Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New user registrations disabled until further notice.

Bump TopicClosed TopicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> astro byond V13

helob
post Apr 17 2018, 05:01 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(joshhd @ Apr 16 2018, 11:09 AM)
You know how to align the dish? Do note that I will not hold responsible if any undesirable cases occur (e.g. you adjust till the point you lose signal, or signal becomes worse than it is, etc.)
But actually, Astro's satellite signal is very strong and it is considered very easy to adjust, so it shouldn't be a big issue.

But then, do check the condition of the cable and the connector port. If it seems okay, then proceed to align the dish.

1) I recommend you tune any of these channels before begin aligning your dish, which are 411, 391, 702, 701, 327, 413. It doesn't matter whether you subscribed to it or not.
2) Once you tuned to any of those channels, go home>Settings>STB Diagnostics, and then go "Tuner" tab.
user posted image
3) Ask someone to monitor the Strength % reading on Tuner 1 for you while aligning the dish. (unless you can see the Strength reading on your TV screen while adjusting your dish by your ownself)

Before you begin, perhaps you can start it easy by turning the LNB skew. If turning the LNB skew doesn't increases the Strength % reading, then only you align the dish. Just loosen the nut a little bit, enough for the dish can be moved will do. Don't need to loosen it until entire nut comes out (unless you want to dismantle your dish, lol). And then, align the dish by moving it left/right/top/bottom position slowly, move bit by bit. Satellite signal are sensitive, as either you get signal easily, or lose signal easily. So don't need to move too much at once, but in case you really lose the signal entirely (Strength 0%) while aligning, you can adjust it back one, don't worry.

Do try your best to make Strength reading goes as high as possible while aligning. Let say you adjust until 80%, do continue align, and then it shows 85%, continue align again, suddenly it drops to 70%, so you align back to the position you get 85% earlier. (Just like doing manual focus on your DSLR camera). Once you get highest reading possible, make sure the Strength reading maintains and does not drop while you are screwing all the nuts tightly. Done, and congrats, you are now an Astro installer/technician. Haha  biggrin.gif

Remember, safety first (if your dish is installed at your home's rooftop).
Hi joshhd,

Lately I am getting pixeling occasionally. Pic/sound just break up momentarily. I suspected its related to signal strength.
I followed your earlier instruction of Home>Settings>STB Diagnostic>Tuner Tab>Transponder scan
The channel that I was using is Channel 1 M3 VL-10982 Locked Strength 66% only. The scan list show 13 M3A VL-12276 Strength 77% the highest. So I changed the Entry Point in Installation Settings Entry Point by selecting 13 M3A VH-12276.
However when I Goto Home>Settings>STB Diagnostic>Tuner Tab , it show
xxxxxxConnection Infoxxxx
Line [511]: SAT:11682 Mhz V/L Locked
xxx Tner Diagnostic Info xxx
--No Info Available--
Question: Why is the connection on 11682 Mz instead of 12276 Mz that I have selected?

For Aligning the Dish, you indicated "Before you begin, perhaps you can start it easy by turning the LNB skew."
How to you turn the LNB skew? Where is the LNB skew?

Thank You.

joshhd
post Apr 17 2018, 06:49 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(helob @ Apr 17 2018, 05:01 PM)
Hi joshhd,

Lately I am getting pixeling occasionally. Pic/sound just break up momentarily. I suspected its related to signal strength.
I followed your earlier instruction of Home>Settings>STB Diagnostic>Tuner Tab>Transponder scan
The channel that I was using is Channel 1 M3 VL-10982 Locked Strength 66% only. The scan list show 13 M3A VL-12276 Strength 77% the highest. So I changed the Entry Point in Installation Settings Entry Point by selecting 13 M3A VH-12276.
However when I Goto Home>Settings>STB Diagnostic>Tuner Tab , it show
xxxxxxConnection Infoxxxx
Line [511]: SAT:11682 Mhz V/L Locked
xxx Tner Diagnostic Info xxx
--No Info Available--
Question: Why is the connection on 11682 Mz instead of 12276 Mz that I have selected?

For Aligning the Dish, you indicated "Before you begin, perhaps you can start it easy by turning the LNB skew."

Thank You.
All transponder frequencies you see on Transponder Scan (except the 4 frequencies I mentioned on previous post) should have at least 70% and above, or if possible, 80% and above. If any of the frequencies you see on Transponder Scan is lower than 70%, that means your dish is not properly aligned. As for your case, 66% on 10982MHz and 77% on 12276MHz means your dish is still not properly aligned. You will experience occasional signal dropouts, and your signal will lost sooner during heavy rains compared to those who got their signal 80% and above.

Actually you don't need to bother to change entry point settings. Remember to change back to original setting by selecting the 1st option at Satellite Settings, which is "M3B 10732MHz VL" one. Set it, then leave it. Don't need to change that setting. Don't get confused with the entry point settings with stronger signal reading you get on 12276MHz, and no need to go Satellite Settings there to change any settings.

Because the channel 511 (CNN) is on the satellite frequency of 11682MHz, so your Astro box somehow tunes to 11682Mhz to receive the channel. That's how satellite TV works, lel.

user posted image
Loosen the screws, and then turn the entire LNB.
On your Astro dish; with the "astro" logo facing to your face, make sure it is facing between 3 o clock to 4 o clock.
Or, on the top view of your Astro dish, make sure it faces to the correction direction, just like the picture above.
loon23
post Apr 17 2018, 07:23 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(joshhd @ Apr 17 2018, 02:41 PM)
Congrats... So what's the Strength reading you got now?
And, do you find it easy to adjust?
73% only. easy but hard to adjust till hit 80% strength
nexona88
post Apr 17 2018, 08:26 PM

VIP Club House

Anything above 70% strength is good enough..
Better if can hit 80% or 90% 💪
skylinelover
post Apr 18 2018, 07:40 AM

Pro Racing Kakis😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎Investor

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Apr 17 2018, 08:26 PM)
Anything above 70% strength is good enough..
Better if can hit 80% or 90% 💪
Haha mine 99%😄
nexona88
post Apr 18 2018, 10:34 AM

VIP Club House

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Apr 18 2018, 07:40 AM)
Haha mine 99%😄
Like seriously?
Many only get around 90% only 😑

loon23
post Apr 18 2018, 12:26 PM

Getting Started

Haha mine 99%😄
wah . 99 % ? how to achieve that
nexona88
post Apr 18 2018, 04:43 PM

VIP Club House

was wondering too..

how the hell to get 99%?

normally the best I see around 90% only blush.gif
helob
post Apr 18 2018, 04:46 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(joshhd @ Apr 17 2018, 06:49 PM)
All transponder frequencies you see on Transponder Scan (except the 4 frequencies I mentioned on previous post) should have at least 70% and above, or if possible, 80% and above. If any of the frequencies you see on Transponder Scan is lower than 70%, that means your dish is not properly aligned. As for your case, 66% on 10982MHz and 77% on 12276MHz means your dish is still not properly aligned. You will experience occasional signal dropouts, and your signal will lost sooner during heavy rains compared to those who got their signal 80% and above.

Actually you don't need to bother to change entry point settings. Remember to change back to original setting by selecting the 1st option at Satellite Settings, which is "M3B 10732MHz VL" one. Set it, then leave it. Don't need to change that setting. Don't get confused with the entry point settings with stronger signal reading you get on 12276MHz, and no need to go Satellite Settings there to change any settings.

Because the channel 511 (CNN) is on the satellite frequency of 11682MHz, so your Astro box somehow tunes to 11682Mhz to receive the channel. That's how satellite TV works, lel.
user posted image
On your Astro dish; with the "astro" logo facing to your face, make sure it is facing between 3 o clock to 4 o clock.
Or, on the top view of your Astro dish, make sure it faces to the correction direction, just like the picture above.
I will try as per your excellent and clear instruction.
Will report back results as soon as I have chance to make the adjustment.
Thank you for your help .
JuneResources
post Apr 18 2018, 10:45 PM

ONE Stop Solutions Resources

QUOTE(loon23 @ Apr 16 2018, 10:25 AM)
they want to charge me rm65 to send technician n check .
i think terminate the astro is better
HAHA!! rclxms.gif

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Apr 16 2018, 11:33 AM)
+1

Hahaha
Better terminated the service..
Teach astro lesson..
astro will learn this lesson?
Definitely not! As long as Ansa broadcast haven't publish yet.

JuneResources
post Apr 18 2018, 10:47 PM

Haha mine 99%😄
I guess you might stay on the condo highest floor. Am I right?

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Apr 18 2018, 10:34 AM)
Like seriously?
Many only get around 90% only 😑
Same as mine, only achieve 90%.
Sometimes cloud or moon or sun passing, signal slightly drop. laugh.gif
nexona88
post Apr 18 2018, 11:06 PM

VIP Club House

QUOTE(JuneResources @ Apr 18 2018, 10:45 PM)
astro will learn this lesson?
Definitely not! As long as Ansa broadcast haven't publish yet.
what's happening?
No news / info at all..
they still on or cancel the plan...

QUOTE(JuneResources @ Apr 18 2018, 10:47 PM)
Same as mine, only achieve 90%.
Sometimes cloud or moon or sun passing, signal slightly drop.  laugh.gif
hahaha
join the club..
have cloud, sure signal dropped.. but not much.. just few percent only.. still 80%+ biggrin.gif

skylinelover
post Apr 19 2018, 07:42 AM

Pro Racing Kakis😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎Investor

QUOTE(JuneResources @ Apr 18 2018, 10:47 PM)
I guess you might stay on the condo highest floor. Am I right?
yah laugh.gif

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Apr 18 2018, 11:06 PM)
what's happening?
No news / info at all..
no news doh.gif
nexona88
post Apr 19 2018, 07:54 AM

VIP Club House

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Apr 19 2018, 07:42 AM)
yah laugh.gif
no news doh.gif
Many are waiting for more info...
Seems like very slow...
Wonder what's the plan Ansa has for Malaysian 💪
helob
post Apr 19 2018, 12:58 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(joshhd @ Apr 17 2018, 06:49 PM)

user posted image
Hi joshhd,
I tried aligning the dish by tuning/making adjustment in the following order.
1) LNB skew 2) Elevation [Vertical rotation] 3) Azimut [Horizontal rotation]
TV is tuned to Channel 702 and Satellite Settings entry point is at option 1 which is M3 VL-10982 ( not M3B 10732MHz VL as you indicated ) ( I have only HD and no PVR ).
There is no improvement after making adjustment to above. The highest strength I can get is at 67-68%, which is the same before adjustment.(Old settings are still the best)
What should I do next? Change the cable and or LBN unit? What quality cable should I get?
How often should the cable and or LNB be change with dish mounted on roof?
As a matter of interest, why select Satellite Settings entry point option 1 whereas there are other options which show higher signal strength as showed in the STBDiagnostic scan? What is the effect of selecting different entry point in the satellite Settings under LBN?
Thank you and looking forward to your expert advise.

JuneResources
post Apr 19 2018, 03:50 PM

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Apr 18 2018, 11:06 PM)
what's happening?
No news / info at all..
hahaha
join the club..
have cloud, sure signal dropped.. but not much.. just few percent only.. still 80%+  biggrin.gif
Maybe bird passing will affect the signal.. Haha!!

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Apr 19 2018, 07:42 AM)
yah laugh.gif
no news doh.gif
End up afraid just shiok sendiri..
dannielshazmeer
post Apr 21 2018, 12:54 AM

Casual

why astro speedtest in VOD slow ?
Anime in HD
post Apr 21 2018, 07:22 PM

Regular

QUOTE(dannielshazmeer @ Apr 21 2018, 12:54 AM)
why astro speedtest in VOD slow ?
Me get average 5mbps when do speedtest VOD PVR.
Download speed stable 20mbps.

How fast your internet speed if astro use server cap ayam. Still slow... laugh.gif
Mov_freak
post Apr 22 2018, 08:29 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
Group: Moderator

Dear All

This topic has more then 2.5K post. We have a policy of closing down topic that exceed this number.

I have asked the original forumer is he wants to start v14, he has decline and is offering anyone who is interested to start v14 to do so.

So feel free to open astro byond V14.

I will close this topic after this posting

Please be advise

Bump TopicClosed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0808sec    1.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th May 2018 - 07:16 AM