Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Grab Driver Discussion V5 (2019 & 2020), Info and FAQ

views

peigeng
post Jan 19 2019, 12:59 PM

On my way
641 posts

I need your advice.
I am currently jobless .i am 30 years old with 2 year old child and my wife is a housewife.
Planning to either rent a stall in a kopitiam to sell noodles or become a grab driver.
I have saving where I can maintain at least 1year of current standard of living .

Can anyone share with me which is a better choice?

This post has been edited by peigeng: Jan 19 2019, 12:59 PM
d-realm
post Jan 19 2019, 01:06 PM

25 posts

QUOTE(cktang @ Jan 19 2019, 10:06 AM)
Yep berbaloi but grabbing not gred 5w 40 better for more heat resistances??

Soh*i only dun wan GP, with the promo 1 even better coz the fare eventually quite higher.
i using 5w-30 since 120,000km... now 160,000km

this package so nice for all driver even no status can enjoy biggrin.gif
Skwoon123
post Jan 19 2019, 01:22 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(peigeng @ Jan 19 2019, 12:59 PM)
I need your advice.
I am currently jobless .i am 30 years old with 2 year old child and my wife is a housewife.
Planning to either rent a stall in a kopitiam to sell noodles or become a grab driver.
I have saving where I can maintain at least 1year of current standard of living .

Bro, how about doing both, morning sell noodle afternoon till nite grabbing. Win win situation...
skylinelover
post Jan 19 2019, 01:28 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(Jesse0916 @ Jan 19 2019, 12:58 PM)

worked as part time driver since 2 years ago.
Become full time driver 1 month ago.

Total: 401 trips  cool2.gif

Just continue driving

Eventually the 1 star will sink down faster laugh.gif rclxms.gif
Tigerr
post Jan 19 2019, 01:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,026 posts

I need your advice.

Sell noodle is better
d-realm
post Jan 19 2019, 01:45 PM

25 posts

QUOTE(Skwoon123 @ Jan 19 2019, 01:22 PM)
Bro, how about doing both, morning sell noodle afternoon till nite grabbing. Win win situation...
morning do grab nite sell noodle better

morning grab demand higher, nite noodle demand also higher tongue.gif
forever1979
post Jan 19 2019, 02:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,716 posts

I need your advice.

crap is always a good part time, drive as you like

too risky u call it a career

anytime u will be banned for many reasons... complaints from riders, cancellation, accidents etc

zinglicious
post Jan 19 2019, 02:39 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(d-realm @ Jan 19 2019, 02:45 PM)
morning do grab nite sell noodle better

morning grab demand higher, nite noodle demand also higher  tongue.gif
Investment in setting up noddle stall is low and payout is is stable and could be limitless. And you dun get banana unless your food stall is dirty. rclxms.gif

I dun think it is feasible to be grabbing and cooking siang malam. tongue.gif

July 2nd
post Jan 19 2019, 02:40 PM

27 posts

QUOTE(birdman8 @ Jan 19 2019, 12:33 PM)
Why mandarin grabcar driver Facebook always cursing their own race  riders? Because of this Chinese guys or women, our rating down this and that and the Chinese riders don’t appreciate the service? In particular Chinese female riders.

From my own experience, they are not best but not the worse group of riders either. Other than few aunties who were very particular in every small aspect of our service, I basically have no issue with them.

I am referring to local cannis and not prc.
Maybe you look like Captain America or Thor? laugh.gif

Most of the time the young and pretty one act dumb, they're not the worst but very arrogant. Maybe you see them hot then you don't care?
birdman8
post Jan 19 2019, 03:25 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(July 2nd @ Jan 19 2019, 02:40 PM)
Maybe you look like Captain America or Thor? laugh.gif

Most of the time the young and pretty one act dumb, they're not the worst but very arrogant.  Maybe you see them hot then you don't care?
I only fetched low percentage of Chinese female riders which I deem hot or attractive. Most of them look so so only in my opinion.
birdman8
post Jan 19 2019, 03:36 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

I need your advice.

Just go ahead register grab car. No charge currently but we need to pay certain amount for PSV, Puspakom inspection starting July this year.

Test Drive few hours selectively as and when you like just to get the taste of it. No harm of trying. Tak suka, then stop.
yhtan
post Jan 19 2019, 03:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

QUOTE(AskarPerang @ Jan 19 2019, 02:35 AM)
Most passengers will just rate 1 star without leaving any comment.
If the grabshare experience really sucks. Such as first passenger pick up, kena match twice, and last drop off. A trip suppose to take 45 mins end up becoming 1 hour 45min. But serve such cheapskate passenger right!!!
Must comment in order to give one star, actually to shut off GS for rating is a better choice, leave feedback enough. Driver has suffer a lot of rating drop because of GS consequence for making them late.

QUOTE(birdman8 @ Jan 19 2019, 12:33 PM)
Why mandarin grabcar driver Facebook always cursing their own race  riders? Because of this Chinese guys or women, our rating down this and that and the Chinese riders don’t appreciate the service? In particular Chinese female riders.

From my own experience, they are not best but not the worse group of riders either. Other than few aunties who were very particular in every small aspect of our service, I basically have no issue with them.

I am referring to local cannis and not prc.
Some chinese is arrogant and demanding one, pay money and expect they are king. They love report to grab for minor issue and make driver suspended. Somewhere got some is princess type, ask u wait wait wait.

I mean as a driver i know in general, malay is much friendlier and nicer.

I need your advice.

Go sell noodle, grab is not a good full time job now. The earning is getting lower and lower. Most of us doing part time only.

This post has been edited by yhtan: Jan 19 2019, 05:13 PM
cktang
post Jan 19 2019, 05:18 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

So far chinese chic are good riders for me, some pretty like nose heading up but actually they're ok. The other day fetched 2 perfume promoters from midvalley to kuchai avenue. Black t shirt with short white skirt, dun know I tired or what until wrongly naik mex, aduh 7km become 13km. I thought they're arrogant but nearly arrived time 1 of them break the ice tell me the way with sweet voice. I keep saying sorry and they reply doesnt matter, rating never drop..bad riders fot me are i*d**n aunties (sorry fellow macha grabbers).
peigeng
post Jan 19 2019, 05:28 PM

On my way
641 posts

Thanks guys for all your opinion.
July 2nd
post Jan 19 2019, 05:29 PM

27 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Jan 19 2019, 03:36 PM)
Must comment in order to give one star, actually to shut off GS for rating is a better choice, leave feedback enough. Driver has suffer a lot of rating drop because of GS consequence for making them late.
Some chinese is arrogant and demanding one, pay money and expect they are king. They love report to grab for minor issue and make driver suspended. Somewhere got some is princess type, ask u wait wait wait.
For me, the worst is middle east and Indians followed by ma prens and Chinese. Arrogant, demanding and no manners.
river.sand
post Jan 19 2019, 08:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

I need your advice.

If you have the necessary skills, selling noodle is better.
If you don't, you can do Grab while looking for a new job.
Grabtology
post Jan 19 2019, 08:30 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Jan 16 2019, 09:41 AM)
By looking at it, u earning about RM1000 after all the expenses

RM1000 / 120 hrs = RM8.3 per hr

That is just at minimum wages level leh sweat.gif
QUOTE(chrnosx @ Jan 16 2019, 09:57 AM)
An office job or customer support jobs pay better with good hours but if you are happy to drive then that's great too. You should consider driving a taxi as you have chosen to be a driver as a career. You will earn way more than doing what you are doing for Grab. Its the same concept with much more advantage. The calculation is correct, you never factor in insurance, new regulation etc.
Hahaha ya earning peanut now, but in exchange, I get to spend time according to how I plan it biggrin.gif no more having to work from home during some crisis, or stay at work until midnight to finish project

Yeah I see nowadays call center jobs offering more than 4k also, but it doesn't come with the flexibility of time which I value most now

QUOTE(river.sand @ Jan 16 2019, 09:55 AM)
Thanks for your calculation.
We can ignore cancellation fee, but bonus can be substantial.
It's hard to forecast bonus amount. Maybe we can assume an average equal to 15% of fare?

If you have good business idea, maybe we can work together  wink.gif
No business idea biggrin.gif actually got a lot business idea, but as my wife say, they are unrealistic and very likely will fail within 1 month biggrin.gif

We are going to take February off entirely, travel a bit (already got plans for Hanoi, not sure about other places), then resume in March. We want to fix up one of our flat unit to do Airbnb, that's about it for "business idea"

I read a couple posts above got someone wants to open food stall. Maybe I'll give that a try in March, like, drive half day then sell food halfday, maybe when stall got steady business can hire worker to handle it while I go back to Grab full time or just do something else entirely
Grabtology
post Jan 19 2019, 08:39 PM

0 posts

I need your advice.

Hi,

I started driving full time since January 1. As many people pointed out, what I'm earning is like minimum wage, which is fine for me because I value time flexibility more at the moment

If you are going to drive 8 hours a day and at least 5 days a week, then a proper job will be better because you got a family to raise. Just Grab part time and keep looking for job

Thank you for the idea though. I want to give the food stall idea a try in March. Half day Grab half day food stall

Where are you located at? I'm staying in Subang
ikanair
post Jan 19 2019, 08:51 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

I need your advice.

GRAB Driver - you work very hard, keep improving your driving skill, know all the road by heart and can skip jam without waze, provide super service with a smile
after sometime, most of your riders rate you 5 star and some even post instagram/fb you're the best
but ..............
you'll get paid at the same cheapo rate as a newbie driver
you're can be terminated by GRAB any time
your pay rate can be changed anytime by GRAB
all your experience/hard work/skill/knowledge is worth exactly a big fat ZERO

Noodle seller - you work very hard, keep improving the way you cook noodles, taste, texture, smell and presentation
after sometime people line up on your shop and post instagram/fb you're the best
then.....
you can upgrade to own shop
your price can follow inflation
you can employ people cook for you
all your experience/hard work/skill/knowledge is worth a LOT
SUSdestiny6
post Jan 19 2019, 09:02 PM

Enthusiast
817 posts

I need your advice.

Sell noodle better la......if drive Grab, I suggest you go work KFC full time,can bring back from fried chicken to your family, Grab nowadays earning also not enough you to buy a bucket berbaloi for your family after long working hour and maintenance cost

QUOTE(Skwoon123 @ Jan 19 2019, 01:22 PM)
Confirm cannot la.....think so easy meh, need prepare ingredients itself also need takes half day liao

404 Pages « < 22 23 24 25 26 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0164sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:57 PM