24 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

astro byond V13

views

joshhd
post Dec 24 2016, 12:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Dec 24 2016, 12:42 AM)
Hello and welcome to the Astro B.yond thread, hail to all sifus who had contributed to this thread!  rclxms.gif

ANNOUNCEMENT:

The previous decoder will be phased out and subscribers are urged to swap their old decoder to B.yond. The installation is FREE without any condition. Call 1300-82-3838 or tune to channel 200 to swap.

Links to the Previous Thread:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Service Fees:
Astro B.yond HD: Installation fee: FREE HD. HD fee: RM20/month*
Astro B.yond PVR: Installation fee: RM300 (existing customers); RM400 (new customers); RM50 (Superpack users). Recording fee: RM10/month*
Astro B.yond IPTV: CLICK HERE
Astro B.yond VOD: Price may vary per VOD content subscribed.

Note:
Minimum 1mbps internet connection are needed for the VOD service (Astro B.yond IPTV are excluded). Using mobile broadband (e.g. Maxis, Celcom, Digi, U, P1, YES) are not recommended as mobile quota may be used up. QoS service on your router may be needed to reserve minimum bandwidth to your Astro B.yond to ensure smooth VOD experience (TP-Link routers are highly recommended). For PVR users, use the 2nd Ethernet port.

Important Links:
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Wow.. Time flies... V13 already...

By the way, the information above needs to be updated. It's outdated now.
joshhd
post Dec 25 2016, 08:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(krezz @ Dec 24 2016, 12:05 PM)
QUOTE(krezz @ Dec 23 2016, 11:43 PM)
Hi.
I just recently subscribed astro with hd
Currently using the new smaller dmt
My problem is all hd channels do not work. The screen will turn black  with flickering video 1 sec, then black
Already change wit a new dmt, but the problem still persist. The technician suggested for me to upgrade to hd pvr to use its dmt as he said the small dmt is not compatible with my tv.
My tv model is samsung series 6 uhdtv
Anybody encounter the same problem?
Have you try reboot your Astro DMT? If still persists, try connect other HDMI ports on your TV.

Already reboot , change hdmi ports. Still same problem
Well, it looks that you can't do much about it anymore. I suggest you contact Astro about this.
joshhd
post Dec 28 2016, 01:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Dec 27 2016, 04:42 PM)
wow really desperate  blink.gif  bye.gif

I wonder which others countries would Astro sell their content / channel to in future cool2.gif  sweat.gif  rolleyes.gif  mega_shok.gif
As always, Astro will always find all sort of ways to earn money, desperately.

As for the eGG, Astro just create a channel platform that provides all those live game tournament matches onto the channel, and then they produce some talk shows related to eSports, and yeah... can sell the channel to other country dy...
joshhd
post Dec 28 2016, 02:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

When not much customers using OD content, what would Astro do to make more customers to use and enjoy OD feature?

Attached Image

"You make a contest." 😂😂😂😂
joshhd
post Dec 28 2016, 01:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(Anime in HD @ Dec 28 2016, 10:12 AM)
Astro so called OD with Home Wi-Fi is very lousy. yawn.gif puke.gif
Nothing interesting. Slow download server. Outdated content.
I have 10Mbps speed to try to use it. But download very slow. mad.gif

Just close shop your tak guna OD service. Can't compete with Iflix and Netflix at all.
Atleast this streaming service have something new to watch.
But Astro punya stream on demand PVR service. Just like their promote premium.
With outdated server and new content.

Promosi bukan main. Cerita sama je. Ulang banyak kali.
Download ambil masa yang lama. Tapi boleh tengok 2 hari je. bangwall.gif
It is true that currently Astro OD library is limited. Not much variety of programmes to watch compared to other platforms.
And some titles even don't have subtitles option too...

I'm using Maxis 10Mbps and I have no issues streaming (while downloading) OD content, even SD or HD.
Looks that the download/streaming issue could be from your side, not Astro's.
If you connect using WiFi, then it could be WiFi related issue. Try use LAN cable instead.
joshhd
post Dec 29 2016, 01:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(CTU @ Dec 29 2016, 12:24 AM)
I dropped my Superpack 1 package in September becoz the team i support in the EPL was relegated to a league that astro dont show. Plus astro hike the price at that time too so made sense to drop.

I got myself an android box plus an IPTV service from a member here on lowyat..got to watch my team again plus epl plus anything u want in this world from the box and iptv service.

Astro has been bugging me. Call me countless times after i drop the package. Luckily i have caller id app so when they call, i reject n block them straight away. Can't call me, they send that SMS about that EPL offer. Dulu when i was with them, never called, just collect money. Now begging me to have them back.

Padan muka. Thanks but ur history astro
Irony is:

If you go from paying more to less, Astro will call you to ask for more money.

If you are already paying so much money to Astro, why they want to call you for more money?
joshhd
post Dec 30 2016, 09:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

Wow, first time I ever see 8TV air 16:9 programmes without letterbox...
Attached Image
Source: Screenshot from tonton.com.my - 8TV (Live TV)

And this Korean drama is aired in Korean audio dub instead of usual Mandarin audio dub.

However, 16:9 commercials still in 4:3 with letterbox...

This post has been edited by joshhd: Dec 30 2016, 09:59 PM
joshhd
post Dec 31 2016, 06:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

TV9 now showing this 16:9 (HD) programme without letterbox.

Original from 4:3 video
Attached Image

After being stretched on 16:9 TV
Attached Image

And it appears that they've changed a new subtitle font for good.

Same goes to 8TV. But some programmes still displays letterbox.
Attached Image

This post has been edited by joshhd: Dec 31 2016, 06:31 PM
joshhd
post Jan 1 2017, 12:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(szb @ Jan 1 2017, 08:44 AM)
I'm just moved to a high rise building with centralised astro dish recently. The house only has one satellite output port from wall for my astro pvr decoder so astro installer uses a splitter to split one cable to two.

Now I having problem to record tv programmes on a HD channel and a SD channel at the same time. It always lost signal for tuner 1, and HD programme will not be recorded or stop recording. Any solution for this problem?
Solution is either you have 2 satellite ports connected from your wall socket (not using any splitter), OR connect to your own satellite dish installed outside your unit (example: balcony) if your building management allows it and then use dual LNB and connects two (2) RG6 coax cable, OR subscribe to Astro IPTV. Try contacting your building management and ask for advice from them.

In technical explanation (that Astro will not explain to you):
In simple words, one (1) satellite port to the satellite dish (Universal LNB) can only work with either:

Low frequency Ku band (10.7GHz to 11.6GHz) (which is used for all SD channels on Measat 3, HD channels on Measat 3b, as well as selected HD channels on Measat 3 satellite)

- OR -

High frequency Ku band (11.7GHz-12.75GHz) (only HD channels on Measat 3a satellite).

This is because the HD channel that you recording are from Measat 3a satellite as Measat 3a satellite uses high band range of Ku band. This is a technical limitation due to incompatible satellite transponder frequency range.

Based on your installation, this is what will happen if you record 2 channels simultaneously:

Tuner 1: AXN (701) - SD channel on Measat 3
Tuner 2: HBO (411) - SD channel on Measat 3

Possible? Yes.
-----

Tuner 1: Astro SuperSport HD (831) - HD channel on Measat 3a
Tuner 2: Fox Movies Premium HD (433) - HD channel on Measat 3a

Possible? Yes.
-----

Tuner 1: Astro AEC (301) - SD channel on Measat 3
Tuner 2: Astro AEC HD (306) - HD channel on Measat 3b

Possible? Yes.
-----

Tuner 1: Lifetime HD (709) - HD channel on Measat 3a
Tuner 2: Discovery Channel (551) - SD channel on Measat 3

Possible? No.
It depends which channel start to record first. Assuming you are not watching any programme (leave your decoder standby). So for example Lifetime programme starts at 5.00pm-7.00pm, but documentary starts at 6.30pm-7.30pm. Then it will start to record Lifetime programme first, until 7.00pm. Then only it will start to record documentary from 7.00-7.30pm, so your first 30 mins of the programme (starts from 6.30-7.00pm) won't be recorded.

If 2 channels programme ends at the same time, then only the first programme that recorded first will be recorded, the second programme will not be recorded.
------

So as you can see above, only 1 port (for your case, the only one port from your wall socket) can receive one frequency range for Universal LNB (the normal kind of LNB, which is used on most homes and centralised building). Once the satellite port is receiving TV channels under low freq (SD channels), then you can no longer receive high freq (such as HD channels on Measat 3a), until you stop watching low freq channels then you tune to high freq channels, you can watch high freq channels, then you can't watch low freq channels.

You cannot receive both low and high freq at the same satellite port (connected to Universal LNB) at the same time. Unless if you use dual LNB, where the LNB has 2 satellite ports connected to Tuner 1 and Tuner 2, then it won't have issue. Or you use SatCR LNB, you can receive both low and high freq at the same time using 1 cable (or existing cable), but this is only possible for individual satellite dishes but not possible for centralised building due to technical limitation. You can get SatCR LNB from Astro and it costs RM53 (incl. GST).
joshhd
post Jan 2 2017, 03:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(doublef @ Jan 2 2017, 12:33 AM)
anyone know how to setup 5.1 surround with astro?

i just buy RT3 Sony home theatre system.

But when i try to enable dolby 5.1 no sound at all.

only stereo got sound.

Any sifu can help me? Thanks in advance
I found a website, which I thinks it provides all the info you need to set up Dolby 5.1 for Astro.

http://astrobyondinfo.weebly.com/set-up-dolby-51.html
joshhd
post Jan 2 2017, 08:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(Boy96 @ Jan 2 2017, 08:46 PM)
How much is the penalty if the Astro decoder is missing/stolen ya?
It depends on the contract of your decoder/subscription. For HD box is RM240, PVR box is RM500.

If your decoder is stolen, you should file a police report instead.

What happened to your decoder? Convenient to share with us?
joshhd
post Jan 2 2017, 09:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(Boy96 @ Jan 2 2017, 08:52 PM)
Moving shop, construction going on as well at the same time, then realized the decoder missing already
What decoder you're using though? Is it still in 12 or 24 months contract?
joshhd
post Jan 3 2017, 11:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(szb @ Jan 3 2017, 09:16 AM)
Thank you for your explanation.  thumbsup.gif

Sometimes some HD channels will lost its signal even I'm not recording any programme, e.g. 831 (HD) no signal but 832 (HD) has it / 309 (HD) no signal but 310 (HD) has it

Do you know what is the reason?  hmm.gif
Some HD channels are in low frequency, some are high frequency. You can only receive (also including recording) either low or high frequency from ONE port only, remember?

If Tuner 1 is already on 831 (high freq), then Tuner 2 can only receive 721 (high freq) HD channels

If Tuner 1 is already on 831 (high freq), then Tuner 2 can't receive 306 (low freq) HD channels

I suggest you do something about this, because this can make your TV experience miserable. Plus, don't make these technical s**t ruin your TV experience.

Get 2 separate satellite ports for your PVR, no splitter! Or, connect own satellite dish installed at balcony if your building management allows. Or upgrade to Astro IPTV. Or try ask if your building management, see if your building's centralised dish supports DCSS, which is similar to SatCR, it requires only 1 cable and it can powered to multiple satellite inputs/decoders (also known as Unicable). (Sorry if I am being too technical into this).

Don't understand what I am talking? Simple, call Astro customer service and see what they can help you.
joshhd
post Jan 3 2017, 11:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(izwanikhsan @ Jan 3 2017, 06:40 PM)
No new channel but more potong channels:

Astro continuously reviews its content proposition to offer the best choices and a variety of compelling content for our customers. To this end, we regret to inform that ITV Choice Channel (Ch 735) will cease transmission from 16th January 2017 at 00:15 hours as the viewership trends for ITV have not been within expectation. However, we will be showing selected titles via Subscription On Demand (SVOD) pack
In my opinion, since they decided to drop ITV Choice due to low viewership, then.... What else can we do?

Pay TVs (not only Astro) chose to drop the channel due to low viewership is most probably because they are not getting much revenue/profit by offering the channel. So they rather focus on other channels that they can earn more profit. Since there is only minority of viewers watches the channel, as if not many viewers are interested to watch the channel, Astro is more likely to not somehow renew their channel agreement with the channel provider (ITV Choice). It could mean that Astro has already realised this for a very long time (based on their statistics and stuff), so Astro just continue providing the channel to viewers, and when the time comes (agreement period going to end), they will drop the channel.

So at the end of the day, it is not about whether the viewers want to watch or whatsoever, it is all about business, it is all about money.
joshhd
post Jan 4 2017, 12:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(izwanikhsan @ Jan 3 2017, 11:49 PM)
The point is Astro is so used to arbitrarily drop channels without any replacement and maintain the package price. Like Starhub even if they remove certain channels, they will bring in new channels to calm down customers.
You can't directly compare with Singapore's Starhub TV...

You know Singaporeans, their priority is quality of service, and yeah, "kiasu" (afraid of losing) (No offence to Singaporeans). So for them, keeping customers happy are part of their priority for sure, unlike Astro. If the customers dissatisfied with Starhub TV, most probably the customers will not choose to re-contract their subscription with them, and they will either terminate the service or move to Singtel TV. Their company reputation is important, that's why.

In Singapore, they have competition. Malaysia? We got monopoly.

Monopoly business are unhealthy, and you know that. They won't care much about customer's satisfaction as long they keep paying their bills on time. Astro has over 5 million customers. Some of the customers cancel a package won't affect them much. Even Astro's company is ruined to some people, so what? What they want is people keep paying them money. Don't like Astro? Want to cancel Astro? Okay, so if you cancel Astro, do you have other pay TV to subscribe to, that can provide good channels as Astro? Hypp TV? Does their channels suit your "taste"?

See the difference now? Sorry to say, but this is true.
joshhd
post Jan 5 2017, 02:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(epipongi @ Jan 4 2017, 10:47 PM)
Hi Guys, quick question but a little bit newbies question i guest.
I'll move to a new house next month, planning to get IPTV/android box. The problem is, soon to be my area is not within unifi coverage. Is there any option for me to proceed with IPTV without unifi?

Thanks.
Are you sure your area doesn't have Unifi? Well, why would you want to buy that house??? You should check for fibre broadband coverage of that house before you buy house next time.

Is Streamyx available in your area?
joshhd
post Jan 5 2017, 07:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(epipongi @ Jan 5 2017, 05:10 PM)
Good one bro. thumbup.gif 
Will follow your advise then. Any good or recommended android box and IPTV one to subscribe?
Great explanation by CTU...

By the way, what kind of channels you would expect from IPTV? If you are referring to a underground IPTV service (not legal type), then you should be aware:

1) No guarantee that you can watch all channels without issues as the channel provider's server might be under maintenance or down occasionally, or there's large amount of users are watching that particular channel and the server became busy, hence you might not able to watch the channel.

2) If the channel provider gets the channel from Astro satellite, then if the channel provider's location is currently heavy rain, you will not able to watch the channel (you will see "Service currently not available" message until the whether over there is cleared.

3) Audio/video is not well synchronised (lip-sync issue)
Sometimes you might notice the audio/video does not match on what you see/listen. Such as the video is playing ahead over audio, or the video is playing slower behind over audio.

4) Some channels might occasionally buffering, or it will kept on Loading when switching channels

5) Some underground IPTV service does not have EPG service, means you can't get TV schedule like what you have on Astro, such as what programme is currently showing or showing next.

6) Don't expect for interchangeable audio/subtitle languages like usual pay TV. The subtitles you see on screen are most probably hard coded (permanently) and cannot be change or turn off like usual pay TV.

7) If your speed is not very high (such as 4Mbps or 8Mbps), and even if you can watch IPTV channel smoothly without or occasionally buffering, that doesn't means you can surf the Internet as usual. You may experience slow browsing speeds when watching IPTV channels. Don't forget that streaming IPTV channel also uses your existing Internet speed.

I'm telling you this is not to scare you. I'm telling you is because I hope you are aware of the disadvantages of underground IPTV service, besides knowing that you can get access of hundred to thousands of channels from local to international by subscribing to IPTV service at a cheap/affordable price.

P.S: I used before, that's why I know biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by joshhd: Jan 5 2017, 07:18 PM
joshhd
post Jan 13 2017, 06:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(godslayer84 @ Jan 13 2017, 01:34 PM)
Is Wah lai toi 310HD free for wah package?
Last time only can watch 311 sd channel..
Suddenly can watch 310 HD..
If I'm not mistaken, Wah Lai Toi HD (310) has been included in Wah Pack.
joshhd
post Jan 14 2017, 06:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(kumario9 @ Jan 13 2017, 06:05 PM)
Guys, anyone experience screen flickering issue only on HD channels recently? Normal channel without HD channels seems no issues.
No for me. What are the HD channels that you experience screen flickering issue?
If possible try record and upload a clear video here of how's your screen flickering issue looks like.
joshhd
post Jan 19 2017, 10:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(amiruleffendy @ Jan 18 2017, 09:43 PM)
Hi All, i would like to ask, i have just installed PVR
but when i record a HD channel
im not allowed to watch another HD channel at the same time.
It will appear the "connection problem" issue

the only way i can watch that HD channel if i stop recording tbe other HD channel

my astro is in a condo

thanks in advance
3 weeks ago, someone asked the same question as you. I've explained everything in detail here: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...&#entry83184507

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=83215394

This post has been edited by joshhd: Jan 19 2017, 10:45 PM

24 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1284sec    0.38    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:43 PM