Few assholes creating problems..
U don't like, don't subscribed!!
Simple..
nexona88
post Aug 23 2017, 11:56 AM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,832 posts

QUOTE(chuppachop @ Aug 23 2017, 10:25 AM)
From what I heard from a fren from HBO, HBO Malaysia SD / HD is a dedicated feed with all versions of movies edited to Malaysia standards, hence there is no delay what so ever or ad insertions. For this particular incident, it could be a wrong insertion on HBO part or the scene was not edited out by mistake.
Wait..
U mean HBO do all the editing??
All this time, I tot is astro doing all the stuff...

Well if follow HBO standard. No tits shown or pussy is okay.. Even got uuh ahh sound under blankets scene is accepted unlike Malaysian standard.. Straight cut everything bruce.gif
joshhd
post Aug 23 2017, 04:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(chuppachop @ Aug 23 2017, 10:25 AM)
From what I heard from a fren from HBO, HBO Malaysia SD / HD is a dedicated feed with all versions of movies edited to Malaysia standards, hence there is no delay what so ever or ad insertions. For this particular incident, it could be a wrong insertion on HBO part or the scene was not edited out by mistake.
You got a friend work at HBO? Wow...
Can share with us more about all the reasons why HBO is being localise to Malaysia feed? Besides this censoring movie thing, what else?
chuppachop
post Aug 23 2017, 05:13 PM

Enthusiast
950 posts

Astro apparently gives good money to HBO to “lock-in” the HBO and Cinemax channel. For HBO, the movies are sent in advance to astro for censorship vet and astro will provide a cutting list on the cuts required for the HBO Malaysia channel. HBO will edit the movie based on this list and scheduled it on the Malaysia feed channel. So, when the feed then goes direct from Singapore thru astro and direct to viewers home.

Cinemax will still be censored by astro, hence the 1 hour delay. There is no dedicated Cinemax Malaysia feed, hence when the Cinemax movie starts, you can see a sudden Malaysia rating logo animation inserted (with no Cinemax logo) before the actual movie.

This is what I know so far.

sherz88
post Aug 23 2017, 05:47 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

QUOTE(chuppachop @ Aug 23 2017, 05:13 PM)
Astro apparently gives good money to HBO to “lock-in” the HBO and Cinemax channel. For HBO, the movies are sent in advance to astro for censorship vet and astro will provide a cutting list on the cuts required for the HBO Malaysia channel. HBO will edit the movie based on this list and scheduled it on the Malaysia feed channel. So, when the feed then goes direct from Singapore thru astro and direct to viewers home.

Cinemax will still be censored by astro, hence the 1 hour delay. There is no dedicated Cinemax Malaysia feed, hence when the Cinemax movie starts, you can see a sudden Malaysia rating logo animation inserted (with no Cinemax logo) before the actual movie.

Does feeds in singapore also censored like in astro?
chuppachop
post Aug 23 2017, 05:51 PM

Enthusiast
950 posts

QUOTE(sherz88 @ Aug 23 2017, 05:47 PM)
yes, they do, Singapore takes the Asia feed (General censorship feed which excludes Malaysia) .... the movies still gets censored, to a lesser extent.
joshhd
post Aug 23 2017, 06:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(chuppachop @ Aug 23 2017, 05:13 PM)

Can help me ask your friend, since when HBO on Astro becomes Malaysia feed and no longer Asia feed?
And, when is localisation Malaysian feed agreement will ends between between HBO and Astro?
joshhd
post Aug 23 2017, 06:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(sherz88 @ Aug 23 2017, 05:47 PM)
HBO in Singapore uses Asia feed, the same Asia feed as Thailand, Indonesia, and many other SEA countries that provides HBO on their own respective pay TV providers.
HBO Asia do have censorship but only the severe scenes will be censored, such as the "f**k word on the dialogue of a movie.

So if you don't like to watch the Malaysian version of HBO on Astro, you can (illegally) subscribe to other country satellite pay TV providers that provides HBO channel (e.g. Indonesia, Myanmar, etc.), and for sure it will be in Asia feed. But not India (referring to Videocon d2h), where India's censorship is even worst and severe than Malaysia. HBO India is a localised feed, with full of censored movies, making it "super safe" to watch. And also, you will always get to see something like "Smoking Kills" whenever the scene has someone smoking.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Aug 23 2017, 06:17 PM
Anime in HD
post Aug 23 2017, 06:20 PM

Regular
1,473 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Aug 23 2017, 02:33 AM)
Those channels are exclusive on Astro Go/Njoi Now platform only.

Both MTV Asia and Animax on Astro is not transmitting in actual 16:9 video. It is still actually in 4:3 video, but without letterbox. So when you watch on your HDTV, it will look like it is in proper shape.
But on Astro Go, you will see that it is in 4:3 shape, so you need to change the video size/aspect ratio options manually.
[attachmentid=9071736]
Astro GO in v8.1.60 cannot change aspect ratio for SD channel. Why they remove also i don't know.. doh.gif sad.gif
nexona88
post Aug 23 2017, 06:36 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,832 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Aug 23 2017, 06:15 PM)
HBO in Singapore uses Asia feed, the same Asia feed as Thailand, Indonesia, and many other SEA countries that provides HBO on their own respective pay TV providers.
HBO Asia do have censorship but only the severe scenes will be censored, such as the "f**k word on the dialogue of a movie.

So if you don't like to watch the Malaysian version of HBO on Astro, you can (illegally) subscribe to other country satellite pay TV providers that provides HBO channel (e.g. Indonesia, Myanmar, etc.), and for sure it will be in Asia feed. But not India (referring to Videocon d2h), where India's censorship is even worst and severe than Malaysia. HBO India is a localised feed, with full of censored movies, making it "super safe" to watch. And also, you will always get to see something like "Smoking Kills" whenever the scene has someone smoking.
Hahah
Don't forget drinking alcohol scene too..
Got warning too tongue.gif
Really disturbing our focus when watching movies..
chuppachop
post Aug 23 2017, 06:58 PM

Enthusiast
950 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Aug 23 2017, 06:15 PM)

OK sure, let me ask..... BTW, I know for dialogue wif the F word, HBO replaces the word (audio insert) wif another safer word.... I noticed the same also done by FOX Movies n FOX Action Movies
chuppachop
post Aug 23 2017, 06:59 PM

Enthusiast
950 posts

QUOTE(Anime in HD @ Aug 23 2017, 06:20 PM)
Astro GO in v8.1.60 cannot change aspect ratio for SD channel. Why they remove also i don't know.. doh.gif sad.gif
I dun understand ..... So the MTV Asia in astro is a zoomed in image of the 4:3 letterbox video?? So it's a fake 16:9 impression?
nexona88
post Aug 23 2017, 07:04 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,832 posts

QUOTE(Anime in HD @ Aug 23 2017, 06:20 PM)
Go report astro online...
Nowadays simply anything just report..
Just like the HBO movie channel thingy...
joshhd
post Aug 23 2017, 07:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(chuppachop @ Aug 23 2017, 06:59 PM)
I dun understand ..... So the MTV Asia in astro is a zoomed in image of the 4:3 letterbox video?? So it's a fake 16:9 impression?
The actual video aspect ratio of MTV channel on Astro:
Attached Image

But when you watch it on your HDTV (16:9 TV), it will look like it is displayed correctly:
Attached Image

Now you understand? Actually, Mediacorp also doing this. On digital TV platform, if you watch the SD version of Channel 5, 8... from their side, the video is 16:9, but when the actual video is 4:3. In other words, 4:3 but without letterbox.

You can say that the reason why they do this, because the international standard for Standard Definition video are meant to be 4:3 only. So if the content is in 16:9, either you choose to display letterbox so that it will display in correct shape on old CRT 4:3 TVs, or "force" to make it fit to screen (no letterbox) so that regardless of what kind of TVs you watch, you shall see fit to screen image (if your display settings is "Fit to screen").

But because the video itself is 4:3 even if the content is originally in 16:9 shape, you might see pillarbox if your display mode is "show pillarbox on 4:3 video", which it will look like this:
Attached Image

So... Hmmm, aspect ratio is a very complicated technical thing to digest, especially for non-tech savvy users.
joshhd
post Aug 23 2017, 07:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(chuppachop @ Aug 23 2017, 06:58 PM)
OK sure, let me ask.....  BTW, I know for dialogue wif the F word, HBO replaces the word (audio insert) wif another safer word....  I noticed the same also done by FOX Movies n FOX Action Movies
Besides HBO, do you have friends that work at Fox Networks Group too? I also want to know why Discovery Channel and TLC is being localised to Malaysia feed instead of Asia feed.... hmm.gif
XypherionID
post Aug 23 2017, 08:46 PM

Getting Started
192 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Aug 23 2017, 05:15 PM)
Fox Movies (along with its sister channels) also did the same, but also mutes words/cut scenes that depicts sexual activities, too.
Like for example, you can't say the word 'j*rk *ff' or 'b*nging' on a romantic comedy movie. If a character is homosexual, you can't say 'g*y' either. No MxM kissing either.
(Because they're afraid they might exist. Or worse, they might accept it.)
TSskylinelover
post Aug 24 2017, 08:42 AM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

Haha this censorship is nothing new since i already knew cuts started in sg first

When i rewatched the same movie in DVD fui yoh brows.gif brows.gif Decapacitation sex and foul languages inside laugh.gif laugh.gif Disscovered while i ngam ngam 18 at the rise of the bittortent year hahahaha

This post has been edited by skylinelover: Aug 24 2017, 08:43 AM
nexona88
post Aug 24 2017, 08:45 AM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,832 posts

Asia or Malaysia feeds..
Its always have some level of censorship..
U want to watch full version.. Online is your choice..
joshhd
post Aug 24 2017, 09:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Aug 24 2017, 08:45 AM)
Asia or Malaysia feeds..
Its always have some level of censorship..
U want to watch full version.. Online is your choice..
No lor... Censorship for Malaysia feed is worst than Asia feed lor...
Malaysia one is all follow according to our LPF (Lembaga Penapisan Filem - Film Censorship Board) one.

Thats why, Astro got too much money dunno where to spend, so spend on censorship (by having HBO Malaysia), and we pay for it. Stupid, right?
TSskylinelover
post Aug 24 2017, 11:04 AM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Aug 24 2017, 09:11 AM)
No lor... Censorship for Malaysia feed is worst than Asia feed lor...
Malaysia one is all follow according to our LPF (Lembaga Penapisan Filem - Film Censorship Board) one.

Thats why, Astro got too much money dunno where to spend, so spend on censorship (by having HBO Malaysia), and we pay for it. Stupid, right?
I feel your pain mang doh.gif shakehead.gif

213 Pages « < 133 134 135 136 137 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0163sec    0.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:14 PM