in return? Kasi ding dong klentong and say take it or leave it?

This post has been edited by Candy12: Feb 9 2020, 11:08 PM
Candy12
post Feb 11 2020, 11:18 AM

Regular
1,842 posts

QUOTE(Vickyle @ Feb 10 2020, 09:16 AM)
Now that I remember, TM said the problem does not fall under any category that they are responsible for. There is no ISO or policy to fix this kind of problem. Does that mean MCMC need to implement new policy? I look at "Quality of Service" standard/policy. The last time it is updated is around 20 years ago.  sweat.gif  I guess the policy is not revised to be on par with newer technology? 20 years ago tak ada fibre technology. But now ada fibre, but policy still follows older technology. Am I understanding it correctly?
Consumers/subscribers can't be paying a least effort service which they commit to sign a 24 months lockup one-sided commitment right?

Like that isn't this called cheating? You commit to pay a FULL 24 months plan and compensate if you terminate earlier than promise but your service provider plans to give you intermittent sub quality service which doesn't deliver frequently. Who is breaking the deal?

Isn't that no different from a conman? Make you sign a deal to commit then next day go missing all the time but money is assured in his hands when time for him to do servicing?
Candy12
post Feb 11 2020, 11:20 AM

Regular
1,842 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Feb 11 2020, 09:00 AM)
Why?
Just pay it on time, less things to worry about
Then again the question asked, you're not providing me a good service why should the subscriber pay on time?

You ask the customer to be punctual in payment but are you solving the problem or issue promptly and not delaying them?

Must be fair la both sides.
Candy12
post Feb 12 2020, 01:08 PM

Regular
1,842 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Feb 12 2020, 09:36 AM)
Bising la kau, macam Maxis kesayangan kau tak pernah buat masalah pulak
No ISP is perfect, but all of them asks for on-time payment. Do you say the same thing about all ISP in the world?
Do you complain about that with Maxis also? No. Every single complain threads about Maxis in here you label them as TM ambassador
To you, it's like there's no valid complain about Maxis at all, Maxis is perfect, Maxis tu macam abah kau punya, that's why die die you defend them like crazy

I don't see you attacking Time Fiber thread when a customer complaint in there
I don't see you attacking Maxis Fiber thread when a customer complain in there
I don't see you attacking Digi Fiber thread when a customer complain in there
I don't see you attacking Celcom Fiber thread when a customer complain in there

No, you only attack TM, whose the real ISP ambassador here?

Look at my previous post in here, I also complain about TM, because unlike you, I'm not a die hard fan of an ISP
Every ISP has their weaknesses, but I don't do what you do, attacking them relentlessly
Ada ke saya promote Maxis satu company saje? My posts promotes all alternatives except TM.
You can see me promoting Celcom, DiGi, Maxis even Time at times.
You're so wrong when accusing me as a Maxis promoter when I'm a TM Unifail user myself.

Why I don't have the right to comment when my line is not performing?Isn't that a consumer rights? TM's service contract for early termination is among the most unfair and expensive for all ISPs in Malaysia.
Candy12
post Feb 12 2020, 01:11 PM

Regular
1,842 posts

QUOTE(Agsx @ Feb 12 2020, 12:04 PM)
Let people be la, we are all customer, if we unhappy we talk of course  sweat.gif
I'm unhappy, previously on RM159 10Mbps plan which they kept quiet so long and making us pay blindly every month. Then offer me RM89 Super 2019 plan but quietly tie me in another 24 months with nothing said about any changes. Now routing problems arise, tell you you don't like don't use.

Another words means you don't want to use my service pay the remaining months straight in my face lah? Can ah this kind of treatment allowed by MCMC in treating customers?

Tie you in for contract then start to play bad mouthing and excuses with you?
Candy12
post Feb 12 2020, 02:52 PM

Regular
1,842 posts

QUOTE(TheBladeRunner @ Feb 12 2020, 02:19 PM)
Yet you so freely accuse me of being a TM promoter in another thread when I ask about what switch to pick just because I said I am applying 50Mbps package.

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=95435464
So free ah for a random poster like you to suddenly bring me up on several threads claiming I'm accusing you? This doesn't sound right.

Candy12
post Feb 12 2020, 02:54 PM

Regular
1,842 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Feb 12 2020, 02:03 PM)
Poyo lah, you only start promoting other ISP to cover your ass so not to be seem as Maxis die hard fan when all of your older posts is always about Maxis, Maxis, Maxis
Oh, kau panggil orang lain TM reseller / TM ambassador takpe pulak?
Bila orang lain buat benda yang sama dekat kau, you start playing the victim? Where did you learn the meaning of the word "fair"? In the cave?
People treat you the way you treat them, so deal with it, stop complaining when people called you Maxis die hard fan when it is you who started the whole damn thing
Suka hatilah saya nak komen. Kan saya juga Unifi user jugak. Tak boleh ke Mr Ambassador, TM?

Accuse me of what you want I just recommend others looking for 50M plans to look at Digi's Fibre Broadband too. So I'm Digi ambassador now?
Candy12
post Feb 18 2020, 08:55 PM

Regular
1,842 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Feb 12 2020, 04:34 PM)
innocent.gif
Yes, he is. Well, he is also a UniFi user though most of us are TM Ambassadors, everyone is welcomed.
What is the problem now? As a board staff you can clearly see that I'm a Unifi user posting from my home with my ip address?

I went quiet because I didn't want to participate in the argument further and if they want to continue accusing me of it, I wouldn't mind bothering in a public discussion board.

My case is rested.
Candy12
post Feb 18 2020, 08:56 PM

Regular
1,842 posts

QUOTE(CrimsonKing @ Feb 18 2020, 10:10 AM)
Candy12

laugh.gif
Yes, how may I be of help to you?
Candy12
post Feb 19 2020, 10:02 PM

Regular
1,842 posts

QUOTE(junclj @ Feb 19 2020, 07:53 PM)
I really not so sure why TM FTTH but provide you a VDSL router. After I google DL4480V1 then now I finally know why.

user posted image
This Netis router is used for both FTTH and VDSL.

If it's hooked up to an ONT like the Huawei means it functions as a broadband router on top of the fibre modem(ONT).

Not sure why TM went for such cheap plastic and dumped TP-Link.
For Maxis it's the other way around, they dumped the Netis and replaced it with the TP-Link C5V instead.

It looks really cheaply built and basic. Yet they tie their customers to 2 years full contract that requires you to pay thousands if you terminate early.
Is it worth it?Really greedy company.

Not that their standard installation has improved, they even removed the fibre wall socket and pull the ugly black wire from the telephone pole right into your fibre modem(ONT).

So much cost saving yet, they have the most expensive early termination fees among all isps.
Candy12
post Feb 21 2020, 09:29 AM

Regular
1,842 posts

QUOTE(jack2 @ Feb 21 2020, 09:11 AM)
7 questions - you considered a little bit? If I asked other private info, then need to ask till 10 questions? Even I call to credit card center to ask for my card transaction, they won't ask until 7 questions.

Don't you think the questions are too many for just a non-sensitive information? And do you know what is personal data?

Do you think contract expiry period is personal data and sensitive and private?
Haha the banking customer service the most only ask like 3 to confirm or 1-2 more if you can't give correct answer.

Seems like TM is paranoid that their competitors will steal their customer's contract end period to attack them.
They seem very secretive and scared that their customer's contract end date is revealed which tells a lot that it's their secret weapon to keep revenues coming in.
Candy12
post Feb 21 2020, 12:44 PM

Regular
1,842 posts

QUOTE(jack2 @ Feb 21 2020, 09:33 AM)
On live chat - they asked 5 questions. The last one I can't answer as I need to look at my cc billing to find out the amount paid on last payment. I asked if you can ask other question. The live chat CS told me "CANNOT. You must answer this question"

I requested to get the answer by e-mail as well other than phone call and they asked me to email to @help with the 5 answers. After copied and pasted the answers, they replied me to provide 2 more answers i.e. 6-7.

Dont you think they are too over with just non-sensitive data which the data can't be used to do anything like curi your duit or whatever...
Indeed they're paranoid about telling customer's service contract expiry dates either to keep customer's unaware of when their contracts will be ending or leaking them to their competitors.

If their customers are unaware of their contract dateline, then it's easier for them to maintain high prices while their unknowing customers will be less demanding to ask for offers once they know when their contracts will be expiring. They'll demand to switch to other providers and it'll pose big headache for TM.
Candy12
post Mar 3 2020, 01:11 PM

Regular
1,842 posts

QUOTE(skyxanxus @ Mar 3 2020, 11:29 AM)
Don't know why TM keep charging me these kind ghost call, I asked customer service using live chat and required escalate to second level investigation. Now waiting the reply from them.
Last time out local telcos were caught initiating unwanted 3rd party content SMS by just clicking unwanted apps that appear in our browsers.

Now this nonsense.

Did you try unplugging out your fixed line phone? If yes, use this to dispute with them, my phone was unplugged how can calls still be made?

That's why when you're using fixed broadband, don't opt for call plans, most home users won't need it anyway when mobile phones are so cheap these days with prepaid plans.

7 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1977sec    0.36    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th July 2021 - 07:21 AM