Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V38, READ 1ST PAGE FOR TURBO SPEED INFO!

views

YoungMan
post Mar 26 2020, 11:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,394 posts

QUOTE(akaneikegami @ Mar 25 2020, 03:49 PM)
surprisingly, i bought a linksys router costing me RM700+ but somehow speed is lower than the tp-link which Unifi has provided for free.  bangwall.gif
have yet to figure out why.
I think you have to call them to unbine the old router MAC from their system. Someone said before that when you use TM's router, the connection is OK but changing to own router you may experience slow connection.

QUOTE(Yoooo @ Mar 26 2020, 11:41 AM)
If that is the case, maybe just use the Unifi router with LAN connection and add on a better AP.
Asus is a great router more also slightly higher price, at the moment is thinking for Tplink A9, C80 and AX10.
The review for A9 is quite good and speed in long distance also not bad.
With 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz connection?
btw, what is the Tplink model that Unifi given?
Unifi give Tplink C1200.
Imo the tplink A10 is also good enough if you don't plan to change your device to WiFI 6 capable.

This post has been edited by YoungMan: Mar 26 2020, 11:03 AM
YoungMan
post Mar 26 2020, 09:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,394 posts

so where are the people who always claim Unifi never throttle connection?
YoungMan
post Mar 26 2020, 09:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,394 posts

QUOTE(solarmystic @ Mar 26 2020, 10:21 PM)
You facing the same issue?

Afaik in my area (TTDI), as far back as i've subscribed to UNIFI the connection has never been throttled.
Yes, for the last few days. Is it a throttle or TM cannot cope with so many users
YoungMan
post Mar 27 2020, 10:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,394 posts

QUOTE(soonwai @ Mar 27 2020, 04:45 AM)
Oh, you kena throttled? Your area must be congested.
Past midnight connection back to normal.
YoungMan
post Mar 29 2020, 03:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,394 posts

QUOTE(cstkl1 @ Mar 29 2020, 04:05 PM)
dei tambi/ahboy/budak

i already said it couldn't in the past aka from day one and up to like last week
How are you able to get 800mb up and down? Isn't it 800mb down/200mb up?
YoungMan
post Mar 31 2020, 02:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,394 posts

QUOTE(bukulima @ Mar 31 2020, 03:42 PM)
do we still need to pay unifi in full since they throttle our speed until unbearable like this?
Unfortunately, yes. Unless UniFi said free internet. They charm YB Gobin by offering 10X speed upgrade, but they must have forgotten about their network capacity. That's why we have this problem today.

Do we have comparison of Digi Fibre, Celcom Fibre and Maxis Fibre? How do they fair compare to Unifi.

This post has been edited by YoungMan: Mar 31 2020, 02:53 PM
YoungMan
post Apr 7 2020, 11:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,394 posts

QUOTE(sivanathan04 @ Apr 7 2020, 08:13 AM)
Thank you for the advice bro...really appreciate it..Asus is out of my budget bro any other router recommendation just single person use no sharing..I saw a router mercusys ac12g at blacktubi website is it good replacement for netis or still will be the same like netis.Actually I start to regret with unifi luckily if it's a router problem I can settled it easily.
Have a look at this thread:
WiFi Router Discussion
YoungMan
post Apr 12 2020, 03:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,394 posts

QUOTE(plc255 @ Apr 12 2020, 03:46 PM)
Is there anyone here expecting free Unifi bill this month, or at least some form of discount or something during the the MCO lockdown period?

Didnt our gov announced that free Internet?

My latest Unifi still full amount!!  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

If there is anyone who had receive discount for his Unifi please voice up? TQ.
TM won't give free without condition. The last time people get free UniFi last year end, you have to opt in for another 2 years contract.
YoungMan
post Apr 15 2020, 10:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,394 posts

QUOTE(Shah_15 @ Apr 15 2020, 12:58 AM)
Guys, my BTU just decided to die last night. And I am stucked without internet and TV. Anything that I can do? I thought of buying used BTU same model but I have read mixed comment regarding it.

Some said can plug and use the BTU same model since the authentication is via router. While the others said need to configure the BTU and ONU password is required.

I dont know. Anyone experienced before? I can do simple networking setup no problem. MCO is way too long ( expect to extend ) and I need the hyppTV at least.

Unifi Livechat refused to open case for me and told me to wait till MCO ends.
Have you double check just in case? If it's the adapter spoilt, just replace with another adapter with same volt and you're good to go.
YoungMan
post Apr 15 2020, 10:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,394 posts

QUOTE(-oc-gassa @ Apr 15 2020, 11:35 AM)
what i did was... ask from TM to open case... then next working day, the tech team call ask me what the problem.. then share the problem.. in my case, high rise VSDL distribution box got issue...since the issue was water leaking into the box.. he assist me how to settle the issue... I think u can ask for open case.. when tech team call. ask him(mobile no) to assist if u plan to buy new BTU.. and tell how to set new BTU
Don't think they will teach you how to set the BTU. Because to them, BTU is not suppose to be access by users.
YoungMan
post Apr 15 2020, 09:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,394 posts

QUOTE(MX510 @ Apr 15 2020, 10:17 PM)
I have been throttled aka capped by TM.Nut = Fakap
Just curious. How heavy do you download until the throttle kick in?
YoungMan
post Apr 16 2020, 11:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,394 posts

QUOTE(TwisterK @ Apr 16 2020, 12:13 PM)
Hi, wanna ask, is it possible to do Unifi relocation now? As my new house renovation get halt and I kinda wish to relocate Unifi from my new house to my current staying unit. My current unit used to use telephone copper wire ( VDSL ) for the Unifi, i now paying Digi 4G and Unifi that no one using. That sux.
TM won't do any installation at customers premise during MCO.
YoungMan
post Apr 16 2020, 02:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,394 posts

QUOTE(dannychen @ Apr 16 2020, 01:21 PM)
Tok Mat: Introduce more competition for better, cheaper Internet connectivity
NATION
Thursday, 16 Apr 2020

10:56 AM MYT
By SARBAN SINGH

SEREMBAN: The government should allow more competition in the Internet services provider sector for cheaper and better connectivity for everyone, says Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan (pic).

The Umno number two said the government also needed to urgently look into increasing Internet access, particularly in unserved and under-served areas as well as provide free data for education, entrepreneurship and public services for certain segments of society.

"The government has to consider encouraging the establishment of Internet service providers focusing on innovation – especially in rural areas.

"A glimpse into our education system shows we have been unable to systematically and seamlessly jump into digital mode during this Covid-19 pandemic.

"Too much time has been wasted. Sending homework and assignments through WhatsApp and email is not online learning," he said in a statement on Thursday (April 16).

Mohamad said the high cost of Internet access has led to many parents using money meant to put food on the table to purchase Internet data instead.

He said as such, it was necessary for the Education Ministry to provide a clear vision on how the country's education system should be managed productively if the current situation were to continue.

"A holistic digital system has to be a national agenda that needs to be prioritised and implemented radically.

"The government also has to provide a single centralised and integrated digital platform in which contact with any ministry or government agency can be made online through a single portal, account, system and channel," he said.

Mohamad said this initiative could not be put on hold any longer as a digital platform would reduce bureaucracy, maximise transparency and increase efficiency.

The former Negri Sembilan mentri besar said these issues needed to be addressed urgently as the country would continue to be haunted by pandemics and pathogen outbreaks as well as the climate crisis.

"The greatest challenge we face today is how the government functions in times of crisis.

"This is important because the government is the only entity we can rely on to secure our livelihood and security in this extraordinary time," he said, adding that this was why the public delivery system must quickly shift towards a completely digital platform.

Mohamad said the Covid-19 pandemic was a lesson for all that any governmental system must be crisis-proof.

source
I wonder why this was not done then before the fall of BN? Why only mention it now?
YoungMan
post Apr 20 2020, 08:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,394 posts

QUOTE(AmericanPig @ Apr 20 2020, 05:49 PM)
anyone receive call from tm to pay the bill even though no outstanding payment?
That's a scam call.
YoungMan
post May 1 2020, 11:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,394 posts

QUOTE(Ifrits @ May 1 2020, 06:40 PM)
Interested to know too. Currently signed up for TIME but no news about installation. Am thinking of switching to others to expedite installation. :/
Stay with Time. fast and cheaper compare to Unifi.

QUOTE(dayojah @ May 1 2020, 09:12 PM)
Before MCO, it took about a week if there was a spare port, a lifetime if not
Mine took only 2 days only.
YoungMan
post May 11 2020, 10:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,394 posts

QUOTE(pakji @ May 10 2020, 12:52 AM)
confirmed you is orange color Netis its very bad
why you asking TM to change equipment they give Netis look very bad
i also still using ASUS RT-AC68U we don't need restart ever day and no need use Fan near haha
i don't use Fan Near
BTU Huawei is very good prefect that Fiber modem i also using Huawei almost prefect its Fiber Modem
you unable buy new router ASUS RT-AC68U then can't solve anything
QUOTE(pakji @ May 10 2020, 12:54 AM)
then i can't do anything
if you get money then you buy ASUS RT-AC68U you will get stable you will be happy no more problem
QUOTE(pakji @ May 10 2020, 05:40 PM)
because crap router everyday restart
i never never restart everyday still wifi working and smooth and stable

seee you trouble and you don't want buy ASUS RT-AC68U and you wanted cheap router get trouble let say sometime stable sometime unstable and need restart all waste time and waste money buying cheap crap router its up to you
Sorry bro, but may I say stop promoting your AC68U. If want to buy new router in 2020, go for Asus AX56U for budget, or AX3000. AC68 is a few years behind in terms of technology. WiFi 6 is the future.
YoungMan
post May 11 2020, 02:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,394 posts

QUOTE(pakji @ May 11 2020, 01:57 PM)
he cannot afford lah AX3000 its expensive
AC68U already price drop too
But AC68U is few years tech. At least la AC66B.

QUOTE(pakji @ May 11 2020, 03:02 PM)
you like tp link black router ask you cousin what model then you buy it
i may ask you why you want wait till 2 year finish then buy new router
why you don't want early buy new router
why you want use netis router 1st till 2 year finish after used
Netis is all in 1 router plus BTU? Then cannot change unless he call TM to replace with seperate equipment.
YoungMan
post May 11 2020, 06:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,394 posts

QUOTE(judehow @ May 11 2020, 06:39 PM)
Yup but  not sure that asus router  still will be have or obsolete
In 2022 sure get a newer router d. Tak kan you buy a flagship which is few years backward.

QUOTE(bansheelipsx @ May 11 2020, 07:37 PM)
hi guys ..

currently using unifi lite

Recently TM installed fibre port at my flat.

Today i received whatsapp/call from someone(who said they from TM call centre) inquiring what package i need to upgrade..

i applied for RM89 - 30mbps..

The agent require me to

1) ws him IC photo
2) RM100 advance payment required(to be deducted from first bill)

anyone can  help clarify?? TM will contact user through this channel ?
No. Last time sign up no upfront payment. So better do it at TMPoint.
YoungMan
post May 23 2020, 11:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,394 posts

QUOTE(neuro4869 @ May 23 2020, 07:13 AM)
If i want to temporarily upgrade from 30MBPS RM89 to 100MBPS RM129(for 6 months later study/work from home), means that i need to renew the 2 years contract?

Btw, what's the fees for termination fees for unifi right now? Last I heard was about RM500 flat rate, now is it I have to pay the remainder of my entire contract? If so, that's kind of a dick move by TM
There is no such thing as temporary upgrade. Once you upgrade, your contract will renew and you have to stay for 2 years before you can downgrade back. And downgrade will renew another 2 years contract.
Downgrade of package during contract will also incur penalty fee.
YoungMan
post May 31 2020, 07:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,394 posts

QUOTE(ideaplus @ May 31 2020, 06:09 PM)
Sorry for stupid question. Is it true new installed fibre service will be offer to streamyx user or tm customer in 1st priorty? As i noticed DP already installed at my opposite neighbor's pole, and i try to ask some agent regarding the package. One of them told me this situation. TM will "hold" even no streamyx user apply unifi packages. Does this true?
Once you saw DP already installed, it's time to quickly head to nearest TMPoint and register. For newly installed area, usually your address is not yet updated in the system, hence sometimes some agent may tell you that there is no coverage yet. But if you go to TMPoint they can process your application.

8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1836sec    0.22    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:58 PM