68 Pages « < 60 61 62 63 64 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How to decide the type of CCTV you need?, Security System - CCTV

views

lankorn
post Mar 4 2023, 09:43 PM

Getting Started
117 posts

Hi,need some details from Sifus here.Im planning to install CCTV for outdoor(Semi-D)surveilence.After gone through some comments here,i plan to go for either HIK or Dahua.I need a clear video during night(dark) and recorder which supports viewing through internet also.Whats the Pro & Cons of HIK & DAHUA?Any extra features to be considered from the latest CCTV technology?
adamw
post Mar 4 2023, 11:06 PM

Back to serve justice to those PKHKC corrupted Ex-ministers!
3,252 posts

QUOTE(lankorn @ Mar 4 2023, 09:43 PM)
Hi,need some details from Sifus here.Im planning to install CCTV for outdoor(Semi-D)surveilence.After gone through some comments here,i plan to go for either HIK or Dahua.I need a clear video during night(dark) and recorder which supports viewing through internet also.Whats the Pro & Cons of HIK & DAHUA?Any extra features to be considered from the latest CCTV technology?
You can consider Acive deterence feature, meaning sound & lights upon human detected but not for high traffice area as the sound can be very irritatings to yourself/neighbours. My personal preference is Uniview instead of HIK/Dahua.
lowyat101
post Mar 4 2023, 11:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,320 posts

Side question a bit, I need to extend a few alarm points at my wet kitchen extension. My contractor recommended to just loop from the existing sensor at the original back door to the new doors/windows at the extended area. May I know is this ok?

Also I will have 4 points to be extended, and he's charging RM150x4. May I know if this is the market rate?

Thanks

lankorn
post Mar 5 2023, 12:18 AM

Getting Started
117 posts

QUOTE(adamw @ Mar 4 2023, 11:06 PM)
You can consider Acive deterence feature, meaning sound & lights upon human detected but not for high traffice area as the sound can be very irritatings to yourself/neighbours. My personal preference is Uniview instead of HIK/Dahua.
Deterence you means human detection isit?
Will chekout for UNV.Most of the cameras nowadays have good clarity in daylight,so i need a good camera with clarity at night in the dark.

This post has been edited by lankorn: Mar 5 2023, 12:25 AM
adamw
post Mar 5 2023, 02:18 AM

3,252 posts

QUOTE(lankorn @ Mar 5 2023, 12:18 AM)
Deterence you means human detection isit?
Will chekout for UNV.Most of the cameras nowadays have good clarity in daylight,so i need a good camera with clarity at night in the dark.
Will you have decent lightings outdoor at night?
lankorn
post Mar 5 2023, 02:33 AM

Getting Started
117 posts

QUOTE(adamw @ Mar 5 2023, 02:18 AM)
Will you have decent lightings outdoor at night?
Nop thats why im looking for a good camera that have clarity in dark

idealhometech
post Mar 5 2023, 10:16 AM

NCS
917 posts

QUOTE(lankorn @ Mar 5 2023, 02:33 AM)
U may look for HIKVISION ColorVU Series, DAHUA FullColor Series.

adamw
post Mar 5 2023, 01:25 PM

3,252 posts

Using warm LED built in on the camera itself or real starlight camera with huge CMOS sensors?
culain99
post Mar 8 2023, 12:24 PM

-----
733 posts

any recommendations for enclosure/fireproof box to store cctv recorder + poe switch + router in ? house not occupied long periods so thinking need this to minimize fire risk
Netto Hikari
post Mar 11 2023, 02:55 AM

Solution Architect?
2,394 posts

user posted image

Look for CCTV for the IR distance, but no matter how far it is, the further the object is, the image wont be as clear as it is near, it will look like those horror movies.
http://www.belco.com.my/specs/HAC-HFW2501TU-Z-A.pdf

or try get those CCTV that has built-in LED spotlight but the range are also very limited.
Netto Hikari
post Mar 11 2023, 03:00 AM

Solution Architect?
2,394 posts

QUOTE(culain99 @ Mar 8 2023, 12:24 PM)
any recommendations for enclosure/fireproof box to store cctv recorder + poe switch + router in ? house not occupied long periods so thinking need this to minimize fire risk
just get any of those switch rack will do, a good quality 6U/9U rack would easily be around RM250++ not including the accessories.
idealhometech
post Mar 11 2023, 05:50 PM

NCS
917 posts

QUOTE(culain99 @ Mar 8 2023, 12:24 PM)
u may consider remote recording or cloud recording storage. biggrin.gif

culain99
post Mar 11 2023, 08:14 PM

-----
733 posts

QUOTE(Netto Hikari @ Mar 11 2023, 03:00 AM)
just get any of those switch rack will do, a good quality 6U/9U rack would easily be around RM250++ not including the accessories.
yes think 4u or 6u will do, try get one with ventilation fans

QUOTE(idealhometech @ Mar 11 2023, 05:50 PM)
u may consider remote recording or cloud recording storage.  :D
no internet access on that property, not an option
archief
post Apr 23 2023, 09:24 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

hi guys, would u guys recommend tp-link c200 or hikvision poe camera?
archief
post Apr 23 2023, 09:29 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(Cold|Drawn @ Dec 9 2022, 12:53 AM)
Depends on the budget

MUST:
1. go wired if it's under construction, don't go wireless WiFi
2. there's analog system - cheaper (rg59 coax cable, like astro cable), then there's ip system - more ex (LAN cable, cat5e)
3. regardless of which system you decide, definitely lay LAN cable

with wiring set in mind, then you need to consider budget
just a hint, camera these days are packed with features

Do you want:

1. intrusion alert, go youtube CCTV IVS
2. camera with mic?
3. camera with speaker?
4. camera that can pan/tilt (eg: move left right)

Feel free to mix and match, say

1. front porch camera you might want cam that pans left right + human detection
2. outdoor camera that secures your perimeter with higher resolution
3. indoor camera can select lower resolution just for monitoring purpose
4. you can even mix analog + IP

Conclusion is of course, more feature more duit need to spend, so... ya depends on budget smile.gif
hi may i know why need LAN cable and dont go wireless WIFI? nowadays camera like C200 tplink can do recording at camera itself, any other concern?
Oltromen Ripot
post Apr 26 2023, 02:57 PM

👍 999999 person Likes this member
3,796 posts

Need advice on selecting type of SD-Card.

TP-Link VIGI bullet LAN IP cameras, PoE from switches, w/ TP-Link network NVR. Outdoor, but not directly exposed to elements (sun, rain).

I noticed that if it detects suspected tampering, it will notify BUT not able to include image. The app says still need SD-Card to temporarily store image before can include in notification for those "interruption" events.

I am going for 32GB, since this is just for "interruptions", not primary storage. But do I need those Extreme/Endurance kind of cards? Or any is okay?

Class 10?
V30?
UHS1?

This post has been edited by Oltromen Ripot: Apr 26 2023, 03:06 PM
Oltromen Ripot
post Apr 26 2023, 03:05 PM

👍 999999 person Likes this member
3,796 posts

QUOTE(archief @ Apr 23 2023, 09:29 PM)
hi may i know why need LAN cable and dont go wireless WIFI? nowadays camera like C200 tplink can do recording at camera itself, any other concern?
Most cameras still uses 2.4GHz for maximum compatibility with diverse customers' set up.

You factor in 2.4GHz is subject to interference from neighbouring transmitters, you factor in bandwidth halving with each additional device on same SSID, you factor in quality or distortion of recording, .... how cute and sharp will your recording be on NVR? especially at "that" crucial moment of interest?

Yes, you can have it recorded locally on SD-Card. Will it survive tampering or theft if people knock out your camera off its base?

Since you need to pull power cable to the camera anyway, why not just pull an Ethernet cable? And/or use PoE camera? (though network switch placement, etc need to factor in.)
city_bug
post May 7 2023, 05:33 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

Need some help here, i had existing cat5e cable for my cctv, is it possible to use the existing cable and split it to more connection to new PoE?
adamw
post May 7 2023, 10:39 PM

3,252 posts

QUOTE(city_bug @ May 7 2023, 05:33 PM)
Need some help here, i had existing cat5e cable for my cctv,  is it possible to use the existing cable and split it to more connection to new PoE?
How many more camera you need to add? Is the Cat5e using full copper, reputable brand?

kayef
post May 10 2023, 08:51 AM

Getting Started
173 posts

Hi all,

I'm interested to get a POE CCTV system from HIK or DAHUA.

1st Question: Is it better to get an NVR with built in POE or separately get an NVR and a POE switch?

2nd Question: Will the NVR be able to detect the IP Cam as long as it is on the same network but separated by several switches?

68 Pages « < 60 61 62 63 64 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0249sec    0.04    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:04 AM