Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Grab Driver Discussion V5 (2019 & 2020), Info and FAQ

views

river.sand
post Jan 4 2019, 02:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,725 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Jan 4 2019, 11:22 AM)
Even MV heading towards Salak highway, if turn right to OKR, polis also saman because of double lane.
It is funny that road signs from MV actually point to this way to OKR.
river.sand
post Jan 4 2019, 07:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,725 posts

QUOTE(tankx3 @ Jan 4 2019, 06:08 PM)
Over here in jb peak hours ping still ok..
This few weekdays about gross 30-35 per hour
But evening heavy traffic.. (TBB haven’t truly reflect)

If rider wanna change destination, where to click on their app?

Click on the destination on the map.
river.sand
post Jan 5 2019, 12:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,725 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Jan 5 2019, 12:22 PM)
the case at Penang, according to JPJ explanation is driver is not allow to camp at arrival lane as it will cause congestion.
Penang Airport no queueing system like KLIA?
river.sand
post Jan 5 2019, 10:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,725 posts

QUOTE(destiny6 @ Jan 5 2019, 09:20 PM)
you need to understand that small airport where got big landslide area like KLIA for waiting......lucky KLIA2 is near KLIA else no waiting area also  laugh.gif
There was queue system for KLIA/2 even before the airport designated Landside as waiting area for drivers.
river.sand
post Jan 6 2019, 09:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,725 posts

QUOTE(cktang @ Jan 6 2019, 07:43 PM)
Klia queue 2hrs++ for rm65 worth meh??
Today another lousy day, super hot weather, low fare plus low ping, 0 bonus. What happen lah?? petrol price go down all decided drive sendiri kah?? If continue like this no point taking the psv ady, i'll quit by 30-06-2019.
My experience was different.
I started at 4:30pm. Ping non-stop (b2b on). Traffic was smooth even at Jalan Imbi & Jalan Bukit Bintang.
All but one short trip had no bonus, but this was expected.

These few days weather very bad. Everyone takes care of your health.

river.sand
post Jan 7 2019, 10:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,725 posts

QUOTE(Ron2828 @ Jan 7 2019, 10:01 AM)
fellow drivers,

while grabbing this morning,my car has been knocked from the back by a honda city.i went down to examine the damage,since the exterior of my car is fine and the car owner apologized,I just let her go.

now I realized my car reverse sensor has been damaged.all I have is her plate number(I foolishly didnt take her phone number).based on plate number,am I able to track her down to ask for compensation?
You may try to viral the plate number on FB. But then she could just deny it, unless you go to report police.
river.sand
post Jan 9 2019, 06:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,725 posts

QUOTE(d-realm @ Jan 8 2019, 10:11 PM)
Last time peak hour in KL, set MD sure get trip back out... now can sleep for 1 hour sad.gif
If you are to wait 1 hour, might as well turn off MD, complete one job, then go home.
river.sand
post Jan 9 2019, 09:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,725 posts

Any of you guys planning your post-Grab life?

What new jobs are you eyeing? Maybe we can work together smile.gif
river.sand
post Jan 10 2019, 10:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,725 posts

QUOTE(shyghost @ Jan 10 2019, 09:38 AM)
This CNY will not be lucrative like last time... All drivers will drive. Riders balik kampong. KV will be deserted by rider only grab car drive around looking for riders... More supply than demand so bangau the whole long holiday. Whatodo... desperate times!

What are your rationale behind these claims hmm.gif
river.sand
post Jan 10 2019, 11:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,725 posts

QUOTE(bcombat @ Jan 10 2019, 10:27 AM)
lots of Malay driver will be online during cny
traffic smooth by the way
Even Malays went travel in the past CNY.

I drove along NSE from KL to Perak. When stuck in jam, I looked around. There were more Malays than Chinese.
river.sand
post Jan 14 2019, 06:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,725 posts

QUOTE(bojed @ Jan 14 2019, 01:50 AM)
No TBB at all for me today.

What a day 😫
Important thing is how much you earn, not how much tbb you get.

If high fare + smooth traffic, no tbb is ok.
river.sand
post Jan 14 2019, 01:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,725 posts

QUOTE(b4sh88 @ Jan 14 2019, 12:46 PM)
I agree. Usually if i lepak around klcc during afternoon rush hour, i will get at least 1 premium ping to mont kiara or bangsar. Nowadays for 6 days  straight i did not get even 1 ping!!
You park inside KLCC? Parking very expensive yo...
river.sand
post Jan 15 2019, 09:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,725 posts

I had the vainest rider today...

The PUP was at a condo. The rider messaged me to come to Block A. Block A was just behind the guard house, but the rider was reluctant to walk a few more steps.

After waited for a few minutes, the rider came. She was a mapren lady spotting fiery red hair. Her dress was kinda unusual, but I do not know how to describe it.

She took selfie before getting into my car doh.gif

She took the front seat. Immediately she asked me to lower the air-cond temperature, as "Malaysia is very hot". I asked her where she came from. She replied, "Nigeria."

She asked to borrow my phone charger. I had a power bank, so I let her used it.

Then, she lowered the car window, and look at herself in the rear view mirror doh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by river.sand: Jan 15 2019, 09:47 PM
river.sand
post Jan 16 2019, 09:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,725 posts

QUOTE(Grabtology @ Jan 16 2019, 08:52 AM)
EDITED: forgot to count credit top up biggrin.gif

I started driving Jan 1, so I can share a bit of recent math with you biggrin.gif

My initial goal was to drive 20 days in a month, each day target revenue RM 150 within 6 hours, so that should give me RM3k revenue in a month

Since I'm doing full Auto Accept, commission is 20%, so 3k minus 20% = RM2.4k

Average each day driving distance in 6 hours will be 220KM (including during trip and when not on trip). My car petrol consumption is about RM50+- for 320KM+-, depends on current petrol price also, but let's just call it RM50 for 320KM.

220KM times 20 days = 4400KM a month
4400KM divided by 320KM = 13.75 (lets just call it 14 times of put petrol)
14 times RM50 = RM700

TnG reload, since toll fee will be collected from passenger so it cancels itself out, so I don't count it.

I plan to set aside some money for rainy days and maintenance, so let's call it RM1k a month

So far the theoretical math works out to be:

Revenue = 3k
Cost for commission = 600
Cost for petrol = 700
Planned savings for rainy days or fixes = 1k

Net income = 3k minus 2.3k = RM 700

But of course real world math a bit different biggrin.gif for example, I'm actually getting RM170 to RM190 total fares a day on 6 to 7 hours of driving, maintaining below 230KM driving distance a day. Petrol price also cheaper now.

Bonus and cancellation fee will not be deducted for commission.

So yeah, hopefully it's a good enough reference for you

ADDITIONAL INFO:
- We don't have car loans or housing loan
- My wife earns way more than me
- I quit my job because it took too much time away from spending with her, so doing Grab is perfect as I can spend more time with her at our choosing, and still not be totally broke ass
- If any decent job opportunity come along, I'll still go for it, because employer contribution for EPF is nothing to scoff at
Thanks for your calculation.
We can ignore cancellation fee, but bonus can be substantial.
It's hard to forecast bonus amount. Maybe we can assume an average equal to 15% of fare?

If you have good business idea, maybe we can work together wink.gif

river.sand
post Jan 19 2019, 08:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,725 posts

QUOTE(peigeng @ Jan 19 2019, 12:59 PM)
I need your advice.
I am currently jobless .i am 30 years old with 2 year old child and my wife is a housewife.
Planning to either rent a stall in a kopitiam to sell noodles or become a grab driver.
I have saving where I can maintain at least 1year of current standard of living .

Can anyone share with me which is a better choice?
If you have the necessary skills, selling noodle is better.
If you don't, you can do Grab while looking for a new job.
river.sand
post Jan 21 2019, 11:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,725 posts

QUOTE(jackal_x2005 @ Jan 21 2019, 10:10 AM)
last night, picked up 3 pax from Saujana Apartment in Damansara Damai to an apartment in Kota Damansara, with fare RM13.

Once almost reach, they suddenly ask me to stop at nearby mamak with reason to tapau food.

Told them they supposed to use multistop, as it is not fair to the driver. As a courtesy, i stop at the mamak shop, and man, that is the worst decision ever!

It took of the pax 10 freaking minutes to get back in the car and just said sorry!

I scold the pax for taking too long, and later drop them off without even saying thank you to them. The pax not even paying extra WTH!! Reported to Grab with negative feedback.

Moving forward, if any pax ask me to stop somewhere, I will just say no with stern face. Don't care about rating anymore <end of rant>
Riders asking for stop to tapau food is pretty common.

One time a lady asked to stop at a roadside stall to buy goreng food, which she shared with me. I still remember that was one day before GE14, and she told me to vote PH biggrin.gif

Another time a guy tapau noodle. Before reached there he already called the stall owner to prepare the food, so I didn't wait long.

But there are occasions when the riders were absolutely irritating.

In one occasion a Firefly stewardess stopped to buy food, and I waited like 5 minutes. She probably thought she was high class people and could give me instructions.

river.sand
post Jan 21 2019, 05:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,725 posts

QUOTE(forever1979 @ Jan 21 2019, 05:07 PM)
too many lembu this afternoon.

i rather empty 13km back home from bukit bintang

just complete one trip
More like low demand.
I just online, and am still waiting for 1st job πŸ˜•
river.sand
post Jan 22 2019, 06:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,725 posts

QUOTE(bojed @ Jan 21 2019, 11:43 PM)
This early morning I did something that I haven't done in a very long time. I received a RM5 ping somewhere in Sungai Chua Kajang and I was only 300-400 meters from the PUP. Once arrived, I notified the rider through the app.

The rider tried to call me but my phone automatically blocks any unsaved numbers πŸ˜‚ So I waited for 5 minutes and instantly received RM3 cancellation fee.

Before this I will patrol around the area to find my riders, but this time I couldn't care less. You set it there, I will only wait there. I faced the same issue too the day before that but I went my way to pick up the rider because she was considerate enough to contact me via Grab app chat that she was waiting across the road and the distance from her PUP to her drop off destination was only 250 m. RM5+RM 1 tip πŸ˜‚
Last time I got a pretty Viet girl rider. She spoke Mandarin but probably couldn't write, so she called me.

Don't think you should set your phone to block unsaved number...

river.sand
post Jan 25 2019, 09:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,725 posts

Go-Jek examining whether to come to Malaysia
https://www.thestar.com.my/business/busines...AQSzpgqDQv8g.99
river.sand
post Jan 25 2019, 01:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,725 posts

QUOTE(priaye @ Jan 25 2019, 09:39 AM)
I heard lots of drivers lost hope with Grab. They said no more loyalty to grab as grab always fail them.
With GOJEK coming in I can say, alot of drivers will jump ship.

As for riders no need to worry, riders is always there. Now the importance is drivers. Even GOJEK rates higher but if they have a lot of drivers, riders no choice but to use gojek.

What the use of promo and cheap rates, if no drivers. Wait 30 minutes just to save few bucks. I don't think riders will go for it.

Like My car rates to airport, 55 but still a lot prefer grab 65, why because there are not enough drivers to meet the demand.
In the end, it's money which will determine drivers' choice.

Last time, when Uber was still around, many drivers chose to become Grab ambassadors, despite cursing it kaw kaw.

13 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0359sec    0.43    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th May 2022 - 07:47 PM